• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

it.gif
clerks.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I took a ride out to look at the POTC listed in Romeoville, IL. It was in a laundromat for a spell. The cabinet is pretty nice, compass decal is thrashed, rust and pitting on all ramp flaps as well as jack Monkey wireform. Save the trip if you are looking for a mint POTC as he describes in his ad. Just a friendly fyi

chicago.craigslist.org link
Mint condition rarely used Sterns Pirate of the Caribean pinball machine. Top of the line pinball machine with great action and features Pick up only May deliver for a fee.The greatest pirate adventure of all-time is now a pinball machine from Stern Pinball, Inc. Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean pinball features exciting elements from the first movie, as well as the box office record-breaking, Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean/Dead Man's Chest.

#2 11 years ago

I don't think I've ever bought a pin and not been lied to in some way (oh btw, it also has this issue), unless of course it's a dealer. And I only think a dealer HAS to be honest because it's a legitimate business that can be sued. It's a little harder to go after a private party, it's a small claims court at that point, and it would be hard to proove it didn't happen after you got it home.

Bunch of savages in this town

clerks.jpgclerks.jpg

#3 11 years ago

its a bummer sometimes.

it.gifit.gif

#4 11 years ago

Is this the same guy who has had the WMS IJ on Craigslist for $4600?

#5 11 years ago

Must be where you live, typically dealers are the WORST.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't think I've ever bought a pin and not been lied to in some way (oh btw, it also has this issue), unless of course it's a dealer.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't think I've ever bought a pin and not been lied to in some way (oh btw, it also has this issue), unless of course it's a dealer. And I only think a dealer HAS to be honest because it's a legitimate business that can be sued. It's a little harder to go after a private party, it's a small claims court at that point, and it would be hard to proove it didn't happen after you got it home.
Bunch of savages in this town

Then you haven't bought enough pins.

Last week I picked up an awesome ACDC BIBLE from CL in the suburbs. Also found a great deal Congo a year ago in Elgin, and my HS2 came from the burbs 18 months ago... great condition, good price. All from private individuals on CL.

Tom

#7 11 years ago

I've purchased a handful on CL all have been good experiences. There are always dudes who are shady no matter where or what they are selling.

btw.. a buddy of mine reached out to this same guy before I had told him about it and he calls it home use only now... kinda hard to claim that with a license to operate tag on the coin door

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-chicago-craigslist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.