You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

picture010.jpg
AnchovyPizza.jpg
picture010.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I can't figure out how to prevent this -I've checked and rechecked level. I am thinking of finding a shorter hex spacer that holds the spotlight in front of the chest to lower the ramp in that area...

Thoughts/experience?

#2 10 years ago

With picture

picture010.jpgpicture010.jpg

#3 10 years ago

same thing happens on mine, I can free it with a nudge but my kids can't.

#4 10 years ago

That is an odd place for it to get caught. I will have to take a look at mine and see if anything sticks out...no pun intended.

#5 10 years ago

Debating about getting a POTC. How well do they play? Fun Factor?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

That is an odd place for it to get caught. I will have to take a look at mine and see if anything sticks out...no pun intended.

Jmule - If you take your glass off, just set a ball there and see what happens. If it rolls down every time, please measure your hex spacers for me!!!

Bohdi - I have had a lot of fun with mine and the kids love it. Lots of stuff to bash on. Don't buy it if you don't like stops in the middle of the game.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

same thing happens on mine, I can free it with a nudge but my kids can't.

Its a fierce nudge to get it down for me. Can't be right.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Debating about getting a POTC. How well do they play? Fun Factor?

You either love it or you don't care for it. I think it's a good game...only had a few days but have played on location a number of times. I hear the wizard mode is tough to complete, which I would tend to think helps the staying power. It's a stop and go game, so if you like flow this isn't for you. I would have gone with another title if my wife didn't love the license so much. The general longer balls times fit into her wheelhouse more than mine. If you can snag one at a good price I think it's a good one...my 2 cents

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Jmule - If you take your glass off, just set a ball there and see what happens. If it rolls down every time, please measure your hex spacers for me!!!
Bohdi - I have had a lot of fun with mine and the kids love it. Lots of stuff to bash on. Don't buy it if you don't like stops in the middle of the game.

Thanks, gonna play one tomorrow.

#10 10 years ago

Never had a ball get stuck on that ramp on mine before.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Will do.....I got it Tuesday, but didn't get the keys. Seller is mailing them to me....he left the balls in the trough so I have been able to pay to play. Hoping the keys will come in tonight or tomorrow....if not I will be drilling the lock. Will let you know once I am able to test as you mentioned.

#12 10 years ago

Do you guys have the game extra flat? Of the 4 I've had through here, none have ever done that. Is the ramp tight?

#13 10 years ago

Yes - I even removed the ramp and made sure it seemed connected correctly and it does. It's been a little baffling. The ramp is in great shape and for levelness I'm using a digital level to measure - but I doubt its that since I have to lift the machine a significant amount to get it down.

Since Jmule didn't order keys with his game - If anyone else can measure their hex spacer that'd be great.

#14 10 years ago

I ordered the works, but got cheese and anchovies

AnchovyPizza.jpgAnchovyPizza.jpg

#15 10 years ago

I think if the ramp leans to the right more it will roll out of there. Can you see any way to get it to lean more right? Pushing on the right side of the ramp get the ball moving?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

The ramp is in great shape and for levelness I'm using a digital level to measure - but I doubt its that since I have to lift the machine a significant amount to get it down.

What is your pitch? Should be at least 6.5 degrees between the flippers. Do NOT trust the factory bubble. I too have never seen one regularly getting balls stuck there. I've played dozens on location over the years and have my own Pirate's out on location right now.

If you're at 6.5 or more, not sure where you would change posts to help. You could try adding flat washers between the hex posts and the underside of the ramp to see if that would help. Otherwise, adding wax just in that area of the ramp may help (novus clean first, then wax).

That 'ramp' is the worst named ramp ever. It really isn't a ramp. You can't 'shoot' that ramp. But it's made from ramp material and is about the biggest 'ramp' ever made. What was Nordman thinking?

#17 10 years ago

I think if the ramp leans to the right more it will roll out of there. Can you see any way to get it to lean more right? Pushing on the right side of the ramp get the ball moving?

So - Yes - I can't push down anymore along the ramp, but I can push down on the right side of the gate and that will do it. Makes me wonder if a hex spacer is missing there (to hold that side down). See picture for where I can press down enough to get it rolling.

picture010.jpgpicture010.jpg

#18 10 years ago

mine is set pretty steep, so I don't think pitch is the issue.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

mine is set pretty steep, so I don't think pitch is the issue.

There are definitely some differences between each one. Which isn't surprising considering the monstrosity that it is. Mine is more prone to go down the broadside ramp than most, which players like.

Because there aren't any outside hex posts, it's gonna be tough. Jacking up the upper ones is worth a try. As I said above, you could try 2 or 3 flat washers between the under side of the ramp and the top of the hex posts. Might make is steep enough.

#20 10 years ago

I wouldn't focus so much on other people's pictures because each game is different. Instead, focus on where you can push go get the ball to roll then how to get that spot lower or other spots higher.

#21 10 years ago

This used to happen on my POTC all of the time--but only when the ball was automatically launched. It didn't have enough power to go all of the way up the ramp and would settle at the same spot as yours. I determined that the plunger tip was slightly scraping the ball launcher during automatic launch. I took the plunger off, used two pliers to stretch the spring about 1/4" longer. This moved the plunger tip back 1/4" and no longer touches the ball launcher. The ball almost never gets stuck on the ramp anymore, and doesn't affect manual ball launch or appearance.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from mman23:

This used to happen on my POTC all of the time--but only when the ball was automatically launched. It didn't have enough power to go all of the way up the ramp and would settle at the same spot as yours. I determined that the plunger tip was slightly scraping the ball launcher during automatic launch. I took the plunger off, used two pliers to stretch the spring about 1/4" longer. This moved the plunger tip back 1/4" and no longer touches the ball launcher. The ball almost never gets stuck on the ramp anymore, and doesn't affect manual ball launch or appearance.

I had no idea what you meant until I just checked it out. The ball was actually resting on the plunger tip instead of the metal auto launch piece. I replaced the exterior spring on the plunger rod with a longer, beefier one and now it works 100%! Thanks for the tip, I was viewing the auto launch as a separate issue when it was related all along!

#23 10 years ago

Hmm, never happens with auto launch. I just experiment with soft plunges to attempt parlay.

#24 10 years ago

I fiddled with this some more and am still stuck. I loosened it all up to try to find where I could adjust but no luck. The only place to push down and fix it is where I posted the arrow earlier but aside from adding a hex spacer with a wood screw bottom (or some concoction) I don't know how I can hold that side down. I can push up around the center of the ramp where the "walk the plank" drop is but I don't know how I could do that permanently; i.e. without using my finger to lift.

Pitch has always been 6.5 or above. Ramp was refinished and is very smooth. I wonder if my ramp has just developed a sag over time. I am going to try to workout a way to hold that side by the main gate down unless someone has a better idea.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 218.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-ball-gets-stuck-on-main-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.