photo (66).JPG
photo 1 (2).JPG
photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo (65).JPG
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Still can't believe I came home with this today. Dirty as humanely possible, missing backbox glass, missing power driver board, but otherwise complete, beautiful playfield (under dirt), nice cabinet, plaque still in place, all other components there. Happy to save this one from warehouse, and can't wait to have her back to life. #981 accounted for!

photo (65).JPGphoto (65).JPG

#2 10 years ago

congrats. sweet find! show more photos though!

#3 10 years ago

Wow! Nice find!

#4 10 years ago

Congrats what an Awsome score we need more to the story how and where did you find this !?!?!?

#5 10 years ago

Cool. cool, cool, for you....

properly price incomplete savable finds are generaly the most satisfying one

#6 10 years ago

Here's a few more pics. I have translite as well, just not glass. Whew, long day but worth taking work off for -- gonna go grab some food now!

[attachment=1593296,null]

photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG
#7 10 years ago

Happy for ya....

I just stole one of my Grail pins too...

Got her up and runnin, and am having a blast...

Enjoy the project, it will be fun

#8 10 years ago

diamond in the rough,congrats

#9 10 years ago

Grats on the find

Should have been made 05/04/94 One day after mine

#10 10 years ago

insane find! Id assume u got a good deal on it?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Grats on the find
Should have been made 05/04/94 One day after mine

Yep, that's the day it was manufactured!

Quoted from rollinover:

insane find! Id assume u got a good deal on it?

Very nice deal on it

Quoted from tpn2011:

Congrats what an Awsome score we need more to the story how and where did you find this !?!?!?

Craigslist lead actually (can't believe I was first contact), but came out of an operator's warehouse in NC. Has sat for years. Ad at first was kind of spammy looking, but I inquired and then got pictures, then set a meetup time, then showed up and sure enough it was the real deal!

#12 10 years ago

No way....that's awesome! Nice, nice score.

#13 10 years ago

Well, guess some people have luck. Wish I could stumble upon something like this.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Well, guess some people have luck. Wish I could stumble upon something like this.

Ditto,
I know I lucked out with my machine, and had one of the best buying experiences ever from a great seller from this site who found a gem locked away in a clients mansion in Beverly Hills that had under 300 plays on it, I have never seen a better machine,
But then again it wasn't "cheap" lol, but it wouldn't matter if I was offered double what I paid I'd never sell it,

I'm happy the OP found such an amazing machine, My personal favorite pin of all time,
Get in contact with Mike Chestnut for spares for the brass pieces, I got a full set of everything in duplicate for my machine not that it needed it but I wanted it,
Post pics after you clean it

#15 10 years ago

Congrats on your epic find.

#16 10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely keep up the progress on this machine. I cleaned up the cab and outside to get it inside without getting dust and dirt everywhere. Noticed DMD had been picked off as well, but did find goodie bag and all manuals in the cab. No certificate though unfortunately. Did a quick once over with Novus 2 on the playfield -- looks like she is going to clean up nice!

photo 1 (2).JPGphoto 1 (2).JPG
photo 2 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPG

#17 10 years ago

WOW drool soooooo jealous!

#18 10 years ago

Matt... take that horseshoe out of your a$$. I want to borrow it, LOL!
Amazing find.

#19 10 years ago

Looking good. Good find and glad it's in a good home. Now it's time for me to finally score a deal!

Agree with SPeD66, pass over that rabbits foot too.

#20 10 years ago

Awesome! playfield looks great too... what a find mine is # 988

#21 10 years ago

Damn right!! Pin find of the year Way to go!

#22 10 years ago

n i c e !!!

#23 10 years ago

Wow. More details on the find, please. Not like it is ever going to happen to me, but it's always nice to dream.

#24 10 years ago

Freaking awesome

#25 10 years ago

Very Nice Find! I wish I could come up with a deal like that. That's kind of like finding a Corvette or something in a barn with a tarp over it. Keep the pics coming. Looks like that is going to clean up very nice, should make you a great machine. Congrats!

#26 10 years ago

Freeking sweet, how many did they make ... It still blows my mind I can't own one for under 5k.. Just for the regular model

#27 10 years ago

Glad to hear that game got a good home where it is loved.

LTG : )™

#28 10 years ago

Nice score!

I just put a nice rebuilt -1 driver board in the marketplace.. if you don't have one already

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

More details on the find, please

Ad came up on Craigslist, no pictures saying he had an Addams Family Gold for sell and let him know what you'd give for it. I thought, hmmm, this seems a little spammy and it might not be a real gold, just an Addams with gold legs and the gold roms or something. But, I texted him because the number was listed. I don't like making offers on games because you never know what someone is expecting, so I just asked what he was looking to get out of it. He messaged me back that someone was willing to pay $____(very good deal price) and that he needed that. He said that person wanted two other games he had too, a DE Simpsons and Gameshow, both like the Addams were warehouse games. Said the guy was coming on Thursday, but that guy had stood him up before, so he kind of rather deal with someone else. I said, what if I come tomorrow morning? He said cool, removed CL ad, sent me pics of the games. I was shocked to see it actually was TAFG. Anyway, I was a little reticent about meeting at a warehouse by myself off a CL thing and finding transport for three games on no notice was tough too, so I asked if he'd be willing to just pull the TAFG and meet me off the highway. He was, and I met him the next morning and did the deal. Super nice guy, told him to call me if he ever has others to unload. Also, if anyone is interested in a DE Simpson or Gameshow, let me know.

Quoted from Dawson:

how many did they make

1,000, all numbered. Here's a site with a pretty detailed owner's list: http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/TAFGlist.htm

Quoted from johnwartjr:

I just put a nice rebuilt -1 driver board in the marketplace.. if you don't have one already

I am in need of one, will check it out! Have a lot of orders to place today to begin this process.

This shop will be a little easier than usual I think because I have Shanetastic's TAF right beside of it for reference and as a template. Goal is to replicate Shane's wonderful job on that TAF in the Gold. If it comes out as well as I hope, then Gold will be kept and Shane's excellent regular will be up for sale. I have a couple people who have already expressed some interest, but feel free to PM if you're interested.

#30 10 years ago

OK, Power Driver board, new DMD, new main staircase ramp, new leg levelers, new backbox glass and all trim, rubber kit, star posts, lock, full target decal set and 4-flipper rebuild ordered. Email sent to Mike Chestnut about brass plating lockdown bar, side rails, legs and bolts, and inquiry out to Cliff for vault, chair and swamp exit cliffys. Large LED order will go out soon as well too. Not wasting any time on this one, will keep updates flowing on this thread!

#31 10 years ago

thats insane go get both the other ones too. I would even say go back to the warehouse and have a look u know he is legit now!

#32 10 years ago

What an awesome find! Congrats!

#33 10 years ago

Locked by request.

4 weeks later
#34 9 years ago

Unlocked by request.

#35 9 years ago

Long, not worth getting into story on this game, but all resolved now so I can keep you guys updated on it's progress.

Here's where she sits now:

Mike Chestnut plated the lockdown bar, legs, bolts, two wireforms, siderails and shooter housing. Have all but the legs and wireforms in which are in transit currently. I tore the playfield down to wood, cleaned heavily with Novus 1 and Novus 2, several layers of wax added, new rubbers, full LEDs added, rebuilt all 4 flippers with new coils, added a new Thing hand, Cliffys on vault, chair and swamp exit, target decals added on all targets, new Pinball, Inc. Ramp added and all parts swamped from old ramp, new leg levelers, backboard decal, Gold Pinbits leg protectors procured, added a new power driver board I got from John Wart, Jr, added a new DMD, rebuilt the DMD controller board completely (all diodes, zener diodes, resisters, block resistors and caps), added new backglass and trim and cleaned up outside of the cabinet and cloud topper.

What's left:

Trouble shoot one opto problem, install new side rails, legs, bolts and wireforms, add a cloud LED illumination mod I bought, do some minor touch-up on the front decal near the flower with the help of the artist girlfriend, install new balls and then enjoy this game!

Updated pics coming soon!

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

...with the help of the artist girlfriend...

Ya got a new gf? Inquiring minds want to know! Best wishes to ya Matt & looking forward to seeing your TAF gold in person someday soon.

#37 9 years ago

Glad you managed to resolve the situation, hopefully to your satisfaction. Still a great find. Congrats and good luck.

#38 9 years ago

So, only thing keeping the game from full operation at the moment is a missing thing eject assembly. If anyone has a line on part #A-15368. Please, please let me know.

#39 9 years ago

photo (66).JPGphoto (66).JPG

Crisis averted on the eject assembly. Able to find parts piece by piece to rebuild from two suppliers. Here's a quick snap shop of the game as she currently sits. Need to install the new side rails, install eject assembly when it comes in, new sheet of glass coming tomorrow, dial in last few items, and then she's done and will sit snug between WW and TZ

#40 9 years ago

Looks fantastic from how you found it. Great job!

#41 9 years ago

Looking awesome TD. Now you need a color DMD

#42 9 years ago

Now you need to invite all the NC and VA guys over to see it in person....

Looks fantastic

Good job bro

#43 9 years ago

Thanks all! Callmethebreeze, I've been planning a bash for some time for all the local pinheads at my place. I've just got to quit buying new games long enough to have the gameroom in order for it! Hopefully, this summer!

1 week later
#44 9 years ago

photo (67).JPGphoto (67).JPG

Well, the bracket I order from Australia finally came in! Put that assembly together and installed it, took about 10 games with the glass off to dial into perfection. TAFG #981 is back from the dead and looking and playing great -- so happy to have her tucked into her spot in the gameroom!

#45 9 years ago

great looking pin .congrats. always great to see one back to life.

#46 9 years ago

I love gold.gifI love gold.gif

#47 9 years ago

Awesome MATT! I also love what you have done with your Whirlwind...Your Lawlor collection is looking sweet!

#48 9 years ago

Thanks, Steve! I need to get ES over there in the line soon. It's on the opposite side of the room currently. Re-shuffling the whole room is such a pain though I usually only do once every 6 months or so.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Thanks, Steve! I need to get ES over there in the line soon. It's on the opposite side of the room currently. Re-shuffling the whole room is such a pain though I usually only do once every 6 months or so.

Every Six MONTHS! I am reshuffling every week it seems like! I know another machine that is missing from the collection

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I know another machine that is missing from the collection

I'd love to see it enter in Keep me posted!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pot-of-gold-found-at-the-warehouse-at-the-end-of-the-rainbow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.