Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Personally I think we should stop posting about cl pins we see for sale. For instance, I'm looking at a pin I saw on cl only to come here and see someone posted on pinside for all to see ( and ruin my chances).

Thoughts?

#2 12 years ago

We could say that if an ad is up more than a day, it's fair game to post it.

#3 12 years ago

I think everyone should stop looking at CL altogether. QUIT RUINING BLACKBEARD'S CHANCES EVERYONE!

#4 12 years ago

Pinbot says it best.

No seriously. It takes away from getting a great buy after ones diligent efforts.

#5 12 years ago

Though I understand your frustration, I would still rather SOME person on here gets the deals listed. Not saying it doesn't happen to me, too. For me it is mostly the lack of available pins near me make any decent ones on CL disappear in minutes.

#6 12 years ago

The more responses a seller gets the more they think they undervalued it. Posting it here hurts everyone on average.

#7 12 years ago

The way I see it, if I'm planning on getting a pin I see on CL, I contact that seller INSTANTLY. If I was not getting it but it would be good for others, sure thing, post it on here.

That said, my machine was posted up on here before I got it, not by me, but after I had already contacted the seller and was talking closing the deal. I suppose if he had turned around and sold the thing after I had given him a down payment I would feel a little salty about the whole thing, especially after we both signed a contract (I'm legal like that).

So, what are one's diligent efforts? Finding a link and sending an email? I wouldn't post the link as a serious buyer before I checked out the product in person and talked to the seller.

#8 12 years ago

This is the second thread started about this. Do we need a CL section here???

#9 12 years ago

I think creating unofficial community rules like this is mostly unenforceable and will just turn people off to this forum.

For example, someone from Boston happens across a great deal in California and posts with the idea of tipping off fellow pinsiders to it. Someone in CA who already knew about it gets all butthurt that the Boston guy "ruined" his stealth buy and jumps on the forum. "Hey boston dummy, didn't you know our "rule" about not spoiling deals?" "That rules is dumb" "You're dumb" "The red sox suck."

#10 12 years ago

Yes diligence is nagging the seller etc before others.

#11 12 years ago

I agree it's totally unenforceable. Just venting I guess.

#12 12 years ago

Blackbeard are you talking about the post I put up earlier? If so, it is deleted. I apologize.

And the Red Sox do suck.

#13 12 years ago

Actually no Adam. Something else. I'm just being a brat I guess.

Agreed. Red sox blow

#14 12 years ago

It was that $7500 dollar Marilyn Taxi I posted wasn't it? You were saving up for a AFM or a MM and said screw it... that Taxi looks just too sweet.

#15 12 years ago

The only CL ads that i post here are the funny or waaayyyy
    overpriced ones,Some Pins pop up at a good price and I think
    some members post them because they might be too far or
    money,room is not good at the moment.I think they are just
    being helpful but at the same time it attracts the lurkers and
    steal the deal.

#16 12 years ago

Yeah, the 7500 dollar Marilyn taxi. That can't be a legit price, can it? How rare are they?!

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yeah, the 7500 dollar Marilyn taxi. That can't be a legit price, can it? How rare are they?!

No,That's a rip off or a big joke.

#20 12 years ago

I've heard this same complaint on EVERY pinball forum I'm a part of. You can't stop it, people are in a way trying to help others, which they do. But they also hurt people who may have a line on it already. So it goes both ways...

Not much you can do really..

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

I think creating unofficial community rules like this is mostly unenforceable and will just turn people off to this forum.

I agree with this 100%.

Quoted from tomdotcom:

... people are in a way trying to help others, which they do. But they also hurt people who may have a line on it already. So it goes both ways...

Exactly.

#22 12 years ago

If there's a great deal on CL at least 1/2 dozen people know about it within an hour or 2 anyway. I can't believe posting it here will make that much of a difference.

#23 12 years ago

Exactly
    the 1st rule when buying a pin off C-List
    Get there fast with cash

#24 12 years ago

My 2 cents worth is unless Robin says no CL posting's here then it's fair game and game on.

If someone's posting a listing in Idaho and I'm in NC, the chances of me wanting that pin are
    ZERO %.

I think people posting CL listings here are just saying "look what I found and maybe you'll be interested in this". I don't think people are posting CL listings to take anyone out of the running for trying to obtain a pin.

The phrase "first come first served" comes to mind, and that's the way it usually goes when people are scampering to get to the CL listing first. If someone's beat you to it, offered the money and sealed the deal, oh well. You lose

The early bird gets the worm and all that jazz.

#25 12 years ago

No need to create an extra bureaucracy of rules. Does it kill the CL hunters from grabbing an 800 MM? Maybe, Maybe not. I'm sure the super great deals on CL don't need Pinsiders to promote them. Most Pinsiders already look at their local CL anyways.

I have never posted CL deals, but don't mind those that do.

Forums were created to promote talk on particular subjects, not limit them.

Just my opinion.

#26 12 years ago

It's a double edged sword. Odds are, if you're going to get beat to a really good deal, i wouldn't think it would be due to a posting on this website.

#27 12 years ago

There have definitely been times where members have picked up games that they wouldn't have even known about if another member didn't mention the ad here on Pinside. Case in point:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-bit-of-a-project-tz-for-2k-bay-area-california-cl

#28 12 years ago

I think it is helpful to fellow Pinsiders to post the CL ads for good deals. If it is a good deal you need to be on it within a days time anyway or it is gone if you wait until someone sees it on pinside then contacts the seller you've likely waited to long. It feels good to help a fellow pinhead find a pin and I really don't see any reason to stop.

It helps Pinsiders become aware of good deals and let the chips fall where they may. As I mentioned before if you wait more than a day on a killer deal you have waited too long with all the pinheads addicted to watching CL for steals.

#29 12 years ago

If you knew about it before it was listed here, then you already had the edge. It's a moot point really. Trying to censor a pinball forum from posting pinball classifieds is ridiculous.

#30 12 years ago

wish there would eve be any steals here, best i foudn was $4900 for a nice looking monster bash

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

$4900 for a nice looking Monster Bash

You should have scooped that up.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

if you wait more than a day on a killer deal you have waited too long with all the pinheads addicted to watching CL for steals.

+1

I enjoy seeing CL ads on here. I am sure most of us have a small addiction to craigslist and check it just as frequently if not more than we check pinside. I check it like ten times a day even though I have zero money to buy a pin right now. A good deal is going to go lightening fast whether or not it is reposted.

The real scourge is those on craigslist that find a great deal and then flag the hell out of it so it gets removed and no one else can call.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I enjoy seeing CL ads on here. I am sure most of us have a small addiction to craigslist and check it just as frequently if not more than we check pinside. I check it like ten times a day even though I have zero money to buy a pin right now. A good deal is going to go lightening fast whether or not it is reposted.

Who doesn't check CL often for pins?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/posting-ads-from-cl-on-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.