Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2722 (resized).JPG
    PinBox3000TwoMachines_(resized).JPG
    PinboxGY4_(resized).JPG
    PinboxGY3_(resized).JPG
    PinboxGY2_(resized).JPG
    PinboxGY1_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I mentioned in another thread that one of the coolest ideas I've seen in a long time is the PinBox 3000. This is a tabletop size DIY carboard mechanical pinball. It takes a little over an hour to assemble, you play with marbles, and best of all, you get to design and swap out playfields. I'd love to see pictures of what people have done with this and hear about ideas as well.

#2 7 years ago

I'll start by showing off a project I'm currently working on. I bought two tables at Pintastic -- one for me and one for my daughter. My design is based on the great Neil Gaimon novel "The Graveyard Book." Here are some pics:

PinboxGY1_(resized).JPGPinboxGY1_(resized).JPG
    PinboxGY2_(resized).JPGPinboxGY2_(resized).JPG
    PinboxGY3_(resized).JPGPinboxGY3_(resized).JPG
    PinboxGY4_(resized).JPGPinboxGY4_(resized).JPG

That's right! The Pro version comes with a spinner!

This is still a work in progress. I'm going to make a little cardboard graveyard chapel to go behind the ramp. And, I'm thinking about adding some bumpers but not entirely sure about it. I'm also thinking about a ball lock under the wireform.

#4 7 years ago

Yeah, I found it helpful to build mine before I helped my daughter with hers. Her decorating is nearly complete. I'll post some pictures of it later. She did one based on one of her favorite books.

Since I last posted, I added a ball lock and the funeral chapel. The ball lock works moderately well. My main issue at the moment is that when I launch a ball, it hits a rubber band behind the ramp and comes back down the shooter lane. I'm going to try to make a flap out of some card stock to prevent that from happening.

Other than that, I think I may be done. I keep thinking it needs one thing more, but I'm not sure where, and I feel like I'm running out of space. This must by what real pinball designers feel. Making maximum use of space is harder than I thought.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

On a side note, your ball lock problem, Id open a support ticket, then a complaint thread with the manufacturer! HA!

Yeah, I should probably also complain about the inferior quality of the clearcoat. I'll never buy a PinBox 3000 NIB again!

#7 7 years ago

Hmmm . . . I'm not sure why someone is giving me down votes on each of my posts. This thread is pretty tame and innocuous. Perhaps it was a mistake.

Anyway, my creation is done, as is my daughter's. Here is a photo of the two of them. My daughter's is based on one of her favorite books "The Book of Story Beginnings". One part is about a King who likes cats and a Queen who likes birds and how they cannot get along. My daughter chose that aspect for her theme.

PinBox3000TwoMachines_(resized).JPGPinBox3000TwoMachines_(resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thats just egg......hes got a thumbs down streak going on where he visits!
    Love the final results!
    Tell your daughter an old pin head likes her game!

Thanks! She appreciates the thought.

Did you say you were involved in the company, or did I misread that?

2 months later
    #13 7 years ago
    Quoted from bentmatchstick:

Hey guys!
    I'm one of two of the makers of this project and I'm glad to report we are doing a relaunch to take care of some of the issues we encountered with our Beta test.
    The launcher is totally revised, for one. We're also launching three games that are predesigned that we are excited about.
    Here's the link to the new campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/974196497/pinbox-3000
    Our YouTube shows off a bunch of our games too.
    Love the pics here. and I'd be happy to share a few of our own custom games...

Those look great! Thanks for posting. What were the issues that you encountered in the Beta?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-pinbox-3000-pics-and-ideas?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.