image_(resized).png
mmmm_(resized).png
IMG_20160511_220518_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160511_220320_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
cad_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
DSCN4536_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Due to all the other MMr threads getting filled up with insert and other questions. (Guilty myseft too) I wanted a thread dedicated to just the Inserts. And to show what the actual differences are, if any.

Pics of the king of pain insert on my machine diffuser installed. If anyone else wants to post pics please do.

Build date on my machines cab Feb 2016. But the CPU build date says Jan.

Lights in the room on.IMG_20160503_222350_(resized).jpgIMG_20160503_222350_(resized).jpg

Lights in room offIMG_20160503_223110_(resized).jpgIMG_20160503_223110_(resized).jpg

And through a B+W filter to just show the light variation.IMG_20160503_224155_(resized).jpgIMG_20160503_224155_(resized).jpg

Insert lights offIMG_20160503_230318_(resized).jpgIMG_20160503_230318_(resized).jpg

The whole lower area, lights are n room on.IMG_20160429_155648333_(resized).jpgIMG_20160429_155648333_(resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's amazing any of you guys actually play any pinball. Seems like all I see is guys bitching about inserts. You've complained about inserts going on 18 months, the average male lives to be 78 years, so you just wasted 2% of your life. Good luck with that.

I'm not complaining or bitching about my Inserts. Like I said, if you read my initial post...I want to see actual pics to see if there is actually a difference.

Because I don't think mine have an issue but if someone can show me what all the "bitching" is about. I want to see this poor Insert print.

Or at least have a comparison.

What else are we going to talk about for MMr?
Besides some small issues that don't affect gameplay and a long wait for color. The game is perfect, and better than the original. And 19 years younger.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How many hours does it take you to earn $8000? I know I shouldn't be here but trolls are about!

Answer ...after tax 80

Here are pics of an original MM with leds behind the inserts, on and off. Pics from pinside MM page.
If you go to the MM page and look I can't see a difference. With leds it looks the same as some of my pics of MMr and some in other threads.

6de7ea8fdeef340a9c63ef52b0895dee1b4cc942_(resized).jpg6de7ea8fdeef340a9c63ef52b0895dee1b4cc942_(resized).jpg
29cc6f0eaecc40db99c6da6255ccb2bc00c16463_(resized).jpg29cc6f0eaecc40db99c6da6255ccb2bc00c16463_(resized).jpg
fb5d4dad8d86bd9bef3bd1f3712785a69a5f5b3d_(resized).jpgfb5d4dad8d86bd9bef3bd1f3712785a69a5f5b3d_(resized).jpg
4ec6a1a26c1007811ae844737cad34c9cc2c7fe2_(resized).jpg4ec6a1a26c1007811ae844737cad34c9cc2c7fe2_(resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wouldn't say perfect

Original MM with leds from pinside machine splash page.

IMG_20160505_221517_(resized).jpgIMG_20160505_221517_(resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Original MM did not come with LEDs.

Correct. But with them.(as seen in this pic from the Medieval madness splash page) They look the same as MMr inserts.

If I've noticed anything is the print on my shoot again insert looks better than the original. And the insert plastic itself on MMr is clearer, and the jewel pattern is nicer on MMr.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had cointaker super brites in mine, and the lettering was as dark as night. And that's all I have left to say on the subject.

Since you are an expert on this subject.
Pics with the Leds or it didn't happen.
This post is for pictures, showing proof.

So far nothing definitive. Diffuser or not. MM or MMr.

Otherwise MMr is Better. Because it's the same but clearer inserts, better jeweling on the inserts and NEW, and will eventually have nicer dots that you will NEVER get on MM.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just so much was promised,

And out of all the other threads, and pictures no real discernable differences can be seen
As even the originals had variants in text darkness in pics, so......

DELIVERED

#28 7 years ago

Here is my original MM (Keller restored).... WITH LED's

Well your "RESTORED" games inserts vs my "NEW" inserts I could go on and on but the ink varies on MM as much as MMR. But the inserts are clearer, have better jewling and look new because they are, on MMr

IMG_20160505_234210_(resized).jpgIMG_20160505_234210_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160505_233309_(resized).jpgIMG_20160505_233309_(resized).jpg

This is a shoot again insert off an original machine looks worse than my MMr IMG_20160505_233411_(resized).jpgIMG_20160505_233411_(resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago

This just proves my point. Who gives a fuc$.
I could search the internet and find some MM and MMr differences in every machine. By the day they were built what worker built them.
What machine did what.

The point is its the same Fuc%ing game, only new.

And here is my MMr. Looks pretty much the same as yours to me.
Other than my shooter lane isn't filled with wood filler.

IMG_20160506_241055708_(resized).jpgIMG_20160506_241055708_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160505_230911_(resized).jpgIMG_20160505_230911_(resized).jpg

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No, it does not. Not even close. There has never been a regular MM that looked even close to MMR in terms of ink transparency. I don't even know why you'd try to make something up like that... when has anyone ever complained of insert ink transparency on ANY original WMS game?

With Leds it's the same $%&+. Put a white led instead of red behind this and Poof! It's the same only MMr has a clearer insert.
MM

MMr

IMG_20160505_233411_(resized).jpgIMG_20160505_233411_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160505_235742_(resized).jpgIMG_20160505_235742_(resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago

Yikes it appears I struck a nerve! I didn't mean to upset you.

Not upset.
Just surprised how many times a MMr thread gets posts about which is better. They are the SAME, only one has new tech. And new stuff.

If you like the original that's great. If you like the remake that's great. Who gives a F$%& you have a MM to play.

But why try to prove which one is better?
There are tiny differences in every machine built.

The biggest difference in MM vs MMr is insert plastic jeweling clarity ( not ink) PCBs, and the display.

I started this post to see if someone would post an actual MMr pic that shows these so-called terrible inserts.

But after looking online there are variants in every MM be it MM or MMr. Insert ink included.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Both of those photos are awful, especially the top one. It's horribly out of focus, has light bloom and the contrast is wrong. Hell, the black on the playfield in the lower left is the same shade as the black on the insert. Is that the best you can come up with??

Well the first pic is blown up from pinsides splash so if you can get a pic of the shoot again insert with 3 white LEDs behind it. Exactly the same as MMr and compare it to my pic taken with a 24mpxl camera of the entire playfield zoomed in on the insert from my phone in the same lighting so we can compare. I would be happy to do better for you next time.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They already did months ago and are probably already tired of fighting a battle they can't hope to win. But I ask you, who's got the nicer Whirlwind?

Well you see, I noticed on the satellite dish art that you have 10 dots on the right of the beam. Well I hate to break this too you but it should be equal on both sides so your whirlwind has some issues.

Other playfields have much better artwork. Are you sure it's not a reproduction playfield?

You should totally just bail on whirlwind. And look for something else.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Look we get it. You started this thread to convince yourself there is no issue affecting your 8k purchase. I understand the motivation.
This is easier than going after the company or simply having to live with it.
Problem is the company THEMSELVES acknowledged the issue and promised a solution. After a month or so the "solution" was to dim the LED's with a sheet of plastic to minimize the poor printing on the inserts. The people stuck with the "lighter printed" inserts let out a collective groan at this half-assed solution but had to live with it. Most didn't want to threaten a lawsuit, test their CC return policy (as it took years to get the thing,etc)... they just wanted to get the SAME quality the earlier buyers got (what a concept).
You can't change the history. And simply proving that cameras don't photograph LED's well at all doesn't re-write history either.
It's not the end of the world. The effect can be minimized. I'd simply let it go at this point and we all learned a lot about the companies involved and their willingness to ship a PF that does not match their earlier production but "falls in the range of acceptance". Corporate weasel-speak to save themselves $$ from re-printing a batch of playfields.
The fact that they took all this bad press, came up with a somewhat ridiculous "solution" to save a buck, and now finally are STILL
shipping the same "bad" batch of PF's speaks volumes. It makes you wonder what they could rationalize in their next re-make. Remember that before MMr... we never even had the term "faded insert". I don't think this term was even in the pinball lexicon. Who could have predicted it? The earlier ones were done as well as the originals. Topdog will tell you that repeatedly
So I'd let it go... I wasn't going to say any more as my attempts to get people to demand the same product others got was just causing bad feelings. People can decide for themselves how pronounced the issue is and if it even bothers them.

Actually NO. I started this thread to see if anyone actually has proof that on some machines the ink is Bad. Even If my machine has it or not. I can't tell and I don't care, from what I have found looking on the internet at pick of MM I have a 2016 MMr.
With better jeweling and clearer inserts than the original.

The only people chiming in are original MM owners. Saying theirs is much better and the "weak ink, the weak ink". If it exists I want to see proof.

Because the "proof" I have seen is that original MM has variants in the ink as well.
And if the inserts were clear like MMr (which they are not)
The ink would seem to look exactly the same in the same lighting conditions.

#46 7 years ago

You crack me up!
1. You are accusing MM owners of exactly what you are guilty of (saying MMr is "better" than MM).
2. The clear inserts you are boasting about on your MMR make the translucent ink issue worse.
3. The fact that PPS has created the "diffuser" fix and is giving it out for free to owners is proof that they are admitting a problem exists.
4. None of this matters! Just enjoy your game, it is what it is.

I never said MMr was better. I said it had clearer inserts and "better" more pronounced jeweling on the inserts.
It seems people with MM have to justify how theirs is better. Because any post about MMr they have to say so. And take any comparison or criticism of MM vs MMr as a personal insult.

Show me proof that the ink on EVERY MM insert is EXACTLY the same (darkness). And that the Inserts on MM are clearer( more transparent) than MMr. And visual proof that the ink on MMr varies more than the originals do.

And you sir, will have won the internet.

#66 7 years ago

So I was looking at the Medieval Madness remake at Pinfest. And it's either a standard or a prototype because it had no number. And the inserts look exactly the same as the ones on my machine.

I also looked at the repro MM playfields with the original style inserts. And looking at them with the flashlight led on my phone the ink looks the same.
The only difference is the original inserts are less transparent. Basically factory frosted rather than clear.

So if anyone has an actual pic of the bad MMr ink. Please post it.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Here is an example of mine....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-production-run-mmr-owners-help-needed/page/5#post-2969406
Eight posts below that is another good example of lightly printed text, there were many examples posted a few months ago, if you had been keeping up with the subject then you would not have decided to post this thread now.

Is that the only insert that has an issue? Because some MM seem to have variants in insert ink as well. Yes I agree the one pic you have looks semi transparent. Are there pics with the lights off? the diffuser?

Thanks for the link. I did not follow because I was not in on MMr. I sold some pins and just bought one the beginning of April from my distributor. So I had no interest in the drama after early on reading about (coin mech gate) then recenty when I started reading all the original MM owners negativity about MMr.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It seems to me that MMR could've/should've cost the same as a Stern Pro right from the get go, as it was an existing design, well.. until they decided to redesign all the electronics. So my mind would not melt if we eventually saw remakes offered for about the same price as Stern Pros once all the hub-bub and excitement dies down, but who knows?

I semi agree. It should have cost the same as a stern pro. If a stern pro had a color led display. Williams locking service playfield mechs. Service rails A proper lockdown bar mech. Powder coated or stainless armor.
Really good clearcoat. Gold wireforms. And great molded interactive toys. Instead of flat printed plastics. And computer controlled leds and flashers in the backbox.

But then it wouldn't be the price of a pro now would it?

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Williams sold the game (with all that stuff) new for $3700 in 1997. That's $5500 in 2016 dollars (http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm). That price covered ALL development and production costs, including playfield design, music, voice actors, sounds, art, production and assembly.
For PPS/CGC, all the mechanical design for MM was done. All the game rules, code, art, music and sounds were already complete and paid for. All they had to do was develop a way to emulate the old boardset/code, order parts that were already designed, and put them together. Much easier than designing and building an entire pinball machine from scratch.
Despite all this, they still jacked the price up to 8K. How is it that you can take a game that WMS managed to design and produce from the ground up for $5500, and screw up the project so bad you have to charge $8000 to break even?
Or perhaps CGC/PPS is royally screwing their customers over, and doing so again and again each time they fail to address legitimate quality concerns? Each game sells for $2500 more than WMS charged, but they can't find a few bucks for coin mechs, or proper slingshot fixes, or even properly printed playfields.
Gonna be fun watching them flog game 2...

I think because in 1997 Pinball was in trouble. And back then you could actually get one for $2800 CDN. because they were just trying to get them out the door. And in 2015 if you wanted a used MM you would be paying $9000+ for one that needs restoration. Or $12000-15000 for a good one.
So $7995 for a brand new one that you get to take out of the box is a deal.

And a company never makes things to "break even" of course they are making a profit.
Probably about the same as they did in '97 maybe less. Remember PPS had to get CGC and, WMS and Stern involved to actually get them built. 3 companys taking a cut as well.

And in 1997 the minimum wage for workers was $5. In 2016 it's $10. So that means labour costs have doubled since 1997 as well.

And as you said they had to figure out a way to basically re-engineer the boards. And emulate the old PCBs and drivers.

Why do you think Stern raised Spike pins $500 from SAM.

And the whole coin mech thing was really just to save time so ones being built could be made to order, then shipped world wide. Rather than having to build and box them to specific countries currency.

But you don't have any interest in MMr or even have a MM listed in your collection. So why do you care about what the price is?

I didn't care. I wanted one so I bought one. And I am extremely happy with it. And hope we get more remakes. As some very collectable fun pins are priced way too high or too hard to find for sale to justify buying them used. So a new one at Stern's LE pricing is fine by me.

Also remember Stern has cut lockdown bar mech, service rails, latching playfield mechs multi clearcoat layers and other things from their pros to cut production costs.

#81 7 years ago

Mmr was on clearance and I could argue about the other points as well but it wouldn't get me anywhere.

No point in trying to discuss something with someone who has it out for MMr or its owners trying to have conversations and get facts. Even though they have no interest in it other than to complain about something they have no interest in.

Going to do something I rarely do, but you should do will all MMr threads as it obviously bothers you. As you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation.

Ignored.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Please don't make stuff up because you're frustrated. I bought MM NIB for about $3650 and they sold out. Later when indeed things weren't selling both NGG and CV went on closeout so I grabbed them for $1700 and $2100. Both titles got a lukewarm reception when they were released. NGG because of it's retro stylings (among other things) and CV because of all the initial ball hang ups and non-interruptible
animations. WMS later put out a plastic set to eliminate the problems and the code got a fantastic update that fixed the animations and added a wizard mode.
I know you probably weren't into pins way back then but don't make me rehash all this... makes me feel old.
Also Metallic was around back then also so he knows what he's talking about. He has no axe to grind with MMr... just companies that use shady tactics on 8k customers.
Go enjoy your game... you're lucky to have one 20 years later in any case.

Not making things up. And was buying vids since 1994. I was told by Canada's largest distributor MM went on clearance because no one here wanted pinball. I was also told this by a local op I deal with who has been in business since 1978. Maybe things were different here in Canada than the U.S. but I trust what I was told by them. I also was going to purchase one in 1997 and I know I would have paid around no $2800 but my parents did not want me spend that much or bring a Pinball machine into the house as I was still living there at the time. While going to college. At that time I had Black Tiger, ghosts n goblins. And a nes demo cab that took cartridges and worked on a timer.

I do enjoy my game. It seems like Metallic is just trolling MMr treads. As nothing is really added to the conversation. Other than changing the subject to suit his agenda. This thread was supposed to be about people posting insert pics.

So far out of all the posts one actual pic of the issue can be seen. But out of all the people complaining about it in the other threads we have yet to see more pics/proof. And most don't even own one or plan to. If it is so much of a rampant issue I would expect more.

So if you have proof. Post a pic of the issue or no issue and a pic of your LE# to prove your not just a troll.

But it's kind of too late. Because of stupid troll posts. Instead of keeping it civil and factual Most people will stay away now.

I don't blame them!

#85 7 years ago

Maybe you should do some more research on the subject, 90% of the negativity I have been reading is from MMr owners who are pissed about issues with their games.

Proof?

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

There has been plenty of proof already you are alone in your agenda of trying to raise doubt.

Not trying to raise doubt. My agenda is to find out how wide spread it really is.

If it as wide spread as people claim pics, more pics would be great to prove to PPS, CGC that something more than a diffuser is necessary.
Which they deemed unnecessary now. And also are now charging for.

And we already know false claims were made to PPS, CGC. Which is sad. I thought better of Pinball collectors.

So far The only real proof other than claims is the pics from your machine showing the insert issue. Not sure if more Inserts are like that on yours. But even if it is just that 1 insert on your machine because I haven't seen more. I hope CGC comes to their sences and send a replacement PF to your distributor for you.

Like I said pics of PF and LE # to remove the trolls. And any false claims, thats my agenda.

If I could lock a thread so only pics could be shown I would. Because allowing discussion on the matter only brings out trolls.

87 posts 1 pic of proof. Lots of trolling.

#90 7 years ago

Damn Autocorrect picking stuff for you!
Nice find. I won't edit it because you are probably right.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Does this thread serve a purpose? I'm more that happy to post pics of mine if that helps, but not sure where this is going?

It was trying to serve a purpose. By getting to the bottom of the insert issue and how widespread it was. But pinside trolls put a stop to that. I should have known better.

#95 7 years ago

Ok. My point is....

If you go to the PPS forum there are only 5 different people that posted there saying they have the bad ink. 1 person that actually posted a pic. The other 4 posters either did not post pics or removed pics or links to pics.

Now people are saying they are getting the bad ink again.

Post proof.

#123 7 years ago

I agree, if it only is a handful on machines are affected like PPS states on their forum. What aren't we seeing populated playfields shipped out to distributors? According to statements on the forum 20 or so. Before it was caught.
I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But it's hard to when so many people are saying they have the issue. But not much proof is out there to back it up, other than just people saying it's there. That's what this post was all about.

It's not like it's hard to remove the playfield on MMr it's only 1 ground and a couple of plugs.

I hope this is what eventually happens. But I won't hold my breath.

I am happily playing my MMr. That looks fine to me. But to anyone that has the ink problem I hope you get what you paid for eventually.

And hope that CGC and PPS have pride in their product and support it, and their customers properly.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

It is hard to capture inserts on an iPhone. The camera goes back and forth between accentuating the text or the light - which makes them look better or worse, depending on how the camera chooses to focus.
This is the best I could get, which is a little BETTER than it actually looks in person. But not by much.

Yeah I think the main issue with the castle inserts is actually the very clear speckled jeweled inserts they used compared to the original MM. It makes the light bounce all wierd.

I have been looking at tons of pics of MM playfields and comparing them to MMr and that is the biggest difference. And I was even looking at the repro ones at Pinfest to compare. However I have seen ink on MM that still lets a bit of light shine through when using LEDS. But it is mainly only noticeable on the round inserts on MM.

My MMr seemed to look close to yours. Maybe a bit darker, but I know pics are hard to judge and Leds photograph bad. I put the diffuser in mine and it made them darker.

On mine (at least) it made them look comparable to any original MM.

Either on mine they weren't bad and I just think they look better. Or they were and the diffuser fixed it.

Either way I'm happy with mine. But if a CGC ticket says you have the issue. I hope they start sending out populated playfields.

#126 7 years ago

Which one is original?

And which one is MMr?

IMG_20160511_220320_(resized).jpgIMG_20160511_220320_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160511_220518_(resized).jpgIMG_20160511_220518_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#166 7 years ago
Quoted from Savage_Restores:

Mine MMR LE is number 543, manufactured Nov 05 2015.
Both photos were taken with the same settings.
Camera Sony A7, Manual, ISO 400, 1/60 sec exposure, f 5.0
Before diffuser installed.

After diffuser

To be honest, it probably didn't need it on mine, the inserts were pretty good, but wanted to see how it looked with the diffuser.
Interestingly the insert for "The Duke of Burbon" seems a lot more yellow than the rest.
I've double checked this on the pinball itself and they all look the same.

It's more yellow on the one insert because the wrong leds were installed on the circuit board.
Warm white instead of cool white like the rest of the castle inserts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-mmr-insert-pics-here?tu=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.