image_(resized).png
mmmm_(resized).png
IMG_20160511_220518_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160511_220320_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
cad_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
DSCN4536_(resized).JPG

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago

Hey Guys I know what we can do take pics of our sports cars and then argue who has more horsepower and Chevy vs. Ford vs. Dodge.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Look we get it. You started this thread to convince yourself there is no issue affecting your 8k purchase. I understand the motivation.
This is easier than going after the company or simply having to live with it.
Problem is the company THEMSELVES acknowledged the issue and promised a solution. After a month or so the "solution" was to dim the LED's with a sheet of plastic to minimize the poor printing on the inserts. The people stuck with the "lighter printed" inserts let out a collective groan at this half-assed solution but had to live with it. Most didn't want to threaten a lawsuit, test their CC return policy (as it took years to get the thing,etc)... they just wanted to get the SAME quality the earlier buyers got (what a concept).
You can't change the history. And simply proving that cameras don't photograph LED's well at all doesn't re-write history either.
It's not the end of the world. The effect can be minimized. I'd simply let it go at this point and we all learned a lot about the companies involved and their willingness to ship a PF that does not match their earlier production but "falls in the range of acceptance". Corporate weasel-speak to save themselves $$ from re-printing a batch of playfields.
The fact that they took all this bad press, came up with a somewhat ridiculous "solution" to save a buck, and now finally are STILL
shipping the same "bad" batch of PF's speaks volumes. It makes you wonder what they could rationalize in their next re-make. Remember that before MMr... we never even had the term "faded insert". I don't think this term was even in the pinball lexicon. Who could have predicted it? The earlier ones were done as well as the originals. Topdog will tell you that repeatedly
So I'd let it go... I wasn't going to say any more as my attempts to get people to demand the same product others got was just causing bad feelings. People can decide for themselves how pronounced the issue is and if it even bothers them.

Great post.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Actually NO. I started this thread to see if anyone actually has proof that on some machines the ink is Bad. Even If my machine has it or not. I can't tell and I don't care, from what I have found looking on the internet at pick of MM I have a 2016 MMr.
With better jeweling and clearer inserts than the original.
The only people chiming in are original MM owners. Saying theirs is much better and the "weak ink, the weak ink". If it exists I want to see proof.
Because the "proof" I have seen is that original MM has variants in the ink as well.
And if the inserts were clear like MMr (which they are not)
The ink would seem to look exactly the same in the same lighting conditions.

You seem to want to make this "original vs repro". It's not. It's "earlier repro vs current repro".

After the sling issue was fixed people RAVED about the machine (myself included)... then came the bad batch of PF's and some unhappy owners...finally came the company's acknowledgment and THEN came the solution... the plastic sheet. Do a little digging and some research. It's no secret.

What truly bugs me is that they are STILL using the "bad" batch of PF's. In the unboxing thread the latest people to get the game said they still have the issue. I doubt if they would make this up and it may or may not bother them.

Just enjoy the game. It's a classic where everything just kind of "comes together". I'm happy it was re-made and even though the company's attitude towards a hiccup in the production really steams me - I realize I should let it go myself. I seemed to have entered "endless repeat mode" which I seem to do now and then

So enjoy the game my friend!

#54 7 years ago

Thanks. For everyone's sanity I'll try to quit writing the same post over and over.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Problem is the company THEMSELVES acknowledged the issue and promised a solution. After a month or so the "solution" was to dim the LED's with a sheet of plastic to minimize the poor printing on the inserts. The people stuck with the "lighter printed" inserts let out a collective groan at this half-assed solution but had to live with it.

This. Also, the "solution" will be a hard to clean dust magnet since you need to take off those boards again in order to get to it.
Insert fade could be a major devaluation factor in the used MMR market.

#56 7 years ago

What would really irk me is if the next batch of playfields they make don't exhibit this issue, leaving many people with the Standards in a much better position than current LE owners in terms of resale value and quality. I recall someone on PPS saying they were going to make some kind of adjustment to the ink process in the future. But since I believe they made 1500 playfields (can anyone confirm?), don't expect that improvement to happen for awhile.

From what I've read, I don't think anyone with the issue has actually attempted to get a new playfield. They just get the diffuser, install it, and feel the improvement is "good enough" to where they no longer worry about it. Although if it continues, I'd imagine someone who's more hot headed will inevitably attempt to pursue the issue much deeper. CGC has horrible customer service, but those who have been in contact with Doug, speak positively of their conversations. I wouldn't know.

If people started threatening to return their games or do chargebacks - then CGC might act more aggressively at providing a solution. Right now, their train of thought is: Okay, what is the cheapest and most convenient way we can "reduce" this problem? If that quiets people down, we don't need to do anything else. At the same time, those people with supposedly "perfect" MMRs are telling those affected by the issue to stop complaining. Realistically, complaining on a forum will not solve this problem. CGC needs to be made aware at how many people are frustrated over the issue - and I seriously doubt they're monitoring all of these threads.

From what I've seen, none of the inserts on MMR look spectacular. Some look acceptable - others look awful. I've only seen two original MMs in person with LEDs installed. Neither one of them exhibited these issues, despite PPS trying to convince us otherwise. But looking at some or the original pics, one looks amazing while the others look similar to what we're currently dealing with.

It's all very baffling.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

What would really irk me is if the next batch of playfields they make don't exhibit this issue, leaving many people with the Standards in a much better position than current LE owners in terms of resale value and quality. I recall someone on PPS saying they were going to make some kind of adjustment to the ink process in the future. But since I believe they made 1500 playfields (can anyone confirm?), don't expect that improvement to happen for awhile.
From what I've read, I don't think anyone with the issue has actually attempted to get a new playfield. They just get the diffuser, install it, and feel the improvement is "good enough" to where they no longer worry about it. Although if it continues, I'd imagine someone who's more hot headed will inevitably attempt to pursue the issue much deeper. CGC has horrible customer service, but those who have been in contact with Doug, speak positively of their conversations. I wouldn't know.
If people started threatening to return their games or do chargebacks - then CGC might act more aggressively at providing a solution. Right now, their train of thought is: Okay, what is the cheapest and most convenient way we can "reduce" this problem? If that quiets people down, we don't need to do anything else. At the same time, those people with supposedly "perfect" MMRs are telling those affected by the issue to stop complaining. Realistically, complaining on a forum will not solve this problem. CGC needs to be made aware at how many people are frustrated over the issue - and I seriously doubt they're monitoring all of these threads.
From what I've seen, none of the inserts on MMR look spectacular. Some look acceptable - others look awful. I've only seen two original MMs in person with LEDs installed. Neither one of them exhibited these issues, despite PPS trying to convince us otherwise. But looking at some or the original pics, one looks amazing while the others look similar to what we're currently dealing with.
It's all very baffling.

Just buy a standard. Swap playfields. Sell the standard.

#58 7 years ago

I went to a local distributor about 10 days ago to check out a MMr Standard. The inserts to my eyes looked excellent. I was specifically checking to see how the black ink looked over the white LED's and didn't see any fading or transparency that I could detect, and I was looking critically. I would have been very happy with that playfield. However I didn't ask if they had a diffuser installed on the machine or not. The game looked and played great.

#59 7 years ago

Well, they are apparently making LEs and Standards side by side now, so that shouldn't make a difference. But I am surprised they already shipped some out!

#60 7 years ago

If anyone is interested, I have a new MM play field that the inserts look bright and perfect and has been cleared by Chris Hutchins. It'll fix up any of your MMr's that you are unhappy about the inserts......I'll let it go for only $5000! I know that's WAY lower than I should sell it for, but I just want to help someone out.....and then use the money for a GB! Ok, I'll sit back and wait for the emails to start pouring in for it!....3...2...1.....

Brian

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from conester:

If anyone is interested, I have a new MM play field that the inserts look bright and perfect and has been cleared by Chris Hutchins. It'll fix up any of your MMr's that you are unhappy about the inserts......I'll let it go for only $5000! I know that's WAY lower than I should sell it for, but I just want to help someone out.....and then use the money for a GB! Ok, I'll sit back and wait for the emails to start pouring in for it!....3...2...1.....
Brian

That's very pricey when there's a whole bunch of Original MM for sale for $6-7000
Now!

#62 7 years ago

No idea what he is saying, but he's obviously doing some kind of insert comparison. And they both look pretty good if you ask me. Although after looking through his other videos, I think they're examples of his playfield restoration work - so that isn't really a fair example.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Topdog:

That's very pricey when there's a whole bunch of Original MM for sale for $6-7000
Now!

You are so full of it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/medieval-madness/market

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Topdog:

Now!

You mean that's how much more your LE is over a NIB MMr

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

» YouTube video
No idea what he is saying, but he's obviously doing some kind of insert comparison. And they both look pretty good if you ask me. Although after looking through his other videos, I think they're examples of his playfield restoration work - so that isn't really a fair example.

He's comparing his restored playfield (on the left) with an original playfield (on the right) regarding insert text opacity. He's basically saying that his restored playfield text is much more opaque than on the original.

#66 7 years ago

So I was looking at the Medieval Madness remake at Pinfest. And it's either a standard or a prototype because it had no number. And the inserts look exactly the same as the ones on my machine.

I also looked at the repro MM playfields with the original style inserts. And looking at them with the flashlight led on my phone the ink looks the same.
The only difference is the original inserts are less transparent. Basically factory frosted rather than clear.

So if anyone has an actual pic of the bad MMr ink. Please post it.

#67 7 years ago

Here is an example of mine....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-production-run-mmr-owners-help-needed/page/5#post-2969406

Eight posts below that is another good example of lightly printed text, there were many examples posted a few months ago, if you had been keeping up with the subject then you would not have decided to post this thread now.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Here is an example of mine....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-production-run-mmr-owners-help-needed/page/5#post-2969406
Eight posts below that is another good example of lightly printed text, there were many examples posted a few months ago, if you had been keeping up with the subject then you would not have decided to post this thread now.

Is that the only insert that has an issue? Because some MM seem to have variants in insert ink as well. Yes I agree the one pic you have looks semi transparent. Are there pics with the lights off? the diffuser?

Thanks for the link. I did not follow because I was not in on MMr. I sold some pins and just bought one the beginning of April from my distributor. So I had no interest in the drama after early on reading about (coin mech gate) then recenty when I started reading all the original MM owners negativity about MMr.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

So I had no interest in the drama after early on reading about (coin mech gate) then recenty when I started reading all the original MM owners negativity about MMr.

Maybe you should do some more research on the subject, 90% of the negativity I have been reading is from MMr owners who are pissed about issues with their games.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

90% of the negativity I have been reading is from MMr owners who are pissed about issues with their games.

And the other 10% negativity is the reality setting in that if their game has these issues, they are stuck with it because they are receiving 0% compensation and 0% replacement parts. Some got good ones and some didn't. And the company that made them hardly seems to give a damn.

Original MM owners could care less beyond the effort they are putting forth trying to help those that are getting screwed, but most are probably starting to wonder why bother.

#71 7 years ago

Can you imagine if CGC and PPS lowered the price on the machine in two years to $6995? Or even $5995 in 5 years?
What if MMr outsells the original MM?
Minds would melt.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from farberstyle:

Can you imagine if CGC and PPS lowered the price on the machine in two years to $6995? Or even $5995 in 5 years?

It seems to me that MMR could've/should've cost the same as a Stern Pro right from the get go, as it was an existing design, well.. until they decided to redesign all the electronics. So my mind would not melt if we eventually saw remakes offered for about the same price as Stern Pros once all the hub-bub and excitement dies down, but who knows?

#73 7 years ago

I finally played an MMR and but I didn't like the inserts as well and the flippers felt different. Other than that, it played very well. If I didn't have an original I wouldn't hesitate getting one. Once the color code comes out, it should look really nice.

The single PCB under the playfield would concern we. Time will tell if that will not be an issue. Hoping it's solid so I can get on for the next Remake. MB would be nice.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Topdog:

Now!

Oh, the irony....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-medieval-madness-mmr-le

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It seems to me that MMR could've/should've cost the same as a Stern Pro right from the get go, as it was an existing design, well.. until they decided to redesign all the electronics. So my mind would not melt if we eventually saw remakes offered for about the same price as Stern Pros once all the hub-bub and excitement dies down, but who knows?

I semi agree. It should have cost the same as a stern pro. If a stern pro had a color led display. Williams locking service playfield mechs. Service rails A proper lockdown bar mech. Powder coated or stainless armor.
Really good clearcoat. Gold wireforms. And great molded interactive toys. Instead of flat printed plastics. And computer controlled leds and flashers in the backbox.

But then it wouldn't be the price of a pro now would it?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I semi agree. It should have cost the same as a stern pro. If a stern pro had a color led display. Williams locking service playfield mechs. Service rails A proper lockdown bar mech. Powder coated or stainless armor.
Really good clearcoat. Gold wireforms. And great molded interactive toys.

Williams sold the game (with all that stuff) new for $3700 in 1997. That's $5500 in 2016 dollars (http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm). That price covered ALL development and production costs, including playfield design, music, voice actors, sounds, art, production and assembly.

For PPS/CGC, all the mechanical design for MM was done. All the game rules, code, art, music and sounds were already complete and paid for. All they had to do was develop a way to emulate the old boardset/code, order parts that were already designed, and put them together. Much easier than designing and building an entire pinball machine from scratch.

Despite all this, they still jacked the price up to 8K. How is it that you can take a game that WMS managed to design and produce from the ground up for $5500, and screw up the project so bad you have to charge $8000 to break even?

Or perhaps CGC/PPS is royally screwing their customers over, and doing so again and again each time they fail to address legitimate quality concerns? Each game sells for $2500 more than WMS charged, but they can't find a few bucks for coin mechs, or proper slingshot fixes, or even properly printed playfields.

Gonna be fun watching them flog game 2...

#77 7 years ago

One would think they'd resolve the issues with Game 1 before worrying about Game 2. Because you know when they announce Game 2 in June, MMR issues will be even less of a priority than they are now.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

One would think they'd resolve the issues with Game 1 before worrying about Game 2. Because you know when they announce Game 2 in June, MMR issues will be even less of a priority than they are now.

They may announce game 2 before June. On Pin a go-go website http://pinagogo.org/ They say "Did somebody say new games? Planetary Pinball producers of the new Medieval Madness Remake will be on hand and we hear tell they will have with them at least one of their new games!"
Now maybe that's the MMR standard?

I'll be at the show, can't wait. (for all the pins and other cool stuff)
I'm still waiting for my MMR LE, my guess is that game 2 will announce before I get my Black Trim LE.
PPS/CGC prove me wrong....

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Williams sold the game (with all that stuff) new for $3700 in 1997. That's $5500 in 2016 dollars (http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm). That price covered ALL development and production costs, including playfield design, music, voice actors, sounds, art, production and assembly.
For PPS/CGC, all the mechanical design for MM was done. All the game rules, code, art, music and sounds were already complete and paid for. All they had to do was develop a way to emulate the old boardset/code, order parts that were already designed, and put them together. Much easier than designing and building an entire pinball machine from scratch.
Despite all this, they still jacked the price up to 8K. How is it that you can take a game that WMS managed to design and produce from the ground up for $5500, and screw up the project so bad you have to charge $8000 to break even?
Or perhaps CGC/PPS is royally screwing their customers over, and doing so again and again each time they fail to address legitimate quality concerns? Each game sells for $2500 more than WMS charged, but they can't find a few bucks for coin mechs, or proper slingshot fixes, or even properly printed playfields.
Gonna be fun watching them flog game 2...

I think because in 1997 Pinball was in trouble. And back then you could actually get one for $2800 CDN. because they were just trying to get them out the door. And in 2015 if you wanted a used MM you would be paying $9000+ for one that needs restoration. Or $12000-15000 for a good one.
So $7995 for a brand new one that you get to take out of the box is a deal.

And a company never makes things to "break even" of course they are making a profit.
Probably about the same as they did in '97 maybe less. Remember PPS had to get CGC and, WMS and Stern involved to actually get them built. 3 companys taking a cut as well.

And in 1997 the minimum wage for workers was $5. In 2016 it's $10. So that means labour costs have doubled since 1997 as well.

And as you said they had to figure out a way to basically re-engineer the boards. And emulate the old PCBs and drivers.

Why do you think Stern raised Spike pins $500 from SAM.

And the whole coin mech thing was really just to save time so ones being built could be made to order, then shipped world wide. Rather than having to build and box them to specific countries currency.

But you don't have any interest in MMr or even have a MM listed in your collection. So why do you care about what the price is?

I didn't care. I wanted one so I bought one. And I am extremely happy with it. And hope we get more remakes. As some very collectable fun pins are priced way too high or too hard to find for sale to justify buying them used. So a new one at Stern's LE pricing is fine by me.

Also remember Stern has cut lockdown bar mech, service rails, latching playfield mechs multi clearcoat layers and other things from their pros to cut production costs.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I think because in 1997 Pinball was in trouble. And back then you could actually get one for $2800 CDN. because they were just trying to get them out the door.

Wrong... Medievals were never closed out; in fact they ended production with demand still present to try weaning people from closeout prices. Any under-3700 MMs were anomalies.

Quoted from erak:

And a company never makes things to "break even" of course they are making a profit.
Probably about the same as they did in '97 maybe less. Remember PPS had to get CGC and, WMS and Stern involved to actually get them built. 3 companys taking a cut as well.

So many hands in the till.. so you're getting screwed by three companies instead of one. Exactly how do you think they're making less profit at 8K with half the work done, vs 3.7K starting from scratch?

Quoted from erak:

And in 1997 the minimum wage for workers was $5. In 2016 it's $10. So that means labour costs have doubled since 1997 as well.

Completely irrelevant - this calculation is already covered by the inflation index cited above.

Quoted from erak:

And as you said they had to figure out a way to basically re-engineer the boards. And emulate the old PCBs and drivers.

Yep...they had ONE JOB to actually do. And they haven't even done this job completely... music volume isn't emulated properly, time/date errors, screen tearing, etc.... You want us to believe it cost them more to redesign some boards than it did Williams to design the entire game?

Quoted from erak:

Why do you think Stern raised Spike pins $500 from SAM.

Same reason PPS charged $8K for a remake. Because they could.

Quoted from erak:

And the whole coin mech thing was really just to save time so ones being built could be made to order, then shipped world wide. Rather than having to build and box them to specific countries currency.

Wow... I never thought anyone actually believed their bullshit excuse on this. Color me wrong.

#81 7 years ago

Mmr was on clearance and I could argue about the other points as well but it wouldn't get me anywhere.

No point in trying to discuss something with someone who has it out for MMr or its owners trying to have conversations and get facts. Even though they have no interest in it other than to complain about something they have no interest in.

Going to do something I rarely do, but you should do will all MMr threads as it obviously bothers you. As you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation.

Ignored.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Mmr was on clearance and I could argue about the other points as well but it wouldn't get me anywhere.
No point in trying to discuss something with someone who has it out for MMr or its owners trying to have conversations and get facts. Even though they have no interest in it other than to complain about something they have no interest in.
Going to do something I rarely do, but you should do will all MMr threads as it obviously bothers you. As you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation.
Ignored.

Please don't make stuff up because you're frustrated. I bought MM NIB for about $3650 and they sold out. Later when indeed things weren't selling both NGG and CV went on closeout so I grabbed them for $1700 and $2100. Both titles got a lukewarm reception when they were released. NGG because of it's retro stylings (among other things) and CV because of all the initial ball hang ups and non-interruptible
animations. WMS later put out a plastic set to eliminate the problems and the code got a fantastic update that fixed the animations and added a wizard mode.

I know you probably weren't into pins way back then but don't make me rehash all this... makes me feel old.

Also Metallic was around back then also so he knows what he's talking about. He has no axe to grind with MMr... just companies that use shady tactics on 8k customers.

Go enjoy your game... you're lucky to have one 20 years later in any case.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Please don't make stuff up because you're frustrated. I bought MM NIB for about $3650 and they sold out. Later when indeed things weren't selling both NGG and CV went on closeout so I grabbed them for $1700 and $2100. Both titles got a lukewarm reception when they were released.

Yep. The price on MM never really dropped.. ops wanted it instead of the abovementioned games (and CP and JY.. ). MM always earned well.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Please don't make stuff up because you're frustrated. I bought MM NIB for about $3650 and they sold out. Later when indeed things weren't selling both NGG and CV went on closeout so I grabbed them for $1700 and $2100. Both titles got a lukewarm reception when they were released. NGG because of it's retro stylings (among other things) and CV because of all the initial ball hang ups and non-interruptible
animations. WMS later put out a plastic set to eliminate the problems and the code got a fantastic update that fixed the animations and added a wizard mode.
I know you probably weren't into pins way back then but don't make me rehash all this... makes me feel old.
Also Metallic was around back then also so he knows what he's talking about. He has no axe to grind with MMr... just companies that use shady tactics on 8k customers.
Go enjoy your game... you're lucky to have one 20 years later in any case.

Not making things up. And was buying vids since 1994. I was told by Canada's largest distributor MM went on clearance because no one here wanted pinball. I was also told this by a local op I deal with who has been in business since 1978. Maybe things were different here in Canada than the U.S. but I trust what I was told by them. I also was going to purchase one in 1997 and I know I would have paid around no $2800 but my parents did not want me spend that much or bring a Pinball machine into the house as I was still living there at the time. While going to college. At that time I had Black Tiger, ghosts n goblins. And a nes demo cab that took cartridges and worked on a timer.

I do enjoy my game. It seems like Metallic is just trolling MMr treads. As nothing is really added to the conversation. Other than changing the subject to suit his agenda. This thread was supposed to be about people posting insert pics.

So far out of all the posts one actual pic of the issue can be seen. But out of all the people complaining about it in the other threads we have yet to see more pics/proof. And most don't even own one or plan to. If it is so much of a rampant issue I would expect more.

So if you have proof. Post a pic of the issue or no issue and a pic of your LE# to prove your not just a troll.

But it's kind of too late. Because of stupid troll posts. Instead of keeping it civil and factual Most people will stay away now.

I don't blame them!

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Maybe you should do some more research on the subject, 90% of the negativity I have been reading is from MMr owners who are pissed about issues with their games.

Proof?

#86 7 years ago

There has been plenty of proof already you are alone in your agenda of trying to raise doubt.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

There has been plenty of proof already you are alone in your agenda of trying to raise doubt.

Not trying to raise doubt. My agenda is to find out how wide spread it really is.

If it as wide spread as people claim pics, more pics would be great to prove to PPS, CGC that something more than a diffuser is necessary.
Which they deemed unnecessary now. And also are now charging for.

And we already know false claims were made to PPS, CGC. Which is sad. I thought better of Pinball collectors.

So far The only real proof other than claims is the pics from your machine showing the insert issue. Not sure if more Inserts are like that on yours. But even if it is just that 1 insert on your machine because I haven't seen more. I hope CGC comes to their sences and send a replacement PF to your distributor for you.

Like I said pics of PF and LE # to remove the trolls. And any false claims, thats my agenda.

If I could lock a thread so only pics could be shown I would. Because allowing discussion on the matter only brings out trolls.

87 posts 1 pic of proof. Lots of trolling.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Mmr was on clearance

Soon.

#89 7 years ago

Who said people were making false claims, CGC?

#90 7 years ago

Damn Autocorrect picking stuff for you!
Nice find. I won't edit it because you are probably right.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Who said people were making false claims, CGC?

or maybe PPS?

#92 7 years ago

Does this thread serve a purpose? I'm more that happy to post pics of mine if that helps, but not sure where this is going?

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Does this thread serve a purpose? I'm more that happy to post pics of mine if that helps, but not sure where this is going?

It was trying to serve a purpose. By getting to the bottom of the insert issue and how widespread it was. But pinside trolls put a stop to that. I should have known better.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

It was trying to serve a purpose. By getting to the bottom of the insert issue and how widespread it was. But pinside trolls put a stop to that. I should have known better.

People getting their MMr's months ago pointed out their inserts were semi-transparent - you apparently missed it. So to answer your final question - the issue started for customers months ago.

And the ONLY reason the bad ink is again being talked about is that the company is apparently STILL shipping PF's they know are substandard. We didn't know this until the guys that just recently got their machines reported it. Metallik didn't report this or myself... the customers that just got their machines posted about it. Think they are just making it up?

And I know you read these recent comments by the new owners - so they must be trolls too? In fact the only genuine troll was "Topgun" and happily he got booted. Ironically he was the only guy that claimed to have jet black text like the earlier MMr's (and every other machine in existence.)

If you got the "bad" inserts - be angry at the company. If you DIDN'T - why would you keep posting here and not be happily playing?

Damn you just got me to repeat the whole sad episode all over again... are you sure YOU'RE not the troll? lol 'Cuz you're sure getting your money's worth out of me

#95 7 years ago

Ok. My point is....

If you go to the PPS forum there are only 5 different people that posted there saying they have the bad ink. 1 person that actually posted a pic. The other 4 posters either did not post pics or removed pics or links to pics.

Now people are saying they are getting the bad ink again.

Post proof.

#96 7 years ago

Loads more than 5 people got thin ink on their playfield. I'm pretty certain all the UK ones are affected. All the ones I've seen have been as bad.

If it was only 5 people then I'm pretty certain CG would have considered sending out replacements. The fact they haven't is indicative of a problem that is more wide spread and therefore more expensive to rectify.

Personally I've not bothered taking a photo of my inserts, there's not much point they look the same as all the other thin ones. Maybe I should take a photo of the missing UK power leads instead

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Ok. My point is....
If you go to the PPS forum there are only 5 different people that posted there saying they have the bad ink. 1 person that actually posted a pic. The other 4 posters either did not post pics or removed pics or links to pics.
Now people are saying they are getting the bad ink again.
Post proof.

Its a two part problem:

People are too nice to complain and don't want to admit their $8000 isn't as nice as others

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Not making things up. And was buying vids since 1994. I was told by Canada's largest distributor MM went on clearance because no one here wanted pinball. I was also told this by a local op I deal with who has been in business since 1978. Maybe things were different here in Canada than the U.S. but I trust what I was told by them.

You're partially right, things were different up there. CAD$ was tanking and imports were getting very expensive. Your distributor was right about no one wanting (expensive) pinballs, but your $2800 figure is a joke. Based on that exchange rate, you would have paid around $4500 CAD for a new MM. No one was closing them out.

cad_(resized).pngcad_(resized).png

Quoted from erak:

I do enjoy my game. It seems like Metallic is just trolling MMr treads. As nothing is really added to the conversation. Other than changing the subject to suit his agenda. This thread was supposed to be about people posting insert pics.

Attack the messenger if you can't make a point, eh? Would you believe we were in on an MM, only pulling our deposit out at the last minute when we saw where CGC's priorities actually were. This game could have been so much better....

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Or PPS removed the links. Or is privately telling people to shut up and maybe they'll get something a little better than a crappy diffuser.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

All they had to do was develop a way to emulate the old boardset/code,

This was one of the biggest negatives for me when I first put money down on MMr. CGC was known for their video games that used original code, not emulated and they were much better than others that were emulated. Still wonder why they went this route instead of original code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-mmr-insert-pics-here/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.