Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Between these 3, who is your favorite?”

• George Carlin 13 votes
      59%
    • Eddie Murphy 2 votes
      9%
    • Richard Pryor 7 votes
      32%

(22 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51Og0D0hdHL._SX355_ (resized).jpg
    462f7b7c5aefbe11c3e18db45b36723b51edd2eb (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Please remember PG-13, so we can all laugh without getting in trouble.

Richard Pryor on someone speeding on his street: "hey fool, this is a neighborhood, this ain't no residential district".
    Steve Martin: "ok hey, grandpa bought a rubber".
    Eddie Murphy going on a date, putting cologne on and decides to also put some on down there. Burns like hell so he puts his stuff in the sink to try to wash it off. His Mom walks in: "you lazy boy, too sorry to take a shower so you just gonna wash your stuff in the sink".
    George Carlin had a lot of great material, I mostly remember A Place For My Stuff, but I can not remember it word for word.
    Rodney Carrington I think it was would go into the bedroom with a bottle of Tylenol, his wife would say "what are you doing fool, I don't have a headache". He would say "good, well lets f then".

#2 4 years ago

#3 4 years ago

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

Rick Wakeman’s speech when Yes was inducted to the R ‘n R hall of fame:

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

Rick Wakeman’s speech

I was not expecting that, but yeah, he was very funny.

Keep them coming!

#6 4 years ago

Carlin at Carnegie Hall and Eddie Murphy Raw.

#7 4 years ago

Brian Regan

#8 4 years ago

Bill Burr is my favorite these days.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Bill Burr is my favorite these days.

Yup. He and Dave Chappelle are miles ahead of anyone else I’ve seen recently.

#10 4 years ago

My wife just recently found Michael Mcintyre. Look him up on YouTube- very funny

#11 4 years ago

I've been listening/watching Schulz lately, VERY far from PG. Also really enjoy the Kill Tony show, Theo Von has some funny sets too and does a podcast or 2...

theandrewschulz.com

Kill Tony
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwzCMiicL-hBUzyjWiJaseg/videos

#12 4 years ago

Anthony Jeselnik and Kyle Kinane are killing it these days Definitely not PG-13.

As for PG-13, here is Larry Miller’s great “5 Stages of Drinking” bit. Excellent delivery. This is a classic.

#13 4 years ago

I personally prefer Ron White. He is definitely my favorite comedian..
    Jerry Clower is a close 2nd, but he has passed on.

#14 4 years ago

Who’s On First?

#16 4 years ago

Buddy Hackett elephant trunk dick

#17 4 years ago

English can be complicated and hard, as explained by Ismo. He's a pretty funny guy, love his stand-up comedy

#18 4 years ago

out of those 3 George by a long shot. I never thought eddie or richard had good stand up but their movies where pretty good.

The king of all is Dave Chappelle.

#19 4 years ago

Dave Attell's "Skanks for the Memories" is my all time favorite routine. The guys a genius.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kbKcT0yzaaGQrcWCH1A8B2eHww_S-R5sg

462f7b7c5aefbe11c3e18db45b36723b51edd2eb (resized).jpg462f7b7c5aefbe11c3e18db45b36723b51edd2eb (resized).jpg
    #20 4 years ago

Sam Kinison's "Louder than Hell" is my next favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn9rKK4B04oMLmaoN9lHyEJwFEIRbDSiR

51Og0D0hdHL._SX355_ (resized).jpg51Og0D0hdHL._SX355_ (resized).jpg
    #21 4 years ago

John Mulaney - "salt and pepper diner"
    Is a good one.

#22 4 years ago

Tim Slagle on how to teach your kids (or anyone) about the concept of Income Tax;

Later,
    EV

#23 4 years ago

I know out of favor now days, but Bill Cosby live was hysterical. the dentist and the chocolate cake routines are classics.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

I know out of favor now days, but Bill Cosby live was hysterical. the dentist and the chocolate cake routines are classics.

Bill Cosby Himself is such a crusher of a set. Holds up still and I've probably seen it 30+ times. Even edges out Eddiue Murphy Raw which falls apart a bit at the end.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

Rick Wakeman’s speech when Yes was inducted to the R ‘n R hall of fame

A better sounding video - not bad.

#26 4 years ago

Love me some Ron White!

Also Ralphie May's Smoking with Jesus.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ralphie May's Smoking with Jesus.

Ralphie, another one gone too soon.

#28 4 years ago

This guy was never dirty and he was hysterically funny! Enjoy!

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

This guy was never dirty and he was hysterically

John Pinette RIP

Why do many of these funny ones go early?!

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Why do many of these funny ones go early?!

Nothing to do with their eating and lack of exercise habits?

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Nothing to do with their eating and lack of exercise habits?

Hmm, much like Belushi, Candy... Mitch wasn't fluffy but had other indulgences as did the other two I just mentioned. The ole' ticker can only pump so much mud!

#32 4 years ago

For PG-13 I loved Matt Braunger - Shovel Fighter

For R-rated:
    Chris Rock - Bring The Pain (an absolute game-changer for standup)
    Dave Attel - Skanks for the Memories (his only great routine IMO but absolutely hilarious)
    Dave Chappelle - Killin' Them Softly
    Doug Stanhope - Deadbeat Hero
    Doug Stanhope - Beer Hall Putsch
    Dave Chappelle - Sticks and Stones

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Mitch Hedburg, RIP.

Escalator broken, temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience.

#34 4 years ago

Gary Gulman fan.

The States Abbreviations.

#35 4 years ago

i discovered mitch hedberg maybe 2 years before his death. he was up there with a young gallagher or carlin, such an interesting view on life.
    "if you have a reese's candy bar and you run into a reese, you better hand it over. i'm sorry reese, i did not think i would ever run into you. you're an effin bully man, let me have a piece!"

#36 4 years ago

I love Ron White but Doug Stanhope is my favorite.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I love Ron White

Everything Ron White ever did makes me laugh out loud, but I'll be damned if his squirrel man routine doesn't bring tears to my eyes.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Mitch Hedburg, RIP.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

i discovered mitch hedberg maybe 2 years before his death. he was up there with a young gallagher or carlin, such an interesting view on life.
    "if you have a reese's candy bar and you run into a reese, you better hand it over. i'm sorry reese, i did not think i would ever run into you. you're an effin bully man, let me have a piece!"

I came in here just to post Mitch Hedberg. All these ones listed so far are great no doubt, but this guy was on another level with his jokes. Just bask in the glory of this web page, I have never laughed so much at written words, some of these jokes are absurdly awesome.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoades/a-complete-ranking-of-almost-every-single-mitch-hedberg-joke

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Everything Ron White ever did makes me laugh out loud, but I'll be damned if his squirrel man routine doesn't bring tears to my eyes.

Listen to Doug Stanhope. Super foul but the funniest guy I've ever heard. Me and my wife couldn't stop laughing.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Listen to Doug Stanhope. Super foul but the funniest guy I've ever heard. Me and my wife couldn't stop laughing.

Doug is the best in the game today, hands down.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I came in here just to post Mitch Hedberg. All these ones listed so far are great no doubt, but this guy was on another level with his jokes. Just bask in the glory of this web page, I have never laughed so much at written words, some of these jokes are absurdly awesome.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoades/a-complete-ranking-of-almost-every-single-mitch-hedberg-joke

We don't need to bring ink and paper into this.

#43 4 years ago

Used to go to comedy clubs back in the 90’s.....saw a few before they made it big like Jeff Dunham. He was very good in a small club. Small club gigs are way better most of the time.

One of my favorites has to be Craig Shoemaker....his Love Master bit is hilarious...YouTube it if you have never seen it.

Ralphie May was by far one of the best I have seen. He came to Houston and had family/friends at the club and he literally did almost 3 hours of standup. FUNNY AS HELL! Sucks that he is gone.

#46 4 years ago

Steve Simeone - son of a fish (couldn't find a youtube clip)
    https://vocaroo.com/i/s1LU6nqnE40o

#47 4 years ago

Mitch Hedberg

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Mitch Hedberg

I can't tell you what hotel I'm stayin' in, but I can say that there are two trees involved. They said, "Let's call this hotel "Something...Tree", so they had a meeting; it...it was quite short. "How 'bout Tree?" "No, Double Tree." "Hell yeah! Meeting adjourned!"

#49 4 years ago

This dude is funny too....

#50 4 years ago

Sad that this beauty passed away as well. One of my absolute favourite routines. Patrice O’Neal: Elephant in the Room

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-favorite-stand-up-comedy-routines?hl=apinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.