4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dr-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

I can think of so many greats over the past 60 years and more but here's a bit of Aussie flavour. Tommy Emmanuel is just awesome in concert and so was his brother Phil too may he RIP

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

But do you really play? Owning a guitar for 40 years doesn’t count, old timer.

Well, educate yourself... You bring up “main stream” guitarist-
Just because you don’t hear someone on the radio or see him or her on MTV really has no bearing. I sense a great deal of ignorance for you.

We all know and most/love Jimi Hendrix but from a technical standpoint- Brian runs laps around him.. Not just technicality and playability, Buckethead is so versatile and fast it’s inhuman... It’s God like.

DUDE this isn't a popularity contest nor an "i know who's the best ever guitarist" contest. Music is and always will be in the eye (or more to the point ears) of the beholder and always subjective and personal. If someone doesn't agree with your choice then, that's cool, move on and find someone who does agree with your choices. Calling someone out cause they don't agree with what you like and making assumptions about their knowledge or lack of serves no purpose to anyone. Just enjoy what you like and wash yourself in great tunes, that's the core of music man!!!

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

I think Nuno Bettencourt is so underrated.

Was also once married to Suzi Demarchi who is totally awesome in concert!! Great Aussie band Baby Animals

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

David Gilmour by far

The thing about David is he makes such cool sounds without whippin' up a fret board frenzy and i will always remember seeing Floyd (sans Roger) in 88'. My bro, who is a moderately skilled guitar player, said to me after the gig "All that farken awesome guitar wailing and he has a fist full of sausages" a reference to the fact he hasn't got the usual thin guitar type fingers put kinda pudgy ones. The dudes gotta be in the top 5 i reckon...and he also plays a mean sax

#140 4 years ago

Someone who is also missing from the posts so far (i could just have bypassed it) is Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits, perhaps not a "guitar god" by some peoples standards but he is certainly gifted. For my mind, and others that have already mentioned in this thread, speed/dexterity of play is not the main criteria of a great player, it's the feel, the sound, the expression!! Mark is one of those players i think

1 week later
#159 4 years ago

Perhaps not legend status yet but i do really like this guys work. (Solo from about the 5 minute mark)

1 week later
#160 4 years ago

Another guy that is damn good, going to see him in concert within the next 24 hours , which will be the 4th time Well worth going to see/hear if you get the chance!!

#161 4 years ago

This guy is great with a few bourbons under the belt too

1 week later
#174 4 years ago

Shot this vid at the Joe Bonamassa gig just recently, unfortunately the camera was doing it's own 'thang' and had a few focus awols.

#175 4 years ago

And the other vid i shot at the JB concert

#176 4 years ago

For something a bit different, future guitar god? There's plenty of kids out there with amazing musical talent that seems far beyond their years that's for sure. This young lad hopefully has a bright future!!

1 month later
#187 4 years ago

Perhaps not as well known to you guys over the pond but to us Aussies, Mossy is a legend!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-favorite-guitar-god-performances-all-musical-genres-welcome?tu=Mancave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.