4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dr-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

There have been a lot of good music topics over the past few years which have introduced me to some great stuff, so I am hoping this will do the same.

Title says it all, post an epic guitar performance from any era, any genre, any playing style.

Gary Moore:

Roy Buchanan:

Glen Campbell & Roy Clark:

Kenny Burrell (music starts about 2:00):

Richard Lloyd & Tom Verlaine:

#2 4 years ago

Skip to 3:25.

Prince takes a solo on a stage full of superstars and proceeds to melt everyone's faces off. Then he throws his guitar straight up in the air and walks off the stage.

The guitar does not fall back down.

#3 4 years ago

Jump to the solo at the 21:23 mark. One of the most soulful and inspired solos I’ve heard in recent memory. Lost count of how many times I’ve watched it.

Ian Thornley and Big Wreck should be more popular than they are. New album out and can’t wait to see them in October here in chicago.

#4 4 years ago

Malmsteen

#5 4 years ago

Tony Iommi

#6 4 years ago

So many, here's a few

Joe Bonamassa

Lindsey Buckingham

Buck Dharma

#7 4 years ago

Having been to only 3 of his shows I can say with confindence. No one is quite like Buckethead. Each show was interesting to say the least- everything from the kungfu movies to giving away toys(mostly to the kids or some overly eager fans) to the nunchuck demonstration. Oh, and then you get to hear him play.... This guy is a true guitar god.

#8 4 years ago

The reason I picked up a guitar... still can't play it, 20 years later

#9 4 years ago

Kieth Richards
Symphony for The Devil
Get Your Ya Ya’s Out

#10 4 years ago

Mr Scary:

George Lynch is the reason I picked up a guitar and started playing. He uses Blues scales and adds flats and sharps to create his own style.

Like WinterMillennium, I still can't play either

#11 4 years ago

David Gilmour by far.

#12 4 years ago

I can think of so many greats over the past 60 years and more but here's a bit of Aussie flavour. Tommy Emmanuel is just awesome in concert and so was his brother Phil too may he RIP

#13 4 years ago

Anything by Joe Satriani:

Phil X:

#15 4 years ago

LTG : )

#16 4 years ago

#17 4 years ago

While we all know many of the legendary guitar players, here is a new guy who may someday fall into that category. Dovydas is a guitar playing YouTuber best know for listening to a song he's never heard before then arranging and improvising his own version. The guy is super humble (almost to a fault) and a just an overall joy to watch create.

#18 4 years ago

#20 4 years ago

Paul Leary

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Having been to only 3 of his shows I can say with confindence. No one is quite like Buckethead. Each show was interesting to say the least- everything from the kungfu movies to giving away toys(mostly to the kids or some overly eager fans) to the nunchuck demonstration. Oh, and then you get to hear him play.... This guy is a true guitar god.

He's not a guitar God. A fucking clown with gimmicks.

#22 4 years ago

Rick Emmett
Guitar solo at the 3 min mark.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

He's not a guitar God. A fucking clown with gimmicks.

The guitarists you mentioned are pretty good. But to say they are gods and Big B is a clown? Just doesn’t make any sense... and I also take it you don’t play an instrument, specifically-guitar/bass/banjo- which explains your attitude and lack of knowledge.

Sure, Brian is weird and his shows are unconventional to say the least- but to deny his speed and technical ability and emotion- you come off as close minded and idiotic.

Maybe you don’t enjoy his music? That’s fine.

Anyone who is top 10 in the world is a god in my book..

#24 4 years ago

Randy Rhodes

Eddie Van Halen

#25 4 years ago

Robert Smith never gets the recognition

#26 4 years ago

Mick Ronson

#27 4 years ago

One of my faves to ever pick up the guitar..

#28 4 years ago

Its funny but you can almost guess the age of a person posting by the guitarist they choose.

#29 4 years ago

#31 4 years ago

Been enjoying this guy on AGT. Marcin Patrzalek. Not a God or Legend, but certainly gets the most out of his accoustic guitar.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Skip to 3:25.
Prince takes a solo on a stage full of superstars and proceeds to melt everyone's faces off. Then he throws his guitar straight up in the air and walks off the stage.
The guitar does not fall back down.

I saw Prince about 7 or 8 years ago and he did this for 3 hours. His shows are so unpredictable, you never know what you’re gonna get, and this night he really felt like playing guitar. It was inctedible.

#34 4 years ago

Stevie Ray Vaughan would be the guy I would pick. I can't find the link right now but somewhere on the net these is a video of a sound check he was doing getting ready for a show and that "sound check" was better than most shows I have ever seen. Some people were just born to do something and his thing was to play music. Sad he died so young because he would have likely been the greatest of all time if he wasn't already at the time of his death.

#35 4 years ago

I love watching all the amazing talent that’s been posted in this thread. As a guitar player. it blows my mind how good most of these guys are. My personal guitar hero is more of a rhythm god that plays some gnarled riffs rather than solos. I prefer a Hiwatt cranked to 11 with crazy feedback. Cut to 3:30 for the reason I picked up the guitar.

#36 4 years ago

Love the Prince vid. Anybody out there heard of the Castillo bros? Here are a few vids. Their band is Del Castillo but had a side project with Robert Rodriguez which is a bit more mainstream. Chingon appears on the soundtrack of several Rodriguez films and most notably on Tarantino's Kill Bill soundtrack. Hope you like these:

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Stevie Ray Vaughan would be the guy I would pick. I can't find the link right now but somewhere on the net these is a video of a sound check he was doing getting ready for a show and that "sound check" was better than most shows I have ever seen. Some people were just born to do something and his thing was to play music. Sad he died so young because he would have likely been the greatest of all time if he wasn't already at the time of his death.

Me and some buddies snuck into his soundcheck at the Wisconsin state fair back in the 80’s and it was incredible. Until we got busted and booted haha.

#38 4 years ago

Jeff healey was very underrated and one of the best even if he wasn’t blind. The fact that he was just makes playing even scarier. The feel and emotion in is playing was Second to none. Here he is trading licks With SRV:

#41 4 years ago

Al, Paco, John. Oh Lord, these guys are on a different planet. I saw these guys in the 80s when I was in my full punk rock stage with mohawk and Doc Martens on. Fucking amazing.

#42 4 years ago

Stariway live..only the solo.

#43 4 years ago

Can you guys tell me how to post something from YouTube. The extent of my computing knowledge is posting on pinside. No Facebook or Twitter or other stuff for me. I’m a digital infant.

#45 4 years ago

Not a guitar, but I find this kind of stuff fascinating

#46 4 years ago

For all the AC/DC Thunderstruck pin fans out there:

RIP Malcolm

#47 4 years ago

this gentleman has to be mentioned as well..

#48 4 years ago

Bill Nelson

#49 4 years ago

This man loves his work.

#50 4 years ago

One of my favorites.

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-favorite-guitar-god-performances-all-musical-genres-welcome?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.