(Topic ID: 141779)

Post your Expo 2015 Thoughts Here.

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpeg
    Expo_2015_exhibitor_snip.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JeffA.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 8 years ago

Had a great time at my first expo. I think it struck a great balance of seminars, parties, free play, vendor representation, etc. Are there better examples of any one of these some place else? Maybe in some cases. But Expo pulled it all together. Loved being able to see, hear, and talk to so many of the folks that drive this industry and community. I agree with Kaneda that it lacked any huge earthshaking announcements which was in some ways disappointing (was hoping to see a RZ reveal). That said, having the GOT machines everywhere were great. I preferred to skip the lines and pump dollars into the charity machine in the hall. It played great and I'm sure will be a success.

And we got some smaller "reveals" from Heighway. I also was really impressed with Full Throttle. It's tough but the platform feels great. Really solid. Andrew struck me as extremely passionate and personable. Wish him and his company best of luck.

Hobbit looked incredible. Played a game and watched a few too. Still not sure how I feel about the gameplay, but it's the best looking and most visually immersive game out there imho. It has a shot at getting me to pull out my wallet.

Was nice to put my hands on a TBL finally. This has the potential to be an awesome machine. Doesn't seem like much has changed on the outside from what folks saw last year, though it's clear that they've made significant progress moving from a true prototype to a ready-for-production model. Putting several machines on site builds some confidence too and ensured that anyone who wanted to could get some flipper time.

And even though we didn't see RZ, we got some small hints and details there beyond what I had heard before.

For me, seems like we are about to see some quality competition in pinball production like hasn't occurred in decades. What a great time for pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JeffA.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-expo-2015-thoughts-here?tu=JeffA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.