(Topic ID: 141779)

Post your Expo 2015 Thoughts Here.

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpeg
    Expo_2015_exhibitor_snip.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider APB_Enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from anthony691:

As someone who came to Expo mostly to play some pinball, I'd much prefer machines in the game room be set to accept quarter drop:
    -more and higher quality machines
    -shorter lines
    -less abuse of the games
    -the kind folks that bring games might actually make enough to compensate them for the damage done to their machines
    -fewer people would abandon their games, etc.
    I know there might be some logistical hurdles, but if possible I think it'd be wayyy better.

This would likely require tax collection and licenses...

Andrew

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Hi Mike. Appreciate the effort for the expo.
    However I went along to the Weds night thing, and there was not many people there at all. Maybe 40? Poor old Trudeau was playing to an empty house. Heaps of food sitting there uneaten.
    Weds night
    I think you could drop this event and save some bucks.
    I also heard a suggestion that maybe the Saturday banquet could be moved to a Sunday afternoon luncheon, which would "wrap up" the event, and not close up the halls on Saturday. I thought that had some merit.
    Just my 2c worth.
    Cheers
    Dave

Odd, when I went it was hard to find a spot to sit. Don't drop this. Hot dogs were fun, but this is the real deal. The people bringing games and working to set them up really look forward to this event after game setup.

Andrew

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

For some context, people have been saying Expo is dying, sucks, or Pacak is a jerk since I started going in 1997, and probably for years before that as well. Yet it still keeps chugging along and it keeps being the biggest show by far.
    I think that when people say "it was better last year/the year before/etc." part of their opinion is based on them having experienced it a bunch of time so it gets less and less new each time. First time is amazing, second time is okay, third time is meh. Sort of like White Castle.

Come on now, White Castle was always Meh, at best...

Andrew

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

true, so the belief that it has a huge impact on expo is probably over stated (especially when some make their way back to expo). So, maybe it is, what, 10 games that have shifted?

I am guessing 10-20. I think there is a solution that includes enough games for both events with no issue.

Andrew

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Terry's party start because of a need? People wanted to play, but Expo's hall was closed on Fri. afternoon. Your Expo customers asked for it, you wouldn't give it to them, so Terry did. Then you accuse him of siphoning off Expo games and people? If you would have listened to what your customers were asking for, none of this would have happened.

It was, and still is, about customer appreciation from what Terry says. He can add details if he wants to. The show did not always land on Friday, it alternated for years. Friday is a good fit though...

Andrew

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider APB_Enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-expo-2015-thoughts-here?tu=APB_Enterprises and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.