• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Hypo (resized).png
20210524_083044 (resized).jpg
20210524_083052 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

I don't own the game but it sounds like you are trying to solve a problem that may not exist. Unless the flipper bat is taking damage to the point that you are replacing parts (other than the rubber) on a regular basis I don't think you need to alter your game.

Rubbers will wear and be hit (some much more than others). Order a few extra and change them more frequently as necessary. Think of it like oil in your car (more you drive the more you need to change it).

Drilling a non factory hole in your playfield to protect a 50 cent rubber seems like bringing a machine gun to a slap fight to me.

A post could create unintended consequences (change gameplay/flow in ways you don't realize at first). AT BEST you will swap frequently changing rubber on a flipper for a post.

Others that own the game may be able to chime in better to say if you have another issue going on? Misaligned flippers?

Lastly I'll mention if I was in the market for your game and I noticed you added two posts and drilled your playfield -- I would be a hard pass on the game unless it was priced insanely low. I'd wonder what other odd non-factory things were done with it and wouldn't want to buy it.

#11 2 years ago

I think you are overly worried about the damage the flipper is taking (especially given the flipper is fine other than the rubber which is a common wear part on any pinball machine) -- and in any event I'd sooner replace rubber than drill holes in my playfield and alter my game. Unless you are cracking flipper bats on a regular basis it isn't worth digging into any further other than aligning *all* the games flippers properly and moving on.

One question we are asking is whether your other flippers are aligned correctly. Do you have photos of them as well? That could influence the angle and frequency of this shot a bit.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigghauss:

I don't know if that makes any sense, and perhaps I'm over estimating the force. The fact that the new rubber already gave us some pieces, in my mind, makes me think there is quite a bit of impact force happening at that very tip, thus my concern. I tried to create an illustration below to show my concern.
Thanks.[quoted image]

You seem convinced you want to do this (which is fine - it is your game to do anything you please to). You are overestimating the force. By a lot. Plus I'm not sure if you have done a flipper rebuild but know that *worst case* a flipper bat is $4 and a bushing is less than $1. I can't imagine what else would break and even those would almost certainly not break more frequently.

Buy a pack of flipper rubbers and move on.

Best of luck with finding a solution you feel comfortable with.

3 weeks later
#38 2 years ago

Consider Titan silicone rings too...
https://www.titanpinball.com/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-to-protect-flipper-bat?tu=brainmegaphone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.