stern-code-st-steve-wherethecode.jpg
stern-code-star-trek-klingon-wheresthecode.jpg
003.JPG
004.JPG
image.jpg
image-502.jpg
image-240.jpg
CAM00024.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tktlwyr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 9 years ago

Super skill shot is inconsistent between Vengeance and Beta Quadrant ramp. This was a problem in the old code, too.

If you plunge for the super skill shot and the insert is flashing for you to shoot Vengeance for the super skill shot, you can hit multiple targets with Vengeance still flashing before hitting Vengeance and still be awarded the super skill shot.

If you plunge for the super skill shot and The Beta Quadrant ramp is lit for the shot, if you hit ANY target and then hit the Beta Quadrat ramp with the insert still flashing you will NOT be awarded the super skill shot.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I have had most of the bugs reported on my pro. I have also had the ball just autofire out of the shooter lane by itself.
I have timer and shoot with flippers off in settings. I have finished a mode or drained. And when the ball is waiting in the trough it has fired in play by itself. Without hitting punch it.
Happy to have the update but definately dissappointed in all the bugs/flaws considering how long of a wait the update took.
8 months to get a update.
2 games in to start noticing bugs.

Specifically, is it auto-firing on a new ball, when you're changing missions or both?

If you're changing missions, you have a limited time to choose your next mission before the ball will auto-launch from the Mission Start saucer or the shooter lane after hitting Away Team. This is by design and not a bug. It is unaffected by altering the timed or flipper launch in the adjustments menu.

#94 9 years ago

I've got to agree that quite a few postings are hardware related and not software bugs.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OK, for sh*ts and giggles I re-installed the old code. All my "hardware" issues are now gone. It's definitely not my hardware. May be for some but for my machine all my issues with the vengeance mag not grabbing the ball, multiple drop target hits at once, auto plunger going off randomly, etc were no longer there.
I did this for two reason.
1 - To hopefully quit the diversion of issues due to not everyone seeing them and it being blamed on hardware issues. Just way to many coincidences if you ask me thus why I had to try it.
2 - Give me an opportunity to re-install the new code. Did this and my issues came back.
it may be a combination but at this point, nobody can convince me that my issues are purely hardware related.

I'm wondering if your download might be corrupt? Have you tried re-download the code? Do you select to verify image before installing the software?

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I always knew it was the code,we know are games quite well and when things change we realize quickly

I agree that your Vengeance opto issue is definitely the code. I've had the same issues with the Vengeance magnet since updating the code.

Quoted from Kneissl:

There is no way the vengeance ball stuck on magnet problem is exclusively code. I had the problem bad in 1.4 and a physical change (twisted pair opto wires over magnet) fixed the problem.. it's still good on 1.5 code.. dunno what they changed in software, but it sounds like a tricky problem..

From when Stern posted the update availability on their Facebook page:

"New software that corrects earlier issues with optical switch timing and the magnet under the Vengeance has been implemented."

I didn't have an issue before and this part of the code has had changes. I'm pretty sure this is code related.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from astaroth:

Very strange bug just happened to me. Finished all klingon MB shots twice, where after usually you get the moving target, which seems to have gone in 1.5 but you can still see the moving klingon ship on the DMD. But instead you have the warp ramp led switched in. Before reaching the warp ramp, all of a sudden the flippers stopped working and the match sequence started! While the ball was still in the playfield.
Is the moving target really gone or did I hit it as soon as it started?

If this becomes problematic, clip the IDC connector off and replace with a trifurcon pinned Molex connector.

I do this on all my machines when the problem first manifests and have never had the problem return.

1 month later
#238 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, but with the old code, I had several instances where the ball would get stuck between the drop target and the clear plastic on top. The thing went crazy, and I thought the plastic was going to crack in two. I'll take the new code over that.

Two washers took care of that for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tktlwyr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-st-15-code-bugs-here?tu=tktlwyr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.