stern-code-st-steve-wherethecode.jpg
stern-code-star-trek-klingon-wheresthecode.jpg
003.JPG
004.JPG
image.jpg
image-502.jpg
image-240.jpg
CAM00024.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steve1515.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

So far I've noticed the following bugs...

1. Klingon MB laser doesn't turn off after the MB ends... (Same as mentioned above).

2. When you go into the Away Team as the final shot in a mission, the ball no longer auto plunges like it should. The auto plunge does come back eventually... maybe it's after the ball drains... not exactly sure.

3. When you get Galactic Lanes the Beam/Me/Up lights turn dark blue, but if you drain with the mission time low so that the next ball in the shooter lane starts a mission the lights stay dark blue. They should be back to the light blue since you aren't in the Galactic Lanes mode anymore. (It's confusing because when in Galactic Lanes mode you want the ball to roller over lit lanes and when you are in normal mode you want the ball to roll over unlit lanes to increase multiplier... So, if you see dark blue you are thinking hit the lit lanes, but it's actually acting like they are light blue.)

#10 9 years ago

It waits until you select the mission, but then it doesn't plunge. So, to answer your question... "It doesn't fire after hitting the button". I actually not 100% sure of the sequencing to get it to not work, but it has happened a couple of times on me already. I think it definitely has something to do with the new Away Team code.

Note: I also turned off auto plunge using the flipper buttons... I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

I also just found some more...
1. If you activate Nero's away team mode, the red matter lights turn purple. When you keep playing into the next mode, I noticed that they were still purple at times and then turned back to red like they should have been.

To me it looks like Stern just needs a little clean up code after all of the Away Team modes to reset all the games features back to the normal colors, etc.

2. In the config menu you have an option to reset the bonus multiplier at the start of each ball (Feature Setting #36). By default it's set to "No", but the multiplier resets anyway. I haven't changed the option because I like that it resets just like in the old code, but this looks like a bug since it is set to "No".

I also noticed a couple of items in the settings that need cleaning up like the mode timers. Some of the settings have the same labels, etc.

EDIT: Also not truly a bug, but going by other games...
Shouldn't the info menu show things like:
a. Current Warp
b. Warps Until Extra Ball & Double Scoring
c. Current Locked Balls
d. Number of Hits Before Next Vengeance Mode
e. Number of Super Ramps/Pops/Spinners Remaining
f. Current Multiplier
g. Number of Extra balls in queue

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Kevkat:

I think this is for resetting the shot multiplier you get for completing a level III mode, not the bonus multiplier.

Oh, Ok. If that's what it is then that one is ok. (I propose that Stern posts a list of what each item in the config does. )

And one more thing I noticed that I was hoping someone else could check on...
In attract mode on a Premium (and probably LE), take a look at the insignia multi-color led for the vengeance. It looks like it's blinking blue when it shouldn't be at times in the attract sequence. It's really hard to notice, just stare at it for a minute and you'll see it.

Either that or my LED board has something wrong with it. :p

EDIT:
Another possible bug is that shots to the vengeance when in a vengeance battle mode don't register if they are in rapid succession. I'm not sure if this is by design or not as it's always done this. It might be to prevent multiple triggers on slow ball rolling though.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Next time it happens, look to see if the super skill shot is lit at the warp ramp. The game may be encouraging you to short plunge and go for the SS shot. (or just more warp ramp shots)
Either way, I bet it's intentional. As a player, I just about always want to manually plunge on ST.

I'll take a look next time it happens, but I really think it's a bug because once it happens it's almost like it breaks the auto plunge from then on. And then randomly it comes back after a while.

For example, during normal play of a mode without out any special side modes, if you get it in the Away Team shot when Away Team isn't lit, you would expect it to auto plunge back into play. It's always done this and it still does. When the bug happens, doing this might not auto plunge. I'm pretty sure that was something that I saw happen, but I'll have to pay more attention next time.

#37 9 years ago

Yes, the skill shot problem has always been there. Also, if you don't take the skill shot by holding the left flipper button, then at any time when you get the ball back in the shooter lane (i.e. Take the Away Team, or start a multiball), then you can hold the left flipper button to light the skill shot. I kind of thought that this might have been intentional, but I'm not sure that it is.

What I like to do is take the right flipper button skill shot and to for the warp ramp. Then I'll take the left flipper button skill shot at any time during my ball for an additional 1million+ points.

#40 9 years ago

After playing some more tonight, I have found some more bugs...

1.) If you start the Galactic Away Team mode at the start of a multiball, the ball saver is cancelled even before all balls are plunged into play.

2.) I've had a couple of fast balls shot directly into the vengeance and due to the now slower drop target, they quickly bounce out and aren't caught therefore not crediting me with the lock, extra ball, etc. (This may be by design.)

3.) The auto plunge is definitely a bug... During multiball, I somehow managed to get two balls in the shooter lane and they were not plunged in. It was difficult plunging two balls manually, I had to wait till multiball was over to manually plunge them back in. I can't see this working well for tournament play.

4.) During vengeance level 3, I wasn't awarded an extra ball for completing it. I did notice that Lock was lit at the vengeance shot while I was playing this mode so I'm not sure that that had something to do with it or not.

5.) In connection with Bug #4 above, while playing vengeance level 3, the green lock light was lit at the vengeance shot. This is confusing as the lock isn't actually awarded until the mode is over.

6.) Quick hits to the vengeance in any vengance mode aren't registered. (This may be by design.)

7.) In vengeance level 1 (the multiball), after defeating the vengeance, if you get a ball in the center vengeance shot, it still kicks back. I'm not sure that that makes sense... You would think that if the vengeance is defeated, that it wouldn't fight back anymore.

8.) During play when a lot of things are going on, I've seen multiple occurrences of the drop target being up when it should be down. If you don't hit it, it eventually goes down almost as if the CPU is processing things in succession and it just hasn't gotten to dropping the target yet. (This may be by design as the CPU is not capable of handling all that is going on.)

I feel like I'm a product tester at Stern.

In all seriousness though... I'm pretty sure that Stern has released this code knowing it's in beta knowing full well that they are going to have to release a final version afterwards. I think Pinside kind of pushed them to do it.

Now, if that's not true and Stern released this thinking that it was good and done, it just blows my mind. Two people playing for about one hour each could easily find numerous bugs.

With that said, this is still an awesome game. Great job Steve Ritchie & team!

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My guess is they pushed it out for the long weekend, and to get it out ahead of the TWD announcement. X-Men got several quick bug fix releases, so hopefully ST sees the same kind of response. I like all the ideas once the problems are addressed!

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I really do love the game and the new features. I can't wait to see it with all the bugs taken care of. It's really is a great game.

#44 9 years ago

And the bug list continues...

1.) I don't know how this happened, but...
1a.) The center lock was lit.
1b.) The ball quickly went in the vengeance and came out faster than the drop could catch it.
1c.) The drop went back down.
1d.) The next shot the to vengeance went in slowly, but nothing happened... kind of like it was ignored.
1e.) The drop came up a shot time afterwards.
1f.) The ball hits the drop and it goes down.
1g.) Now things seem to be back to normal... The ball goes into the center shot and is captured by the drop for a lock.

Also, I'm noticing that the laser isn't staying on after Klingon MB anymore. Maybe it's something that goes away after awhile... Kind of like when one memory location get's overwritten incorrectly.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Is there any difference from the premium and LE download?

Good question. I just did a binary compare, and yes, they are identical.

#47 9 years ago

You can check that the file you are getting isn't corrupt (or at least is equal to mine).

Here are my checksums for the v1.50 Premium/LE zip file...
MD5: 1db9ade084c808b9a8e79fab11935a6e
SHA-1: c279dd89e91b8d971b7e82e520568c28cea3dec6
SHA-256: 1acaeac1fbac27f457ffa313ce1c491e06445074107e172d5373326b4ae7092f

Stern should really post these on their website as this is firmware. It's kind of standard practice, but oh well.

EDIT: If you need a tool to calculate hashes, this is a good one: http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

EB only on Vengeance 2, right?

You might be right on this one. It might not be a bug.

#61 9 years ago

An observation after playing today...
It looks like (at least from the one time it happened) when the ball is not auto plunged, I can push the fire button again to have it plunge. Strange...

EDIT: Some more thoughts... It seems that when you need to start a missing and the ball is in the shooter lane (via the Away Team), you can press the fire button to launch the ball while other animations are playing. When you get it in the mission start, you must wait for the other animations to finish. I like that you can quickly start the next mission, but maybe this is why the game is getting confused with the auto launch.

#138 9 years ago

One of the options in the config menu is to enable virtual locks. What does this actually do? Aren't all locks virtual in this game?

#139 9 years ago

I think I just found another bug...
I was in Vengeance Mode 2, my missing timed out and then the Vengeance mode timed out also. I didn't have Mission Start or Away Team lit, so I couldn't start a missing. I only had the two locks lit. I was forced to get two remaining locks in order to continue. I'm not sure that I've seen that before as I only had one ball locked before the bug. After the multiball ended, then both Away Team and Mission Start were lit and I could continue. I believe the mode that was running while I was in Vengeance Mode 2 was Prime Directive.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So does my Star Trek, manufactured in June. They must have started putting them in recently.

Can you take a picture. I'd like to see what they changed and if I have it.

1 week later
#190 9 years ago

Found another bug...
If the ball saver is on and you lose the ball. A new ball is put into the shooter lane and auto plunged. If the ball isn't properly kicked out of the trough (i.e. doesn't make it into the shooter lane) the auto plunger still fires. Eventually a ball is kicked out again and auto plunged.
I believe that the auto plunger shouldn't go off unless the shooter lane switch is closed.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I'm still having two problems, one consistent and one not:
1. Consistently the Vengeance drop target when hit once, will register 3 to 5 hits in quick succession. VERY bothersome.

2. Inconsistently, when I push start, the game will automatically select a mission. Most always it's Destroy the Drill. You cannot change the mission, but you do have to launch the ball. This happens once in about every 30 games.
Murphy

I had this same problem in the old code. This one is a hardware problem. You need a new opto board at the entrance of the vengeance. If you go into switch test and bang on the playfield or tap the opto with a plastic stick, you'll see that it will trip the switch. If you call Stern, they will send you a replacement under warranty.

#205 9 years ago

Another small bug report...

When you are on the final shot of the 6th level one mission, both mission start and away team are lit as if it will start another mission. But, they shouldn't be lit because the next mode is Kobayashi Maru multiball.

1 week later
#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

f I look into the trough, it looks like 2 balls are stacked in the chute.

You might want to check your ball jam opto and see if it's working. That might be the problem.

2 weeks later
#277 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This info comes from a man we like to call the king

I'm so excited!!! Now I have to go change my pants...

#282 9 years ago

I also had the Nero bug last night. No final shot was lit and then I basically had no way to start a mission the normal way. I had to light a lock and then after getting the lock it allowed me to start a mission.

1 month later
#401 9 years ago

I had a thought that would probably help with the problem of the ball getting stuck next to the lower pop. The first ball search should probably be changed to a quick pop of that lower pop bumper and only that before proceeding to a more extensive search for ball. Do you guys think this would make sense since that's the place the ball usually gets stuck? Or, am I missing something?

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I put a cliffy post next to that bumper and don't have an issue

Do you have the part number for the post you used?

#416 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

What you are all failing to see is that you are overlooking greatness. The ball hangs there because that's exactly where SR intended it to. He knew there would be a need to timeout the level one modes, so it was built into the design.

That SR... He is pure genius!

#419 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

there's a thread of all the tweaks for a new ST game, i thought putting a slice of felt pad on the bumper skirt was the best fix.

Thanks! I found these links: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-summary-of-fixes
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-getting-stuck-on-st

1 week later
#432 9 years ago

Just thought of something...
On the Premium & LE the left scoop has a diverter that makes it either a VUK or a kickout. I've only ever seen it VUK. Do you think the kickout will ever be implemented? Was this forgotten?

2 weeks later
#523 9 years ago

Looks like Stern has a Star Trek at CES. Anyone know if it has new code?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steve1515.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-st-15-code-bugs-here?tu=steve1515 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.