stern-code-st-steve-wherethecode.jpg
stern-code-star-trek-klingon-wheresthecode.jpg
003.JPG
004.JPG
image.jpg
image-502.jpg
image-240.jpg
CAM00024.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago

Sadly, the 2x shot multiplier for completing the third level of a mission still doesn't provide a 2x above a combo 2x. Based on playing it tonight, it does NOT work as it should. After spending two balls completing DTD 3, I was notified that my warp ram was 2x, but the warp ramp value I received from a L orbit to Warp combo was the same as the same comboed shot during a game where I hadn't completed all three levels of DTD.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Also, since the King himself is supposedly checking this thread: any chance we can get a "family mode?" We have a ST placed in a Childrens' hospital, ...500 games in just under 2 weeks.

That's awesome!!

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't know if the value has been increased

Oh yeah. It's been increased. Got it today, and was pleased with the pay-off. Definitely Picard it for your 2x value.

My biggest gripe is still that the 2x shot value from finishing a Level 3 Mission doesn't work correctly -- with or without a combo 2x in play.
Today, after DTD Level 3 finished, on the next ball, I shot a warp ramp straight up (no combo, no mode or anything else running) and it only scored 250K for the first shot.

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Another (very) minor bug: When completing all three levels of a mission, the DMD says '3 columns completed', while the call out says 'three in a row'. ...row vs column. ...too picky?

Does it say "3 columns completed" or simply "column completed?" Should be the latter, but I didn't pay attention to the dots. I'm fine with the call out remaining "three in a row."

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Oh yeah. It's been increased. Got it today, and was pleased with the pay-off. Definitely Picard it for your 2x value.
My biggest gripe is still that the 2x shot value from finishing a Level 3 Mission doesn't work correctly -- with or without a combo 2x in play.
Today, after DTD Level 3 finished, on the next ball, I shot a warp ramp straight up (no combo, no mode or anything else running) and it only scored 250K for the first shot.

Well, I guess I should read the code revision note from Steve Ritchie more thoroughly.... it says: <<“Drilling Down” a Mission through Tiers I, II, and III now awards “3 in a row” with new dots, and, the appropriate shot awards Double Score for the remainder of the game in all Missions and Wizard Modes. >>

To highlight the important part I missed: " ... all Missions and Wizard Modes." Not Super modes, warp ramp scoring (250K, 500K, 1M, 1M), or multiball scoring. Just Missions and Wizard Modes.

I don't know if I agree with that constraint, but can anyone confirm that the Mission shot and Wizard Mode shot values are indeed doubled for remainder of game??

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

400,000 starting points and only 5 thousand point increments on Galactic Lane shots?! The increments on the regular prime directive shots are WAY better (even though starting value is 100,000) and you can also combo the values for much higher points. Galactic Lanes needs to be worth more and have higher increments.
I have not played much of the other galactic modes, but since you are losing the ability to combo shots, the points better be darn well worth it or what's the point of going for it?
Rob

I'd suggest posts on Galactic modes/scoring use the separate thread on Galactic modes. The level of scoring isn't really a bug.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No, but the measly 5000 increment might be....
Rob

True. And by the way, I agree with your assessment of Galactic mode scoring -- outside of DTD and KB.

1 week later
#204 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Yep, on many of the level two missions you have a set time to complete a number of shots. If you don't complete all the shots in time, the change mission locks will lite up, and you can change mission. You can play another mission, or try to complete the one you were on.

This is correct, and not a bug. It's difficult to tell whether you've completed a Level 2 mission, or if you timed out of it if you're not familiar with the call-outs. The best indicator of completion comes with a final dots sequence that corresponds to the plot of that mission -- but you don't have time to look up and see it if the last shot of the mission unless that shot stops the ball (L scoop or Vengeance).

Your mission light in the triangle will turn SOLID when you complete the shots required on a Level 2 mission.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Another small bug report...
When you are on the final shot of the 6th level one mission, both mission start and away team are lit as if it will start another mission. But, they shouldn't be lit because the next mode is Kobayashi Maru multiball.

True. not sure if it's a "bug." Shooting it still completes the mode, and KM is lit. It's just giving you more options to finish out the mode, albeit bad ones.

1 week later
#221 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Found another bug, yet again with double scoring - had super pops for 120k per pop, got double scoring and my super pops were worth 200k ea. They should call it not quite double scoring...so many issues with the double scoring and 2X pf multipliers.
Finally got the DOUBLE SUPER JACKPOT! During Klingon multiball. Huge rush but quickly let down by seeing the value....3.6 mil and that was combo'd! That means the base value for this double super jackpot is ~1.8 mil? Are you kidding me!?! What gives Steve? Didn't think Lonnie was the one in charge of scoring; that double super JP should be minimum base value around ~10 mil at the LEAST, before multipliers and 'not quite' double scoring is active.
Ridiculous, xmen had the same scoring issues for the longest time. Is Lyman the only one who knows how to add, subtract, and multiply?
Sorry for the rant; it's just that STLE is such a bad ass game it's disheartening to see so many scoring issues nearly a year after release.

I could have sworn that a double super jackpot I got was in the 7's. But even so, it should be worth MORE THAN the Vengeance jackpot of 5M base score. It's much much harder to achieve.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just used our game for a tournament.
It would be nice if the bonus actually mattered in this game. It is so low that you may as well risk the tilt every time to save the ball, as you are losing nothing and possibly gaining everything.

So someone else figured this out.
I make it a point to tilt EVERY ball on ST. Which has thrown me for a loop with the Pro's new virtual kickback -- I have to pay Better attention to when I have it enabled. Lol.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Another bug? I notice is the inconsistent behaviour of flashing shots. I assume when they start blinking faster that means the mission timer is running out. However this doesn't always happen on tier 1 missions, or not on certain ones and yet it happens on tier 2 missions like Nero 2 where there is no timer. So what does the fast flashing inserts really mean then? Is this a bug?
I was playing Nero 2 and the shots went out for about 5 seconds, none were lit and then several came back on. We know this seems to be a bug
Sometimes the final shot can have more than 1 double score shot with unique lighting. Is this a bug or intentional?
I was playing nero 1 and shot the right orbit which was not lit. However I still got a lit shot points score for it. The insert lit up about 5 seconds later.
Rob
Stern, please don't make us wait months for bug fixes...

Yes, multiple people have reported Nero 2 has weird quirks.

AFAIK, yes, some missions have two final shots available for the double points.

2 weeks later
#283 9 years ago
Quoted from PinheadBE:

5°) When Black Hole awards "Super Pops are lit" or "Super Ramps are lit" or "Super Spinner is lit", it is not awarded in the facts: pops, ramps and spinner still score their normal values.

The Black Hole doesn't award those "Super" modes --- completing three in a row on the same level does this.

#310 9 years ago

Stern: level 2 Super Ramps can also get skipped if you don't play Kobayashi Maru first.

2 weeks later
#320 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Is it normal in Prime Directive 3 that if you drain the ball during play, the next ball in play, the first thing you have to do is shoot home\away?
Just Curious?

From my experience, I believe so.

1 month later
#510 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have noticed that a lot of these phantom opto switch issues happen to LE owners. I just checked the guy you replied to and it shows he has an LE. I have a pro built june 2014 and I have never had problems with the optos - including the warp ramp. I have had the rare occurance where the vengeance switch does not react quick enough, but I think that is a software issue with switches not getting enough priority.
Rob

Not just an LE issue. A Pro on location here was rewarding phantom warp ramps. Definitely an opto or switch issue. I think the warp champ on that pin is over 100. Lol

2 weeks later
#540 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not a bug, but what about a "save ball" also for the right outlane ?
ok, it will be unbalanced compare to PRE/LE, but who cares !?
and of course, only 1 lane active at the time, "saver" will moving from left to right as old pins, linked with bumpers and/or slingshots and/or spinner

Creative, but a bad idea in my humble opinion. It's already bad enough keeping track of when the L Outlane rescue is on because of the irregular flashing combined with it naturally going on/off with every flip.

Instead, a better improvement should have the Rescue standup insert flash quickly when it's enabled. Much better than current implementation.

#541 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We are still trying to figure out what causes it ourselves. It does not always occur.
But when it does the shots to complete the level will not be lit. You can shoot the ball around forever and they will not come back on. Sometimes they will come back on after a ball drain and sometimes after a ball drain they will blink back on for a second then go right back out after you plunge the ball.
We were playing a 3 player game every time that this happened. And we were all trying to do the scoring trick mentioned in the Star Trek Club thread of completing Nero 2 and then playing DTD.
On some games we all could not complete Nero 2 at all. On other games it worked just fine.
It is very frustrating when it happens though.

Please share link to the post for the Nero 2 - DTD scoring trick. I'm curious.

When the Nero 2 bug has happened to me, I got it resolve itself by cradling up for some duration. At least I think it worked, it's only been once or twice out of many Nero 2's.

1 week later
#575 9 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Actually if I were to play it in a tourney I would only try to get the left ramp doubler (Klingon) and just rely on combos to double the other multicolor shots.

Not to mention that KB3's ridiculously long timer makes completing KB3 a breeze.

KME: nice vid. It wasn't just your PD3 with absurd mode shot scores. Even your later level 1 mode shots seemed to have a starting base value of >1M instead of the typical paltry 100K range. What drives them up?

#583 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

PS : just read about SJ...

OK. I'm curious. Any link to post?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-st-15-code-bugs-here?tu=snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.