stern-code-st-steve-wherethecode.jpg
stern-code-star-trek-klingon-wheresthecode.jpg
003.JPG
004.JPG
image.jpg
image-502.jpg
image-240.jpg
CAM00024.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Pro - Galactic award callouts are inconsistent.

Agreed. They need to clearly state what the award is before plunging the ball back in.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I never had balls get stuck on vengeance mb before 1.5 and now they get stuck every time

Me too. At least almost every time. A shake gets them loose, and the third ball does release right away. My balls aren't magnetized, so I don't know what is going on. Similarly, this didn't happen until the code update.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have never had issues with the balls sticking on the magnet under the Vengeance. Now with the new code they're sticking and I have to shake them loose.

Me too. At least half the time. What could be causing this? Almost as if there is just a slight bit of residual magnetism, but I'm not sure if that makes sense . . . .

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I tried 2 layers of mylar and no luck,I shot the ball and when it got stuck I quickly turned off power and the ball relished Instantly and the optos check out fine in test.if I just break the first opto beam with my finger when the ball is on the mag it will fall off as it should so I think the first opto is not seeing the ball moving that fast trough the beam ,they need to fix this

I think the opto is seeing the ball because it releases a third ball, at least for me. The first two are just stuck on with some fairly weak magnetism that can be broken with a shake. One way to fix, possibly, is to fire the coil that kicks the balls out from under the Vengeance when it releases the third ball.

#116 9 years ago

There is definitely some residual magnetism associated with Vengeance MB. Sometimes I have the usual two balls stuck. But, this time, I just had a game where the second ball hit the ball on the magnet and bounced off. The ball on the magnet stayed on the magnet, but just barely. A third ball kicked into play. And hitting the Vengeance with the photon knocked the first ball off the magnet (similar to just shaking it loose). Very weird.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think someone said Iron Man VE has an improved connector? It's an annoying issue for sure.

So does my Star Trek, manufactured in June. They must have started putting them in recently.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Can you take a picture. I'd like to see what they changed and if I have it.

Here, check this thread out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-has-addressed-the-trough-opto-connector-issue

1 week later
#187 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think that's intentional. Think of it like the kobayashi Maru, a test designed for you to fail. So not knowing if you have a kickback or not makes the pressure build up more as you progress through the mode. I like it.

It seems like you shouldn't even be allowed to finish Kobayashi Maru without rewriting the code yourself. After all, that's what Kirk did.

3 weeks later
#237 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

+1
I never had this problem with the old code.

Yeah, but with the old code, I had several instances where the ball would get stuck between the drop target and the clear plastic on top. The thing went crazy, and I thought the plastic was going to crack in two. I'll take the new code over that.

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I never had that happen once with the old code. Perhaps it's different on the pro than the LE. I have the Pinbits plastic piece installed on mine, so it seems like it should be the same.

Interesting as I thought that was the issue they were trying to fix.

Quoted from tktlwyr:

Two washers took care of that for me.

I know the washers are supposed to help with the target resetting properly and not registering double hits, but I wouldn't think it would help with this issue. If the ball gets caught, the target can't raise enough to sit on the lip. Or maybe I'm missing something .....

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

mine cracked

That's what scares me. Did you get a new plastic from Stern? I should probably get the pinbits protectors, but I believe they are a pain to install, so I want to wait for my first shop job.

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

Didn't ask as it broke 6 months after purchase. Here in Europe we are told that you have to buy a whole plastic set if you have to replace one. I think I have to check pinbits.

I would contact Stern directly. You never know. They have good customer service. The part is cheap for them. Perhaps if you push gently and offer to pay for shipping. Worth a shot.

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

There was no ST at the Stern booth that I saw. Only TWD and Mustang. There is a STLE in the free play area, but I did not play it.

This is very disappointing.

2 weeks later
#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Not here I'm afraid.

No worries. If you were right again, that would just be spooky.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

Yes I guess completing all level 2 modes shouldn't qualify it at the vengeance shot. What's strange is that I've started Enterprise Amok under v1.5 by doing exactly that and under earlier versions doing that as well. However in a particular instance, what I remember was that when I completed all but two modes with L3 and then the remaining two modes getting L1 and L2, I got KM wizard mode, followed by 5YM wizard mode later when I completed L3 of those remaining two modes.
So what really must have happened is that I just forgot that I did EA right ? But somehow I did remember that I got KM and 5YM. Or maybe telling people that they're not doing something right isn't your strong suit. Right up there with predicting code drops I should imagine.

So, you are saying that you actually got to 5 Year Mission? I heard a legend about someone getting there once. But, he sold his soul and died instantly afterward, never to be seen again.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

Yes. If you cradle out the L1 modes and just hit the final shots to get them out of the way it's actually not as hard to get to you as you might think. I rarely get 5YM and I am not implying anything about this being a routine event. Now that L3 shot doublers are held from ball to ball as the default software setting, there is now huge incentive to complete L3s (and to cradle out L1s despite Galactic points) and so I would expect 5YM to become more frequent for players to get as they start to cradle out L1s to get to the held L3 doublers.

I need to spend more time going through the level 3 missions. Still, I have yet to get to EA. KM is fairly routine for me, but I can't progress that far beyond. I don't try to time out the missions. Even working my way through the level 3's, I'm still not sure I would ever complete Prime Directive 3, except by a fluke. But, that's just me -- I'm a fairly average player.

3 weeks later
#322 9 years ago

I just had an issue where during the start of Klingon MB, the familiar "What the hell was that?!" happened but none of the other sounds until it said "Klingon Multiball". This happened twice in one game.

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

As it stands, there is not enough incentive to go for the galactic modes.

If you mean making them more lucrative in terms of points, that is one goal. But, for me, it is more about the variety. I always go for Nero galactic mode. It is one of the more difficult to achieve because you only have 30 seconds. But, it is a lot of fun. It is the only time I consciously try to hit the red matter targets. Some of the other modes are fun too, like galactic lanes adds an incentive to keep nudging the ball to keep it up near the pops. Some galactic modes, though, are a bit less fun. Like Space Jump; you just hit the center drop target and you are done. I would like to see those modes bolstered a bit. For Space Jump, perhaps you need to make the left orbit, then the right (swerving out of the way of debris), then hit the drop. A simple thing like that could add so much more variety to the game and be relatively easy to program.

1 week later
#377 9 years ago

Fortunately, I'm not a good enough player to ever notice any of these bugs you guys are talking about.

What the heck is Enterprise Amok?!!!

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

Nokoro, if you complete all of the L2 modes you will light Enterprise Amok at the top center Vengeance Shot except under the buggy software conditions described above, and perhaps some others that have not been discovered yet. This is a multiball wizard mode where you build up the super jackpot value via switch hits. To collect the super jackpot you need to hit all of the lit arrow shots. There is a count down on the number of switch hits and when this count gets to zero a ball is added.

Thanks. I was just joking though. I know of the existence of EA. I just never think that I will get there.

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from SolarRide:

This my last non-bug post in this thread; cradle/time out the L1 modes by letting the timer get down to zero and then shoot an easy shot like the spinner or left ramp to finish off the L1 mode, and then every so often you can probably complete the L2 modes to light EA.

Thanks. I may break down and do that sometime. Up until now, I have been very resistant to timing out modes, just because it is no fun at home. (And, let's please not revive the debate about timing out modes. Ugh.)

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I know what you mean. Another way to add more balls is to set for an extra ball at four replay levels. At some point, though, exhaustion sets in. But I don't see how mere mortals would otherwise see everything the machine has to offer.

I have it light extra ball at 4 warps and give me an extra ball at 20 million points. So, effectively, I can get a 5 ball game if I am doing a decent job. Even so, I don't usually progress that far past KM wizard mode if that.

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Well I just hope the guys at Stern know there's a lot of non-bug related stuff which needs to be addressed too. Like instant info, or lack thereof.
Rob

And, I think the galactic away team modes need their own sounds and dots. I noticed this tonight when I was doing PD, got galactic lanes, and the characters were still running. Just seemed odd that they would still be running as if nothing happened. Didn't they know that I had sent others on an away team mission? Once you get a galactic mode, it should switch to a side mission with specific dots and sounds centered around the objective for that mode.

1 week later
#421 9 years ago

How do you get the uhura combo?

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Honestly I don't remember. I was just shooting combos outside of a mode and noticed I was getting the crew combos. I don't think they are worth anything, just a novelty factor.
Rob

I'm pretty sure I saw some bonus points for getting the Bones combo. I could be wrong though.

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I keep wondering how, or even if they are going to fix all of this?
Rob

They'll fix it. It is a very popular pin. They don't want to have unfinished code be the legacy that everyone is talking about with this one.

#494 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Amazing to me that people are selling this great game before it gets finished. The King just said a few weeks back that the code WILL BE FINISHED and that it will be the ONLY GAME IN HIS HOUSE.
That should be enough for anyone. It is for me.

Agreed.

I may be making this up, but I seem to recall that some of you are friends with SR on Facebook, is that right? Why not send him a friendly message just saying that as the weeks go by and it is getting closer to the holidays, people are getting anxious. Any news or words of reassurance he could give would be much appreciated. A nice holiday present!

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Star Trek is just funnererer.

I believe the correct term is "funnerest".

#500 9 years ago

Betterer than betterest.

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

And so did I. Just went back to my machine, played a few and found out that the combos champ wasn't me anymore, my girfriends name was there... 73 combos
Then I also saw that I wasn't warp champ anymore, my girlfriends name was there...56 warps....
she can play a decent game, OK..
For sure she didnt remove the glass and cheated, she wouldnt know how to do it. Is this another bug... or is she really that good?

That's not a bug. That's just damn good!

#507 9 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

It's a bug. I had it a few times that the pinball was counting warp ramp hits without me even hitting the ramp in a very fast, endless way. The voice was counting the warps constantly. But it happened just three times in the past few months.

Do you really think that is a software bug? Sounds more like a switch problem to me.

2 weeks later
#529 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I have been playing for about a week on my pro and have not noticed any obvious bugs. I don't get all the anger as if you cannot even play it.

Totally agree. The game is great. It could use a little extra polishing for some of the above average players, but it is by no means unplayable as some complain.

#531 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

When Nero 2 refuses to let you finish the mode or start another mode, I consider that unplayable.

I've played Nero 2 countless times and have never had that happen to me. When does that happen? I don't deny that it does, I'm just wondering if it is a very specific circumstance.

#543 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We are still trying to figure out what causes it ourselves. It does not always occur.
But when it does the shots to complete the level will not be lit. You can shoot the ball around forever and they will not come back on. Sometimes they will come back on after a ball drain and sometimes after a ball drain they will blink back on for a second then go right back out after you plunge the ball.
We were playing a 3 player game every time that this happened. And we were all trying to do the scoring trick mentioned in the Star Trek Club thread of completing Nero 2 and then playing DTD.
On some games we all could not complete Nero 2 at all. On other games it worked just fine.
It is very frustrating when it happens though.

Wow, I have never had that happen. It does sound like a code issue, but it must be pretty rare. Still, even if rare, I would be fairly upset if that ever happened to me (and especially if it happened multiple times). But a rare issue doesn't make a pin unplayable for me, just occasionally frustrating.

#554 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks for posting that. I was away at dinner.
We just played about 10 to 15 games tonight and had the Nero lockup happen twice.
We could never make it happen in single player game. ( At least not yet ).
Both times it happened in Two or Three player games with everyone playing Nero mode only.
We thought we had it down to Klingon Multiball During Nero 2, because both times the lockup occurred right after Multiball. But then we could never repeat the problem. I am determined to figure it out but it looks like it will take some time.

So it seems like the bug is tied to multiplayer games then, is that right? That would explain why I haven't noticed it. 90% of the time I play single player.

4 weeks later
#593 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Well, since Stern is working on the ST code now,

Do you have any further information, or just their general statement that someone posted in another thread that they are working on it?

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

We need some adjustment for the coil strength on the upper flipper. Mine has already bent the posts next to the warp ramp and I'm replacing the rubbers on the posts monthly. The airballs are pretty bad with the bent posts and I am ordering more from Pinballife. I'm thinking about using the larger diameter posts with the 1" rubber bumpers if the new ones get bent again quickly.

004.JPG 170 KB

003.JPG 189 KB

Get the superband minipost rubbers. That will at least stop those post rubbers from shredding. It is an absolute necessity for ST.

2 weeks later
#644 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just finished a game and noticed that with galactic spinner, there is nothing lit to indicate that is the shot to make.....
Rob

I'm pretty sure the shield emblem is lit for galactic spinner. But the one to the left of it for the scoop is lit as well. Not sure if that was intentional. Perhaps not.

1 week later
#661 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

How so. They alternate from multiball to KB. I don't know how you do it. But I shoot for flashing red arrows regardless of it's for MB or KB

Me too. Does it matter that much? Is there some strategy I'm missing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-st-15-code-bugs-here?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.