stern-code-st-steve-wherethecode.jpg
stern-code-star-trek-klingon-wheresthecode.jpg
003.JPG
004.JPG
image.jpg
image-502.jpg
image-240.jpg
CAM00024.jpg
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

and on the second levels after I completed objectives, then locked to change missions they weren't registering as completed. If I chose them again it still said "destroy the drill 2" for example.

Many of the 2nd level missions are timed. Are you SURE you finished the mission, or did it time out. If it timed out, you can restart that mission where you left off. You should see "x number of shots remaining".

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Many of the 2nd level missions are timed. Are you SURE you finished the mission, or did it time out. If it timed out, you can restart that mission where you left off. You should see "x number of shots remaining".

Thanks, thought I did finish about three of them...none staying lit. The change mission locks lit up and I was able to switch mission when I locked the ball. Maybe I just don't have aq good enough understanding of the rules. Ill have to find more time to play

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

The change mission locks lit up and I was able to switch mission when I locked the ball.

Yep, on many of the level two missions you have a set time to complete a number of shots. If you don't complete all the shots in time, the change mission locks will lite up, and you can change mission. You can play another mission, or try to complete the one you were on.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Yep, on many of the level two missions you have a set time to complete a number of shots. If you don't complete all the shots in time, the change mission locks will lite up, and you can change mission. You can play another mission, or try to complete the one you were on.

This is correct, and not a bug. It's difficult to tell whether you've completed a Level 2 mission, or if you timed out of it if you're not familiar with the call-outs. The best indicator of completion comes with a final dots sequence that corresponds to the plot of that mission -- but you don't have time to look up and see it if the last shot of the mission unless that shot stops the ball (L scoop or Vengeance).

Your mission light in the triangle will turn SOLID when you complete the shots required on a Level 2 mission.

#205 9 years ago

Another small bug report...

When you are on the final shot of the 6th level one mission, both mission start and away team are lit as if it will start another mission. But, they shouldn't be lit because the next mode is Kobayashi Maru multiball.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Another small bug report...
When you are on the final shot of the 6th level one mission, both mission start and away team are lit as if it will start another mission. But, they shouldn't be lit because the next mode is Kobayashi Maru multiball.

True. not sure if it's a "bug." Shooting it still completes the mode, and KM is lit. It's just giving you more options to finish out the mode, albeit bad ones.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Sometimes on the pro the AT shot is lit for a Galactic Event, I get the shot in and nothing happens, it just shoots it back out and the AT shot is still lit.

I get this as well sometimes. Also. Sometimes it goes down the left drain while the "T" is blinking meaning there is a ball rescue but nothing happens. Just ends the ball

#208 9 years ago

I tested my game tonight right up to 5 year mission and see some fine tuning needed.

- Prime Directive 3 initial animation plays way too fast.
- Some tier 2 and 3 mission animations seem to be missing sounds. For example, the end of Destroy the Drill 2 is a 5 second silent animation.
- Start of 5 Year Mission. Spock said "I defer to your decision. Since no mission of this length has been tried before I defer to your decision". He defers twice? Sounds illogical!
- Vengeance multiball 2 repeated some call outs.
- Vengeance 3 needs to be something better than what it currently is
- Galactic Vengeance ends the mission immediately?
- Klingon Multiball quote is no longer used? The kalis one is difficult to understand... Klingon something Kalis?

Rob

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

- Galactic Vengeance ends the mission immediately?

Rob

I like this! Adds diversity and strategy compared to other galactic modes. Plus, it fits the theme well with Kirk flying into the vengeance - one shot.

#210 9 years ago

I noticed last night during Space Jump that Spock said, "Captian, without your display compass, hitting your target destination is mathematically impossible". Shortly after this, there was a Sulu callout saying, "Use your display compass, Captain." This technically doesn't make any sense, since the first callout is meant to imply that the display is no longer functioning.

#211 9 years ago

Not a bug per say, but it would be nice if there was some way to differentiate the Klingon Battle mode shots from the Klingon MB shots.

When I'm trying to finish KB 3 and start MB, I'm a little more concerned with finishing KB 3 then hitting the shots for MB. Then again, I suppose if the MB shots were worth more I might not have this concern.

#212 9 years ago

Is anyone else having issues with the Coil under the Vengeance shooting the ball correctly? Its very similar to the kick back issue many had been having with timing/force when it does actually hit the ball.

Note: this is not an issue of it not hitting the rear sensor and getting far enough back to be hi

#213 9 years ago

Happened 2x last night
DTD. The away mission light was on. I deliberately got it in there. Didn't started the away mission. Ball shooter just shot the ball up and away mission light was still flashing

Before I thought maybe it was the switch. So I checked it and has always started a main mission so I don't think it's the switch

#214 9 years ago

I think I may have figured out the away mission bug. I thought it was a big vs the switch. But it happened a few more times tonight and once while trying to launch a mission. So checked the switch again. It is activating on ball roll over but I suspected that it may not always activate so I bent the metal tab together a bit more so it sticks up higher on the play field. When the ball rolls over it. It pushes down further on the switch. So far so good.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I think I may have figured out the away mission bug. I thought it was a big vs the switch. But it happened a few more times tonight and once while trying to launch a mission. So checked the switch again. It is activating on ball roll over but I suspected that it may not always activate so I bent the metal tab together a bit more so it sticks up higher on the play field. When the ball rolls over it. It pushes down further on the switch. So far so good.

One thing to know when adjusting micro switches on a pinball machine. There is always a bit of extra travel in the switch arm from the closed position to the point when the arm cannot move any more. Don't adjust the switch to the point where the ball is making the switch arm exceed its travel limit. Otherwise the switch arm will eventually fail and come off.

Rob

#216 9 years ago

Last night I had a situation where it announced "only one shot left" then "away team is lit". It should not do that.

#217 9 years ago

Some of the Admiral Stevens callouts are barely audible. I finished a game where I got a high score and combo champion. The callout for highscore was fine, but combo champion was barely noticeable.

Rob

#218 9 years ago

Found another bug, yet again with double scoring - had super pops for 120k per pop, got double scoring and my super pops were worth 200k ea. They should call it not quite double scoring...so many issues with the double scoring and 2X pf multipliers.

Finally got the DOUBLE SUPER JACKPOT! During Klingon multiball. Huge rush but quickly let down by seeing the value....3.6 mil and that was combo'd! That means the base value for this double super jackpot is ~1.8 mil? Are you kidding me!?! What gives Steve? Didn't think Lonnie was the one in charge of scoring; that double super JP should be minimum base value around ~10 mil at the LEAST, before multipliers and 'not quite' double scoring is active.

Ridiculous, xmen had the same scoring issues for the longest time. Is Lyman the only one who knows how to add, subtract, and multiply?

Sorry for the rant; it's just that STLE is such a bad ass game it's disheartening to see so many scoring issues nearly a year after release.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Finally got the DOUBLE SUPER JACKPOT! During Klingon multiball. Huge rush but quickly let down by seeing the value....3.6 mil and that was combo'd! That means the base value for this double super jackpot is ~1.8 mil? Are you kidding me!?! What gives Steve? Didn't think Lonnie was the one in charge of scoring; that double super JP should be minimum base value around ~10 mil at the LEAST, before multipliers and 'not quite' double scoring is active.

I agree that it should be worth way more. It's damn hard to get. I've only done it once. You gotta love that callout, though!

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree that it should be worth way more. It's damn hard to get. I've only done it once. You gotta love that callout, though!

Absolutely! Love all the call outs in Klingon multiball! Awesome mode aside from the final double sjp shot. One thing I love about pinball is having those games where once in a blue moon you get one of the most difficult tasks in the game and are awarded for doing so with a huge point value. The double super JP is one of those scenarios, it needs a scoring boost for its level of difficulty IMO.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Found another bug, yet again with double scoring - had super pops for 120k per pop, got double scoring and my super pops were worth 200k ea. They should call it not quite double scoring...so many issues with the double scoring and 2X pf multipliers.
Ridiculous, xmen had the same scoring issues for the longest time. Is Lyman the only one who knows how to add, subtract, and multiply?
Sorry for the rant; it's just that STLE is such a bad ass game it's disheartening to see so many scoring issues nearly a year after release.

I could have sworn that a double super jackpot I got was in the 7's. But even so, it should be worth MORE THAN the Vengeance jackpot of 5M base score. It's much much harder to achieve.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I could have sworn that a double super jackpot I got was in the 7's. But even so, it should be worth MORE THAN the Vengeance jackpot of 5M base score. It's much much harder to achieve.

Ans keep in mind that hitting the warp ramp (especially during MB) is much harder than the vengeance.

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I played one last game last night and got the double super again! This time it was worth 7.6 mil. I figured I had double scoring active since that's exactly double of my previous double super. But I couldn't tell if I had double scoring active since that's bugged too.

#224 9 years ago

I just ran into a bug possibly related to the autolaunch. I was playing "Destroy The Drill" and drained while the ball saver was active. The game tried to feed a ball into the shooter lane, but failed to do so. The autolaunch still fired and now the game is completely stuck with all the balls in the trough, 8 seconds left on the DTD timer and no ball search even happening. It's just sitting there doing nothing right now as I type this message. If I look into the trough, it looks like 2 balls are stacked in the chute.

So I just shook the game sideways quite a bit and a ball did feed. I think it's possible the balls in the trough are magnetized. I wonder if 3 were stacked in the feed column....

Rob

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just ran into a bug possibly related to the autolaunch. I was playing "Destroy The Drill" and drained while the ball saver was active. The game tried to feed a ball into the shooter lane, but failed to do so. The autolaunch still fired and now the game is completely stuck with all the balls in the trough, 8 seconds left on the DTD timer and no ball search even happening. It's just sitting there doing nothing right now as I type this message. If I look into the trough, it looks like 2 balls are stacked in the chute.
So I just shook the game sideways quite a bit and a ball did feed. I think it's possible the balls in the trough are magnetized. I wonder if 3 were stacked in the feed column....
Rob

I kinda had this happen to me. Where the machine couldn't figure out the ball count. Turned out that one of GI bulbs from the right kicker fell out and ended up in ball trough. The balls were slightly back a bit so the balls didn't make contact with the switch.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

f I look into the trough, it looks like 2 balls are stacked in the chute.

You might want to check your ball jam opto and see if it's working. That might be the problem.

#227 9 years ago

More bugs playing tonight:

Some quotes repeat during Vengeace 2.

Kirk "You're a murder!", 2 seconds later same callout
Then immediately after..
McCoy "Khan you bloodsucker, come get us!" twice in a row

I finished Vengeance 1 and as victory laps started about 3 torpedo lights were lit again. I 'punched it' and then they went off. These should not be lit during victory laps.

I had 2 balls launch out for vengeance 1 multiball in an earlier game. There should only be 1 launched as far as I know and you need to knock the other ball loose. Although I don't know what the reward is as the game is almost too liberal with add-a-ball(?) during multiball.

Rob

Rob

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

You might want to check your ball jam opto and see if it's working. That might be the problem.

I think it's magnetization of the balls that is part of the problem. Why doesn't Stern include a better ball in these games? The balls in my MET Premium would jam in the coffin lock because they were magnetized. That was after only a few games out of the box.

I'll check the opto switches too. Although there's quite a few issues with the ball search logic on Stern games. I can't see them fixing this now if they haven't after several years.

Rob

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

More bugs playing tonight:
Some quotes repeat during Vengeace 2.
Kirk "You're a murder!", 2 seconds later same callout
Then immediately after..
McCoy "Khan you bloodsucker, come get us!" twice in a row
I finished Vengeance 1 and as victory laps started about 3 torpedo lights were lit again. I 'punched it' and then they went off. These should not be lit during victory laps.
I had 2 balls launch out for vengeance 1 multiball in an earlier game. There should only be 1 launched as far as I know and you need to knock the other ball loose. Although I don't know what the reward is as the game is almost too liberal with add-a-ball(?) during multiball.
Rob
Rob

Agreed about the double quotes!

As for victory laps; the vengeance is one of the lap shots that can be made. It can either be shot with the ball or used with the punch it. If you make either, the photon weapons unlight until all victory laps are made then it relights granted you still have weapons.

To add to that, I would love to see a mini mode tied into victory laps that utilizes the punch it better than just awarding a vengeance shot. For example, if you were to have 3 weapon charges, you could press and hold the punch it then release (each secon depressed used one photon) once you release it fires a shot at the vengeance and all victory laps become worth 50k+ more for each torpedo launched and would last 5 secs per torpedo. So if you were to hold it for 3 seconds and discharge 3 weapons your victory laps would increase by 150k for 15 seconds.

#230 9 years ago

I'd like to see Stern slightly reduce the Vengeance drop target 'delay'. I know it was put into place to avoid air balls, but I've had more instances where a perfect direct shot bounces out before getting captured, than I used to have air balls.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I'd like to see Stern slightly reduce the Vengeance drop target 'delay'. I know it was put into place to avoid air balls, but I've had more instances where a perfect direct shot bounces out before getting captured, than I used to have air balls.

I've had this happen, but I think sometimes the game is too busy and misses that the shot has been made. Or it's just a problem with the opto switch timing... Just a guess...

Rob

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

've had this happen, but I think sometimes the game is too busy and misses that the shot has been made. Or it's just a problem with the opto switch timing... Just a guess...

I think it's because of this:

"- Raising the center drop target is postponed a bit to allow balls more time to pass over the target."

This is in the 1.50 readme, and I believe this is why it's happening to me now, but wasn't before 1.50. If they could slightly reduce this delay, I think it would help.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I think it's because of this:
"- Raising the center drop target is postponed a bit to allow balls more time to pass over the target."
This is in the 1.50 readme, and I believe this is why it's happening to me now, but wasn't before 1.50. If they could slightly reduce this delay, I think it would help.

The delay probably should be a game setting. Not every machine will be the same so having some of this stuff in the settings would be a good idea.

Rob

#234 9 years ago

Played tonight and noticed Klingon Battle 2 the shot counter doesn't reset after a ball drain. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug.

I'll also reiterate that with tier 2 and 3 missions that have timers, you can't tell if you completed it or failed it because the mission callout is the same.

Is it me, or is Vengeance 3 a copy of Vengeance 1 except it's not a multiball? I could swear the display and callouts are identical.

So many animations have no sound effects..... that's disappointing in a story driven game like this...

Rob

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One of the black hole awards is pop bumpers are 200k. Maybe that was taking precedent?
Although I could have sworn I've had the black hole award for pop bumpers at 200k and they were not scoring that. I'll have to try it again.

Rob

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

+1

I never had this problem with the old code.

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

+1
I never had this problem with the old code.

Yeah, but with the old code, I had several instances where the ball would get stuck between the drop target and the clear plastic on top. The thing went crazy, and I thought the plastic was going to crack in two. I'll take the new code over that.

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, but with the old code, I had several instances where the ball would get stuck between the drop target and the clear plastic on top. The thing went crazy, and I thought the plastic was going to crack in two. I'll take the new code over that.

Two washers took care of that for me.

#239 9 years ago

Havent read them all above but have put about 50-60 games in on the new code and had some time for the new code excitement and hype to wear off.

Tonight I got the "one shot remaining" callout then right after "galactic away team lit" callout.
Definately didnt make sence.

I have also had the ball shoot out of the shooter lane on its own before selecting a mission with the flippers about 3-4 times in the last 50 or so games. Not sure the exact circumstance that caused it.

Double callouts,
Lackluster callouts (not really a bug)
Missing sounds and callouts in modes ( unfinised not bug)

Magnet on vengence multiball let go of the captive ball before the timer had ended or been hit twice so far with around 6 seconds left on the timer since the new code.

Also about 3 times in the games I have played since new code 2 balls have launched out in vengence multiball right after eachother before hitting the ball on the magnet.

Rant:

Unfortunately this really disappoints considering the stern facebook Steve Richie posts that made it seem like this update was going to be "Awesome" and that bugs were noticed so soon after a 9 month timeframe until it was released.

I am actually embarrased for Stern at this point. It shows they really dont have it together programming wise.
Looking at all the past games with code problems or delays.

Definately good, far from perfect, and really far from awesome from a customers point of view.
I am willing to wait and get as a customer what I paid for and was promised.
Star Trek was my first NIB Stern. And after owning it for almost a year and getting what has come out so far has soured me on future purchases. Not Star Trek, just buying from Stern in the future.

CAM00024.jpgCAM00024.jpg

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, but with the old code, I had several instances where the ball would get stuck between the drop target and the clear plastic on top.

I never had that happen once with the old code. Perhaps it's different on the pro than the LE. I have the Pinbits plastic piece installed on mine, so it seems like it should be the same.

#241 9 years ago

Just used our game for a tournament.
It would be nice if the bonus actually mattered in this game. It is so low that you may as well risk the tilt every time to save the ball, as you are losing nothing and possibly gaining everything.

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I have also had the ball shoot out of the shooter lane on its own before selecting a mission with the flippers about 3-4 times in the last 50 or so games. Not sure the exact circumstance that caused it.

There is a setting that launches the ball when both flippers are pressed. You are probably triggering this even with flipping left/right quickly.

Quoted from erak:

Double callouts,

This doesn't always happen, but I have encountered it. There's actually a few callouts in the game that are not from the movie, karl or steve. I think it's Save The Enterprise uses one of the callouts, it might be one of the programmers. There's many more in the rom and most of them are awful.

Quoted from erak:

Also about 3 times in the games I have played since new code 2 balls have launched out in vengence multiball right after eachother before hitting the ball on the magnet.

Yep, I've had this happen once too. It could be related to the autolaunch bugs or balls being magnetized in the ball trough. The game might be thinking it didn't launch a ball so it serves up another.

Quoted from erak:

Unfortunately this really disappoints considering the stern facebook Steve Richie posts that made it seem like this update was going to be "Awesome" and that bugs were noticed so soon after a 9 month timeframe until it was released.

I am actually embarrased for Stern at this point. It shows they really dont have it together programming wise.

It's not the programmers fault as much as it's the guy with Stern as the last name. I would hope that with Gomez in a higher up position that he might have more common sense than Gary Stern seems to have. We have no idea what goes on behind closed doors, but there's enough public dirt out there to know that game updates relied on the selfless passion of the programmers, not the 'kindness' of the higher ups (Gary Stern). We always hope things change for the better.

Rob

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just used our game for a tournament.
It would be nice if the bonus actually mattered in this game. It is so low that you may as well risk the tilt every time to save the ball, as you are losing nothing and possibly gaining everything.

So someone else figured this out.
I make it a point to tilt EVERY ball on ST. Which has thrown me for a loop with the Pro's new virtual kickback -- I have to pay Better attention to when I have it enabled. Lol.

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I never had that happen once with the old code. Perhaps it's different on the pro than the LE. I have the Pinbits plastic piece installed on mine, so it seems like it should be the same.

Interesting as I thought that was the issue they were trying to fix.

Quoted from tktlwyr:

Two washers took care of that for me.

I know the washers are supposed to help with the target resetting properly and not registering double hits, but I wouldn't think it would help with this issue. If the ball gets caught, the target can't raise enough to sit on the lip. Or maybe I'm missing something .....

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There is a setting that launches the ball when both flippers are pressed. You are probably triggering this even with flipping left/right quickly

I have launch with flippers turned off as well as timed launch off in settings. So there is another issue that is causing this.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I have launch with flippers turned off as well as timed launch off in settings. So there is another issue that is causing this.

I have never had this happen. I wonder if you have a flakey (opto) switch somewhere? I would suggest going into test mode, flipping the flippers and see if there is an intermittent switch somewhere.
This game sure seems to have issues with opto switches.

Rob

#247 9 years ago

I just hope they fix the scoring issues and soon! Got STE galactic warps with DTD 3 in a row 2X warp. And my galactic warp rewards...same as if I combo'd it. Oh and double scoring didn't help much either. A lot of work for cool features in the game that don't work

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I just hope they fix the scoring issues and soon! Got STE galactic warps with DTD 3 in a row 2X warp. And my galactic warp rewards...same as if I combo'd it. Oh and double scoring didn't help much either. A lot of work for cool features in the game that don't work

I hope they put more info in the 'instant info' too.

Rob

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This game sure seems to have issues with opto switches.

The front opto on the vengeance stopped working on day 2 after we unboxed our game.
Made the game totally unplayable as every time a game started the vengeance thought it was getting hit over and over again. (This was of course the night before our tournament).
Had to remove the entire emitter opto on the right side by the pops and re-flow the solder under the opto.
Just getting to the screw that held the board in place was a major pain in the ass. Had to improvise and L shaped screwdriver by putting a small phillips head in a vice grip.
Works great now, but what a bummer that was.

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

One of the black hole awards is pop bumpers are 200k. Maybe that was taking precedent?
Although I could have sworn I've had the black hole award for pop bumpers at 200k and they were not scoring that. I'll have to try it again.
Rob

I have never seen that the bumpers are at 200k defintiv a bug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-st-15-code-bugs-here/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.