stern-code-st-steve-wherethecode.jpg
stern-code-star-trek-klingon-wheresthecode.jpg
003.JPG
004.JPG
image.jpg
image-502.jpg
image-240.jpg
CAM00024.jpg
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd love to see at the very least a bug update that fixes the timing of the drop target during certain scenarios, double scoring - scoring fixes, 2X pf scoring fixes, and whatever other bugs that are out there. And maybe some polish to galactic call outs and the transition of missions into those galactic modes. Oh and some scoring boosts for galactic modes to make them more enticing. Oh, and add the apron lights into the game. Oh, and asteroid flashers........... Holy shit stern, Star Trek needs some attention!!!! So many programmers and you can't send one over to fix this shit, WTF!?! JJP is looking more and more like the right company to support. Keefer = keeper!

I own an LE, and thinking about trading it for a Twilight Zone.
A local store buys used pins, and applies value to TZ.
I am going to take a bath on this pin.
Sell it now before value starts to really plummet.
Pins in the 90s are the best.

#452 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

When Captain Kirk was going off that there would be an update around Halloween and guarenteed it I figured he was full of crap and stated there probably wouldn't be an update till Christmas, now that the time has come I afraid it could be much longer for one.

The code was being worked on after the 1.5 release, but the programmers got pulled off before anything resembling an update could be released.

You'll get over the delay. One day you look back and say, "Eh, that wasn't so bad".

#453 9 years ago

I'm wearing thin... If someone offers up a couple decent 80s/90s pins I might bail on this waiting game.

#454 9 years ago

We should send Stern fruitcake for the lack of code.
If everyone on here sent them fruitcake, they might get the message.
image-502.jpgimage-502.jpg

#455 9 years ago

Fruitcake = Value of their customer service

#456 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The code was being worked on after the 1.5 release, but the programmers got pulled off before anything resembling an update could be released.
You'll get over the delay. One day you look back and say, "Eh, that wasn't so bad".

Nope, they have lost me as a customer, will I still buy their machines, likely... But they will not be NIB anymore, I will go to the used market and even if I have to pay a little more so be it, Stern will not get my money again... Even for a dream theme like Stars Wars if they get it...

#457 9 years ago

Nope sorry, full heartedly disagree. If they posted something on Facebook that they're aware of the issues and will be addressing star treks issues then Ya, I have no problem waiting. But, Steve Ritchie said months ago that he and the team are aware of the bugs and are working hard to get those bugs ironed out. Now we're hearing from multiple sources that they're programmers have been pulled from the project!!??!! Wtf? We had no problem waiting before when we were given reason to believe they were working on it, now you want us to be patient with the code now that they're NOT working on it? It don't add up.

All we want is some solid concrete communication from stern stating that they're aware of the issues and it will be rectified (sooner than later), then I'm sure most of us would be humble, patient, and enjoy our holiday knowing that stern cares about the customers that feed them.

#458 9 years ago

With the shit ton of downer pinball news coming out this month ST owners could use a little reassurance.

#459 9 years ago

Bought my STLE upon release and it sits in my game room with less than 70 plays. Sure "looks" pretty though.

#460 9 years ago

Isn't the worst bug the one where in level 2 mode, often the lit targets dissapear so it becomes impossible to complete the selected level?

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Isn't the worst bug the one where in level 2 mode, often the lit targets dissapear so it becomes impossible to complete the selected level?

This one is sort of fixed I think? What youre referring to is Nero 2. The mission starts with 3 romalins which represet 3 sets of shots (left vuk/left orbit - left ramp/center drop - right ramp/right orbit). A shot to either set is an awarded shot and the dmd shows kirk or spock shoot that romalin. That set is then unlit for a certain period of time. If you shoot all 3 sets quickly, then all will be unlit for approx. 5 secs. If a set of shots is unlit for I think 5-10 secs a new romalin shows up in his place and the shot is lit again.

So if you do hit all 3 sets quickly there will be a period of no shots lit; this is usually where I focus on building my warps or stack a mb if I need to. It would be nice if Stern polished this mission up a bit though.

Hope this makes sense. I did complete this mission during multiball the other day so im glad that was addressed because you used to not be able to stack this mission with multiball.

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Bought my STLE upon release and it sits in my game room with less than 70 plays. Sure "looks" pretty though.

Well, if you don't like it enough with 1.5 to have more than 70 plays, I don't think you should wait around for better code. Just sell it and move on....you'll be able to buy one later if you want.

Personally I like the game, but it does not have the finish/polish of AFM/STTNG that sit next to it. The main thing for me would be to have Kob Mult be a much bigger deal/reward, much like Final Frontier.

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nope sorry, full heartedly disagree. If they posted something on Facebook that they're aware of the issues and will be addressing star treks issues then Ya, I have no problem waiting. But, Steve Ritchie said months ago that he and the team are aware of the bugs and are working hard to get those bugs ironed out. Now we're hearing from multiple sources that they're programmers have been pulled from the project!!??!! Wtf? We had no problem waiting before when we were given reason to believe they were working on it, now you want us to be patient with the code now that they're NOT working on it? It don't add up.
All we want is some solid concrete communication from stern stating that they're aware of the issues and it will be rectified (sooner than later), then I'm sure most of us would be humble, patient, and enjoy our holiday knowing that stern cares about the customers that feed them.

To what, are you disagreeing with me on? That you'll get over it?

#464 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This one is sort of fixed I think? What youre referring to is Nero 2. The mission starts with 3 romalins which represet 3 sets of shots (left vuk/left orbit - left ramp/center drop - right ramp/right orbit). A shot to either set is an awarded shot and the dmd shows kirk or spock shoot that romalin. That set is then unlit for a certain period of time. If you shoot all 3 sets quickly, then all will be unlit for approx. 5 secs. If a set of shots is unlit for I think 5-10 secs a new romalin shows up in his place and the shot is lit again.

So if you do hit all 3 sets quickly there will be a period of no shots lit; this is usually where I focus on building my warps or stack a mb if I need to. It would be nice if Stern polished this mission up a bit though.

Hope this makes sense. I did complete this mission during multiball the other day so im glad that was addressed because you used to not be able to stack this mission with multiball.

It happens not only in Nero II but in more missions if not all of them. But in Nero II it seems to occur more often. Let's say there are 4 more shots to complete the level II mission and then get a multiball,
you can not complete that mission as the ''away team'' is not lit. Then after draining 2 balls the Nero mission seems to be no longer active, as no ramps shots are lit. After some time the ''away team'' lites up, when hitting it the Nero II mission starts all over again. Now, when you lose that ball, the next ball in play requires you to hit the ''away team'' first again to start the Nero II mission, there is no option to select a different mission either as Nero II has to get completed. Now, while in Nero II mode again, the lit shots dissapear again, after some time the ''away team'' lites up again and you can start all over. From this loop it is impossible to escape so Nero II can never get completed. This is probably just one scenario as i know more scenarios can trigger this endless loop. The only way to complete level ll missions is to complete all your 8 shots or so right from the start and hit the ''away team'' straight on.
I don't think that is expected behavior and it is most annoying as well. So therefor this bug should be addressed asap. I talked about it with Steve, he confirmed that something is not right there and will get fixed... It is time for an update!!

#465 9 years ago

Vengeance scoring...

Ok I thought V1 was 5 million for destroying it and I'm sure I've seen it show only 5 million too. Although tonight I got 10 million for blowing it up. My guess is that if you blow it up on a combo it's 10 million as opposed to 5? I don't think defeating vengeance should be doubled for a combo, that's just way too cheesy. After all, 5 million is a lot of points in this game.

V2 is ok. Last night I beat it real quick and only got 6 million for it all. Compared to the V1 10 million cheezy poofs, the points don't reflect the skill in completing it quickly. Yes there's the extra ball incentive, but let's not forget about points! It's a harder mode, it should score better than V1

V3. Oh man what a crap mode. Shoot it 4 or 5 times and get 5 million points. There doesn't seem to be a timer so it's easier than V2 in that regard. I don't know if you can combo the last shot for 5 extra million cheezies or not. This should be the most challenging Vengeance mode and perhaps the most lucrative. Instead it's easier than V2 and scores 5 million - go figure!. V3 just doesn't seem complete as a mode.

Rob

#466 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This can't be quoted enough. So true.

#467 9 years ago

I've seen shots disappear and then suddenly come back, flickering really fast like a timer was about to expire except there is no timer.

Rob

#468 9 years ago

Ok, so it seems that most of you can complete level-2 missions all the time (when shooting the required shots of course ) but for sure that isn't the case on my machine maybe there is a difference between Pro and LE? I own the LE.

#469 9 years ago

Ok, so it seems that most of you can complete level-2 missions all the time (when shooting the required shots of course ) but for sure that isn't the case on my machine maybe there is a difference between Pro and LE? I own the LE.

Shields are easier on the pro cause you get a smaller outlane + the ball saver. Change feature adjustment #40 to extra easy. In return I like to set #8 to hard (vengeance difficulty).

Prime directive and space jump are difficult because they are on quick timers. STE 2 or 3 is good to stack with a multiball cause you don't have to think about the shots so much and there's no timer. DTD2 is also good to stack with multiball as it requires more precision so sometimes you can complete it if you have a good multiball. Nero 2 is pretty tough. Klingon battle 2 is easy, repeat shots to the left ramp.

#470 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Shields are easier on the pro cause you get a smaller outlane + the ball saver. Change feature adjustment #40 to extra easy. In return I like to set #8 to hard (vengeance difficulty).

Prime directive and space jump are difficult because they are on quick timers. STE 2 or 3 is good to stack with a multiball cause you don't have to think about the shots so much and there's no timer. DTD2 is also good to stack with multiball as it requires more precision so sometimes you can complete it if you have a good multiball. Nero 2 is pretty tough. Klingon battle 2 is easy, repeat shots to the left ramp.

Maybe I should create a video of what is happening here. It would make more clear what I mean. Definately, although I do everything right, active missions at level II do dissapear.

#471 9 years ago

Maybe I should create a video of what is happening here. It would make more clear what I mean. Definately, although I do everything right, active missions at level II do dissapear.

I must have misunderstood. I think I see what you're saying but something seems off. all level 2 missions disappear during mb? Maybe a video is in order ?

#472 9 years ago

Not really a bug per se, but it's something that needs to be fixed fo sho.

Playing multiplayer, when player one looses their ball, the call out is "Player 2, step up."

Get's me all riled up every time I hear it.

We all know it needs to be, "Player 2, Punch It!."

#473 9 years ago

All you people talking about your ST sitting and gathering dust..........WTF?

Sure it has issues but I still think it's a blast to play. Play mine all the time. Can't wait for a good update but I'll keep playing mine regardless. Even if one never comes this one is going to be in the collection for a while.

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

All you people talking about tour ST sitting and gathering dust..........WTF?
Sure it has issues but I still think it's a blast to play. Play mine all the time. Can't wait for a good update but I'll keep playing mine regardless. Even if one never comes this one is going to be in the collection for a while.

Here here. Me too. Better than my Metallica prem sitting next to it. We just need the bugs ironed out stern!

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

All you people talking about tour ST sitting and gathering dust..........WTF?

Gotta agree been playing TWD for the last few days then jumped back on ST and yep its a blast to play.

#476 9 years ago

Kills me that with a few minor changes the game could be so much better. They had like 4 guys working on the code, cmon'… I wish one of them had real pride in ownership. It's too bad they don't put the credits in the drain lane anymore.

#477 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Kills me that with a few minor changes the game could be so much better. They had like 4 guys working on the code, cmon'… I wish one of them had real pride in ownership. It's too bad they don't put the credits in the drain lane anymore.

I gave up. Sorry, King! Sold it last weekend. A years gone by and the LE features aren't coded. Total bullshit. I'm never playing the $7k beta tester again. I'm out as a NIB customer. Replaced my STLE with a nice 2011 Rolling Stones LE! Finished code, wooo!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here here. Me too. Better than my Metallica prem sitting next to it. We just need the bugs ironed out stern!

Delusional !!!

#478 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I gave up. Sorry, King! Sold it last weekend. A years gone by and the LE features aren't coded. Total bullshit. I'm never playing the $7k beta tester again. I'm out as a NIB customer. Replaced my STLE with a nice 2011 Rolling Stones LE! Finished code, wooo!

Delusional !!!

Thumbs half up.. it's total bullshit for the state of the LE… but Snoring Stones??!?
What happened with X-Men? how long was that code a cluster, I heard it got fixed??

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Thumbs half up.. it's total bullshit for the state of the LE… but Snoring Stones??!?
What happened with X-Men? how long was that code a cluster, I heard it got fixed??

Stones is tons of fun - same type of gameplay and rules as Iron Man and Tron. I'd rather have simple & polished than complex and unfinished. Xmen still blows....don't care to own it again ever. Only Lyman games for me from now on - and even then - only when they're finished.

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Delusional !!!

Star treks current state is still way better than Metallica. Sad but true

People think star treks missions are all the same and while they have a lot of similarities, Metallica is much more repetitive overall with very little diverse strategy when compared to Star Trek. Don't get me wrong, Metallica is awesome and I love it but even a bugged out non full featured Star Trek is better. Stern just needs to finesse the bugs and polish the unused features. Besides that ST is off the chains good!

#481 9 years ago

Steve, you're my boy and all that, you know that, but you're off your rocker man. I play my Metallica all the time still, even when I look at Star Trek, and go "eh, maybe play it later" and then never do.

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Steve, you're my boy and all that, you know that, but you're off your rocker man. I play my Metallica all the time still, even when I look at Star Trek, and go "eh, maybe play it later" and then never do.

I really enjoy both but I'm not sure I could own MET. My buddy has one and I've played it maybe 10 times and have already thrown up over 350 million. I'd be scared to see what I could do with it at home! I don't like games that last anything over 45 minutes or so. I'm afraid I might get there on ST as well and it's why LOTR left.

#483 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I really enjoy both but I'm not sure I could own MET. My buddy has one and I've played it maybe 10 times and have already thrown up over 350 million.

Yeah well, you're a better player than me obviously. And so is Eskaybee for that matter, though he's modest about it.

#484 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah well, you're a better player than me obviously. And so is Eskaybee for that matter, though he's modest about it.

I'm pretty sure he's better than me also.

#485 9 years ago

Hah. I'm losing my touch with a 2 year old in the house

Quoted from Aurich:

Yea, Metallica is awesome and has much more creative rules (Lyman and all). But too much repetition when compared to Star Trek. Love both which is why I own both but Star Trek is still more fun to play for me personally.

#486 9 years ago

Even though it has this bug, I do play it quite often, although I just play it to shoot some balls rather then playing it to reach a good score or progress in the game. That is a bit of a waste isnt't it?

#487 9 years ago

Now that I get deeper in the game more often the bugs have become a bane to playing and enjoying the game. The coding bugs are so frustrating that it severely damages my desire to play the game.

#488 9 years ago

Even though it has this bug, I do play it quite often, although I just play it to shoot some balls rather then playing it to reach a good score or progress in the game. That is a bit of a waste isnt't it?

Not if you're having fun

#489 9 years ago

You are right that it isn't a bad game, it is just lost potential. I have ACDC BIBLE beside it that gets all the love these days and it doesn't get as much play these days because it is unfinished... The code is just imbalanced way to many bugs to speak of and rule sets that are incomplete or unfinished. There are things to do, I have not made 5 yr mission yet so that still motivates me, but the code really does lower the experience/fun factor level on a game where if the code was complete it would be a top 10 game easily. Again it isn't a disaster just could be so much better...

Quoted from Astropin:

All you people talking about your ST sitting and gathering dust..........WTF?

#490 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Now that I get deeper in the game more often the bugs have become a bane to playing and enjoying the game. The coding bugs are so frustrating that it severely damages my desire to play the game.

hmmm, made it the first time to 5 year Mission yesterday. And I'm pretty sure, there was not a single bug. Sure, there are a lot of things that could be better and there are bugs if you are searching for them (skipping a wizard mode is a no go and level 1 modes still need work) but "regular" play never ist frustrating for me because of the code and much more fun than most other pins.

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you dislike it that much that no code update is going to satisfy you. This is a top 30 game right now....a great code update would send it into the top 10.

You make it sound like it's in the 200's (That's where some games actually start to become annoying to me).

#492 9 years ago

Amazing to me that people are selling this great game before it gets finished. The King just said a few weeks back that the code WILL BE FINISHED and that it will be the ONLY GAME IN HIS HOUSE.

That should be enough for anyone. It is for me.

#493 9 years ago

It is a great flipping game.. satisfying shots. I'm just a bit frustrated lately.

#494 9 years ago

Amazing to me that people are selling this great game before it gets finished. The King just said a few weeks back that the code WILL BE FINISHED and that it will be the ONLY GAME IN HIS HOUSE.

Agreed.

I may be making this up, but I seem to recall that some of you are friends with SR on Facebook, is that right? Why not send him a friendly message just saying that as the weeks go by and it is getting closer to the holidays, people are getting anxious. Any news or words of reassurance he could give would be much appreciated. A nice holiday present!

#495 9 years ago

Im with you up to "will be finished"......when is finished actually going to happen? Its been a year since the game came out...surely that is enough time to get this together. No wonder why more are selling. It's a good game, esp if you just get it. But after owning it and discovering its flaws, well now your just looking to have it completed.
Christmas update???????

#496 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Star treks current state is still way better than Metallica. Sad but true
People think star treks missions are all the same and while they have a lot of similarities, Metallica is much more repetitive overall with very little diverse strategy when compared to Star Trek. Don't get me wrong, Metallica is awesome and I love it but even a bugged out non full featured Star Trek is better. Stern just needs to finesse the bugs and polish the unused features. Besides that ST is off the chains good!

I want some of whatever you are drinking/smoking

#497 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I want some of whatever you are drinking/smoking

Hah! No substances needed, It comes in the form of a pin with multiple objectives and strategies. Metallica is great but the fun factor is inferior to ST. Not saying Metallica isn't fun; Star Trek is just funnererer.

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Star Trek is just funnererer.

I believe the correct term is "funnerest".

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I believe the correct term is "funnerest".

More better.

#500 9 years ago

Betterer than betterest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-st-15-code-bugs-here/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.