(Topic ID: 268194)

Post Snapped Off Inside Playfield - How to Remove?

By bbddpp

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bbddpp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1176 (resized).jpg
IMG_1164 (resized).jpg
IMG_1166 (resized).jpg
IMG_1165 (resized).jpg
IMG_1167 (resized).jpg
IMG_1168 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbddpp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Small bit of frustration as I tried to take my Tee'd Off Ramp Apart to finally clean under there in the captive ball area and replace the bulb in the hidden pop bumper under the ramp. Still don't know how to get this thing off.

Anyway in doing so I realized there's a thin meal ramp flap held down by 2 posts on either side of it. Looks like there MIGHT be a tiny screw under that metal ramp.

Put a mini wrench at the base of the right side post, turned counter-clockwise (that's the right direction for removal yes?) and the post SNAPPED right off leaving the rest on the playfield.

Help! I've never had this happen before and have no idea how to get the rest out so I can order a replacement post and put it in. Hopefully I can take it out from underneath somehow? I don't want to get near my playfield with a drill. I just know I'll make it worse.

There's another post on the other side of the flap I also need to take off to get this metal flap out of the way that I also need to take off without breaking.

Anyone recognize the part numbers on these posts? One's got a point on the top and the other is hollow. I don't see them listed in the manual.

So frustrating, all because I wanted to get that ramp off to clean. I should have just left it alone. Even worse - The ramp STILL isn't off!

IMG_1164 (resized).jpgIMG_1164 (resized).jpgIMG_1165 (resized).jpgIMG_1165 (resized).jpgIMG_1166 (resized).jpgIMG_1166 (resized).jpgIMG_1167 (resized).jpgIMG_1167 (resized).jpgIMG_1168 (resized).jpgIMG_1168 (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago

Thanks gang, makes me feel better I can take it out from underneath. I hear they used Loctite on these from another prior owner (thanks BlueManUK) so it makes me feel better that it snapped so easy on me.

Knowing I can use a vise counterclockwise from under to take it out will help. I'll see if I can knock off the t-nut first. Then it's just a quick email to pbresource for a couple new posts and nuts.

Appreciate it gang, you made me feel better on Friday, I can enjoy my beer now.

#9 3 years ago

you guys were right. Fell right out. Part on order, now we wait! Appreciate the moral support.

In the meantime, I can try and figure out the other 28 things I need to remove from the playfield just to get at this pop bumper area under the ramp.

Nice design, Gottlieb.

#10 3 years ago

While I have everyone's kind attention...other than it needing a DEEP cleaning and new rubbers (never been back here before) I need to change the burnt bulb inside the pop bumper -- never saw this before, I figured remove from above like usual. This bulb is not budging! Don't tell me I need to do this from underneath the playfield to get at this bulb! Thoughts? It turns a slight bit but I can't feel any upward ability, do I need to pinch the metal or something to open up the gap? I expected to see a wedge here not what looks to be a bayonet.

IMG_1176 (resized).jpgIMG_1176 (resized).jpg

#13 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm going to go try again now. I had been pressing and twisting but when I pulled up it wasn't budging, like it was pinched solid in the metal socker. Hopefully I just need to give it a little more upward coaxing force than normal.

#15 3 years ago

Yeah I got it out - So that's solved too. Thanks guys. It was a bugger, the entire socket with prongs came up out of there before I finally was able to force the bulb out. LED in there now, and cleaning and putting in all new rubber, so should be better than it ever was before back there once I get this new post. Then installing the new tees and this simple, cheap but fun little game will be back in service.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbddpp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-snapped-off-inside-playfield-how-to-remove?tu=bbddpp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.