7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Half question if there's already a way to do this, half suggestion. I mentioned in the York thread I could bring a project game I could bring if anyone happened to be interested, but I didn't make an ad or anything (I wasn't super serious about selling it, and as far as I understand the show threads are okay like that?), and I ended up selling it. I remembered about the fees today, and wanted to pay mine (since I did make the sale thanks to pinside), but there's no option to just say "I sold a tier X game, let me pay the fee" without having a full marketplace listing. So I thought I'd just do it as a plain donation, but we're not allowed to donate amounts that small (even though we can be charged smaller amounts for sales?), so I went to make an ad, hoping there'd be a way to mark it as sold immediately or something, but there isn't. It'd be nice to have the option to just make the payment without going through making a 'dummy' ad first. What's the preferred way of going about this?

#2 7 years ago

Isn't it strange that you can't donate ANY amount you want? May have a minimum amount having to do with a "fee" vs. a "donation" for tax purposes, but I honestly am baffled on this decision.

I don't understand why they wouldn't allow you to donate smaller amounts either. You would think they want any and all donations.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Isn't it strange that you can't donate ANY amount you want? May have a minimum amount having to do with a "fee" vs. a "donation" for tax purposes, but I honestly am baffled on this decision.
    I don't understand why they wouldn't allow you to donate smaller amounts either. You would think they want any and all donations.

I understood the 'administration fees, etc' reason until I saw that their selling fees were less. Maybe the donation limit is just old?

#4 7 years ago

Did you get it sorted out?

#5 7 years ago

You can create the ad, then end it as sold.

Thanks for your honesty

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

You can create the ad, then end it as sold.
    Thanks for your honesty

That's the best way? I feel a bit guilty about 'polluting' the marketplace feeds / etc with a fake listing

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

That's the best way? I feel a bit guilty about 'polluting' the marketplace feeds / etc with a fake listing

It's not a fake listing. You had the game. You sold the game via a Pinside thread. Now you want to contribute to Pinside.

Creating the ad allows you to pay the fee.

It also represents an actual sale that took place due to Pinside.

Thank you for supporting this awesome site.

Marcus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-sale-adfee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.