IMG_0158 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#663 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Ya, I bet that was sold in minutes

I even sent a email yesterday saying I would take it. That was about an hour after it was posted.

Not a peep

#675 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Welcome vdojaq! If anyone deserves that Kiss it would be you if only because of your avatar!

Take a look at pinball magazine #3, that should answer any questions.

2 weeks later
#820 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Manufacturer: Sega
Game/Type: Space Jam / SS
Year: December 1996
Production
Cost: $800
Link/Contact: hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Cosmetically great. Fast game play. Works 100% in Florida ,NY" no mention of functionality in other counties...

Looks like the wear areas around the flipper buttons have been painted black. Still looks decent, BIG bargain if it really works 100%

#823 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Whenever a craigslist ad says a game looks perfect/mint or plays 100%, it's usually best to assume the exact opposite.
I saw an ad a few months back where a seller was claiming "plays 100%", but the flippers were completely missing from the playfield....

Did the seller reply with "ya know, I never noticed that before" "worked fine for me the other day"

#851 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Space Invaders / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1979
Production: 11,400
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: chicago.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "This is a project machine, playfield and cabinet in good shape
plastics in pretty good shape
needs new backglass, next to no image left.
Does NOT work
I removed almost all items from the playfield for cleaning, and have not put them back. playfield is unpopulated.
the main board probably should be replaced, all boards available online
good machine to restore
willing to trade for a bally or Williams arcade"

I could of had this one for $200 couple of years ago from the original seller, it was so bad I walked away from it. Playfield & cabinet are fair at best, the backglasses are shot. This guy picked it up after I passed on it. He seems to be a local flipper.

#944 8 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

So, for the hell of it, I emailed again and politely explained that it is hard to make an offer without even seeing what you are really buying. I said I would make a 200 dollar offer to him for it as is without really knowing if all the parts are even still there...
I get ignored. No response what so ever, but magically, now there is a new pic on ad! Lol...yep, thats a playfield with (at least!) Top taken apart. Where are the parts? Idk....

With the "new" pictures you can see where all the wear on the playfield has been filled in with the magical black sharpie! Again, I looked at this machine before he bought it a couple of years ago and walked away. He has $200 MAX in it.

2 weeks later
#1087 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Harlem Globetrotters On Tour / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1978
Production: 14,550
Game/Type: X's and O's / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1984
Production: 3,300
Cost: $750 ea.??
Link/Contact: cleveland.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "both machines light up and work but need work and cleaning 1 machine tilts each time you press left bumper both machines back glass is in excellent shape cabinets are dirty but i feel they can be cleaned up"

Something needs a GOOD cleaning over there. He should start with the camera lens.

1 week later
#1211 8 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I am sure it will need work but not a bad price. It does say obo.. Good luck!
Grand Rapids CL
image_(resized).png

Long gone, it was a real ad too.

6 months later
#3247 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

"Good, I will be buying the item from you so please kindly withdraw the advert, I don't mind adding $20 for holding the item for me".

Buying the item.......that's all you need to know to know it is a scam. Who calls a pinball machine the item?

3 weeks later
#3532 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Volcano / SS Widebody 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1981
Production: 3,655
Cost: $250
Link/Contact: lubbock.craigslist.org link
OP: When I purchase pinball machine it was working, brought it home and it hasn't worked.

Damn! Can someone grab this for me? I am in Chicago, but I am sure I can
get someone coming up this way with it!

3 months later
#4720 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Freedom / SS AS-2518-17, 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1976
Production: 1,500
Cost: $450 OBO
Location: Wauconda (Chicago), IL Another person who lives in the middle of a lake.
Contact/Link: chicago.craigslist.org link
Condition: Cosmetics unknown. Project Pin Price! OP: "...this one is in excellent working condition!
Every light, bell and flipper is Working!
The top glass is perfectly clear."

This is about 5 minutes from me and I may bite.....I love the chime solid states.

2 weeks later
#4890 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Free alert:
Chicago Coin Hi Score Pool in Dayton, Ohio
dayton.craigslist.org link
You have to take the red/white hideabed couch too

Load the game and leave the couch in the front yard and take off!

#4892 7 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Good way to snooker someone into free labor! Those old hideabeds are BEASTS!

Yeah, but the hide-a-bed might be in better shape than the Hi Score Pool!

#4908 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Nip-It / EM 4 Player
Features: Zipper Flippers, ball grabber 'Balligator'
Month/Year: February 1972
Production: 4,580
Cost: $300 Firm
Contact/Link: capecod.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Nip-It pinball machine. 1950's era. Works intermittently but needs a tune up. This is a real deal, very heavy classic machine."

WOW! I would be all over this!

5 months later
#5802 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Um.... NO.
Same guy that has had the non-working Atari Superman on CL for $1,500 for about a year. Keeps threatening to fix it and raise the price if no one buys it. Good luck with that.

I offered him a legit $300 bucks for that Kiss over a year ago. He gets all mad and quite vulgar. He bought it sight unseen trying to do a quick flip a couple of years ago and was taken to the cleaners on it. It's a total mess, some good parts and plastics.

2 months later
#6790 6 years ago
Quoted from Joker2415:

It has that scam feel.......But? I wouldn't be shocked if it really was. I've seen ex-wives And widows give away some good stuff. Cars, guns and safes, motorcycles, etc....It does happen.

Yeah, just ask my ex-wife....just kidding.....actually she just took all he credit cards, maxed them out and then filed bankruptcy, forcing me in to B.K. as well. This was 20 years ago, but still!

#6833 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

FIFTEEN PINBALL MACHINES - GARAGE SALE TOMORROW!
Contact/Link: wichitafalls.craigslist.org link
There are 15 pins that I can identify, plus several that I can't. Here is a list of the pins that I can identify:
Wizard!
Captain Fantastic
Bally Playboy
Bally Star Trek
Flash
Black Knight*
Pharaoh*
Stellar Wars
Black Hole*
Eight Ball
Mata Hari
Strikes and Spares
Firepower
Gorgar
Tri Zone
*Does anyone want to pick one of these up for me? Please! ?

The others are :
Lost World
Evel Knievel
High Deal
Strike Zone
Genie

1 week later
#6974 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: "300" / 4 player EM
Year: August 1975
Production: 7,925
Cost: $325
contact/Link: lynchburg.craigslist.org link
Horrible backglass
OP: Pinball Machine works good $325 call or text
no emails plz

Anyone from this area coming up to the Chicago area for Thanksgiving that could grab this for me?

7 months later
#8977 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Aw, I want one of these. So cheesy, cant, look, away. This is the right price, wrong side of the country!

Gotta love the James Bond theme music from 'The Spy Who Loved Me" at the end of the game.

1 week later
#9174 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb/Premier
Game/Type: Mario Andretti / DMD System 3, 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1995
Production: 1,120
Cost: $200
Contact/Link: chambana.craigslist.org link
OP: Mario Andretti pinball machine. $200 and you haul.

Been trying to contact this seller, has to be gone by now.

#9196 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Sure would look good with a $2,795 price tag on it!

If you wanted to keep it forever, that price tag would do it.

Highly underrated game.

1 week later
#9368 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Yeah. On a Facebook pinball page Otaku got all bent out of shape because he missed out on it.

Oh please post a link to this...

3 weeks later
#9921 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Embryon / SS
Year: June 1981
Production: 2,250
Cost: $900 OBO
Pinsider: arcademan1
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/67500
OP: game is missing the cpu board and 1 display. not too much playfield wear. its a barn find and i haven't done too much with it. look at the pics and make your decision. i've had a few offers to part it out but i would rather sell it whole

Rub a fucking lamp.....

1 week later
#10086 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Data East
Game/Type: Secret Service / SS DataEast/Sega Version 2, 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1988
Production: 2,741
Cost: $400
Contact/Link: bn.craigslist.org link
OP: Vintage spy theme pinball machine for sale. Needs a little work on bumpers and ball triggering mechanism. Will consider trade for ping-pong table and foosball table.

Emailed 2x, no replies at all.

3 months later
#11152 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: High Speed / System 11
Month/Year: Jan 1986
Production: 10,400
Cost: $1,100
Contact/Link: southbend.craigslist.org link
OP: non working condition, good back glass

Needs a playfield

4 months later
#12274 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE
Game/Type: The Incredible Hulk / SS
Month/Year: October 1979
Production: 6,150
Cost: ????
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Hinsdale/60521/2164005
DATES: THU 04/25 - SAT 04/27
They also have a shuffle bowler and a foos ball table

There is a possibility this is a super rare System 80 version, it has a 3 coin slot coin door. System 80's had the capability for Susan B $1 coins, not System 1's. Or the coin door had been swapped.

#12326 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Big thanks to nascarrey.
Just purchased this game from the seller. Picking up soon.
I owe you one! Thanks much.

There is a few of us here that would love to know if you open this thing up and it's a system 80 and not a system 1. It has a system 80 coin door on it!

#12359 4 years ago

He’s a few early pics. It was a beast to remove from the house. It would have been great if they had a key to the head!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dammit, I knew it was a system 80!!!! Congrats on the rare piece dude! I wanted this one and couldn't get there.

#12362 4 years ago

Yes, you and Rey were right. Thanks to Rey’s post, I reached out to them and they accepted. I have watched all the great deals on this thread......they seem to be as far away from me as possible. Florida, New Hampshire, Oregon.
I guess I just “dumb lucked” into this one.
Now, I need to find the special Game#500 manual.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Call Pinball Resource, I am sure he can get you a copy.

2 months later
#12886 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

This sold 20 min after the sale started.

How much?

4 months later
#15037 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I thought something looked a bit off on this game so looked it up on the database and confirmed my suspicions. The game was produced in 1975 so should have the older style coin door. The game has been modified for this 1977 and later coin door! Not that that's a deal-breaker but if somebody is looking for original........

Actually look at it closer, this thing is an anomoly. That is a later style bottom cabinet too. Not modified.

1 month later
#15340 4 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

There is a reason only 2500 sold and most of the ones you do see are in super nice condition - gameplay sucks!
About 8 years ago I was lucky enough to pick one of these up that looked like new then about 3 months later I ended up with a second one in super nice shape before we even worked on the first one. After we got it up and running I quickly realized why the playfields on these always seem to be in nice shape. No one would ever put a second quarter into this machine after playing it once on location.
In the 12 years (or so) we have been in the hobby I have actually owned 5 or 6 of them. The most I ever sold one for - shopped & 100% working - was $450 and it took me almost a year to sell it for that. Great parts machine but not a machine most people would want to add to their collection!

One of the most boring wide bodies of the era, terrible game.

1 week later
#15515 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

It says that the pix are from IPDB.

No it doesn't. It says the screenshot is from IPDB

1 week later
#15621 4 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

The market is too competitive in Wisco. If you don't see & message the seller within 5 minutes on most good deals, chances are they're gone. I bet someone messaged the seller and offered $400.

So, did you get it for that?

2 weeks later
#15813 4 years ago

Project Bally Nitro Ground Shaker . I own an auto shop and I traded work/labor for the machine. Is has a beautiful backglass, very nice playfield with minor wear along the bonus thousands. Lower cabinet has chipping on lower back and the backbox is solid, BUT someone screwed the lower left corner(facing the back box) together. It was neatly done, so a proper wood glue job would make it just fine. Back box outer frame painted black(why?) You see this a lot on this machine and Kiss.

No flashes on the MPU(have tested nothing), some corrosion from original battery. Not too bad, very repairable.

$650 Firm. NO SHIPPING

#15816 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Project Bally Nitro Ground Shaker . I own an auto shop and I traded work/labor for the machine. Is has a beautiful backglass, very nice playfield with minor wear along the bonus thousands. Lower cabinet has chipping on lower back and the backbox is solid, BUT someone screwed the lower left corner(facing the back box) together. It was neatly done, so a proper wood glue job would make it just fine. Back box outer frame painted black(why?) You see this a lot on this machine and Kiss.
No flashes on the MPU(have tested nothing), some corrosion from original battery. Not too bad, very repairable.
$650 Firm. NO SHIPPING

SOLD

3 weeks later
#15975 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Laser War
Data East
Price: $850
OP: Vintage (1987) Data East Laser War Pinball - 2,569 produced
Machine needs some repairs to return to functional use and a replacement lock. Great addition to any man cave or she shed.
Currently the flipper solenoids are not working and the scores aren't displaying. Last summer a repairman stated that the machine needed $350-400 in repair work to restore all function and the cylinder key needs replacement
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2479713512344043/

Hoping to get in on this one

1 week later
#16044 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Alien
Heighway Pinball
$5,000
Orlando, FL
orlando.craigslist.org link
Me: Not a Project but these were selling for $10,000 not long ago. Seller says he’s selling because of corona virus. A Black Knight Pro and Stranger Things Pro were put up for sale this week at $4000 each, and normally sell for $5000 each. Operator was selling because the location closed due to corona virus. I think we’re going to start seeing more people selling pins at reduced rates as they’re laid off from their jobs due to this virus.

I smell scam all over this one...pictures don't jive

3 weeks later
#16370 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Those are some interesting pics, , , resolution 1975?

My old cannon 110 did better than that! With flash cubes!

2 weeks later
1 week later
#16631 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Baseball
Gottlieb
Price:$195
OP:Plugs in lights up but doesn’t play.
Link:https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2533535103628300/

I was excited for this for about 10 seconds. I need a replacement back box, then I looked at the pictures. Oh boy. This thing is a frankenstein

1 week later
#16739 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

ebay.com link » 11 Vintage Classic Pinball Arcade Machine Old School 2 Evil Knievel One Lot
Just down the road from me but seller isn't interested in splitting the lot. It's open for offers, though. Maybe one of you crazy kids wants to take them all off his hands? I'll take an EK as a finders fee.
$11,000 for 11 games.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Dracula
Evel Knievel x2
Knockout
Laser Ball
Magic
Mata Hari
Motordome
Solar City
Vector

Terrible pictures, no details other than condition is used. Well, no shit they are used.

This one screams buyer beware.

#16762 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Price drop - $9500. Only another $6000 to go

Yeah, he posted more pictures. Playfields have lots of wear. $4k lot, all day long

3 weeks later
#16960 3 years ago

This is a GOOD deal...I just can't
chicago.craigslist.org link

#16974 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Last Action Hero
Price:$1,800
OP: Last Action Hero Pinball machine. All flippers and bumpers in working condition. Art on board and back in excellent condition
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/692074511355811/

I am 100% all over this, seller is a bit offbeat

#16987 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Good, because I don't have room!

Go ahead, you try. This guy has been stringing me along all frickin day on this. I finally told him I was out, no longer interested. Seems like he is playing off several buyers agianst each other. No thanks, bye.

At 6am I offered his asking price , no questions asked, I will take it.
About 8am he replies, Where do you live?
I tell him a few hours away
Asks when can you pick it up?
Now!
I can't, it's at my father's house.
Ok, Sat morning.
Nah, have a wedding this weekend.
Ok , next Saturday. I will send you a deposit right now via Paypal.
Oh, weekends are good.
Ok, can I send you a deposit?
Let me get back to you after lunch.
Ok.....3 hours pass
How would I get the deposit?
Do you have a paypal account?
Yes, I do.
Ok I will send you $300 right now and have cash in hand for pick up.
2 more hours pass and Finally I just said forget it.

This took 12 hours to have this conversation, but he was reading my messages right away.

#16992 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You should have told him some friends told you that this pin is a must have, you don't want to miss this chance and bump your offer way up. And then disappear.

Nope, I have a bogus Facebook acct that I will do that with.

3 weeks later
#17306 3 years ago
Quoted from stlscott:

Non-working I agree I think $3k is way high. CounterForce & Star Race are worth maybe $500 being early 80's machines in non-working condition. Delta Queen is maybe worth $350 non-working since it's a 70's era machine. So IMO, I put the price tag at $1350 for all 3 due to age and non-working condition. I know from my restorations, that CF and SR will likely need 300-500 in parts and LEDs just to get them working again and will require many hours of cleaning, soldering, and adjusting and that's after you get the MPU or controller boards working again (or replaced).

Exactly what I was thinking and I offered him $1400. I explained that these were non working titles and it's just crickets at this point.

#17395 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Rock
Price: $300
OP: Needs some work. Turns on but ball return stopped working. Have keys to item and manual.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1912672965542331/

5 damn minutes from me and I missed out

2 months later
#18606 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

$19.00 in overpriced parts ..... $200.00 labor (installing 4 rubbers, 1 fuse, and 1 lock)......$175.00 travel and milage (70 miles @ 2.50 per mile........ WOW

Probably just a fuse does apply.......

bill (resized).jpgbill (resized).jpg
2 months later
#19221 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

You want it? I’ll go get it for you. Look at the PF first. Geesh.

Good hardtop candidate

#19263 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

The lock on the backdoor needs to be drilled. The person who showed up didn't have a drill and couldn't take the head off and therefore couldn't take it. Amateur hour if you ask me. Any time I pick up a pin from a non pin person, I always bring a drill. Hell, I bring my travel toolbox every time I pick up a pin.

Yes sir! The only way to travel.

1 month later
#19525 3 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Lucky hand link back active, 750...hahah classic move these days

still a bargain

#19537 3 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Gotta try and clear some garage space - 3 game package for $1200 - Aladdin's Castle, Chicago Coin Top Ten, Hi-Lo-Ace. First two tested and show the usual needs (score reel cleaning, ball count adjustments) - Hi-Lo-Ace untested.

Dammit, I want an Aladdin's Castle and the price is right!

#19558 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You take Aladdin, I’ll take the other two.

You driving?

1 month later
#19910 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/454923922506567/?referralSurface=messenger_lightspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

Everyone please have a little fun with this JERKO. Has an Embryon for $2K listed. Has no displays working. I message him hey , I don't think this machine works? I do not see any displays lit up? Nothing else. He replies, thanks for the FREE diagnosis.

Have fun folks!!!!

#19989 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm that "douche".
Thanks for compliments...

You do know that self admission is the first step in recovery?

#20011 3 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Woah.. Nixie tubes. And light sensitive photo cell resistors to modulate the speed of the controls from the flipper buttons by how fast/ far you pushed them.
The 70s were wild.

That thing looks like it spent it's entire life in a basement. WOW!

#20026 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

My only point being, it seems like anymore, the cost to bring a "project" pin back to fully functional and presentable is about the same as just buying one that had the work done to it previously. As others have mentioned, the days of buying a pin, putting some elbow grease into it and reselling for a reasonable profit seem to be in the rear view mirror. Well, for the most part anyhow.
Just thinking about the Black Holes. Even if you get them for $2k, is it really a deal? What are the odds you'll be in for replacement boards? What about mech rebuilds? Re-pinning connectors, anyone? Plastics? God knows what else they need. So fixed up, if I sell them for $2k each, what did I gain? How many hours did I invest to make it a stable pin?
Don't get me wrong, working on machines is a labor of love. But in my experience, it rarely pays well. At least not on the buy-fix-flip front.

Well, I offered $1600 for the pair and got LOL as the reply. I would have possibly worked up to $1K each if he had counter offered, but he decided LOL was the right reply. They are DOA system 80's. True labors of love. He can keep them.

#20045 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Something to consider. As others have said a system 80 pin that won’t boot will be a challenge, but another challenge is if the inner backglasses are missing or the paint has peeled off. I bought a Black Hole project with a bad inner backglass. After a year of looking, I found one for $300.
Fully working Black Holes with nice cosmetics sell for $2800-2900, and you’re getting two for $2500. That’s probably why his price is so high.

That's talking the right buyer, maybe for $2800? Still a Gottlieb.

Wasn't looking to make profits, wanted to buy as one as a keeper and one as a seller. Fix em both at the same time and sell off the working one for $2K or so. I break about even?

#20065 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Estate sales used to be a good place to pick up a reasonably priced pin but those days are generally gone. Here's what you're likely to find now:
Pin is priced at top dollar for an average worn example. Or, for a very nice example, price is stratospheric.
Pin either doesn't work at all, powers just the GI lamps on, or boots on to "adjust failure" state. No keys usually to be found, so no way to open backbox and check for battery leakage. Whatever the case, they'll tell you that "we were just playing it last night" even when this is an absolute impossibility, i.e. no balls in the trough.
You make a lower offer and they'll tell you that "someone is on their way from upstate right now with an offer for the full price". The roads from upstate must forever be filled will people that are on their way to pay full price at estate sales.
It's like these people have a script of lies that they read from.

Funny as hell you mentioned this! Same shit here in the Chicago area. You have to call their bluff, on the spot, and get the homeowner involved if they are there. I went to look at a Stern Lightning at an estate sale. It was marked $1200, GI was the only thing that came on. I offered $500 on the spot. Lady tells me there was a group earlier that will be coming back for it at full price. I ask was there a deposit left, she says no. I notice a gentleman in the background just observing everything in the house and I ask him if he is the homeowner. He says no, this was his father's house. We chat and find out he was in charge and everything has to go. I say , can you come with me for a second? He follows me over to the lady at the table and I again offer the $500 for the machine. She starts making excuses and the guy goes will you take it now. I came home with a $500 Stern Lightning.

Some of these Estate people are up to dirty tricks and ruthless behavior. They purposely save or lie about the good stuff because they will have their people come in and scoop it up on the last day for 50% off.

2 months later
#20727 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Estate Sale this TH 06/17
The estate sale in Long Grove, IL lists a pinball machine, but it’s actually a multicade arcade machine per the estate sales rep.
https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Long-Grove/60047/2920026

And a Skee Ball that they want $3700 for. Ebay pricing at it again

4 months later
#21676 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

CHEAP PROJECT ALERT
Game/Type: Mars God of War / SS System 80 4 Player
Features: Widebody
Month/Year: March 1981
Production: 5,240
Cost: $25 (!!!)
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/219464786956188
OP: “ Old pinball machine has been sitting in a barn for years. I lost motivation to restore it and want it out of my garage. I plugged it in and some lights turn on but that is all I know about it. Asking $25. Will not answer a bunch of questions as I don’t know.”
Comments: Destroyed inner Backglass as usual. Still a screaming deal at $25. Someone scoop it up and restore it! Projects at good prices are extremely hard to find!
Originally found:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potentially-saveable-god-of-war-in-benton-wisconsin-for-25#post-6584380

I am on this one....hopefully

#21687 2 years ago

Small bit of contact then POOF , gone! I got up to $200

2 weeks later
#21779 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Bounty Hunter
Gottlieb
$450.00
Wichita KS
( Sorry. I do not know how to link a FB page without all of this trash text.)
Anyway, from looking at the little map, it looks like the guy who is selling this Bounty Hunter lives within 2 miles from me.
Bounty Hunter was one of the pins in that warehouse clean out last winter that my OP friend is bringing back to life. This is a different BH.
And I got to play Bounty Hunter at the Denver Pinball Showdown last month. Not a bad playing pin. It is not on my wishlist.
If anybody needs some help on this one, let me know. It is not far from me.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/871089710176197/

Just go grab it!!!

2 weeks later
#21884 2 years ago

Let's get a project pinball games buy & sell going on Facebook. Join up!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/236299688543056/about

#21886 2 years ago

More games to add here possibly

#21889 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

"Create a new group so we can copy it to this one"...? Yah, that's efficient. Just like people who create redundant threads without searching first, seems everyone wants to be duke of their own fiefdom. Wasn't there recent griping about how many stupidly scattered/redundant FB pinball groups exist already?
How much more noise do you want to create to sift down to the same signal? (Actually since I'm not on FB I suddenly find myself wondering how often Pinside listings get posted over there )

I'll reserve judgement. have a nice day.

#21890 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Cold day in hell before I join Facebook.

That's your prerogative. Just remember that the Facebook Marketplace has become the wild west that craigslist once was.

#21896 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm dumbfounded someone on THIS SITE is going HEY GUYS LETS GO OPEN A FOR SALE PAGE on a different site.
Pinside has several for sale threads going at once plus the actual for sale section not to mention God knows how many side deals that are going down.
Another page and on FB to boot? No thanks.

Well you just sit there and be dumbfounded.

#21897 2 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Except you didn't need to sacrifice your privacy to join Craigslist.

You don't on Facebook either. I am sure you can figure it out.

4 weeks later
#21995 2 years ago

I see 2 Sinbad's , and another yellow cabinet and an old F150.

3 months later
#22692 2 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Playboy and Super-Flite for $1500 together.
Both are complete units with all boards/mechs. They were in storage according to seller.
Located in Shorewood, IL.
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1065772297339281
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

NOPE! He wants $1500 EACH!

2 weeks later
#22872 2 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Police Force for $1400
Located in Glen Allen, VA
Owner says it's in good shape and just needs a shop job.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3134638980118880/
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn good deal! Sale Pending too

3 weeks later
#23112 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Backglasses for this title are mirrored and haven’t been reproduced. I’ve found several people looking for this backglass.

BGResto is doing them, I have one

#23153 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Do you still have your original Circus back glass?

Yes

3 weeks later
#23427 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have a Genie mega-project machine available. Playfield is currently torn down completely, as the previous owner tried to clear it and it is terrible. I was able to remove the clear without damage with rubbing alcohol and a sanding sponge, but only did one small section.
Pictures of the machine are here- https://1drv.ms/f/s!Akk53b-cuRJ0i_BFfQzG88XydoxZFg
$200 without back box boards and displays, $450 with boards and displays. The boards are rotten dog power supply, aftermarket cpu (don’t recall brand), and factory driver board.
It was sold to me as a working project, but I have never fired it up.
Everything about it is rough but saveable based on your skill set.

ooh, love me some Genie!

2 months later
#23675 1 year ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Sometimes sellers don't understand what they put buyers through when they sell something after making a deal with you. One day I drove over 2 hours (one way) just to arrive at the sellers house and seeing the machines I was suppose to be picking up sitting in has driveway in the back of someone else's truck. Over $100 in wasted fuel, 5 hours wasted time, and not even an "I'M SORRY from the seller.

I had some prick here on Pinside do that to me for $100! Made a deal at 2 pm. Told him I was leaving work at 5pm and coming straight there and would be there at 7pm. I get there and he tells me, sorry I sold it to someone else for alot more. Yeah, the guy he sold it to was also on Pinside, he paid $100 than our agreed price. Not the buyers fault because the seller never told him he already had a deal in place. It's just a shitty thing to have to deal with.

#23678 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

I think you should shout out the Pinsider to warn others. That seller has no integrity.

If I knew his Pinside name , I would. The deal was made off of Pinside. This was about 7 years ago and it was a craigslist deal. Only later I found he was here and totally lost his name.

2 months later
#23945 1 year ago

Bring a hazmat suit!

1 month later
#24059 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Gottlieb Victory
$200
Excelsior Springs, MO
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1079676636763891/?mibextid=dXMIcH
Seller: It's been sitting in my barn for 27 years or more. The bumpers are rotted off. Flippers all work but the display will not come on for some reason.

That is 30 minutes out of K.C. , they will be fighting for it.

2 weeks later
#24115 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, I completely avoid the NYC area and Long Island. I just don't want to deal with the traffic. There's plenty of other pin hunting grounds.
Whenever I go down to the city, I just take a train down instead. Ths makes it hard to potentially bring back a pin, though.

You ain't got a hair on your ass unless you strap a machine on to this bad boy and pull it right along with you.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
5 months later
#24828 9 months ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Not mine, but Great deal on a Stern Stingray project on eBay! Looks to be in pretty decent condition… until you see the head come off . Definitely repairable.
$575 (plus tax)
Elgin, IL
ebay.com link: itm[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn. This is 20 minutes from me and I am sure I could snag it on a cash deal, but I just have too many projects to add another one.

3 months later
#25132 5 months ago
Quoted from La4s:

Ebay: ebay.com link: itm
Hot Doggin
$750 BIN
Valparaiso, Indiana

I think this is the famous Valpo pin flipper dude. Love the description. Put the machine all together but I never tested anything. Yeah, ok buddy! Sure. That's code for the thing is a train wreck and nothing works.

#25135 5 months ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

“Is this still available ?”

Will you ship?

#25143 5 months ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Is this still available?

Do you take Venmo?

#25173 5 months ago

At Pinball Life Expo Party ..... 8 years ago now?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#25177 5 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I have been out to his place before. Has a ton of stuff and doesn't really want to sell much of it at all. Likes to quote the ebay prices on every single thing he has. That said, its been a while so maybe he is loosening up?

Oh! You mean the famous "They are selling on eBay for $XXXX.00" When in reality is they are listed on eBay for $XXXX.00 and nobody is buying it at that price. Or the famous "I seen it selling on eBay for $XXXX.00" or "They go for $XXXX.00 on eBay".

Those are the listings you just run from because they think their half assed, half working machine is gold.

2 months later
#25720 80 days ago
Quoted from dung:

How is that a project?

Maybe removing some of the rainbow puke?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Boards
Troxel Repair

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.