Topic Stats

• 12,949 posts
  • 441 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Ballypin
  • Topic is favorited by 396 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,047 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1sfah4 (resized).jpg
24F3DB32-9ABB-41DB-B53A-73E636D5B225 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
F14 (resized).jpg
police force 5 071419 (resized).jpg
police force 6 071419 (resized).jpg
police force 9 071419 (resized).jpg
police force 7 071419 (resized).jpg
police force 8 071419 (resized).jpg
15629660513002009179993 (resized).jpg
Volly (resized).jpg
mspacman (resized).jpg
B3386FD5-806B-4F19-A509-0926B1CEF291 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
00L0L_iDtXo9QYO5F_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00O0O_381r5MjsZuq_1200x900 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7701 1 year ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

As much as I hate auctions (they always waste so much time waiting all day for the few items you are interested in and then someone bids those items to insane prices so you don't end up getting them anyway) I might have to drive over to check this sale out. It is only about an hour from me and I would feel silly not going but I really wish I didn't know about it and then I wouldn't be wasting a day!
Knowing the area my expectations of buying are very low - Lloyd (coinopwarehouse) will have someone their for sure and I know a couple other local guys that will not let anything slip through cheap so before I drive over I already know I don't need to take the truck. But I am curious what parts and stuff are around and maybe one or two of the backglasses might help me save a machine or two. Who knows!

Back glasses we got:

Bally Eight Ball mint $130
Bally Mata Hari (Dagger writing) mint $150
Gottieb Royal Flush mint $130

2 weeks later
#7818 1 year ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: 8 Ball / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: Jan 1966
Production: 3,250
Cost: $275
Contact/Link:allentown.craigslist.org link

Condition: Total project. Dirty. Cab has been painted. Back glass has wear spots. Playfield looks decent underneath the dirt.

2 weeks later
#7916 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

$850.00 closing price after 32 bids.

I bought it. Offered seller $750 cash yesterday outside eBay, they declined. Seller ended up with same amount after fees. Luckily eBay started 10% eBay bucks for the next 2 days so I got a $85 credit.

#7918 1 year ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

There is a complete playfield for it also on eBay. Appears to be in better condition. I considered biding on it but just picked up a project game. Xenon is a great game congratulations.

It's my 2nd Xenon. I have an extra PF already for it. I put a NOS PF in mine. The cabinet on this one is better than mine. Had seller text me a bunch of extra pics, looks pretty good.

#7929 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Those chewed-on looking edges of the apron cards have me concerned...

Agreed, what else was chewed? I had one of these in my collection many years ago. Even found a mint Duotron PF to replace mine. Was really happy when I sold it. Never liked it.

3 weeks later
#8090 1 year ago

This is close to me but I have no interest:

chambersburg.craigslist.org link

$50 for a pin and a bowler!

2 months later
#8669 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Eight Ball / SS
Year: January 1977
Production: 20,230 units
Cost: $450
Seller: Coinop Warehouse
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/coinopwarehouse/posts/10156451742682375
OP: Complete but not working Bally Eight Ball pinball. The backglass is nice, the cabinet is decent and the playfield looks good but has been poorly touched up and then mylared. Great project pinball. $450

Thanks for posting this. I snagged this tonight with the help of WeatherbyMAG since I'm not on FB. Have a NOS PF waiting for this game.

DSCN2525 (resized).JPG
4 weeks later
#9069 1 year ago

Received this email today in response to my wanted ad on CL:

we are going to have an auction to clear one of our warehouses that we have had for years. there will be 70 plus project pins mostly williams data east sega from late 80's early 90's about 10 complete working pins 90's early 2000's old antiques from 40's 50's video from 80's translights back glasses and parts. in total 200 plus lots auction in lancaster pa sept 8th on site and on line

Thanks,
Mike Patz
M&P Amusement Co.
717 309-1790

#9179 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Strikes and Spares / SS
Year: June 1978
Production: 12,820
Cost: Make Offer
Link/Contact: cleveland.craigslist.org link
OP: Powers up fine, ball return does not work. Glass is in very good condition. Have all parts including legs etc. Recently moved and no room for the pinball machine

Already sold

1 week later
#9400 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Atlantis / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: January 1975
Production: 2,225
Cost: $300
Contact/Link: cnj.craigslist.org link
OP: Gotieb "Atlantis" pinball machine. Needs servicing.

Now it's listed at $500 and even that won't buy it. Seller started a group text to get everyone who inquired into a bidding war. AVOID!

#9407 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

If someone really wants a Gottlieb Atlantis I know of two for sale on Facebook. One was $1,100, the other was make offer, but I know the seller and he’d probably take the same price. Pm me if interested

It was $300 yesterday, $400 this AM, then the bidding started with starting bid at $500. Several Pinsiders were in the group text from what I could tell. Last bid was $550 till most of the 8 of us started getting disgusted at the seller's tactics. I told him to put the f**king thing on eBay if that's how he operates. I would of driven the 450 miles to get it at $300 but the 2 horrible pics he produced showed major veneer lifting on the head, and a PF pic with the glass on which was nearly unless. Owned that title before and enjoyed it but when offered a nice Black Knight straight up, I traded it.

#9410 1 year ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Separate post on here about how the seller is simply getting interested parties in a bidding war. Be warned.

It sold.

4 weeks later
#10015 11 months ago

Did someone here snag this EBD? I emailed fairly quickly but got a response 5 hours later it was most likely sold.

cleveland.craigslist.org link

2 months later
#11057 8 months ago

I had a local woman respond to my "Wanted Pinball Machines" ad on CL. A widow is selling her husband's 1969 Gottlieb Target Pool. Looked at it today. It's more of a project than I'd want. PF worn to the wood between slings. BG has a fair amount of flaking. Cabinet artwork is rough. Missing rear door. Been sitting in an unheated garage for many years, PF rubbers were disintegrated into pieces. Good lock down bar, coin door decent, no coin mech's. Schematics were inside cabinet. Could be purchased for $200 or so. PM for her contact info. Game is in the State College PA area.

3 months later
#11724 5 months ago

Here's one you don't see often. Project Bally Fathom in Indiana on auction on 3/2/2019. If only I was closer...….

https://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/3181203/fp28.cgi

https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3181203.html?kwd=fathom&zip=46203&category=0

#11728 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Oh hell, you know you want it.
It is an online auction. If you win the bid, Google Earth says you only have a 444 mile one way trip. One night in a motel. Or if you are really adventurous, you could leave early in the morning and could be there in 7 hours. Then load up and head home. Of course, this time of year the weather could stick it to you.
I looked at your collection. You need this Fathom
If this was a game I was looking for I would be all over this.

I never have any luck with auctions. Found a Centaur at auction last year, drove 100 miles only to find it was in a damp basement and no keys to the head. Had a good PF. I quit at 2K, it sold for $2300. (To a Pinsider no less)

#11730 5 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

tomdrum I wasn’t going to share this one as I am interested in buying it. You’re right it’ll probably sell for much more than it’s worth.

Sorry for "outing" it. IMO that's a $1500 to $2K game. I image it will go closer to $3K.

1 week later
#11785 4 months ago

Here's a Flash Gordon and Twilight Zone at auction 3/13 in Carol Stream IL :

https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3193948.html

1 week later
#11877 4 months ago

Future SPA near Pittsburgh. Called seller, wear on PF & BG. Game is working. Asking $1500.

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

3 months later
#12726 19 days ago

For those of us that are always on the lookout for project games, here's what I found in the last 2 months. Like many here I run wanted ads on CL looking for games. Last month I was offered a Stern Stars. It was 60 miles away but looked decent in pics. Drove over and got it for $375. Unmolested survivor with a really nice PF, flaking BG from storage, was in a home for 35 years. Let a local pin friend buy it since he loves these and had a nice BG.

Yesterday I get a text on another Stars, looked at it today. Was working till they moved it. Light PF wear, nice BG and cabinet. OE board set. That one was bought for $450. Again, I let another local pin buddy have it as it's a keeper game for him too.

Deals are out there if you look and luck into them.

Why it couldn't had been a Bally Flash Gordon, EBD or other desirable titles offered in 20 years of looking still amazes me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Indianapolis, IN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside