IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theonlyest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1169 8 years ago

Where's the BK2K?!?!?! I WANT IT!!!! MINE MINE MINE!!!! Ahem... ummm, I would really like to obtain that unit.

#1177 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Welcome TheOnlyest! I take it you would like a Black Knight 2000 to add to your collection?

Thanks!! Yes, I am desperately searching for a distressed restoration project BK2K to add to my permanent collection!! I actually kindof know Pacman11, I helped him out with displays for his Pinbot, i'm hoping he helps me out with WHERE is that machine!! But I suspect he didnt tell us for a reason...

#1188 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I hate when they do that and it pleases me to no end that you bailed on the rest of the stuff. I hope he sits on it for a long time and has to take a $300 price drop to move it.

2nd that!! I'm just really getting frustrated that these killer opportunities keep constantly coming up on machines that I want, but they are NEVER within 1000 miles of me!!

#1202 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

There are two Chicago Coin pinballs that I posted only a couple of days ago in Nevada:
Assuming, of course, that you have some love for Chicago Coin.

I do, but for my personal collection, I am a Willams-Only SS guy, and i'm only looking for specific 1986-90 games, and eventually a Jack*Bot, but that one is low on my priority list. I do have a wantlist in my collection profile.

#1203 8 years ago

oops

1 week later
#1294 8 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Not a cheap project, maybe the price can be negotiated.
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Whirlwind / Solid State Electronic (SS) 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1990
Production: 7,304 units
Cost: $1100
Link: oklahomacity.craigslist.org link

Still available, offered $750, he said no and also said he didn't want to ship, wanted to sell locally. For what it would cost to make this game right, I wouldn't pay a dime more than $750, otherwise i'd be upside-down as hell in the end, even though i'd be keeping it for my own collection. A shame tho, i'm totally up for saving this one.

#1298 8 years ago
Quoted from davideokills:

Are you trying to fool yourself here? You could easily get that game working and cleaned up and still clear $500-$1000 profit if you bought it for $1100.

Easy big guy... perhaps your definition of "working and cleaned" is different from mine. Plus, we dont know whats wrong with any of it, we have NO CLUE the condition of the cabinet, There are no pics of it! You cannot see the condition of the playfied (except that the spinner rubbers are non-existent), ramps or plastics in the crappy 2 pictures. Do you know if the topper fan motor works? how about the spinner assembly?
All that is a HUGE gamble to buy sight-unseen for $1100 PLUS $400 for shipping! And as I said, I want this for my personal collection, which means that it would be restored to excellence. There's no reason for anyone here to jump in my shit about my opinion of value... It is my right to only be willing to gamble $750 + $400 shipping! If its such an amazing deal or a goldmine flip, why have you not bought it? Or anyone in the Oklahoma City area for that matter?

#1307 8 years ago

Hey gang, I had a cool idea that seems to be appropriate for this awesome thread...

I am willing to offer my services here in the Las Vegas valley, absolutely free to my fellow fans of this thread.

If you see a pin on CL, ebay etc in my area that you are seriously interested in, I will go and thoroughly check it out for you, take detailed pics and email them to you (or post them here). Keep in mind that we have a couple of notorious schmucks in CA that consistently list their ludicrously overpriced machines in CL Las Vegas, so I obviously can't go see those for you.

I can even buy and/or pick it up for you, if you pay the seller or send me the money. You can pick it up from me, or have a shipping company pick it up from me at your convenience. This will remove the issue of sellers who "want to sell locally" and wont be bothered with people who need to have the machine shipped... Not to mention all the other crap that CL sellers pull on non-local buyers mid or post deal.

There's nothing in this for me, except the chance that maybe someone in another market may do the same for me. Just a thought!

#1340 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I think this is a great idea. Well, at least the first part! I would be willing to check out a pinball and the seller in Tucson for one of the Pinsiders here.
I always try to bring a friend when answering a CL ad in person. It's a little extra bit of precaution and the friend can help you move the machine if you buy it on the spot.
I would suggest the when money changes hands, it's easy for someone to get burned and I wouldn't want this thread to be the cause of that. If you want to work out a deal with someone to pick up a machine for you or pick up a machine for someone else then that is obviously up to you - just be careful. You might even want to draw up a simple contract if you go that route. I know - I probably like legalese less than you. In today's society, it can't hurt as a means to protect your interests.

Craigslist caution is always first priority! But scammers and scumbags typically are selling high-end smaller items, so I don't worry so much in this category... But regardless, i'm always packin', legally of course!
If I was picking up a machine, I would strongly encourage the buyer to pay the seller directly, rather than give me the money. But I assume the only time anyone would ask for my help, would be to scout a game because most CL sellers seem to really suck at taking pictures!!

1 week later
#1442 8 years ago

Glad to see CL posters let there ads linger after selling games......I know it is a problem that will never go away

Nope, it certainly wont... you should only have 2 expectations when it comes to CL sellers...
1. Always assume that the seller is a clueless drooling dipshit, because 80% of them are.
2. Expect that the value of what they're selling is actually 50% or less of the dilutional price they're asking,

#1455 8 years ago

This is interesting... lasvegas.craigslist.org link

Sorry, I dont know the proper formatting... back out the </p> in your browser

#1456 8 years ago
#1462 8 years ago

Are you talking about the Rapid Fire?
lasvegas.craigslist.org link

Yup, kinda cool looking, i've never seen one.

1 week later
#1559 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Lowest price I've seen.
Game/Type: Whirlwind / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1990
Production: 7,304
Cost: $900
Link/Contact: " target="_blank">fortmyers.craigslist.org link
Condition: No Pics! OP: "WORKS GREAT."

I hope someone here gets this, dying to know the real scoop!

1 week later
#1663 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Oh yeah, the first 'pinball for $140' was a Williams Cyclone and the ad is still listed. Amazing! Perhaps the first buyer didn't come through! The contact information was located in the make / manufacturer: section. I don't know if this is Phoenix only, but this is the second ad I've seen. Moral of the story, don't waste your time on these!

Ok, i'm not sure, but you're calling bullshit on these right? The Cyclone ad has pics stolen from a pinsider in Nebraska who's selling that game here and on ebay I believe... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cyclone-williams-1988-1993

#1676 8 years ago

Hey guys, this unit is a bit beyond my knowledge, I was able to find the following info from ipdb, is this worth anything?

Super Star / IPD No. 3892 / 1976 / 1 Player
Manufacturer: Briarwood, A Division Of Brunswick Manufacturing Company (1976-1980)
Type: Electro-mechanical (EM)
Specialty: Non-Commercial Machine [Home Model]
Notable Features: Flippers (4), Pop bumpers (2).

Super_Star_(resized).jpgSuper_Star_(resized).jpg

#1678 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Non-commercial pins don't fetch very much. $200 if fully working and if you want to sit on it a while. $100 and it will probably move.

Kinda what I figured, I know that it's in excellent physical condition, and I was simply told "It's not working".

#1680 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not working? $25-$50.

There you have it! I figured i'd make mention of it in case anyone wanted it, it belongs to someone my wife works with, so I could probably get ahold of it if anyone was interested. I'll tell her to send it to the landfill, end of story. Thanks for the info.

#1684 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Seems like that would be a shame. Surely someone could cough up $25 for it, at least.

Maybe, but who would pay to ship it from Vegas? I definitely don't know of anyone here that would want it. Perhaps i'll just advise her to put in on CL for $50 and wish her luck!

oooh! Maybe i'll tell her to donate it to the Pinball dump of shame! A tax deduction!

1 week later
#1791 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Comet / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1985
Production: 8,100
Cost: $500 OBO
Link/Contact: " target="_blank">hartford.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: " It does not work, the batteries leaked and caused damage to the MPU. I have a spare system 9 MPU with less acid damage. .The playfield has planking, but would clean up well enough to make a solid players game. This will never be a show room piece, but it will present well.
The backglass is very very nice.
The MPU in the game boots to a "0".
For full price I will throw in a spare mpu with much less acid damage."

This is listed in the Pinside market also, for $450. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-comet-williams-1985-1991

5 years later
#20298 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I thought the same thing, but I figured that a 10 year member would have been vetted already- hence the 'possible' project label.
If someone got a $1K FT, the more power to them!

These days, what makes more sense is that the price was a typo... It was probably meant to be $10,000.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 169.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theonlyest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=theonlyest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.