pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG
ww2 (resized).JPG
nne (resized).JPG
19E4C046-C05E-4FCA-8A51-3A8A22907BCD (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5971 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

New worst backglass here:

And I bought it tonight.
I was after the cabinet, which was good enough to salvage for my own projects but far enough gone for me to be ok with using it.
The question now is, what do I do with the guts of an EM that looks to be mostly intact? I'm tempted to cobble together a clear cabinet to make a "visible pinball" machine. Thoughts?

2 months later
#6979 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Data East
Game/Type: Lethal Weapon 3 / SS
Month/Year: 1992
Production: 10,350
Cost: $900
Contact/Link: sacramento.craigslist.org link

OP: Selling my Lethal Weapon 3 pinball machine. Complete minus the trans light art. This is a non working project. Looking to get $900.

#6983 6 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Hey thatonedude what you think of this one pricewise,I'm tempted.

I was talking to him about it earlier, but it's a roll of the dice without being able to boot. If it were a complete machine that at least booted, I would have grabbed it already. I already have 2(well, 3....I have a problem....) projects in motion right now. So, I decided to pass it on to others.
EDIT: I guess I didn't answer your question. At $500 or less, I wouldn't have thought twice. An operator I know didn't think it was worth more than $200 without being able to boot. At $900, that doesn't leave much, if any, wiggle room to fix it and at least come out even on value. So, for me, it wasn't worth it. It may well be a great project machine. I would at least want to open it up and do some initial diagnosis before making an offer.

1 week later
#7100 6 years ago

This showed up in my feed for some reason. Not sure if it's still available but I figured I would link to it. Looks like an EM version of Hot Tip:
springfield.craigslist.org link

#7104 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

It is a 1962 Williams Mardi Gras with a repainted playfield.

Cool. My googling apparently completely failed me.

#7127 6 years ago

Maybe create a map and have people who are willing to do things like that sign up. I would love to help to the extent that I can, given that I don't have a large vehicle or the knowledge and equipment to safely crate a pin.

2 months later
#7835 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Dealer's Choice / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1974
Production: 8,850
Cost: Buy It Now: $200 or Make an offer
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Williams Dealers Choice Pinball Machine Rare Project Or Parts

OP: Partially Works, Flippers Work, Some lights Light up, extra parts, extra light bulbs, some extra rubbers, has original ball, Includes key to open coin box. Has tilt ball, Has all parts. Complete. Owners manual included, not pictured. This machine is showing some wear on the sides, This is a four player electro-mechanical pinball machine. Backglass has a lot of hairline cracks in the paint. Play field glass is in really good shape, only a few scratches. NO key to backdoor, taped in place. Has fading in the Dealers Choice Display, playfield is in pretty good shape and some rust on legs, see pics. Good shape for age. From 70s. 1973?
Sold as is, parts or project - Check out the pictures
SEE ALL PHOTOS FOR DETAILS, ASK ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE PURCHASE. LOACL PICKUP ONLY .CAN MEET FOR SALE.
Local Pickup only

Interesting. Because that same machine is on Craigslist, but it's listed as being in the Hayward area. sfbay.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#7905 6 years ago

This might be interesting. I've never seen one before: sacramento.craigslist.org link

#7909 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's a toy / home version. Not a full coin-op pin.

Right. But it seems to be pretty unique for a home system. From what I read, for example, the entire playfield is molded plastic.
Anyway, I like weird stuff, so it was interesting to me.

1 month later
1 week later
#8214 5 years ago

In addition to the High Speed listed above, he also has a vandalized Party Zone.
sacramento.craigslist.org link

#8243 5 years ago
Quoted from DashingDaryl:

Is this worth anything?

Give him $20, haul it off. Strip everything out of the cabinet(the coin door, lockdown bar, etc, all look good), pull the playfield and hardware in the cab and then crunch the cab up for firewood. If the metal bits under the playfield are anywhere near as nice as the coin door, then you will likely make a profit(or have something nice to trade at the next swap meet).

2 weeks later
#8334 5 years ago

There is a fairly rare(but perhaps not very desirable) Fisher Skyhawk in an auction ending today: https://www.equip-bid.com/auction/3631/item/9996?offset=114

It's in Towanda, Kansas.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#9226 5 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

ey, I watched Knight Rider and it was cheesy fun and it deserves more love than that

I wish they had made a Knight Rider game. This one is just a trucker theme, alas....

1 week later
#9459 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

I messaged the guy with the 9 playfields, he lives in Oakley, CA (east..east bay area). No response.
Maybe someone else has been lucky and received communication from him?
Also, last year, he had several of the cabinets but used the wood to make beverage coasters out of them - posted for sale on facebook.

Yeah, I visited his place last year. He wanted a bit too much for parts, IMO. But he's a good guy. As far as I could tell, he wasn't cutting up anything that was really salvageable. It looks like he might just be clearing out some of the useable parts now.

3 months later
#11116 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I'm on the wrong coast or I'd grab it for you. I'll grab the $500 phoenix on fb for you

I actually wanted to look at that machine, but he won't write me back. I can see that he has read my messages, so it's a bit weird.

3 months later
#11745 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I would be all over this one, but Im on the west coast.

Dammit, so am I. I have a sad little Blackhole lower playfield that could use a home....

3 weeks later
#11899 5 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I did pick up a mostly populated centaur PF a couple years back (with termite hole in back but its been fumagated). Plan to make a game from that but gotta find all the boards, transformer, harness...

Also have an old cyclone pf im working on. If i could do custom art and have a hard top made itd be perfect

You can use aftermarket systems like P-ROC.

1 month later
#12210 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Gone in 30 minutes !!!

He had it up on Facebook marketplace for a day. No boards, lots of corrosion. I offered some cash to grab some of the mounting hardware, but he wasn't interested.

4 months later
#13642 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I have to commend everyone who has driven great lengths to get a pin.

I did a 4 hour round trip for a Gorgar and Viking combo purchase. It wasn't too bad. Got to shoot the shit with one of my teenage kids the whole way. Definitely better to have some company.

1 week later
#13789 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Who scooped up that El Dorado in NJ for $250? Gone in a second. That was the deal of the month.

I just watched a Surf N Safari with dead flippers go for $200. If I hadn't had to work today, I would have been busting my ass to get to it. Alas, I was 2nd in line. :/

#13820 4 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Wow must have missed that one,was it on bay area craigslist?

Yeah, popped up, I responded within a few minutes and was the 2nd in line. First guy was already on the way there. I think it was up north around Santa Rosa. Can't remember the exact city now.

1 month later
#14756 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That would be worth a look. My initial thoughts were that it was stored outside but the cab looks decent enough? Maybe sheltered at the least?

For $150? I think so. Too bad it is on the other side of the country. I just fixed the driver and MPU on a Joker Poker last night, so I'm already in the brainspace for debugging it.

3 months later
#15724 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ve given away 3 free games on here, including a decent GTB Spiderman. Free pins do happen

Indeed, I got a Darling EM for free, which I passed on to a friend. And a free Joker Poker solid state that I fixed and put in a friend's house.
And I've seen a few other free ones go by on craigslist around here over the years.

4 months later
#17133 3 years ago

Too bad I'm so far from Boston. Seems to me that it wouldn't be that hard to redrill the leg holes and build a backbox. I'm always up for rebuilding machines with aftermarket parts(the APC board is dirt cheap, works with MPF and can be adapted to damned near anything), and simple rulesets can be recreated in MPF with very little effort. I'm still hoping for a cocktail project to pop up that I can completely rewire(yeah, I have a sickness).

#17193 3 years ago

If anyone in the SF Bay area would be interested in the cabinet from a Kooky Carnival, let me know. Preferably before bulk trash day.
EDIT: The topper doesn't go with it, but is available to buy. As is the playfield. I'll be listing the TSPP compatible playfield toys shortly.

105952550_279459373166838_2442217534194849882_n (resized).jpg105952550_279459373166838_2442217534194849882_n (resized).jpg

#17281 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

1600 miles one way from Wichita KS to Boca Raton FL. Long trip and no regrets for a great playing hard to find pin.

Damn. I've made similar drives(Lyons to Destin nonstop). Grueling. You must have had a hell of a deal....

3 weeks later
#17783 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

My co-worker bought one of these new and wants me to take it for $100, I said- "youll pay me $100?" lol Are most of the parts on these the same as the full size machine (except the digital displays)?

The boards are unique, the display is unique. Most of the parts are at least roughly equivalent to Ballys of the same age. I got a headless one as my first pinball, and learned a lot getting it working with a modified Open Pinball Project(OPP) setup. Passed it on to someone else who wanted the project after the local high school decided that they didn't have the time for it.

1 week later
#17920 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

yeah was wondering about the museum,drive by there often while working,who do I talk to if I want to inquire about games or parts,do you know jbovenzi ?

Check here: https://www.pacificpinball.org/games

1 week later
#18037 3 years ago

From the owner:
"I’d like to get 450. Everything works, the only problems are it didn’t light up (came out of a storage locker) not sure if there is a switch for that or fuse or what. Also didn’t find the legs for it. Other than that the condition seems good, it even has a manual thing in it "

#18044 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Williams Big Deal at a storage liquidation: modesto.craigslist.org link

That's the same one as listed in the above estate sale link, if I'm not mistaken.

#18120 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have seen the occasional piece of wooden furniture living outside on the porches of the USA for years. In Arkansas ,you will see old commodes used for flower pots---in the front yard.

I had a bunch of adirondack chairs that we built sitting on my porch for years. Lots of people just brought old dining room chairs outside when they got a new set.
And my wife's grandmother had a toilet with flowers in the front yard. She was kinda cantankerous, so I used to joke that it was the guest bathroom.
All of that in small town Kansas.
In Louisiana, all of the Cajun families I knew kept an old wooden dining table outside. On special occasions, it was dusted off, covered with newspaper and freshly boiled crabs or crawfish were dumped out on it. Gluttony would ensue.

3 weeks later
#18449 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

We currently have an AQI of 5 in the valley. Hasn't been that good in a month

We actually got to go on a bike ride last night without choking on ash. I can see Mount Diablo now. Well, it will be visible until some other moron decides to light a fire during wildfire season......

2 months later
#19052 3 years ago

I noticed this. Looks like a project Space Shuttle. No idea on price or condition. Irwin, PA.
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

#19060 3 years ago

I've got a Darling project that I'll be picking up soon. If someone is local and looking for a cheap EM project, I'll be happy to pass it along.
EDIT:
I suppose that if someone wanted to ship it somewhere, I could help. And, of course, if you are in the surrounding areas and have a truck moving through soon, I'll help however I can.

#19062 3 years ago

A couple of Full House's and a playfield near Denver(I think):
denver.craigslist.org link

#19116 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

A family friend grew up in and left the Amish life. The stories he told me were outlandish and enlightening.

I used to think they were a cool subculture, until I did some database work for a school district with a large population. Once I heard how they screwed their kids over RE: education, I was disabused of that illusion.

#19118 3 years ago

My grandad used to haunt auctions. He would bid on things and stuff them in some old houses he owned. We had to clean those out eventually. Just random stuff, like a control panel from the White Sand nuclear testing facility. One time, he idly bid on a house for $3k, and accidentally won it. And that house is the one he offered to my parents when they were thinking about moving back to Kansas, so I guess it was a good thing, as that is where I met my lovely wife....

1 week later
#19181 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

There’s a new guy making Williams boards. I don’t know if he’s making system 9 mpus yet.

You can make one for yourself, in fact: https://github.com/AmokSolderer/APC

#19184 3 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

That's super cool. Had no idea about that. Now I want to build one.

I will probably have a v2.4 for sale. I decided to move to a P-ROC on my project.

1 week later
#19201 3 years ago

$400 Firepower in Panama City, Florida.

panamacity.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#19688 3 years ago

Project Mata Hari.
They are asking for offers.
Osceola, Missouri
kansascity.craigslist.org link

mh_1 (resized).jpegmh_1 (resized).jpegmh_2 (resized).jpegmh_2 (resized).jpeg
#19694 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Weird, when I click that link, there aren't any pictures.

No, I emailed them and got the photos, so I thought I would share.

1 week later
#19793 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Where are all the California EM project deals?

I think someone just posted some EM collection on either California or NorCal threads.

1 week later
#19888 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Not here. I know someone with an empty lw3 cabinet too.

Mental note: tell my Kansas based family to start collecting games for me...

1 week later
#20025 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Unfortunately, typically I’ll never get my money back.

I look at this way: am I enjoying the games while I own them? How much would it cost if I were, say, renting these things from someone? If I were doing this to make a living, it would be a very different calculation. As long as I'm pretty much breaking even on the cash investment, my time is justified by the satisfaction of the work I did for myself.

1 week later
#20151 2 years ago

I vote Williams system 3 - 7. Lots of available parts, and they are not hard to debug.

#20154 2 years ago

I think that that generation of pinball is about the best ratio of ease of repair to fun. Something like Gorgar or Blackout will have some legs beyond the initial thrill of the game. If he decides he wants to learn more, you can also easily swap the MPU for an APC board and write your own rules for the game.
I learned to fix pinballs on a Gorgar and played that beast for years.

2 weeks later
#20232 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I wish I was brave enough to take it on. But without a reference working WOZ, I know I'd end up with a pinball machine sized paper weight. I'm sure someone will snatch it up

I would buy it in a heartbeat if it were local.

#20284 2 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Few games beg for better code more than Raven.

I'd love to give it a shot. Stuff an APC board in there and work on adapting the harness. Then, you can code up new rules in MPF.

#20286 2 years ago
Quoted from caseydanger:

Not sure if this is still valid, but an alternative to the APC? https://lisy.dev/lisy80.html

Even easier!

3 weeks later
1 week later
#20550 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

you pm me a list of pins you've been desperately looking for, your maximum one way drive you're willing to drive for them...and I'll post projects that are at least 500 miles farther away than you're willing to drive.

nubnub.gifnubnub.gif
#20566 2 years ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

Looks like it has been sitting outside for years, but it is FREE if anyone could use the parts.

I could definitely use the parts, but I'm in the SF bay area. I've got a guy who can bring it to me, but I haven't heard back from the seller(giver?) yet.

1 week later
#20708 2 years ago

<edit>Nevermind, I obviously can't read today. Still can't find it though

#20755 2 years ago
Quoted from Hairball:

I know this one gets a lot of hate, but I played the crap out of this at the local Circus and would love one. The usual “too far” comment…

I don't know why it gets hate. I rebuilt one, and it's a great game. I would buy this in a heartbeat if it were nearby.

1 week later
#20812 2 years ago

Solar city in Denver area
$250

denver.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#20857 2 years ago

Grand Prix, Williams 1976
Windsor, CA
$1000/obo
sfbay.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#21108 2 years ago

Flash Gordon in Texas for $325.
https://offerup.com/item/detail/1255237318

#21116 2 years ago

You could use an APC board to replace a sys11 MPU. Fairly cheap and easy to build.

2 weeks later
#21223 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE - Today TH 08/26 - SAT 08/28

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Playboy / SS
Month/Year: December 1978
Production: 18,250
Contact/Link: https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Escondido/92025/3009108

This one is already sold.

1 week later
#21290 2 years ago

If I could get that to norcal without paying 2x that amount, I'd consider it. I've got 3 populated playfields that would be happy to come back to life in a Frankenstein cab.

#21329 2 years ago

A Meteor playfield in a Gottlieb cabinet for $50.
carbondale.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
#21514 2 years ago

If someone is looking for Bally Home pins, here is a 2 for 1 deal in Highland, Indiana:
ebay.com link: itm

4 weeks later
#21681 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's ruthless here in the wild wild midwest when it comes to project games like this.

I am currently stuck in Kansas, and struck up a conversation with a guy selling a Firepower in Wichita. The pricing here seems to be on-par or even higher in some cases than the west coast, which caught me by surprise. We started chatting about pinball, so that was cool.

The aforementioned firepower project: wichita.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#21805 2 years ago
Quoted from Skidave:

Most call mouse turds gross. I call it affordable.

That's like a coupon, right?
EDIT: Sorry, it's right there. I can't help it.
A POOP-ON COUPON!!

3 weeks later
#21924 2 years ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

Stern Stingray
$100
Berwick, ME
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/763186548411909/

I can’t believe I’m not going for this.

*sigh* Too far, or I would want this, just for the theme. Anyone want to help me out?

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#22222 2 years ago

These days, pretty much any solid state is salvageable if you want to put in the work. I just gutted and rebuilt the control system for a Middle Earth and it's a much better game at this point, with some objectives. I'm about to bring an F-14 playfield back to life the same way, starting with nothing but a populated playfield(with the idea that I'll eventually retheme it to Top Gun).
So, as a parts fanatic, if those were in my backyard, I'd be all about that.

2 months later
#22896 1 year ago

The laser cure is showing 1000 for me, so maybe that was a typo.

#22912 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Oh I know - it just emphasizes what a pinball desert is on the west coast.

It's funny, because I would think that California is definitely not a desert.

#22925 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

For project pins in So Cal? What site have I missed?

Well, I'm looking more at the northern and central parts of the coast.

4 months later
#23752 1 year ago

Free Williams rails and a free cabinet. Looks like it includes a transformer in the cabinet. Near Portland, OR.
portland.craigslist.org link

And another cabinet in the same general area:
portland.craigslist.org link

2 months later
#23977 1 year ago

Just posted a project Space Station in the SF Bay Area.

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Selling my Space Station project. Came in very rough, mostly finished now. It's partially dismantled as I am in the middle of shopping it. Still waiting on a couple of parts for th...”
2022-12-03
San Ramon, CA
1,650 (OBO)
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 681 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 month later
#24072 1 year ago

They said it was sold when I asked.

1 week later
#24107 1 year ago

Don’t tell me they actually leave it outside...?

Probably. I opted not to go, even though I'd love to remake this machine if I had the playfield.

#24116 1 year ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

If all the mechs are there it is worth the trouble. 6 spot drops, pops, slings, flippers, gate and a pop out hole? Yeah, I could use all of that on another build!

Absolutely. But I don't have room for another in depth project, or to store anything else right now, and it's a 2.5 hour drive one way for me right now. I think some locals are going to grab it.

#24145 1 year ago

There is a fairly rare Allied Leisure "Dyn O Mite" on FB right now in PA.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/562554789035498

1 month later
#24383 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Home model "Big Top". The commercial version is a dog, so the home model can't be very good. For $30, it might be worth it as a kid's first pin.

For the price of a cobrapin, some displays and some wiring, you could give it some decent game play.

2 months later
#24694 9 months ago

I would buy that jokerz for that price. Maybe the baywatch, too. I miss my baywatch, and jokerz is a constant favorite at my parties.
Of course, VA is a bit of a long haul to drive from CA.

1 week later
#24730 9 months ago

Screenshot_20230611-103157_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230611-103157_Chrome (resized).jpg
https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/969878447494037/

#24731 9 months ago

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/765374858440572/

Screenshot_20230611-103442_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230611-103442_Chrome (resized).jpg
6 months later
#25534 3 months ago

Exactly the price I’d pay for one of those. Art is beautiful but the game could benefit from better rules, probably a custom Pi controller

I replaced the mpu on a middle earth with a cobrapin. Wasn't the easiest, but it made for an enjoyable game.

#25584 85 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Myself have played several and did not like how they played. There was notable "backspin off the slings" that would cause the ball to react in a very unpredictable manner. I have tried a few at pinball shows and in every case it was a negative experience.
That being said, I would consider one if there was no other option and as a test I'm going to be building a Fathom in the next month that will have a protector made of the same materiel as a hardtop so consider it a "long term" road test to see if my experience is validated.

Interesting. Is that the main issue? Maybe it would make sense to have a "low rider" sling bracket made that would mitigate the issue.
Edit: actually, now that think about it, the arm is likely easier to change than the bracket.

#25589 85 days ago

It kinda sounds like a business opportunity. Some of it could be simple, like shims for the sling posts to raise the rubbers, slightly longer switches, etc.

2 months later
#25884 23 days ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Load it up, head straight to the dump, take boards out of it, deposit the rest at the dump.

Maybe ditch the cab, but I'd keep everything else.

1 week later
#25963 9 days ago

Not sure of its visible to everyone, but there are some bingo machines for sale in Novato, CA.
https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/382192281287847/?ref=search

Screenshot_20240318_092142_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240318_092142_Chrome (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.