IMG_0158 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbaum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10692 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

PLAYFIELDS - NOS
Evel Knievel
Skateball
Star Trek
Rolling Stones
Silverball Mania
Cost: Make Offer
Contact/Link: milwaukee.craigslist.org link
OP: New old stock Pinball playfields. MAKE OFFERS. These have never been used and have in safe storage for 30+ years. Please call 7ONE5 - SEVEN5FOUR - 5SEVEN5EIGHT. Please, no low-ball offers. If they don't sell quick, I will be listing these on ebay.
I can deliver, within reason if necessary.

Does anyone know what a reasonable offer for one of these might be?

1 week later
#10770 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

If anyone is curious, I went to this today and it sold for $3000.00 after the estate sale was over in after-hour bidding. And this was after the pin being listed at the estate sale for a whopping $6000!! It was in very nice shape, everything worked, no major cabinet dings or scratches, perfect backglass, and the playfield I'd say was a 9/10. Lola backglass with Marilyn on the playfield. I was in it up to $1700 - I would've gone a little more if it was a title I really wanted, but not $3K.

This is really valuable information - I was wondering how much machines went for at these. Did the person seem to know much about pinball, or was it just someone wanting a machine?

#10774 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I didn't see any of the people who made bids (you dropped a piece of paper in a drop box near the dealer's table), but I did see a few folks during the 90 minutes I was there milling about around it and playing it. For the time I was there, I was the only person who opened it up and looked at the playfield underside and the boards in the backbox. It probably went to someone just wanting a machine.

I feel like that can go both ways. Someone overpays for a Taxi, or you get a #CFTBL for the same price... definitely need to check one out if there's a decent machine up for sale

1 week later
#10897 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I know a pretty major collector in Boise. Can't believe he missed it. Maybe he already has one

I'm only a 25 hour drive away...

#10905 5 years ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

dallas.craigslist.org link
$350 Houdini. Seems legit.

I think this is a scam where they say they "just sold it" - but you too can get a great deal on a new pinball machine from... scammybiddingsite.com

1 week later
#10970 5 years ago

Figure I could add a few since everyone else has been so helpful, it's next month, but why not get a head start:

Estate Sale
Game: Jacks Open
Price: ???
Notes:

The address for this sale in La Grange, IL 60525 will be available after 9:00am on Thursday, November 29th, 2018.

https://www.estatesales.net/IL/La-Grange/60525/2031027

#10971 5 years ago

Estate Sale
Game: Jive Time ss
Year: 1970
Sale: Nov 1st

Comments (from me): No idea condition, looks like it needs a serious shop job though

https://www.estatesales.net/MO/Madison/65263/2042277

#10988 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Wild Card / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1977
Production: 901 (!)
Cost: $750 or trade
Seller: Jason Lillis
Contact/Link: Pinball machine...($750 or trade for full size LED amber lightbar with traffic advisor for truck) 1977 Williams Wild Card, works, but a solenoid is currently stuck. Has button for free play. Have key and original schematic. Cabinet was repainted before I bought it. Not perfect, but it’s fun to play.
OP:

Is this a Craigslist ad?

#10990 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Facebook Marketplace

Seems like a cool pin, and I'll be in Milwaukee in 2 weeks - might reach out, thanks!

(would be my first pin, if I don't get the other one I'm angling for first).

Seems a bit high for an EM - but I guess that's a premium for its rarity?

1 week later
#11076 5 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Abra Ca Dabra !
Month/Year: August 1975
Production: 2,585
Cost: $625 OBO

chicago.craigslist.org link

OP: 1978 Gottlieb Abra Ca Dabra. Needs cosmetic help. Comes with schematic and ring kit. Plays through a game but needs to be shopped. $625. I also have a new Shay backglass for this game. Take both for $800

7 months later
#12883 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

If it was local I would have been trying to buy it, and you would have posted it for all my fellow Georgia collectors to see lol

I'm about 2 hours away and considering it - what do you think is a decent low offer on this?

3 weeks later
#13298 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I usually don't post much from my FB page (I assume a lot of you are members already), but I like to share some of the nice ones.
I'm glad you made a deal on it.

I'm not in Facebook, so I always appreciate the posts. If it looks like something I'd want I can all my wife to wow to them.

#13310 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What pins are you looking for?

Mostly just a fun cheap EM. Already have fish tales as my "earlier" SS machine (seriously thinking about the new JP). I like to tinker with electronics and there are a bunch of guys in my pinball league who work on machines, so I figure it's a good project to have (and get obsessed with).

2 weeks later
#13657 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Drop Out Golf Game
Never seen something like this. Could be interesting
https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1219148834958771

There's one at the bar near my house... it's fun - think skeball with a putter

#13679 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Here's the other machine. (I hate working on a laptop on my lap!) Bad pics, don't know condition
PINBALL, FURNITURE, TOOLS,COLLECTABLES
View Photo Gallery
Coker Auction Service FARMERSVILLE , IL Sat Aug 31 - 10:00AM[quoted image]

I'm actually driving right past here in my way to pick up another machine. I'll check it out, but from the website they seem to think a #tz sells for $14k so who knows what the process well be like

#13683 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Tabaum -I agree with your assessment, but it is worth checking out. Since it’s an auction, you never know. The pics were terrible, so if you see them, please provide an opinion on condition.

For an auction, do I need to be there at 10? I was likely going to pass by around noon.

#13807 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Just a follow up on the auction I mentioned. Congrats to a fellow pinsider who got Twilight Zone for $6500 - it was immaculate. Supposedly HUO, but since it was missing the power ball, I wonder. However, that being said, it looked like HUO. I've attached a pic of the ball shooter lane and part of the playfield.
The cocktail pin was a Circa 1933, and was advertised as non working during the auction. It had a broken plastic, and everything had double rings that were showing a lot of age. It will probably clean up well, but its still a cocktail pin. It went for $150.
PS - I now know that there are other threads for non project machines that i will use in the future, however, I wanted to finish this out since I had put the auction in this string.[quoted image][quoted image]

I appreciated the heads up on that Bill (even if I didn't win the bidding)! It was nice to meet you at the auction as well.

What thread is best for tracking actions like that? It seems like estate sales come up on this one all the time.

#13808 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Lady Luck minor project for $600 in Fargo.
Looks to be in decent shape too, except some peeling art on one side of the cabinet.
fargo.craigslist.org link
-Hans

Makes me feel much better for buying mine today for $400

1 month later
#14438 4 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

LOL... I quoted the wrong one. Yeah, Those link ok, just most of the FB ones you do, don't like my account. No big deal.

These Facebook posts are the only reason I wish I had an account

9 months later
#17268 3 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Come on man, you can do 600 miles!

I just wrote and am 300+ miles away

#17279 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

"Free"...... currently equals $600.00.

Yeah it was $600 when I pinged them... a bit too far for that (especially as it will only go up)

1 week later
#17534 3 years ago

#sorcerer
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99589
$800

Not a bad price, but no pics yet

#17553 3 years ago

Based on that listing description, I'm assuming that's going to be a very over priced machine

#17645 3 years ago

Hey all - I know the current machine I'm buying isn't a project, but I lurk on this thread a lot, and figure given the number of machines you pick up, you would have some good knowledge on this subject.

I'm aking the plunge and buying my next pinball machine (Iron Maiden). I need to pick it up and transport it myself. Also need to move one of my other machines to the basement - an old EM that I need to do work on (Lady Luck), but will probably leave there to play one fixed.

Given that I need to move machines in and out of the house and down about 6 stairs what the best hand truck/dolly to buy? I would say that I will pick up another one or two in the next year and they will go in the basement. I see myself occasionally trading one as I feel the need to refresh the lineup - and or pick up new projects from this thread.

Any advice would be appreciated.

#17647 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Buy an appliance dolly. It has runners on the back that will help you slide it up and down stairs. It also has an adjustable ratcheting strap to hold the pin firmly to the dolly. Get a friend to come over when moving a pin into or out of your basement, and when going to buy a pin. Great way to introduce a friend to the hobby.

Perfect that was my thinking too. Going to decide between a Milwaukee one from Home Depot and this one from Harbor Freight

#17649 3 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

I bought this one and the stair runners were inadequate, I would not use it on my hardwood stairs for fear of damage.
Might have worked fine on carpet steps. ??

Oh good to know!

#17662 3 years ago

#grand-prix-williams
Sparta, MI
$900
Seems a bit expensive, but might be just a blown fuse (just outside my current radius)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99908

#17697 3 years ago

I have another transporting pin question, since I'm guessing the people on here move pins more than most
I'm picking up an Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) on the weekend and there's a chance of light rain. I need to get the machine about 30 feet from the person's house to my van. Should I bring one of those plastic covers for mattresses or anything to cover the machine? Any other suggestions?

#17699 3 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I think the answer to your question is dependent on how you answer this question: What would you do if you were moving a fine piece of furniture?

I figured plastic was the way to go (in addition to the normal foam between the head and plastic wrap), but just wanted to know if anyone had a best practice - like a particular type of cover/wrap had worked really well for you in the past.

#17701 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Buy a roll of shrink film at Home Depot, Lowe’s, Harbor Freight, etc. Shrink the game before taking it outside.

Perfect - I already have a bunch

#17704 3 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Tbaum -
Since its only 30', I would drape it in a large drop plastic drop cloth, wrap well, and go when the rain lets up. The rain has been spotty heavy over here, and I suspect it will be the same where you're at.
I assume your able to get it into the van quickly, and have the luxury of waiting out the rain before removing it from the van.
Personally, I like pool noodles cut in half for all edges, and the idea of shrink wrapping, but sometimes shrink wrapping is a real pain.
I did have some experience with rain - I sold a Firepower to someone in Elgin, and was taking it up there in the bed of a truck. I had it wrapped in a plastic drop cloth, held in place with duct tape and bungee cords, and sitting on 2 X 4s. The same storm that partially flattened East Peoria struck while I was on the interstate near Bloomington. I pulled of the interstate, waited it out, and continued. When I got there, I was expecting a disaster, but instead, there was barely any water on it, and I was able to remove all evidence of water using a washcloth - it was damp, but not dripping wet. So, a well wrapped machine will be just fine.

Perfect - really appreciate the advice!

4 months later
#19038 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like it can be lifted out of that housing... but who knows

2 weeks later
#19158 3 years ago

Generally a lurker on here, but wanted to ask a quick repair question. Is there a recommended ratchet screwdriver with bits set I should get to work on my Bally Williams machines (or should I just get the bits for my drill)? I was putting LEDs in and I need to detach a few of the light housings to get to them under the playfield. Do people have proffered tools?

#19161 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Screwdrivers and nutdrivers should handle nearly any of those situations.

Thanks, I'm guessing I can/should look for ones that are magnetized so I don't drop anything? Would that cause any risks with a machine?

Again apologies for posting here, I just figured since this is a project pins thread, many of you would have a lot of experience working on pins.

#19164 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This is a thread for buying/selling project games.
I would recommend starting a new thread with your questions--you will likely be able to have a more thorough discussion there.

Will do thanks!

#19166 3 years ago

As an aside, I did find a perfect answer on another thread after diving through the forums a bit more. Thanks all and apologies for the off topic post.

#19171 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Me: Searches for bingo “pinball machine”.
atlanta.craigslist.org link
Buy this so that we can get this long term CL ad off of my local email notification list. Just kidding?

Even I know better than to buy one of those machines

1 month later
#19399 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I dont usually post auctions, but there are some decent looking pins for auction in Portage, Wi with shipping available.
Astro
Playboy
Evel Knievel
Target Alpha
Triple Strike
Lucky Ace
Fleet Jr
https://hameleauctions.hibid.com/catalog/259403/-8-dennis-worthy-estate--pinstripe-art--and-pinball-online-onl/?q=pinball

I just saw this too - I'm seriously considering bidding on the Evel but I'm sure the bidding will get high. If you do an e-check then the commission drops to 10%

1 month later
#19743 3 years ago

#ledzepplin for sale
Not a project, but wow that's a quick turnaround... not sure you'll get lucky like that Star Wars from last week
https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Hagerstown/21740/2804916

3 weeks later
1 month later
#20321 2 years ago

I miss out on so many deals as I'm not on FB, so this is one of the only places I have to find out what might be going on. I occasionally do the CL refreshing, but living in the middle of Illinois, there just aren't a lot of chances to beat out the people in Chicago

2 weeks later
#20438 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE - FRI 05/14 - SUN 05/16
Space Odyssey
#harlem
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Bannockburn, IL
Contact/Link: https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Bannockburn/60015/2852523

Just called them to inquire. None of them quite work, but they've had a bunch of inquiries. They think they'll price the #T2 at $2000

#20444 2 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

These have buy it now prices as of now.
Space Odyssey $600
Harlem Globetrotters On Tour $1500
Terminator 2: Judgment Day $2000

Seems a bit high for a busted Globetrotters but who knows

1 week later
#20510 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE - FRI 05/21 - SUN 05/23
Sale will have multiple pinball machines, and it's an expensive house. I've asked for a list of pins.
West Bloomfield, MI
https://www.estatesales.net/MI/West-Bloomfield/48324/2894079

Looks like Swinger and Jungle from the pictures that are now up

#20511 2 years ago

Estate Sale of Dal Winslow of the Trashmen
Andover, Minnesota
FunHouse
Eight Ball Deluxe
Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy
Surf Champ

1 week later
#20599 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE - SUN 06/06
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Flash / SS
Year: January 1979
Production: 19,505
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Highland-Park/60035/2912667

Looks like it is missing its headbox

2 weeks later
#20782 2 years ago

Hi all - I'm looking at picking up a project Jungle Lord, but not sure if it will fit in my vehicle. Does anyone know the dimensions of it with head down/off? Or a similar Williams of the time (I assume it and Grand Lizard are very similar in dimensions).

2 weeks later
#20872 2 years ago

Game:#black-knight

https://www.estatesales.net/TN/Eagleville/37060/2944902?utm_source=treasure_tracker&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=found_treasure&utm_term=pinball

Notes: Playfield looks very worn, they called it Black Wizard so they clearly don't know much about it

2 months later
#21449 2 years ago

https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Dayton/77535/3052458

Lots of machine up for auction here:
Bally Wizard Pinball Machine
Bally Fireball Pinball Machine
Bally Star-Jet Pinball Machine
Bally Xenon Pinball Machine
Among others

#21451 2 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

A lot of good titles there, wish I was closer…
Can someone post the sold prices when it’s done? Also would like to know what kind of shape the Star-Jet is in.

I thought the same thing - I was looking at the Star-Jet and Xenon

#21517 2 years ago

Is hibid.com down for everyone else? I was following a machine on there, but I haven't been able to access the site for a few days now.

#21522 2 years ago
Quoted from KevinD:

It is working fine for me.

Weird - must be something about my browser

#21527 2 years ago
Quoted from reet:

Their parent company got hit by a ransomware attack this weekend. Just came back up this evening.

Ah makes sense - it's back up now for me too now

3 months later
#22044 2 years ago

Just wrote to him - 30 miles from my house (fingers crossed)

#22049 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Good luck! The machine being outside is concerning.

I saw that - but it looks like it was a garage or storage being cleared out, so I'm hoping I'm lucky

#22051 2 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

20 hours is a long time for a game like this to stay out there. Hopefully the eller was overwhelmed by the initial influx of messages, and will come back this morning to your message first. It has happened to me before. Good luck!

Yeah I should have jumped on it yesterday, but I'm also dealing with a newborn

3 weeks later
2 months later
10 months later
#24332 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

That's not a steal!

Yeah I didn't think so either, but figured if someone really wanted it, they could try offering a more fair price. I wish the Centaur beside it was available.

1 month later
7 months later
#25203 5 months ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Here are the pics from that listing - kinda hard to tell what exactly happened. Note the missing PF glass too indicating "trauma"? Or they needed the glass for something else - I noticed the leg bolts were also swapped from the factory bolts to random bolts.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The odds of that actually working with just a new headbox seems VERY low.

2 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 169.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbaum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=tbaum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.