IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radial_head.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17873 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Boards are green

Yeah what could that even mean. Battery puke is a bummer. Thinking about this one...

#17916 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Eight Ball
High Speed
For sale here....
https://www.estatesales.net/NH/Rye/03870/2627589
Me: from the looks of the pins in the pics- these are definitely projects....each looks to have multiple issues....

That's literally right down the road from my office. I'll probably go check em out. Eight Ball seems to be in nice condition...

1 week later
#18042 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

What is the chance that THIS is actual picture of the machine ??

0%.

#18048 3 years ago
Quoted from Ritewing:

Here is a project we all want to jump in on.
Who gets there first?
Card Trix
Williams EM
$100
Apalachin, NY
From the owner: "Needs fixing up but the bones seem good."
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/951368645363558/
Bob

My condolences to the family of whoever gets ax murdered picking up this pin.

#18111 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

What's bizarre is that it was like 3 minutes away from me. I search for arcade games and pinball games on Facebook, have alerts set up, but I don't see it at all. Then I see the word Belpre as I am scrolling by on Pinside and it's like what the hell?
Anyway...

Love seeing pinheads helping pinheads out with deals. Great grab. I would love to play one of these sometime. Art package is kind of dorky but the gameplay looks cool!

#18195 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Strikes and Spares
Skylab
Harlem Globetrotters On Tour
Royal Flush
World Cup Soccer
Delta Queen
Arcade and Americana Auction
by Jaybird Auctions
Sep 17, 2020 | 7:00 PM
www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3467734.html

I've been really interested by Jaybird Auctions. They post a LOT of pins over time and I'm curious what the actual prices end up going for. Some fairly good stock from time to time.

#18201 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

they over charge on everything, coin op warehouse, jaybird, hub city you name it, not a deal to be had. i avoid them like the plague.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

Jaybird Auctions is Lloyd's daughter and a good many of the machines and stuff sold are from Coinopwarehouse. Not saying that is a good (or bad) thing just figured I would give some "history" to where that inventory keeps coming from. Over the years Lloyd & his family have branched out in many different directions. But from my recent experiences with his stuff typically it is selling for top dollar (plus some).

Thanks for all the insider info people! I've seen a *few* deals pop up on Invaluable but never followed anything on AuctionZip.

#18207 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

So in case anyone cares. There is no starting bid on these...I called and asked. Also Brewer,ME is in the middle of nowhere. My in-laws live nearby. So you have a pretty good chance of scoring a good deal if you want either one of these.

Hmmmmmmm I do need to bring my pedal steel up to Bangor soon so maybe I"ll make the trip for that big shot. Bummer that the front of the cabinet is so destroyed and that there's no playfield pictures.

Edit: somewhere between "holy shit" and "my god" and "why the hell would anybody do this" turns out they used to hang these two games FROM THE GOD DAMNED CEILING. I literally cannot think of a more useless, dangerous, and completely insane use of a pinball machine.

28121_389408789489_7006887_n (resized).jpg28121_389408789489_7006887_n (resized).jpg

#18214 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Useless = subjective term. One man's meat is another man's poison.
dangerous = not if they are suspended properly.
Completely insane = subjective term. They look to be hung intact. I would be overjoyed is one of my grail pins was hung up like that, not being used, and very little wear on the play field.

I guess so. But I sure as hell wouldn't sit under those. I may go check this one out. Big Shot is on my list of games I like a lot and wouldn't mind having. Love 2 player games.

#18253 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

For those considering going to the auction. There is also an Airport for sale in town as well
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3235450616573311/

Always blows my mind when someone lists something for sale with the old price tag still on it. I would assume its the same one that was for sale a few years ago here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/25366

Not a particularly valuable game either.

1 week later
#18399 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

A couple projects on Mr Pinball this AM:
Ready Aim Fire, 1983 Gottlieb: 900.00
Rare game only 390 made. Backglass has some flaking still looks good. Good playfield & cabinet. Looks complete clean boards have not tested. Not a Gottlieb guy. Open to trades if local.
Chuck Phone: 401-871-5715
[email protected], Johnston, Rhode Island 02919
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Circus, 1957 Gottlieb: 350
Project. Good cabinet & playfield. Bad backglass. Needs plastics. No back door.
Chuck
[email protected], Johnston, Rhode Island 02919

That was a quick flip.....

Never bought form this person, but have gone back and forth with them on a few sales. Seems like this person gets to every steal before I can.

#18401 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Ready aim fire is worth like $200. It’s the lowest rated Gottlieb sys80a

Which is about what I think it sold for when this person bought it (or I mean I refuse to think that a really rare game went up for sale, sold, and then ANOTHER one shows up in a 60 mile radius by coincidence....)

#18403 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Sounds like the flipper in Enfield CT. He brags that he’s bought 140+ pins/arcades year to date and flips everything that he buys, sometimes the same day that he buys it.

Yeah. I will say that Brian seems to at least get a lot of finds that aren't listed. I think he's got a pretty well known reputation of "guy who buys pins" and they kind of just come his way in a lot of ways (and posts lots of "pinball wanted" ads and what not). I will say, Brian has never beat me to a deal I've wanted, but that guy in Rhode Island has.

3 weeks later
#18646 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

It was 1st listed 10/19/2017.

I never really understand getting in bidding wars for peanuts and undesirable projects. Sure, you list a Seawitch at $300 and you enter a bidding war to let it go at $1,500, but for a game like Cleopatra, I just don't understand playing with people for something you really apparently need to get rid of.

#18680 3 years ago

#spy-hunter in Dillsburg PA. Listed 40 minutes ago for $450

Might be the same one that was listed a bit ago somewhere else?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/351409182732088

1 week later
#18725 3 years ago

Quick Draw in New Bloomfield PA
https://www.facebook.com/groups/630406413802349?view=permalink&id=1748221318687514
Tall ask but anybody local to that area able to grab and store this for me?

1 week later
#18796 3 years ago

This has to be one of you buy holy SHIT that's a lot of parts for not a lot of money.

boston.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#18825 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Quick Draw
For sale here.....they say it works, but i dont see any lights, definitely a project...
https://www.estatesales.net/MA/Reading/01867/2692098

Calling in about this one today. Thanks for the tip. Hoping to own all of the 2 player western themed Gottliebs.

#18827 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Hope you get it and damp basement life didnt do too much damage!
Good luck!

The inside of the legs don't look rusted or corroded at all... so hoping that's a good sign.

2 weeks later
#18938 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Yeah. It will need some love. Someone will scoop it up though.

If I were closer and in need of another project I would scoop that one in a heartbeat. Even in rough shape, it's rare to find one of those sub $1k these days.

4 weeks later
#19222 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

You want it? I’ll go get it for you. Look at the PF first. Geesh.

Maybe I’ll take you up on that!!! Texting them now.

#19260 3 years ago

#prospector on Facebook Marketplace in Malden, MA. Person apparently just really wants it gone.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/309115847189944/

#19262 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

It was listed in one ad as $400 11 hours ago. Then they relisted in a new ad for $350 an hour ago.
“Motivated seller”

The lock on the backdoor needs to be drilled. The person who showed up didn't have a drill and couldn't take the head off and therefore couldn't take it. Amateur hour if you ask me. Any time I pick up a pin from a non-pinhead, I always bring a drill. Hell, I bring my travel toolbox every time I pick up a pin.

#19265 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I also bring lock sets. That way if I have to drill out a coin door, I can replace the lock in two minutes, and I don't have to listen to the coin door swing open and shut for 350 miles like I did with my second purchase.

Packing tape does a pretty good job too haha

#19269 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I contacted the seller 2 hours after his post. He said that he's already working with someone on the whole package. I thought about asking you to go in on it with me, but none of those games are in better condition than yours. They look pretty rough for the most part.

I offered on the whole lot but he wanted $2,700 and I passed on that. Most of those games are reaaaaally rough. I was interested in BaB, TP and Aquarius, but the rest are games that don't interest me and seems like piecing those rougher ones out at $400 a piece would be a chore.

#19293 3 years ago

Wish this was closer. This should clean up nicely. Would the S in the top left indicate a sample game?

4 weeks later
#19548 3 years ago

Big ups/a shaken fist at whoever got that $300 bank a ball

1 month later
#19944 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Genie in Cape Cod, $300.

Emailed. We'll see what happens here. Beast of a game to move.

Always funny to me what does and does not find itself crossposted/crosssearched in the Boston/Cape Cod/Central Mass/North Shore CLs. Find some of my best deals that way.

#19947 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I was thinking about it but those early Gottlieb electronic noises..

Personally I love the "equal temperament arpeggio" featured Genie/Hulk and other Sys1 sound board sets. I'd take it over the boring collect sounds of Spiderman or Count Down

#20112 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2325224994265608/

Cheapish firepower project with a seemingly ok playfield. Usually that bonus area is trash. Buxton Maine

#20115 3 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

"D. Gottlieb playboard simulator, driver board tester, front door simulator. Not tested but appears to be in good condition. Instruction book included. $150 OBO"

Damn now that's cool.

1 month later
#20519 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

$300 would be generous for that!

Which is exactly what I offered him when he posted it.

1 week later
#20575 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Everyone who is hunting for cheap classic Sterns—don’t sleep on Dracula. It’s a pretty fun game.

But generally unplayable if you have relative/perfect pitch. Good thing you can turn the sound off.

#20580 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If you've got perfect pitch you can go tune the sounds

Can you seriously go in and tune each individual sound?

The issue is that the notes of the triad are designed to be musical but are out of tune from one another in an egregious way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radial_head.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=radial_head and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.