Topic Stats

• 14,127 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by bluespin
  • Topic is favorited by 418 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,167 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190906_135536 (resized).jpg
20190906_135546 (resized).jpg
20190906_140725-1 (resized).jpg
01B6FA2A-3BE0-46A2-AE70-8AE34EE6A39A (resized).jpeg
6B6C64D6-4C94-4514-A893-8F913E58B26F (resized).jpeg
20190910_143537 (resized).jpg
20190907_145622 (resized).jpg
20190909_135300 (resized).jpg
20190903_151243 (resized).jpg
20190901_235037 (resized).jpg
Message_1567399830129 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-09-01-23-47-34 (resized).png
Tropicana (resized).JPG
Meteor (resized).JPG
3 Jokers (resized).jpg
1676EF9A-3E8D-4D3C-8E7E-5BF4973AAD29 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicovolta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Pioneer / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: March 1976
Production: 3,625
Cost: $50 "Make best offer."
Link/Contact: nashville.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Vintage pinball machine. Doesn't work but may could be used for parts if you're a collector."

I posted that a few days ago in the Craigslist EM finds thread... how can that NOT be sold yet?!?

#863 3 years ago

The market changed sometime around last June, at least for EM's. I started collecting in late 2013 when it was still possible to find a good project in the $250-$350 range every week or two. Now, it's like maybe one per month... if that... and often not in very good condition and/or severely overpriced. Sure hope the well isn't drying up!

I like threads like this because it helps the market maintain fluidity and calls out the sky-high crazy unrealistic prices.

#873 3 years ago

Only three middle-pop games were made with 3" flippers: Spanish Eyes, Fan-Tas-Tic, and the Freedom prototype. They're all good!

#932 3 years ago

No joke... that thing is hyper fast! Stock coils unwrapped? Hot coils? Pretty sure it's already got stock rectifiers, right?

You might need to install longer playfield screws with nuts on top and bottom to prevent the posts from getting bashed to bits.

#935 3 years ago

Is your game high-tapped? I've never seen a stock Williams blast the ball around quite like that.

Keep an eye on those playfield posts. Enough full-strength hits with that kind of velocity may rip them out sideways... beware!

#989 3 years ago

"A great restoration project" - $50

(protect your eyes please)

dallas.craigslist.org link

#1019 3 years ago

$350 for a Fan-Tas-Tic? Damn. Wish it was closer. Fun game! Everyone should have at least one middle-pop in their collection.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: On Beam / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1968
Production: 1,150 (!)
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: houston.craigslist.org link
Condition: Broken mushroom bumper on playfield. Backglass and playfield appear to be in Fair-Good condition and should clean up nicely. OP: ""Non-working Pinball machine from the 60's... It is missing the top glass as well."

That was originally $100 when posted. Then it changed to $400 after about 30 mins... lol CL remorse!

1 week later
#1122 3 years ago

Williams King Pin! Also a Target Pool, Spanish Eyes (and just "Eyes"), some EM guns I've never seen before. Pretty neat selection.

Supposedly Portland has lots of pinball arcades. Not sure how many are EM's though.

#1206 3 years ago

Flying Chariots is close. Big ol' drains with pop bumpers to blast the ball down the sides... just in case. Oh, and a center shot straight up and right back down again between the flippers. :/

Should have been called Flying Hopes

chariot_(resized).jpg

#1285 3 years ago

Heh... it's yours. I'm actually not a huge fan of the Sky Jump/Card Whiz layout.

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Game/Type: 2001 / EM 1 Player
Year: February, 1971
Production: 2,200
Cost: $200
Link/Contact: louisville.craigslist.org link
Condition: "This machine is non-working, not sure what's wrong with it. The backglass is close to a 10. The playfield is very good. It's complete except for a missing plastic in the center. The cabinet is very good also."

Whoa... killer deal right there. My favorite wedge.

#1325 3 years ago

Or you can have this one for 3x the price with a "sanded flat playfield"... dallas.craigslist.org link

"I collect pins and know the value."

The value as... firewood in Antarctica, you mean?

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Just threw my Magic City up on CL for $300, if anybody is interested.
philadelphia.craigslist.org link
"Semi project, needs a little work. Clearing out a few games that I haven't had time to get to. It runs and gets stuck in reset, so it probably just needs some switches adjusted or cleaned.
PF needs a little love, BG is very good with some very minimal flaking. Cabinet is good and solid, but with dings and scrapes, I had planned on possibly restenciling just to make it perfect. Custom keychain included."

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

How has this not sold yet?!? Great art & middle-pop games are cool. Of the ones with 2" flippers, this is my favorite.

#1385 3 years ago

No worries. Was going to have it shipped but with TPF this week and lots of projects pending, it's probably better that I don't. Eventually I'll have a Magic City. Now just isn't the right time.

I've shipped a number of $300-ish games to Texas from various states. Doesn't matter that the shipping doubles the price because I'm gearing up for a barcade concept and all EM's will be fully rebuilt, bulletproofed, and taken to mint condition for long-term duty there.

#1386 3 years ago

In other words... what's another $350 on a game getting a repaint, clear coat, full rebuild, stealth LED's, new parts, score monitors, master credit controller, card swiper, etc, etc? :p

#1389 3 years ago

Yeah, it's a good one, but I've cleared the PF and made a change to the cabinet colors w/white webbing so it's no longer "original". Which, in my opinion, is a good thing. Not all of the default Gottlieb stencils and color choices were so hot. The original Snow Derby color scheme was an odd yellow-white-magenta. Sort of a "tequila sunrise". Not very snowy if you ask me.

Note: That's Pinsider Nickattac in the photo... he's awesome with graphic design/printwork and we've completed a number of pinball projects together. Snow Derby will be on the floor at TPF this weekend.

snow_(resized).jpg

#1394 3 years ago

I hear ya. For most games in need of a repaint I'll stick with the factory defaults. But they had their off days too.

Paradise is one of the biggest offenders IMHO. The default cabinet scheme looks like an outer space bingo card or something. Mine is getting totally new Polynesian stencils w/lei's and tiki gods. 60's era of course... as how I imagine Gottlieb would have done it.

Bally Grand Tour is another one which irks. Stupid simplistic artwork on the side for what is such a graphically fabulous looking game. It's going to get some sort of 60's city/travel/eiffel tower motif. Something appropriate for the era.

#1401 3 years ago

Aloha RC! I haven't cataloged the repaints yet. We've come up with a good method but even so it is still under continual refinement. We also did a 2001 with original colors... turned out gorgeous w/perfect alignment of the somewhat challenging cabinet artwork. I'll have some pics soon after TPF this weekend.

My Paradise tiki-retheme won't begin until mid-2017 at the earliest. Way too many projects going on right now. But one of our fellow "VECTORIANS" (our local pinball group at the Dallas Makerspace) has stripped a Student Prince and is re-themeing it head to toe in a tiki-bar motif. It will be at TPF in our booth this year. Here's his Pinside thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tiki-themed-wooden-pop-bumper-caps

Paradise doesn't have any gobble holes. That's the same side->side->side->kickout mechanism on Kings & Queens and Sing Along. Though for me Paradise is the one to get for the fan-freaking-tastic artwork, hula girl backglass animation, 2-player option, and hey it's the first game ever designed with return lanes so you get a little history too. But that cab... ugh... no. Makes no sense. Has to go.

Yeah, I'd totally redo that Paul Bunyan with custom stencils. It needs something with tall trees and a river and maybe a deer or two (or Babe!). Something like a landscape panorama similar to El Dorado or Klondike. I'd put a tall tree near the back of the cab all the way up the side of the backbox for perspective. Suitably Bunyan-esque, no?

#1402 3 years ago

BTW here's a quick snap of the 2001. Very happy with the edge-alignment and color fidelity.

2001_(resized).JPG

#1431 3 years ago

Does this count as a project pin... discounted from $100K? ebay.com link » Pinball Machine Back To The Future Holy Grail Of Pinballs Coinop Mike J Fox

BTW the "project" in this case is the seller's malfunctioning brain.

#1463 3 years ago

It has cool sounds and backglass art, but much like Hyperball... Bally's clone is too much novelty, not enough game.

Only recommended to diversify a very large collection. Otherwise it isn't worth taking up the space of a game with more depth.

2 weeks later
#1577 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Freedom / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1975
Production: 5,080
Cost: $550 OBO
Link/Contact: " target="_blank">sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Overall good condition and complete, it does show some wear over the years, but still presentable.
It has been sitting in storage for 4 years. Present condition is that it currently powers up, but won't start game. It needs someone to go through, clean and make adjustments to it, and I don't have the time as I am relocating."

I always click Freedom ads just in case it is the middle-pop version... ya never know!

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: 8 Ball / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: January 1966
Production: 3,250
Cost: $275
Link/Contact: " target="_blank">charlotte.craigslist.org link
Condition: Comes with schematic. Back door missing in pics. Center flipper pop - mentioned just for you Nico! I can hear this machine calling, "Please rescue me!" OP: "This is a collectible piece in need of restoration. Will power up but has been sitting for years."

Hey hey... middle-pop alert! Thanks for the shout-out, Monsieur Pecos. That 8-Ball looks like a good candidate at a great price. I found one within driving distance about six months ago but passed on it. Just too many games in my work queue right now.

Never played an 8-Ball but it appears to have the exact same layout as Cue-T/Miss-O which I played at ReplayFX last year. It is pretty much a 2" flipper version of Spanish Eyes. Fun game, but Spanish Eyes is wilder and offers more dramatic saves and angular shots due to the longer flippers IMHO.

Now someone in NC go pick up that middle-pop game! Looks nice for the price!

#1636 3 years ago

Looks nice from a distance! (said many a buyer)

It's the 2" flipper version of Spanish Eyes... it's fun. Check it out if you're local 'cuz everyone needs a middle-pop somewhere in their collection.

1 week later
#1758 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You really wouldn't want to keep that awesome Flash backglass artwork?

Whew... dunno what the Williams art team was smoking back in 1979 but they sure made a lot of awful-looking games that year (and many to follow).

spacecircus_(resized).jpg

#1771 3 years ago

Williams Bad Trip

Seriously... what the heck was going on in the art department at Williams during 1979 (and early 80's)? Too many look like junior high school art projects compared to the fantastic quality artwork Bally churned out during the same period. Sure, there are a few Williams standouts like Barracora... but for every "Time Warp" we got two or three gorgeous Bally titles like Mata Hari/Nitro Ground Shaker/Xenon. Just no comparison. Bally owned.

Williams didn't pick up the ball until late '84 with Space Shuttle after finally ditching the adolescent space/fantasy stuff (except for a brief relapse in '86 with Grand Lizard).

OK, eh, back to project time. Anyone in Austin want a Spirit of '76 *and* a Hot Line for $500?

austin.craigslist.org link

#1783 3 years ago

$150 Fan-Tas-Tic! Middle-pop alert!

dallas.craigslist.org link

...but no backglass.

1 week later
#1859 3 years ago

I don't know which would be worse... getting scammed $80 for a Big Ben, or having a Big Ben. :p

#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Drop-A-Card / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: November 1971
Production: 2,600
Cost: OP: "Make reasonable cash offer or would trade for a nice wood splitter/stihl chainsaw with 20" bar/fire proof gun safe/atv/project car-truck/GM motors/LS 5.3-6.0/4l60e-T56 tranny/etc."
Link/Contact: kansascity.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "It's complete. Don't know if it works. I have checked on various websites to get a value on it. Restored, these machines are in the $3000 range. Mine is NOT restored, so I know it's not worth that much. But I know they are still valuable."

"Actually, nevermind. I KNOW NOTHING! WILL TRADE FOR TOILET (NON-FLUSHING)!"

#1872 3 years ago

That Gigi ad is probably spam. I wouldn't call the number without using *67... probably being used for phone harvesting.

1 week later
#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

MIDDLE BUMPER BETWEEN FLIPPERS ALERT
Game/Type: Fan-Tas-Tic / Electro-mechanical (EM) 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1972
Production: 5,680
Cost: $300.00
AND
Game/Type: Mustang / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: April 1977
Production: 2,225
Cost: $300
Link/Contact: sanangelo.craigslist.org link
OP: "Williams" fan-tad-tic, and "gottlieb's" mustang 70's all complete just needs to be gone through.

Middle-pop alert!

I sure hope one of our fellow VECTORIANS gets that Fan-Tas-Tic. Saw it this morning and almost fell out of my chair. If I didn't own a Freedom prototype I'd already be on my way to pick it up. Backglass and PF condition look great. Art package isn't quite as cool as Spanish Eyes... but the game offers more to do overall. So it is probably the second best middle-pop game out there.

#1916 3 years ago

Update: We got it.

Now our members have all three of the 3" middle-pop games. And at least one of the 2" middle-pop games: Safari (though, sadly, a dead bumper).

So, if we can get an 8-Ball/Cue-T/Miss-O (same layout) and Magic City... we'd have them all (woodrails excluded) and could do a middle-pop showcase at TPF 2017.

I'm thinking yes!

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Don't do it! Then the middle-pop game prices will skyrocket and the rest of us will have no hope of joining the club!

No worries... there are lots to go around. Spanish Eyes had a high production run over 3000, and Fan-Tas-Tic a few thousand more than that.

Of the 2" versions sharing the same layout (8-Ball/Miss-O/Cue-T) the combined run was around 10,000 units. Even Magic City got up near 3000.

They are still attainable for reasonable prices, so get one while the gettin's good! Middle-pops rock!

In order of preference I'd of course grab any Freedom prototype no matter what condition it may be in. Then...

(tied for second) Fan-Tas-Tic and Spanish Eyes. Fan-Tas-Tic has more going on, but is a bit slower in part due to the roulette wheel. Spanish Eyes has better artwork and blazing gameplay... but is somewhat simplistic.

3. Magic City (very pretty art, less common than the others)

4. 8-Ball/Miss-O/Cue-T (more common, and the same layout as Spanish Eyes but with 2" flippers)

5. Safari (dead bumper is a bit of a bummer compared with the rest)

Beyond those, all that are left are the 1950's middle-pop wood rails. I've listed them a few times on Pinside. Never played any yet and the speed and layouts vary widely... so no idea how well they would compare with the 60's/70's machines above.

I think we need to design more middle-pop games!

#1945 3 years ago

Well sheeit... an unknown buyer snagged the Fan-Tas-Tic out from under us.

That's how it goes in the Wild West of Craigslist... :/

Pretty sure we'll find another Fan-Tas-Tic by TPF 2017. Hope so, anyway.

1 week later
#2028 3 years ago

Yes have finally started to see some decent projects pop up after at least a year of pinball drought.

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Big Ben / EM 1 Player
Condition: OP: "This machine hasn't been used in years, and I can't guarantee it operates as is. But, I can guarantee it's super heavy to lift, and that it will be a very fun restoration project!"

Indeed! However, it will not be a very fun game to play...

1 week later
#2134 3 years ago

Game Plan's "Pinball Lizard" might be worse. One of the shots on the playfield makes the "lizard" cry loudly... BEEWEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee.

It's actually kind of funny to hear in person.

#2141 3 years ago

Craigslist seems to have been hit by a huge spam bomb today. Can't find anything except imaginary trucks and cars and boats. All from what appear to be procedurally generated Gmail addresses.

Grrrrrrr. I want their computers to explode right in their face!

1 week later
#2238 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

~~~~~~~MIDDLE POP BUMPER ALERT~~~~~~~
Game/Type: Fan-Tas-Tic / EM 4 Player
Cost: $550
Contact/Link: nh.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "works. need couple things to make perfect."

Arrgh... never close enough and when they are... *snap*

#2283 3 years ago

Game/Type: Poop Land / EM 1 player
Month/Year: May 1968
Production: 3,100
Cost: $399
Link/Contact: dallas.craigslist.org link

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

That's not my idea of Fun Land.

Me neither. They forgot to add... "machine was dredged from septic system"

#2324 3 years ago

Yow... that backglass... that cab repaint! My eyes!

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

~~~~~ Middle Pop Alert ~~~~~
Game/Type: Derby Day / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1956
Production: 1,600
Cost: $600
Link/Contact: tucson.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "machine is working and complete. just needs tweaking. cabinet is in amazing condition for its age. playfield is nice but need new plastics that you can buy online. does not have original metal legs but others are provided."

Wow nice for the price! That one doesn't come up very often.

1 week later
#2401 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

You now have your chance Nico.
BTW, saw your video - Nice work! Especially loved the 'middle pop' Freedom!
Manufacturer: Game Plan
Game/Type: Pinball Lizard / SS MPU-2 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1980

Thanks! It was fun to do. I'll have a better video up with gameplay, a little history, and higher-quality eventually.

Who will save the dying Lizard? Lol

#2420 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Whaaaa? Parade is a REAL rarity. There are very few known to exist. Has the awesome magic squares gameplay of Night Club but with extra lines that can be revealed with additional (repeated) numbers.
Wowee!
And the blues that Bally used in this time ALWAYS peel. Don't let that stop anyone in TX from picking this up.

I wish I could like bingo games... but I just can't ever get there. The chance/skill ratio is way too chancey for me. Even if I could learn to skill-ify the plunging/nudging stuff, it'd be a fussy agonizing concentration contest all the way. "One more millimeter! Nudge! Nuuuuuuddgggeee!"

I don't get it. Maybe having money or prizes to win would help?

#2424 3 years ago

Are there any bingo games with layouts like prewar games? Like Airway and World Series? Both have that mesmerizing "loop the loop" thing going on after the plunge... and the shots to make are scattered around the playfield in various ways.

#2440 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

This is a true horror...
Game/Type: Gaucho / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1963
Production: 5,350
Cost: ??
Link/Contact: longisland.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "...good for parts or restoration."

Parts, yes. Restoration, hell no.

1 week later
#2530 3 years ago

Agreed... Pro-Football has been for sale a lot lately. It basically has no cross-gender appeal. Total guy-game. But the guys who like it, REALLY like it.

In my lineup, maybe 1 out of 5 guys play it regularly... but that 5th guy really gets stuck on it.

Was going to sell mine but decided to give it the full resto.

2 weeks later
#2645 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Royal Guard / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: January 1968
Production: 2,900
Cost: $250 "Make an offer"
Contact/Link: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: Unknown

Wow that's an insta-grab.

1 week later
#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Fan-Tas-Tic / EM 4 Player
Cost: $425
Contact/Link: losangeles.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Currently not working, but before I put it in storage everything worked great. The contacts probably need to be cleaned. This is a very fun machine, lots of neat features, and I understand that its in high demand."

That one looks nice. Glass looks good. Dad gum it... too far away.

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Spanish Eyes / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1972
Production: 3,905
Cost: $500 Negotiable
Link/Contact: inlandempire.craigslist.org link
Condition: Playfield MAY have been touched-up. OP: "Good condition Willing to negotiate price. Really fun to play!
The wiring needs to be checked because the levers and bumpers won't work when u play."

LOL @ the ongoing "middle-pop alert"... check out what I just wrote about Norm Clark in another thread (regarding Freedom)... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/11-em-games-mini-pinraid-worth-anything#post-3284223

#2735 3 years ago

Played Gator at Arcade Expo. It may be from that cool late 60's Bally period... but I thought the gameplay was just OK. Basically no long shots or flow to it, just smashing mushroom bumpers for the most part. Which is fairly common for that era. About the same fun factor as Rocket III... maybe a bit better.

Cosmos is more desirable, IMHO. On a different level with the "round the world shot" and spaceship rollovers.

#2768 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Someone get this before they forklift it straight into the dumpster!
Manufacturer: Fascination Int., Incorporated
Game/Type: Eros One / Cocktail SS Allied Leisure MPU 2 Player
Month/Year: March 1979
Production: Unknown
Cost: $80
Link/Contact: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Allied leisure eros one cocktail pinball machine does not work does light up,has a copy of the original schematic/book from marco specialties.no keys cabinet overall in good shape,playfield is worn in several areas.good project to fix or parts machine"

Neat 'lil game. Sad to see it in such bad shape.

#2787 3 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

Did anyone look into these machines? Seemed like a good price for two machines, even if they needed work, so I was surprised the ad was still up two days later. (I'm not interested even if they are available, just curious lol)

Another deal of a Hi-Deal for $250... westernmass.craigslist.org link

#2847 3 years ago

Game/Type: Bally Hoo / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1969
Production: 2,115
Cost: $225 FIRM
Link/Contact: dallas.craigslist.org link
OP: it is mostly operational...just needs a few adjustments.
I have already put new lights and rubber rings in it.
Price is 225 FIRM
Cash only, no shipping, local sales only please.
Low ball and cheap skate offers will be ignored.
NOTICE: please do not send me emails asking me to take all these extra or close up pics for you, if you are a serious buyer....come check it out in person. Thank you.

Backglass has obviously been touched up, but is "mostly there" and probably just fine for a decent player machine. Playfield looks very good. But I didn't see the metal rails/lockbar frame in any of the photos. Wouldn't buy without it. Otherwise looks like a cool first project.

Hoping one of our local VECTORIANS goes for it.

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Rancho / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1977
Production: 1,229
Cost: $500
Contact/Link: orlando.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "works good. needs new bumper rubbers."

Wow... 32 minutes ago and ad deleted already. *sigh*

#2957 3 years ago

Game/Type: Friendship 7 / Electro-mechanical (EM) 1 Player
Year: July 1962
Production: 800
Cost: $300 obo
Link/Contact: austin.craigslist.org link
OP: 1962 Williams Friendship 7 pinball machine for sale. I have owned this since the early 70's. IT Works! I would say it's in fair condition for its age ( electro- mechanical) It does play and work.

Was this pin sent up to space and back with the original mission? Maybe used as a heat shield?

#2964 3 years ago

Anyone notice SearchTempest timing out on the second page?

#2978 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Jesus....why can't this thing be closer!!! I would buy a Cybernaut in a heartbeat, especially at that price. If he were local, I'd be grabbing all three of these today for only $1200.

A year ago, I'd have already trekked down there to get them... but the "rabid acquisition phase" has finally passed. Now I only want the ones left on my hit list.

But yeah... if you are specifically looking for a Cybernaut (great sound FX!) then this deal would be a must. Looks to be in pretty good shape too.

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I can't believe this is still available. I'm biased as this is my favorite pinball but OXO is one of, if not the best, DC powered Williams EMs from the 70s. For less than $300 it's a no-brainer!

OK Mr. Pecos, you gotta explain this one to me. I'm a fan of Norm Clark's relentless innovating over the years... the roulette wheels... the middle-pops with their flipper drains... the huge spinners... the backwards flippers... but OXO baffles me. I've seen it in person before and studied the layout but the geometry looks very simple. Like, a little too simple. Very similar to a lot of tables without much to shoot at except for "completing the goal". I'm leery of tic-tac-toe themes for this reason... they seem to sacrifice an awful lot of pure gameplay in order to accommodate the raw, visceral, sweaty-palms thrill of playing tic-tac-toe. *grin*

Egg Head and Square Head are good examples. If you don't care about the tic-tac-toe part, the games just fall apart. Both are so brutally difficult anyway that you'll never get the dad gum ball back up to the top even if you *do* care.

Lotsa kick-ass 70's Williams EM's out there with crazy fun features and fast gameplay... Gay 90's, Jive Time, Doodle Bug, Klondike, Spanish Eyes, Fan-Tas-Tic, Aztec, Hot Tip, Rancho... even the Craigslist-hogging Space Mission has its legion of fans. So you gotta tell me what in tarnation is the deal with OXO? Is it a multiplayer thing?

#3030 3 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I'm with you Nic (again!). Many people have raved about OXO over the years and I just don't get it. Never liked it as a kid, still don't like it now. Perhaps its just too frustrating for me how the X and O keep switching and screwing up the possibility of completing 3 in a row.
I much prefer my Gulfstream rules. Especially when chasing the 4 corners!
And also like the addition of the S-P-E-C-I-A-L rollover sequence for another Extra Ball.

I think we are more entranced by the geometry and flow of the game than the "completion goals" (the game-within-a-game played via the pinball interface).

Some games, especially bingos, lean in the other direction towards "finesse" (more cerebral, less visceral).

Pecos, name a few other all-time faves of yours. Maybe we will see a pattern favoring completion-based games?

#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

...after working on this mid-70's Bally, I am really impressed with the quality of construction. A lot of little details that are way better than Gottlieb's ideas. --- Like score reels.......

Totally. Pretty sure the last Bally EM platform is my favorite. DC rectification, efficient mechs/reels, easy to service relays, and generally bulletproof (no AS relays... HATE). Chimes aren't quite as pretty as Gottlieb, but they are nice enough.

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

... Well, the light sockets & fuse holders DO suck on the Bally's however... but easily rectified.

True, this is. But pretty much true on any game prior to 1970 too.

#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I'm almost afraid to post this one. Let the innuendos commence forthwith!
Manufacturer: Playmatic of Spain
Game/Type: Conquest 200 / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1976
Cost: $295
Contact/Link: madison.craigslist.org link
Condition: "1976 Bi-Centennial Playmatic Conquest 200 Pinball Machine. Looks Nice-Full Size
This game is fully functional except for one issue, the right flipper sticks in up-stroke position on high voltage. The ball load, 500 point drop targets, & 50,000 bonus can all trigger the flipper to stick, and ultimately the game needs to be shut off or reset game pushed to relieve the flipper from its unnatural position. The flipper solenoid assembly has been replaced and did not alleviate problem.
The backglass and game board are in very good condition. The whites around the counters are the worst of it on the backglass; and the play field has some flipper drag wear, otherwise it is very nice.
The previous owner has wire caps on some connections inexplicably, but that shouldn't complicate your quest to isolate the electronic issue that it has to make this a 100% restored/playable machine."

"The previous owner has wire caps on some connections inexplicably, but that shouldn't complicate your quest to isolate the electronic issue that it has to make this a 100% restored/playable machine"

tangle (resized).jpg

...except that it will.

#3124 3 years ago

Looks like the same layout as Fun Cruise. Possible to post a video of the gameplay? Never seen either one in action before.

#3150 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Zaccaria
Game/Type: Queens Castle / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1978
Cost: $235
Contact/Link: pittsburgh.craigslist.org link
Condition: "I am selling my 1978 Queen's Castle Pinball Machine by Zaccaria. I bought this machine as a project at a charity event and never got around to fixing it. I had a friend plug it in and work on it for an hour and he got it up and running somewhat. I think the sound isn't working and the scoring might not be right but it does turn on and play somewhat. It's beyond my expertise (which is minimal) to fix. I was going to tear it apart and hang the playfield on my wall and do something with the back box but I decided to sell it to keep it in circulation. The playfield is nice and clean and I didn't see any backglass flaking at all. Very nice and clean for its age. I don't have legs for this machine or the head bolts. You will need to provide those. Legs are cheap as well as the head bolts."

This, I need.

#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Zaccaria
Game/Type: Queens Castle / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1978
Cost: $235
Contact/Link: pittsburgh.craigslist.org link
Condition: "I am selling my 1978 Queen's Castle Pinball Machine by Zaccaria. I bought this machine as a project at a charity event and never got around to fixing it. I had a friend plug it in and work on it for an hour and he got it up and running somewhat. I think the sound isn't working and the scoring might not be right but it does turn on and play somewhat. It's beyond my expertise (which is minimal) to fix. I was going to tear it apart and hang the playfield on my wall and do something with the back box but I decided to sell it to keep it in circulation. The playfield is nice and clean and I didn't see any backglass flaking at all. Very nice and clean for its age. I don't have legs for this machine or the head bolts. You will need to provide those. Legs are cheap as well as the head bolts."

This, I buy.

#3223 2 years ago

Funny... it's the exact same one pictured in the IPDB (pics by Jay Stafford... who is not the seller).

1 week later
#3315 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Speaking of where are people...NICO: [Williams - Skill Ball]

...looked just weird enough to interest you. Also, according to IPDB it's the first Williams add-a-ball game...FWIW.

Possibly. It sold really quickly. Like maybe an hour or two... geez.

The geometry looks average considering the gobble hole locations, but if the rules are fun it could work. Never played one before but I'm sure I will eventually. In the meantime, still lurking for a Fan-Tas-Tic...

3 weeks later
#3593 2 years ago

Yes and also be grateful the backglass didn't break!

#3606 2 years ago

Wow, a payable Medusa for $600....would vanish in minutes here in TX.

Whoaaao... it'll be gone in minutes.

If I had to pick a top three in the "Class of '81", Medusa might be #2.

#3608 2 years ago

Game/Type: Hi-Deal, 1 Player
Month/Year: April, 1975
Production: 2,085
Cost: $200 (!)
Contact/Link: lynchburg.craigslist.org link

I'd buy that for $200

#3639 2 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Breaking news - I picked both up this afternoon, 8 hour round trip!
Was quite surprised when I called late yesterday afternoon to find they were still available. Both are very dirty projects, but both came with original docs (Hi-Deal included original schematic, manual in original envelope - nice) and I think will clean up ok.
I only know EM's (and that's only been for 3 years) so the System 1 Charlies Angel will be like starting from scratch again - especially as it is missing the main board:

So, back to Clay's guides, but a different chapter! Plus, I'll have to start posting in the non-EM section here...scary.
I know I shouldn't ask in this topic, but..I read on reviews on IPDB that people had used a "Pascal Janin's PI-1 MPU board" - is that the way to go? Anyway, early days, I'll take a good look at it one weekend when the wife is busy

Pascal board is a great all-in-one solution by a dedicated hobbyist who genuinely loves pinball. It also eliminates the need for the harness cable between MPU/driver which is one less thing to repin.

#3700 2 years ago

~~~MIDDLE POP ALERT~~~ *whew* finally got to say that myself!

Game/Type: Spanish Eyes / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1972
Production: 3,905
Cost: $350
Contact/Link: janesville.craigslist.org link

#3733 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Gay 90's / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1970
Cost: Free!
Contact/Link: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Free EM pinball machine. Originally purchased for $250 as a project, but now moving and can't take it with. Needs some love to get back into working order. Some of the scoring reels are sticky and need to be cleaned to get it working again. Comes with a refurb kit I purchased for all the bumpers and what not."

Fun game! Looks to be a good candidate.

1 week later
#3806 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Finally played my first Middle Pop game this past weekend, at Free Play Florida -- Spanish Eyes. Freaking LOVED it. Would've bought it on the spot if someone hadn't beaten me to it the day before. I'll be paying attention to middle pop alerts now!!!

They are fun, aren't they? Almost a whole different kind of game altogether.

If you haven't seen it yet, all of the middle-pops are listed in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/join-the-middle-pop-club

Happy hunting!

1 week later
#3919 2 years ago

Game/Type: Skyrocket
Year: May 1971
Production: 545 (!)
Cost: $2500 obo
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Bally Skyrocket Pinball Machine Coin Op Arcade Pickup Only

Well... there's one you don't see every day. Great game and the best light show in the EM world. Gotta talk down the price and get better photos though.

2 weeks later
#4094 2 years ago

I call it "Vecturd"... but still... $250 is crazy cheap for being in that good of a condition.

#4096 2 years ago

Same here. Fun back in the old days... but TERRIBLE now. Had to ditch my Vectors after I realized how much work it would take to make them "sorta ok" at best.

Vector was a failed group effort by Team Bally in '82. They were trying everything to stay on top that year... Spectrum... Rapid Fire... crazy ideas to stave off the video game army. Ironically the only two hits were based upon video game licenses: Baby Pac-Man and Mr. & Mrs Pac-Man.

Ouch.

Space Shuttle on the other hand... WOW. Totally awesome Hail Mary group effort. Team Williams blew it out of the park with that one and, in turn, became a top-tier producer like Bally once was. No more teenage art projects/D&D/space battle themes. Williams launched themselves into a whole new orbit of quality with Space Shuttle.

Vector's failure marked the end of "old Bally"... but oh... what a glorious run it was!

#4098 2 years ago

One of the main issues I have with it is its kludgy nature. The layout is congested with too many odd glancing shots to make. It didn't help that operators/owners were always moving posts around and changing things. Basically if the game isn't leveled perfectly and everything adjusted "just so"... it plays like crap.

I really like the artwork and sounds though. It's essentially an unlicensed version of TRON.

#4144 2 years ago

What would this thread be without Pecos's (now trademarked) middle-pop alerts?

BTW... I recently picked up a Fan-Tas-Tic and Spanish Eyes. All I need is a Williams 8-Ball and Magic City and I'll be able to do a Norm Clark middle-pop booth at TPF in 2018.

#4150 2 years ago

Pecos is the Pinball Borg... nothing escapes his Exabyte-sized memory banks! BTW, remind me never to post any self-incriminating information here. :p

1 week later
#4255 2 years ago

"I have suitcase for sale for $40. It is full of $100 bills but you can have since it not my money. Will drop off to Goodwill if I get no replie."

Geez. Some very bored person is obviously having fun up yonder. I wonder if this is another sign that Craigslist is eventually doomed to join the defunct digital scrap heap (Myspace, Geocities, etc)? Facebook Marketplace is trying to take over that space by linking items to sellers... which lets you at least sort-of-verify their integrity beforehand.

(the downside is how Facebook continues to eat the internet...)

1 week later
#4329 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

hartford.craigslist.org link
Three EM Games: Bally Expressway, Gottlieb Card Trix, Williams Ski Club
"(3) pinball machines. All working but need attention.
$150 each or all 3 for $400. As is. "

WHUT!?

Crazy deal.

1 week later
#4416 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Wish I was closer. Pro Football is a cool game. Played one at the Houston Arcade Expo this year.

That was mine. Will be selling it at TPF.

#4436 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

ebay.com link » Classic Bally El Toro Pinball Machine
This machine works great, I bought it about twenty years ago and had it refurbished. Fun game for the classic pinball fan.
Beaumont TX

Oh... that is yours? I felt inspired to stand up for El Toro on IPDB after seeing your listing.

#4451 2 years ago
Quoted from osudrummer:

Any thoughts on the Swing Time on Oklahoma City CL? Repainted cab but looks nice. Just not familiar with old Williams (Gottlieb guy).

Looks to be in good shape, but the geometry looks too simple to me. Doesn't look like it has much to shoot at.

#4473 2 years ago
Quoted from newmanoconnor:

I really wanted that paragon.

It sold quickly! Not sure who snagged it...

1 week later
#4556 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is one of the few Gottliebs I would not mind owning, except I swore off of EMs.

Swore off EM's??? *gasp*

I ended up going the other way... SS's gone, all EM now (except a Sinbad which, lets face it, still has real chimes).

What prompted the switch?

#4563 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have had two EMs. Both had problems and I am not any good with the trouble shooting part. I would need to work with a pro looking over my shoulder and teach me how to trouble shoot all those coils and switches.

Interested?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games

#4611 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Welcome labnip!

Calling all Project Pin lovers! It's probably a good thing that the Texas Pinball Festival is too far for me.

Awww... no Pecos? This year's TPF is going to be a blockbuster! So much goodness happening this time... will miss ya.

1 week later
#4686 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Stars / SS M-100 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1978
Production: 5,127
Contact/Link: dallas.craigslist.org link
OP: If you see ad then still available
Turns on. Flippers work. Just needs a little work.

Haha guess he decided $400 wasn't enough last night...

#4691 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Cross Country / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: January 1963
Production: 500 (!)
Contact/Link: seattle.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Nice condition, small amount of flaking on back glass. Will need some reconditioning, (only works sometimes, I think it just needs some electronic cleaning)."

Really want to play that one! Uncommon as heck. Too far, alas... I doubt he'd keep it until I got there on the pinball tour.

#4735 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Warehouse sale in ROSSVILLE GA, posted in one of the facebook groups. Mainly vids, but some pins (I can't say that I spotted any from the photos, though):

Some deep classics in there... cockpit Missile Command, Nibbler, Warp Warp... whoa. How do games like this get stowed away for so long without being sold or traded? Might even be a Sundance or Space Tactics in there.

#4750 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

A Fan-Tas-Tic? On the East Coast? For <$1000?!? *emails*

Are they that rare up there? Williams made a lot... they pop up around here every few months or so.

#4753 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've only seen one for sale closer than Texas before and they want $1300 for it. It and Freedom are the top of my middle pop hunt list, though I've never seen either in person before. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be 1/3 closer to completing the holy trio

Nice collection you have. I see some unusual-but-cool ones in there.

From what I could see in the Fan-Tas-Tic pics, the glass, pf, and cab looked pretty good. Finding the Freedom proto, of course, will be the most difficult. Did you see this thread? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/11-em-games-mini-pinraid-worth-anything

Gah! What a find! Sounds like it is going to get played to death as-is, unfortunately. Perhaps someone will manage to re-import it... we Pinsiders are a resourceful bunch.

psst... I do have tentative plans to create a 101st prototype... shhhh

#4757 2 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

That's what I was wondering. How hard would it be to take a production playfield and modify it with a center pop?

Probably not too hard. Biggest challenge would be drilling/patching the playfield accurately and having the artwork redone and cleared to match. Lower plastics would need to be reproed as well.

#4760 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Unusual but good is my motto. If only you were planning on going on a trip into the area at some point, you could come play them...

Well... now that you mention it... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games

#4821 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

TGTBT (Too good to be true)??
Game/Type: Nip-It / EM 4 Player
Features: Zipper Flippers, ball grabber 'Balligator'
Month/Year: February 1972
Production: 4,580
Cost: $200
Contact/Link: lawton.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Machine works and flippers/motors work but needs new plastic flippers."

One of our VECTORIANS snagged that one.

#4859 2 years ago

LOL middle-passive-pop alert... poor Safari. Not enough tiger in the tank.

#4872 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Dixieland / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1967
Production: 1,800

Insta-snag, right there. Best 1960's-era Bally in my opinion. The layout is like nothing else, cool rules, zipper-flippers, and I personally love the vintage Saturday morning cartoon aesthetic.

Gotta remove the doorbell credit button though. :p

#4921 2 years ago

Genie is fun and looks great... one of the best System 1's. Has the funniest sounds too. No other game makes that wurdle-burbley-urdley-oooooo noise.

2 months later
#5101 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: King Pin / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: December 1973
Production: 4,350
Cost: $100 (!) ??
Contact/Link: albuquerque.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Turns on but needs work"

Gone in 60 seconds I bet...

2 weeks later
#5171 2 years ago

ORGIE.....conversion of Williams' 1973 'Jubilee'

??!! Most pointless conversion ever?

1 week later
#5238 2 years ago

I think he farted too close to the front panel of that 300.

#5282 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Freedom / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1976
Production: 5,080
Cost: $300 "Reasonable offers considered."
Contact/Link: losangeles.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Been in storage, sold as is, glass cracked on display."

What a tease... playfield was upside-down in the photo. I held my breath for a millisecond thinking it was the prototype.

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Tim-Buc-Tu / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Month/Year: January 1956
Cost: $575
Condition: No Pics! OP: "works"

Speaking of middle-pops, there's one you don't see every day. Never played that one before.

4 weeks later
#5490 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Too bad the guy is trying to auction this pin with the "make an offer" routine.
The guy is selling a Bally Skyrocket. Only 545 of Skyrocket produced. I would say it is a rare pin. I swore off of EMs but I"m tempted to contact him and say "put a price on".
littlerock.craigslist.org link

Rare, fun, beautiful, and a 2-player at that. In my top 5.

1 week later
#5646 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have a shot gun approach where I simply pull the main board and go through everything- inspect every solder joint, clean, lube and adjust every switch and relay. I figure it has to be done any way after 50 years of service and neglect.

Exactly right.

As EM techs in 2017, we have to deal with far more neglect and wear today than techs ever did in the past when the machines were still relatively new and functional.

In my opinion, nowadays, every EM needs to be rebuilt. Reset the odometer to zero... it's the only way.

1 week later
#5731 2 years ago

Imagination, eh? I imagine I'd prefer it be complete... :/

4 weeks later
#5875 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: See Saw / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1970
Production: 1,517
Cost: $525
Contact/Link: akroncanton.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Used Pinball Machine Works good"

Damnit. Wish that was closer. Backglass looks good.

2 weeks later
#5960 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

New worst backglass here:
sfbay.craigslist.org link
$100.00 but it looks better than nothing.

"Bikini Island edition"

#5976 2 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I played it when it first came out and yes it was not one of favorites. But does bring back memories of me young playing Big Ben pinball. Should they just be giving them away? Nic must love it when he has to work on one.

As long as I don't have to play it afterward, I'm good with the fixin's.

#5983 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I'll bet that if nicovolta signs the apron you can charge a premium.

ROFL! I shall not denigrate my signature thusly. But for $300, that's about the best example I've ever seen for fully tuned & working.

Maybe good for class project material?

#5993 2 years ago

Wow gdonovan lots of work put into that Spirit of '76. $400 is crazy cheap for all that effort!

I've got a Bally Expressway and Grand Tour up for trade or sale. Looking for either? PM if you'd like to discuss... cheers & keep up the good work.

1 week later
#6141 1 year ago

Thanks for digging these up, bluespin! Many don't show up on CL or other searches and it looks like there are some deals to be had.

#6168 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

nicovolta pecos Fourty plus of my project pin postings today were from Facebook. I only found three project pins that were on Facebook and Craigslist or Pinside.

We do appreciate your generosity sharing your selective finds here.

Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Old Chicago / EM
Year: March 1975
Production: 7,155
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1408239022584141/
OP: Great working condition

Like this one! Arizona peeps... better get it!

#6223 1 year ago

MIBS = Massively Inane Ball Shuffler

Feel free to invent your own. It's open mike night at Club MIBS.

#6233 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Nintendo
Game/Type: Nintendo Pinball Multi Screen Game PB-56 gaming system - Seller has model wrong. It is a PB-59
Year: 1983

I had that game. Guess it made an influence!

2 weeks later
#6482 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: On Beam / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1968
Production: 1,150 (!)
Contact/Link: fortwayne.craigslist.org link
OP: i have a 1969 bally on beam pinball machine. very rare. lights up and works. 500 cash. only about 1100 made

Artwork and cool spinner-gizmo aside, I'm pretty sure On Beam has better gameplay than Rocket III. Haven't owned either, just an educated guess after plunging a few shots on both.

1 week later
#6571 1 year ago

Wow someone in the northeast might get a nice looking Old Chicago *and* a Snow Queen for $900?

You folks are so spoiled up there. :p

#6592 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Can someone clarify "works fine needs some work " for me? I'm assuming cosmetics but that description seems contradictory.

"Works good enough for me to sell it, but not enough for you to play it"

2 weeks later
#6827 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Expressway / EM 1 Player

...in good condition.

GOOD CONDITION?

Seems the chickens pecked that backglass to death. Better stick to the egg biz, methinks...

IMG_4138 (resized).JPG

#6830 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

FIFTEEN PINBALL MACHINES - GARAGE SALE TOMORROW!
Contact/Link: wichitafalls.craigslist.org link
There are 15 pins that I can identify, plus several that I can't. Here is a list of the pins that I can identify:
Wizard!
Captain Fantastic
Bally Playboy
Bally Star Trek
Flash
Black Knight*
Pharaoh*
Stellar Wars
Black Hole*
Eight Ball
Mata Hari
Strikes and Spares
Firepower
Gorgar
Tri Zone
*Does anyone want to pick one of these up for me?

That looks amazing. Too amazing to be real. Only one day's notice, no phone number, and "everything must go or will be donated to Goodwill"? C'maaan.

Close enough for me, but not enough on (mostly) blind faith.

#6831 1 year ago

Disclaimer... if it IS real, congrats-in-advance to you, and we wanna see pics and hear stories!

#6843 1 year ago

Hmmmm... promising indeed, but still two hours away with no prices or phone number.

Anyone going to check it out?

Three years ago, I'd totally be there at 7am sharp. But with a work queue as deep as the one I've got now... I'm content to sit in the peanut gallery.

I think. :p :p

#6867 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I have a line on some serious projects in Northern California (Stockton) area. These are barn finds and priced as such.
Titles are Alpine Club, Jubilee, Space Mission/ Odyssey and unknown pool themed wedge head.
If you are interested in these titles please let me know and I'll get more info. I'll post info and pics of them when I can get them loaded. I am helping sell these for a friend and I am not taking any of the proceeds.

I'm looking for an Odyssey w/perfect backglass and decent PF. No rush... they made a bazillion of 'em.

#6871 1 year ago

Thought so... and doubly annoying for posting a photo of what wasn't actually for sale.

That's quite a creative idea, PinPilot! I can imagine something called "Scopeout" or "Salecheck"... good thinking to hire a stealthy neighbor to do the sleuthing.

I can see this becoming a thing!

#6872 1 year ago

Then again... it does have a dark side. Like a nationwide Uber-fleet of private detectives... who knows whether it would be used for good or evil?

Oy vey... tech is moving faster than we can emotionally cope with it!

#6952 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Grand Prix / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1976
Production: 10,554
Link/Contact: greensboro.craigslist.org link
OP: Posting this before shop at a discounted price.
Backglass is mint.
Everything works as it should minus the score motor doesn't cut off when it should sometime. Assuming it's a dirty contact somewhere.
Cabinet and playfield in great shape.

Once upon a time there was a guy named bluespin...

and he posted links to games for sale...

and some of these games were listed on Craigslist...

and some of those ads were written by fellow Pinsiders like turtlepower169...

who happened to live reasonably close to family members in the area...

who thought it'd be cool to pick up that game...

for some random EM pinball geek who reads Pinside threads and thinks about pinball a lot...

aaaaand the wantlist shrinks by one! Thanks bluespin and pecos and captive_ball and everyone else for keeping this thread rolling!

#6981 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

While I don't think all of these are bargains, I listed all of the available projects. The seller also sells a lot of arcades.
Game/Type: Dixieland / EM
Mo/Year: October 1967
Production: 1,800
Cost: $150
Notes: Powers On. Broken Back Glass

Awwww.... looks like "missing backbox". :/

#7018 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Grand Tour / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: May 1964
Production: 1,310
Cost: $150
Contact/Link: inlandempire.craigslist.org link
Condition: " I believe it will work with some minor wiring. Worked when I bought it and then after traveling home from Az with it it didn't work. I believe a wire shook loose."

somebody go get dat!

2 weeks later
#7194 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

~~~~~~~MIDDLE PASSIVE POP BUMPER ALERT~~~~~~~
Game/Type: Safari / EM 2 Player
Features: Passive middle pop bumper between flippers.
Month/Year: December 1966
Production: 1,100 (!)
Cost: $450

Aprons have been repainted.

Don't buy it, Pecos! Not because of the apron, but because PPPP deserves better.

I don't think Ted Zale fully understood the middle-pop thing. Safari didn't build upon Norm Clark's momentum... no space for "rebound air", no flipper drains, and the pop doesn't even fire. Blech!

Not sure what he was thinking. Obviously it didn't work since no others followed with this format.

It's an OK playing game if you've never played a middle-pop machine. Otherwise it's a bit would'a could'a been...

1 week later
#7275 1 year ago

Merry Christmas Pecos! It was great to meet you on the pinball tour & thanks for keeping the spotlight on the good deals. I've certainly found a few this way.

1 week later
#7409 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

NicoVolta is looking for one of these.

nicovolta got one last month in Oklahoma... but danke!

#7412 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Some people don't like [Road Kings], but it has cool audio, and non-pinball people that have come over when I had them tend to like playing it because it has a simple rule set and multi-ball.

Yep just sold one today to an older non-pinball couple. Liked the sounds and that it “didn’t have too much stuff going on”.

#7466 1 year ago

Very nice looking Gusher near St. Louis for $800.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2038882596386589

7ADE4870-F978-455C-BA69-10245F93106B (resized).png

#7515 1 year ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/315178515628406

$400 EM Hot Tip in Fort Walton Beach, FL

0FB77EB8-C6A1-4303-B4E3-02F73DF433F6 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#7614 1 year ago

Williams Granada looks nice for $250...

newyork.craigslist.org link

(though, for me, a far cry from Norm's delightful middle-pop design)

3 weeks later
#7760 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I think that you have hit it right on the head. I've seen a lot of these ads and that clown is about as goofy looking as I have seen.
"I have a 25ft inflatable clown head that I would like to trade for a 80's and newer working pinball machine. This would be perfect for an arcade or business to use to get peoples attention and attract new customers. Heavy duty commercial grade material made to last. No rips or holes and the blower works great. Let me know what you have."
chicago.craigslist.org link

Zizzle or Poosh 'em up candidate right there...

2 weeks later
#7894 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: A-Go-Go / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1966
Production: 5,100
Contact/Link: orangecounty.craigslist.org link
Condition: Minor playfield planking. OP: "Cleaned and serviced. Ready to play. First pinball with the roulette wheel."

Yow that looks to be in nice shape! Playfield might be a candidate for airbrush/clear coat to fix the surface.

2 weeks later
#8030 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I had an acquaintance in college who said that hell was being tied to a Magnotron for the rest of their existence.

Cool backglass, but Magnotron/Duotron exemplifies the “lanes, pops, middle thing, drains” layout everyone used to death.

Way too many games with that layout... ugh.

#8039 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

swva.craigslist.org link
Old Chicago $299.00
Southwest VA

Flag them. Image was stolen from another ad.

Seller replies with “oops already sold it but I got it from auctionmalware.com just go and click for cheap deals!”

4 weeks later
#8148 1 year ago

Nick....or NicoVolta as we know him here....brought one to the Houston Arcade Expo two years ago....it had a clear coated playfield...played pretty good.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-houston-arcade-expo-nov-11-12th/page/6#post-3443684
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-houston-arcade-expo-nov-11-12th/page/6#post-3443699

Thanks... it won best EM at the show. I currently have it for sale. Superb cabinet, new bottom board, backglass has fine crazing but is complete and colorful w/new shiny lift channel, playfield professionally cleared, shiny unbroken plastics, all-new lamp sockets head to toe (backbox too... woo those Ballys), new tempered playfield glass cut to fit, and a head-to-toe meticulous rebuild. I think also new legs too.

#8152 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I thought this was the project thread.

The front door has a few dents in it. That’s an afternoon of bondo & paint right there...