Topic Stats

• 15,517 posts
  • 497 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by spblat
  • Topic is favorited by 445 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,310 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A8C2CEF3-F3C1-46AD-9694-C1F2B6EA774D (resized).jpeg
me (resized).jpg
t2k (resized).jpg
0CADEE8D-FCD2-4C3F-B651-AD311F037BAF.png
Capture (resized).PNG
326A8526-2F44-4445-BB81-CF386B31FF09 (resized).jpeg
24EE19C7-3122-4B62-88BC-D700500266AD (resized).jpeg
611A9048-5D07-4CBC-9D30-25C2867FDC40 (resized).jpeg
6735A53F-5F9E-4C15-A17E-3DDE514CE139 (resized).jpeg
A84DD6ED-BC5F-4B96-A6C4-4886ABD38A51 (resized).jpeg
82752E89-6DBC-4BDF-A16E-2A3EDEFEAC0F (resized).jpeg
4AE525C0-A997-49B5-9D1E-101A7D0FD31F (resized).jpeg
6770D639-73F6-4324-980A-4C96775F4DA9 (resized).jpeg
3F5A9B3D-1C9E-4062-B61A-3E06CDCE169F (resized).jpeg
B2E71CDA-BD50-4367-9CB6-EED7F53C4BD4 (resized).jpeg
1D3F29A8-DEA6-47D6-8969-536903C2EFD1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9844 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm happy that someone takes the time to post all of the CL ads

I second that - hat's off to bluespin and others that also contribute. I visit this thread multiple times day wishing I lived closer to most of the ads I'm seeing.

#9848 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Spacelab / EM AAB 1 Player
Month/Year: July 1974
Production: 30 (!!)
Cost: $575
Seller: Tony DeFeo
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1122875001194001/
OP: Working Williams Spacelab single player electromechanical pinball machine.
Manufactured in 1974, this is an "add-a-ball" game.
Game is working and has been recently cleaned, waxed & new all rubbers replaced.
Backglass is nice with only some minor scratches.
Playfield nice with some wear, but not too bad.
Cabinet is rough, with some gouges, some square marks where a hasp had been installed, and some "high score" graffiti (adds character)!
See pictures.
Local pickup, or buyer arranges shipping from my location.

FWIW, Tony DeFeo is a good seller. He's moving and thinning his game room inventory. I bought his Black Knight last month.

2 weeks later
#10182 1 year ago

What makes this a scam (just curious)? Too low a price? Gmail account for contact? Too few pictures? Description too short? Some/all of the above?

#10185 1 year ago

Thanx for the info and the added detective skills.

2 weeks later
#10454 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Eight Ball Deluxe / SS
Month/Year: 1984
Production: ?????
Cost: $2,000, request offers
Contact/Link: sacramento.craigslist.org link
OP: Eight ball deluxe
Highly collectible game. Not working, open to offers, great for restoration project. All new parts are available for this game.
Thank you, for looking

Looks like the 1981 version of EBD (white backbox, backbox key hole location, "mean" cowboy on backbox, white apron). Production was 8250.

#10455 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Eight Ball Deluxe / SS
Month/Year: 1984
Production: ?????
Cost: $1,750
Contact/Link: hartford.craigslist.org link
OP: I am looking to selling 8 Ball Deluxe pinball. This is the most desirable of the three versions of the game. It currently has and Altec mpu in it. It boots but is not playable. It gets stuck resetting .
I would not mind trading for another pinball project. This game just isn't my style. Let me know what you have.

This one too - looks like the 1981 version of EBD. Production was 8250.

1 month later
#10769 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE
Game/Type: Taxi / SS 4 Player
Year: August 1988
Production: 7,303
Cost: ????
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/CO/Evans/80620/2030523
DATES: FRI 10/12 - SAT 10/13

If anyone is curious, I went to this today and it sold for $3000.00 after the estate sale was over in after-hour bidding. And this was after the pin being listed at the estate sale for a whopping $6000!! It was in very nice shape, everything worked, no major cabinet dings or scratches, perfect backglass, and the playfield I'd say was a 9/10. Lola backglass with Marilyn on the playfield. I was in it up to $1700 - I would've gone a little more if it was a title I really wanted, but not $3K.

#10773 1 year ago
Quoted from tbaum:

This is really valuable information - I was wondering how much machines went for at these. Did the person seem to know much about pinball, or was it just someone wanting a machine?

I didn't see any of the people who made bids (you dropped a piece of paper in a drop box near the dealer's table), but I did see a few folks during the 90 minutes I was there milling about around it and playing it. For the time I was there, I was the only person who opened it up and looked at the playfield underside and the boards in the backbox. It probably went to someone just wanting a machine.

1 week later
#10883 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE
Game/Type: #star-trek-the-next-generation / SS DMD
Year: November 1993
Production: 11,728
Contact/Link:
DATES: FRI 10/12 - SAT 10/13
Me: The ad is still up so they might still be available.

The ST:TNG pin sold today for $2950. It looked to be in EXCELLENT condition - real bargain for whoever got it provided they were local. I was in the running for a few days at $1500 - the cost for shipping ($425) plus the cost I'd have to pay the shipper to actually break down the game ($250) plus the auction house's buyers premium fee (23%) combined with the logistical butterflies of buying site-unseen had me stop at $1500.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/65475759_star-trek-the-next-generation-pinball

#10927 1 year ago

ESTATE SALE AUCTION

Game/Type: Pat Hand / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1975
Production: 6,500
Cost: Current Bid (10/26) $150
Link/Contact: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/65179151_coin-operated-pinball-machine-williams-pat-hand

DATES: WED 10/24 - SUN 11/04

OP: Coin-operated pinball machine, Williams Pat Hand, copyright 1975, 1 to 4 players, 25 Cent play, Exc wkg cond w/colorful back glass & playfield, 72"H x 52"L when assembled.

STARTING BID
$50.00

BUYER'S PREMIUM
23%

1 week later
#11010 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

ESTATE SALE AUCTION
Game/Type: Pat Hand / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1975
Production: 6,500
Cost: Current Bid (10/26) $150
Link/Contact: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/65179151_coin-operated-pinball-machine-williams-pat-hand
DATES: WED 10/24 - SUN 11/04
OP: Coin-operated pinball machine, Williams Pat Hand, copyright 1975, 1 to 4 players, 25 Cent play, Exc wkg cond w/colorful back glass & playfield, 72"H x 52"L when assembled.
STARTING BID
$50.00
BUYER'S PREMIUM
23%

Sold today for $600.

#11026 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Comet / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1985
Production: 8,100
Cost: $200 (!)
Seller: Jennifer Pappano Evans
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1103753299802874/
OP: Working pinball machine. Must pick up

Gone 12 minutes after posting. Someone got a hellava deal.

2 weeks later
#11135 1 year ago

Sharing this for a laugh - these are the kinds of things available in my area:

Gottlieb's "Baseball" (1970). $5000. Not a typo....I asked the seller if he meant $500 and he hung up on me.

denver.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#11295 1 year ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Thanks for posting, bluespin ! Another success story - I went yesterday on a whim and came home with the Flash. Left my phone number with an offer on the other two, but I don't think that will come through - we'll see.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S skee ball

Out of curiosity, how much did you get the Flash for? Was it in decent shape (really hard to tell from the one far-away photo in the estate sale ad)?

2 months later
#11693 11 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I'm an EM guy. Just curious what a board set cost for something like this?

A set of Alltek's for Bally/Stern early solid states (MPU, SDB, Lamp board) will run you about $435 if bought as a set directly from Alltek (over $500 if bought individually).

1 week later
#11732 11 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

FYI for you east coast guys... TNT is getting rid of a bunch of Gottlieb Black Hole project machines. They are advertising on Facebook. It looks like 6 lower cabinets, and three or four upper cabinets. From the ad description, it sounds like enough parts to possible build two Black Hole machines. I would be all over this one, but Im on the west coast. I hope a pinsider gets them, and manages to put together a few good machines.

Here's a video of them from Todd - the Black Hole stuff starts at 41:30:

2 weeks later
#11806 10 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You don't often hear of any sort of deal coming form these estate sales. Am I missing something?

Many times they're overpriced and don't sell. The estate sales folks will look up market sales prices for the pin and set their prices accordingly often without taking into consideration condition. Most of them are local only (no online bidding or shipping). I'm sure there are times when a good deal is made but the buyer may not be on Pinside to follow up with a post or they forget to. I myself did my first estatesales.com purchase several week ago...they had a Mata Hari listed in a 3 day sale about an hour from my house. It was tired and partially working, cosmetically challenged, and 99% complete. Fortunately the estate sales manager would take phone calls and let me know what the price was and that each day it would drop. Day 1, I called and they wanted $1200. Day 2, I called and it dropped to $900 and he said it would drop farther on Day 3 if it continued not to sell. On Day 3 I woke up super early, got over there, was first in line, and bought it for $600. Good thing I got there first....there were 14 people lined up at the opening time and 5 of them were there to get the Mata Hari.

After a few weeks, I got it 100% functional (repinning all of the connectors and rebuilding the power supply took care of most of the issues). I now have the playfield stripped down and am prepping for a hardtop install. Repro plastics in hand, and repro backglass from CPR will be here next week.

#11855 10 months ago

30 Rock reference of exasperation. When my son was 12 years old I got him to say that instead of "crap" and his teachers thought he was funny.

1 week later
#11942 10 months ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Manufacturer: Chicago Gaming
Game/Type: Vacation America
Month/Year: 2003
Production: ?
Cost: $500
Seller: ?
Link/Contact: indianapolis.craigslist.org link
OP:"Vacation America" pinball machine - based off of the popular "Vacation" movies, for sale.
Custom made for in-home use. No quarters required!
Sought after by pinball collectors, as was only a limited run.
Comes w Owner's Manual and key to open for any repair needs.
Making room for toddler play area - come get it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sought after by pinball collectors? Ummmm....

Todd Tuckey's walk through and game play:

2 weeks later
#12132 9 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, but per the seller, it has several electronic issues. Those are really hard to fix on EM games.

Ya, but you can't beat that title for $150 given the completeness of the game. If I was closer, I'd pull the trigger, and working on EM games scares the heck out of me.

2 weeks later
#12296 9 months ago
Quoted from hoov:

4 Square with a re-painted cab for $125 near Flint, MI posted an hour ago: flint.craigslist.org link

Love this quote from the ad: "Machine worked fine before it stopped working".

Wish I was closer - I'd pick this up!

#12316 8 months ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

I just posted some empty pinball cabs on CL - Free. Thought I would offer them up before I send them to the landfill.
rmn.craigslist.org link
Just thought someone working on a serious project might have a need - otherwise ignore\delete if post is inappropriate for this thread.

Arrrgh! I could really use a donor late 70's Bally cabinet and head, and you've got a free EK set that would be perfect for my project. If it weren't 850 miles away from me.

Thanx for your post....very nice of you to make this offer. I'd hate to see it go to the landfill!

#12352 8 months ago

By no means a project, but I thought I'd share a really beautiful looking restoration:

1962 United Bonus Baseball Ground up Restoration (pinball ) - $4000

While Pitch and Bat machines aren't my thing, this looks gorgeous. And I'm really jealous of this guy's workspace...so much room and really neat & orderly!

OP: What we have here is a really nice 1962 United Bonus Baseball. Just completed close to 100 hour ground-up restoration of the machine. This machine absolutely spectacular. I know these can go for a ton of money in this condition. And my labor in this deal will be about 3 dollars an hour. . Fully stripped and repainted with Pinball Pimp custom stencils. Powder coated legs. Coin mech in perfect working order. I have enjoyed playing it the past couple of months and now it must go to make room for another project. All wood stripped and fresh shellac applied. All steppers disassembled and ultrasonically cleaned. I'm looking for $4000 or make offer. I'll work with you any way I can help on shipping.

1 week later
#12399 8 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Lots of bingo machine in Mt Carmel, PA:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1143939529126037/?ref=product_details[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow...walking through that room would be like stepping into a time machine.

#12405 8 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

Anyone here pick up “the games”
In the South Bay ?
I missed it sadly. Looked nice shape

There's been a "The Games" pin posted on the Boulder, CO CL for the last few weeks - $799:

boulder.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
#12494 7 months ago

Williams Dealer's Choice - $250 (Denver)

3 weeks later
#12708 6 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Time machine and not sure what the widebody one is.

Future Spa

#12720 6 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE
Game/Type: Eight Ball Champ / SS
Month/Year: August 1985
Production: 1,500
Contact/Link: https://www.estatesales.net/OH/Mogadore/44260/2267721
DATES: FRI 06/28 - SUN 06/30

I've been wanting EBC for a while - wish I was closer!

#12777 6 months ago

1966 Williams Full House EM. Not one, but TWO for $750:

OP: One game was restored and working 11 years ago. The other game looks to all be there but I don't know if it works or not.

#12804 6 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

LMAO. Looked at this listing. Description says “wood trim starting to deteriorate” = termites. Reserve price is $ 4000. Good luck with that.

Reserve has been lowered to $3200! They even state the pin is "unable to be plugged in" to confirm it works. Let the floodgate of offers start to pour in!

#12891 6 months ago

Gottlieb Pinball Pool at live auction (Colorado Springs, CO) but absentee bidding available: cosprings.craigslist.org link

OP: The owner of this Vintage Pinball Game is offering it at live auction Saturday July 13th 10am at Gorman Auctions.

Doors open at 9am Preview is Friday 12-5pm and go to GormanAuctions.com . To see 100's of pictures of more things being offered at auction.

A lot of nice quality used furniture. plus other consignors with glassware. pottery. crystal. art. collectibles and more. Even a Star Trek Collection.
If you can't attend the live auction absentee bidding is available.

Gorman Auctions
(Inside Willowstone Marketplace)
2150 Garden of Gods Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
719 687-2400

1 week later
#13055 6 months ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I know of two Space Shuttle projects...both are beat to hell.
And in case you wondering the hardtops aren't available at the moment. Should be at some point in the future. Could be a week. Could be months.

Outside Edge posted today that they plan to be up and running and back to producing hardtops by October with their new equipment, perhaps sooner.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/18#post-5107606

#13104 5 months ago

Bally Black Pyramid in the Denver area - $800. Seems to be in decent shape.

#13208 5 months ago

Denver CL - Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man pinball for $850:

OP: For sale is a nice Mr. and Mrs. Pacman pinball. Game is nice and works well. Back glass and cabinet is nice. Playfield has some wear. Asking 850.

3 weeks later
#13734 4 months ago

Bally Bon Voyage - $250 (Littleton, CO)

OP: Non working project. Will take some work to get it up running. But it looks like most of the parts are there. From what I can tell, it’s missing the back box door, chimes and some coin door parts. Back glass in amazing condition.

3 weeks later
#14257 4 months ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition for sale here...looks to be in real good condition..
https://www.estatesales.net/TN/Selmer/38375/2352087
One of my fav pins of all time....wish I could find one closer....lol
"Chalk Up!"

That link is for the World Fair pin....

#14302 3 months ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

It could be real dicey with the moisture in a pool area. Especially since it looks like it’s next to an indoor hot tub.

I was thinking that as well, but I'd expect the outside of the pin to start showing effects before the inside and from what I can tell from the so-so pictures, the coin door, rails, and lock bar look to be ok. I wonder if, like other estate sales I've been to, they have a bunch of items stuffed into one location or two locations of the house in order to keep people corralled away from other parts of the house, i.e. that semi-precarious spot between the wet bar and hot tub by the pool wasn't the actual location of the pin when the owner was using it.

#14330 3 months ago

Atari Middle Earth - $700 (Denver area)

OP: Bought this at the beginning of summer with the intent to do a full restoration. Ended up working more than expected and ran out of summer. Need my garage back so it's up for sale again. I did redo the legs and repaired the back glass so now all the lights work. Everything else works as it should just needs cosmetic care. My intent was to redo all the cabinet and re-stencil. It's a solid cabinet with zero water damage. it's a perfect candidate for restore and a rarer pin as Atari only dabbled in that arena a short time. $700 Call or Text

#14339 3 months ago

1979 Williams Stellar Wars - $850 (Denver area)
fortcollins.craigslist.org link

OP: I am selling my 1979 Stellar Wars Pinball Machine by Williams. This is an early Steve Richie designed game and his first with Williams. The game has had only 2 owners and is in average shape. It is a wide body machine and is extremely heavy. Backglass is in good condition for its age. Please read entire post for more information.

I picked up this machine from the original owner and planned on shopping but need to make space. It has been upgraded with new LED's, new rubbers, a RottenDog MPU board, new flipper buttons, new key and lock, and has been deep cleaned and waxed, including retouched playfield artwork. Retouching was done using quality acrilics and is completely removable, if original condition is desired. Game is in working condition with exceptions listed below.

The few issues are still being worked on include a switch matrix issue, player 4 display degassing (intermittently working after warmup), and a power issue that resets the game when both flippers are pressed at the same time. Finally, the lower playfield "bonus x" inserts are non-original and need decals. I have not tested the coin mechanism.

I will be willing to let this machine go for $850 if game is accepted as-is. This in mind, I am currently working to make this game fully working and will then be firm on $1000.

3 weeks later
#14723 3 months ago

Game Plan Sharpshooter in the Denver area.....free?

1 week later
#14814 83 days ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Photos for future generations to look back on and wonder what we were thinking:[quoted image][quoted image]

The horror.....the horror....

On the other hand, if this really is a functional machine, the cabinet is structurally sound, and could be picked up for around $200, this would be an excellent project to return to Mata Hari glory. A $300 hardtop would take care of the disgusting playfield (what the hell were they thinking with the BLACK paint??), a $150 stencil kit from Pinball Pimp and $40 of Krylon takes care of the cabinet, and a $300 repro backglass from CPR rounds out the major investments. If I was closer, I might've made an offer.

2 weeks later
#14988 69 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

This is a great game and looks to be a good price.
ebay.com link » Ballys Classic Flip Flop Pinball 1976 Works
Until I looked at the pictures to see that someone flipped it and now it is floppin'.
[quoted image]

OP: Condition is Used but great! Owned 15 years. Everything appears to work! Left front leg is slightly damaged, pulling from cabinet.

Me: That's a bit of an understatement. Significant cabinet repair work needed there! $650 wouldn't be bad if the cabinet was intact and everything worked. And I gotta wonder...if the guy really has owned it 15 years, couldn't he be a little more assuring than "APPEARS to work"?

1 month later
#15215 37 days ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I won’t tell you otherwise. Bring ‘EM on!
I, personally, am not that interested in auctions because of the commissions involved, but if it were a pin I was looking for...
Estate sales can be a good place to find a Project Pin. Question, do estate sales have commissions for the seller/auctioneer? Are the pins usually auctioned or sold for a set price? We have an online auction place here in Tucson that does a lot of estate sales and you can get some really good bargains with no commissions.

Most of the estate sales in my area (Denver):

- Start with a set price.
- Each day of the sale lowers the set price by some percentage.
- The last day of the sale is usually 50% off of the unsold items.
- If still unsold on the 50% off day, sometimes they take offers. Depends on the item owner.
- The two estate sales that I've gotten something, the estate sale organizer got a 5% commission.

It's been my experience that most estate sales have inflated prices, especially on pins, on Day 1. I try to make contact with the estate sale organizer toward the end of the second to last day to see if the pin(s) I'm interested in are still there. If it's still there, I try to be in the first in line on the last day at 50% off. That's were deals can be found.

I've bought two pins in the last year at an estate sale. A non-working Mata Hari solid state for $350 that I got working and looking fairly good...flipped it for $950 several months later. I also picked up a basket case Black Jack solid state for $100 that I'm in the process of restoring (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-restoration-1977-bally-black-jack-ss).

3 weeks later
#15324 14 days ago

It's $699 on CL: denver.craigslist.org link I was thinking about it but I don't know the machine at all and have never worked on System 11's. I'll be looking for a new Bally SS project soon, tho.

#15365 9 days ago

Here's an interesting one - Game Plan Camel Lights cocktail pin: denver.craigslist.org link Lots of pictures.

OP: I have a non working Camel Lights Cocktail pinball Machine made by Game Plan. The manufactures idea around this cocktail table was that you could swap in different playfields (7-8 of them). Pretty unique and a lot of fun if you're willing to put in some time to get this working.

Here's what I noticed:

- Missing 3A fuse on power supply
- Missing main MPU (still has all other game boards)
- Small Playfield wear

The outside of the game is in average condition with some scrapes; inside of the game is in pretty clean shape. Playfield alone is worth my asking price but I'd prefer not to part this out so please no requests to sell you one part of the game. Pretty interesting piece of memorabilia in that R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company would partner with a Pinball / arcade manufacturer.

I cannot deliver and I will not take anything less then $300 cash.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 339.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mathazar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside