IMG_2476 (resized).png
431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14117 4 years ago

Selling a project Gottlieb "Square Head". Mr. Pinball ad will be visible in about three days.
I can deliver it to the York show if it's prepaid.
newyork.craigslist.org link
20190906_135536 (resized).jpg20190906_135536 (resized).jpg20190906_135546 (resized).jpg20190906_135546 (resized).jpg20190906_140725-1 (resized).jpg20190906_140725-1 (resized).jpg

11 months later
#17963 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

"Gottlieb Royal Flush" a bit north of NYC. No other info given. newyork.craigslist.org link

I was there a while back and saw it. Not really in good condition. He has a few more pins, but several NFS. I believe the other one he's selling is a flipperless game.

#17973 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Seller states: Moved it to a different wall and now it doesn't work.
I'm wondering: Why not just more it back to the other wall where it worked?

Yeah. The first wall probably had an electric outlet on it!

#17976 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Man...i would love to have that. Mad World has one of my favorite EM backglasses.

Where was everyone when I had mine for sale? It had an immaculate playfield too.

#18047 3 years ago
Quoted from Ritewing:

Here is a project we all want to jump in on.
Who gets there first?
Card Trix
Williams EM
$100
Apalachin, NY
From the owner: "Needs fixing up but the bones seem good."
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/951368645363558/
Bob

Bones are pretty much all that's left!

#18074 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

You pikers. I do it ALL THE TIME for a game I really want. You will live a depressed, vicarious life if you wait for a game to be close. GO FOR IT.

You tell 'em! Drive the miles, get the pin!

#18165 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Thanks for posting here nascarrey ! I picked it up for 50% off today, the last day of the sale. No rust on the coin door or on the underside of the playfield, and some flaking on the backglass, but it appears to be working 100%. It even came with a custom mod which explains my high score. Can you spot the mod? [quoted image][quoted image]

Elastic assistance devices added.

1 week later
#18290 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Superliner
Dowd Estate Live Auction
by Peterson Auction & Realty LLC
Sep 12, 2020 | 10:00 AM
Ellery,NY
www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3467867.html

Cool. Only two Gottlieb models made in 1946. IPDB says that they made 4000 of them, but aside from a parts one I have, I'd never seen nor heard of another one. It has the oddest legs of any woodrail I've ever seen. I believe it's the only Gottlieb with that type of leg.
Mine are missing though.

#18291 3 years ago

Just did a Pinball Owners search, and found one person who owns one.

#18293 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I dug around for you and ended finding some photos on the auctioneers website. You can bid online as well.
https://www.petersonauction.com/auctions[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It doesn't look bad, except a few areas of the backglass.

#18294 3 years ago

That's a major haul though. I drove to Jamestown once. Couldn't believe I drove that far, and didn't leave the state!

#18298 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

But, did you stop at the Lucille Ball museum ?

No. Had to go there for work. She and the crew were painted on buildings, etc. Town was pretty much a ghost town. Was there briefly, and as I recall, the weather wasn't very good.

#18303 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

These far off Loop the Loops keep taunting me. Playfield looks nice on that one. 2nd one I've seen where the cab has been painted plain white.

It seems like that game has been popping up a lot lately.

#18355 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Never, ever try to find out what is wrong on site.
Load and go. Immediately.
Once I picked up a game and didn't even ask the seller to turn on, which surprised the hell out of them.
Playfield good? Back glass good? Take my money now. And I was gone.
[quoted image]

That's the one I passed on. Glad you got it, and it turned out nice. I'm really stupid sometimes!

#18356 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I'm on my way there now.
EDIT: I'm home again....... F that seller!
I spoke with him on the phone, he told me that he needed to be honest, the game was not working. I told him that I'd come look.
When I got there, he let me in the house, but both my daughter and I got an odd vibe from the guy. We went to the basement where he turned the machine on. It was now working. The pf has planking near the flippers, all of the rubber is dry rotted, broken or missing. The bottom of the bg has a lot of flaking and missing ink, it's filthy inside and I couldn't unlock the back door.
When I tried unlocking the back door, he asked what I was doing. I told him that I needed to assess the machine. He said ok.
Then I told him that I'd take it for the $100.00 he was asking. That's when he said, but it's working now, It's worth more.
I told him it wasn't to me. It's not a well liked machine. His reply was yeah, but it's a pinball machine.
He told me that he's moving and needs top sell in about a month, I should give him my contact info and he'll let me know.
Sooooo.......I'm not getting involved in a bidding war for a player's quality, poorly playing game that needs rubber and a massive cleaning, that may or may not have hidden issues.
As a matter of fact, I'm considering having the CL ad flagged. Is that too harsh?

You're always getting into mischief!

#18358 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Of course that's a rarity, you've already mined all the machines in CT

I think another guy whose initials are A.N. beat him to it!

#18378 3 years ago

Now, now!

#18380 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Forward Look and Styling of the 60's
I had a Darts, rugged setup for sure.
[quoted image]

Funny article. It didn't take long for them to revert back to the conventional design, despite all the hoopla thrown around in the piece.
I don't really care for that design myself, although they produced some very good, and very desirable games during that time.

#18383 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

It's like the pinball version of a Studebaker Avanti.
[quoted image]

It looks better on a car than it does on a pinball machine. I wonder how many lacerated knees resulted from the protruding drink shelf.

#18396 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I dug around for you and ended finding some photos on the auctioneers website. You can bid online as well.
https://www.petersonauction.com/auctions[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does anyone have any information on this game which was offered for auction yesterday? Anybody here snag it?

#18404 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Does anyone have any information on this game which was offered for auction yesterday? Anybody here snag it?

I guess not, huh? I have a decent parts one which probably has a better playfield than the one auctioned.

#18450 3 years ago

Project glass for project games. Funny!
Worn, and have scratches, but are fine otherwise (???) Like they're still in one piece???

#18451 3 years ago
#18512 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Williams "Screamo".

I said!

#18546 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Bally Joust in Arkon Ohio. $400. Listed on Letgo.
[quoted image]

Good deal compared to this one.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2793687820850793/

#18573 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

And here it is ........ Lady on phone was super excited to talk about it as well. Her favorite toy from her childhood. Sigh
[quoted image]

Reminds me of the time I got up really early and waited in line for a couple of hours at an estate sale which listed a pinball machine.
As soon as I got in the door, I found my way to the basement (where I figured it would be), and sure enough..... one of those "State Fair" toy machines stares me in the face! Beat a hasty retreat, cussin' my way back to the car!

1 week later
#18671 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

The NJ strip??? Where the hell is that?

No such place. Never heard that term before. Las Vegas strip, but The Shore, The Jersey Shore, The Boardwalk, yes.

2 weeks later
#18790 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The game next to it looks real nice.

Painted cabinet "Central Park". Nah!

#18812 3 years ago

Lots of cool stuff at that sale.
I like this better than "Ro-Go"!

2 months later
#19309 3 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I was 1st to respond and spoke with Rosa and we agreed to the 1500 for tomorrow. By the time it took for me to go get the cash and gas up someone stepped on the deal and offered more money. thanks guy!

That's the way of the world now. Take what you can, and don't have any regrets.

#19315 3 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

scratch that reverse it! Rosa just called back and let me know she would honor our original agreement!

Glad to hear it.

2 weeks later
#19426 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Freebie near Hudson NY.
Triple Action
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

Posting has been flagged for removal. There must have been a catch. Can't imagine why it would be a freebie.

#19430 3 years ago

Maybe something like, "I really only know how to remove bulbs and replace them with LEDs. If you fix my "Miss-O", you can have the "Triple Action" for free. I've tried fixing it for a few weeks now, but it's worse now than when I started. I did learn how to solder a little though."

#19434 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

JR, that sounds like my story!

"Any resemblance to any actual person, either living or dead, is purely coincidental."

#19466 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It looks like fun. As I am starting to learn a little more about these Stern MPU 100 pins I am getting a lot of respect for them. If this one was closer, I would be going for it.

I got one for free once. It was going to get chucked because it didn't work. I looked inside the head, and said, "yeah the power supply is missing" (thinking it was in the head like a Bally). It was in decent shape, and I took it home and got it working pretty easily after discovering that indeed the power supply is in the cabinet! Decent player, but couldn't stand the sounds! I ended up trading it for an EM.

#19467 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is video of a guy playing a Trident that he made some new code for. It looks like fun. As I am starting to learn a little more about these Stern MPU 100 pins I am getting a lot of respect for them. If this one was closer, I would be going for it.

Very, very impressive! Dude, you should be a professional designer!

#19474 3 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Williams Zig Zag $200 in NJ
newjersey.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

Well, you buy pinballs!

#19502 3 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Shout out to bluespin for helping me find a Target Alpha. Gonna see how it plays as opposed to El Dorado, but really happy to have this layout in the stable.

Same basic playfield layout, but that's where the resemblance to the wedgehead ends. Drop targets reset for each ball, and they are used for accumulating bonus.

#19506 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What does El Dorado do? I've only ever played Target Alpha and Gold Strike...

"El Dorado" is like "Gold Strike" in that the targets do not reset with each ball played. When they are all made, they reset, and the "Special" lights for the remainder of the game. Unlike "Gold Strike", only one target is spotted in the upper bank of ten targets. So there's only one target spotted that can be made for a replay. The lower five target bank continues to award 500 points, or 5000 for the spotted target. No replay can be made for hitting a spotted target on the lower bank even when the "Special" is lit.

#19524 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Either the seller received a lot of responses, so he raised the price, or someone local bought it and is using the original sellers pictures and is flipping it.

Likely the same seller, or the original link wouldn't work.

#19554 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I was offered a group EM arcade games today, 2 pins, a Gottlieb Baseball and Williams Upper Deck which I want. Also includes a 1963 CC gun game "Riot Gun". 1963 United Royal Hawaiian bowler, 1955 United Derby Roll and a 1957 CC Bowling League.
These aren't barn find games, been in storage awhile and are really clean. Seller and I went back and forth via text and he admitted he knows nothing about them and they came as forfeit for lack of storage payment. He rented the space and wants them gone. Asked for prices on the pins and it was high considering he used the internet but doesn't have a clue if they work. He wanted my offer but I wanted more pics. I didn't burst his bubble till he sends more pics this weekend.
Games are located in eastern Ohio, close to the PA border off I-80. I will get more pics Sunday. PM if you have interest in any of these, I'd rather not explode this project thread with multiple back and forth questions. PM me. I will provide the sellers number so you can contact direct, as long as you respect my 1st dibs on the Upper Deck. You will need to pick up in a timely fashion.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Tell 'im to throw in the terlet, an' he gots hisself a deal!

#19556 3 years ago

That "2001" on Craigslist in Massachusetts appears to have been snapped up.

#19563 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I don’t know if a $60 toilet can handle what I have to offer.

Well, I imagine it's at least gently used!

#19573 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am glad I am totally done chasing Pinball Machines but my latest hobby (model railroad stuff) is just as competitive so I am now fighting over trains instead of pinball machines. (At least they are smaller & lighter!)

too-many-trains?

#19580 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This guy gets his first pinball machine. And he is not the only old fart getting his first pin.

He may be an old fart, but he's grinning like a little kid. That's the magic of pinball!

#19581 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

According to my wife it is more like "way too-many-trains". Anyone who knows me knows I never do anything in a small way. If one is good 100 is even better!

I dabble in trains too, and probably have more stuff than I'll ever get to play with. Pin people have nothing on train collectors from what I've seen of both hobbies.
Pin people are sick, but train guys are psychotic!

#19587 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Pins AND trains, you say?
[quoted image]

Time for a new thread. I think it belongs in EM, because the guys into newer games are probably not into trains.

#19588 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Pins AND trains, you say?
[quoted image]
(you can't see it but every wall of this room is covered in cases of toy trains. as is every other wall in the basement... used to be a factory layout where the pins are but luckily that got sold and made me some pin room)

Wow!

#19592 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

But as it happens, there IS a model train thread here on Pinside. Admittedly, it's a bit slow:

Yeah. Should have checked first.
I'm obviously not intending to exclude non-EM pinheads. I'm sure there are train enthusiasts in all age groups, but I figured most of the guys into the classic Lionel stuff would likely be EM guys.

#19636 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For all of the estate sale lookers
[quoted image]

Man, that's COLD!

4 weeks later
#19925 3 years ago

Good deal, despite the "Silver" lower cabinet is a metal-rail "Show Boat" cabinet.

#19950 3 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

It was a good race. Forceflow went to the basement, I went to the side room. I realized my mistake after 15 steps. When I raced downstairs and saw it Force had the tag in his hand. Well played, good sir

How much?

#19967 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nah. The photos of the game just looked like basement photos, so I just did a quick scan for stairs going down.
There were blueprints available on the realty site, but I had no idea about that ahead of time. It's rare that blueprints are included in listings.

Yup. Always head for the basement first!

1 week later
#20139 3 years ago

Several years ago, I was tipped off by someone that there was a Gottlieb "Subway" sitting out next to a dumpster in Brooklyn.
It was killing me, because I couldn't possibly get there.
I thought about someone I knew casually who lived down that way, and hunted down his phone number.
I called him, and he said he would try to get over there. It was a 20 minute drive from his house.
He called me back later, but sadly reported that it was already in the dumpster. I asked him if he tried to get it out, but he said it was buried and crushed under a lot of concrete debris. I felt sick for a while.

1 week later
#20195 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I’m not sure where this belongs:
I get a text from an acquaintance who knows I like pinball. He asks if he can pass my phone number to a friend looking to value a pin. I said sure.
The next day I get a call from some woman who puts on estate sales. A friend of hers has a Royal Flush that needs to move. She gives me an address and I say I will go look at it tomorrow.
Tomorrow comes and I drive the 15 miles for a look see. The pin is in the basement. Nice house.Nice basement. These people are packing up to move.
The pin turns out to be a Williams Straight Flush. There is some minor wear on the play field and the back glass, while not perfect, is in good condition. And it works! So says she.
It has an old lamp cord for power. I plug in and reach under the cab to find out there is no toggle switch. So I push the credit button and the GI lights come on. Nothing else works. The rubbers are dry, yellowed, and broken.
I’m not interested in this pin called Straight Flush; I don’t do EMs. For a Royal Flush I would make an exception.
I ask her what kind of money she is wanting for it. It is obvious this woman has been looking at EBay. She wants...drum roll...$3500.00.
I told her that this is not a popular pin and needs lots of work. That it might be worth $200.00. Well, this is the pin her late husband always wanted and that she will just go ahead and keep it.
She thanked me for coming to look. I headed for the door.
That’s my over priced pin story.

Such a deal! I would have asked her how much she would pay me to get it out of her way. That's one ugly pin to begin with.

1 week later
#20274 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE - TH 04/22 - SAT 04/24
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Mini Pool / EM AAB 1 Player
Month/Year: August 1969
Production: 500 (!)
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/NY/Williamsville/14221/2854854

Looks pretty nice!

1 week later
#20339 2 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

Might be a good deal? 4 EMs for $1400
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Full House /EM
Game/Type: Wild Life /EM
Game/Type: Pioneer /EM
Game/Type: Sure Shot /EM
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Already gone!

1 week later
#20447 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE - FRI 06/04 - SAT 06/05
Game/Type: Super Star / EM 1 player
Mo/Year: August 1972
Production: 3,801
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/NY/Plainview/11803/2861151

That's a "Big Star". The "non-replay" version.

1 week later
#20524 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This is the best thing I have read today!

A blind child, even!

2 weeks later
#20645 2 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Should be in everyone's top 10 worst pinball designs of all time... one of the most lacking rulesets in the history of the game... DON'T DO IT! Now if it was a WMS game of the same name, I'd be all over it.

Yeah, well you had a really nice one, and you sold it!

#20666 2 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

This is probably gone already, but could be a good project pin!
Lancers for $350. boston.craigslist.org link
Located in Lexington, MA
[quoted image]

If it's missing that huge lockdown bar which also incorporates the shooter, good luck finding one!

#20670 2 years ago

It has the lockdown bar, according to the seller.

Well that's a big plus!

#20718 2 years ago
Quoted from pintoys:

There had been an Olympic Hockey head for sale for 200.a few months back,It was on Long Island.

Hey A...x!

#20723 2 years ago

Just saw this now. Killer deals, imo! Too bad none are solid state, and too bad I'm too far away! Anyone traveling from IL to MA sometime soon? lol

It's an EM "Dragon"?

#20725 2 years ago

Oh, Williams "Dragon". No such animal. "Hong Kong" is a nice game.

#20738 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I picked up the Hong Kong. Really nice shape. Every time I swear off buying stuff, something nice and cheap shows up near me.

Lucky you. That's a nice game. Post some photos if you can under the Woodrail Pinballs thread.

1 week later
#20789 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Posted on Mr Pinball this AM:
16 Machines, 1960s & 70s Gottlieb, Williams, Bally, United, Midway: DEPPENDS
EM pinball and amusement game list Gottlieb 1961 - Flipper Fair - wedgehead - single player 1965 - Cowpoke - wedgehead - single player - w/backglass animation 1965 - Skyline - wedgehead - single player - w/backglass animation 1971 - Drop-a-Card - single player 1973 - High Hand - wedgehead - single player 1977 - Solar City - 4 player 1976 - Target Alpha - 4 player Williams 1964 - Wing Ding - inverted wedgehead - single player w/backglass animation 1964 - Soccer - inverted wedgehead - single player w/backglass animation 1964 - Palooka single player 1963 - Tom Tom - single player 1965 - Teacher's Pet - single player Bally 1966 - Gold Rush. Atari 1978 - Middle Earth (no backglass). United 1954 - 8 Player Team Shuffle Alley Midway 1964 - Top Hit-pitch & bat baseball game these games have been sitting in my warehouse for 10 years or so, I am not going to give a detailed description or send pictures of any of them, if you are interested, send me an email to schedule an appointment for you to see for yourself. Some have perfect playfield and/or backglasses, some not so much. There are are some rare games on this list. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am not listing prices either, all prices are negotiable. I do know what they are worth so please no low balls. Multiple purchases will be discounted accordingly. All transactions are for cash money so don't come empty handed or we will have nothing to talk about. If you want to make a deal for all, let's deal!
Wesley Goodin Phone: 972-268-2252
[email protected], Midlothian, Texas 76065

He sounds a bit snaggly, but I like it!

#20794 2 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

I bought a WMS Big Ben for my dad from this guy like 20 years ago (I know, but my dad loved Big Ben and England)... some folks mellow with age... I think the seller's getting crankier LOL.

You went to Texas to buy a "Big Ben"? God bless ya'!

#20797 2 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Nope, he shipped it to my dad's place in southern VA... for what it's worth the game was incredibly nice - perfect for dad's Florida room.

Glad he was happy with it. To each, his own!

2 weeks later
#20896 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

Up to $1200 now….

Don't you just love how these "sales" suddenly turn into auctions?

#20916 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The Gottlieb Super Spin and Soccer are now $400 each. The rough Flying Chariots is still $350.

Once again!

#20925 2 years ago

In my book you do your research first, then price an item you're selling. If you post an asking price, and don't honor the first person who agrees to pay it, then you're being dishonest and discourteous.

#20929 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Considering some of these deals that have been happening with some starting a bidding war going above the asking price, which price would you honor?
The ad says "for sale $100.00". And then here come the "I'll give you $300.00 for it. Or I'll give you $400.00 for it. And then here comes email number #3. I would like to buy your pin for $100.00. You have not accepted anything, yet. You have not even replied to your responders.
Which deal are you going to take? Are you going to let #3 at $100.00 have it? Or are you going to jump for Big Pockets at $400.00?

In that case, I would take the first offer I receive, even if the buyer is offering more than the asking price. That way, I have not dishonored my original asking price to anyone.
So what I'm saying is, the first offer which meets or exceeds my asking price. Of course, the original buyer better be quick about it if I have other people banging down my door!

#20930 2 years ago

I had a situation recently where I was given a lead on a game. The asking price was $500. I called the seller and told her I would buy the game for her asking price.
She said that someone is coming to get it the next morning, but he offered her less. I said I'd give her the asking price, so she phoned the other guy, and told him that she had an offer for her asking price. At that point, he agreed to give her the $500 she was asking, and he did end up buying the game. I could have counter-offered more, but I won't do that. Turns out I know the guy who bought it, and I apologized for costing him an extra Benjamin, but that's what happens when you try to make a good deal even better.

#20933 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

So, on one hand, you have not dishonored your asking price, but then on another deal, you are asking someone to sell to you by offering a price above a deal that was already struck; In effect you asking them to dishonor their pricing. How is that different than someone changing the price in their ad?

Apples and oranges. I didn't know what the other person was offering. She just said that he offered her less. The ball was in her court; she could have told me that since I was giving her the asking price, she would sell it to me. However, I think she played it right by asking the other guy if he would meet her asking price. Again, the key is "asking price".
I wasn't wrong doing what I did, but it would have been wrong of me to up my offer after the first guy agreed to pay what she was asking. The game was definitely worth more than $500, but if that's what was going to make her happy, then ok.

#20934 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I could tell from his writing that he needed the money bad and was scared to walk away from an offer that he could have easily beat.

That was very noble of you, but with all the information available online today, if you're too lazy to do a little research and find out what you're selling is worth, then it's only your fault if you get burned on a deal.

#20935 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Going back to the example I wrote up. Say the 1st contact was from someone who just met your ask price and the third contact was for more than the seller was asking. So, I offer you your $100.00 asking price but right below that email is another one offering $300.00. You have not accepted an offer, yet. Which one are you going to take? The $100.00 offer was there first.

Tough call. I don't really see a problem with the person taking the higher offer unless he had already accepted his asking price from someone else.

#20944 2 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

They run the gamut but most are major projects; read the description carefully. If there's no description, expect a lot of work... unless you're a betting man, love technical challenges and are adept at repair and restoration, I'd definitely wait for something more local, so you can physically check out the machine prior to buying. I've sold two machines at auction, and was able to see the line up of games set up for the upcoming auction. Most of them had serious issues and would have required major hours to get them working 100%. The term "working" and "mostly working" in the game's description shouldn't sway you to buy, those terms are used way too loosely in the biz, and really don't mean much.

I usually tell the seller that whether it works or not isn't nearly as important to me as the cosmetic condition.

#20997 2 years ago

Did anybody here nab that $250 "Ice Show" in Ohio?

1 week later
#21043 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Posted on Mr Pinball this AM:
Jack In The Box, 1973 Gottlieb: 550
Project Jack in The Box. Selling as-is. Players game. Good playfield with a little wear. Backglass has been touched up. Legs, coin door, coin entrance housing good. Cabinet yellowed from smoking and has been poorly touched up in a few spots. Power cord needs replaced. Drop targets need to be replaced (Pinball Resource sells) or I can give you some spares I took off games I shopped (1 is broken and 3 are wrong). Back door missing. Pics available and will send to serious buyers. I'm also selling a '66 Williams Hot Line. Jack in The Box $550, Hot Line $450. Both games $900.
David Hoover
[email protected], Trivoli, Illinois 61569

Where's "hoov" been lately?

1 week later
#21109 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Did you get to see Rick or Big Hoss? Shake their hand, maybe .
Is there anything special about it or does it look like all the other crapped out pawn shops I frequent.

I've spoken with people who've been there. They all say it's a much smaller place than you might think from watching the TV show.
The "Old Man" was the best. It's not the same without him. His best line ever: "Chumlee, I think you played with too much merkree (mercury) when you was a kid."

#21145 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This reminds me of the pinsider who bought a base ball machine with no head. All of the wires had been cut. Then he located a head from somewhere. When it shipped in, it had the same cut wires. He just by chance got the original head from his base ball machine.

My brother once bought a "North Star" head at a show. Found the body for it (ebay listing) like 12 years later. They were from the very same machine, and somehow got separated.
I found a head for a Gottlieb "Pleasure Isle" (only 235 produced). I had the lower part for about six years. A friend of mine found it at a car show, and picked it up for me cheap. The head turned up in Florida, and although there's no way to know for sure (no serial number on the head) the back story seemed to indicate that it was from that very game. Both had similar wear and tear as well.

1 month later
#21453 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Dayton/77535/3052458
Lots of machine up for auction here:
Bally Wizard Pinball Machine
Bally Fireball Pinball Machine
Bally Star-Jet Pinball Machine
Bally Xenon Pinball Machine
Among others

Damn. That's a serious pinhead. Did one of us die?

#21455 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

This looks like the collection of PMcGee. He lives in Denton where the auction is being held, owns a Xenon, Star Jet and Friendship 7, and hasn’t logged into Pinside in five years.

Nice bit of research. Sure looks like his collection.

#21462 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Please update your profile with a location and your pin list, so we’ll know it’s your collection we’re buying some day.

I don't wanna die!

#21466 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Ok so let’s compromise. Pm me a complete list of your pins, separated into working and projects. I’ll pick half of your pins, and your bring them to York and I’ll pay you what I would want to pay for them at your estate sale. Deal?

Bring them to York? I better get started!

#21475 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Here's a picture of the truck I'll bring, just to help you plan on how much to bring to the show....[quoted image]

You'll need a double axle in the rear!

#21480 2 years ago

Just checked the auction results. Crazy contrast to the nutty prices at the Banning auction. Some good deals were had. Does anyone know who this guy is, or was? Did he pass away?

#21486 2 years ago

If it was near me, I'd grab it.

#21508 2 years ago

You scored, dude!

#21520 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This was the one I scored for John! Held it till he picked it up. Let’s be real, for an highly desirable EM, it wasn’t like it was Banning, sky high pricing.
The self-proclaimed “Crazy Cat Lady” who I got it off of (who was a huge flake and it took 4 tries to get her to show up and actually sell it) had the game for many many years.
When I picked it up and we were talking I promised her when it was finished, I’d show her the restoration and she could see what great hands the game was in. The game could live a new life with someone who truly appreciated it and was skilled enough to give it the treatment it deserved. She was thrilled when I sent her your restoration work, and called me very excitedly. She shared the pictures with her family who grew up with it in the house.
She ended up coming to my pinball show and having a great time, despite the fact we weren’t able to get a Cowpoke![quoted image][quoted image]

Was this one in a storage unit a bit north of Saratoga?

#21524 2 years ago

I looked at it a couple of years ago while attending the Saratoga show. Woman met us at the storage unit. Game was directly on the floor at the front of the unit. Thought it was pretty rough, so I made her a commensurate offer. She thought it was worth a lot more, so we left and headed back to the show.

1 week later
#21529 2 years ago
Quoted from Adm927:

Did Bluespin take a vacation? Lol no posts in about 5 days or so. Odd

Maybe headed up to York, but I didn't see him there. I met him once, but don't remember what he looks like.
Lotsa guys I missed meeting again, eg. @irishbastard, @gotemwill, I've met gdonovan before, but didn't see him there either.
Hung out with Murphdom and chatted with @jaytrem, @wolverinetuner, @electricsquirrel, and @poppapin. It's nice to meet pinsiders in person.
Nobody ever remembers to wear their badge, and I forgot to this time as well.

#21547 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

We met three years ago at Pinfest and you don't remember what I look like? Next you'll tell me that you don't remember that restored Majorettes that you promised to sell me for $100. Say it ain't so Joe...

One game I've never owned.

#21551 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

May pinball goddess, Pintuna, bless all with reasonably priced acquisitions
and cures the Banning price demons.

Huh. And all this time, I've been praying to Pinelope!

#21558 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Anyone in Orange County California and can pick up an em pin for me for a fee? If so send me a pm. Thanks.

Let us know if you get it, and what game it is.

#21580 2 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

It's mine now! Thanks Blues & VC

Let's see it, DT.

#21601 2 years ago
Quoted from jsf24:

Did a quick search and can't seem to find the two woodrails on ipdb.
reading.craigslist.org link

I only see one. The "South Seas" is a Bally "Beach Queens" in disguise. It's a one-ball game. Probably was on a list of illegal gambling devices, so the backglass
was modified with a different name in order to give the cops the slip. This was often done on bingo machines.

1 week later
#21635 2 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

a work in progress.....
[quoted image]

It's going to be nice!

#21638 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Williams: Three Deuces
Wood rail pinball
Dallas TX
$100.00
https://offerup.com/item/detail/1296370605?q=pinball+machine

Yeah, 1920s! I'd grab this in a heartbeat if I was close by.

#21665 2 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Gottlieb Cover Girl
$400
Hackettstown, NJ
newjersey.craigslist.org link
Looks cool! Beautiful art. Nice price, imo!

Well that didn't last long!

#21683 2 years ago

Already gone (hee, hee!).

#21703 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Rick and Morty and Mel and Doug

Mel and Carol and Doug and Alice.

#21729 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Gottlieb Fun Land, 1968.
Estate sale 11/13 & 14 in South Jersey. Says its working condition. Photo isn't great but it doesn't look too beat up. Slot machine, jukebox and some other stuff that might be interesting to this crowd too.
Found it on craigslist, which also had a link to estatesales.net with more info.
southjersey.craigslist.org link
https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Voorhees/08043/3096990

Some nice stuff there. They know their priorities though; first photo is the pinball machine!

1 week later
#21793 2 years ago

Probably not a project. NFL Ravens game, but man, look at the rest of the stuff in this estate sale!
Talk about living like a king!

#21795 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

That town is home of the Jets training facility. The owner probably figured if he got the Jets version it wouldn't play too well.

I'm familiar with Florham Park. I once had a work site right nearby in Livingston. I actually bought that rare foreign game called "Speed Rush" from a home in Florham Park.

#21796 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

figured if he got the Jets version it wouldn't play too well.

Oh, that's right!

#21797 2 years ago

Oh, Jaytrem! Yeah, I got the "Speed Rush" from there!

#21799 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

You should return it to NJ where it clearly belongs!

It came from South Africa. It's time in NJ wasn't terribly pleasant. It sat outside under a tarp for about two years before I rescued it.

#21810 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Freshie / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1949
Production: Unknown
Cost: $250 obo
OP: I have this 1949 Williams pinball machine for $250 ob offer. It does work but needs restoring there is parts on eBay. I’ve restored these in the past but no longer can do to health issues. This is my my last one I need to sell. Last year I was offered $500 but I wasn’t selling at the time. If interested please call or text ONLY! No email! Thanks!

"Freshie" doesn't look very fresh! Major project for sure.

#21813 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Joe I was tempted to say this but I didn’t want to be a “turkey” this close to Thanksgiving. Thanks for eliminating this temptation for me.

He should have taken the $500 offer!

#21814 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Neither do the items in that Beantown deal!
I know these are projects but......

The "BQ", and jukebox?
They're not too bad. Not like they were left outside for a couple of years, like the "Freshie".

#21815 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Freshie / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1949
Production: Unknown
Cost: $250 obo
OP: I have this 1949 Williams pinball machine for $250 ob offer. It does work but needs restoring there is parts on eBay. I’ve restored these in the past but no longer can do to health issues. This is my my last one I need to sell. Last year I was offered $500 but I wasn’t selling at the time. If interested please call or text ONLY! No email! Thanks!

Ad already deleted. I guess someone wanted it bad enough. More power to them.

#21841 2 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Great art and theme but looks like a dog of a player. Anyone ever play one?

Played one at Pintastic. Good looking game, but not much to do. Not the worst, but nothing much as a player.

#21852 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Don't ask me wth happened with that last post.
But anyways. Only 6 Gottlied true AAB "Wow" machines were produced,
with Team One and Lucky Hand being 2 of them..

What about "Gold Strike"?
It has "WOW" in huge letters on the playfield, and it certainly is an add-a-ball game!

#21866 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

A true Wow machine goes up to only 5 balls, with the backglasses'

How so? I think you're splitting hairs here. I was actually quite disappointed when I first played "Bank Shot" brand new in our local arcade. To me, this was a watered down add-a-ball game, but I guess Gottlieb had to do something after the patsy "Gold Strike". This design also made the domestic and export games pretty much identical.

#21870 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I can see Gold Strike's glass having 5 hidden Wows and being the first of the Wow machines
(having a Wow stepper),

Don't mean to derail this thread, and this will be my final posting in response to @mopar.
By your reasoning, the earlier export games, such as "Lucky Strike" were also "true WOW games", because they only allowed five free balls won per ball in play.
They were tallied by five "hidden" objects on the backglass. In the case of "Lucky Strike", the five cactus flowers which are not present on the backglass of "Gold Strike". The only difference being (as on the later export games as well, e.g. "Lucky Card"), is that the word "WOW" was never used on the backglass to indicate extra balls. To me, all add-a-ball games using the term "WOW" are true WOW games, the first being "Hearts and Spades".

2 weeks later
#21912 2 years ago

Decent looking "Ship Ahoy". Not sure if it's worth the asking price though.

#21913 2 years ago

"Old Chicago" in working condition as stated.

#21914 2 years ago

"Tropic Fun" in working condition. Reasonably priced.

#21915 2 years ago

Williams "Triple Action". Needs some adjustments.

#21916 2 years ago

Supposedly working. If you like clowns, but this game is a major snoozefest!
Really pricey for a dog of a game.

#21917 2 years ago

longisland.craigslist.org link
Pretty nicked up playfield, and custom graphics on the lightbox. Not one you see every day though.

#21918 2 years ago

longisland.craigslist.org link
If anyone wants a Williams "Blue Chip", here ya' go.

#21931 2 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

If they were good deals JR would already own them! (Hi Joe)

Hah! Well, rescued this one today.
And yes, she said it would have gone in the trash if no one bought it.
Picked it up for Murphdom who was the lucky high bidder.

20211218_122723 (resized).jpg20211218_122723 (resized).jpg20211218_122924 (resized).jpg20211218_122924 (resized).jpg
#21935 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's the (idealized?) coronation of Queen Elizabeth II in the early 50s.
A swimsuit like that seems like a very odd choice, especially for the time.

If they could have gotten away with it, they'd have had her nekkid!

#21944 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Crosstown if anybody is interested.
Seems a bit high and features the famous advertising phrase "was working when I put it in storage 30 years ago".
inlandempire.craigslist.org link

Seems sketchy. Photos show the game set up. Didn't he plug it in and try it? I don't think those photos are 30 or more years old.

#21955 2 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

What are the odds?
Joe......???[quoted image]

Twasn't me!

2 weeks later
#22036 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Good move. Target Alpha is Gottlieb's most horrible EM beast.

Much too common. A yawner to play. Yes, same playfield layout as "Gold Strike" and "El Dorado", but that's where the similarity ends. "Canada Dry" is the same game (unfortunately) but has nice artwork.

#22038 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Oh, and don't forget Solar City!!

Same stinker.

#22059 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I don't know if this is still out there - its been listed for 20 weeks.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/570851054068438/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A2e7a7ec6-1d8b-4f33-9613-8496e288f955
6 - Palace Guard
10 Royal Guard
I keep getting an upload error when I try to add pics.

That's crazy!

#22061 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

$13,000 for 16 average EMs is crazy.

I wonder what diabolical plan he had for those 16. At least hopefully they'll remain original now. But... who wants so many multiples of the same/similar title of a mediocre game? Now, if it was "King of Diamonds"/"Diamond Jack", he might have something there.

#22063 2 years ago

Hmm. Pretty clever, but like the old TV show, eight is enough!
Game isn't listed on IPDB, or Pinball Owners.

#22080 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Lucky Ace - no bg

I believe Mayfair had a couple of Williams "High Ace" backglasses which would probably work in "Lucky Ace". Not sure if they are nicked up or not, but I'm pretty sure I saw him with that glass at a show.

#22086 2 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Williams first flipper game if I'm not mistaken.

Kordek boasted that his "Triple Action" was the first pinball machine with two flippers in the conventional location; at the bottom of the playfield.
The first Williams flipper game is "Sunny".

#22092 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Too add from above " Genco wanted to cost cut " by using two flippers instead of six.
As in Gottlieb's Humdty Dumpty.

Yes, true, and a good thing they did. I believe though that pure logic would have eventually determined the modern standard flipper position, but Genco and Steve Kordek were the first to do it.

1 week later
#22179 2 years ago

Thanks Zac! I shared this to Jaymach1 and he picked it up a few hours later. Figured I’d give the thread an update. Boards are toast and backglass is severely faded.[quoted image][quoted image]
(Rotated for ease of viewing)

Yeah, I was offered this game, and was told it was a fuse.
I gave her the straight scoop (likely needs boards, and a new backglass), and since this wouldn't be a keeper for me, offered her $100. I figured I wouldn't hear back from her!

#22183 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I didn’t know you would even make an offer on a solid state. Maybe all of us EM guys should start getting them because, really, how hard can it be to change a fuse?

I've had several System 1 Gottliebs and got them working. Never paid very much for a non-working one. This wouldn't be a keeper for me, so I have to think about how much I can make on the game. Not worth my while unless I can get the game really cheap. If the backglass were good, I would have offered more.

#22188 2 years ago

Yeah, "Teacher's Pet" is a really good player. You'll love it!

2 weeks later
#22278 2 years ago
Quoted from Duramadmax:

It was "electronic" devices used in old tv's, radios, etc before solid state was developed. They have to warm up before they will function properly...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_tube

Tube pinball machines have a warmer sound.

4 weeks later
#22379 2 years ago

I have a headless Bally "Campus Queen". Would love to find a head with an English version backglass.

#22419 2 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I hate mdf but I love the deals it gets me on restore projects.
Bad cabs are my jam
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice cabinet repairs!

#22454 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

It's Warrington, Pa.
Anybody want me to nab this for Pinfest?

In days past, I'd have taken your offer. I wonder if this is the same one which sold at Pinfest a few years ago. I know the guy who sold it, and I had my eye on it at the time. Cute little game, and very attractive looking.

#22466 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's certainly way up there. I've only been that close to the border a couple times picking up games. Lots of winding roads. It's a tiring drive.

And you have a pretty good head start!

#22491 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Ad says Jungle Fever which is rare, but it’s a Gottlieb Jungle King.

And it's already gone.

#22496 2 years ago

Gottlieb Top Card & Williams Lady Luck
Both for $250!
Very beaten up machines, although Top Card doesn't look half bad. Lady Luck, on the other hand...
Located in Norfolk, VA
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/488326232993885/
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sadly, something tells me that these two are headed for a landfill or incinerator. I hope someone will step up and save them, even if just for parts.

#22503 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

and --woosh-- it's gone.

Wow. I'd have grabbed that. I bet I know who did.

#22531 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Wondering what bottom cab that is.. def not pro football.

Good eye. "Pro Football" doesn't have a shooter rod, and this cabinet has an opening for one.

#22536 2 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Not a pinball. But free on the curb. 160 Bergen. NJ.
[quoted image]

How did you get the photo?

#22578 2 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Phone number was out of Arizona. Scam

You can't always go by the phone number. I've had company cell phones, one which had a California number. Probably was a scam though.

#22594 2 years ago

Pictures for anyone that wants to see it. Hoping someone will save it!
[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like they have the torch lighter ready to go if no one gets it!

#22608 2 years ago

Looks like it's still available. The last time there was a situation like this, I was able to grab the game for a fellow Pinsider, and the owner told me that the game would have gone in the trash if I hadn't come for it. Someone needs to scoop this game up pronto!

1 week later
#22743 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Meanwhile, the left slingshot has a rubber that's blown apart. I think there may be a few other issues than just a switch...

Still looks pretty good for $450.

#22748 2 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

With a jumping jack next to it..

Maybe he's a calisthenics instructor.

#22761 2 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Bally Evil Knievel for $250 in Fowlerville, Michigan. Major project.
"Poor condition, restore or parts machine"
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/722573912077772/[quoted image][quoted image]

Crazy how the glass broke at a right angle like that. Didn't know that they didn't use tempered glass for the backglass, like Gottlieb did. I guess because of the lift channel along the bottom edge?

#22771 2 years ago

'70s Gottlieb backglasses are tempered. I found out the hard way with a "Target Alpha" glass a while back.

1 week later
#22858 1 year ago
Quoted from justincasekazoo:

Wowie, what a thread! This is my kind of place! I looked back a few pages, and I'm already green with envy.
HydrogenHuman, you are crushing it. What a wonderful thing you snagged that Grand Slam. Have you played it before? It's one of my absolute favorites. I won't even ask what you had to give for it because I know I'll be envious.
Here's a Gottlieb College Daze, 1949. Van Wert, Ohio. Asking $400, obo. Too far from me or I'd've snagged it.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1125371354690568
(More photos on the listing.)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Historically significant game, if nothing else. Wayne Neyens first Gottlieb design.

#22860 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

For those interested in this I asked for more photos.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

To each his own, but to me, this is one of the ultimate dogs.
Would be a great "kid's first game" though.

#22867 1 year ago

Don't tell me. Next posting will either be for a "RoGo", or a Bally "El Toro"!

#22883 1 year ago

Deal of the Day! FREE Bally El Toro
Located in Rochester, NY
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1417584038683551/
[quoted image]

See. I knew it!

#22888 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

You win the thread today for predicting that.

Thanks Tom. I graciously accept!

2 weeks later
#23000 1 year ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Hopefully, the axe is not going to be used on it! If nothing else, lots of good parts there.

Was gonna say, the implication seems to be, "if nobody buys it, it's getting busted up!"

#23010 1 year ago
Quoted from Hairball:

FREE
Sky Jump
Los Angeles area
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/5862224030471014/
Condition is what you would expect for the price
[quoted image]
“Hi , we have a sky jump pinball machine that is in rough condition . probably can be only use for parts and if someone can rebuild the cabinet it’s all there was running fine when it was put away 25 years ago this is the only one they got ruined all my others are still in good shape it’s very sad to see something like this in this condition specially to the pinball world I’m giving this away for free for somebody that will come and pick it up and hopefully can use it for parts or Restore it as I have no time to do this anymore , The glass Plainfield is an excellent condition other that weather conditions have deteriorated as it was not completely covered over it’s time here , we live in the city of West Covina that is about a half hour drive east of Los Angeles if anybody can come and help rescue this beautiful machine it would be very appreciated . Like I mentioned mention it’s free for anybody that can come and take it and use Parts ! thank you ”

The lockdown bar alone is worth $150 these days.

#23013 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I tried to buy a Gottlieb lock down bar at Pinfest for my 1967 Super Score. A rough one was $185, a nice one was $265. For the game I bought for $250.

Really? I had one in my hands that would work for your game, and I got the guy down to $125. I still passed. It was for a friend, and he didn't want to spend that much.

#23016 1 year ago
Quoted from BubbaK:

I got 2 Shark fin bars for $75 each from the guy in the back corner of the flea market. Is this the bar you need?

Yeah, that's the one.

#23084 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Seller also has the following pins. Click on the link above, then click on the seller commerce profile to see all of his listings.
Triple Strike $150
Gottlieb Woodrail $150
Big Ben $150

It's Jeff Moorhead. He brings a truckload of projects to Pinfest and York shows. He's got tonnage! Good guy.

#23105 1 year ago
Quoted from Hairball:

Gottlieb Foto Finish
Saint Paul, MN
$250
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1393289094430873/
Seller:
I plugged it in, lights went on. Plugged in again and found out they are shorting. Will need work. Let me know if you are interested.
[quoted image]

Check out those crazy bumper replacements!

#23107 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Keen eye there Joe.

Seriously? How can you miss them?

#23197 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Is duotron a good game? I love the backglass so much I keep wanting to pick one up...

My brother had one once which was converted to add-a-ball. It's another one of those Gottlieb games which is only fun if you're playing a multi-player game.

#23226 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Wish me luck, guys! I couldn't say no
So far I got "Maybe tomorrow" in response to my message... I'll update if this happens!

Good luck, and if you get it, I'd like to see how well all that dirt preserved the playfield!

#23311 1 year ago

Wow, why is that backglass so nice???

Not so nice. The reds on the soldier's uniforms is always flaked. These are as well. Otherwise, not too bad.

#23330 1 year ago

OK you west coasters. Here's one for you! I'd be on it if it was here on the east coast.

#23336 1 year ago

Gottlieb "King Pin" in NJ. $500. Not worth that much IMHO.
cnj.craigslist.org link

#23370 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

A surprisingly fun game with horrid art.

Absolutely!

#23376 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverLiningMan:

Many thanks to Turkishdisko for posting this. I was the third caller but got lucky and was able to nab it. Woke up at 4am this morning to make the 8-hour RT to get it. Very friendly family who inherited the game when they moved in to a house back in 1985 and never got it running. Check out its neighbors in its natural habitat! Should clean up nice—looking forward to saving this beauty. Thanks to the folks who post games here; just wanted to share a happy ending with y’all.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great nab! I'd have been in panic mode to try to get it if it was out my way.

#23385 1 year ago
Quoted from Garrett:

But the ledge can actually be a bit of a knee banger.

I'll bet many a child lacerated a knee or thigh on that shelf, especially if it was mixed in with other "normal" cabinets in a row of games.
That design may have offered some advantages, but overall, it wasn't a good idea. I'm not a fan.

#23395 1 year ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

Um… Slick Chick?
$50
Billerica, Mass.
www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5366273490093943/

Umm...not anymore! Now $750!

4 weeks later
#23505 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Free Fall
Gottlieb aab em
Long Island, NY
Pinsider mrclean
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138614

Long Island? Sounds eerily similar to this one in Massachusetts.

Screenshot_2022-07-09-12-04-47-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2022-07-09-12-04-47-1 (resized).png
#23520 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

tomcons has recreated the playfield glass. I could be mistaken but the head is just a light box essentially. A backglass with a light bulb. He could fill you in with more details. It could be recreated as well.

Playfield glass is missing. Someone redid the backglass?
Edit: Aha, I see! The playfield glass has much of the artwork on it.
That's really unique!

1 month later
#23699 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Calling Otaco!

Who???

1 week later
#23743 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

Thanks for the heads up, Dono. Just brought this home. Surface dirt only, nice condition cab and coin door, most paperwork with it including schematic taped to back door. The very nice seller wouldn't take full price because I'd driven 2 hours.

Put it next to "Astro".

1 week later
#23757 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Thoro Bred / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: February 1965
Production: 1,750
Cost: $850 obo
Link/Contact: jacksonville.craigslist.org link
OP: This unit is almost completely restored has been played & work for years recently plugged it in and it doesn’t turn on not sure what the problem is probably something simple $850 or best offer
Me: Almost completely restore, but won't start a game. If it was something simple, wouldn't the restorer have fixed it? Maybe the battery leaked on the mpu.

I would guess perhaps one of those troublesome slam switches. I've run into a few cases of that lately.

#23788 1 year ago

I got one for free once!

2 weeks later
#23812 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Get the Ro Go instead. It is $ 150 paid to whoever takes it

Hah. Was thinking the same thing. My wife's brother-in-law owns one (his only pin). Luckily, he got it free, and it's in pretty good condition. I don't even bother playing it anymore when we visit. What's the point?

1 week later
#23832 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I think Satin Doll should be on this list for one of the top worst.

Nah. I played the one at the show. It brought back memories, because I don't think I've played one since the arcade days back in the '70s. I flipped the reels; 109,...
Way more fun than "Ro-Go"!
"SD" has attractive coloring too, and those atomic jet bumpers are super fast.

#23833 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Hi-score pool has to be the worst.

I don't really consider that game a pinball machine, but it sure is a yawner!

#23837 1 year ago

I'd definitely take a "Big Ben" over a "Ro-Go". It does have drop targets!

#23843 1 year ago

Chime on/off switch? That’s awesome!
Post pics of the wiring on that sucker

Not hard to do. I wouldn't drill a hole in the front door for the switch though. Under the cabinet would be a better option.

4 weeks later
#23908 1 year ago

@pinhead52...your next victim?

#23918 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Odd bird.. not listed on IPDB.

It looks like a "renamed" Bally "Beach Queens". These games were often disguised with a different name so that they wouldn't be confiscated as gambling devices. Apparently, law enforcement had lists with names of bingo games that were illegal. A bit of necessary trickery.

1 week later
#23940 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Sold. Did anyone here grab it?
I would have gotten it, but I'm waiting at home for someone (supposedly) to buy a machine that I'm selling. Had to make the choice to stay and wait, or go and grab the Triple Action. Oh well.

It was actually a "Star Action" (non-replay version). No replay unit, white base cabinet, and 10x score values over "Triple Action".
Somebody got a good deal!

1 month later
#24031 1 year ago

No lockdown bar and bad glass?
I can't see it, but if the rest of it is good, it's still a great deal.

#24035 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That's a very strange backglass condition. Could possibly be painted in to look decent.
I haven't seen the rest of the game. It's a desirable title.

2 weeks later
#24099 1 year ago

Long Island! 3 days left, who wants to bet the auction ends above 1k?

If the playfield is nice, I could use it. Hate driving to LI though, even though it's not really far for me.

#24105 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

If the playfield is nice, I could use it. Hate driving to LI though, even though it's not really far for me.

Nah. Not for me, but still a good deal if it stays at $99.

Screenshot_2023-01-16-20-57-55-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2023-01-16-20-57-55-1 (resized).png
#24113 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I'm in touch with the seller.
It'll probably take around $600.00 to "restore" this one. The machine isn't really worth much more than that in working condition. Still.....on a mission to save.....

I hope you get it.

#24124 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You ain't got a hair on your ass unless you strap a machine on to this bad boy and pull it right along with you.
[quoted image]

I once got a free pinball machine; a Williams "Dealer's Choice".
Only thing; it was in a second story walkup apartment in Midtown Manhattan with super narrow staircases with curves at the upper and lower ends. Went to get it on a Sunday, figuring the traffic would be light. Of course it was, but the other side of that coin was that everyone with a car had it parked on the street. So, I had to park about three blocks away, and it was about 95° that day. Long story short, I don't think I'd have been able to do it if it was today at my current age and condition.
What an ordeal. I was absolutely exhausted by the time I had hand trucked the head and legs to my truck, and it was all I could do to muster the strength to lift the four-player head onto the tailgate.
Then, I got into the truck which was about 130° inside by then!
Free, but I sure paid for it in sweat!

#24134 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

It went for 338.33. Not bad, but not for me either.

That's too much for the condition.
I guess someone's happy.

2 weeks later
#24233 1 year ago

A buddy of mine snagged this game. It was an eight hour round trip for him. He's thrilled with it. Only missing the backbox door.
Probably hasn't been played in fifty years!

IMG_5868 (resized).jpgIMG_5868 (resized).jpg
#24236 1 year ago

I once got a free "Alive" home model. When I got it home, I pulled and reseated all the connectors, and it worked.

#24294 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I asked them if the mouse nest is free of charge.
Waka Waka Waka Waka!
I'm pretty sure they don't know how to remove the glass

I believe that game has a lift up glass. Funny!

#24306 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

is that something a 3d printer could make replacement parts for?

There are other solutions. Steve at PBR says that you should just machine a metal sleeve. I had a "King Rex", and I just wrapped wire around the broken clutch piece, and problem solved!

3 weeks later
#24382 1 year ago

Home model "Big Top". The commercial version is a dog, so the home model can't be very good. For $30, it might be worth it as a kid's first pin.

#24391 1 year ago
Quoted from Jets_1479:

Not a project per se. However, a good amount of united parts are available in Dallas for just $100. Be a service to offer to united project owners. Be fairly easy to recover $100 selling the various parts.

I believe that's a bingo machine, but there's likely some parts applicable to a pinball.

#24394 1 year ago
Quoted from sparky672:

Listing description says it's from a 1952/3 United "Rodeo" pinball machine.

It's a bingo, and a pretty scarce one at that. Compare these photos.
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=6209&picno=63436&zoom=1
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=6209&picno=63437&zoom=1

#24396 1 year ago
Quoted from sparky672:

Ok, I get what you're saying now. It's a "bingo", not a "pinball", but it's still a Rodeo.

United made bingo "pinball" machines as well as flipper pinballs (and pre-flipper). They often used the same name for a bingo game and a pinball, but in this case, they didn't make a true pinball machine called "Rodeo".
Only two bingos; a one card version (which is quite rare, and appears to be the one whose motor/relay panels are being offered for sale), and a three card version.

#24406 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Surf Side
Gottlieb em
$375 obo
Danbury, CT
Pinsider Romano54
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/153271

I'm not sure what he means by "converted to push rod".

#24418 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I'm all over that! Thanks!

That game looks nice for the price.
Let us know if you get it.

1 week later
#24440 1 year ago

I hope the tenants have been evicted! A shame. I don't think I've ever seen or played one of those.

#24443 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Only 825 produced.

I bet most of them went overseas.
You just don't see some of those Bally games from the sixties.

#24463 1 year ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Dang. Wish this was closer to me. Wouldn't hesitate. Gorgeous.

Yup. Same here.

#24474 1 year ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Bally Hootenany
$50
Milford, Illinois
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/178353514584699/?mibextid=6ojiHh

That's quite a deal. The backglass is shot, but the playfield looks cherry!

#24492 1 year ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Williams Argosy
$250
Columbus, OH
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/901987791086440/?mibextid=6ojiHh
[quoted image]

Crazy good condition for that price!

1 month later
#24654 10 months ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Free Williams Big Ben
Otisville, MI
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/926568101938529/?mibextid=6ojiHh
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If any game should be "free". Especially in that condition!
There's a bunch of good parts though.

2 weeks later
#24749 10 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Game is going to a friend in Illinois. He was first to message me.

Dayyumm! Great deal. I have an NOS "Poseidon" backglass (which would work), and an NOS playfield for it. Would have been on it like a duck on a June bug if I was anywhere near you.

2 weeks later
#24822 9 months ago
Quoted from steviechs:

Not sure if this is project material or horror pics, maybe both:
https://hibid.com/lot/160128397/pinball-machine

Williams "Big Deal". No head?
What did it sell for?

#24868 9 months ago
Quoted from Garrett:

$275 Willam's Funfest
THIS IS A PARTS MACHINE. 90% . Has no legs, no back door, missing 2 coils,the 00-99 coil and sling shot coil, other than that looks complete. Wire harness to head have been cut . Backglass in good shape but not great. Coin door nice, chime unit complete but has burn up coils.again great parts machine, pick up unit in Northville, mi. From on price
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2066219627045962?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Af8272486-b407-4632-a5f5-f03044a06881

"From on price" (sic).
I wonder if this is the actual game being sold since this one apparently has legs.

#24869 9 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

"From on price" (sic).
I wonder if this is the actual game being sold since this one apparently has legs.

Is it yours, @Garrett?

3 weeks later
#24926 8 months ago
Quoted from mark532011:

interesting backbox, it has a completely different paint graphic than mine.

That's a backbox from a Gottlieb "Olympics".

#24927 8 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

That is an appropriate price for El Toro.

Wrong "El Toro". This one (Williams) is a good game. The Bally one is the stinker.

2 weeks later
#24954 7 months ago

I got one for free years ago.
Would have kept it now, but quickly traded it for an EM.

1 month later
#25058 6 months ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Found a cabinet for a Williams Big Deal. Happy to sell and ship parts if anyone wants anything from it. Unfortunately the head was not there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Crazy how the underside of the playfield looks pretty damn good!

1 month later
#25188 5 months ago

Yeah, but it's a "rare model" with only 5350 made!

2 weeks later
#25283 4 months ago

For whatever reason, when I click that link it comes up in Malaysian

It's your phone. I have a phone that did the same thing. Somehow I was able to make it English again, but I don't know what I did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.