IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_in_nc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1321 8 years ago

Well lookie here. This looks like an interesting thread..

1 week later
#1444 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nope, it certainly wont... you should only have 2 expectations when it comes to CL sellers...
1. Always assume that the seller is a clueless drooling dipshit, because 80% of them are.
2. Expect that the value of what they're selling is actually 50% or less of the dilutional price they're asking,

CL has been very kind to me. Yes, there is a lot of wading through BS but every once in a while you can grab a diamond in the rough for a song.
You have to be willing to take a road trip. I get many good leads in places that are very rural. You also need to be able to judge people and make them trust you. Nothing like paying sight unseen to gain trust. If I am underpaying for a pin, I will actually tell the seller, they like knowing I'm not a thief (just an opportunist with cash)

1 month later
#1946 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Well sheeit... an unknown buyer snagged the Fan-Tas-Tic out from under us.
That's how it goes in the Wild West of Craigslist... :/
Pretty sure we'll find another Fan-Tas-Tic by TPF 2017. Hope so, anyway.

Funny to see love for Fan-Tas-Tic. That's a game that is commonly parted out.

#1958 7 years ago

Missing legs and bolts but looks NICE

Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Target Alpha / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1976
Production: 7,285
Cost: $400 OBRO
Link/Contact: chicago.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Got a web page of pictures I can send you.
The bad:
No legs, no leg bolts, no head bolts, no keys (both head and coin door are locked), no manual.
The medium:
Untested, but can't imagine that it works.
The good:
Considering prices of pins these days, this is cheap!"

2 years later
#11830 5 years ago

Who can grab and hold this for me?

Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Central Park / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1966
Production: 3,100
Cost: $600 OBO
Seller: Jack Grenuk
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/299213816922644/?fref=nf
OP: Gottlieb Central Park Pinball Project Complete AS-IS in Alpharetta, GA
For sale is a project Central Park. The machine is complete, but needs to be gone through to get it working. The backglass is in very nice shape, and was sealed at one point. The playfield is beautiful with very little wear. All of the playfield plastics are intact. The cabinet is in decent shape as well. The machine will power up, but continues to cycle. I will admit that if this were a Hurdy Gurdy I would not be selling it but unfortunately it is not. The machine comes with a backdoor. I am listing this machine in AS-IS condition.
Asking $600 OBO. I'm located in Alpharetta, GA and the machine is easily accessible to ground level. If you have any questions, or need additional pictures, please let me know! Bob Cunningham comes through Atlanta often and would likely be an option for transport if you need it.
There are a few machines I would be interested in trading for, the list is here:
Gottlieb Majorettes
Gottlieb Flipper Fair
Gottlieb Lucky Hand
Gottlieb Strange World
Gottlieb Gold Strike
Gottlieb Dimension
Gottlieb Pin-Up
Gottlieb Atlantis
Gottlieb Melody
Gottlieb Hurdy Gurdy
Gottlieb T.K.O
Gottlieb Knockout
Gottlieb Asteroid Annie
Williams Skill Pool
Jack
IG: @jackgrenukpinball

#11835 5 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I could as well.

Turns out the gentleman found another buyer thank you all for the offers though

4 months later
#13282 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Thanks for the heads up....buddy of mine picking up tomorrow.

No your buddy misread the ad thinking 350 not 3500 doh!! Where are my damn glasses...

#13385 4 years ago
Quoted from dfrazer:

Gottlieb Cowpoke $650
albany.craigslist.org link
The seller said that the machine is located inside of a ground-level storage unit, so it should be an easy pickup for whoever gets this one.
Lockdown bar is not shown, but seller says that they do have it.

I messaged the seller, anyone in the area that could hold this for me?

2 weeks later
#13753 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I saw the ad on my phone and did not realize the box was on the cabinet body. I am going to look at it today (the seller lives a mile away from me so why not) but realizing that the legs are off and the head is flat on the machine I don't have a great feeling about it.

Uhhh why? that game is barely worth the ask even intact and working.

1 week later
#13873 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

<rant>
I don't mind missing out on cheap projects but it irks me when someone with no interest in pinball buys a project just because its cheap only to turn around and immediately relist it for over 3x what he paid IN THE SAME GROUP HE BOUGHT IT FROM. I mean at least clean it up a little or wait a week or two.
</rant>[quoted image]

Not my style but nobody is forcing anyone to buy/sell. It's a matter of perspective. What's the difference between this and any stock or commodity? This is still America last I checked. The "flipper" is still taking a risk and having to manage the transaction. More power to him/her I say.

1 week later
#14100 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Looks pretty rough but, Lockdown bar alone is worth more than that! Won't be there long that's for sure.

I’ll take these every day all day long $75 parts machine? You bet

2 weeks later
#14369 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’ve bought a “project in a box” before, two years later I’m still restoring it.
Price is killer but unless you have a Haunted House for reference GOOD LUCK!

I got a Flipper Clown in a box from the Silverball Museum maint guy no less, had been in pieces for 5 years reportedly. Lots of touchups on a badly worn and faded playfield. The cabinet was painted 3 times before I did my work on it.
Came out NICE
100_3514 (resized).JPG100_3514 (resized).JPGIMG_2579 (resized).JPGIMG_2579 (resized).JPGIMG_3005 (resized).JPGIMG_3005 (resized).JPG

IMG_3017 (resized).JPGIMG_3017 (resized).JPGPF-as-is (resized).JPGPF-as-is (resized).JPGlogo2 (resized).jpglogo2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#14847 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Cross Town / EM 1 Player
Features: Animated Backbox
Month/Year: September 1966
Production: 2,765
Cost: $250 OBO
Seller: Troy Gleason
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/958426214184968/permalink/2966073340086902/?sale_post_id=2966073340086902&rt=11
OP: For sale is a 1966 Gottlieb Pinball Machine for parts or to be restored. The end of the power cord has been cut so I don’t know if it powers up or not. The front of the cabinet does have some separation that needs to be repaired. I have a set of legs to go with it the game appears to have all parts. Asking $250

Deposit sent on it, had it listed for $200 when I got to put a deposit down so cool, the saved $50 will pay for the 7 hour round trip drive.

4 months later
#16214 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Those don't have listings anymore. Either they're legit and gone, or reported as a scam and removed.

Scam no doubt

1 month later
#16658 3 years ago

Parts machine - Trashed glass, playfield, cabinet and hardware.

1 month later
#17067 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am going to do something "totally out of character" for me. Typically I am not one to do "quick flips" but I had a chance to pick up a Gottlieb Spin Wheel today someone posted on Facebook for free. I don't "take advantage of people" so I emailed and told them I would gladly pay a "fair price" for the machine. Anyway the "seller" got back to me and we made a deal. So I ran down to pick it up a little while ago. My plans were to grab it and just part it out since it didn't sound all that nice but after taking a "quick look" at it I think it is way too nice to part out. If anyone fairly local would be interested in grabbing it from me $300 CASH will own it before I start messing with it.
Anyone who follows my post knows I am trying to get the garage emptied out so I can paint. So I really don't need another project sitting around. So I figured I would offer this up if anyone is interested - if not I'll just toss it into storage until Fall then bring it home and work on it after the garage is finished.
With travel cost and what I paid I need $300 FIRM for it. It is worth double that fixed up and about $750 in parts so I am not going to give it away. I just don't need another project right now so I figured I would pass it along if anyone was interested. It is still in my van so it will be a few hours before I can take a closer look or get pictures.

I have restored two spin wheels a VERY fun game.

1 week later
#17225 3 years ago

Fast Draw is waaaaay too good to be parted out.
Open your mind to EMs! Don’t believe the DMD-hype crowd, there are genuinely fun and entertaining EMs made! Fast Draw is great.

It must be fate I am up from North Carolina visiting my brother in Hollis New Hampshire with an empty pick up truck and $250 in my pocket on my way. Top that off with the fact I just ordered two Wade Krause fast draw/Quick Draw play fields

#17234 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Sounds like it was meant to be

I’ve got it. It is complete except for the back door but man it’s gonna need a new cabinet. water damaged would be understanding it. If anyone has a parts machine Cabinet P.m. me please.
46394EA2-5751-4F03-9058-27380DB34B89 (resized).jpeg46394EA2-5751-4F03-9058-27380DB34B89 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#17815 3 years ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

Street Fighter II
400 bucks. Uh extreme project.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/326728162035181
EDIT: Sellers got a decent looking working laserball too if you are trying to fill up space.

Juice ain't worth the squeeze

#17844 3 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

has this "21" on eBay been posted already? ebay.com link » Williams 21 Project Pinball Machine 2 Heads
buy it now for $100, listed as Port Clifton, OH.
-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

No brainer for parts alone. Hope someone saves it!

3 weeks later
#18236 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Here’s a used f-14 playfield says in excellent shape for 425.00 obo plus 35.00 for shipping.
ebay.com link

Excellent shape is a relative term, looks trashed to me.

2 weeks later
#18509 3 years ago

It’s been too long since this thread has produced a pin for me. I’m working on my last score Cow Poke. I think I have picked up at least two maybe three from leads here. Thanks for posting these guys!

1 month later
#18763 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/groups/299213816922644?view=permalink&id=1689806937863318
Big Daddy $200 obo
Cabinet repainted black but pf and bg look solid
How is this not sold? scam?

#18766 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/299213816922644?view=permalink&id=1689806937863318
Big Daddy $200 obo
Cabinet repainted black but pf and bg look solid
How is this not sold? scam?

Messaging seller now, to my surprise he’s responding. Dibs if legit

#18770 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Sale was pending got the address. Seller told her to bring a dolly etc. Hmm, she got called off with a weird excuse. They never want to admit they got a better offer. So it goes... Not worth getting bummed about.

Seller went dark.
Was to call me in an hour, two pass, finally responds sold pending pick-up

#18773 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Not trying to step on toes here. I wouldn't have even known about it if you wouldn't have posted.

Uhh I called dibs man. I was going to talk to the guy. If I sussed out he was for real I’d have prepaid for pickup at a later date. It was a long shot anyway

#18779 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Sorry I guess? In between your posts my wife had a deal setup. I don't even have Facebook so the initial opportunity was all yours.
Everybody hates it when a seller doesn't honor the first in, until they do...and that doesn't go over either I guess. Anyway I should probably just shut up as we all know nothing is certain until it's in your truck and you're pulling out of their driveway. Of course there was the time (long story) that wasn't enough either so...

No worries, If I was all that hot and bothered for it, I wouldn't have posted it here. I'm a Gottlieb guy but really like the art on this one.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#18951 3 years ago

The retheme on that machine is a head scratcher.

2 weeks later
#19090 3 years ago

Not a project (anymore) but for the sake of much needed space, sacrifices must be made. Fully restored by yours truly.
1960 Gottlieb Merry-Go-Round
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/107140
Update: Sold

#19092 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

You could sell me your Fast Draw or your Quick Draw and still have space for that restored beauty.

I'd still be 4 over capacity. One is going to a family member, not sure which yet. They are in pieces. My fun with these is just getting started after 5 years waiting for playfields to be made.

#19102 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Flying Circus
Gottlieb em
$450
Gloucester, va
Pinsider jrdjhnson
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/107159

Very pretty game and looks to be in good cosmetic shape.

#19104 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I go to a Friday night auction all of the time. I have been bit when they say "2 times the money". I thought I was bidding $10.00 and turns out it was $20.00.

So do you only pay half in a Dutch auction?

#19109 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have never been to a Dutch auction and I am not familiar with them....

That was a joke son, a joke I say. (Boy’s as sharp as the leading edge of a basketball, basketball that is)

#19111 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Sorry. I did not see your joke icon.

I like to sneak my jokes in. No apologies or offense intended my friend. When you go Dutch (as on a date you split the tab) thought it was a clever play on the theme. Ymmv
Your description of auction practices was very informative. They certainly play a few games to keep the bids coming in and you have to think confusion of the bidders is certainly one of their objectives.

#19138 3 years ago

Anyone want a Sea Raider? Took on a few projects and coming back to reality I’m not going to get to them all. $650 obo Chapel Hill Nc. Barn fresh, will need love to bring to life but it’s complete E6C8F64D-B264-469C-8E2E-0ABA6AC3C767 (resized).jpegE6C8F64D-B264-469C-8E2E-0ABA6AC3C767 (resized).jpeg

3BA277E7-5524-45DC-A6C5-8E2B96B9AB09 (resized).jpeg3BA277E7-5524-45DC-A6C5-8E2B96B9AB09 (resized).jpeg57B98ED9-4330-4547-A3F2-5834D6C8BEC9 (resized).jpeg57B98ED9-4330-4547-A3F2-5834D6C8BEC9 (resized).jpeg71734A79-CA95-44CC-965B-787C4123670E (resized).jpeg71734A79-CA95-44CC-965B-787C4123670E (resized).jpeg

Added over 3 years ago:

Game is spoken for

3 weeks later
#19294 3 years ago

Poof! That didn’t last long. Great price and the playfield looked fantastic. Worth 900-1000 in today’s market in my opinion

3 weeks later
#19497 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Change some facts: if it was a male teacher having sex with an underage female would it be ok?
Throw her ass in jail, same standard applies.

Uh no it’s not the same. Should it be?? Maybe but it’s not the same. I doubt the boy will spend any time crying into his pillow over being seduced.

2 weeks later
#19667 3 years ago

Dont let the pc police catch you with it. You’ll be fired, barred, blacklisted and canceled!

Quoted from tomdrum:Posted on Mr Pinball this AM:
Minstrel Man, 1951 Gottlieb: $1200 OBO
Needs restoration, nice playfield, respectable cabinet and backglass is toast, backglass should be available from The Shay Group. I inherited this and would like to get rid of it ASAP, thanks!
Helen Maracle Phone: 619-954-1163
[email protected], San Diego, California

2 months later
#20525 2 years ago

Two great titles at a great price pm sent to owner. I’ll take them both no haggling

2 months later
#21009 2 years ago

Damn, this could be good

Quoted from edward472:https://www.facebook.com/groups/1515859252011820/permalink/2923633674567697/
"I'm working with a friend of mine who owns an amusement company. Hey currently has a storage barn that he wants to empty. I will say there are probably at least 200 EM pins. Some are together and in great condition others are stacked on shelves and I am not sure at all about condition. He wants to start getting it empty ASAP. Not sure if someone would want to come and pick everything up as a lot or if we should put things out individually, located in Northeast PA. Also has a massive selection of jukeboxes old slot machines. I have pictures of them as well but don't know if I can post them in this forum. Everything would be purchased AS IS since I don't have ways to check whether or not things work. Please let me know if anyone is interested thanks. Sorry if I'm moving fast in the video."

1 month later
#21273 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's what happens when there is an increase in demand and we're scraping the bottom of the barrel for project games.

I long-ago discovered the secret to finding super project games cheap.…… Stop looking or run out of room. Then they show up in droves

3 weeks later
#21492 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Great deal alert.

Impossible deal. No way no how

#21504 2 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Thank you for posting this, brought home Cow Poke last night! This machine belonged to a very nice man for about 50 years who purchased it when he was 19 for $110. His brothers and dad each chipped in a little to help offset the cost. He showed me how to play the game and I asked what his high score was, he pointed to the backglass where he had a piece of tape with his score and the date written on it- 11,615. It was obvious that it meant a lot to him. He had great memories of it and shared a few of them with me but was ready to pass it on to a new owner. He wanted to make sure it would end up in a good home where it would be played and well cared for and I intend to do that.
Great guy and I'm so glad I got to hear about the history of the machine from him. Wish I would have played a couple more games with him before I loaded it up but didn't want to take up too much of his time. First time picking up a pin from this thread, thanks to everyone who posts their finds here!
[quoted image]

Nice story, did you tell him it’s worth 6 or 7x what he’s asking? If everyone left happy I guess it doesn’t matter but you got the deal of a lifetime if you got it at $200.

#21506 2 years ago
Quoted from Oscope:

OMG - do you have a discussion with the seller for everything you buy and enlighten them that they should charge you more?
They are adults and people do things for a multitude of reasons - if you don’t do a bit of market research you can sell too cheap OR buy too high. No one is obligated to do research for a negotiating party...
Nanny State USA rolls on I suppose

At ease Francis. I figured since they were braiding each other’s hair.. I bought a world fair advertised for $50 and paid the guy more than he was asking by multitudes but less than it was worth with us both knowing the value.

#21509 2 years ago

I had been looking for a cowpoke for years and ended up buying one 900 miles away for a lot more than that. It was really rough but made it more rewarding to restore.

80A17643-5714-4FF3-B4F0-64D42CB1DCCC (resized).jpeg80A17643-5714-4FF3-B4F0-64D42CB1DCCC (resized).jpeg9305DF98-DBBF-4021-930F-C6FED906E00A (resized).jpeg9305DF98-DBBF-4021-930F-C6FED906E00A (resized).jpegBDBB34FA-495D-4722-A2A8-C490768AA33F (resized).jpegBDBB34FA-495D-4722-A2A8-C490768AA33F (resized).jpeg
#21513 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Hello John_in_NC is it possible to share the odd playfield in the background?
I can not figure it out. Regards.

Gottlieb “Big house” (Ss)

Sorry no extra apron for cowpoke

#21521 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Was this one in a storage unit a bit north of Saratoga?

I think it was

#21526 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I looked at it a couple of years ago while attending the Saratoga show. Woman met us at the storage unit. Game was directly on the floor at the front of the unit. Thought it was pretty rough, so I made her a commensurate offer. She thought it was worth a lot more, so we left and headed back to the show.

It was rough, cabinet painted over with structural issues, flaking backglass, water damage, playfield planking and paint loss. Took a lot of love but worth it.

BC3FCC28-943E-4541-8735-B6E6F1D90BD0 (resized).jpegBC3FCC28-943E-4541-8735-B6E6F1D90BD0 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#21839 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Bonanza / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: June 1964
Production: 2,640
Cost: $300
Link/Contact: stjoseph.craigslist.org link
OP: Haven't plugged it in in awhile but was working. Not the greatest condition thus the price.

Great art and theme but looks like a dog of a player. Anyone ever play one?

3 months later
#22415 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

Got it. I DETEST particle board and edge molding on a pin, but it's in great shape as shown by the pics. I've never fully warmed up to EBD, but people love it I think because the objective is clear to everyone. Guests will play it. I'll give it a chance too.

I hate mdf but I love the deals it gets me on restore projects.
Bad cabs are my jam

A99E9199-BEAA-4BE2-AFAC-14AFCA1E04CA (resized).jpegA99E9199-BEAA-4BE2-AFAC-14AFCA1E04CA (resized).jpegF0ECD5A6-ED73-4E41-A526-FA7D28DE1A1D (resized).jpegF0ECD5A6-ED73-4E41-A526-FA7D28DE1A1D (resized).jpeg958E5197-EAFF-4AB8-920D-D9446228742F (resized).jpeg958E5197-EAFF-4AB8-920D-D9446228742F (resized).jpeg9B406D59-8F2C-46F0-9EC4-B83B1C3BA795 (resized).jpeg9B406D59-8F2C-46F0-9EC4-B83B1C3BA795 (resized).jpegEEBF4BD5-746C-456A-9891-027EAC70BDCF (resized).jpegEEBF4BD5-746C-456A-9891-027EAC70BDCF (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#22587 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I wish I was further from that thing!

Hell I'd snag it. Chime unit and lockdown bar would be worth twice asking.

#22648 2 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Surf Champ for $400
Located in Kalamazoo, MI
"Project Surf Champ lights come on but will not start game. Wiring looks very good but playfield had some mice living on it."
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/964683237539935
[quoted image][quoted image]

Anyone in the Kalamazoo area that could intercept this for me? Been wanting one to restore but gas prices as they are makes no sense to make a special trip.

Disregard: seller says pending, nothing at this price seems to last

#22650 2 years ago

Gottlieb Spin A Card for $500
Located in Mt Holly Springs, PA
"Operates, Counter not working and some lights not working, key missing."
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/690851438725561/

This is one of my favorites in my collection. Great price on a very fun game.

#22673 2 years ago

”I've had it looked at and they say it's a short in the board." what happened to its just a fuse?

#22681 2 years ago

Sent message, not holding my breath

#22737 2 years ago

Jumpin' Jack's for $350
Located in Evansville, IN
"Only hums when plugged in"
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/298567319103352
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

With a jumping jack next to it..

#22836 2 years ago

Love these 4 players. I favor my fast draw over my quick draw. These are meaty pins.

#22948 1 year ago

Spin Wheel for $300
Located in Springfield, VA
Works according to seller.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1140351073411897/

I have restored two of these games Spin Wheel is a fun game

#22969 1 year ago

Bonanza for $100
Located in Swansea, MA
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/294677402858996/
Didn't have any other pictures besides the one below.
"Everything worked but the score mechanism was a bit erratic. I took it all apart and began filing the relays and cleaning it up, but the project has sit unfinished for many years"
[quoted image]

Didn’t need any more pics. Sold.
I miss getting hot tips from a buddy of mine that monitored RSS feeds on Craigslist. Got a few great tips that way.

1 week later
#23067 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

The surge words of the pinball world!

With a little knowledge they all are aren’t they? I found the biggest impediment to fixing any machine was fear.

1 week later
#23167 1 year ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Surf Champ - looks like a real project. It looks like someone started, got in over their head, and abandoned the project. Goes off Fleabay at 1700 today. Located in Harrisburg, Il.
ebay.com link: itm

I’m looking for a Surf Champ or surfer to restore but looks like no backglass? 350+ is not a deal if I have to source that.

#23179 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Or if you want an even NICER Surf Champ backglass, Ron Webb is doing a repro later this year - aiming for December. And his backglass are far SUPERIOR, IMO.

I have had several bgresto glasses. Great option if none other exist but you can’t beat a Webb repro.

#23257 1 year ago

I have been lucky enough to grab 2 or 3 great deals from this thread. My strategy is:
1. Be 1st if possible, if not first, 1st to commit
2. Don’t haggle or ask for more pictures
3. Establish trust, Advise seller they can probably get more than they are asking but I’d be happy to pay their asking or something more they and I would be happy with
4. Demonstrate trust, try to get seller to accept a deposit sight unseen.
5. Show up as agreed with cash as agreed
6. Finally ask seller to pull ad, stop answering or entertain bottom feeders that will inevitably try to snipe it by offering more

It rarely works but when it does, it’s always a pleasant exchange vs seller trying to up the price or sell out from under me. I have yet to lose a deposit (though some may have invented excuses to back out. Those people I don’t deal with in the future)

#23300 1 year ago

Seeing some retro pins up for sale today.
Hi-Dive for $150
Located in Glastonbury, CT
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/530495942072825/
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That would be a beautiful restoration piece. Love the simple art.

#23306 1 year ago

Hopefully. I sent the seller a message just mentioning that piece is missing and if they happen to see it, since they mentioned these came out of an attic, that it should go with the machine.
They flipped out were extremely combative and said they’re gonna throw them out tomorrow. Hopefully we can save these and I’ll take this as an opportunity to learn how to weld and make wireforms. I have all the needed equipment as my Dad was a welder.

Damn, that stinks, what was the problem?

1 month later
#23512 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Rio
Play matic em
Diamond Jack
Gottlieb em
Amigo
Bally em
Chattanooga, TN
Seller Rodney Levin*
$1,800 for all three
*Well known retail seller for decades in this region. Checkered reputation. Has a reputation for using stock photos, sometimes 10+ years old when advertising a current pin or arcade. I suggest inspecting the pins in person and not shipping.

That’s a King of diamonds no?

1 week later
#23540 1 year ago

Wish I were closer. Great deal but gas to get it kills any distance over 100 miles

Quoted from Pecos:Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Flying Carpet / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1972
Production: 3,170
Cost: $100
Contact/Link: Corey Busboom phoenix.craigslist.org link
Condition: “I have a old pinball machine I saved. I am not trying to find it a home. The glass is broken and the legs are missing. Good for parts. All the internals are there. Its made by Gottlieb .the machine was a flying carpet. I got the machine in this condition. Still good for parts.”
I’d like to think that this could still be saved.

2 weeks later
#23611 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

A whole bunch of project games at auction in Fredrick MD closing on 8/11/2022:
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/255769_breweriana-arcade-and-collectibles/?page=1&pageSize=all
"Some mold present" is a common comment on condition. Many missing legs. Some rare titles like a Bally Trio and Segasa Casino Royale. Gun games and bunch of other stuff. Hammer price plus 20% premium.

I won an auction I found off this link. Thanks!!

Now I need to find a way to snag the Target Alpha head and the KOD project I won on Thursday in a tight window.
Auction conditions say I must pick up in Upper Black Eddy, PA on Thursday 8/11 between 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm (500 miles away)
I'm 500 miles away and going to a concert the night prior. Going to be a long day if I can't find some help.

2 weeks later
#23704 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Now
Gottlieb em 4 player
$500 obo
Pinsider klontboter
Orange, NJ
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/141635

That’s one you don’t see a lot. Curiously I am drawn to it. The hippie theme no doubt

1 week later
#23734 1 year ago
Quoted from Dono:

Gottlieb Spin Wheel ~ 300... and of course "I believe it's a fuse".. and "it worked when I plugged it in last year"...
MD eastern shore...
easternshore.craigslist.org link

Owned this title twice, restored both. Actually a fun game with luck element making it fun for all skill levels.

1 month later
#23816 1 year ago
Quoted from Hiper:

hartford.craigslist.org link
Gottlieb Play Mates
$200 obo

Tempted but distance just about 100 miles too far

1 week later
#23859 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

$350 Spirit of '76 in Morgantown, WV. Looks nice. Somebody go git it!
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1072803203430977

Yep I’m going to say it…. Wish I was closer!

2 months later
#24046 1 year ago
Quoted from hoov:

BgResto hasn't even done one according to Steve's website. He would need a good example of one to do the art and then he would be set for future glasses.

If Steve hasn’t done it, it hasn’t been done. He did a great job on my merry go round.

1 week later
2 weeks later
2 months later
#24506 1 year ago

What’s up? Longest I have seen this post dormant. Looking for a surfer or surf champ project if anyone has.

2 months later
#24745 10 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Anybody want a Neptune project? I started on it but have kind of lost interest in working on this stuff.
No major hacks, complete with paperwork. Needs a backglass. Nice cabinet and pretty nice playfield. I'm going to start reassembling the playfield. Will need to be mechanically shopped out.
$1000 local pickup.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I’ll be your huckleberry if the last don’t work out. Pm incoming

4 months later
1 month later
#25445 4 months ago

Spin a card in fantastic shape $450
I have one or I’d be on my way to MD now…
https://www.facebook.com/share/3zjYSJkYbzqEtFCv/?mibextid=79PoIi

1 month later
#25749 75 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

…Now we move on to a second FREE pin, two days in a row!
#buckaroo
Gottlieb em
Massapequa (Long Island), NY
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3295874994046387/

Put to curb.. go go go…

#25759 70 days ago

$350 quick draw in Denver area. Fit with a chastity belt it appears
https://www.facebook.com/share/urv5L8VBxkyZNUYb/?mibextid=79PoIi

2 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 10.00
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_in_nc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=john_in_nc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.