Topic Stats

• 14,209 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 minutes ago by nascarrey
  • Topic is favorited by 420 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF4482 (resized).JPG
DSCF4478 (resized).JPG
DSCF4462 (resized).JPG
DSCF4462 (resized).JPG
Surf Champ (resized).png
20190906_135536 (resized).jpg
20190906_135546 (resized).jpg
20190906_140725-1 (resized).jpg
01B6FA2A-3BE0-46A2-AE70-8AE34EE6A39A (resized).jpeg
6B6C64D6-4C94-4514-A893-8F913E58B26F (resized).jpeg
20190910_143537 (resized).jpg
20190907_145622 (resized).jpg
20190909_135300 (resized).jpg
20190903_151243 (resized).jpg
20190901_235037 (resized).jpg
Message_1567399830129 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 3 years ago

Keep them coming. I would post a project that I find local but at the moment I am buying all that I can but I am sure that will change and I will start passing them along. Great idea for a thread.

2 weeks later
#132 3 years ago

Either the value of space shuttle has doubled or that project is priced like a nice one lol.

1 week later
#162 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Seems like most of the shitty pins are overseas...and there's a nice business where people are reimporting them and selling them at fair prices while still turning a nice profit.
Here's the question, though: If a reimport is rewired for the US and completely restored top to bottom, is it still considered a reimport?

That is a fair question. I have owned two reimported games. They were both super clean games. I personally could not care less but some do.

#172 3 years ago

From what I have gathered reimports may have rust issues? It doesn't matter to me either. If the game is clean and work in buying. If I can get it cheaper because it came from Italy then more power to me. Lol

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I think it's that reimports tend to have various issues, largest among them being played to death and being full of wiring hacks (there might be some shipment by sea issues, but I thought the bigger concern was how the machines were treated once they reached Europe). "Reimport" is a bit like the term "HUO" -- there's some correlation with condition, but they're ultimately not that helpful since what most buyers really care about is condition, and the way to assess that is to closely inspect the pin itself, not its provenance.

I am with you on that but a bunch of domestic operators (obviously not all) let these games get beat to death too. Plus it seems like every game I pick from the Willis full of wiring hacks lol. Get them cheap. Fix them up. Post pics in the worst hacks thread. I love it.

3 weeks later
#300 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Two welcomes makes you an official member of the Project Pinball Lovers Club. Congratulations Boob!
Carrying on now...

Can I get two welcomes then lol. I still have cash in pocket so only buying not sharing. Lol. But I am just about out

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

You are an already an official charter member of the Project Pinball Lovers Club jmountjoy111! You just didn't know it. As Grand Pooh Bah of the Project Pinball Lovers Club let me make it official. Congratulations!

You sir have made my day. Lol

As a result I will pass this one along. A little too much room being taken up in this package for me at the moment. Maybe someone could take them all. I bet he would come down on the package price to clear the room.

Mars Trek is an awesome game. I played one at the Asheville Pinball Museum a while back.

knoxville.craigslist.org link

#375 3 years ago

asheville.craigslist.org link

Nitro ground shaker and some other coin operated stuff

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Nice find!
"One SKEE-BALL, one Pin Ball, and one POOL TABLE. $325 each, or $725 for all three."
You could buy all three and have the start of a mini arcade!

Takes up too much real estate for me lol. But it is a good deal.

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Wow. That's one you don't see everyday.

I have a friend in TN that either has one or had one sitting in his building. I didn't realize it was that rare of a machine

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Manufacturer: Data East
Game/Type: Batman / SS
Year: September 1991
Production: 3,500
Cost: $800
Link/Contact: newyork.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "THE GOOD , SOLID CABINET , GREAT BACK GLASS , ,TOPPER , GAME PLAYS GREAT ,
NOW THE BAD , NO DMD DISPLAY COMING ON AT ALL AND THE PLAYFIELD IS VERY ROUGH , BUT ALL PARTS ON ON PF AND IT PLAYS GREAT"

I would buy this right now if it were within 4 hours drive of me.

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

So... look what came home with me today...

20151212_161238.jpg

Nice score. I actually like that game quite a bit. I use those same fatigue mats to protect the head And side rails btw. I guess that means we are both geniuses. Lol. I'm guessing bad power supply or fuse holders on the power supply is why DMD is out. Let us know when you figure it out if you don't care

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

As much as I like to be referred to as "genius" I'm going to have to defer to the seller, who provided it. I would have used a moving blanket, but now I have this, and can certainly reuse it.
As for the DMD, the seller said it was working one day, and completely failed the next. It isn't the fuse itself, but at least I'm encouraged that it is a simple problem. It looks like this particular display is pretty tough to find. I'd be happy to let you know when I figure it out, but to be honest, I have several other projects ahead of it.
-dave

Had the same thing happen on a TMNT. I replaced with a rottendog power supply and all was well. However, I noticed that the old fuse clips on the old power supply broke upon touching. Check the clips for continuity to the board as well as structurally. DE had some issues with this

2 weeks later
#577 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Oh.
My.
God.
I can't believe the ad is still up 12 hours later. Someone on this thread grab it and make us all jealous!

That is a super fun game too. I love the back box movement. I'd buy it in a second if it were anywhere near me. Surely it has sold and they hair haven't removed the ad

#592 3 years ago

I gave $1200 for a bride of pinbot that was a basket case. It turned out nice. I'd buy another one like it if given the opportunity.

2 weeks later
#703 3 years ago
Quoted from Catch86:

No way. That has to be a scam.

I bought a Hurricane off of CL once for $300 and a Riverboat Gambler for $200. Both were working with minor issues. The Price might not be off too bad if it truly was a nonworking system 11 game. However, I did not examine the pictures or anything.

#740 3 years ago

I am very tempted on that Evel. Probably gone now though at $300.

#777 3 years ago

nashville.craigslist.org link

Someone go buy this $50 pioneer right now. That's a crazy deal. Even the glass looks good

It's actually way nicer than the one we have at my dads house. I'd buy it if I wasn't going to pick up a corvette project tomorrow.

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

OP states: "condition: salvage" That could mean a lot of things. Empty cabinet and backbox? Ha-ha! Hard to say no to $50, tho. Jeez.

smallestViolin_(resized).jpg

First world problems. Lol. The pictures are bad but at least the playfield is there.

#782 3 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Rescue 911/ DMD
Month/Year: May 1994
Production: 4000
Cost: $100 (Current bid)
Link/Contact: ebay.com link

Condition: "Up for your consideration is this Rescue 911 pinball machine made by Gottlieb in the 90's. This is a working PROJECT machine. Game does play but flippers need work, no display board, need piece of glass cut for the new translite, and helicopter is missing."

Game doesn't look too far gone. Steve Young probably has most of the missing parts in stock. I brought back a similar Rescue 911 last summer. It had the helicopter though. Pretty fun little game honestly

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I don't like posting these DMDs because I am not familiar with their value. Pinside Archive says value is $2800 so you might save some money with this project.
Manufacturer: Midway/Williams
Game/Type: Corvette / DMD 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1994
Production: 5,001
Cost: $1900
Link/Contact: cincinnati.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "This is a project machine. Has a new cpu and dmd. sound does not work. Dmd works but goes in and out. Got on a recent trade. Thought I would have time to work on it but would rather have a working one. Has extra plastics and new ramp that should be replaced. Cosmetically in good shape. Can send more pics. Can add or minus cash depending on what you have."

Lol. I'm actually leaving in about an hour to trade for this one.

#846 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Welcome NicoVolta! I think too-many-pins is right. The $50 price listed is 'buyer bait.' The games people play!

I have only had that happen to me a couple of times. It makes me so mad. I usually just tell the seller to forget it. List games for auction on eBay.

#861 3 years ago

I'll post projects on here without any cause of concern. If I want a project in a four hours window of where I live I'm going to buy it long before it gets to this site. If I don't want it I see no problem passing to another one of the nice guys contributing to this page. If a pin was for sale and it was a "deal" it sold on cl in ten minutes. If you're waiting til the guy has ten messages in his box you weren't getting it anyways. Cl is a dog fight for pins. The guys I compete with on there for good deals are some of my best friends. You stil have to be quick. This page is not hurting anything

#868 3 years ago

When you find those warehouses most of the time the old operators still want top dollar for the games. They are still fun to dive in to though.

1 week later
#1006 3 years ago

This one popped up today. I emailed him and these are the pics he sent back.

Looks like a Williams Gridiron. Football themed pitch and bat. Pretty neat.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1178 3 years ago

BK2K even without a back glass would not last long on CL for $600. I gave $500 for a similar one about a year and a half ago. That is a steal

1 week later
#1297 3 years ago

If the game powers up and plays with the displays out it is probably just the hi voltage of the power supply. Go led display problem solved. This game is a no brainier. I paid 750 for one just like it. However I bought it within 10 minutes of being posted and if I hadn't 10 others would have. You'll never find one for that.

3 weeks later
#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Lowest price I've seen.
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Whirlwind / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1990
Production: 7,304
Cost: $900
Link/Contact: " target="_blank">fortmyers.craigslist.org link
Condition: No Pics! OP: "WORKS GREAT."

Id say of that is legit it went fast

1 week later
#1665 3 years ago

It should be obvious considering that they only listed dredd at only 10% of its actual value ($1400) lol

2 weeks later
#1812 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Escape from the Lost World / SS
Month/Year: October 23, 1987
Production: 1,500
Cost: $260
Link/Contact: " target="_blank">indianapolis.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Externally in great shape. Internally everything functions very well except for the score displays"

I got an email alert for this game this morning at $650. Must have changed his mind on the $260

1 month later
#2025 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Let the race to Iowa begin.

I would buy both his machines right now. I had a star race once but was overwhelmed with projects and I traded to Jeremy Fleitz who run the Louisville Arcade Expo with his brother Matt. It's a super cool, actually rare game. I wish I would have kept it. He got it running and it was at the LAX this last year.

#2029 3 years ago

I just listed a corvette project on Craigslist. I bought it as a partially working project. Now it is at least a fully working project lol. It's been passed around to pinsiders for a couple of years I believe

louisville.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#2105 3 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I would think so as well b/c there wasn't a reserve price that I saw. If the winning bidder backed out the seller can offer "second chance" to the #2 bidder so it seems a little odd the seller re-listed instead. Here are the bids over $600 for the previous auction - note 3 bidders who place bids at or over $800:
Bidder Bid Amount Bid Time
c***a ( 257) US $830.00 May-28-16 17:55:28 PDT
i***h ( 611) US $820.00 May-28-16 14:23:22 PDT
c***a ( 257) US $820.00 May-28-16 17:55:24 PDT
h***h ( 484) US $800.00 May-28-16 10:20:32 PDT
a***s ( 109) US $800.00 May-28-16 10:52:02 PDT
a***s ( 109) US $750.00 May-28-16 10:48:56 PDT
a***s ( 109) US $700.00 May-28-16 10:37:14 PDT
a***s ( 109) US $680.00 May-28-16 10:37:09 PDT
a***s ( 109) US $650.00 May-27-16 20:38:51 PDT
o***n ( 135) US $610.00 May-27-16 20:37:01 PDT
h***g ( 7 ) US $600.00 May-27-16 19:44:53 PDT
Why take the risk of a new auction closing much lower unless you've made it far enough down the list such that you don't like the money you are getting?
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

I have sold a lot of vintage baseball cards on eBay and have noticed that a lot of time the second place bidder will back out as well. I guess people get caught up in the heat of the moment when bidding. I've been pretty lucky in relisting items though.

#2124 3 years ago

That jungle lord looks like a decent game. I always liked that one. Pretty cheesy but a fun little game for sure

1 week later
#2255 3 years ago

Just saw this one pop up in cl Nashville

I'm trying to make room so I am selling a bunch of project/parts machines.I have these plus other misc stuff.
For additional pics :http://s373.photobucket.com/user/countdownpin/library/project%20games%20for%20sale

Silverball Mania: fully works except one display is flakey and one dead and a few bulbs out. Playfield worn pretty bad backglass shot. $300

Flash Gordon: real rough missing parts but includes new in box 2nds CPR Backglass . $250

Pat Hand: Missing playfield glass and lock down bar $100

Bingo pinball machine projects $50-$150

Bingo Playfield and Backglasses for wall art. $25-$75

Coin Op Darts Machine Both for $150

Empire City in Williams Defender Cab not working $50

Solitaire Challenge not working would make good Multicade mini $50

#2259 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Thank you for this! I just messaged the seller to see if he would ship a couple of the populated bingo playfields to VA. Two of the twelve different bingo playfields needed for my game.

Good luck indeed. I hope you can secure them

1 week later
#2339 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Not surprisingly, this is gone. Anyone here get it?

Grand Prix is a fun game. I picked one up for $300 last year and would have kept it longer but I used it to trade on a sea witch. Rare is not the case though. Lol. They made a ton. I'm sure another will pop up in this range soon

1 week later
#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

This is a true horror...
Game/Type: Gaucho / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1963
Production: 5,350
Cost: ??
Link/Contact: longisland.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "...good for parts or restoration."

I see what you did there

1 year later
#5790 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

OKC CL:
Pinball Machines - $750 (Okc) hide this posting
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)
more ads by this user
I am selling all the pinball machines and parts that I have left.
BUNDLE 1
With this group there are 6 pinball machines. 1) Hokus Pokus 2) GulfStream 3) Bowl O 4)Oklahoma..(this machine alone is worth over 500 dollars, it was one of the very first pinball coin op and it's wood rail) 5) Old Chicago that needs a backglass 6) I forget the name but it's another EM. Along with these machines are boxes and boxes and boxes of EM and some SS parts. There are over 200 coils, stops, rubbers..just about everything anyone would need to work on EM's and enough of all of it that you wouldn't need to order stuff. (three containers of pinball fuses as well) This bundle is 750.00 You get six machines and all the parts for that. The parts alone are worth at least a grand if you added them all up.
BUNDLE 2
I also have two shuffle/bowlers and a San Fransico EM along with a Golden Tee video game in another group that I am selling all of this group for 250.
BUNDLE 3
There is a rotisserie that I am bundling with a pinball dolly that I am asking 100 for.
BUNDLE 4
Some of the EM boxes are from Jimmy that owned Metro Pinball. There are four boxes that he sold to me that he said were EM and SS parts during the last week of his life. To be honest I have never looked in them and I know 2 of the boxes has nothing but sets of plastics...so someone could sell these boxes and make some money on Ebay with them. These boxes are 50.
BUNDLE 5
The last bundle is a Pot O Gold machine that has a cabinet completely ready for paint, (all restored), brand new backglass, playfield completely restored, mech board and head. This machine just needs to be put back together. I am bundling it with a Grand Slam by Gottlieb that just needs a few things done to it. The playfield has wear and these two machines together are 350.
NONE of these are in that bad of a condition. They just need a few things here or there.
I will send pictures if you send me a number to text them to. I do NOT want to break up the bundles that I have listed. I am moving and I do NOT want to move them again for a third time.
If someone wants to put two of the bundles together, I am open to an offer for something like that. Or if someone wants to offer for EVERYTHING. I will visit about that as well.

Seems like some pretty solid deals right there

3 weeks later
#5901 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The game is a Jon Norris game. It is one of the first pinballs machines by Primer/Gottlieb to max-out the system 80's design structure. I believe The game has a lamp expander relay and serial communications to the displays. The back glass has its own story. It is very amusing.

I know I am probably in the minority but I actually love the cheesy 80s themes from gottlieb/premier. I have had two Genesis machines and have a framed original translite lol. To me they are just cheesy enough to have some awesome 80s nostalgic collectibility. But +1 on gameplay for these things. For the money 80b provided a lot of bang for you buck

3 weeks later
#6106 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

I've driven seven and a half hours each way before for the right dark and fuzzy photo LOL I agree with you that's part of the game. Are you going to be able to make the trip to the York show next week there should be plenty of those games around that place

I've gone 5 hours one way for a seawitch based on the blurry photos. "Perfect backglass and super clean......." turned out to be flaking bad with a mouse living in it. It happens. Only time I've ever driven a distance like that and turned around lol.

It seems like most "project" games I see these days are EM machines that just need some relays cleaned. At least near me anyways. What happened to all the battery destroyed MPU boards. Have we fixed them all lol

1 week later
#6261 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

This isn't a project, but I see this title selling for $2,500-3,000, usually on the higher end.
Game/Type: World Cup Soccer/ SS
Month/Year: February 1994
Production: 8,743
Cost: $1,500
Contact/Link: nh.craigslist.org link
OP: Fully shopped 18 months ago, LEDs, etc. could use a waxing and at the firm price listed I'm not doing it. Priced to move, if you see ad it's still available.

I find this one a little hard to believe. At $1500 that would be gone in less that 5 minutes. I am guessing it either sold instantly and he didn't remove the ad or its a scam

#6315 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

This is PENDING SOLD some guy in Ohio I talked to the owner. Bought the whole thing. I am sure we will all see them again listed for double or more.

There is nothing wrong with buying and reselling pins honestly. If you are looking for a deal on pinball projects they will be sold long before they make it to this thread. And yes.... most all will be flipped. Condemning people who flip games is like condemning people who pickup money laying on the street before you can get it you know.

#6319 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

1. Deals on projects get through here all the time, otherwise what'd be the point of this thread?
2. Money's only purpose is to be spent. Pinballs are to be fixed and played, and maybe sold. Not even close to the same thing.
If you buy them and then just sell them again without putting in anything yourself you're basically just skimming money. No excuse to try to get paid for not doing anything.

Just for clarification before this goes any further. I rebuild project machines. I have saved probably 50 or more games that were basically trash. I enjoy pinball as a hobby not as an “investment” and I will resell the majority of the games I rebuild. To be quite honest though I believe I enjoy fixing the machines more than playing them at this point. I suck at pinball lol. Obviously I am not flipping games like what was described above.

I understand where you guys get frustrated wth people who simply buy and resell a game for profit without doing anything to it but be honest with yourself, what is the difference in “flipping” games and selling basically anything else? If you sell merchandise at a flea market, did you first clean and restore the merchandise? No, you bought it cheap and then sold it for profit. This is how all hobbies work. I build vintage baseball card sets. Every single card I buy has been “flipped.” The person I bought it from turned a profit and did nothing. Am I pissed about it? No. Should I be? No. That’s what capitalism is. I was kind of under the impression that it was still a resounding economic principle here in the United States of America. I have collected tons of crap over the years and in every hobby there are people that simply “flip” merchandise. Pinball is the only hobby where people get pissy about it though.

And just to make things clear this thread is about pinball project machines. Do some deals get posted here? Sure. But the truth is if you aren’t activiely doing the searching yourself the great deals will be gone before you have a chance. I’d guess the lot of 11 machines sold for about $2000 total for the entire package and the seller was willing to take less for moving all at once. I’d bet whoever bought them responded to the ad within minutes of it being posted and made their offer. I’d go even further and venture a guess that they loaded their box truck with the machines that night and that the seller and buyer were both very pleased with the transaction. Pinball sure does seem to have a lot of unwritten rules lol

#6321 1 year ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

^^ You make some valid points but are dead wrong about this comment
"Pinball is the only hobby where people get pissy about it though."
And I will say with a smile for everyone with a good find--before posting your barn find could you at least clean the playfield glass before posting on craigslist or pinside please.
-Mike

Touché lol. I guess when I am buying those high number commons to complete my 48 leaf football set I am just thrilled to have found them and I don’t think about the fact the dealer I am buying them from bought them for pennies on the dollar off of some elderly widow. I do understand the frustration people get though. People sometimes act like it’s a crime to turn a profit.

I apologize to all for hijacking the thread. I enjoy all the work everyone does in making this thread possible I read it every morning. Now back to those project games!!!

#6349 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

**Price reduced again - now to $500**
cincinnati.craigslist.org link

That thing has been for sale forever. He had six others and they are all gone. I wonder what part of the story isn’t being told??? I have thought about calling him but never have gotten around to it lol.

#6426 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I saw that Flash and didn't post it because figured it had to be a scam. Who knows, it may be legit, but I would be very wary of the OP. If it was closer I would check it out but that is only because I am looking for a Flash to complete the Williams 'triad.'

I have bought flash twice for $100 now. Both in project state obviously lol.

3 weeks later
#6721 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

$500-$750 maybe? It's going to be tough to source a playfield, though CPR might possibly make one in about 3-4 years if you want to wait that long.
I haven't seen a DESW under $3500 in a good while, but with termite damage in both the cab and the playfield, and no translite--there goes a lot of the game's value.

Don’t forget to mention the game doesn’t work. Sounds like it has some power supply issues and or mpu issues. It could be an easy fix or it could be a PIA. Just saying.

#6754 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Phantom of the Opera / 4 Player
Production: 2,750
Cost: $1,750 OBO
Contact/Link: knoxville.craigslist.org link
OP: I have a data east Phantom of the Opera pinball machine for sale or trade. The game is 100% working and playable. It has three burnt inserts as can be seen in the pictures. I also don't have any 906 flashers to replace the ones that burnt out. The mpu was replaced with a rottendog. The display is also rottendog led. The game has a new plastic set. Most are put on but some that were in good shape were not. I have both sets and the cpr topper that came with the set. The left slingshot was broken and glued back (which is a shame since the was brand new). Most of the rubber is new. It has new target foam behind the switches. It's pretty clean but it is not perfect. The cabinet is solid and in pretty nice shape. The back glass has some wear but is good in comparison to other poto. The face mask is all there.
Asking $1750 obo. Or trade

I also listed this on pinside. Looking for trades of other projects

#6826 1 year ago

That just shows that they are an experienced pinsider. I have been haggled on price way more on pinside than anywhere else. Pinside ads get low ball offers all the time so you may as well list them high.

For the record however, my prices are the same on all sites lol.

#6880 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Millionaire / SS System 11A 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1987
Production: 3,500
Cost: $650
Pinsider: the_director
Contact/Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56647
OP: Works and plays ok, looks pretty nice, a couple displays out. Semi-project, clean boards too.

This one is in NC.

#6939 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Ha ha! Love the honesty in this ad.
Game/Type: Motordome / SS 6803, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1986
Production: 2,000
Cost: Buy It Now: $250 Current Bid: $1.00
Contact/Link: ebay.com link » A Crappy Bally Motordome Pinball Machine
Condition: "The worst Bally MotorDome that boots up to attract.
The cabinet has moisture damage with the head barely holding together. There is no backglass. There is no top glass. There is no lockdown bar.
There are legs. The playfield looks complete. The ramps are melted in places.
The Ni-cad battery has been cut off the MPU board and a temporary battery attached to permit the machine to boot up. The temporary battery is NOT included as it only attached by test clip wiring. This era of Bally requires battery to boot.
There has been water in the cabinet making things there not working such as the key pad. The machine does not coin up. The on/off switch does work, although it is loose in the bottom of the cabinet. It isn't worth shipping this machine as it will likely loose many parts in transit.
The machine boots every time it gets power-on and the displays look good and the controlled lamps surprisingly work too on the playfield.
I don't hear sounds.
Buy this piece of junk of a MotorDome so I can have some space for something nicer."

I had seen that as on eBay and I laughed forever when I read it.

#7023 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

So tempting... but no space!!!

Space is not the issue for me it’s the distance ugh. That’s a great deal though for someone closer. I’m sure they went fast. Or they would around here anyway.

#7036 1 year ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Wow,when was this?look like they go for a pretty penny nowadays,i offered this seller $800 and he wouldn't let it go for less than a grand unshopped.

$350 is way too low these days but I wouldnt have gone over $800 either. I would have preferred quite a bit less

#7054 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Whirlwind / SS System 11B, 4 Player
Production: 7,304
Cost: $200
Contact/Link: denver.craigslist.org link
Condition: "It's Waterlogged and is still wet.
Parts Machine!!!
Broke Translite Glass when it was unloaded today."

Ouch. Man that sucks.

3 weeks later
#7317 1 year ago

cookeville.craigslist.org link

I’m not into these old flipperless machines but $100 can’t be an awful price.

#7380 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Pioneer / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: March 1976
Production: 3,625
Cost: $500
Contact/Link: lexington.craigslist.org link
Condition: "I have a fully working pioneer pinball machine for sale. The game show wear to the playfield and the cabinet. It has had some touchups to the glass. It is just a working player. I can send as Many pictures of any area you'd like to see"

This one is mine. I also have a very nice king rock I am looking to sell. If anyone wants to make an offer on both of them

#7444 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Pioneer / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: March 1976
Production: 3,625
Cost: $500
Contact/Link: lexington.craigslist.org link
Condition: "I have a fully working pioneer pinball machine for sale. The game show wear to the playfield and the cabinet. It has had some touchups to the glass. It is just a working player. I can send as Many pictures of any area you'd like to see"

The pioneer is gone... however I traded it for a nonworking pioneer and cash so I suppose I still have “a” pioneer lol

#7473 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

austin.craigslist.org link
LOTR $2500
was a little late on this one, seems like there is always someone on the scene first.
to bad fun game, the only one near me is always broken.

Wow that was a steal. Deals like that pop up occasionally but you’ll have to call within 10 minutes of posting to have a shot. Of course that’s assuming they don’t turn into auctions.

#7481 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I was surprised it was up more than 20 min Are people using pc/phone apps to monitor posts to get a jump on them?

I personally use my miss Cleo crystal ball, psychic abilities to get the jump on all Craigslist ads. I know ten minutes prior to the ad being posted at which point I call the owner as they are waiting for their blurry pictures to upload to the site.

Seriously though. I use cl email alerts. Sometimes I get the alerts on time. Sometimes they are delayed. Sometimes I don’t even get the alerts at all. Honestly though I don’t know a better method

1 week later
#7572 1 year ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I know. It was worth a shot. I'm sure someone will end up with a project game. It's why I posted it here.

I text the guy but got no response. I was shocked that I hadn’t seen it and then I realized for some reason my Craigslist search for Louisville was turned off. I don’t know how that happened but it probably saved me some cash lol

#7587 1 year ago

I just listed a Bad Cats project for trade in the market place. Looking for other projects preferably

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59005

1 week later
#7687 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I'd buy a Spring Break for $500 with broken boards.. if only i were closer... broken record "if only closer" club member

Yeah I’d jump on that one too for that price. Maybe since he is actually closer colsond3 will get it lol

1 week later
#7753 1 year ago

I don’t know the state of these but $300 each doesn’t sound too awful. Machines are cabaret, wing ding, and super soccer. I’m not into EM machines or I’d go get them

lexington.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
#7940 1 year ago
Quoted from paddlepaw:

I think if you save the search it can send you alerts. I haven't done it yet though.

It is hit or miss on you actually getting the alert and the time at which you get them varies but yes this is the best way I have found

1 month later
#8255 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Haha, I thought that, so I checked. Different state but seems almost the same

It is the same machine. Cincinnati is only a little over an hour from Lexington.

#8266 1 year ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

There was a $1500 T2 on Little Rock CL yesterday afternoon. Only two pics but pf looked perfect. I texted the guy within the first hour but he already had a buyer. Ya gotta be fast.

In order to get a steal on Craigslist you have to be in the first couple of minutes.

3 weeks later
#8429 1 year ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Agreed Ballypin. Inquiring minds want to know how great of a deal it was!

I’m less worried about the price he paid than I am how many plays it has since 06 honestly.

#8495 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Last Action Hero /SS 4 Player
Month/Year:
Production:
Cost: $900
Pinsider: pinhead86
Contact/Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/64551
OP: Selling this project last action hero. Has all the boards except for the cpu. Has a shaker Motor. I also have an apron for it and a set of legs. Comes with a Translite but no glass or speaker panel. Play field looks good, would be a great project for a ground up restoration or maybe even a custom retheme. Good solid cabinet.

I’d buy that right now if it were closer. LAH is a cool game

1 month later
#8984 1 year ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

milwaukee.craigslist.org link
Pair of Lethal weapon 3 project pinballs
Maby a good deal?
$800 Each both is rough shape/missing boards and other various parts.

These were listed here on pinside for a long time. I love lw3 but I honestly had a rough time getting $1300 out of mine and it was super nice. Imo buying a board set puts this out of reach for most economical people. Not to mention those sound board are a little hard to come by

1 week later
#9204 1 year ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I’m bidding on this! If someone else on here is also bidding, contact me so we don’t have a bidding war. You may be more interested than I am, or the other way around

I saw that one yesterday. At $595 why not just buy it now. If it were closer to me I know I would have.

#9215 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Because it just sold for $455.00. Sometimes it pays to take chances.

But sometimes it doesn’t. I have learned that if it’s a machine I want I may as well just pay the price. No sense in losing it over a little cash. I obviously have no i sea how much @ibuypinballs paid for it but I’m guessing the difference would have been less than $100.

#9219 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Good point. I stand corrected. I have had to pay up for some that I now have.
To date, the entertainment value has compensated for the "would you like for me to dig a little deeper" prices.
And prices keep magically keep creeping up to "how much is that selling for now"?

Oh I feel you on that for sure. Plus, I have missed on so many machines over the years because I was gambling a little bit. Seawitch is such a cool little game. It’s my favorite old Stern. I’d love to have it back one day but man, you really never see them for sale. At least not reasonably priced anyways.

3 months later
#11027 10 months ago

That comet and the party animal project went pretty quickly. That comet was a steal of a deal for sure

#11029 10 months ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I offered $350 on it. I always worry about boards on these types of things. Ty bluespin for the listing . Now to find me a high speed...

I’ve heard rottendog is coming out wth a new system 11 board that is kind of all in one for all types of system 11. Should make things easier

1 month later
#11426 8 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Why does everyone hate Space Jam?! I haven’t played it yet, but the game seems like play is decent. It’s not Street Fighturd II so it can’t be that bad.

It’s not the worst game I’ve played. I just hate sega showcase games in general. Such a crappy feel imo. I’m sure I’ll catch a downvote for that but it’s the truth. I feel like those were the worst playing sega/data East machines.

1 week later
#11513 8 months ago
Quoted from edward472:

I was tempted. Only a 2 hr drove for me. But none working makes me nervous... I can fix a ss but em might be over my head. Don't need a pinball sized paperweight

All you need is a fingernail file

#11519 8 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Flexstone creates a smoother surface on the contacts.

I always use a pretty fine Emory board but I have only owned a handful of EM machines. They are pretty fun. I just always preferred mid 80s and up

1 week later
#11593 7 months ago
Quoted from edward472:

louisville.craigslist.org link
Game: Buck Rogers
Type: SS 4 Player
Production: 7,410
Cost: $200
OP: OLD PINBALL, NEED WORK, 200.00

I called on that one yesterday morning when I got up. I left a message and haven’t heard back. I’d say it’s gone

3 weeks later
#11734 7 months ago

ebay.com link

Imamaculate?!?! Swords of Fury. Says it’s working but.... Seems like a decent deal

1 month later
#11936 6 months ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I agree with your overall observation with one exception. Fathom had eclipsed the $7K price point in 2013, six years ago. Nice ones were consistently fetching about $5K and the prime examples were selling for slightly north of $7K.

This must’ve been a regional thing. I knew the location four fathoms in 2015. All in the same place all in various conditions. Two were working and two were projects. The working machines were priced around 2000 to 2500 and the projects were more in the $1000 range. I remember passing on all of them thinking that was pretty steep.

#11940 6 months ago
Quoted from ZNET:

The $5K to $7K range for Fathom sales in 2013 reflects games in collector quality to high end restoration condition.
Functional and nonfunctional projects, especially those with substantial cosmetic issues, were selling in the $1K to $2,500 range. I agree with that valuation relative to 2015.
These were the average sales prices in the USA, not particular to any region and excluding the outlier sales.

That makes more sense. I could see that for collector quality back then for sure. It seems like anymore a blown out fathom is way over 2500. I’m not in the market for those games or anything. Just making causal observations.

#11984 6 months ago
Quoted from shimoda:

No idea that tx was a project you lucky dog!

“Caller number 2” is still super jealous!!! But I’m glad it went to someone who truly loves the hobby. It’s just proof that there are still super great deals on projects out there. You just have to be diligent and always ready.

#11987 6 months ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Not caller number anything. Still a little jealous. Suggesting i dont truly love the hobby though? Course, id love the hobby more if...

No no I was caller number 2 lol. It was an inside joke to bluespin. I ribbed him a bit as a joke about beating me to it when he first got it. It’s all part of the hunt. Sorry for any confusion on that.

For instance though on the speed it requires to obtain a deal like the TX. I responded to the ad within five minutes of the original post to craigslist. It was actually email response only and no phone number was given. I offered almost ten times original asking in my initial email to prove I was serious and was promptly told the machine was spoken for. I replied to the email and told them congrats on the sale and moved on. Bluespin must have been the first caller as he got it and honestly I am happy he did. He spends countless hours posting project machines for sale on here and as a result he deserves to pick up the win like that. Sure, it is frustrating to miss out on a deal but that’s just part of the game. Just as he mentioned above, I too have scored tons of great projects over the years and I know they are still out there. I pick them up all the time. It just takes time and speed. You got to have cash on hand and be ready to leave at the drop of a hat. Keep plugging away at them and you’ll find them.

#11988 6 months ago

FYI I just had shoulder surgery yesterday and I’m a bit out of today on the meds so none of that may have made sense lol.

#11990 6 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I was checking my emails when the CL ad came up in my inbox so must have been a minute or two after it was posted. While I was waiting to hear from the seller crispin pmd me asking me to not post the tx sector in Nashville. I said no problem as I already message the seller and didn’t plan to share lol. The seller held the game for me for six days, and told me that someone offered him $1,000 compared to my $200 offer. He wasn’t going to sell it to someone else because he already promised it to me. How rare is that

What a standup guy right. I have had several run-ins with some really good people like that. I offered him 750 in my initial email and left it at that. He told me it was sold and I could respect that. I really am glad you got it as you do provide a great service to the pinball community with this thread. I actively search for project pinball machines daily and know that it takes a lot of time. I love this hobby and the hunt for the games is a big part of it. When it works out it feels like winning the lottery!

2 weeks later
#12160 5 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

New FS ad, new Pinsider... price too good to be true?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/77899
TAF for only $4K

Marked as sold and paid pinside fees.... maybe it was real after all

1 month later
#12559 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinaddict91:

200 cash for machine.

It’s not his machine. He gave a Facebook link to the for sale ad.

#12588 3 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, I got a few messages about it but I’m surprised it’s still here. Can’t beat a good condition working alphanumeric game for under 600 bucks.
550 if anybody in this thread wants it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ugh I want one of these. Why so far!?!?

#12610 3 months ago
Quoted from robertmee:

worth about $6000 as a lot.

I was just thinking I’d give him $6K cash for them lol

1 week later
#12687 86 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Space Station / SS System 11B (?)
Month/Year: December 1987
Production: 3,804
Cost: $45.00
Seller: Sarah Lennon
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/264405450436312/permalink/1090631844480331/?sale_post_id=1090631844480331&rt=11
OP: This is a little dusty but in very good condition. Please look through all pictures for close up views of everything.
Me: I'm out of town or I'd pick this up!

Price drop....

2 weeks later
#12927 66 days ago
Quoted from edward472:

That is one of the most honest CL ads for a pinball machine I've ever seen

That’s mike wantdataeast from the imamaculate baywatch ad. He is a good dude. If I didn’t just buy a Prius to make my commute to my new job I’d buy it

#12973 63 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think most folks who regularly repair games have a few sitting in the repair queue waiting for the right time and/or parts to come along. Sometimes I'll polish off 2 or 3 pretty quickly when they're a similar era/boardset. Other times, when a game needs more work, research, or parts hunting, it might sit for a few months or longer depending on what state it was in when I found it.
Though I finally started to weed out some of the project games I'm less interested in, just don't have time for, or have been taking up too much space. I was buying them faster than I could fix them for a while. The thrill of the chase was part of the fun.
I just finally finished a parts machine that had been sitting idle for 2 years

I agree with all of this. I’d say half of the games I owned were non working projects when I got them. Very few left still in project state. Until recently I’ve always traded fixed games for other projects and cash to repair but here of late I’ve had a lot of remorse over games I’ve let go so I’m starting to hold on to more. I’m sure the total game number will gradually increase from this point.

3 weeks later
#13469 37 days ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I always thought a pin would be great for mechanical engineering classes. Define the requirements like targets and scoring and let them try and make one.

I bought a super Mario bros pin from a school in northern Ohio once. The guy had probably 30 pins in there. All kinds of kids working on them. I cant remember the guys name or the name of the school for the life of me though.

1 week later
#13691 24 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Um, how recently?

It was maybe two months ago at the most

#13695 24 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Oh, wow. Thanks.

It was a heavy project he mentioned in this thread several pages back. It would have taken a lot of work but was definitely savable. I believe it sold in a matter of minutes once listed if I’m remembering correctly.

#13802 19 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think $4k is not the market price for that title. I've seen a few people listing it for for that price, but I doubt they actually sold. Just because it's listed for a certain price, doesn't mean someone will actually pay that.
High 2's or low-3's depending on condition. Sometimes mid-3's if it's something exceptional. I almost had one last year for $1900 that needed some work, but I was already hauling something and couldn't grab it.

I traded mine for demolition man and made an excellent choice in doing so... I find the game to be kind of ehhhhh.

#13805 19 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tee-d-off-10

I’m looking to trade this tee’d off project. It has no control lamps. I’m not much of a Gottlieb guy and am pretty stuck on it so looking to swap it for a project that I’m more familiar with working on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 399.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside