IMG_0158 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jethrop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8218 6 years ago

That's wonderful! Wish I was closer...

1 month later
#8789 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

This is back for sale eight months later.

all it needs is one $13 coil...

#8816 5 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

Such a strange combination of playfield / backglass and cabinet.

Looks like the backglass and play field are correct, but...but maybe it was owned by a King at some time in the past and he wanted a custom cabinet.

4 weeks later
#9391 5 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

He had salvage listed as the condition, so maybe he was offended by the other end of the range, asking if it was playable. It was a pretty broad range, I was just looking for clarification toward what end of the scale he thought it fell.

That guy was a total jerk. No one ever complained about his attitude in 64 years....Yeah right! Probably what he meant to say was no one ever complimented his good attitude in 64 years.

3 weeks later
#9932 5 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I don't understand the "lack of love" for Magic and the low selling price compared to other Classic Bally & Stern machines? This is a fairly low production machine you don't see come up for sale often yet no one seems to care about it? Or at least the "average selling price" indicates no one cares about it.

Frankly, the artwork for me is a turn off. I wouldn't want one.

#9964 5 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

For me it's the primitive beeps and boops; if it had chimes, Magic would be a rockstar.

Strange...that wasn't my quote that was attached to Seshpilot's post.

#10003 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

You can usually find a pallet or ten outside grocery stores like Kroger, around the back where the semis deliver. Buy a $10 pack of the neon orange ratchet straps at Harbor Freight...maybe a roll of shrinkwrap and cardboard or whatever your padding items of choice are when shipping. When you have it all packed and strapped to the pallet, take it to the back door at the Fastenal store. Knock on the back door, give them the password, and they'll take your pallet and ship it.

I just completed my first shipment with Fastenal. To further others' comments, I can tell you they will not insure the game unless it's in a wooden crate. Forget that. Mine was not crated, only shrink wrapped. It arrived fine -- no damage. Of course, it all depends on how well the shipping party protects everything when strapping to the pallet. Nothing can extend past the edge of the pallet. So you must strap the cabinet to the pallet standing up, not flat. They must be able to unload from your trailer/vehicle with a pallet jack. It is probably easier for most people to just bring the pallet and game separately to the store, then get it all wrapped and strapped to the pallet at the store. I found the Fastenal people very helpful. Pallets are available all over the place. Straps are cheap at home depot or harbor freight tools.

#10013 5 years ago

git ya a donkey. they can haul a pallet and game to Fastenal no problem.

donkey-work (resized).jpgdonkey-work (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10586 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Does Georgia own 50% of all the pinball machines in the world, or am I missing something?

Here's a depressing thought....99.2% of the pins you want are located too far away from you to pick up. Of the remaining 0.8% within driving range, 78% are overpriced. So if I did my math right, you have less than 6 tenths of 1 percent chance of findiing and buying your next project.

3 weeks later
#10825 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Harbor Lites / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Month/Year: February 1956
Production: 1,500
Cost: $175 OBO
Link/Contact: chillicothe.craigslist.org link
OP: 1956? Gottlieb's Harbor Lites non working needs restored or refurbished great graphics pickup only 175obo

Scored this one!! It's a project alright !

IMG_9226 (resized).JPGIMG_9226 (resized).JPGIMG_9227 (resized).JPGIMG_9227 (resized).JPGIMG_9232 (resized).JPGIMG_9232 (resized).JPGIMG_9233 (resized).JPGIMG_9233 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#11222 5 years ago

Star Trek posting is NOT Legit. Been posted in the Dayton, OH CL off and on for months....maybe even a year. It's a SCAM.

3 weeks later
#11377 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

OP: 1962 Liberty Belle Pinball Machine for sale $500 cash. I will require you to hire a professional mover with insurance to move, located in basement.

Also required that you sign a personal liability release before coming on property to inspect the game.

3 months later
#12260 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Interesting. Mary's Eager Beaver looks like the same EB in this pinside ad looking for a back glass. The white painted cab and the scratches on the cab look the same.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eager-beaver-backglass-wanted
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

All beavers look pretty much the same.

2 months later
#12747 4 years ago

I picked this up today! I don't have any room, but couldn't resist...

Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Aquarius / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1970
Production: 2,025
Cost: $275 Firm
Contact/Link: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: Game does partially work.
As you can see, it’s fairly rough.
There is some cabinet separation on the head (see photo)...
...Includes schematics.
A prime candidate for restoration or you can part it out."

#12749 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

A great pin came up for sale cheap in your city. No road trip? I’m jealous

I had to drive 12 miles one way! Does that constitute a road trip?

A year or so I picked up another Aquarius project in Cincinnati. It's all finished now and working in my collection. Figured the working machine would help me troubleshoot this new project. And like my previous one, this one is painted over the original stencil. It'll be getting a repaint back to original design after the broken cabinet is all glued back together.

3 weeks later
#13015 4 years ago

WALKED AWAY from a project for the first time. What a disappointment. Guy has a collection of 400+ pins (Paicines Ranch) about 1-1/2 hours drive south of San Jose. He listed on Craigslist Mata Hari project. I called and we discussed. He described the cabinet having just some "flaking paint" on one side. The play field and backglass he said were "good." So I made the hour plus drive (3 hours round trip). Flaking paint and good backglass my ass.

The side of the cabinet didn't just have flaking paint...it was missing like a section at least 12" x 12" on one side. The cabinet was delaminating and missing the bottom supports. The backglass was toast. It looked like 30% of it was covered with touch up paint. Very sloppy.

I was expecting a project, but definitely not as described. Beware if you ever go there to buy something. Not as described.

#13017 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Were you able to look at any other pins
?

Yeah, walked through some of the collection before I looked at the Mata Hari. It is a very impressive collection indeed.

#13022 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I gotta ask...did you make an offer on anything else...or a lower offer on mata hari?

No

3 weeks later
#13446 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

On that note, any other EM’s you often see clogging up the marketplaces?

Duotron

4 months later
#15301 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

4. Jack price up 100%. CHECK

The price has now been reduced from $550 to $400. If it was closer I'd buy it.

1 week later
#15393 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I was going to throw an ad up for a Fantastic that I’ve had sitting around for $300. But if anybody in here wants it - $275.

If only you were closer I'd be all over it.

2 months later
#16247 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm not a Facebook guy, can you tell me the town where these are located? The link didn't show me any of these.

They were in Byron, GA....and they're all sold already.

2 months later
#16899 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Its pending pickup this afternoon for $1600. Lights come on but won’t start a game and flippers don’t work. Seller is entertaining better offers if you can pick up today. Yeah, an auction!

Can you Fathom that? I got it!!

433F6623-315F-457B-906B-BF3EB7B465FA (resized).jpeg433F6623-315F-457B-906B-BF3EB7B465FA (resized).jpeg
#16901 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Darn it! I had a chance to bid up the price and make you pay more! Just kidding. Whenever I run into an auction I back out. I’ve tried to win these types of auctions before and I only end up driving the price up for someone else.
Congratulations jethrop

Saw this posting and jumped on it first thing this morning. Lady said she'd take $1,600 so I started driving. 6 hours round trip. When I got there she said 5 more people had called after me, one even offered $2,500. I appreciate her keeping her word and selling me. Also appreciate nascarrey for the posting! I have a new project!

2 months later
#17971 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Bally Sad World

Seller states: Moved it to a different wall and now it doesn't work.
I'm wondering: Why not just more it back to the other wall where it worked?

1 month later
#18424 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I think this might be a project.

Yeah, a project to dig it out from the storage room! But for $3,500 it should be better than fully restored!

#18426 3 years ago

Pecos started this thread 5 years ago. I love it. The best thread on Pinside!

He's been great to deal with, but now I see his account is deactivated. Does anyone know what happened to him?

#18436 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

And I'm just stuck here in the middle? :/

Pinball clowns to left of me, jokers to the right...

#18439 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You're in San Jose, there's nothing but ocean to the left of you.

The way I see it, when I stand in San Jose and look east, half the country is to the left, and half to the right. You being in NE makes you a clown.

Jokers to the right.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 4.34.21 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-17 at 4.34.21 AM (resized).png

#18445 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

How you guys doing in San Jose with all the fires and whatnot going on? Holding up ok? I’ve got an old flame still living there I think of every once in a while.

Was 2-3 weeks of bad smoke. Doing much better yesterday and today. I can see the mountains again!! For the most part people wear masks and I don’t hear of COVID around here. Hope you’re doing well out there!

2 weeks later
#18574 3 years ago

Automatic score, electric. And a bonus, it’s set up for free play.

1 week later
#18674 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

The NJ strip??? Where the hell is that?

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 8.09.16 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-12 at 8.09.16 AM (resized).png
2 weeks later
#18789 3 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

But, that backglass... pass.

The backglass looks good. The ladies just have freckles.

1 month later
#19017 3 years ago

It's already sold.

#19019 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Nice score, Jethro. I wish I could find them 25 miles from home.

Not my score. I emailed him and it was already sold. I missed out.

#19023 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

i thought it was a "her" on the facebook ad...

Could be if her name is Alex.

1 week later
#19121 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

When I go to auctions, I generally stay near the back of the room so I can see what's going on throughout the room. I've already looked at all the items by that point, so I don't need to see them up close when they come up.
So, if an auctioneer tried to bid against the wall, I'd see that. So far, I haven't seen it happen while I was bidding (probably since the auctioneer knows what I'm doing in the back), but I have seen it played on people sitting near the front of the room before.
The other reason I like the back is so I can see the other bidders and what they're doing. Sometimes you can tell how far they are willing to go or when they put their last bid in before bowing out.

I would also stay near the back to see who I was bidding against. Not just the wall money, but auctioneers have been known to use "shills" or associates who will bid up the prices for the auctioneer, but they bow out when the price gets to a level the auctioneer is happy with. In this case, you can see a real person bidding (the shill), but they have no intention to win the item.

#19129 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

ebay specifically has a reserve price feature

As well, they have a shill bidding policy....

ebay.com link: selling practices policy

1 month later
#19440 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Listing 2 more projects to clear out space before the arrival of my Bally grail EM

If only I lived a few miles up the road from you....

1 month later
#19766 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

EMs with million point score reels always look strange and awesome at the same time

Especially an EM that is "Solid State" (per the description).

#19823 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

1984 Bally Midway Eight Ball Deluxe
Ad: Unfortunately this one doesn’t turn on, but if somebody put work into it could go for 1,000’s!!! Needs to goo soon!!!
Me: Then the price should be in the 100's
Hurry before it turns to goo.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/786036252331188/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search

Should I message him and tell him there's an ON-OFF switch under the cabinet?

2 months later
#20487 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Good question. I can't find any 1930's slang references to the "6-7/8".
It could be a hat size reference but that doesn't make any sense.
Being "this close" to lucky number 7 ?
I'm stumped.

The guy that designed that placard was a Stoner.

aae7162a9e0ff5d65c040bb73e95458ae2b52997 (resized).jpgaae7162a9e0ff5d65c040bb73e95458ae2b52997 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#20980 2 years ago

Middle Earth project for sale. $400. Shopped the playfield, it's beautiful. The backglass is excellent. It's all complete, just not working.

IMG_0481 (resized).JPGIMG_0481 (resized).JPGIMG_0482 (resized).JPGIMG_0482 (resized).JPG
3 months later
1 week later
#21762 2 years ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

I was able to speak with him and confirmed I would buy it. He gave me the address and I was in the car heading there to pick it up and then he said he sold it to someone else. I love when these deals turn into auctions.

That totally sucks. Some people have no integrity.

1 month later
#22033 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

And it has the legs!

Original legs...painted black by the owner.
Never turned on....but the boards removed to test (use) in other machines.
Original backglass...broken.
Damaged cabinet.
Best part, two great offers on the table, but not accepted.

2 months later
#22395 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Agreed, if any wanted would be made, I would say it should be pretty specific. Like, I need a head for a 70's bally EM or similar.

There already is a thread for that....here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/174#post-6832257

3 weeks later
#22715 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Ad should read "Headless Cleopatra"

Or rename it Marie Antoinette

1 month later
#23241 1 year ago

This is my most favorite thread on Pinside. Keep posting the project pins. I've come across some great deals here. Thank you.

2 months later
#23676 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I had some prick here on Pinside do that to me for $100! Made a deal at 2 pm. Told him I was leaving work at 5pm and coming straight there and would be there at 7pm. I get there and he tells me, sorry I sold it to someone else for alot more. Yeah, the guy he sold it to was also on Pinside, he paid $100 than our agreed price. Not the buyers fault because the seller never told him he already had a deal in place. It's just a shitty thing to have to deal with.

I think you should shout out the Pinsider to warn others. That seller has no integrity.

#23686 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I had some prick here on Pinside do that to me for $100! Made a deal at 2 pm. Told him I was leaving work at 5pm and coming straight there and would be there at 7pm. I get there and he tells me, sorry I sold it to someone else for alot more. Yeah, the guy he sold it to was also on Pinside, he paid $100 than our agreed price. Not the buyers fault because the seller never told him he already had a deal in place. It's just a shitty thing to have to deal with.

Similar story....I bought and paid for a game on ebay. Arranged with the seller to meet at his house at 6:00 when he got off work. I had to drive 4 hours to his house, so I had booked a hotel to overnight after picking up the game, then planned to drive home the next day. I get to his house and he is not there. I call him and no answer. I text him and no answer. I continued calling and texting and after about an hour, he messages me that he is 30 minutes out. He doesn't show in 30 minutes. I message and call for an update. No answer again. I continue calling and messaging. An hour later he says he's on his way. This went on for about 3 hours. I'm pacing his front yard. He finally strolls in about 9pm, doesn't say he's sorry, total asshole, opens up his garage and the game is on the floor, no legs, disassemble so I can't play it (supposed to be working). Not as described, but I drove 4 hours, waited around for another 3, and my hotel was paid for already. I didn't tell him how I was feeling, I just wanted to load up the game and get out....hoping he was still going to let me have the game. I think his plan was that I would just go home. Loaded it up finally and spent a sleepless night on the road. Later I gave him negative feedback on ebay and he complained about it!

11 months later
#24890 9 months ago
Quoted from ScottThePhotog:

That's so weird. Why would someone just sell the backglass like that?

ID ten T

3 months later
#25144 5 months ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Appears complete

Appears to be missing the apron cards.

2 months later
#25635 3 months ago

So this guy is selling his EBD. I get one very fuzzy picture, but ok...I call him and he tells me it's not working, but was recently serviced, new boards, new rubbers....I ask if there is any paint missing on the playfield, he says a little; "one spot where the ball goes down, and one spot up by a bumper." I drive an hour and a half to find this.

Liar, lair pants on fire.

Anyway, I'm now looking for a hardtop or EBD playfield. My latest project

IMG_8422 (resized).JPGIMG_8422 (resized).JPG
#25648 3 months ago

Thanks everyone for the info. I’m definitely considering all options.

1 month later
#25885 51 days ago
Quoted from dstudeba:

1981 Bally Flash Gordon
Victorville, CA
$1000
listed 12 minutes ago
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/313137014721872

Price has gone up to $1500

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 169.00
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jethrop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.