Topic Stats

• 14,681 posts
  • 477 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Isochronic_Frost
  • Topic is favorited by 430 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,208 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191020-182950 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
cr (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191015-230608 (resized).png
20191010_185551_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_1259 (resized).JPG
FE4BC50A-AB45-44CE-8B73-15E7CC64246D.jpeg
pin (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191007-015638 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191006-012316 (resized).png
IMG_3017 (resized).JPG
PF-as-is (resized).JPG
IMG_2579 (resized).JPG
IMG_3005 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jethrop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8218 1 year ago

That's wonderful! Wish I was closer...

1 month later
#8789 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

This is back for sale eight months later.

all it needs is one $13 coil...

#8816 1 year ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

Such a strange combination of playfield / backglass and cabinet.

Looks like the backglass and play field are correct, but...but maybe it was owned by a King at some time in the past and he wanted a custom cabinet.

4 weeks later
#9391 1 year ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

He had salvage listed as the condition, so maybe he was offended by the other end of the range, asking if it was playable. It was a pretty broad range, I was just looking for clarification toward what end of the scale he thought it fell.

That guy was a total jerk. No one ever complained about his attitude in 64 years....Yeah right! Probably what he meant to say was no one ever complimented his good attitude in 64 years.

3 weeks later
#9932 1 year ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I don't understand the "lack of love" for Magic and the low selling price compared to other Classic Bally & Stern machines? This is a fairly low production machine you don't see come up for sale often yet no one seems to care about it? Or at least the "average selling price" indicates no one cares about it.

Frankly, the artwork for me is a turn off. I wouldn't want one.

#9964 1 year ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

For me it's the primitive beeps and boops; if it had chimes, Magic would be a rockstar.

Strange...that wasn't my quote that was attached to Seshpilot's post.

#10003 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

You can usually find a pallet or ten outside grocery stores like Kroger, around the back where the semis deliver. Buy a $10 pack of the neon orange ratchet straps at Harbor Freight...maybe a roll of shrinkwrap and cardboard or whatever your padding items of choice are when shipping. When you have it all packed and strapped to the pallet, take it to the back door at the Fastenal store. Knock on the back door, give them the password, and they'll take your pallet and ship it.

I just completed my first shipment with Fastenal. To further others' comments, I can tell you they will not insure the game unless it's in a wooden crate. Forget that. Mine was not crated, only shrink wrapped. It arrived fine -- no damage. Of course, it all depends on how well the shipping party protects everything when strapping to the pallet. Nothing can extend past the edge of the pallet. So you must strap the cabinet to the pallet standing up, not flat. They must be able to unload from your trailer/vehicle with a pallet jack. It is probably easier for most people to just bring the pallet and game separately to the store, then get it all wrapped and strapped to the pallet at the store. I found the Fastenal people very helpful. Pallets are available all over the place. Straps are cheap at home depot or harbor freight tools.

#10013 1 year ago

git ya a donkey. they can haul a pallet and game to Fastenal no problem.

donkey-work (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10586 1 year ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Does Georgia own 50% of all the pinball machines in the world, or am I missing something?

Here's a depressing thought....99.2% of the pins you want are located too far away from you to pick up. Of the remaining 0.8% within driving range, 78% are overpriced. So if I did my math right, you have less than 6 tenths of 1 percent chance of findiing and buying your next project.

3 weeks later
#10825 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Harbor Lites / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Month/Year: February 1956
Production: 1,500
Cost: $175 OBO
Link/Contact: chillicothe.craigslist.org link
OP: 1956? Gottlieb's Harbor Lites non working needs restored or refurbished great graphics pickup only 175obo

Scored this one!! It's a project alright !

IMG_9226 (resized).JPGIMG_9227 (resized).JPGIMG_9232 (resized).JPGIMG_9233 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#11222 10 months ago

Star Trek posting is NOT Legit. Been posted in the Dayton, OH CL off and on for months....maybe even a year. It's a SCAM.

3 weeks later
#11377 10 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

OP: 1962 Liberty Belle Pinball Machine for sale $500 cash. I will require you to hire a professional mover with insurance to move, located in basement.

Also required that you sign a personal liability release before coming on property to inspect the game.

3 months later
#12260 6 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Interesting. Mary's Eager Beaver looks like the same EB in this pinside ad looking for a back glass. The white painted cab and the scratches on the cab look the same.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eager-beaver-backglass-wanted
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

All beavers look pretty much the same.

2 months later
#12747 3 months ago

I picked this up today! I don't have any room, but couldn't resist...

Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Aquarius / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1970
Production: 2,025
Cost: $275 Firm
Contact/Link: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: Game does partially work.
As you can see, it’s fairly rough.
There is some cabinet separation on the head (see photo)...
...Includes schematics.
A prime candidate for restoration or you can part it out."

#12749 3 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

A great pin came up for sale cheap in your city. No road trip? I’m jealous

I had to drive 12 miles one way! Does that constitute a road trip?

A year or so I picked up another Aquarius project in Cincinnati. It's all finished now and working in my collection. Figured the working machine would help me troubleshoot this new project. And like my previous one, this one is painted over the original stencil. It'll be getting a repaint back to original design after the broken cabinet is all glued back together.

3 weeks later
#13015 3 months ago

WALKED AWAY from a project for the first time. What a disappointment. Guy has a collection of 400+ pins (Paicines Ranch) about 1-1/2 hours drive south of San Jose. He listed on Craigslist Mata Hari project. I called and we discussed. He described the cabinet having just some "flaking paint" on one side. The play field and backglass he said were "good." So I made the hour plus drive (3 hours round trip). Flaking paint and good backglass my ass.

The side of the cabinet didn't just have flaking paint...it was missing like a section at least 12" x 12" on one side. The cabinet was delaminating and missing the bottom supports. The backglass was toast. It looked like 30% of it was covered with touch up paint. Very sloppy.

I was expecting a project, but definitely not as described. Beware if you ever go there to buy something. Not as described.

#13017 3 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Were you able to look at any other pins
?

Yeah, walked through some of the collection before I looked at the Mata Hari. It is a very impressive collection indeed.

#13022 3 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I gotta ask...did you make an offer on anything else...or a lower offer on mata hari?

No

3 weeks later
#13446 71 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

On that note, any other EM’s you often see clogging up the marketplaces?

Duotron

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Joseph, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jethrop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside