Topic Stats

• 14,173 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Murphdom
  • Topic is favorited by 419 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,172 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF4482 (resized).JPG
DSCF4478 (resized).JPG
DSCF4462 (resized).JPG
DSCF4462 (resized).JPG
Surf Champ (resized).png
20190906_135536 (resized).jpg
20190906_135546 (resized).jpg
20190906_140725-1 (resized).jpg
01B6FA2A-3BE0-46A2-AE70-8AE34EE6A39A (resized).jpeg
6B6C64D6-4C94-4514-A893-8F913E58B26F (resized).jpeg
20190910_143537 (resized).jpg
20190907_145622 (resized).jpg
20190909_135300 (resized).jpg
20190903_151243 (resized).jpg
20190901_235037 (resized).jpg
Message_1567399830129 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from brandsilence:

I picked this one up on Saturday. Probably not worth the $500 I paid for it but I'm still happy as hell to have it. After a couple of hours i have it mostly functional.

Funny you would mention that. I had contacted her early on but told her that I thought she was overpriced at $500 and that if she didn't have much interest over the next several days to let me know.

I guess she found the right buyer at the right time and at her price. Is the game in decent condition? I couldn't really tell from the pictures she sent me. I need a project game to fix up and donate to an upcoming fundraiser and this was a potential candidate.

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from brandsilence:

It was in decent condition, but rougher than i had hoped.

This makes me feel a bit better. I could see some missing paint on the backglass but the rest of the pictures she sent didn't show me enough details to see things like the contact paper. She told me that the tilt wasn't working and that her husband fixed it. According to her, this was the only thing wrong with the game. I see that this wasn't true either.

In the end, if it's a game you really wanted then I'm glad you got it. It seems they don't come up for sale all that often but most that I have seen are pretty beat up. If you overpaid a bit to get a desirable game, that's ok.

Dave

1 month later
#1569 3 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

FYI, this is in NY, not Wisconsin...

I got all excited when I saw Walworth as that's where I went to high school (the Wisconsin Walworth, not the other one) and figured I might know the person selling it. Alas, there was no machine in Walworth, WI.

Dave

4 weeks later
#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Link/Contact: milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "It seems to be all there and in pretty good shape. It came with a house I purchased. I haven't plugged it in yet, and most likely will let the buyer do that."

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

"Post deleted by author" Looks like this one's gone.

Is a $400, non-working Darling a deal? I took a look at the IPDB pictures for this one and it looks like there's basically nothing to do on this game, except loop the captive balls from one side to the other. The comments on IPDB aren't positive either. I checked the ebay sales listing from bostonpinball and the long term average is $283.

I guess we're not arguing about whether something is a deal or not but rather that it's a project pin that was for sale...

Dave

#1835 3 years ago

Good point Alex. I always say that I've never met a pinball machine that I didn't like - it's just that I like some more than others. All games have something to offer. It just seemed like $400 for what I presumed was a non-working Darling, seemed a bit high. Oh well, as long as someone got it and will enjoy it, that's all that matters.

#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

This one looks slightly more interesting and cheaper.

I contacted this guy last week when it first went up for sale and he's reluctant to answer any questions or send any pictures...I don't have time for that so I haven't followed up on this one. I never understand people who have stuff for sale that don't want to do the minimum to sell a game. That, to me, is a red flag.

Dave

2 months later
#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Blue Chip / EM 1 Player

This is mine...if anyone's interested, let me know.

Dave

1 week later
#2541 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

There is one ad with it priced at $250 and one with it priced at $350. Also on Ebay for $400.

I contacted him based on the $250 price, asked a couple of quick questions, and have been waiting for him to get back to me since then. Of course, during that time I noticed he raised the price so I'm guessing he got some interest in it and figured he should raise the price.

I think if you're going to raise the price you should probably remove the ad at the lower price

3 months later
#3778 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Wonder why it came up again in this morning's email. *shrugs*

If I were guessing I'd say he deleted his old ad and then entered it again so it would show up in everyone's email. It's a way to get it back in the forefront.

4 weeks later
#4036 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Funny, "James Moon" sent me all the pics of his monster bash that his grandfather gave him

I knew it was a scam when I saw the price but figured I'd have some fun with him. He sent me the pictures, which as you mentioned were clearly stolen from here. When I asked him where he was he said he was in Newark, DE even though his Mr. Pinball ad said Indiana. I told him that I lived close enough to drive over tonight to get the game. He said, come on over, here's my address. I looked up his address and it was a real address with a real house but it was also up for sale. I asked about whether he was moving or not and he said yes, and that's why he needed to dump the game. I then asked him why his pictures didn't match any of the rooms in the house that were shown online. He didn't have much to say about that. I then asked him to send me a picture of the inside of the head so I could see the boards and I'd need him to put a hat or something in the picture because I was doubting he had the game. Silence....

I guess my fun with this scammer is over...

2 months later
#4771 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Hi-Deal / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1975
Production: 2,085
Cost: $350

If you look at the pictures, the playfield looks really faded and in the bonus area it looks like it's worn to the wood. Hard to tell for sure though. If I were guessing, I'd say the window that's shown in the background of one of the pictures has been letting sunlight shine on that game for the 10 years he's had it, causing the substantial fade...

Dave

7 months later
#6301 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Black Hole / SS System 80, 4 Player
Features: Widebody
Month/Year: October 1981
Production: 8,774
Cost: $750

This is actually located in Franklin, WI and is for sale by a pinsider. Tom's a good guy and you can't go wrong buying from him.

Dave

7 months later
#8387 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Good ‘ol Pinrescue.

Whenever someone trots out the "but I saw one sold on pinrescue blah blah blah" I tell them to call them and ask how much they'd pay for their game in its current condition. I think they're often surprised that pinrescue won't pay $1,000 for a non-working hunk of junk that they would eventually sell for $3,000. It doesn't always get them to lower their price but it's at least a dose of reality.

3 months later
#10068 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

One of those estate sales things.

https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Lake-Forest/60045/1959729

Starts tomorrow. Lake Forest Ill.

There are:

1) Xenon.......................Bally

2) Tales from the Crypt....Data East

3) Wipeout......................Gottlieb

I contacted this guy via his craigslist ad and asked for prices to get an idea of where he's at. He was at retail + for his games. He claims they're all shopped and in excellent condition. Hard to tell from the pictures.

#10083 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I posted this sale with all three games with prices,

I looked back a few posts and didn't see that you had posted this sale with prices. Both his estate sale and craigslist post did not include prices, which is why I contacted him. Here are the prices he gave me when I asked; XENON - $2500, Wipeout - $2500, and Tales from the Crypt - $4500. On top of it, he claimed that he had 1 of only 25 TFTC that had a topper, which I don't think was correct.

I just checked his estate sale listing and he's indicating that all of the pinball machines have sold.

So, a couple of observations. None of those were "project" machines and I must be getting old because those prices seem really high to me yet someone out there paid the price.

#10084 1 year ago

bluespin, check that...saw your post with the same ridiculous prices that were quoted to me as well...Apparently, those were some of the nicest pinball machines on the planet. Even then, I don't think I'd have paid those prices. Sorry I missed your post earlier, I started to far back in the past when looking rather than looking by poster.

#10091 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Those were only asking prices. We’ll never know what they sold for.

True, but his email went on to say that he knew he was charging retail + cost of mods and that he was sure he would get it so if I wasn't interested at those prices that I should move on. Unless he had a quick change of heart, I'd say he got close to what he was asking.

#10094 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The estate companies are used car dealers,

Agreed...but the sale went through today and the games were already gone so I'm guessing they got what they were asking, or near it anyway.

Not that it really matters, I wouldn't have paid anywhere near what they were asking.

Dave

2 months later
#10914 10 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Fully working BH sell for $2500-3000. Fully working HH sell for $2200-2500.

I know prices have changed over the years but I can't imagine paying that for a Black Hole or a Haunted House. I've owned Black Hole twice. I like the game. I've never owned a Haunted House. I know it's not relavant because it's from the past but I paid $500 for my Black Hole in 2011. I just can't believe that this game is now 5 to 6 times more expensive than it was 7 years ago. Ok, ok, I know, I'm the old-man in the group but man, Black Hole, as great as it is, is not a $3,000 game.

2 months later
#11414 8 months ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Here's a Flash in Wisconsin.

That game has been for sale for quite a while. Looks like he might have overpaid for the project and is now hoping he'll get his money back from it. Unfortunately, that's not always the case.

In addition, while the boards may have issues, there might be other issues with the displays or wiring/connectors, etc. Basically, there could be a lot of work that needs to be done which quickly makes this project game a money pit.

I'm sure it'll eventually sell but he may have to take less than he's asking for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 8.40
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside