5EB0B14D-9F40-478C-9682-D78AAA0BFCA3 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211113_235029874 (resized).jpg
IMG_5577 (resized).JPG
20211218_122723 (resized).jpg
20211218_122924 (resized).jpg
20211207_183611 (resized).jpg
20211207_183602 (resized).jpg
20190812_105507_resized (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider droptarget.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11398 3 years ago

Hi all,

I have a Charlie's Angels in NJ. I haven't gotten deep into it, but it's definitely a project. Missing CPU and driver board. BG has quite a bit of flaking, could probably use some cabinet work too.

#11400 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

What kind of money do you need for it? If it is cheaper and head is decent I might be interested. I think I have a headless body if my memory is correct.

PM sent.

#11402 3 years ago

I have a NOS Hulk playfield too. Can you use that?

#11408 3 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Yes to any PFs he passes on. Thinking about doing the ceiling of my pin room in trashed PFs as ceiling tiles.

kewl idea

1 week later
#11459 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Man, I miss my Mystic. Would love to have another one of those.

WOuldn't you rather have a Hulk PF?

#11498 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Blast Off / EM 1 player
Month/Year: May 1967
Production: 4,635
Cost: ????
Link/Contact: newyork.craigslist.org link
DATES: FRI 01/11 - SUN 01/13
Me: Ranked #6 in top 100 EM rankings

does that look like mouse nests on the upper pf?

#11500 3 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

It certainly could be a mod - someone/something adding 'exhaust' from the rocket onto the playfield...

I contacted the seller, they said they had an offer of $575.00.

I told them to take it.

#11520 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Gonna go see it tomorrow!

Lots of EM advice on Pinside and other places. You can't go wrong for 100 bucks.

#11530 3 years ago

fe fi fo

#11533 3 years ago

Now I'm sad

1 week later
#11598 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Congrats zaphod and special thanks to rixzilla. zaphod has been looking for those beautiful marbleized pop bumper caps for a looooong time.

He should have used his improbability drive

#11609 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

One tech looked at it and wouldn't touch it. He told me to go buy a wedgehead instead. The second tech told me last night after 4 hours of diagnostics he can't fix it. I'll be picking it back up on Thursday evening.

I've never come across an EM that can't be fixed. I have a Travel Time. What are the issues? PM me

OOOOPS Never Mind, I thought it was your machine.

#11625 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

You wouldn't believe the number of people that pm me thinking that the games that I post are mine. lol

You're a popular guy!

1 month later
#11975 2 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Sent an email 15 hours too late, no response

Hi Speed? No pics? Scam?

2 months later
#12616 2 years ago

Damn, If I wasn't so lazy today.....

#12623 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I was prepared to drive 1,800 miles this weekend to pick up a grail pin. Luckily/unluckily it didn’t pan out

Dayum, now I really feel lazy. The Melody was probably under 100 miles.

It's been a rough month though, I just couldn't get motivated, but Idid pass the lead to a fellow insider who went to get the game. Apparently it wasn't worth the $$$ for him, so he passed. It's since been sold.

#12736 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Gary wasn’t too lazy to make the drive. I’ve been a little lazy myself lately too. He grabbed it. Texted me earlier.

Great, I'm glad someone here nabbed it.

7 months later
#15790 1 year ago

F*ck,

That is my neighbor's listing. She was supposed to offer me the games. argggg

#15794 1 year ago

dayum,

I can relate to family screwing family. I don't want to go into it here, but my wife and her siblings got screwed out of millions by her step mother.

I think the stuff in my neighbor's basement (actually her dad's house) was too overwhelming for her to deal with, so she just gave it all to the estate sellers.

I'm hoping no-one offers her anything on the machines so I can still get them, but I'm sure someone will. I posted a "price check" email last week on the Gondola, but didn't get any replies. She had sent me pics. the BG looked ok but no pics of the machine itself. She said that it's been sitting for like 40 years and doesn't know if all the parts are there.

I may still get them, but who knows now that's it's out in the ether. Fingers crossed.

#15795 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Time to knock on the door???

Too late I'm sure. Actually the seller lives about a mile from me, our kids went to school together. The house itself is her dad's that she's cleaning out, and is roughly 25 minutes away.

#15801 1 year ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

There was a playfield pic posted in the listing. Didn’t look like the game had been working in some time. It’s an Exhibit Supply Company game, so I would say less demand than the big manufacturers from that perspective. Very colorful with an interesting playfield layout and early bumper style. So from a visual perspective it looks cool. Reverse Flipper layout and probably “impulse Flippers” which is less desirable. All in all if it’s in decent cosmetic shape I would say no more than $250 as a project. You’re buying a piece of art in my opinion.

$250.00 waaaay more than I would have offered!

I agree not much demand. It doesn't seem like a very interesting table however, I would have taken it to either keep as a cool piece of history, or to find it a good home.

#15808 1 year ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

ESCOs are beautiful machines, but I can guarantee that you will never come out on top if you sell it after buying it. Original parts are impossible to get. I paid 400 for a "working" Morocco that needed to be broken into. Shame on me, but I didn't do that before paying for it and lots of the logic had been removed. I'm at about 800 in total and it still isn't working 100% right.

Thanks for the input. Good luck with getting yours up to 100% I was pretty much trying to save it from the trash heap, and either keep it as a piece of history or find it a happy home. I'm not in it for the $$$, bit wasn't going to offer much due to the scenario you've described.

1 month later
#16157 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Thanks, but no where near you guys.

PM me if it's near me, I'd be glad to help out if possible.

#16159 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Go West, young man, go West

If I must

1 week later
#16259 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Stern Lectranamo

That's the same guy who has a different machine for sale. I contacted him yesterday about it, but haven't gotten a response yet.

I'm pretty sure he's legit, will wait a bit longer for response.

#16262 1 year ago

Thanks,

I think I've spoken with him in the past.

You just never know these days.

#16269 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

no problem, rob is good dude, his games usually sell within a hour so if you do not hear back it is probably gone.

thx

1 week later
#16379 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Those are some interesting pics, , , resolution 1975?

100% positive feedback with 3 transactions.

1 month later
#16790 1 year ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Free! Sure its gone...

It's up to $300.00 now!

1 month later
#17157 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

it’s a real beater

Dayum, that playfield!

#17166 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This is one of the few EMs that hold up if you have modern tastes

It's a great game. 50 bucks in that condition.

#17259 1 year ago
Quoted from Ritewing:

For those of you in New Jersey and you need a "Little Buddy"

Ginger or Marianne?

#17326 1 year ago
Quoted from thedefog:

$350 Popeye on Long Island

Quoted from RonSS:

Anyone near Hempstead want to pick this up for me?

I was in Farmingdale yesterday. With a huge rental SUV as well. I could have picked both. Oh well.

I'm not going back. OMG, the traffic was horrible, lots of construction, had to weave through the Bronx for almost 2 hours.

I must be getting lazy in my old age.

#17380 1 year ago
Quoted from ecrc99:

Diamond Jack
Fixer-upper outside Schenectady $150.
Too far for me to go right now.

Thanks for posting. I contacted them, haven't heard back yet, but it's late.

#17389 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Damn I saw this a few days ago, apologies for not posting it here! Learned severely out-of-touch for what EMs are highly desirable, I’ve passed on this and Majorettes for a couple hundred bucks. Lesson learned.

and you're right around the corner

1 week later
#17619 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Still no excuse. Well priced, desirable title project pins don’t come along very often. You have to buy them when you can.

Maybe someone should thank HydrogenHuman for passing this along to the group. Isn't that why the thread exists?

#17622 1 year ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

this 10000 times but still no excuse

#17633 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I upvoted his first post with a link to the pin, that’s how I thanked him. I’m just trying to give some advice, not criticize him. It was all in good sprit.

Hey, where's the thumbs up emoji in here?

#17634 1 year ago

Dono,

I contacted the seller as soon as the ad went up

#17637 1 year ago
Quoted from Dono:

Were you able to snag it?

working on it. I'll know later.

#17683 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Great, now I got Its not Unusual stuck in my head, thanks.

Thanks to you, so do the rest of us!

#17714 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

I don't think many of us make it to alaska much

I do, or at least did before Covid.

#17734 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

This is close to me. If someone needs me to grab it for them let me know

Tempting

#17792 1 year ago

Luck

#17854 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Price dropped to $250

It's gone.

#17959 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Thanks, I've inquired. 40 minute drive for me.

Same pic and price he told me yesterday.

1 week later
#18095 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Paging a Mr Colson. Will a Mr Colson pickup the courtesy phone.
4 Machines in Philadelphia for $ 600 !!!

He probably owns all of those titles already! Or does by now!

#18101 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

For sale here.....

I'm right around the corner..........

2 weeks later
#18336 1 year ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Williams EM
Livingston, NJ
$100

I'm on my way there now.

EDIT: I'm home again....... F that seller!

I spoke with him on the phone, he told me that he needed to be honest, the game was not working. I told him that I'd come look.

When I got there, he let me in the house, but both my daughter and I got an odd vibe from the guy. We went to the basement where he turned the machine on. It was now working. The pf has planking near the flippers, all of the rubber is dry rotted, broken or missing. The bottom of the bg has a lot of flaking and missing ink, it's filthy inside and I couldn't unlock the back door.

When I tried unlocking the back door, he asked what I was doing. I told him that I needed to assess the machine. He said ok.

Then I told him that I'd take it for the $100.00 he was asking. That's when he said, but it's working now, It's worth more.

I told him it wasn't to me. It's not a well liked machine. His reply was yeah, but it's a pinball machine.

He told me that he's moving and needs top sell in about a month, I should give him my contact info and he'll let me know.

Sooooo.......I'm not getting involved in a bidding war for a player's quality, poorly playing game that needs rubber and a massive cleaning, that may or may not have hidden issues.

As a matter of fact, I'm considering having the CL ad flagged. Is that too harsh?

#18342 1 year ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Yikes. Makes me feel bad I posted it....

Don't

#18343 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

When you encounter a cheap game, it's best to grab and go as-is, rather than carefully assess and fiddle with things. Otherwise, this exact situation can happen.

I didn't turn it on. He did as I was walking towards it.

#18344 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Never, ever try to find out what is wrong on site.
Load and go. Immediately.

My plan was to do just that. He turned it on and started a game, then "much to his surprise" it worked.

Nice Melody.

#18346 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If they offer

He didn't offer, he just did it while I was coming down the stairs.

Quoted from zacaj:

Whenever I go to see any EM and they claim it works, I explain how much work I'm going to do to it to make it really work,

I did.

He knew what he had. I pointed out all the faults. He told me that he knew all of that, as he had someone offer him 350 if it worked, but 100 if it didn't. Yet he didn't sell the game to that person. He told me that he had bought new rubber from eBay....to prove it he showed me the two new flipper rubbers and maybe 4 other 2" rubbers that were sitting in the game, behind the coin door.

I believe the seller knew exactly what he was doing. I wasn't going to bite. and then for him to tell me that he's moving in a month and will decide by then tells me that it probably didn't matter what I offered. I wasn't going to pay retail for a machine I don't have space for or really want, that needs a complete shop job. I'm guessing at least 40 hours.

BTW, the original ad never mentioned that the machine was not in working condition, he only told me that on the phone. He knew exactly what he was doing.

There are tons of Jubilee's out there.

I was just keeping the group updated so no-one else waste their time, unless you want a Jubilee for 350 at a minimum. Even then, there's a good chance he'll use that offer to bid up his next one.

#18347 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

So when you find a broken pin someone is selling, don't fix it, lol

Also, not necessarily true, yes it's a good rule of thumb which I've followed for 15 years now. However, I recently looked at a wedghead, the seller was asking too much for me. I made my best offer, which he rejected. I was ok with that, but we hit it off. It turns out that he worked at a bowling alley that I used to frequent as a kid. They had a game room with about 30 pins in at at any given time. Since I liked him, and our deal fell through, I took a look at the game to see if I could help him out so he could get closer to his asking price.

While I was looking at it, he saw my passion and honesty for the hobby. He sold me the game for my offer.

#18349 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Lucked out it was in my area, a rarity.

Of course that's a rarity, you've already mined all the machines in CT

#18351 1 year ago

Always nice when they're close.

#18359 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm really stupid sometimes!

No comment

#18363 1 year ago

Best to you Skip.

#18390 1 year ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Williams EM
Livingston, NJ
$100

Quoted from DropTarget:

EDIT: I'm home again....... F that seller!

The seller upped his price in CL. I'm guessing that he'll reject the next person to come to buy the game too. Let the games (no pun) begin.

#18423 1 year ago

I think this might be a project.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/823184367/

1940 Rotation

#18425 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Yeah, a project to dig it out from the storage room! But for $3,500 it should be better than fully restored!

I was going to offer $35.00, but think that would be too much.

#18499 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Sounds like you're describing tonawada or south buffalo

https://www.investigativepost.org/2017/10/18/land-owners-sue-over-radioactive-waste/
I had a college friend that grew up in Tonawanda. I wonder what ever happened to him.

2 weeks later
#18644 1 year ago

It was 1st listed 10/19/2017.

#18649 1 year ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I didn't see it that long ago lol.

It says that on top of the ad.

#18685 1 year ago
Quoted from Dono:

What looks like a very nice GTB TEAM ONE.

Hmmmm, It's possible that I played that one when it was new.

#18686 1 year ago

Bally Safari Philly

Listed as free, but probably an auction.....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2639742072957392

#18701 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Bunch-O-Machines
Wilmington, Delaware
newyork.craigslist.org link

No it isn't!

Not too far for me either, but seems risky without pics.

2 weeks later
#18813 1 year ago

Dipsy Doodle project $275.00 OBO Located in Northern NJ. PM me if interested. Has legs and lockdown bar (not pictured).
IMG_2113 (resized).JPGIMG_2114 (resized).JPGIMG_2118 (resized).JPGIMG_2120 (resized).JPGIMG_2115 (resized).JPGIMG_2117 (resized).JPG

#18842 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

we have great BBQ.

Pig-N-Chick

2 weeks later
#18944 1 year ago

I have 2 project pins....

a CC Top Ten. $100.00 needs a good going through PENDING

and a Williams Dipsy Doodle 150.00 (no BG). I have started to go through the game. I've rebuilt and cleaned all of the score reels already and corrected a few scoring issues. Update....Actually there is a BG, but today I went from those who will to those who did, so it;'s now in about 15 pieces.

No time and more importantly no space for these.

Pm for details if interested.

2 weeks later
#19063 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Flying Carpet
Gottlieb EM
$175
Ontario, oh
Pinsider tz_ryan
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106973

doesn't look as bad as the description makes it sound.

1 week later
#19175 1 year ago

Space Shuttle

$299.00

1984 Williams “Space Shuttle” pinball machine. Lights work but play does not reset. Needs work. Telford Pa. Pick up only Telford Pa.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/250540996403952

I'd take the chance if it were closer to me, but don't want to risk needing a System 9 MPU. It could be power supply or something minor.......Actually, probably worth it even if the MPU needs to be replaced.

#19185 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I sent a message. So we'll see. Very close pickup for me. Just need to beat Colson to it. Haha.

Good luck with that! lol

It does seem like a good deal, I'm just being lazy.

1 week later
#19252 1 year ago

Did Bluespin say something?

I couldn't resist

#19253 1 year ago

IDK if this is a project but.....

Bally Safari
Manorville NY

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/434869527554535/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

safari (resized).png
#19268 1 year ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Wedgeheads in NY

I contacted the seller 2 hours after his post. He said that he's already working with someone on the whole package. I thought about asking you to go in on it with me, but none of those games are in better condition than yours. They look pretty rough for the most part.

#19275 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I offered on the whole lot but he wanted $2,700 and I passed on that. Most of those games are reaaaaally rough. I was interested in BaB, TP and Aquarius, but the rest are games that don't interest me and seems like piecing those rougher ones out at $400 a piece would be a chore.

I was interested in the TP and Aquarius. They're the best of the bunch and they're not worth 400.00

2 weeks later
#19386 12 months ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

I saw that too but it's deceiving- it's a link to an auction site.

I saw it at $49.00 yesterday

1 week later
#19431 11 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Freebie near Hudson NY.

I contacted him minutes after the posting. Never got an answer. I'm suspecting that it's an auction anyway.

1 week later
#19550 11 months ago
Quoted from radial_head:Big ups/a shaken fist at whoever got that $300 bank a ball

The one that's been saying pick up pending for about a week now? Was it picked up?

3 weeks later
#19746 10 months ago
Quoted from ZMonet:

Three machines for $250/each OBO in East Sautuket, NY

Maybe 250-300 for all!

4 weeks later
#20160 9 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Playboy
Bally ss
$1200

is that the one that sold for 500.00 yesterday? If it is, it cleaned up nicely.

4 months later
#21234 4 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Great deal for someone.

Sold, nice!

1 week later
#21301 4 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Doesn't look rare to me. Looks quite well done.

HA! I see what you did there.

The seller did say it needs refurbishing.

1 week later
4 weeks later
#21575 3 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE - Today FRI 10/15 - SUN 10/17
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Sing Along / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1967
Production: 3,300
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Nutley/07110/3071820

It's mine now! Thanks Blues & VC

#21599 3 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Let's see it, DT.

I'm traveling. When I get home.

1 week later
#21634 82 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Let's see it, DT.

a work in progress.....
IMG_5065-preview (resized).JPG

#21636 82 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

It's going to be nice!

I think so. Finger's crossed

1 month later
#21894 41 days ago

So we can have even more buyers trying to get the few machines that are available.

#21901 41 days ago
Quoted from Skidave:

I'm getting us back on topic...well sort of. Anyone have interest in these Williams flipper bats and shafts? I pulled them from a Bally machine and don't need them.

maybe

1 week later
#21929 31 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I love comments like these.

If they were good deals JR would already own them! (Hi Joe)

#21954 26 days ago

What are the odds?

Joe......???

IMG_5577 (resized).JPG
#21957 26 days ago

Didn’t think so.

I've already contacted the seller.

#21958 26 days ago

Didn't think so.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider droptarget.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside