IMG_0145 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
427544480_438001162096613_4726558780365908600_n (resized).jpg
432351887_946619277018071_8910572839030189925_n (resized).jpg
20231211_183040 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9361 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Red & Ted's Road Show/ SS
Month/Year: October 1994
Production: 6,259
Cost: ????
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/PA/New-Hope/18938/1945344
DATES: FRI 07/20 - SUN 07/22

There is also a Funhouse as part of the estate sale. They want 9k for both machines......

2 weeks later
#9777 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE
Manufacturer: Data East
Game/Type: Time Machine / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1988
Production: 2,896
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Fish Tales / SS
Month/Year: October 1992
Production: 13,640
Cost: ????
Link/Contact: https://www.estatesales.net/OH/Cuyahoga-Falls/44223/1963623
DATES: SAT 08/04 - SUN 08/05

I followed up on this one and this is the response I got:

"The 2 pinballs are pristine and in working order. The skee ball works fine but is older.
$2500 for pinballs each. $1500 for skee ball.
It’s a tag sale so obo in the end"

The fish tales, at least, could prove interesting at that price if truly in good condition...... Too bad I'm just too far away.....

3 months later
#11030 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I’ve heard rottendog is coming out wth a new system 11 board that is kind of all in one for all types of system 11. Should make things easier

This is correct.....sort of. The new board is going to work with system 9 through 11b. 11c rottendogs can still be had. Only drawback is these new boards are $$$$. I think over $400 from what I've seen.

Regardless, Big Daddy Enterprises is taking pre-orders with a $100 deposit on their website.....all except $5 is fully refundable if you change your mind.

10 months later
#13934 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Doctor Who pin for $2500
Raleigh/Durham North Carolina Craigslist
raleigh.craigslist.org link
Decent deal

Sounds like a problem with the 5v power supply to the MPU causing a low voltage watchdog reset. Lots of stuff out there on that, but if anyone is interested in that machine you could *likely* slap one of the $30-$40 WPC Power Fix Daughterboard from rkahr into that thing and it'd at least be fully playable while you take the time to figure out what to repair long term.

.....but I'd still try to talk the guy down a couple hundred first

#13936 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

... plus I own a Doctor Who. Haha!

Good problem to have.....I'm in the same boat!

#13938 4 years ago

Free Jungle King Wedgehead project in Alpine, NY

elmira.craigslist.org link

#13940 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Except upon closer inspection Meteor has EXTENSIVE termite damage The entire playfield, body and head is ruined...
The Blackout body and playfield has beginning signs of termite damage too...
What devastating news

Oh, the humanity! Wow, that is a serious bummer. 2 of the best early SS. Couldn't it at least have been something they made a ton of and/or that no one will miss? Middle Earth? Mr and Mrs Pac-Man at the very least?!

#13948 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Pirates of the Caribbean for sale here.
https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Haworth/07641/2346606
I like the custom 'instructions' card.....lol

Talked to Estate Sale Company:
Unsure of condition at this time
No pre-sales
Pricing will not be set until the week of the sale.

Same days as White Rose.....of course

1 month later
#14682 4 years ago

Anybody here the one to grab that really nice Seawitch on CL in Northern Virginia for $500 yesterday? Was legit. Posted and pulled within 20 minutes. Seller communicated to me that he'd already sold it by the time I inquired, 15 minutes into the listing.

#14687 4 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Once someone saw that for $500, 1000 people jammed the phone lines... LOL!

Zero doubt. I was surprised the seller even got back to me.

#14690 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

i wonder if the buyer played the White Knight card and told the guy he was too cheap and offered him extra just to be fair about it

I know I did

Before I knew it had been sold, I texted the seller as soon as I saw it and said if the machine was truly working (ad said it was) I'd give him $800 straight up, sight-unseen, no questions asked, work around his schedule for pickup. I find that with deals like this, that's what it takes to get quick acceptance and just hope the seller is a person of their word and pulls the ad and doesn't back out for a better offer. Otherwise, the increasing offers pour in and the deal goes away.

They responded that it was already sold but they'd let me know if the sale fell through.....which no way that happens for a good-condition seawitch. So either someone had already offered more, or the seller just held to his guns and continued with the offer he'd already accepted at his asking price. Either way, great deal for somebody.

Too bad....I ironically just bought a Seawitch backglass just because I really like the game and art

9177 (resized).jpeg9177 (resized).jpeg
#14770 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Two amazing estate sales with too many machines to list:
11/2- Chicago, IL
https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3355353.html
11/6- ONLINE ONLY Garnet Valley, PA
https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3356569.html

That Garnet Valley auction is like a who's who of wedgeheads. Pretty amazing EM collection.

I'm probably 5 miles away from Garnet Valley so if anyone buys a machine from this auction and needs it picked up from the auction house and held until they can come get it (so long as I don't have to ship it for you), I'd be happy to grab it and store it in my garage on your behalf.

9177 (resized).jpeg9177 (resized).jpeg
#14771 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Two amazing estate sales with too many machines to list:
11/2- Chicago, IL
https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3355353.html
11/6- ONLINE ONLY Garnet Valley, PA
https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3356569.html

That Garnet Valley auction is like a who's who of wedgeheads. Pretty amazing EM collection.

I'm probably 5 miles away from Garnet Valley so if anyone buys a machine from this auction and needs it picked up from the auction house and held until they can come get it (so long as I don't have to ship it for you), I'd be happy to grab it and store it in my garage on your behalf.

#14805 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Partially re-themed Mata-Hari project. I'll keep my comments in my head on this one.
Definitely a project.
omaha.craigslist.org link

Ay Carumba!

3 months later
#15717 4 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Hurricane here and the Whirlwind will be going up for auction eventually it says.
Morgantown WV
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=1701&acctid=7396

Auction listing for this has been pulled from the site as either sold or withdrawn.

#15729 4 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Looks like they took down the auction for Hurricane and are now auctioning off Whirlwind in a package deal.
Hurricane and Whirlwind auction.
Morgantown,WV
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=1708&acctid=7396

I talked to the contact over at WVU. Seems they didn't realize that Hurricane didn't work until after they had originally listed it, which is why they pulled it down in the first place. Guess they just decided to sell them as a project pair.

#15735 4 years ago

Not for the faint of heart. Hacked power wiring that still needs repair, unknown state of the boards (some resistor pack burns), and fully disassembled top of playfield. Seller is 1900 into it.... Doesn't seem to be in a huge hurry to sell.

On a positive note, playfield and cab do look pretty nice, parts have been cleaned and tumbled and seller says he has a full picture set of the disassembly to help whoever buys it get it back together properly.

#15736 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

16 minutes in I clicked and it said “ad removed”. But it looks like he was asking $10,500 for it? That’s ridiculous.

Colson: have you joined the Pinball Enthusiasts group? I think I got a similar message before I joined it..... After I did, link worked.

#15739 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I remember a few years ago there was one sitting on CL that a guy had disassembled and it was in boxes. I walked from that one. No way in hell to know all the parts are there.

Who in their right mind buys a machine where all the parts are just in a big bin and attempts reassembly?

Oh.. Wait.....

IMG_20200211_225029535 (resized).jpgIMG_20200211_225029535 (resized).jpg
#15740 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m not on Facebook. My account is deactivated. Too many stalkers. LOL. My buddy looked at the ad for me. But with how much pin stuff is on there these days, I know I’m missing out so I’ll have to reactivate it.

Only reason I'm on Facebook. I have exactly 0 friends attached to my account

#15743 4 years ago

My newest project, picked up this morning after a 1am Craigslist notification and conversation. Cab is pretty rough, and missing the lockdown bar and playfield glass, but the boards are good and it flips!
Been looking for a project one for 2 years now. The people I bought it from were really nice.... But their house was maaaaaayyyyyyybbbbee a little sketchy......

IMG_20200212_111157259 (resized).jpgIMG_20200212_111157259 (resized).jpgIMG_20200212_104046038 (resized).jpgIMG_20200212_104046038 (resized).jpg
#15747 4 years ago

Was just a very surreal morning. The lady of the house was just excited to get her kitchen back. Which, with all the other stuff in there, was roughly the size of the machine + 1 ft on either side.

And no joke: After I left, I drove a couple miles down the road and stopped at Wawa to grab a coffee. As I got out of the car, 2 guys drove up and asked me if I'd like a brand new home theater system from the trunk of their car. Seems there was an "extra" one they didn't need from the "job" they just finished......

#15765 4 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Looks like they took down the auction for Hurricane and are now auctioning off Whirlwind in a package deal.
Hurricane and Whirlwind auction.
Morgantown,WV
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=1708&acctid=7396

I'd been watching this with some interest.... Right up until the price went to $2600 (plus 5% buyers premium) with 5 days to go (and this was when they were still both being reported as not working, although now they say the have gotten Whirlwind functioning).

Also, one of the Q & A's sealed the deal on letting my interest wain:

Q: Are these the machines that were in the flood? (2/12/20 10:26 AM)
A: we understand that they may have suffered some water damage from a plumbing incident where they were located (2/12/20 10:48 AM)

#15768 4 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Wonder if the bidding went over $2600 before or after it was disclosed they were in a flood? Someone might be buying a lot of expensive junk. Typically flood machines can have real issues depending how wet they got. I have tried to save several flood machines and paint of the playfields always seem to flake after being wet or under water. Boards & most of the electronics seem to do OK and I have even had transformers that were fine after they dried out but the wood is normally the biggest issue with flood machines from my experiences with them.

Looks like just 2 people in a bidding war.....price was increased by $350 or so since the water damage was reported.

Screenshot_20200213-180558 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200213-180558 (resized).png
#15830 4 years ago

Not mine and not projects, but good prices and nice playfields.... Sitting side by side. Maybe the seller would do a package deal.

Shamong, NJ

#Sinbad
$600
southjersey.craigslist.org link

#Cactus Jack's
$800
southjersey.craigslist.org link

4 weeks later
#16043 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Alien
Heighway Pinball
$5,000
Orlando, FL
orlando.craigslist.org link
Me: Not a Project but these were selling for $10,000 not long ago. Seller says he’s selling because of corona virus. A Black Knight Pro and Stranger Things Pro were put up for sale this week at $4000 each, and normally sell for $5000 each. Operator was selling because the location closed due to corona virus. I think we’re going to start seeing more people selling pins at reduced rates as they’re laid off from their jobs due to this virus.

Absolutely no doubt..... A JP2 Pro just went yesterday for 4k and there is currently a DP Pro still new in the box sitting in the marketplace at 5k. Only a matter of time before general prices on older titles start dropping too.

4 months later
#17728 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Thanks! I wasn't trying to take advantage of someone. I offered 800. BG is flaking and coin mechs and the hardware that holds them is missing so I will put a good bit of work into this one.
[quoted image]

But on a positive note, that playfield looks to be in great shape. Nice pick up!

3 weeks later
#18122 3 years ago

#Supersonic
Bally ss
$250
Corning, NY
elmira.craigslist.org link

Seller: Lights up but does not work I may be missing something easy I never had it looked at

Me:. If legit, looks to be in pretty good shape

1 week later
#18304 3 years ago

#Student Prince
Williams EM
Dallastown, PA
$100

york.craigslist.org link

Op says it plays. Backglass and.cab look pretty rough.....playfield not too bad. Zipper Flipper game.
Manual included.

#18306 3 years ago

#Hee Haw
Chicago Coin, 1973
Hudson Valley, NY
Price not listed

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

Only the body is shown, but looks to be in excellent shape. Chatted with the OP. He says he also has the head and legs...."My dad purchased years ago, I'm pretty certain it works."

#18313 3 years ago

Theatre of Magic
Bally (WPC-S)
Guilford, CT
$5000

hartford.craigslist.org link

Me: Lots of detail in the listing. Sounds like.a.few problems, but listed well below normal market value for this pin. Could turn out to be a money pit, or could be good value (especially if negotiable)....

#18333 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

This was a jab at guidotorpedo, aka Mike Frasca. I'm always calling him the soda pop king.

I'd think down in Georgia, you'd refer to him as the Coke King, but that may have a whole different meaning......

#18334 3 years ago

#Jubilee
Williams EM
Livingston, NJ
$100

newjersey.craigslist.org link

#18337 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I'm on my way there now.
EDIT: I'm home again....... F that seller!
I spoke with him on the phone, he told me that he needed to be honest, the game was not working. I told him that I'd come look.
When I got there, he let me in the house, but both my daughter and I got an odd vibe from the guy. We went to the basement where he turned the machine on. It was now working. The pf has planking near the flippers, all of the rubber is dry rotted, broken or missing. The bottom of the bg has a lot of flaking and missing ink, it's filthy inside and I couldn't unlock the back door.
When I tried unlocking the back door, he asked what I was doing. I told him that I needed to assess the machine. He said ok.
Then I told him that I'd take it for the $100.00 he was asking. That's when he said, but it's working now, It's worth more.
I told him it wasn't to me. It's not a well liked machine. His reply was yeah, but it's a pinball machine.
He told me that he's moving and needs top sell in about a month, I should give him my contact info and he'll let me know.
Sooooo.......I'm not getting involved in a bidding war for a player's quality, poorly playing game that needs rubber and a massive cleaning, that may or may not have hidden issues.
As a matter of fact, I'm considering having the CL ad flagged. Is that too harsh?

Yikes. Makes me feel bad I posted it....

I think flagging it is actually appropriate here if the seller isn't actually willing to sell it for the posted price. Him telling you it didn't work and then magically it does and it's now worth more is a total scam to get people "pot committed" and not be willing to walk away empty handed.....total bullsh*t.

#18352 3 years ago

Keepin' the hits comin'

#Eight Ball Deluxe (Limited Edition)
Bally
Commack, NY (Long Island)
$1500

longisland.craigslist.org link

OP: This game is in pretty good shape for game from 1982. The game is currently not working , I believe it needs a new MpU board, and could use a cleaning . I just don’t have the time to mess with it

Me:. Not necessarily a *great* bargain, but the LE doesn't come up near as often if you really want that version. And....."could use a cleaning" might be an understatement.

#18360 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I always get leary when they are selling a machine with others in the background. Stating they think its this or really don't know what's wrong. Now if the price is right, that's a different story. Just my thoughts.

I tend to agree....but I'm just the messenger

....Unless the guy is one of those "I buy pinballs" Craigslist types that buy, fix and flip....I don't know enough about the folks in the area to say if that's the case one way or another on this ad. I've bought from those types before and would say seeing a setup like this, or where some basic diagnosis was done but they decided it ultimately wasn't worth the time/effort for the profit involved, isn't totally uncommon.

Pics don't show up in a Google image search that I can see, at the very least.

...oh, and without doing any further research or having any additional detail at all: He says he'd let the Safecracker next to it go for $5800.

#18379 3 years ago

#Eight Ball Champ
Bally
Pottstown, PA
$900

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

OP: Says it works but should have 1 connector replaced on the MPU.

Me: at least from the low res images, looks to be in very good shape, with some insert decal wear.

#18391 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

The seller upped his price in CL. I'm guessing that he'll reject the next person to come to buy the game too. Let the games (no pun) begin.

4ekn39 (resized).jpg4ekn39 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#18537 3 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here's one!
seattle.craigslist.org link

Probably should put this in the Craigslist laughs thread and not this one.....not a project and 18k for a Rick & Morty? About 6-7k above asking rate on Pinside.

I especially like the end statement:

Chances are the company that made it will go out of business so get it while the gettin's good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 169.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=cmack750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.