Topic Stats

• 14,615 posts
  • 475 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Isochronic_Frost
  • Topic is favorited by 429 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,205 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cr (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191015-230608 (resized).png
20191010_185551_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_1259 (resized).JPG
FE4BC50A-AB45-44CE-8B73-15E7CC64246D.jpeg
pin (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191007-015638 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191006-012316 (resized).png
IMG_3017 (resized).JPG
PF-as-is (resized).JPG
IMG_2579 (resized).JPG
IMG_3005 (resized).JPG
logo2 (resized).jpg
100_3514 (resized).JPG
circus (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider borgdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#978 3 years ago

Not mine, from the ad, much dirt :

Selling some project pinball machines. These have not run in 20 years but priced right
Pinbot $400
Space shuttle $400 sold
Black knight $200
Agents 777 $200
Fire power $200
Alien star $200
Flash Gordon $200
Most are complete but some need back glass or CPU sold as is where is for parts or repair

seattle.craigslist.org link

#982 3 years ago

I'm thinking about picking one up for a rainy day(s) project. Can't stand Black Knight or Firepower, don't know Agents 777 or Alien star, which would be the better one to get?

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Decision made much easier...
Agents 777 is all that's left and a price cut to $100.

That does help the decision a bit, may have to give him a call I'll be in that area tomorrow evening anyway.

1 week later
#1124 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Close Encounters / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1978
Production: 9,950
Cost: $325
Link/Contact: portland.craigslist.org link
Condition: Not sure what to think of this. Appears to be in Good+ condition. OP: "What a day I am not getting any luck selling. I have a close encounters pinball machine I need rent money please come buy my pinball machine it works but needs some minor TLC"

Tried contacting this guy a couple days ago, have not heard back.

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This game was posted on here a page or two ago...saved it from certain death this morning. If the guy didn't sell it by the end of the weekend, he was going to sell it to another guy that wanted to part it out. BG has some minor flaking, but the PF is more than decent and all of the mechs and brackets underneath the PF look like they're brand new. Shiny. Another one saved from the graveyard.

Dang, much nicer shape than the Vulcan I play almost everyday at home. good job!

1 week later
#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

I'd nab this, if I didn't already have one!!

I'd nab it if I was 2000 miles closer, damn, same with the 2001.

4 weeks later
#1606 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

From Mr. P this morning:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinball Pool, 1979 Gottlieb: ALL reasonable offers?!
Machine needs a couple of parts, (flipper rubbers, one score paddle). Worked well until nephew came to visit. Do not know what repairs are needed.
William Lenoch
sthdrum@aol.com, Spokane, Washington 99217

What is a score paddle? just sent him an e-mail, I'll be in Spokane this weekend.

1 week later
#1688 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

From Mr. P this morning:
Pinball Pool, 1979 Gottlieb: ALL reasonable offers?!
Machine needs a couple of parts, (flipper rubbers, one score paddle). Worked well until nephew came to visit. Do not know what repairs are needed.
Spokane, Washington 99217

Thanks for posting this Ryan, I would have never seen it otherwise.

Bought this over the weekend ($425) and brought it home today across the state. Was only a few miles from my grandkids house where I was visiting. Cabinet is in great shape, backglass has a couple weird scratches but overall not horrible. Needs all new rubber and most of the plastics, many cupped inserts although not as bad as my Vulcan, and then there is the non-working state. It powers on and seems to boot OK, press the button to start a game, it kicks the ball out and appears to rapidly go through the balls to Game Over. Something is stuck or shorted somewhere. All original boards, and there is some corrosion on the board from notorious leaky battery that could definitely be causing issues, but doesn't look too bad should be fixable. At some point in time someone cut two of the connectors and soldered the wires directly to the MPU board, looks like a decent job, but definitely complicates removing the backbox. Anyway, parts to be ordered, corrosion to clean, switches to clean and gap... so basically a project

Pictures are from seller before I checked it out.

Pinball1_(resized).jpg

Pinball3_(resized).jpg

Pinball2_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Buck Rogers / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: January, 1980
Production: 7,410
Cost: $200
Link/Contact: charleston.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Needs some work.Ball stuck comes on
Lights up but maybe a fuse blown???
It needs some work"

dang, wrong side of the country again. Played one of these last week at NWPAS, really enjoyed it, would go great with my Pinball Pool and Joker Poker.. hmm I seem to be collecting System 1 Gottliebs...

2 months later
#3063 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Dragon / SS PI-1/X4 replaces System 1 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1978
Production: 6,550
Cost: $600
Contact/Link: stlouis.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Game works great. Has brand new PI-1/X4 All-In-One board installed to replace the original MPU, Driver board, Power Supply board and Sound board. This is a re-enginereed board with all modern components that corrects all of the Gottlieb System 1 design flaws that this generation of games is known for. This board alone costs $350.
Link to PI-1/X4 board
http://www.flippp.fr/pi1x4.php
Game is in average cosmetic condition. See the pictures for details. If you want perfect then you missed this one by about 38 years (it was MINT when it was new in 1978).
Playfield has been cleaned and waxed and all new rubber has been installed."

Dang for $600 I'd be all over this if it was 1500 miles closer, but it's now down to $500! Go get it someone, not my favorite system 1, but for that price with a new pascal board, that's almost free!

Not a bad looking Golden Arrow in Broken Arrow either, fortunately I found one already and am playing the heck out of it.

#3066 3 years ago
Quoted from osudrummer:

Maybe I should try for this one? 20 minutes away...
Not familiar with this game though.

Go for it, very fun game imho, but then I have some weird obsession with this machine. A lot of people poo-poo it's simplicity but I really enjoy it, and they are not that common and the artwork is fantastic.

2 weeks later
#3284 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I always roll my eyes whenever I see the phrase "should be an easy fix".

I'm sure it's easy, just drop in a pascal board and replace all the edge connector pins, easy peasy..

It's another if it was only 2500 miles closer... Would love to have a complete system 1 collection someday.. when I win the lottery.. and have room.. aw shucks, I'll guess I'll just stick with the 2 I have.

#3313 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFixin:

I emailed the OP today and offered $100 for it and explained my reasoning. (About the bad CPU and $200 cost, or the 20-25 hours of work repinning the edge connectors, and along with it being, one of the two worst System 1s Gottlieb made). He said that he had an offer for $250 and $275 and they were coming to pick it up this week.
Just an FYI for anyone...
-Pat

Out of curiosity what is the other of the two worst System 1s? Roller Disco?

3 weeks later
#3617 2 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Looks like the same place also has this
Game/Type: Charlie's Angels / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1978
Production: 7,950
Cost: $250
Link/Contact: lynchburg.craigslist.org link

Dang, why can't I find deals like that close to me, even if it needs new boards and displays I'd still buy for that price.

#3644 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Pascal board is a great all-in-one solution by a dedicated hobbyist who genuinely loves pinball. It also eliminates the need for the harness cable between MPU/driver which is one less thing to repin.

Congrats on the pickup 4Max, I'm a big Gottlieb system 1 fan (not an expert however). To clarify even more to the responses already though, there are multiple Pascal boards. The PI-1 board replaces the CPU board you are missing for 155 euro, while the PI-1/X4 is the all-in-one that also replaces the power and driver boards that are in there for 275 euro. When I got my Pinball Pool project I opted to go for the all-in-one and am very happy with it.

1 month later
#3961 2 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Nice, I shot him a message about this one. Would look good between Buck Rogers and Solar Ride.

Damn, 2 Genie's for good price both on wrong side of the country, never see deals like that in the pacific NW.

2 months later
#4747 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Attn: BorgDog!

Game/Type: Genie / SS System 1, 4 Player
Features: Widebody
Month/Year: November 1979
Production: 6,800
Cost: $200
Contact/Link: modesto.craigslist.org link
Condition: "For parts or repair"

Dang, you remember everything! Definitely getting closer, but not sure a 14hour each way road trip is in the cards. If it was half that I'd be there.

1 week later
#4854 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Getting closer BorgDog! Overpriced though.
Contact/Link: salem.craigslist.org link
Condition: "This is a project as it is not working. Needs electronics, bulbs, and some playfield bumper top caps etc. needs new rubbers on flippers. Playfield is in good condition. Paint is still bright. Backglass is starting to flake. See photos. Will be a great Machine once it's restored. Very fun game."

Yes, I saw that one, getting close, playfield looks nice, backglass not so nice. For a few hundred less I would drive to that, but since I have no space at the moment, I'm not going to temp myself by making an offer.

#4912 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Getting closer BorgDog! Overpriced though.
Contact/Link: salem.craigslist.org link
Condition: "This is a project as it is not working. Needs electronics, bulbs, and some playfield bumper top caps etc. needs new rubbers on flippers. Playfield is in good condition. Paint is still bright. Backglass is starting to flake. See photos. Will be a great Machine once it's restored. Very fun game."

Added today: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

Relisted at $425, getting tempting now.

salem.craigslist.org link

#4920 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Yeah. I might bite.

Please do! I don't want to drive that far and its damn tempting.

3 months later
#5266 2 years ago

Bally Big Show Bingo $50! non-working but looks pretty nice.
Kent (Seattle), WA

1 month later
#5679 2 years ago

Ha, nice new avatar Pecos,

1 week later
#5721 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Grand Prix, EM
Month/Year: June, 1976
Production: 10,554
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: seattle.craigslist.org link

OP: "Turns on, coin slot doesn't activate credits."

#5722 2 years ago

Game/Type: Sinbad, SS
Month/Year: Feb, 1978
Production: 12,000
Cost: $300
Link/Contact: seattle.craigslist.org link

OP "1978 Sinbad pinball machine power comes on and lights up but doesn't play needs work"

1 week later
#5776 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Premier/Gottlieb
Game/Type: Hollywood Heat / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1986
Production: 3,400
Game/Type: Spring Break / SS System 80B, 4 Player
Month/Year: April 1987
Production: 3,550
Cost: $600 for both pins
Contact/Link: reno.craigslist.org link
OP: Two pinball machines Hollywood Heat and Spring Break both need work sat for years not working. $600 cash for both.

Looking at the ad, they appear to actually be in SF bay area. I know someone in Reno and was going to have him grab them for me, but I'm not going to ask him to drive to SF for them.

2 months later
#6517 1 year ago
Quoted from Pecos:

This started out at $900 for both, then reduced to $800 for both. Now down to $700 for both. He's gonna find someone's price point soon!
portland.craigslist.org link

LOL I've been keeping an eye on it, but I haven't had a chance to get to that side of the state, but if it's still around in a few weeks I may take a detour from a planned trip and at least pic up the Torch.

1 week later
#6587 1 year ago

Game/Type: Cleopatra / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1977
Production: 1,600
Cost: $500 FIRM
Contact/Link: winstonsalem.craigslist.org link
OP: Pinball has all parts, including coin mechs, plumb bob, and ball slide tilt mech. Set to take quarters, can easily add free play if desired.
this a fun game it does come on but needs a cpu board this is a firm price the game its self is in great condtion u couldnt find a cheaper playfeild in this condtion call or text just put brand new power supply in it and had it cleaned

You made me click.. that's not the highly desirable EM version, that is the SS version.

1 week later
#6701 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Hollywood Heat / SS
Year: 1986
Production: 3,400
Cost: $350 OBO
Link: westslope.craigslist.org link
OP: 1985 pinball machine. This was abandoned at my home. They made 46 of these. Maybe someone would buy for parts. Selling for 350 obo

dang, I'm looking for one of these but too far away, nice price, but I think they made more than 46 LOL anyone near there want to pack up and ship for me?

1 month later
#7414 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Machine - For Sale
Sinbad projectNew!As is “This is a restorable project.

Have not booted it up yet, so it's as-is. All displays and original boardset are there. The mpu has a little battery damage, but it's fairly minor. I...”
2 hours ago Ballston Spa, NY 350 (OBO)
ForceFlow

that looks very nice.. if only it weren't so far away

2 weeks later
#7570 1 year ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

I still find this statement hilarious
Easy fix for Gottlieb Torch:
Confirm the little transformer isn't a smoldered mess
Replace all the edge pins, including those bifurcated split-pins
Do all the ground mods
Replace the Power supply. (or rebuild - after all, that's "easy" too!)
Replace the MPU (do not consider attempting a repair, unless you are already an expert, and have plenty of spare parts on hand)
Check the Driver board for shorted transistors
At that point maybe... MAYBE power it on and troubleshoot further.
Not to say $200 isn't a fair price. Just that people so often have no idea.

Torch is a fun machine, another if I was closer. I've taken to just biting the bullet and putting in the pascal all-in-one board and replacing the edge pins that are left. works great and adds some nice features.

1 week later
#7686 1 year ago

I'd buy a Spring Break for $500 with broken boards.. if only i were closer... broken record "if only closer" club member

5 months later
#9128 1 year ago

For the Pinball enthusiast!!!!! - $300 (Elma) - Seattle area

condition: excellent
model name / number: Genie
more ads by this user

1976 Genie Stand-up Pinball machine needs one circut board very cheap item on the internet just dont have the time to bother with it . no deliveries you pick up ... $300 or trade for something cool..

no pictures.. seems legit... maybe..

2 weeks later
#9567 1 year ago

****Middle Pop Alert***** - Seattle

$550

OP: 1972 Fan-tas-tic pinball machine still intact. Only one owner since the 70's. The body and overall shape of the machine is excellent. This was going to be a fix me up project to put in my shop but I never got time to get around to it after opening. All the wiring is intact but there's a power supply issue which would take a good mechanic to work on it. This machine needs a good home and someone who's willing to restore it!

#9581 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Gottlieb cabinet, coin door, playfield over priced at $50? Really rough shape. No paint on the playfield.
Cost: $50
Seller: Larry Brown
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2084230098481586/
OP: Gottlieb antique pinball machine. Can be used as parts or refurbish. Internals are all there. Missing back.

That would make an awesome coffee table!

4 months later
#11178 10 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You are northwest of the west coast. How do you come up with "Eastern most" ? I don't understand.

semantics (imho) ".. the Aleutian Islands stretch across the 180º line of Longitude, into the Eastern Hemisphere"

1 week later
#11273 10 months ago

Game/Type: Buck Rogers / SS
Month/Year: January, 1980
Production: 7,410
Cost: $400 obo
Pinsider: mongi
Link/Contact:https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/72231

From the ad "both transformers are missing ...... I have no clue if it can power up" hmmm

But dammit, wrong side of the country, I would buy it.

2 weeks later
#11367 9 months ago
Quoted from hazmat7719:

I am looking for this machine, where is it located?

Atoka, Tennessee

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/

3 months later
#12188 6 months ago

Highly desirable Cleopatra EM project, starting bid at $399.

ebay.com link » Cleopatra Pinball Machine Project

1 month later
#12568 4 months ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Project Pin Parts!
Cost: $5 Each
Contact/Link: seattle.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Pinball Playfield Glass
I have two standard size (21"x43") tempered glass sheets available for $5 each. These will fit most games (ask me if you are not sure about your particular game). Please note these glass sheets are used and have some minor scratches (I've priced them accordingly)."
Pecos: Even if you don't need a playfield glass, you can't go wrong for five bucks. It's always a good idea to have one or two of them in stock.

thanks Alan, I just drove through Maltby yesterday, oh well not too far away, have messaged seller.

1 month later
#13219 75 days ago

Gottlieb Dragon SS, 1978 $450

Hayden Idaho, near Spokane WA

OP "*needs power supply and 50ish light bulbs." me: who knows what else, but looks to be in decent shape.

spokane.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#13484 63 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Are you talking about a pin with the title “pinball”? I also read somewhere that someone was looking for one.

One for sale bellingham.craigslist.org link , far nw corner of WA state.

4 weeks later
#13996 35 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The pin is in Kouts, IN which is 2,127 miles from your house, just a little outside of your maximum pin road trip. I say go for it and stop at Chicago pinball Expo on your way back!
All kidding aside Bally had several pins with <100 made. They would send out prototypes to arcades to see if the public liked them as much as the current production pins. If the pins were unpopular they were never mass produced. In other words that Double Up May be rare, but because it isn’t fun to play

Ha, if only I had the time off. Yes, Double Up isn't the greatest player, but artwork and theme alone are worth that much for me, others may disagree. I did spend a good chunk of my summer double up on my motorcycle.

4 weeks later
#14565 5 days ago

Cleopatra SS $500

OP: It needs some repairs, everything lights up but the game won't boot/start.
It's likely the power supply or the game board. AS-IS

Me: looks in pretty good shape, much nicer than mine

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 157.00
€ 8.40

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider borgdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside