IMG_2476 (resized).png
431614063_7188125154641704_8537065374982863412_n (resized).jpg
IMG_2403 (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billc479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#329 8 years ago

I've got a package deal of project pins that I want to sell. Should I post here or in the marketplace? Thanks

#332 8 years ago

OK - Here goes.
I am clearing out my garage/barn and I have 5 parts machines:
Foxy Lady. Game Plan
Family Fun. Game Plan
They light up but no displays. I can't get the key to work on family fun and I don't want to drill out the lock.

Disco Fever. Williams. Cabinet is terrible. It was broken into, and then the game was allowed to sit without any protection. The head and back glass look ok. No playfield glass. Circuit boards are in the head, there is some corrosion just starting on the battery holder, but nowhere else. There are no batteries in the holder,

Triple Strike. Williams. Back of the box has water damage (Its particle board) The playfield looks good. The back glass looks good.

Star Trek. Bally. Back glass looks good, Mpu has acid damage, the power supply has the usual burned connectors that the operator soldered the wires to. Playfield is shot. No playfield glass.

I am near Springfield,Il. Let me know if you need more pictures.

I am offering these as an all or nothing, $500 total.

Triple_strike_Bottom_water_damage.pdfTriple_strike_Bottom_water_damage.pdf

Disco_Fever_playfield.pdfDisco_Fever_playfield.pdf

Star_Trek_lower_Playfield.pdfStar_Trek_lower_Playfield.pdf

IMG_2068.jpgIMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2070.jpgIMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpgIMG_2071.jpg

DSCN1800.jpgDSCN1800.jpg

1 year later
#5403 6 years ago

I sold my Mini Cycle to a flipper in southern Illinois - last time he listed it, he wanted $800 - I sold it to him for $150. Not a great player, kind of boring, but the backglass was perfect. I don't have any regrets selling it - it freed up space for another machine!

5 months later
#7349 6 years ago

Pecos-

You just didn't know where to go in Havana! Did you know it used to be a wide open town where Al Capone would hide while waiting for things to cool down in Chicago? An old work aquaintance of mine used to be Al Capone's duck hunting guide when he was a young teen. Quite a story.

I know what department store you're talking about. It's still there, but under a different name.

Merry Christmas from someone who likes following this thread.

6 months later
#9053 5 years ago

No room, and I'm visiting 40 miles away.
okaloosa.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#9526 5 years ago

I sent a message about Xenon - If true, I'll be there Monday AM with cash.

Add: This sounds like something too good to be true. Someone with that many machines should have a better idea of what each machine is worth. John - If your contacts see/hear something, please share. Thanks

#9529 5 years ago

Xenon follow up - Seller returned contact, said he has lots of potential buyers, and will send me pics of inside back box and closer playfield pics tomorrow. I may be taking a trip tomorrow afternoon, but then again, . . . lots of buyers.

#9551 5 years ago

Got a note that the Xenon was sold, so the listings are probably legit.

3 weeks later
#10043 5 years ago

John

Team zone is an add a ball game. I have one, have it set on three balls per game, and a really high score for an extra ball. To me, this is a fun game.

Not sure on the price, but probably can’t go wrong if you hold onto it for awhile.

1 month later
#10652 5 years ago

pensacola.craigslist.org link

These are just down the road from my current location. I've tried to contact seller, but no answer. Not sure what the second machine is. Tread cautiously, this area is known for Formosan termites, and these appear to have been stored in less than ideal conditions.

#10660 5 years ago

JAG94

I suspect you got them. If so, glad someone got them. Just curious, what was the second machine, and what kind of shape were the play fields?

Inquiring people want to know.

#10663 5 years ago

Ok Mystery solved. Now on a search for something else to inquire about!

1 month later
#11102 5 years ago

Bluespin -

I see you changed your Avatar again!

1 month later
#11370 5 years ago

Booby Orr Project -

Now that will be a project - no MPU due to battery leaking, so no telling what else it got, hacked up wiring - should be something to keep someone entertained for a few hours.

1 month later
#11685 5 years ago

Anyone care to give their thoughts about a project Wms. World Cup that’s missing all the boards? I have a chance at this for $250.

#11688 5 years ago

Skip - Thanks for the advice - I guess even parting it out I would be lucky to break even. I think I will pass on it.

Bill C

#11717 5 years ago

World Cup
https://us.letgo.com/en/i/1978-world-cup-soccer-pinball_8e3e1240-ff3a-47c0-8b85-02f61bb72bb4
Missing boards, backglass paint has cracks. She says its missing wiring harness, no termites
Wants $250, will probably go lower
Pensacola, Fl

Based on what everyone told me earlier, I am not interested.

2 weeks later
#11778 5 years ago

mobile.craigslist.org link

Says it has a Gottlieb pinball machine, no pictures, no information about the machine. Anybody curious or close enough to investigate?

2 months later
#12464 4 years ago

peoria.craigslist.org link

No backglass, rough playfield per OP

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 months later
#13400 4 years ago

Is anybody going after the Allied Leisure pin - Dyn o' Mite on Ebay? Looks like it might be working. Located in Indiana, well east of Chicago. I was thinking about it, but not sure I want to make a six or seven hour drive.

1 week later
#13643 4 years ago

Williams Swinger - doesn't work. doesn't look too bad in the pics $350

bn.craigslist.org link

#13673 4 years ago

Auction in Farmersville, Il Augst 31st. I would try to grab it if I was going to be around, but I can't make it. If someone here gets one of these, let me know.

Cocktail Pin  (resized).pngCocktail Pin (resized).png
#13674 4 years ago

Here's the other machine. (I hate working on a laptop on my lap!) Bad pics, don't know condition

PINBALL, FURNITURE, TOOLS,COLLECTABLES
View Photo Gallery
Coker Auction Service FARMERSVILLE , IL Sat Aug 31 - 10:00AM

Twilight zone (resized).pngTwilight zone (resized).png
#13680 4 years ago

Tabaum -I agree with your assessment, but it is worth checking out. Since it’s an auction, you never know. The pics were terrible, so if you see them, please provide an opinion on condition.

#13685 4 years ago

What I have found at any auction is that if the auctioneer senses or knows there’s an item or items that has attracted a crowd, that item is usually held toward the end of the auction. However, that’s not always the case, so if you go, plan on blowing pretty much of the day regardless.

#13694 4 years ago

I reached out to the auctioneer for better pics and was told the next time he will see the machine is at the auction. So, poor pictures is all we have to go by.

#13796 4 years ago

Just a follow up on the auction I mentioned. Congrats to a fellow pinsider who got Twilight Zone for $6500 - it was immaculate. Supposedly HUO, but since it was missing the power ball, I wonder. However, that being said, it looked like HUO. I've attached a pic of the ball shooter lane and part of the playfield.

The cocktail pin was a Circa 1933, and was advertised as non working during the auction. It had a broken plastic, and everything had double rings that were showing a lot of age. It will probably clean up well, but its still a cocktail pin. It went for $150.

PS - I now know that there are other threads for non project machines that i will use in the future, however, I wanted to finish this out since I had put the auction in this string.

IMG_5084 (resized).jpgIMG_5084 (resized).jpgIMG_5085 (resized).jpgIMG_5085 (resized).jpg
#13829 4 years ago

Near St. Louis - lousy pictures - reminds me of the old Penthouse pics where they put vasoline on the camera lenses!
stlouis.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 months later
#15133 4 years ago

pensacola.craigslist.org link

I can't get down there in time

I'm sure I'll get complaints about not posting pics, but until I can figure that out, here it is. Instead of gripoing, how about step by step instructions?

#15134 4 years ago

mobile.craigslist.org link

Looks like a decent project machine.

#15138 4 years ago

Stevie. Thanks. I’ll try that next time I see a project that I can’t get to first.

1 month later
#15530 4 years ago

Not sure what machine this is, but it would definitely be a project!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 months later
#16229 4 years ago

Mousin around must be gone, can't find the listing, and its in my backyard! Darn

2 months later
#16944 3 years ago

Ottawa auction - 27% buyer's premium, plus 2.5% for using a credit card. Wow!

1 week later
#17011 3 years ago

As mentioned before, that World Cup has a 27% buyers premium, sales tax on top of that, and 2.5% fee for credit card. I reached out to the auction company and asked if they could open the backbox, or if they even have the keys, and they never responded.

2 weeks later
#17229 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/590613365213893

Looks pretty rough, but for $100. Pictures won't upload

2 weeks later
#17526 3 years ago

Your flat blade screwdriver should be a wide one. A 3/16th wide won’t cut it. 3/8th or 1/2” will work well.

1 week later
#17698 3 years ago

I think the answer to your question is dependent on how you answer this question: What would you do if you were moving a fine piece of furniture?

#17703 3 years ago

Tbaum -

Since its only 30', I would drape it in a large drop plastic drop cloth, wrap well, and go when the rain lets up. The rain has been spotty heavy over here, and I suspect it will be the same where you're at.

I assume your able to get it into the van quickly, and have the luxury of waiting out the rain before removing it from the van.

Personally, I like pool noodles cut in half for all edges, and the idea of shrink wrapping, but sometimes shrink wrapping is a real pain.

I did have some experience with rain - I sold a Firepower to someone in Elgin, and was taking it up there in the bed of a truck. I had it wrapped in a plastic drop cloth, held in place with duct tape and bungee cords, and sitting on 2 X 4s. The same storm that partially flattened East Peoria struck while I was on the interstate near Bloomington. I pulled of the interstate, waited it out, and continued. When I got there, I was expecting a disaster, but instead, there was barely any water on it, and I was able to remove all evidence of water using a washcloth - it was damp, but not dripping wet. So, a well wrapped machine will be just fine.

4 weeks later
#18115 3 years ago

In Arkansas, it seemed like you could always find porch pianos if you looked. They were always for sale, too

Of course, the porches were covered, so you only had to worry about the 90% humidity in the summer.

2 months later
#18846 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/983609128829034

Looks pretty dirty, may be good for parts and backglass is good

Genie (resized).pngGenie (resized).png
3 weeks later
#18965 3 years ago

One you don't see every day. Looks like rubber is dried out, some wood showing on playfield

albuquerque.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image 1> (resized).pngpasted_image 1> (resized).pngpasted_image 2 (resized).pngpasted_image 2 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#19120 3 years ago

Just to mention my own ad I just put up for Fire Queen.

I’m not sure how to link the ad to this post. If you’re interested, do a quick search. Thanks

1 month later
#19341 3 years ago

The back glass looks like trash, but displays may be good, not sure about circuit boards. Likely a good parts machine.

2 months later
#20192 3 years ago

Bluespin -

You should have posted the Elvis for $8K in the Craigslist laughs!

1 month later
#20578 2 years ago

Truemagoo - More off than that.

#20609 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/852705775457269

Heck of a deal, looks like a new translite is included

Just wish I was closer. Daditude is likely pretty close.

1 month later
#20981 2 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

Looks like a Blackout machine near Kankakee, Il. I've seen worse examples of this machine out in the wild. Ends early afternoon today.

3 months later
#21644 2 years ago

Just posted a project - two Cleopatra machines. I think you could make a decent player machine out of the two.

2F3801D8-F689-43FF-B2C8-4AB3F769C894 (resized).jpeg2F3801D8-F689-43FF-B2C8-4AB3F769C894 (resized).jpeg
#21648 2 years ago

Cotton - I probably could, but I need to “reduce my clutter”. I’ve brought back worse, so I think the right person could get them going. I know Bluespin has Cleo plastics for sale in case someone is looking.

I’m getting to a point where I am beginning to think about what kind of mess I’m going to leave my kids. They aren’t interested in pinball, so I think most of the pinball stuff may end up in a dumpster. I just helped my sister in law clean up her Dad’s place - he became a hoarder in his final years. I know we threw out stuff that had value to the right person, but she did not want to spend the time listing and looking for the right person. I fear that’s what is going to happen to my stuff.

I’ve still got projects waiting for me, so I’m not done getting machines going. They don’t require as much work (I hope).

1 week later
#21707 2 years ago

I'm trying to downsize, otherwise.... Aquarius

Old mechanical pinball machine. Has been sitting dormant for a long time and the power cord deteriorated. Great project that will be a cool collectible.

Cash and carry, no steps. Located in south county.

1 month later
#21904 2 years ago

This is a kind of backwards notification of a project for sale:

Refer to this thread started by me: Worth Fixing - Wms Triple Strike

If I knew how to link it, I would. If nothing else, lots of good parts, including the plastics - they have the usual yellowing, no cracks.

#21906 2 years ago

Jeffc - thanks. One of these days I have to figure out how to do that.

1 month later
#22056 2 years ago

I don't know if this is still out there - its been listed for 20 weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/570851054068438/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A2e7a7ec6-1d8b-4f33-9613-8496e288f955

6 - Palace Guard
10 Royal Guard

I keep getting an upload error when I try to add pics.

2 weeks later
#22162 2 years ago

Ballypin - You beat me to it. I'm not interested - I already have one, and my touchup skills suck.

2 months later
#22790 2 years ago

Did you and Wayne remove the batteries from the boards before storing them? Do you think the number of boxes would fit in a mini van?

3 weeks later
#22982 1 year ago

facebook.com/marketplace/item/670885734361152/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A763fd46a-c0f0-45e1-8816-f03afda5564d

Spanish Eyes - in basement, must remove I'm out of town, otherwise, .... My quest to downsize would be taking a hit.

2 weeks later
#23160 1 year ago

Surf Champ - looks like a real project. It looks like someone started, got in over their head, and abandoned the project. Goes off Fleabay at 1700 today. Located in Harrisburg, Il.

ebay.com link: itm

#23161 1 year ago

4 Square in Ocean Springs, MS. Looks like it has been in the garage for awhile. I'm having problems downloading a pic, keep getting upload errors.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/797559717879138/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Aae3dcbb8-174d-4ab1-abc6-9cb8312c0b58

#23261 1 year ago

Forceflow - Please tell me more about the Pinside only tag. Does it pop up when I add to the string? For example, in this post, I don't see the option - maybe I'm missing it?

I post projects when I see them and not interested in them. I don't want to be part of a flame war, but I like the idea of posting a project here so that only members can see it. The idea of using the website and not paying to keep the site up seems immoral to me.

#23324 1 year ago
« Some content hidden, only visible to registered Pinsiders » Stuff only for Pinsiders here!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image 2 (resized).pngpasted_image 2 (resized).png

2 weeks later
1 month later
#23542 1 year ago

Thanks. I’ve been wondering if it worked.

I’ll try again when I find a project.

If you notice me posting one, please let me know if I got it correct. Thanks

#23644 1 year ago

Can’t access the page. Where in AL?

#23653 1 year ago

So who got the $300 High Speed project near Peoria Il.? I messaged within three hours of the yesterday afternoon posting, only got crickets, then a message this morning saying it was sold.

It looked rough on the front and the legs were rusted, but for the price, I don’t think you could go wrong.

3 months later
#23933 1 year ago

It looks like John is selling some of his arcade games, and in the listing is a Raven, an EK backglass, and two lockdown bars. I'm not sure if the Raven is a project or not. He's selling this stuff as an auction.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1069905883700552/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A2a1f14f7-acc6-449b-bb63-e18cdfee8773

Auction Link: http://AmericanPrideAmusements.HiBid.com

2 months later
#24147 1 year ago

I've got a Dyn O Mite board set that I tried to sell, just in case someone buys that machine and wants a spare set. (Not sure whether they work or not, but they do look good.)

1 month later
1 week later
#24415 1 year ago

Darn it! I’ll get it right sooner or later

2 weeks later
#24480 1 year ago

The pic looked pretty good - likely is an April Fool's day joke. I even forgot what day this is. Retirement will do that to you!

1 month later
#24580 11 months ago

From an auction site in Bangor, Maine

Royal Guard Not much info on it, maybe someone can get a good deal?
Pics would not copy

AuctionZipOnline Bidding Auctioneer Directory
Auctioneer ID#

Lot 123
Pinball machine – Gottlieb’s Royal Guard
Starting Bid: $100(0 Bids)
Your Max Bid
Request more information
Bangor Maine Antique Shop Liquidation Sale No. 4
by Bangor Auction Company
May 20, 2023 2:00 PM EDT
Live Auction