Topic Stats

• 15,037 posts
  • 483 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,265 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

games (resized).JPG
D2411960-B38D-4908-8B06-623CD941D2FD.jpeg
where is my crutch (resized).jpg
20180725_103320 (resized).png
FB_IMG_1529754894326 (resized).jpg
20191106_094259_resized (resized).jpg
6CD10275-E512-4762-BE1C-1EE0B479F963.gif
20190903_204141_resized (resized).jpg
20191107_180155 (resized).jpg
DSCF4527 (resized).JPG
DSCF4521 (resized).JPG
9747B9F8-E321-49BB-B1F2-427FDCB683C7.jpeg
0736095C-4ADF-44E5-8659-FEAEAFBCAF27.jpeg
DDE96A76-BA23-4979-8E2D-2F0DB68749E0.jpeg
E4AC3CAA-0A71-4F4D-9F93-7B77766A4270.jpeg
20191101_170523 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8503 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Top Score / EM
Month/Year: October, 1975
Production: 3,200
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: terrehaute.craigslist.org link
OP: !AD WILL COME DOWN WHEN SOLD!
Gottlieb Top Score pinball machine
in good shape for parts or restore.
$500/or might trade or partial trade for guitar/amps, or
roland drum rhythm machine or analog delay pedal.
map will show location.

Looks like the game is two hours from Terre Haute in Evansville--then why'd he post it in Terre Haute's section?

1 week later
#8692 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Hardbody / SS System 6803 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1987
Production: 2,000
Cost: $600
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballenthusiasts/search/?query=scott
Looks like a working pin for a project pin price.
OP: Bally Hardbody needs to be shopped but electronics work. Not acid damage $600

Added yesterday: Picked up by a Pinsider

chicago.craigslist.org link

looks like it's available!!!

#8723 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Black Knight / SS
Year: November 1980
Production: 13,075
Cost: $1,000
Seller: Joshua Young
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/443863836129308/
OP: Good shape like new

I can see the like new flipper rubber in the ad's picture! Sold already too.

3 weeks later
#9107 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Game/Type: Genie wide body/
Month/Year: October 1979
Production: 6800
Cost: $850.00
173 pinsiders own it. 133 pinsiders want it.
Contact/Link: lasvegas.craigslist.org link

Damn...road trip!

#9175 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Been trying to contact this seller, has to be gone by now.

Sure would look good with a $2,795 price tag on it!

1 week later
#9512 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Gulfstream / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: May 1973
Production: 4,175
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: carbondale.craigslist.org link
OP: Have a working 1973 Williams Gulfstream pinball machine, does show some wear on the cabinet, playfield and the back glass has been touched up by the previous owners, if your looking for a good old vintage electro-mechanical pinball machine for your man cave, bar, game room, ect. for a good price come look and play this one, for more info. call, text, or e-mail, $ 500.00 CASH

So far, the only EM title I've owned. It was a fun game and you can never go wrong with pointy people.

#9604 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Bell Ringer / Redemption Game
Year: November 1990
Production: 160 (!)
Cost: $50
Seller: Dennis Hennessy
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/683147588684878/
ME: This is a redemption game, but uses a Gottlien system 3 MPU. If the boards work they can be repurposed for a system 3 pin.

Looks like a leftover Mushroom World.

#9633 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Interesting backglass on that one...

A nice start to a Colorado Avalanche re-theme!

1 week later
#9854 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Metallica / DMD
Year: April 2013
Production: Unknown
Cost: $3500
Link/Contact: https://us.letgo.com/en/i/stern-metallica-pro-pinball-machine_8efea6a0-e53f-4edb-974d-6f8b54a6906e
OP: This machine was an instant classic as soon as it was released! Original owner, lightly used, everything works.
Me: Great game. Ranked #7 solid state game. Should be priced $4600-4800.

Dayum!

#9878 1 year ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Love no picture of playfield and nice barn storage. Nothing a little Windex will not fix!

Spoken like a true member of the Space Force!

#9998 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Talk to me about this "drop it at a Fastenal store". I have checked with two local Fastenal stores about shipping a pin. Both stores store tell me I have to do everything---including supplying the pallet. I called the national number for clarity on this pallet business. Corporate parroted what the two stores said, "you have to furnish the pallet". That ain't gonna fking happen.

You can usually find a pallet or ten outside grocery stores like Kroger, around the back where the semis deliver. Buy a $10 pack of the neon orange ratchet straps at Harbor Freight...maybe a roll of shrinkwrap and cardboard or whatever your padding items of choice are when shipping. When you have it all packed and strapped to the pallet, take it to the back door at the Fastenal store. Knock on the back door, give them the password, and they'll take your pallet and ship it.

#10012 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, sure. I drive a Saturn station wagon. I have room to move one pin with a removable back box. No room to haul an empty pallet, let alone one carrying a pinball machine.

Ok and I drive a Volt. I could probably get it done or rent a truck if the game was priced right. If you want it done you gotta put in a bit of effort or cash to make it happen.

2 weeks later
#10255 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

GARAGE SALE
Game/Type: Magnotron / EM 4 Player
August 1974
Production: 6,550
Cost: ????
Link/Contact: fortwayne.craigslist.org link
DATES: THU 08/30 - SAT 09/01

Come for the pinball, stay for the unrelated rant on humanity.

#10356 1 year ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Guy has another game on craigslist that looks cool. Em driving game, but its on an island. Not sure how youd get it off the island

A ferry to Sandusky?

#10358 1 year ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

The ferrys i dont think will let you bring a pin on. Im not sure. I didnt look too close into it since it seems like a huge pain

Dress it up to look like a robot.

6 months later
#11945 8 months ago
Quoted from robertmee:

It's a crappy game but if it were local id buy it for $500 just for the curiosity factor.

Gone already--sheesh, it's a Vacation America, locals.

#12003 8 months ago

Fifteen people lined up for the TX in Missouri on FB Marketplace. I'm 2nd apparently. Y'all are hungry for dem projeks.

#12007 8 months ago
Quoted from edward472:

Manufacturer: The Valley Company
Game/Type: SPECTRA IV /4 player
Mo/Year: Jan 1978
Cost:$150
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/366891090522162/?ref=product_details

First the one in Michigan, now this--it's raining Spectra IV's!

1 week later
#12109 7 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

They sell quickly in the northeast and mid Atlantic for $1600-1800 fully working. They’re also sought after by Canadians

...and Blackhawks fans because when you think Blackhawks, you think Bobby Orr.

1 week later
#12183 7 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

WAR!!!
ebay.com link » War By Viza 1978 Face To Face Pinball Extremely Rare Fully Working

that's off-topic..."Fully working"

...and c-c-c-combo breaker

1 week later
#12306 6 months ago
Quoted from Pecos:

'Red Flags.'
I don't look at Craiglist for pinballs anymore. I don't have the money or the room for more pins. But for some reason I checked the Tucson Craigslist last night and found a game on my wishlist, Flash, in Tempe, that I have been wanting for years. It was a Project Pin but priced right, too right, at only $300.
Red Flag - Yellow Flag #1: Priced well below market value. I should change this to 'Yellow Flag' because I have found some amazing under-priced Project Pins here in Arizona.
The ad had been up for eight hours already so I was expecting it to be sold already. But I replied to the ad by email and to another ad that he had for a Silverball Mania.
I received two emails in the morning saying 'I do' which was rather bizarre since I wasn't asking if he still had the machines. I was offering to buy them.
Red Flag #2: Email answered with what seemed like a canned reply, as if he hadn't even read my email.
One of the ads had a phone number so I called him up and told him that I was looking for a Flash. I told him that I was driving from Tucson and would he hold them for me? I offered $100 more than he was asking for the two machines. He told me that he couldn't do that and that he had someone there wanting them/it. I told him that I had to go to my Credit Union to get the money.
Red Flag #3: Telling me that he had someone there but the games were still available?
I offered to put $100 in his Paypal account if he would hold them for me. I wasn't about to drive almost two hours to Phoenix to find that he had sold the game(s) to someone else. I have learned that this promise is important!! He told me he didn't want that!
Red Flag #4: Why wasn't he willing to work with me? I was offering more than he asked? I was offering a down payment, sight unseen.
Red Flag #5: I got the feeling that he wanted several people to show up so he could have a 'Flash Auction', pun intended.
I then asked for his address and he told me that he would text it to me after I had the money in my hand. Huh?
Red Flag #6: What kind of games were this seller playing? Why wouldn't he give me his address? Why did I have to waste the time to drive to my Credit Union?
I went to my Credit Union. I really wanted Flash. It is one of the games in the great early Williams solid state games trilogy. I already own Firepower and Black Knight.
I called J**** again and told him I was at my Credit Union. He told me that someone was coming to look at Flash which seemed to contradict his earlier statement that he had a possible buyer already there. I told him that I wasn't coming up to Tempe until he accepted or declined my offer. He told me that it was probably better that I not come then.
Apparently this was a 'cash in hand' seller. Or was he looking for more money? He has the right to accept or not the offers that come his way. But what was with all the games? I did not take money out of my Credit Union and I did not make the hot drive to Tempe. I have no hard feelings, sometimes Craigslist sales go like this and I am certain that I made the right choice by passing on this rather strange Craigslist Project Pin opportunity.

That seems like a lot of steps for what should be a simple, "If you still have the games, I'll be on my way ASAP with cash in hand." No need to bore him with details of what errands you must do or whatever trivial stuff is going on before you're on the road. A seller only needs to know if you're on your way and you intend to buy. Sure, it's nice to leave yourself a way out of the deal by not committing 100% to buy in case the item isn't as described, but it sounds like this was a high level want that would not cause you to walk away unless the machine falls apart on itself once it's moved. Also, I don't understand why you were bidding against yourself and pre-paying...seems like the whole deal was more complicated than necessary.

4 weeks later
#12456 5 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

A working pinball machine and a Millipede arcade for $500 (one price!)
Game/Type: Super Orbit / SS
Year: May 1983
Production: 2,100
Cost: $500 for both(!)
Seller: Jim DeWoskin
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/358314777949760/permalink/638650279916207/?sale_post_id=638650279916207&rt=11
Me: I pm'd the seller and it's $500 for both games. You could probably sell the Millipede for $700 and then have enough money to buy any needed parts for the free Super Orbit.
It's only 11 hours (each way) for me.

How many Facebook groups are there for buying and selling pinball machines?! I think I've joined at least ten. Every ad is cross-posted several times across the lot of them. Are the groups created because someone doesn't like one group's moderator/founder so they split off to another group?

#12489 5 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Added!
Victory Derby

Here's a title I used to own that isn't in the catalog either, if you're bored:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1939-bally-scoop-1

#12497 5 months ago
Quoted from frunch:

Pinsider Colsond has posted a project Gottlieb Spiderman for *free*, wants gone asap. No boards, no backglass, no displays, fairly rough cab, no legs, couple cracked plastics. Here's a link to the post he put up at the northeast fs thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-us-for-sale-thread/page/275#post-5025519
I'm tempted but just realized I'm not gonna have the time or space for it the way things have been shaping up lately

I'll take it if he wants to bring it here. /jokingnotjoking

#12524 5 months ago

Here's a nice The Amazing Spider-Man
Looks like the playfield has been clearcoated and damn near restored, yeah?

ebay.com link » 1980 Gottleb Amazing Spiderman Pinball Machine

They'll even ship it as USPS 1st Class! Comes with a houseboy named Manuel.

#12526 5 months ago

I wanna see how he's shipping it first class. We've been shipping pins wrong all this time.

#12532 5 months ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Quote was 4.57! Perfect! Send it

Sorry Michelle, you and your shipping services are now obsolete.

#12537 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

He replied and told me he was 62 and not not know how get more pics up on his ad. I now I see he did add pictures. But they are all junk. So, I just got finished with sending him another Ebay contact and told him he is asking a premium price for his pin and that he should be posting quality, well lit pictures.
Not my doing, but he changed his method of shipping. "Buyer pays shipping costs".

I'd just assume by how faded the glass is that the playfield is average at best. I wouldn't waste my time asking for more pictures if that's the best he can do before being badgered about it.

1 month later
#12933 4 months ago

The game looks dirty as well.

2 weeks later
#13211 3 months ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Possible, but for shits and grins, I reversed image searched the postings pics, and they don't appear anywhere else. So they don't appear to be stock images.
Also, the ad lists the guy's phone number and it checks out for someone in the Burnsville, MN area.

They have burner number services that can give you a temporary number for just about any area code.

2 weeks later
#13520 3 months ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

The map shows a lake side house...so i'd have to assume that these were well maintained machines.....
Agreed, someone will end up with some nice games, hope its not a flipper!

Geist is where the wellest (sic) of the well-to-do live and play around Indianapolis. I saw a Star Wars from a lady who lived there that was filthy on the playfield, but just from not being cleaned. Once cleaned, the rest of the cabinet and game was like new. She said they got it from a pizza place after it had been there a year back in the 90's. They had owned it since then, but never did maintenance to it. There wasn't much wrong with it, just basic cleaning and such got it back and playing great. I'd bet that the Shadow has "endured" a similar existence.

#13552 3 months ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I have seen a lot of Williams #Fullhouse pop up lately. I know it’s not a desirable title but what is the gameplay like?

Starring Danny Tanner as Rudy.

1 month later
#14490 44 days ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Or make an offer is involved...I've bought 2 off eBay in the last 6weeks

You realize it's because most hobbyists gave up on ebay thinking there are no deals. This statement will increase your competition for the next pin you're looking for on ebay.

#14542 42 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Looks like that's the only decent game from what I can see.

Look closer. There's another title that could bring some moolah, if you know what I'm saying.

1 week later
#14715 29 days ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/549828092431993/

Who doesn't love some random EM parts?!...but wait, they'll also throw in a can of Kroger brand peas & carrots, lovingly stored in the pinball machine.

#14718 29 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Gottlieb
Victory
$700 obo
St ignace, mi
Pinsider pinhead86
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86640

I think that's a fun game. That's not far from the North Pole though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside