IMG_0145 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
427544480_438001162096613_4726558780365908600_n (resized).jpg
432351887_946619277018071_8910572839030189925_n (resized).jpg
20231211_183040 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

343 posts in this topic match your search for posts by RyanClaytor. You are on page 1 of 2.
#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Blue Chip / EM
Year: December 1976
Production: 2,150
Cost: $47 starting bid, ends Oct 9th 7:35 PM PST
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Williams Blue Chip Pinball Project Game Em 1976
Condition: OP: "This is a non working project game. Wires in harness going to the head in the back were cut. See picture. The game is complete . Backglass has some flaking in the white area around score reels.. Playfield has small amount of flaking Coin entry plate is cracked. Lock down bar and top glass are included, not shown in pictures. This game has been in dry storage in my garage for over 20 years. Needs a little cleaning and TLC. High bidder will need to pick this game up. I can deliver to Pinball Expo for $50."

Sold for $203.50.

#68 8 years ago

Man... I've never played this but always been curious about this title. Looks like a project I'd love to sink my teeth into. I'll toss out the obligatory, "Wish this was closer." (Not a customary phrase uttered from a Michigander looking at pins in California.)

Thanks for your continued posts, Pecos!

1 week later
#100 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

If I didn't suck so much at fixing EM's...I would pounce at that one.

Quoted from Pecos:

shacklersrevenge, all I can say about that is your EM fixing skills will get better...

It's true:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-swinger-restoration-and-eventual-retheme

Also...

...Pecos, what's going on? I leave for one weekend and you change your avatar. Almost didn't recognize you. What happened to your little critter?

Sincerely,
Ryan

#121 8 years ago

Man, that looks fun! So cool, but so far. *sad news bears*

Someone here needs to snatch this up and make me jealous with a restore thread, please.

#122 8 years ago

I'm not sure how project-y these next few pins are, but from the story told in each, I'm guessing they'll need a bit of TLC. Also, they're pretty decent prices on some RARE pins!

Hyde Park: (951 units) Has an Italian export version and features some sweet Roy Parker artwork.
Lariat: (150 units [!??!]) Looks like this is the rarer add-a-ball version of Wild Wild West. An Art Stenholm beauty.
Rock N Roll (no quantity listed for this title, but the replay version [Jive Time] is only 465+ units according to IPDB)

...and who knows, maybe a package deal could be struck. Good luck, New Yorkers! Here are the ads as they came through this morning on Mr. Pinball Classifieds:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hyde Park, 1966 Gottlieb: $450
The pinball came from a homeowner whose husband had died 14 years ago. She told us that he bought it in the early 70s along with 3 other pinballs which we are selling. The game looks in very good condition no wear on the playfield. The backglass is in very nice shape and only has a little flaking in some reds in the lower left corner (pictures shows it well) there cabinet is in good shape but the paint is starting to get flaky. We had to go thru and check everything over mainly from setting but that's about it. The game has a coin mech and a set of schematics locks and keys as well. I checked out all the scoring and they all are working and scoring correctly. We have plenty of pictures and can ship any place in the lower 48 states, just email me a zip code for shipping prices/options.
Steve Arpino
[email protected], Weedsport, New York 13166
Lariat, 1969 Gottlieb: $450
The pinball came from a homeowner whose husband had died 14 years ago. She told us that he bought it in the early 70s along with 3 other pinballs which we are are selling. The game looks in good condition it has some wear on the lower playfield in front of the kickers but thats it. The backglass displays well but has some paint loss that someone put colored tape over (pictures shows it well) there cabinet was painted over with a crisscross pattern again pictures show that as well, im not sure if it could be stripped to show the original paint. We had to go thru and check everything over mainly from setting but thats about it. The game has a coin mech and keys and locks as well as a set of schematics. I checked out all the scoring and they all are working and scoring correctly. We have plenty of pictures and can ship anyplace in the lower 48 states, just email me a zip code for shipping prices/options.
Steve Arpino
Rock N Roll, 1970 Williams: $400
The pinball came from a homeowner whose husband had died 14 years ago. She told us that he bought it in the early 70s along with 3 other pinballs which we are are selling. The game looks in very good condition a little wear on the upper kickout hole but thats it. The backglass is in excellent shape and has no flaking or paint loss (pictures shows it well) there cabinet is in excellent shape as well with some paint wear around the flipper buttons. We had to go thru and check everything over mainly from setting but thats about it. The game has a coin mech and a set of schematics and some original paper work. I checked out all the scoring and they all are working and scoring correctly. We have plenty of pictures and can ship anyplace in the lower 48 states, just email me a zip code for shipping prices/options.
Steve Arpino

#123 8 years ago

Another one:

Fireball, 1972 Bally: 550.00
Complete, project pinball, backglass is in great shape but playfield and cabinet need help, game was stored for many years so it will need a good going through, however it is complete and has not been worked on, missed with or parted, it is a good candidate for repair, no moisture damage or dry rot, solid cabinet with small paint chipping.
Jeff
[email protected], St Charles, Missouri 63303

Good luck, Missouri!

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from pantherpinball:

Project Space Invaders Game

Have you contacted Mk1Mod0?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cowboys-vs-aliens-a-side-by-side-rehab-project

Not sure if he needs any parts, I think he might be coming to the end of his SI restore. ...maybe worth a try, though.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

**Ended - No Bids**
Game/Type: Rancho / EM
Year: August 1977
Production: 1,229
Cost: Starting Bid: $385 Buy It Now: $700 Ends: October 29th 9:32 AM PST

Just relisted with new and interesting information:

Cost: Starting Bid: $310 Buy It Now: $485 Ends: Nov 8
ebay.com link: itm

Looks like it'll clean up nicely. Anyone making a drive from GA to MI? Ha-ha!

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

nufacturer: Atari
Game/Type: Airborne Avenger / SS
Year: September 1977
Production: 350 (!)

Nice find, Pecos. I thought there was an Airborne Avenger resto on here, but turns out it's an Atari Space Riders:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1978-atari-space-riders-restoration#post-2254321

With a manufacture date only a year later (to the month), might be a helpful read for anyone interested in tackling a Steve Richie wiiiiiiide body restore.

#151 8 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

MIBS nice PF, BG Reds are flaking.
Needs to shopped and cleaned up non working project

Does that mean you have one? Looking for one? Ha-ha! ...so many questions.

#156 8 years ago

Another addition from Mr. P:
Prospector, 1977 Sonic: 350
I've never set it up. It appears to be complete and is in good overall condition. Figure you'll need to do the standard EM stuff to it. Parts are mostly compatible with Williams EM. Backglass looks great, no fades or chipping in the reds like most glasses. Playfield of course looks good as all Sonics do. I'll include the manual (ordered from Marco) and some repro spinner decals. Pick up in Louisville, KY. No shipping.
Corey Stup
[email protected], Louisville, Kentucky

Also...

Quoted from Pecos:

Card Whiz
Cost: $175
Condition: OP: "Very rare and worth big bucks refurbished.

Guaranteed to be worth at least TWICE the current asking price when labored over!

makeItRain.gifmakeItRain.gif

...possible to even recoup parts costs, but unlikely.

Love it.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

That trip overseas and back can't be a good thing for a pinball machine. The added stress can break things

I think that is the common assumption. I guess another thought could be that spending time on the open sea (salt water) could put the pins into a humid/water/salty environment which could potentially incur more rust than usual. However, I've seen a lot of re-import games that are in identical condition to those that have stayed in the states. I'd side with Pecos in terms of full-disclosure, but Boob on the fact that ultimately reimport probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Maybe you can use it to your advantage when buying a game.

Pecos: Thanks for posting more projects!!! That mysterious wood rail is an interesting one.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Exhibit?
Game/Type: ?? / EM Woodrail
Year: 1940s
Production: Unknown
Cost: $180
Link/Contact: lawrence.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Works, needs some repair"

This has been a curiosity for me since posted.

whatTheWhat.jpgwhatTheWhat.jpg

Just found it. Looks like it's a 1947 Exhibit "Cross Fire"

crossfire.jpgcrossfire.jpg

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=603

Good luck, Kansas!

1 week later
#214 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Pirates of the Caribbean / DMD
Cost: $600

Quoted from fosaisu:

May well have been legit

Quoted from fosaisu:

If a Pinsider got it I hope they'll post details here!

Totally! Would love to hear that story.

#222 8 years ago

Another from Mr. P this morning:

Firepower II, 1984 Williams: $100/Must pick up
Works. Good shape. Need to get it out of my dad's house.
Adam
[email protected], Cortland, New York 13045

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

backsplash broken

This poor person's kitchen.

Quoted from davideokills:

he asked if I could make a new backglass for it.

You make backglasses?

PM sent.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Dixieland / EM

This game looks really unique, with TWO drop lanes and a mini bagatelle on the pf. ...and I love that "Basin Street" plastic with all the buildings wrapping around the pathway with the hairpin turn.

dixieland.jpgdixieland.jpg

Cool find!

Also...perhaps another minor point of interest:

The description later in the ad states "$375 / OBO." Sounds like price isn't firm.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Full House / EM

Also one in NJ for $150 in seemingly decent condition:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-understand-why-my-project-pin-wont-sell

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

It's a shame these were abandoned in the 70's...they are so cool.

Seriously!

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Paul Bunyan / EM
Mo/Year: September 1968
Production: 1,900
Cost: $450 OBO
Link/Contact: detroit.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: Lockdown bar missing in pic. "...turns on lights up can't get the flippers to work needs repair..."

Okay, I've been thinking REEEALLY hard on this one. I love that glass, always have, and when this ad came up I got excited about the PF too (6 flippers!??!). Ad doesn't tell you (or show you) much:

01111_6Pm6sgGZ01q_600x450.jpg01111_6Pm6sgGZ01q_600x450.jpg

...so I asked the seller for some additional pictures. It actually look pretty great (these pics are pretty good size, good for the zoomage):

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

...but after a lot of thought, I think I'm a little too far away from his asking price to make a reasonable offer, and truth be told, I should probably get my other two projects in working order before pulling the trigger on another. All this to say, I hope this new info helps someone else nab this beauty.

I also asked the seller if that missing lock-down bar is around and he said it is, just not photographed on that first pic (FWIW).

Good luck, Michiganders! Someone here make me jealous!

Ryan Claytor

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

No flippers on this one.

Clarification: Intentionally, so...not just missing them.

Ha-ha! I always forget that this title is the Laurel and Hardy pin.

- -- ----- -- -

As usual, nice finds, Pecos! Thanks for taking the time to continue this thread.

Sincerely,
-Ryan

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I will pass this one along. ... Mars Trek is an awesome game.

Never played a Mars Trek, but with the other two being Darling (ask me and I'll tell you about how much we love our Jubilee [Darling's 4 player counterpart]) and Nitro Ground Shaker is like a car guy's dream come true. And an EM shuffle bowler to boot? What a package!

Cue the obligatory, "Wish I was closer."

Thanks for sharing, jmountjoy111!

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I have never owned a game that wasn't a project...

Wha--? Didn't you get that clear one NIB?

#318 8 years ago

First this...

Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Paul Bunyan / EM
Mo/Year: September 1968
Production: 1,900
Cost: $450 OBO

...then this...

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Okay, I've been thinking REEEALLY hard on this one. I love that glass, always have, and when this ad came up I got excited about the PF too (6 flippers!??!). Ad doesn't tell you (or show you) much:

01111_6Pm6sgGZ01q_600x450.jpg

...so I asked the seller for some additional pictures. It actually look pretty great (these pics are pretty good size, good for the zoomage):

image_1.jpeg(Click image to enlarge)

image.jpeg(Click image to enlarge)

...but after a lot of thought, I think I'm a little too far away from his asking price to make a reasonable offer, and truth be told, I should probably get my other two projects in working order before pulling the trigger on another. All this to say, I hope this new info helps someone else nab this beauty.
I also asked the seller if that missing lock-down bar is around and he said it is, just not photographed on that first pic (FWIW).
Good luck, Michiganders! Someone here make me jealous!

...now this...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

*sigh*

Backglass is quite nice:

IMG_0059.jpgIMG_0059.jpg

Playfield looks fun:

IMG_0057.jpgIMG_0057.jpg

Plastics are immaculate:

IMG_0061.jpgIMG_0061.jpgIMG_0060.jpgIMG_0060.jpgIMG_0062.jpgIMG_0062.jpgIMG_0063.jpgIMG_0063.jpgIMG_0064.jpgIMG_0064.jpg

Many thanks to Pecos' Prodigious Project Pins Postings. I wouldn't have snagged this without ya.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

It really is a pretty sad example of a Darling.

Yikes.

I've got Darling's 4-player counterpart, a Jubilee (that I really enjoy!!!), so if you need some pics of anything, let me know.

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

if you need some pics of anything, let me know.

Quoted from balzofsteel:

how about a 4' X 6' patch of garage floor with nothing on it.

Well, shoot, if a picture is all you need...

garage.jpggarage.jpg

...pix of anything else, I'm here for ya.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

You have a disease. Get help.

Oh, I've got the fever, and I don't want the anecdote.

Sat-Night-Fever.gifSat-Night-Fever.gif

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

either that isn't yours or you don't have enough pins yet.

Can it be both?

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I have a Williams Palooka semi-project for sale in Neenah, WI:

Quoted from Pecos:

Welcome Eric_S! Nice looking Palooka.

Agreed! GLWS, Eric_S!

- -- ----- -- -

Quoted from Pecos:

it worked for about 15 minutes UNTIL the METAL BALL "got stuck" and it is STILL STUCK behind the flippers -- I can see it but can't get to it

I'm so curious to see this "unreachable" ball. The seller has a Silver Sails BINGO right next to it...which initially made me think, "Okay, for someone who works on bingos this should be a cinch." ...but then I realized there are people who have lots of money and don't work on their own games. Ha-ha! ...which is also fine.

#376 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here is one of mine.
Teacher's Pet

Looks to be in pretty decent shape! GLWS, AlexF!

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

I bit on the Big Hurt.

Congrats!!!

Another project thread success story!

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Paul Bunyan / EM Zipper Flippers

...uh, what? Pretty sure there's nary a zipper on those flippers.

Quoted from Pecos:

Link/Contact: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Nothin' there.

#396 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

I'm glad I don't live in PA. All those cheap EMs would seriously weaken my resolve not to get more games than I can keep in my house!

Preach! ...although PA is dangerously close to MI. Ha-ha! A lot closer than Massachusetts, anyway.

#407 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Summer Time / EM

*want*

Kirk.gifKirk.gif

Must...build...addition...!

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You're welcome to 'store' it in my livingroom

You are located in New York, aren't you...

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Just an hour away, even

#426 8 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Davideokills, what all do you have? Send me a message

3 pin deal and you get a free shirt! Can you get these projects swinging and singing down melody lane?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-swing-along-sing-along-melody-lane

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Attila the Hun

Wow. That's one you don't see everyday.

#455 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Condition: More glass than ink on backglass.

Wow, you're not kidding, Pecos.

dolphin.jpgdolphin.jpg

Perfect for Mk1Mod0's next APP. Half the work is already done!

#456 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Where's MY welcome? I've been lurking in this thread for weeks.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

What about Beelzeboob?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#467 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Game Plan
Game/Type: Sharpshooter / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1979
Production: 4,200
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: milwaukee.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Fully shopped out,new rubber ring set,all switches gapped, rebuilt pop bumpers,etc. Everything works great! Besides 3 target lights(i will work on those). Playfield has wear,backglass has small flaking."
Here is a better(?) backglass for Sharpshooter @$50 - milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Not only are you finding project pins for us, but now you're locating their replacement parts, too(!??!).

Three cheers for Pecos!

#476 8 years ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

A Space Team just appeared on craigslist. This machine seems to be rare so I imagine finding a replacement backglass would be nearly impossible. How about other parts for it?
sfbay.craigslist.org link

Well, I'll be... Looks like the same exact glass is pictured on IPDB:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3258&picno=17054

Ha-ha! Considering IPDB doesn't have a better picture and it's an Italian manufacturer...I'd imagine parts would be difficult to come by. Good luck with the decision-making.

#486 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Paragon / SS

Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Good catch, going to see it tomorrow.

Cool! Just out of curiosity, did you find it on this thread?

Good luck with lifting that behemoth.

#500 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Super Star / SS Home Model

Playfield is already bare wood. WHO'S RE-THEMING THIS ONE???

Not it,
Ryan

#504 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

It has sort of become a mission of mine to spare his beautiful, highly colorful Swinger playfield from an early introduction to Mr. Belt Sander.

...and if no donor playfield appears on my doorstep, I'm making it my end-of-project mission to have Pecos say, "Alright, kid, that was worth losing some concentric neon circles."

In other news, this appeared on Mr. Pinball today:

Card Wiz, 1976 Gottlib: 600.00
Machine needs work. I managed to get some of it working. Have paperwork, keys, etc. The only thing missing is the back of upper part. All the rest is there. Put all new rubbers on it. Nice fixer upper just don't have the time.
Bryan Phone: 860-559-3921
Somers, Connecticut

#528 8 years ago

Just FYI, the same machine appeared on Mr. Pinball Classifieds:

Rack Em Up, Gottlieb: $150.
Fix or parts, needs CPU & power supply.
Chuck Phone: 401-871-5715
[email protected], Johnston, Rhode Island 02919

...so FWIW, my guess is you'd be dealing with an experienced seller.

Also, I've never seen this title before, but boy-howdy, did they ever go wild with the argile plastics (from IPDB, not the seller):

rack.jpgrack.jpg

Also interesting to see a game with Pat Lawlor's customary 5-lane bottom before he hit the scene.

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Pinball Machine. old...

LOL!

#545 8 years ago

From Mr. Pinball:
Mata Hari, 1978 Bally: $700
Needs MPU board and some repair playfield in good condition.
Paul Smith Phone: (609) 560-9011
Marlton, New Jersey 08053

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Mystery machine. The price is right.

My guess is a bingo pinball, as the maufacturer says: "Bally Gayety"

bg-gayety-1_(resized).jpgbg-gayety-1_(resized).jpgpf-gayety-2_(resized).jpgpf-gayety-2_(resized).jpg

Quoted from rocketman:I resuced the Jungle Princess before Christmas.

Cool to hear about ANOTHER benefactor of this thread! Thanks for letting us know.

Quoted from Pecos:

You too can have your very own Swinger pinball machine made world-famous by Ryan Claytor.

oh-stop-it-you-pl-ffffff_(resized).jpgoh-stop-it-you-pl-ffffff_(resized).jpg

If one comes up near me for cheap I might buy it and convince Ryan to sell me the art files when they are done.

Spoiler alert, I just finished the backglass:

0741a2ec006d040fad2fe4b68b999c27_(resized).jpg0741a2ec006d040fad2fe4b68b999c27_(resized).jpg

(...not really.)

#575 8 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Game/Type: "300" /EM 4 Players
Cost: $80!

Oh.

My.

God.

I can't believe the ad is still up 12 hours later. Someone on this thread grab it and make us all jealous!

#576 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I wouldn't have posted it if I had known it was a bingo.

Quoted from PinballFever:

Why not? It's technically a "pin".
Bruce

I agree. I'd still be happy to know about bingo pinballs for sale if anyone should happen across them.

#589 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Bally/Vemco
Game/Type: Bally Reserve/Vemco Special / EM Conversion Flipperless 1 Player

UPDATE: Auction Ended

Thanks for another gang-load of project posts, Pecos!

#591 8 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

I'm always scared of machines that other people have torn apart.

So happy to hear you say this, I thought it was just me as a new-to-restoration hobbyist. I kept thinking, "That's a lot of parts to find their way back into the right holes." I got nervous taking apart my own machine for cleaning and reassembly. Even with stupidly meticulous methods of compartmentalizing and labeling, I still had some left-over parts. But who knows...it probably gets easier with experience.

#601 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Someone put 'digital' stickers on the reels...

Right-click, save. Still LOL-ing.

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Allied Leisure
Game/Type: Getaway / SS 4 Player

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Just got home about 20 mins ago with this...

I was totally geeking-out about this Getaway! Not really because I was going to buy it, but because I'd never seen anything like it. Congrats on a great pick-up. I hope you'll share some restoration pix here, or at least direct us to a restoration thread.

#657 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Playfield has wear - not nearly as good as Ryan Claytor's Swinger playfield.

Rub it in!

Quoted from Pecos:

when you turn it on it makes a buzzing sound

Sounds like a misadjusted relay. Adjust a switch and you too can live the Claytorian dream.

I can attest, this under-appreciated, feature-packed, brutal game is easily worth $250 when it's functioning as it should.

Here's vid of some NUTTY pop bumper action:

#661 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Ya, I bet that was sold in minutes

Ad's still up.

#677 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Red Baron / EM
Condition: "playfield is worn...

That's an understatement.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Quoted from Pecos:

Congratulations Ryan and good job!

Thanks, Pecos. Nice of you to mention this.

#691 8 years ago

Slugger, 1963 Midway: $600
Nice original condition, powers up but score motor keeps running. Will deliver to Detroit for a nominal fee.
Steve Curchin
[email protected], Leamington, Ontario, Canada

#711 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: OXO / EM 4 Player
Cost: $200

That playfield looks pretty decent, actually. Heck, those bumper-caps are probably worth that much. Wish this was closer. Cool find, Pecos.

Quoted from Pecos:

If the poster is correct then this machine will be one of the 1973 Williams listed above.

If anyone calls on this, I'd be curious to hear what it is. Not in a position to pull the trigger, but genuinely curious.

#715 8 years ago

A possible package deal from Mr. P:

3 Gottlieb EMs--Wild Life - Magnotron - Airport, 1974 1972 Gottlieb: 375-125
Both the Wild Life and Magnotron are working machines that will need new rubber and a good cleaning. Both have very nice playfields and backglasses. Both have original cabinets but are heavily scratched. The Airport is in poor condition. All three machines are complete. Wild Life 375, Magnotron 375, Airport 125. All three for 700.
Pete Phone: 908-534-5170
[email protected], Readington, New Jersey

#731 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Stellar Wars
Cost: $150

Quoted from Pecos:

Backglass:
Cost: $109 Buy It Now + $59.28 shipping

I'm always impressed with your dedication to this thread, Pecos. It's a daily stop for me. ...but I'm even more impressed when you complete the projects for us. (Not the first time this has happened.) Nice work!

#733 8 years ago

Game/Type: Big Time / >>>BINGO<<< E.M.
Month/Year: November 02, 1954
Cost: $150 Buy it now

ebay.com link: Bally Big Time Bingo Pinball Machine

Condition: BG has minor flaking. Maybe an 8 or 8.5/10? PF looks immaculate, as I hear many bingos do. Lots of decent pictures to gaze upon for interested buyers.

OP: "PICKUP ONLY There are no keys, all doors open though. Lights up when plugged in. has stuck on solenoid so shut it back off. Looks Pretty original, no added on metal rails or front door. Comes with parts catalog. Will need work as old bingo's usually do. Sorry but...I WILL NOT SHIP OR DEAL WITH SHIPPERS OR WORK WITH SHIPPERS, SO BUYER PICKUP ONLY.Thanks for your cooperation. Please check my other pinball machines for sale and maybe pickup more than one while your making the trip. "

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Buckaroo / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: June 1965
Production: 2,600
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: pensacola.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Needs some work but I would lobe to sell to someone who will fix it up."

A Buckaroo for $400? I'd imagine the seller won't have a difficult time finding someone who would LOBE to buy it.

#735 8 years ago

Game/Type: Spanish Eyes / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 24, 1972
Production: 3,905 units (confirmed)
Cost: $150 Starting bid (2d 10h remain)

ebay.com link: Williams Spanish Eyes pinball machine project complete NR

Condition: BG has minor rippling. 9/10. PF looks like it will clean up really nicely. BUT BEWARE!!! Mold/Mildew/Water damage in cabinet. Some well photographed documentation of it, though. Doesn't appear to be hiding anything.

OP: " Williams Spanish Eyes pinball machine. I started restoring this machine. The mechanics in the head have been cleaned and adjusted, and all bulbs replaced. I opened the cabinet to find some mildew/water damage. I've restored plenty of machines like this, and they take more time to clean than I was willing to invest in this machine. It looks like approximately 4 coils in the cabinet will need replacement as well as a chime coil assembly (chime box is there). The back glass is in decent condition on this machine, and the play field looks like it will clean up nicely, but has some ball wear. This would make a good project for someone that has the time, and this is supposed to be a fun pinball machine to play according to reviews I've read. Starting price reflects the work left on this, although the head of this machine is ready to go. Again, all score reels have been disassembled and cleaned, and stepper boards in the head have been serviced. This is for local pick up only. If shipping, you arrange, but I will assist in preparation.

Update: I added more photos of the internals of the cabinet based on requests I've received. Thanks for your interest."

#737 8 years ago

Perhaps worth it for the cabinet "art" alone.

Game/Type: Criss-Cross / E.M.
Month/Year: Jan 1958
Cost: US $1,495.00

xx_(resized).jpgxx_(resized).jpg

ebay.com link: 1958 GOTTLIEB CRISS CROSS PINBALL MACHINE VINTAGE

#743 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

OP: "pinball machines need work"

So true...so true.

#751 8 years ago

Man, that's a sweet art package on the playfield.

image-3_(resized).jpgimage-3_(resized).jpg

Didn't realize they made flipperless games into the 60's!

#753 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Fascination Int., Incorporated

#756 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Mystery machine.
Link/Contact: lancaster.craigslist.org link

Quoted from CactusJack:

Similar playfield layout to Bally Fun Cruise, Gay Cruise, and Deluxe Fun Cruise, but not the same artwork and missing the mushroom bumpers??

I just badgered my buddy "BingoPodcast" about this oddity. His thought was a Bally 'Beauty Contest' with a replacement BG.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=217&picno=7658&zoom=1

Looks like he's probably right on the PF!

#770 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Manufacturer: Gottieb
Game/Type: Contest / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1958
Production: 1,100
Link/Contact: sacramento.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "1958 Gottlieb 4-Player Contest woodrail pinball machine with wiring schematics.
Turns on but makes a loud buzzing sound. It's old - it needs stuff.
$150.00 FIRM.
Call or text.
Thanks"

Wow. 4 flipper, roto-target, wood rail with Parker art...for $150? For once I wish I was back in Cally just so I could snag this.

#776 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I would have bought it but I just spent all my money on centaur

Sounds like you paid $150 too much.

(P.S. Congrats on the Centaur.)

#778 8 years ago

OP states: "condition: salvage" That could mean a lot of things. Empty cabinet and backbox? Ha-ha! Hard to say no to $50, tho. Jeez.

Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I'd buy it if I wasn't going to pick up a corvette project tomorrow.

smallestViolin_(resized).jpgsmallestViolin_(resized).jpg

#808 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Game/Type: Casanova

What a cool lookin' game. I've never seen one come up before but have admired from IPDB. The photos from the seller aren't the best but the art package is great (uncharacteristically proportionate people from Christian Marche with really daring colors), a bagatelle in the backbox, and a playfield that looks fun too. Say it with me...

"Wish I was closer!"

casanova_(resized).jpgcasanova_(resized).jpg

#819 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Game/Type: Space Jam / SS
Cost: $800
Works 100%

#821 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Game/Type: Casanova

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

What a cool lookin' game.

Quoted from zacaj:

...do you have any idea what the rules are?

I've never played it before, but I just took a gander, too. This image is pretty helpful:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=460&picno=47014&zoom=1

Not only are the playfield instructions very clear, but more importantly, so is the instruction card. Looks like the backbox bagatelle is triggered by a drain. Essentially, a randomized end-of-ball bonus. Kinda neat. There's also extra ball opportunities and replay/special opportunities.

I still want it!

#829 8 years ago
Quoted from pantherpinball:

Game/Type: Captain Fantastic
Cost: $285
Link/Contact: tulsa.craigslist.org link

This is the home version, just...for everyone's info.

(I thought that price might be too good to be true. ...guess it was.)

#847 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Midway
Game/Type: 2x Rotation VIII/ SS Cocktail 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1978
Link/Contact: desmoines.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "This is one of the coolest pinball machines I have ever seen... The playfield rotates around to who ever's turn it is to play. There are 4 plungers around the outside of the table.. I have 2 of them... The insides look pretty clean and I am sure you could get one going out of the 2. It also would be the coolest coffee table ever for the pinball fanatic even if it didn't work. I got these in a storage unit and don't know anything about them. They look complete inside. I also have the glass for the top but took them off for the pictures."

I have NEVER seen one if these in person. The rotating player-to-player movement is really something to behold.

Can't believe a couple appeared in a storage unit buy. ...the things you find for us, Pecos.

Speaking of Pecos and his project finds, he recently started a resto thread on an awfully rare EM find:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-1970-double-up-minimalist-restoration

I thought some of you might be interested in following his progress.

Sincerely,
Ryan

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Midway
Game/Type: 2x Rotation VIII/ SS Cocktail 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1978
Link/Contact: desmoines.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "This is one of the coolest pinball machines I have ever seen... The playfield rotates around to who ever's turn it is to play. There are 4 plungers around the outside of the table.. I have 2 of them... The insides look pretty clean and I am sure you could get one going out of the 2. It also would be the coolest coffee table ever for the pinball fanatic even if it didn't work. I got these in a storage unit and don't know anything about them. They look complete inside. I also have the glass for the top but took them off for the pictures."

Wow! I've never seen one of these in person. Always wanted to, though. If you've never seen the player-to-player rotation, it is really something to behold:

Can't believe someone found TWO of these in a storage unit buy. Nice hunting, Pecos!

#856 8 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

I hate to say it, but the only thing you are doing by posting CL ads on here is driving the prices up. Now instead of 1 or 2 local guys going to look at a game there are 50 people calling and the seller thinks he has a gold mine. You're not doing anybody any favors.
just my opinion, Bob

I thumbs'd-down this post in respectful disagreement. I don't think the sixty-some-odd followers of this thread (scattered about the united states...and really, the world) are all going to descend upon any given listing in here.

On top of that, I'm really thankful this thread exists because it alerted me to a project (Paul Bunyan) in my area that I wouldn't have known about otherwise. For the condition it was in, the seller wanted too much, but after staying in contact with the seller for a few weeks (and trying to help him sell it) he ended up telling me he'd sell it to me for a far more reasonable price. In that context, the price certainly didn't sky-rocket out of proportion.

Finally, the large majority of the time I just like to see what projects are surfacing around the country, which I'm guessing holds true for many of the people following this thread, as this is not a localized listing by any means. ...like that Rotation VIII for example! What a find! Not a project I'd pull the trigger on, but wow, nice to know there are a couple more in the world.

Keep up the intrepid work on this thread Pecos (and the several others, including myself, who don't hold a candle to Pecos' Prolific Project Pinball Postings)!

Grateful,
Ryan

#911 8 years ago
Quoted from e_lectro:

If you have not seen, he is now demanding someone to pay his price or he will destroy the machine.

Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Electro-mechanical (EM)
Year: 1958

Wows...way cool.

Quoted from Colsond3:

I would definitely grab this if it were closer!

Looks like you're in a neighboring state, Colsond3. That's close enough in my book.

I know I know, 14 hours round-trip...but you could make a family road trip out of it!

Finally...

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

OP: Fun Fest pinball. It works, but needs TLC. Relay gets stuck during gameplay, but can be adjusted to work properly. Asking $150.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Actually looks like a pretty fun game

...oh my land, who's gonna steal this? You know this game kills, right? Here's my son getting schooled by our rebuilt pops:

Congrats to whoever picks this up! ...and let me know when you're part of the club.

#934 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

You know this game kills, right?

Quoted from Colsond3:

Jesus......that thing is humming!!! What type of coils did you throw in the pops, industrial grade? LOL.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

No joke... that thing is hyper fast!

Ha-ha! Believe it or not, those are stock coils. Completely rebuilt pops, though (rod/rings assembly, yokes, etc.) but I'm not even sure I replaced the sleeves! Ha-ha! I'm pretty sure I just cleaned them well with some 91% isopropyl alcohol. I'll have to go back to my pics to confirm, but yah...they're pretty darn quick. Short ball times on this game. It's my wife's new fave! (Not joking. I can't believe it either.)

#952 8 years ago

Here's a wood-rail (minus a backglass) on Mr. P today:

Dealer, 1953 Williams: 325.
Williams single player project game. Game is complete except for a backglass. The game has a decent cabinet and playfield. There are nice plastics. Prefer local buyer.
Alex
[email protected], Cheshire, Connecticut

Looks like BGResto.com does not have this title, so I'm guessing you'd be on your own to find or make a replacement glass.

#953 8 years ago

Here's a nice lookin' bingo for cheap. Backglass has a little flaking in the red boxes on the left, but aside from that it looks pretty grand as far as I can tell. Seller is pretty adamant about not shipping. Anyone in the pacific NW lookin' for a bingo?

Game/Type: Big Time/ >>>BINGO<<< EM
Month/Year: November 1954
Cost: $150 But it now
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: Bally Big Time Bingo Pinball Machine

OP Condition/Description: "PICKUP ONLY There are no keys, all doors open though. Lights up when plugged in. has stuck on solenoid so shut it back off. Looks Pretty original, no added on metal rails or front door. Comes with parts catalog. Will need work as old bingo's usually do. Sorry but...I WILL NOT SHIP OR DEAL WITH SHIPPERS OR WORK WITH SHIPPERS, SO BUYER PICKUP ONLY.Thanks for your cooperation. Please check my other pinball machines for sale and maybe pickup more than one while your making the trip."

#954 8 years ago

Okay, wow:

Game/Type: Bumper/ EM Flipperless
Month/Year: December, 1936
Cost: $10 starting bid ...evidently this is part of a LIVE AUCTION EVENT that begins this Saturday.
Link/Contact:ebay.com link: 30s 40s Bally Wooden Bumper Pinball Machine Lot 50A

I'm including some pix here just because I doubt there's a lot of these floating around and there were some interesting photo variants from what was found on IPDB:

s-l500_(resized).jpgs-l500_(resized).jpgs-l500_(1)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(1)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(7)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(7)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(3)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(3)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(2)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(2)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(4)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(4)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(6)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(6)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(5)_(resized).jpgs-l500_(5)_(resized).jpg

#959 8 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Space Invaders was spared!
Worked out a deal with it and got it safely home.

Nice!

Quoted from pacmanretro:

Guy was reasonably nice, and had a couole extra parts he tossed in...I'd like to think he wouldn't have actually trashed it...

Also nice to hear.

#961 8 years ago

BG and PF look pretty great. Despite over 2k manufactured, I can't imagine there are too many of these around. Cabinet repainted white. Lots more pix at the auction, but here's a tease:

sporty_(resized).jpgsporty_(resized).jpg

Game/Type: Sporty / EM Flipperless
Month/Year: April 26, 1940
Production: 2,200
Cost: $195
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: Vtg Chicago coin SPORTY flipperless Woodrail Pinball Machine Game bathing beauty
OP: “game does fire up and advance score,one bumper cap is missing,playfield and backglass are very nice,nice bathing beauty motiff,cabinet looks repainted white,as-is as shown,dont know if score is supposed to reset when coin is put in ,it does not, but some thing on playfield do advnce the score ,I think there is 4 balls and they are rusty”

#968 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

You know this game kills, right? Here's my son getting schooled by our rebuilt pops:

Quoted from NicoVolta:

No joke... that thing is hyper fast! Stock coils unwrapped? Hot coils?

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Ha-ha! Believe it or not, those are stock coils. Completely rebuilt pops, though (rod/rings assembly, yokes, etc.)

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Is your game high-tapped? I've never seen a stock Williams blast the ball around quite like that.

I swear, not high tap:

transformerNotHighTap_(resized).jpgtransformerNotHighTap_(resized).jpg

I guess no one rebuilds their pops anymore. Steve Young, brace yourself for a influx of pop-bumper rebuild kits.

#969 8 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Lookit what y'all missed out on for a measly fifty bucks.

*gasp!*

A-men. ...and for $50? What a steal. Nice find!!!

#970 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Okay, wow:
Game/Type: Bumper/ EM Flipperless
Month/Year: December, 1936
Cost: $10 starting bid ...evidently this is part of a LIVE AUCTION EVENT that begins this Saturday.

Quoted from balzofsteel:

Sold for $350 plus 18% bidder premium.

Thanks for the update, Balz.

#980 8 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

It's never good when the photos show the pins outside.

Also, from Mr. P today...

Honey, 1972 Williams: 300.00
Project machine. Needs some work.
John Mezzacappa
[email protected], Milford, Connecticut 06460

#997 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Outer Space

Oh, man. Never played this but it looks like a cool space theme. That spinner on the right makes the lit satellite orbit the earth on the pf. Each orbit of the earth advances the bonus by 1000 points. NEEEAT!!!

outerspace_(resized).jpgouterspace_(resized).jpg

Also, some sweet Gordon Morison artwork on the BG:

outerspaceBG_(resized).jpgouterspaceBG_(resized).jpg

Quoted from Pecos:

Cost: $255 or Best Reasonable Offer

Unnnngh...why are all the pins I want in this thread in Boston? *LOL*

#998 8 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I sent a message on the Expo early today but haven't had any reply yet.

Good luck with the freebie!

#999 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Like many EMs from this era, it's a dog until restored and then it is a beast.

Amen, brother!

#1000 8 years ago

Happy 1000 posts Pecos!!!

party_(resized).jpgparty_(resized).jpg

Just wanted to send some thanks out to the Grand Poobah himself, for spearheading this thread and playing matchmaker for all of us addicts.

We live for the gems that might need a bit of love...

decomposing_(resized).jpgdecomposing_(resized).jpg

...regardless of condition...

ablaze_(resized).jpgablaze_(resized).jpg

...where they might reside...

raided2_(resized).jpgraided2_(resized).jpg

...or the route we take to get them:

scenicDrive_(resized).jpgscenicDrive_(resized).jpg

So in return we all thank you with a virtual gaggle of pins.

cont_(resized).jpgcont_(resized).jpg

Hm...we could probably do better than that.

cont2_(resized).jpgcont2_(resized).jpg

Not bad. ...but perhaps this would be better befit the Presiding Project Pinball President:

barge_(resized).jpgbarge_(resized).jpg

However, knowing Pecos, he'd likely want something simple. So, here you go, my man:

Firepower_(resized).JPGFirepower_(resized).JPG

Thanks for continuing to update this fabulous thread. I hope the rest of you will join me in a word of thanks.

Keep it up, Pecos!

#1020 8 years ago

Don't think this one's been posted...

Game/Type: Aquarius / EM
Month/Year: Oct.1970
Production: 2,025
Cost: $250 starting bid (no bids yet)
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: 1970 Gottlieb Aquarius Pinball Machine

Description: "Lights up but needs some repairs. Glass is missing on the top of the pinball machine [seller is referring to playfield glass, not backglass...phew! ]"

#1021 8 years ago

Looks like it's kept outside and possibly a bit moldy, but I know ppl love this game...

Game/Type: Jack in the Box / EM
Month/Year: Feb 1973
Production: 8,300
Cost: $300 starting bid, $400 buy it now
Link/Contact:ebay.com link: Vintage Gottlieb pinball machine

Description: "Estate find selling as found as is has nice color but looks like some mice have gotten in over the years selling for parts or repair all electronics seemed to be there but the machine does not work local pickup only in Fair Lawn New Jersey"

#1022 8 years ago

A neat lookin' wood rail with some classy George Molentin artwork on a pretty unmolested backglass (just some minor flaking on the sky blue). Anyhow, here it is:

Game/Type: Spitfire / EM
Month/Year: 1954
Cost: $375 buy it now
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: Vintage 1954s Williams Spitfire Woodrail Pinball Machine Game

Description: "Does not work, missing coin mechanism, some paint issues, would make for a great restoration project. Selling as is for parts or repair."

#1023 8 years ago

A two-fer!

Williams World Cup and Gottlieb Dragon pinball machines Both for $400

ebay.com link: World Cup and Dragon pinball machines Both for 400

Oh, yikes. Upon closer inspection, lots of conflicting information.

- Located in Cheyenne Wy or Loveland, Colorado
- Price is either $400 or $500
- Plus it says NO BOARDS!

NEVERMIND!!! *LOL*

#1046 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

BG and PF look pretty great. Despite over 2k manufactured, I can't imagine there are too many of these around. Cabinet repainted white. Lots more pix at the auction, but here's a tease:

Game/Type: Sporty / EM Flipperless
Month/Year: April 26, 1940
Cost: $195

OP: “game does fire up and advance score,one bumper cap is missing,playfield and backglass are very nice,nice bathing beauty motiff,cabinet looks repainted white,as-is as shown,dont know if score is supposed to reset when coin is put in ,it does not, but some thing on playfield do advnce the score ,I think there is 4 balls and they are rusty”

This one just got relisted:

ebay.com link: Vtg Chicago coin SPORTY flipperless Woodrail Pinball Machine Game bathing beauty

#1048 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I've actually considered grabbing this, but a shame the cabinet is painted over.

Probably the easiest part to restore. It's a beauty otherwise!

#1057 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Mattel
Game/Type: Las Vegas / SS Home Model 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1982
Cost: $25 OBO
Link/Contact: york.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Non-Working
Top Glass is cracked."

(Do not) wish I was closer.

#1073 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I would snatch that up in 10 minutes if I were closer to Florida.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm actually debating...

Quoted from Colsond3:

If I was closer, I definitely would have grabbed that.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Outside or not, I would've bought every single one of them if they were any closer.

Quoted from Colsond3:

That actually is pretty cool.........if I were closer, I'd snatch that right up

Quoted from Colsond3:

Would definitely grab another one if I came across it

Quoted from Colsond3:

Not a bad game...I would probably grab it...

Quoted from Colsond3:

I've actually considered grabbing this...

Quoted from Colsond3:

If I were up for a long (very long) road trip I would be grabbing all 3 of these.

Alright, guys, I think we might need to start focusing our searches in Eastern Pennsylvania. Colsond3 hasn't exactly been subtle about his needs.

Love ya, Colsond3! Glad there are some other passionate folks in this thread.

P.S. Thanks for your kind words about my recent illustration work, too.

#1082 8 years ago

From Mr. P this morning:

O Boy, 1939 Chicago Coin: $225
Project or parts machine.
John Mezzacappa
[email protected], Milford, Connecticut 06460
-------------------------------------

...also, not a project, but a rarity, so of possible interest:

---------------------------------
Verne's World, 1996 Spinball: 6100
Very nice, very rare game. Plays 100% as it should. The game is in great shape. Playfield and plastics look to be in great shape. The cabinet does have some fade, but looks great overall. Boards are very clean. Game is very clean overall. Comes with a manual. Open to possible trades, +/- cash as needed. Pictures available.
Chris
[email protected], Cincinnati, Ohio, Cincinnati

1 week later
#1191 8 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Called the guy, its an aztec and a boomerang, both working he said. Im not that interested right now but i figured id pass it along

Thanks for adding the info here!

Also, it's been a hectic weekend (i.e. can't recall if this was posted) but this surfaced on Mr. P:

Jukebox, 1976 Chicago Coin: 450.00
Overall good shape, needs thorough shop out. Can hold till Allentown, pictures available.
Classic Pinball / Kevin Phone: (973) 345-3944
[email protected], Lillie Falls, New Jersey 07424

Haven't even heard of this title before, so I looked it up on the ole' IPDB (which is where this image is coming from, not the seller):

jukebox_(resized).jpgjukebox_(resized).jpg

Just a brief FYI, it is said that "The spinning playfield disc is actually under the playfield surface and does not affect ball travel. Hitting a Spin target makes the disc rotate to score points." Thought someone might want to know.

Also, again...

Quoted from Colsond3:

I would snatch that up in 10 minutes if I were closer to Florida.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm actually debating...

Quoted from Colsond3:

If I was closer, I definitely would have grabbed that.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Outside or not, I would've bought every single one of them if they were any closer.

Quoted from Colsond3:

That actually is pretty cool.........if I were closer, I'd snatch that right up

Quoted from Colsond3:

Would definitely grab another one if I came across it

Quoted from Colsond3:

Not a bad game...I would probably grab it...

Quoted from Colsond3:

I've actually considered grabbing this...

Quoted from Colsond3:

If I were up for a long (very long) road trip I would be grabbing all 3 of these.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Colsond3 hasn't exactly been subtle about his needs.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Ryan, Just scrolled back and saw this now...I was LMFAO for five minutes straight.

Was really hoping that would be your reaction. ...with the delay in response, I was beginning to wonder. Ha-ha! (I know you're just as obsessed with this thread as I am.)

MOAR also's...

Quoted from Colsond3:

This game was posted on here a page or two ago...saved it from certain death this morning.

Fabulous news. Congrats! Great news, man. Sooo, how many projects deep are you at this point? *LOL* (Honestly curious.)

Final also...

Quoted from Pecos:

...with the power I have conglomerated as Grand Pooh Bah of the Project Pinball Lovers Club, I hereby henceforth and forevermore grant you charter member status! Congratulations Colsond3!

Quoted from Colsond3:

Finally!!! LOL. Thanks Pecos, and thanks for keeping this thread going and updated.

One day you'll have to let me in on the secret of achieveing Pecos-decreed charter member status on the Project Pinball Lovers Thread. Still workin' on it over here.

-Ryan

#1201 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

You are obviously a lover of pinball projects and this is long overdue. As Grand Pooh Bah of the Project Pins thread, I hearby grant you offical status as member of the Project Pinball Lovers Club!

Quoted from Pecos:

Are you kidding? How could I overlook the Project Pins most prolific poster, second only to me, and perhaps the greatest lover of project pins in the state of Michigan?

Would you look at that! I was already knighted!!! Not sure how I daddy-brained that one, but sure enough I did. Thanks for renewing my vows, Pecos, and for all your time and effort devoted to this thread.

Quoted from Colsond3:

...the name of my recent start up...Pinball Malady.

I just looked this up. Not a single reference to "Pinball Malady" online. Now you've got me curious.

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Jubilee

Quoted from Colsond3:

And I have to jump off the Jubilee...

There's your first mistake.

Quoted from Colsond3:

...by many accounts, opinions and polls in the past - deemed to be the worst pinball game of all time.

I read 'em all before purchasing mine. My family loves it. Not even joking here.

Quoted from Colsond3:

The outlanes are horrendous on that game.

colsond_(resized).jpgcolsond_(resized).jpg

#1208 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Nothing online yet...I'll probably throw something up on here in the next week or so. I've been doing keychains, some mods and a few other things, and thought I'd come up with a name and TM it before doing anything more formally.

Neat! I look forward to seeing your work. Be sure to post here when your site is up and running.

Quoted from Colsond3:

jubilant Jubilee

yes-please-go-on_(resized).jpgyes-please-go-on_(resized).jpg

Quoted from Colsond3:

you have to admit the outlanes on that thing are drain monsters!

I now own a machine with outlane chasms (Williams "Swinger") that make Jubilee's outlanes look like a mere crack in the road.

Time to start working on those nudgin' skills, Col!

Quoted from Colsond3:

Not much to shoot for...

...except that addictive Newton's cradle which can affect the gameplay of your two-player counterpart. SO FUN!!! You're also forgetting about the inability to cradle, which keeps the game moving! The kick-out lanes at the base of the flippers are also a really cool feature, especially when aimed appropriately (at the opposite side of the newton's cradle). Man...now I want to go play Jubilee!

#1209 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Big ol' drains with pop bumpers to blast the ball down the sides.

Was laughing out loud at this machine description.

I love this thread.

#1213 8 years ago

Here's one for the Nevada folks. Another Chicago Coin popped up on Mr. P today:
Hollywood, 1976 Chicago Coin: 250
EM game, backglass has glass cracks, but really nice playfield condition, complete, 250 pix avail.
Scott
[email protected], Reno, Nevada

#1215 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

As for your jubilant Jubilee, you have to admit the outlanes on that thing are drain monsters! And targets-a-plenty via two pops and the ball loop in the center of the PF? Not much to shoot for other than to roll over artwork.

Quoted from balzofsteel:

One of the all time great parts games though.

You guys all make me sad.

#1237 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Stop 'N' Go / EM 2 Player

Interesting layout with those inverted 2" flippers and a kick-out in between. Looks like a swinging target in the middle, too. ...and I really like that art package! Here's a close-up from IPDB...without all that pesky dust in the way:

stopngo_(resized).jpgstopngo_(resized).jpg

The more I look at it, the more I want it. I'm starting to feel like Colsond3.

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Casanova / EM 2 Player

Isn't this the second Casanova that's appeared on this thread? (Too lazy to check.) This has always looked like a cool game to me. Poor playfield, though.

cass_(resized).jpgcass_(resized).jpg

Quoted from Colsond3:

Maybe I need to relocate to the Michigan area. Seems to be a ton of pins out there.

I dunno, Col. Did you check out those beauties above? Looks like Missouri is the new hotbed for pinball.

Quoted from Pecos:

Did you buy another Jubie Ryan?

Negative, Grand Pubah. ...as much as I would have liked to go all twinsies in the Claytor Arcade, space is at a premium.

Quoted from Pecos:

Nice game from the 60s. Interesting artwork. Goofy looking guy on backglass and a mermaid on the phone on one of the plastics.

You've certainly mentioned some of the highlights, but neglected to tell us about the lovely woodgrain pattern on the cabinet:

bigStrike_(resized).jpgbigStrike_(resized).jpg

#1244 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Ryan, How about you agree to store a few games for me that I acquire from the Michigan area? You have space if you leave them upright with the heads strapped, right? Once I get to 10 games, I'll rent a U-Haul and make the trip out. Then we can discuss our illness and perhaps get admitted to the nearest pinball rehab together?

When we finally do meet, I want my wife to not hate you. *LOL* ...although that rehab idea might be pretty sound for the both of us. Reasonably sure she'd get behind that.

#1257 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: "8 Ball" / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Cost: $50

That looks like something to throw fifty bucks at. Who's resurrecting this one?

Quoted from zacaj:

Darn, Pecos, how are my NY searches missing all these? I haven't seen a good project come up in weeks!

Watch your language. That's the Grand Pubah you're speaking to.

#1273 8 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

aww come on... How about those reviews that give the art 8s and 9s... gotta love them dancing girls... right, Ryan?

Darn tootin'!

#1284 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Gotta jump for a $50 Sky Jump in Nashville... nashville.craigslist.org link

Unbelievable. Nice find.

...you know, Nico. We're about equidistant to this gem. Wanna race?

#1302 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I would definitely grab that if it were closer. Right Ryan? LOL

This made my night. Reading through your post, I thought this quote, then I read it.

#1318 8 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Anyone think that's worth the $700 and a 4 hr round trip?

*raises hand*

2 hrs one way doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Sure there's some wear on the pf, but most of the paint is still there. Plus, $1500 seems to be the going rate for a BK these days.

DO IT!!!

#1341 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

mystery six card bingo, Reading PA: reading.craigslist.org link
$175
Condition: "Back glass playfeild cabinef look good no flippers. buyer must try and get working i cant figure it out"

FYI, I reposted this on the "Some nice looking bingo pinballs came up on CL/Ebay" thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl/page/3#post-3022332

#1353 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Sonic
Game/Type: Faces

I'd buy that! ...if it was closer! (That was for colsond3. )

This game is actually really close to my dad. Not that he's gonna jump on it or anything, but it got me thinking...are parts generally available for overseas manufacturers, like Sonic/Segasa? For example, do they use standard coils and mechs that could be ordered from PBR? Or would it be nearly impossible to refurb something from a foriegn manufacturer like this due to parts being unavailable? I don't have a ton of EM restoration experience (only knowledge thus far is on a Williams EM, but it was a complete tear-down), so I'd be curious if one of our fellow projecteers on this thread could educate me.

Thanks all!

#1356 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

They use Williams components. You'd be right at home working on one.

Good to know. Thanks, AlexF.

Quoted from balzofsteel:

Sonic/Segasa is a Williams clone and pretty much anything inside can be replaced by Williams bits. Gotta love those armor plated playfields too. Zaccaria EM innards look like Williams stuff as well. These aren't terribly difficult to keep working.
I have a Recel Top Speed - some of the pieces look like Gottlieb machinery and others look like they went their own way. Some creativity may be needed by whomever gets to rebuild the flippers on that one.
PBR has some off-brand coils listed and weird foreign stuff shows up on flebay every once in a while.
Parts can be modified - grind 1/8" off a Bally plunger to make it fit someplace they never intended. Parts can be substituted - everybody's pop bumpers get rebuilt with Gottlieb bits nowadays.
Some games are indeed more difficult to refurb due to unobtanium parts. Here's a nice example - some drop target links for DynO'Mite that I whittled out of a hunk of plastic.
IMG_0400_(resized).jpg
oops... Allied Leisure wasn't an overseas manufacturer.
Cheers.

Wow. Killer example. Love the ingenuity! Great work, balzofsteel, and thanks for the thorough response!

#1359 8 years ago

From Mr. P this morning:

Quick Draw, 1975 Gottlieb: $425
This machine is a project. The cabinet is very nice . The playfield is dirty but will clean up. The backgass and plastics need to be replaced. The game works. I am open to trades for EM arcade games.
Adam
[email protected], Brick, New Jersey 08723

#1360 8 years ago

The cabinets on Sonic/Segasa games are made of particle board and deteriorate fast in moisture. Just a little something to look for if you are buying one.

More good info to have. Thanks, davideokills.

#1398 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'd buy that! ...if it was closer!

Quoted from Colsond3:

Sounds like a new T-shirt slogan.

Quoted from polyacanthus:

I'd buy that if it was the right size!

Ha-ha!

Quoted from Colsond3:

And this is really catching on LOL.

I love this thread.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Ryan is the graphic artist...let's come up with some T-shirts. hahaha

If I wasn't so gosh-darned busy making shirts for legitimate companies, I just might.

Just out of curiosity, who might actually buy a shirt a silly shirt like that if I made one. (I'd kinda like to wear one, myself!) If there's more than a dozen or so "in's", who knows, maybe I'd try to figure something out during the next pointless meeting I'm obligated to attend.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Just threw my Magic City up on CL for $300

Neat! I'd buy tha...aw, nevermind.

GLWS, Colsond3! Sounds like you won't need it.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

I've...made a change to the cabinet colors...

Just looked up the original. I was wondering about your cabinet graphics until I realized that you kept the original graphics, just changed the colors. Nice nod to the original. I like the "cool" new color scheme. Thanks for sharing. Do you have a place where you've listed the rest of your cabinet repaints? I'd love to see 'em.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Paradise is one of the biggest offenders IMHO. The default cabinet scheme looks like an outer space bingo card or something.

Ha-ha! I dunno if I'd get outerspace bingo card from this...

paradise_(resized).jpgparadise_(resized).jpg

...but theme-specific, it is not. I'll grant you that. When can we expect the tiki cabinet re-theme?

I've thought very similar things about my Gottlieb "Paul Bunyan" cab:

paulBunyanCab_(resized).jpgpaulBunyanCab_(resized).jpg

Mine's actually been painted over (solid beige), but if I ever repaint it...it won't be stock. Ha-ha! That original cab "art" pales in comparison to the killer Art Stenholm genius happening on the glass, plastics, and pf.

BTW...

...gorgeous game, but hard to tell from the IPDB pics...are those 4 gobble-holes in the middle of the PF?

paradisePF_(resized).jpgparadisePF_(resized).jpg

Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm not a purist...LOL.

My brother. Ha-ha!

Quoted from Pecos:

"Sires name is HTFM MR PINBALL A303."

Oh. Em. Jee. This is choice. Looks like they're not full of bull-oney, either. PROOF:

proof_(resized).jpgproof_(resized).jpg

Let's see...for $2500-3k. Would I rather have a B-list DMD or a second-hand moo-cow.

Also of note:

hmmm_(resized).pnghmmm_(resized).png

Quoted from Pecos:Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Medusa / SS 4 Player
Cost: Current Bid: $380

...aaand that's jumped up a little...

Medusa_(resized).jpgMedusa_(resized).jpg

...still with 4.5 days to go! I guessing this just moved out of most of our project-status budgets.

Bets on where this one ends? I'll say $1500.

#1399 8 years ago

He's about an hour and a half from me. It's a bit of a drive for "I hope it's as good as it looks"! Also mentioned there was a lot of interest. I guess I'll pass.

I think what you mean is...

Quoted from Colsond3:

C'mon. Who's in for a shirt?

#1414 8 years ago

Hey Pecos,

Here's one for you in Scottsdale, AZ:

Game/Type: Royal Guard / EM 1-Player
Month/Year: January, 1968
Production: 2900
Cost: $99 (Current Bid)
Link/Contact:ebay.com link: Gottlieb Royal Guard Pinball Machine

Good luck expanding the palatial parlour.

#1445 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nope, it certainly wont... you should only have 2 expectations when it comes to CL sellers...
1. Always assume that the seller is a clueless drooling dipshit, because 80% of them are.
2. Expect that the value of what they're selling is actually 50% or less of the dilutional price they're asking,

Not trying to be a thread police or anything, but hoping to keep this fabulous thread from devolving into something negative. (Other places on Pinside to find that. )

I'm certain there are "challenging" craigslist interactions to speak of. We've all had them, myself included. However, as an alternate examples, I've had some incredibly rewarding experiences, too. Like this one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-art-grail-pick-up-or-a-family-pinball-vay-cay-64-bally-hay-ride

...for example. Not to mention, another craigslist ad I found right here on the Project Pinball thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=ryanclaytor#post-2805873

...in which, because I tried he help the seller sell his machine, he actually decided to lower his price for me, and I ended up buying it.

Anyhow, I loves me some Project Pinball thread. Just didn't want to see this go down the point of no return.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming:

----------------------
----------------------

Manufacturer: Exhibit
Game/Type: Jamboree / EM
Year: 1948
Production: ???
Cost: $299 starting bid
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: Exhibit Jamboree Early American Wood Rail Pinball Machine Arcade Game Rare 1948

Looks like it's in pretty great shape...especially for being outside.

#1483 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

**Sold to Pindufus**

Quoted from Pindufus:

Drove an hour to meet him at a time of his choosing. Wasn't there and he wasn't returning phone calls.

So sorry to hear about this.

#1498 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Zig Zag

UPDATE: "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Genco
Game/Type: Show Boat

3-inch flippers installed? Tsk...for shame.

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Mystic Marvel

Psst...I see a "Swinger" hiding in the background!

#1522 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

found a fantastic price on a couple of pinball machines last November and I offered to send him $100 up front, but not after research on the seller to check for obvious scams and a lot of talk on the phone. I wouldn't recommend this for most purchases, but this seemed to be a special case and I took the risk - it was for the only pinball on my wish-list.

I did this same thing for my Hay-Ride. Paid him in full, actually (but it was only $150, so...y'know...didn't want to paypal him $100 and then mess around with a measly $50). It's a good thing I did, too. When I got to the seller's house (after chatting for a while and getting the pin in our ride) I asked if he'd had much interest in his ad. He said, "Yah, there's been about 30 other people who called after you."

I'm sure he wouldn't have held it for some out-of-state wacko (me) if I hadn't paid up front. To his credit, he was incredibly honest and held the game for me.

Quoted from zacaj:

I've tried a few times to offer part or full down payments to lock something in, sadly people tend to hate things like Paypal...

Wow, interesting. That's not been my experience.

Quoted from Colsond3:

...or those of us always on the lookout (cough...Ryan...LOL).

#1529 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Here's my Hi Straight on ebay

Neat! Looks like a really unique game. GLWS, hoov!

#1551 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Art by Christian Marche.

#1603 8 years ago
Quoted from MCE_LLC:

I picked this up today. I'll post some pics on what did you bring home.

WOW-WOW-WOW!!! For those who haven't checked out MCE_LLC's pix, do yourself a favor and click over to his post on the 'pick-up' thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/43#post-3074232

That looks like it's in INCREDIBLE shape. For $400??? You should be very proud. Gorgeous find.

Thanks be to Pecos,
Ryan

#1605 8 years ago

From Mr. P this morning:

Pinball Pool, 1979 Gottlieb: ALL reasonable offers?!
Machine needs a couple of parts, (flipper rubbers, one score paddle). Worked well until nephew came to visit. Do not know what repairs are needed.
William Lenoch
[email protected], Spokane, Washington 99217

#1620 8 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I picked up a Hi-Deal today

I've always admired the art package on this game. Nice get! Congratulations on the new pin...and navigating those stairs.

#1627 8 years ago

Game/Type: Cyclone / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1947
Specialty: Flipperless
Cost: $225
Link/Contact: wichita.craigslist.org link
OP: Picked this up as a project that I never got around to. Now I need it out of the garage. It does not run currently though the back glass does light up. The cabinet is pretty distressed and the side that is not shown has some white spray paint on it. $225 or reasonable offer.

Link wasn't working for me.

#1629 8 years ago

Took me to a page of multiple pinball listings, but the Cyclone was the first. So...GOOD ENOUGH! (I think it's that pinside c-list glitch that's been chat about for a while now.)

#1632 8 years ago

Glad you were able to locate it.

Me too! And not a big deal about the multiple-listings page. Thanks for adjusting the link! Fun to see the rest of the listings, too.

#1639 8 years ago

Another from Mr. P...

Flip Flop, 1976 Bally: $400
Good condition needs new bumpers, have owned for 25 years.
Paul
[email protected], Bend, Oregon 97703

#1640 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Here's one Pecos:
Williams Cue-T for $100 in the QuadCities IL/IA

That looks like a hoot! Just a little cabinet wallpaper to remove. *LOL* Hard to go wrong for $100. I'm gonna keep the colsond3 refrain alive in his absence:

"Wish I were closer!"

#1642 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Williams Cue-T for $100

Of course, the listing has already been pulled. Congrats to the lucky pinhead who got it. Anyone here?

#1687 8 years ago

King of Diamonds, 1967 Gottlieb: $425
Here is a chance to pick up a classic game for a reasonable price. It's a project, but if you're handy this could be it. I picked it up a few years ago but have too many other projects going on. No backglass but it is avail online. Cabinet has been stripped so you will need to repaint. Has a nice clear coated playfield. Game is completely disassembled.
Steve Phone: 253 709 7521
[email protected], Cheney, Washington 99004

#1689 8 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Thanks for posting this Ryan, I would have never seen it otherwise.
Bought this over the weekend ($425) and brought it home today across the state. Was only a few miles from my grandkids house where I was visiting. Cabinet is in great shape, backglass has a couple weird scratches but overall not horrible. Needs all new rubber and most of the plastics, many cupped inserts although not as bad as my Vulcan, and then there is the non-working state. It powers on and seems to boot OK, press the button to start a game, it kicks the ball out and appears to rapidly go through the balls to Game Over. Something is stuck or shorted somewhere. All original boards, and there is some corrosion on the board from notorious leaky battery that could definitely be causing issues, but doesn't look too bad should be fixable. At some point in time someone cut two of the connectors and soldered the wires directly to the MPU board, looks like a decent job, but definitely complicates removing the backbox. Anyway, parts to be ordered, corrosion to clean, switches to clean and gap... so basically a project
Pictures are from seller before I checked it out.

Pinball1_(resized).jpgPinball3_(resized).jpgPinball2_(resized).jpg

Great story, feedback, and pix! Thanks a bunch for letting us know about this. Very happy to help! Enjoy the game and please post when you have it functional!

#1705 8 years ago

Doodle Bug, 1971 Williams: $400
Complete, 85% functional, most needed parts are also included; whole or parts because I can use cabinet and backbox for a project; playfield wood and in good shape, backglass has flaked some. Turns on, plays, but slingshot triggers/stays on (easy fix), 1 score reel bad (have several spares), outgate activates, but doesn't close, and popup between flippers activates but doesn't deactivate. If you need a better playfield, this might be for you. It plays clean and fast. Need this gone yesterday. No sense shipping.
Ross
[email protected], Export, Pennsylvania, near Jeannette, east of Pittsburgh

#1712 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Zig Zag / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: December 1964
Production: 1,674
Cost: $250
Link/Contact: " target="_blank">detroit.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "...it is a reverse wedge head. the game has back box animation . the game has been in storage for 8 + years the back glass is in near perfect condition. the playfield is good. the cabinet is faded and losing paint, this game has the hard to find metal flippers.
it is a PROJECT and will require a full going thru in order to get it in working order.
look at the pictures and see what you think about her. The legs and the coin door are rusted
My price is $250.00 the metal flippers and the back glass and the lock down bar are worth that alone"

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this one might need a new coin door. Yeesh!

#1729 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Something has been done to cabinet and coin door. I'm not sure what, exactly.

Yikes! My initial guess would have been sponge-paint! Whatever it is...yeesh!

Quoted from zacaj:

Game/Type: Vulcan / EM 4P

Gone.

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Whirlwind

FYI, CPR is taking names for another run of playfields.

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Vector / SS 4 Player

Wow, nice find. I can't imagine this will last long. (Surprised the ad is still up, honestly.)

1 week later
#1798 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Come on Ryan....you know you missed me.

I swear I was just wondering if you'd fallen off the face of the planet. This place isn't the same without ya.

#1799 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Whew... dunno what the Williams art team was smoking back in 1979 but they sure made a lot of awful-looking games that year (and many to follow).

At first I just saw the title, and got really excited...

sc_(resized).jpgsc_(resized).jpg

...as it's also the title of a great comic book mini-series by one of my favorite artists.

Then I saw the backglass artwork.

#1823 7 years ago

Yeesh.

Quoted from Pecos:

I'm guessing that's TX, not MI.

#1831 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Darling / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1973
Production: 3,677
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: milwaukee.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "It seems to be all there and in pretty good shape. It came with a house I purchased. I haven't plugged it in yet, and most likely will let the buyer do that."

"Post deleted by author" Looks like this one's gone.

#1832 7 years ago

From Mr. P:
Honey, 1972 Williams: 500
Machine is currently not working.
Bob Beard
[email protected], Johnsburg, Illinois 60051

2 weeks later
#1921 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Devil's Dare / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1982
Production: 3,832
Cost: $500 Make me a reasonable offer.
Link/Contact: philadelphia.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Not working. Lights up but will not reset. Make me a reasonable offer. The body of the machine and all glass in good condition"

Post Deleted

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Lucky Strike / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: August 1965
Production: 1,800
Link/Contact: boston.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "It's been in storage for 18 years. It still fires up but the flippers and some of the bumpers do not work. It is complete and could be restored pretty easily. The back glass is fair to good with some peeling."

Post expired

Quoted from NicoVolta:

...and could do a middle-pop showcase at TPF 2017.

Don't do it! Then the middle-pop game prices will skyrocket and the rest of us will have no hope of joining the club!

1 week later
#1979 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Out of Sight / EM 2 Player
Cost: $469

That's an oddly specific price.

#1999 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Grand Prix / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1976
Production: 10,554
Cost: $100 or $300
Link/Contact: youngstown.craigslist.org link
Condition: Backglass and lockdown bar missing in pic. OP: "Two pinball machines one works the other can be used for parts."

OP updated the listing to say: ""Megatron" is the name on the working pinball machine. $500 (sorry I quoted the wrong price)"

#2004 7 years ago

Hey! Happy 2000 posts, Project Pecos!

Here's to a couple thousand more.

#2021 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

First one posted here.
Game/Type: Centigrade 37

Let the race to Iowa begin.

1 week later
#2092 7 years ago

Its a fun title, A, especially when playing against a friend! Don't listen to the haters.

#2094 7 years ago

Playing it against a friend is where that game shines...I'm usually pretty good at missing the correct ball and load them on the wrong side

Just my type of opponent.

#2102 7 years ago

It's back up on Ebay again....as I type the current bid is $3.25 with 6 days to go.
ebay.com link » Firepower Pinball Machine Williams 1980 Feel The Power

Wow. $830 didn't meet the reserve for that thing?

#2113 7 years ago

~~~~~~~MIDDLE POP BUMPER ALERT~~~~~~~
Game/Type: Fan-Tas-Tic / Electro-mechanical (EM) 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1972
Production: 5,680
Cost: $250.00
Contact/Link:littlerock.craigslist.org link
OP: Needs work but complete.
Maintenance and wiring booklets included

Is there ANYONE driving from Arkansas northward? I would LOOOVE to jump on this one. Just too far for a daddy with a 3-year-old.

#2120 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I tried to grab it but missed out.

You probably could have grabbed it...say it with me...if it was closer.

(Almost didn't recognize you with that new avatar. ...welcome back.)

1 week later
#2185 7 years ago

Congrats, dothedoo!

#2191 7 years ago

From Mr. P today. Doesn't sound like much of a project, but it's got a project price!

Doodle Bug, 1971 Williams: 300
This is electro-mechanical. Good playing, family orientated game. Good starter table or for a collector. Game plays wells, chimes sound good. Plays very well and in very good shape for its age.
Zaki
[email protected], Aurora, Ohio 44202

#2192 7 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

"pinball slot machine?"

Maybe the gambling association?

#2208 7 years ago

Stripped down version of Darling?

Heya Captive_Ball. You said the magic word (Darling/Jubilee), which means that I will impetuously insert myself into the conversation, like a needy genie.

Spacelab stripped down? Mmmm...I'm not sure I'd go that far. It's different (A LITTLE! ). ...but stripped down? From what I can tell, the only difference in the main playfield elements is that on Darling/Jubilee there's a sideways gate (located just above the captive ball loop between the two pops), which was removed on Sky/Spacelab. *shrugs* The other difference is that you have a traditional "Italian bottom" complete with inlanes (which seems to be a rarity on Williams titles from this era) on Sky/Spacelab, whereas on Darling/Jubilee you have those kick-out holes at the base of the flippers which do not allow for cradling. So, those are a couple of things removed/changed, but I dare say that the art package on Sky/Spacelab is pretty darn cool. I love the fact that they made a three-dimensional rocket out of the captive ball loop. Also, those pop bumper caps (which are in-tact[!??!] on this seller's listing) are probably worth as much as the machine. Ha-ha!

Anyhow, I've met my Darling/Jubilee diatribe quota for the day. Hope this finds you well, CB!

Happy Projecting,
Ryan

#2209 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I just picked up a Honey

Congrats, Pecos! That palatial pinball parlor must really be filling out. Get ready for some high-flying action on the Williams DC pops once they're rebuilt. ...and cool to find a Willy from that era with drops!

#2212 7 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. Knowledge is power

theMoreYouKnow.giftheMoreYouKnow.gif

#2219 7 years ago

~~~~~~Mr. Pinball Classifieds~~~~~~
Game/Type: Paragon / SS
Month/Year: June 1979
Production: 9,120
Cost: $300
Link/Contact: https://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/data/machines_for_sale_recent.html
OP: This game for sale by Del Music Co. Is a survivor from the Sandy NJ storm. It is possible to be brought back to life by a skilled pinball tech or may have to become a parts game. The backglass artwork is peeling off almost completely off in one piece and I don't think if it can be saved. The cabinet is in decent condition. The playfield looks good. All boards are in backbox. Prefer buyer in driving distance for pick up. Call Jim for details and pictures any night after 8pm

Just got on here to post this. Thanks for beating me to the punch, Captive_Ball, and doing a far better job than me slotting all that information into Pecos' handy category template. Sounds like an interesting candidate for a restore.

#2224 7 years ago

Colson got the Mystic, which I look forward to seeing his progress to get it back up to a playable machine.

Is he starting a restore thread? Please say yes.

Quoted from Bugsy:

Three games, $200 each.

...and the ad was legit?

#2228 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Phoenix occasionally has some good project pin

Actually, I think they're all in Tucson now.

#2236 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

folding pinball

That would be handy, wouldn't it.

#2241 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Nico, you live in Texas. Everything is too far away! There is a Fan-Tas-Tic in Maumell (Little Rock), Arkansas. Captive_Ball posted it and it's only $250 and a five hour drive/325 miles away.

I'll keep looking for you!

I wrote the seller in AK, never heard back. :/ ...I'd also love a Fan-Tas-tic.

#2290 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

Another dark Fun Land, with a decent price.frederick.craigslist.org link

"Deleted by Author"

Quoted from balzofsteel:

Cheap wedgehead alert!
salem.craigslist.org link
Gottlieb 1962 Tropic Isle asking $300
portland.craigslist.org link
Gottlieb 1961 Show Boat asking $275

Can't imagine those will last long. Nice find!

#2328 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

You have to see it as it could be not as it is!

If that thing were any closer, I'd see it as a re-theme. DARN-IT! Anyone takin' a trip northward toward Michigan? (...or close to it?)

#2330 7 years ago

Gotta finish the first one first. Then move on to more.

#2338 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Grand Prix / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1976
Production: 10,150
Cost: $200 (!)
Link/Contact: sandiego.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "MUST SELL MOVING: VINTAGE GRAND PRIX PINBALL MACHINE Circa 1976 designed by Steve Kordek. Hard to find. Needs some TLC but will be a rare and very special machine when you clean it up. Been sitting in a barn for years. Parts are easy to find and prices run for machines in good condition from $800-$495 online. OBO. A real bargain and our loss is your gain."

Not surprisingly, this is gone. Anyone here get it?

#2352 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

ANOTHER, again, (!!!) Airborne Avengers. Must be the same project pin being passed back and forth.
Manufacturer: Atari
Game/Type: Airborne Avenger / SS Widebody 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1977
Production: 350 (!?)
Link/Contact: westernmass.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "...does not work completely. Game lights up, but does not boot completely. Nice cosmetics, I know nothing about fixing Atari Pinballs."

Project Poobah Pecos,

Do these keep appearing in the same general vicinity, or are they all over the country? Just curious.

- Renovating Ryan

1 week later
#2409 7 years ago

Game/Type: Broadway / Electro-mechanical (EM) BINGO
Month/Year: November 1955
Production: N/A
Cost: Starting Bid: $300.00 Buy It Now :$450.00
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Bingo Pinball Machine
OP: 1955 Bally Broadway Bingo Pinball Machine with wood rails and legs.
>all parts are there, cabinet is in excellent condition for it's age
>machine runs and lights up but does not play
>backglass has minor flaking, some repair has been performed to prevent further flaking
>machine has a new fuse block, balls, bulbs and extra switches are included
>game features the magic corners
>game is being sold as is and is offered as a restoration project
>buyer must pickup the machine located in Western North Carolina, seller is not able to help with loading the game-two people would be needed to move it(no steps involved)

Game/Type: Future Spa / SS Widebody 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1979
Production: 6,400
Cost: $175
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36497
OP: head not included. body has all the parts. faded cabinet but nice clean coin door and it has a pricey wide body lock down bar play field has wear of course. cabinet inside parts are nice. it appears all is there except the left flipper assembly. pickup in mid michigan or i can deliver to Michigan Pinb :applause:all expo. MESSAGE ME with interest.

Just want to send a quick kudos and word of thanks to the well-earned new Vice Poobah of the project pin thread. Pecos, I don't know the formalities, but I think an official coronation might be in order.

Great work, Captive_Ball!

#2457 7 years ago

Mentioned that it was being shipped to Utah. Sucks about the termites.

I read that, too. What a bummer.

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: MiniZag / EM 1 Player
I have the legs for this machine. They are currently not attached to the game. I have the glass also. It was removed for pictures.

I've purchased a machine without a lockdown bar in the picture, but was included with sale. It did not fit.

I've purchased a machine without legs in the picture, but was includeed with sale. They didn't quite fit either.

I take responsibility for these oversights, but discovered this about each game after I got them home. (I was just a little too excited to get those projects in my car...ha-ha!)

Just a reminder (to myself and others) to check these seemingly minor details when going to pick up a pin. ...especially after the unfortunate Viking incident.

#2477 7 years ago

Great to see a happy pick-up.

#2479 7 years ago

Otaku, congrats on grabbing...

Quoted from Otaku:

...one of [your] grails.

Let us know when you start the restore thread.

#2485 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Whoever owned it previously replaced almost EVERY bulb in the entire machine (inserts, GI) with #455 flash lamps/flasher bulbs... that was a bit of a weird surprise.
I already swapped a few bulbs out but I think I might put them back where they were just to get a video of it before I do the rest, it's crazy.

Oh my god, please do it. That would be the greatest...in the worst way.

Anxiously awaiting footage of the Sky Jump Blinkerton Supreme LE.

Sincerely,
Ryan

#2499 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

2" flippers...have kind of grown on me.

Understatement of the century.

#2500 7 years ago

Post #2500!!!

1 week later
#2595 7 years ago

Any of these:

Big Star
Fan-Tas-Tic
Granada
Honey
Olympic Hockey
Spanish Eyes
Super Star
Swinger
Winner

...that are...

Quoted from Pecos:

working with paper work and keys

...should be worth...

...IMHO.

Did anyone call on this mystery machine?

#2604 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Ginger / EM 1 Player
Features: Flipperless
Month/Year: October 1947
Cost: $125
Link/Contact: boston.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "...it has no legs.i don't know if it works.It is a Williams Ginger Rogers machineIt has flippers I found the coinop"

Gotta love this exquisite documentation:

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Photo-tip #1: Stop spinning in circles BEFORE you snap the picture.

1 week later
#2685 7 years ago

~~~~~~Mr. Pinball Classifieds~~~~~~
Game/Type: Honey / EM
Year: May 1972
Production: 6,301
OP:Good backglass & playfield. Average cabinet. Needs repair. $250 cheap project.

Every morning, you beat me to the Mr. P ads. Ha-ha! Was just about to post this.

#2689 7 years ago

An artist that wakes up early...is that an oxymoron?

Ha-ha!

Well, I think it is pretty standard for artists with a 3-year-old.

#2695 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

3 projects for $650 in Des Moines:
Stern Magic
Stern Galaxy
Hoe Down
desmoines.craigslist.org link

Deleted.

#2697 7 years ago

Game/Type: Casanova / EM 2 Player
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Casa Nova Pin Ball Machine

Finally got around to looking at pictures of this. Gotta love that stunning "restoration" on the cab stencil:

cab_(resized).jpgcab_(resized).jpg

Previous owner, "Yup. That'll do."

#2748 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

LOL @ the ongoing "middle-pop alert"... check out what I just wrote about Norm Clark in another thread (regarding Freedom)... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/11-em-games-mini-pinraid-worth-anything#post-3284223

So glad you linked to this. *slow clap*

#2749 7 years ago

No overview from seller on condition, but the fifth picture provided says it all

Ha-ha! Awesome. Here's hoping it's on the glass.

#2750 7 years ago

Also, here's a flipperless gem for everyone to contemplate:

Manufacturer: Pioneer
Game/Type: Big Top / EM Flipperless
Year: July, 1945
Production: ???
SPECIALTY: Conversion of these games:

-Keeney's 1941 'Twin Six'
-Keeney's 'Clover'
-Keeney's 1941 'Sky Ray'

Cost: Starting Bid: $75 (BIN $450)
Link/Contact:ebay.com link: 1946 Big Top circus pinball machine

#2766 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here's a low risk investment.
Game/Type: Hi-Lo Ace / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1973
Production: 2,500
Cost: $75
Contact/Link: chicago.craigslist.org link

Inquired about this. It is sold.

#2767 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Someone get this before they forklift it straight into the dumpster!
Manufacturer: Fascination Int., Incorporated
Game/Type: Eros One / Cocktail SS Allied Leisure MPU 2 Player
Month/Year: March 1979
Cost: $80
Link/Contact: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Allied leisure eros one cocktail pinball machine does not work does light up,has a copy of the original schematic/book from marco specialties.no keys cabinet overall in good shape,playfield is worn in several areas.good project to fix or parts machine"

That sure is precariously perched.

#2770 7 years ago

Maybe some deals to be had here:
Big Brave, 1974 Gottlieb: 1000
Price negotiable with sale of Bally Freedom and Williams Space Mission. Call for details.
Stephanie A Brown Phone: (775) 316-2295
[email protected], Hawthorne, Nevada 89415
Freedom, 1976 Bally: 500
Price negotiable with package sale of Big Brave and or Williams Space Mission.
Space Mission, 1976 Williams: 500
Price negotiable with package sale of Big Brave and or Bally Freedom.

#2788 7 years ago

Game/Type: OXO / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1973
Production: 7,053
Cost: $275
Link/Contact: houston.craigslist.org link
OP: Hasn't been plugged in for several years and will need some TLC.

Captive_Ball, why are you posting this? You should be BUYING it!!!

1 week later
#2879 7 years ago

C'mon, who's gonna join the club?

Quoted from Pecos:

...probably some flaking

Read: Definitely

Quoted from Pecos:

Good plastics.

I know this is a long shot, but I'd buy that center plastic off whoever nabs this one.

#2907 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Rancho / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1977
Production: 1,229
Contact/Link: orlando.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "works good. needs new bumper rubbers."

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Wow... 32 minutes ago and ad deleted already. *sigh*

...was just about to make a shout-out to NicoVolta. This one was a lot closer than Canada.

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Arrow Head / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: February 1957
Game/Type: Wonderland / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1955

These look pretty darn neat. Someone hit that estate sale and report back, pretty please!

#2914 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Hmmm. There are two Dolly's in the pics. One is real nice. And the other is beat to shit.

Quoted from Pecos:

Choose wisely!

#2922 7 years ago

Working Projects from Mr. P (quick-list):

- Gottlieb Show Boat--cracked backglass
- Gottlieb Pioneer--works
- Gottlieb High Hand--good one, works
- Gottlieb High Hand--works somewhat, but no backglass, use as a parts machine or repair
- Bally Expressway--in great shape, working
- Williams Space Mission--works, in good shape.

Actual Ad:
6 Pinball Machines, : $2750.00 OBO
I have 6 pinball machines. These are working projects but still need some cleaning on the contact and some adjustments but they work. Gottlieb Show Boat--cracked backglass; Gottlieb Pioneer--works; Gottlieb High Hand--good one, works; Gottlieb High Hand--works somewhat, but no backglass, use as a parts machine or repair; Bally Expressway--in great shape, working; Williams Space Mission--works, in good shape. Selling the whole lot for $2750.00 OBO.
Rick Phone: (951) 203-7307
[email protected], Wildomar, California 92595

#2924 7 years ago

I saw you up before me. You let me have that one.

#2942 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

head is fully delaminated on one side

C'mon, guys...we can DO this!

#2955 7 years ago

Project Price (from Mr. P):

Double Barrel, 1961 Williams: $500
Works! Was serviced by the pinball expert on "Pawn Stars". Playfield in good shape. Backglass needs some attention. Have original schematics and keys.
Jack Phone: 323-445-1449
Long Beach, California 90802

Looks like a cool game! Where's Colsond3 when you need him? "IF I WERE CLOSER!!!" Additionally, the "experts" from Pawn Stars had their mitts on it. Sooo...thoroughly shopped? *LOL*

#2977 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

....why can't this thing be closer!!!

Quoted from Colsond3:

If he were local,

Quoted from Colsond3:

I'd be grabbing all three of these today

YES!!! I've been waiting too long to hear this again.

#2996 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I would be all over that, but am still knee deep in projects. - Just a short 6 hour round trip over the mountains for me..

A leisurely Sunday drive.

#3001 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Don't risk it! Some day you might run out of projects temporarily, like me, and then you'll just sit around all day looking at your pinball machines and wishing you had something to do!

I LOL'd a good LOL over this.

#3002 7 years ago

Edit: Duplicate post

#3005 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I can't believe this is still available.

For real. I offered $300 for an OXO in semi-working condition and was promptly turned down. Where's Colly...

Quoted from Colsond3:

...why can't this thing be closer!!!

Quoted from Colsond3:

If he were local...

Quoted from Colsond3:

I would buy [OXO] in a heartbeat, especially at that price.

There we go.

#3007 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

1978 peragon pinball machine

peragon (resized).jpgperagon (resized).jpg

#3024 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Hey!!!!! I'm trying to control my acquisition phase over here.

If we're following this thread, we've got the same problem. *group hug*

ggwuv.gifggwuv.gif

#3043 7 years ago

I acquired a Southern Belle a couple days ago. I'd let it go for the right price
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/38858

Good luck with your $8.3 million sale.

#3135 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Hot Tip / SS System 3 4 Player

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Hot Tip / SS System 3 4 Player

On the hunt for Hot Tips, huh?

#3199 7 years ago

Free Fall, Bowl A Strike, Swing Along, Gottlieb/Williams: $1200
Gottlieb Free Fall needs restoration. Better than average backglass and cabinet. Playfield has some planking and wear. Upper arch has rust. Williams Bowl A Strike in similar condition, except no rust on arch. It's in an original Alpine Club cabinet. Good backglass with a little lifting along the upper edge. Gottlieb Swing Along two-player replay game is in playing condition, but could use cleaning and shop out. All games are currently blanket wrapped and in storage. Limited photos available at this time. I am handling this sale for a friend who is in the process of moving. Send email for more information if interested. Swing Along available separately for $400. Cash and carry only.
Joe
[email protected], Southern NY State, New York

#3224 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Flying Circus / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: May 1961
Production: 2,050
Contact/Link: huntsville.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...not working, ex glass"

Not sure if there was a typo, but it's $250 now. Woo!

#3225 7 years ago

Go Nico! Congrats on the multiplying herd.

#3226 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Condition: "Clearly has wear and tear but that's original condition in my opinion."

Original wear and tear...straight out of the factory.

#3239 7 years ago

My favorite line in the description: "It shows good signs of life." Ha-ha! Perhaps we should retitle this thread to "Pins with Good Signs of Life for Sale Here" Such a diplomatic euphemism for "project." Anyhow, here's the gem:

Game/Type: Tom-Tom / EM
Year: June 1963
Production: 1,300
Starting bid: $475.00
Link/Contact:ebay.com link: Williams tom tom 1963 pinball machine 2 player unrestored needs work
OP: "1963 Williams Tom Tom pinball machine. This machine has been unrestored, and will need work to be up and running again. It is complete,we did turn it on and it SHOWS GOOD SIGNS OF LIFE, the back glass is in fairly decent shape as you can tell from the pictures. The scoring units are all there, and the playfield is populated on the top and bottom. 1300 of these machines were produced in 1963, it is unknown how many are left in existence today. If you have any questions, please ask before bidding or making an offer. This machine is being sold as is, no warranty. We can ship this machine, buyer will be responsible for any and all costs involved in shipping. Local pickup is free, and we can help you load! This game can be viewed at our Doc Pinball showroom."

#3243 7 years ago

Every deal I've dealt with has been cash. Sounds like it's not worth the headache.

#3262 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: ??
Game/Type: ?? / Woodrail?
Month/Year: "is one of the first machines"
Production: ??
Cost: FREE!?
Contact/Link: seattle.craigslist.org link
Condition: "I have an old pinball machine that has wood legs ...I can not get it together as it is very heavy so maybe someone else can get this up and going."

*sigh* For a free woodrail to appear in my neck of the woods.

george.gifgeorge.gif

Someone in the Pacific NW please report on this and make me jealous.

....and heres one that's up for grabs. Rats nest included
Game/Type: Flying Chariots / Electro-mechanical (EM) 2 Player
Month/Year: October 1963
Production: 3,410
Cost: Buy It Now: $250 obo
Contact/Link: ebay.com link » Vintage 1963 Gottliebs Flying Chariots Pinball Machine Needs Restoring

Already gone (2 hours after you posted). Odd.

#3314 7 years ago
Quoted from etlandfill:

Bought for 200 and confirmed that a pin somehow fits into a Chevy Sonic.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Quoted from Pecos:

...will be auctioning this Saturday." September 24th

Pecos, any chance of a report?

Quoted from RCA1:

Where's Ryan?
This looks like it's right up his alley.

You guys know me too well. *LOL* Just spent about 5 minutes looking at that ad. ...if only I wasn't maxed out on space. It's gonna take the right project for me to swap something out. *a-hem*Fan-Tas-Tic*a-hem* ...'scuse me.

Speaking of where are people...NICO:

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Skill Ball / EM AAB 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1961
Production: 650 (!)
Contact/Link: dallas.craigslist.org link
Condition: "This is a project or parts machine. Not tested. Not working.
Fix up or part out
Backglass Fair
Cabinet been repainted
Coin door straight but scratched
Legs painted
Playfield wear around the flippers
Plastics are bad
Many usable parts"

...looked just weird enough to interest you. Also, according to IPDB it's the first Williams add-a-ball game...FWIW.

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Marbl-Jax / PM (Pure Mechanical) 1 Player
Month/Year: February 1933

Neat!

Quoted from PinFixin:

Game/Type: Gypsy Queen Woodrail
Month/Year: 1955
Production:
lexington.craigslist.org link
Condition: "1955 gyspy queen pinball works but lights went out"

A $250 woodie? Someone grab that, please.

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: "1.Hollywood- missing play field glass and back door
3. Pot'o'Gold -missing back door,play field glass and end rail
5. Swing a long missing end rail
6. Fashion Show missing back door , end rail and play field glass
7. Top Card missing end rail and back door
9. Drop a Card - missing play field glass and end rail
10. On Beam missing play Field glass and end rail
11. Kick off missing back door , end rail, and play field glass
12. Dealers Choice missing back glass
13. Hard Bodies missing back glass, end rail and play field glass
14. Lady Luck missing back glass, end rail and play field glass"
Contact/Link: denver.craigslist.org link
Condition: Unknown except for as stated above.

Is this $300 for the lot or per? I'm guessing the latter, but it wasn't clearly stated. Maybe they just want it all gone. If someone snags these, I'd be interested in talking to you about the On Beam.

Quoted from dasvis:

For all? or for each?

Oops. Guess that question was asked already. Still want to know about the On Beam, tho.

#3318 7 years ago

Project price for a working machine:

El Toro, 1963 Williams: $500
Machine overall is in great working condition. Backglass has a crack but is all there and graphics look good. Playfield is in good shape, no major damage. All paint and cabinet art is in great shape.
Jesh Phone: (303) 483-5816
[email protected], Louisville, Colorado 80027

...albeit, an El Toro.

#3322 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

That looks really nice for the price.

Silly Ryan, you're mixing it up with the Bally version! AFAIK the Williams version is pretty well received.

You, my friend, are a bunch of right. I didn't even realize a Williams version existed! Thanks for the education.

#3330 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Is this $300 for the lot or per?

Quoted from Pecos:

Ryan, better bring out that picture of the rainbow unicorn that you posted many moons ago and post it here again if you are hoping it is for the whole lot!

765.gif765.gif

^^^ Me living life.

1 week later
#3421 7 years ago

Game(S!!!): 1969 Williams smart Set, 1969 Williams Superstar, Jukebox w/ 100 45's, 1970 Williams Ringer, 1945 Gottlieb Stagedoor Canteen, flipperless playfield "wall-hanger", and parts

Cost: Current Bid: $305 Ends next Monday
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: Pinball machines jukebox and EM ringer arcade game

OP: Son moving home so there goes my man cave. Up for auction is 3 pinball machines 1 rare em ringer arcade game, and a Wurlitzer juke box plus some parts and wall hanging playfield. 1969 Williams smart Set, 1969 Williams Superstar, and Jukebox loaded with 100 45rpm records, from the 50s to 90s, are all working and in good condition. 1945 Gottlieb Stagedoor Canteen was the first pinball machine made after WW2 and is complete in great condition minus legs and glass. Ringer is a super fun game that just recently stopped working. Boxes of extra parts nos and used, pinball tools , and pf wall art. Can deliver upon payment within 300 miles of 61439. PLEASE email me with any questions before bidding, and thanks for looking.

"Welcome home, Son! (Not that I'm bitter.)"

#3447 7 years ago

Neat old flipperless here...

Game/Type: Cross-Line/EM Flipperless
Month/Year: February, 1941
Production: N/L
Link/Contact: fortwayne.craigslist.org link

OP: "I have a 1938 [IPDB says '41] Bally "Crossline" pinball machine for sale. It needs restored, but is complete and is in good condition for its age. I paid 600.00 for this machine 4 years ago with grand plans of fixing it up. I never got around to it, and it needs to go to another good home."

...looks like it's in pretty good shape, too:

00l0l_5IXCirCB8yj_1200x900 (resized).jpg00l0l_5IXCirCB8yj_1200x900 (resized).jpg00X0X_agUAYoCK2lC_1200x900 (resized).jpg00X0X_agUAYoCK2lC_1200x900 (resized).jpg01111_a4QUMTq18ep_1200x900 (resized).jpg01111_a4QUMTq18ep_1200x900 (resized).jpg

75 years old and that backglass looks flawless!

#3450 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Would l-o-o-o-o-ve that Rollergames!

Quoted from dothedoo:

You're killin' me man!

Time to start making friends with road trips.

#3466 7 years ago

Game/Type: Mardi Gras / Electro-mechanical (EM) 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1962
Cost: Current Bid: $.99 Auction ends this Saturday
Contact/Link: ebay.com link
And
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Wow. I've never even heard of this game before, but it looks really cool. Score drums on the PF, what I thought were outlanes appear to be kicker lanes that kick the ball toward the targets in front of the score drums, plus, if I'm seeing this correctly, I think both backglass and playfield are printed with metallic gold ink:

williams-1960s-mardi-gras-pinball-arcade_1_4d61f1b3706d606971bdb8d53e2aecb2 (resized).jpgwilliams-1960s-mardi-gras-pinball-arcade_1_4d61f1b3706d606971bdb8d53e2aecb2 (resized).jpg

vampire mardigras 006 (resized).jpgvampire mardigras 006 (resized).jpg

Neither of these images are from the seller (whose photographs aren't doing him any favors) and took a little digging to uncover (even IPDB images aren't very good), but man, this game has now been added to my wishlist. Thanks for the listing, Captive, and good luck to whoever wins that auction! Wish I were in a position to snag this.

#3475 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Belle Hop / EM Woodrail 1 Player
Features: Flipperless
Month/Year: May 1941

NEAT!

...except for the health portion of paint that's missing in the upper left.

Nice finds, as usual, Pecos! Thanks, as usual, for keep us supplied with "pins for thought."

#3491 7 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Dirty? You don't say?

True, it's unfortunate that it was stored without playfield glass, but I'll bet a lot of that would clean up. Plus, if the backglass is any indication as to the condition of the machine:

whiz (resized).jpgwhiz (resized).jpg

...it's got some real potential. If it hasn't been gutted, this should be worth $150 easy. (For the right...motivated...customer.)

FULL DISCLOSURE: I adjusted the color levels on the seller's picture just to get a little better look at that backglass. Taking the picture in a room with the lights turned off wasn't much help. ...but, man, once you can actually see it? That glass looks like it's in AH-MAZE-ING condition(!!!).

Quoted from balzofsteel:

Instant hoard: portland.craigslist.org link
Some ok pins, a bunch of EM shooters, a couple vidiot games, and some puck bowlers - seller is looking for a very generous buyer to take it all. Emphasis there on very generous. Like retail and then some generous. For what look like projects.

Balzofsteel, from your comments it sounds like the seller quoted you a price. Let's hear it.

#3497 7 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

You make valid points. So valid I made an offer and he accepted. Lets see what is under all that grim, shall we?

Exciting! PUH-LEASE start a resto thread on that (and let us know about it). I'd love to follow along on your progress as you bring that beauty back to life.

Sincerely,
Ryan

#3502 7 years ago

^ ^ ^ What he said! I had a piece of tempered glass made for a broken backglass not long ago. Wasn't a huge outlay and very easy. Just have your measurements ready.

#3518 7 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I am on to the next table.

Good attitude on your part, but still a bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing that dusty gem brought back to life.

#3545 7 years ago

Hi Project Pals,

This is not a project, but I'm selling a pinball machine for the first time in my life (hate to let 'em go!) and I know a few of you guys here, so figured I'd post it. Here's the marketplace ad:

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Working casino-themed pinball machine with many features: multiball, 3 physical ball locks on the playfield, 10 drop targets, unique playfield layout with upper slings and high out...”
2016-10-16
Holt, MI
950 (Firm)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 106 times

#3588 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sometimes that's "creative photography" done on purpose to hide flaws, scratches, dings, wear, etc....

And sometimes it's old age.

#3611 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Game/Type: Hi-Deal, 1 Player
Month/Year: April, 1975
Production: 2,085
Cost: $200 (!)
Contact/Link: lynchburg.craigslist.org link
I'd buy that for $200

Quoted from CactusJack:

Another rip on the lit spinner game. It's actually very fun. And one of my favorite artists.

Yup! Love that unmistakable art package from wacky ole' Dick White.

#3618 7 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Dang, why can't I find deals like that close to me, even if it needs new boards and displays I'd still buy for that price.

...Colsond3? Is that you?

#3635 7 years ago

Game/Type: Red Baron / EM 2 Player
Year: June 1975
Link/Contact: minneapolis.craigslist.org link
OP: There is a problem with the game reset. When it is turned on the game continues to reset and will not complete the process. Once in a blue moon the reset process is complete and you can play a game. The lights all work and when the game does work it seems to operate fine. There is some flaking on the backglass and I sealed it where I could.

Ad is gone.

#3648 7 years ago

It all started on Monday January 25th of this year. I popped into this thread and saw the above thread post from Pecos. I’ve been wanting and EBD for a couple years now and when I saw this and the proximity it was to Pecos, I had to reach out and see if something could get worked out to purchase this machine. Not knowing me at all he attempted to contact the seller and see if we might be able to make arrangements for the machine later down the road. The seller never did response ….so I stayed on the hunt for an EBD.
But now I was intrigued by the thread. I starting scouring Mr. Pinball Classifieds/Ebay/CL to find machines and help others snag pins at usually reasonable prices (since they are projects). Seemed like a no-brainer.
So one day in June I see a working EBD for sale that is over 400 miles from me. I wouldn’t be able to get the machine in a timely manner…but I contacted the seller anyways to get the ball rolling. I reached out to a fellow Pinsider and they graciously helped me in picking the machine up. Man, people in this hobby are awesome! Fast forward 4 months….the game was delivered this weekend.
Would like to personally thank Pecos for starting this thread. Sure this would have never come to roost if he had not made this thread.
Pics or it didn’t happen

Great story. Congratulations on your patience and your new pin!!!

#3673 7 years ago

Round and round we go...now back on Mr. Pinball Classifieds for $350.
At least the price is dropping everytime its relisted

$200 by Xmas!

#3674 7 years ago

Game/Type: 4 Square /EM
Year: June 1971
Cost: Starting price: $200 obo
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Gottleib 4 Square Pinball Machine
OP: Original Owner. Stored for many years. Spent $500 last summer getting it working. When it's level and working, definitely sounds like vintage pinball.
Selling now for parts/project - we need the space!

Sold.

#3683 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I kept watching the auction on this Captain Hook. There were only two other people besides me watching. I find the game interesting and lust worthy due to its rarity. The auction was for BIN or make an offer. I am planning a trip to Texas so I said, "what the hell" and gave the company a call. I made a low ball its-worth-a-gamble offer and to my surprise, they accepted. So I will be heading out to El Paso in a few days to pick up. Then hope I can fix it.
Thanks for posting this pin, Captive_Ball.

Congrats on the score! Interesting game. I've never seen one in person before! (I guess the production numbers speak to that.) Keep us updated on the pick-up! Would love to see more of your new gem.

#3715 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Relisted at reduced price.

**Price reduced to $50 - that can't be right! milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Road trip!

#3721 7 years ago

Game/Type: Swinger / EM
Year: December 1972
Production: 3,229
Cost: $300 obo
Link/Contact: denver.craigslist.org link
OP: Works great but needs new rubber bands. Moving must sell.

Wow, neat. With dry-rotted rubbers all over the place, I'd be surprised if it is fully working, but I can attest to this being a fun game. Here's my write-up about it featuring stats/history, layout, scoring, and strategy...for anyone curious:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-swinger-restoration-and-eventual-retheme/page/13#post-2930130

1 week later
#3759 7 years ago

Game/Type: Ballyhoo / Pure Mechanical 1 Player
Year: October 1932
Production: 50,000 units
Current Bid: $50
Link/Contact:ebay.com link: 1932 BALLYHOO PINBALL MACHINE BEST CONDITION YOU WILL FIND WOW

OP says (in all caps): "THIS IS A RARE ONE SO DON'T MISS OUT.

ORIGINAL 1932 BALLYHOO PINBALL. FIRST PINBALL MADE BY BALLY MANUFACTURING.

THE CONDITION IS INCREDIBLE. THIS SPECIFIC MACHINE WAS SENT TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED FOR A BALLY ANNIVERSARY PUBLICATION.

WHAT MAKES THIS MACHINE EVEN RARER IS THAT IT HAS THE ORIGINAL LEGS (AS YOU WILL SEE IN THE LAST PICTURE WHICH IS AN ADVERTISEMENT FROM 1932). MOST OF THESE MACHINES WERE PUT ON A BAR-TOP OR TABLE.

THIS IS FULLY OPERATIONAL (DOESN'T DO MUCH OTHER THEN SEND A BALL UP THE PLAY FIELD. THIS WAS BEFORE FLIPPERS AND ANY ELECTRONICS!). JUST SLIDE IN A NICKEL AND START TO PLAY

THE PLAY FIELD IS IN GREAT SHAPE WITH NO FLAKING OR DAMAGE AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTURE.

ORIGINAL ASSEMBLY AND PACKING TAG STILL AFFIXED TO THE BACK DOOR.

THIS ITEM CAN NOT BE SHIPPED, HOWEVER IT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP DURING THE CHICAGOLAND AMUSEMENT SHOW ON NOVEMBER 12, 13. I AM LOCATED 30 MINUTES NORTHEAST OF THE SHOW.

TRULY A ONCE IN A LIFE-TIME OPPORTUNITY TO OWN THIS VINTAGE MACHINE IN THIS SHAPE.

THERE IS A RESERVE ON THIS ITEM.

THANKS -"

#3766 7 years ago

Game/Type: Sunshine / Electro-mechanical (EM) 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1958
Cost: Starting Bid: $250 (No current bids) Auction ends Monday 11/14
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Pinball Machine
OP: It works and needs a slight maintenence and resto. Top glass is in fair shape. No glass on table.

Item was listed last week and didn't sell. Maybe the seller would accept an offer.

justsayin.gifjustsayin.gif

#3773 7 years ago

Game/Type: Sharpshooter
Cost: $800 (FIRM)
OP:needs work

Quoted from dothedoo:

This one really needs some better pics.

...and a better price.

#3775 7 years ago

From Mr. P this morning (Captive, you're slackin'. )
High Hand, 1973 Gottlieb: 450.00
I have two Gottlieb High Hand pinball machines. These are working projects. One has a backglass and the other does not have a backglass. Sold as is.
Rick Phone: 951-203-7307
[email protected], Wildomar, California

#3777 7 years ago

You got me...listed a month ago from Mr. Pinball. I didn't feel it was worth another mention.

Oh, burn! ...I thought that sounded familiar. Wonder why it came up again in this morning's email. *shrugs*

#3779 7 years ago

Flipperless Fun on Mr. P:
Caribbean, 1948 United: 500
Needs some work & new bumper rubber. Missing the key to the lock box & the wood trim at bottom of glass cover. Otherwise in pretty good shape.
Steve
[email protected], Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania 19444

1 week later
#3856 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Game/Type: Out of Sight / EM 2 player
Month/Year: December, 1974
Production: 1,750
Contact/Link: philadelphia.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Game starts up and partially plays. Does not advance ball count
and some scoring does not fully work. Includes some new parts."
(if anyone is in this area and could grab another game for me, send me a PM)

Clist ad now lowered to $125.

#3905 7 years ago

Happy Black Friday (from Mr. P):

Sharpshooter II, 1984 Game Plan: $475/OBO
Priced to sell. Great project game for someone. 600 made so rare. Excellent backglass, playfield, and cabinet. Boots up and goes into attract mode, but will not start a game. Pics available. Will ship at buyer's expense.
Tim
[email protected], Madison, Wisconsin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
$ 3.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
343 posts in this topic match your search for posts by RyanClaytor. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=RyanClaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.