pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG
ww2 (resized).JPG
nne (resized).JPG
19E4C046-C05E-4FCA-8A51-3A8A22907BCD (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8526 5 years ago

Not mine, no association

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Count Down / Solid State
Month/Year: 1979
Cost: $250

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Claims to be working.

Edit: He must have received too many calls, price has been bumped up to $600 now.

#8559 5 years ago

Same here. For the price I’d definitely snag that Rock if it was closer

#8615 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Stellar Wars Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Time to sell my Stellar Wars. I like the game, but time to mix up the collection a bit. Game works and plays 100%. Nowhere near a collector quality machine, but a very solid p...”
2018-05-12
Sioux Falls, SD
600 (OBO)
Archived after: 22 days
Viewed: 349 times
Contributed to Pinside

Some shameless self advertising.

1 week later
#8725 5 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Project...Hercules...
Definitely the biggest project around.

For once I'm glad I can't afford it. It would be too tempting.

10 months later
#12379 4 years ago

Just popping into say thank you for all the guys posting up these projects. Haven't been able to go after any for myself yet, but always watching for the right one to pop up.

2 weeks later
#12445 4 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Flash / SS 4 Player
Cost: $500

Link: omaha.craigslist.org link

OP: Powers up but does not fully boot.Too many other projects ahead of this one. Selling as-is.

1 week later
#12465 4 years ago

Multiple EM pins at a garage sale, ad says $300 each.
Seller sounds extremely motivated to move it all out, so can probably work a great deal here.

1 week later
#12544 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I just picked up 2 container fresh time machines. (Data east) neither boot yet, one has batteries exploded it looks like. 1 is on 110v, other is still 220v. 1 cab is decent, other isnt. Can probably frankenstein a nice one and a rough one. I bought them to stop them from being parted out, if anyone wants them pm me

Price?

#12587 4 years ago

This 'Night Moves' cocktail has been up on craigslist Fargo for a week, spent almost a full week dropping the price $100 per day.
Currently sitting at $600, started at $1200.

fargo.craigslist.org link

#12592 4 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

buy buy buy. Still miss mine.

Still recovering from the last two machine purchases, no funds over here right now.

#12595 4 years ago

He had another cocktail and a regular pin at the same time, those sold kinda quick

1 week later
#12733 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

No way a Superman should still be there at that price, isn't it a wide body?

All Atari games were widebodies

1 week later
#12828 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I've always felt this was an underated pin, I actually don't think his price is unreasonable,

If it was a bit closer and cheaper, I'd probably be giving this one a serious look. I've always enjoyed Black Rose.

-Hans

1 week later
#12945 4 years ago

Minneapolis craigslist had an actual cheap project for once.
Bally 8-ball project.

Needs backglass and apparently the only boards present are the displays.
Playfield doesn't look too bad actually, but does need some touchups for sure.
It is cheap at $150. I'd probably grab it if, if it was closer.

#12958 4 years ago

I haven't had that many, but all my solid-state projects have come back to life. Only a couple were purchased in functioning condition, the rest were various levels of dead. They are either set up up and playing in my own house, or were sold as 100% playable machines. I'm actually looking for my next one too, since my Devil Riders is essentially done at this point.

The only one I didn't finish was an EM pitch and bat. But I did make a lot of progress before selling it, and it was playable but still needed some work to finish it up. I love playing EM's, but don't enjoy working on them.

-Hans

#13045 4 years ago

Ok. There’s gotta be some Space Shuttle projects out there. Where they all gone?

#13064 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Here (The Space Shuttle needs a backglass and hardtop)
OP:
Playboy (78) - $1100.00
Space Shuttle - $800.00
Terminator 2 - $2200.00 (overall condition as she sits, the nicest of the lot)
Stern Harley - $2600.00
Revenge From Mars - $2700.00
Send me a direct email for phone #, some pics loaded on original ad.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80572

I'm not against a machine in that condition, but that's a lot of dollars between machine and shipping for that game.

-Hans

#13066 4 years ago

Gottlieb Shindig and Genco Merry Widow.
$325 for the pair in Omaha.

omaha.craigslist.org link

The Shindig looks like it's seen some recent work potentially, the playfield rubbers are WAY too clean.
Not a bad condition compared to most cheap woodrails I see.

Merry Widow.... much rougher looking.

#13105 4 years ago

Man, if I wasn’t trying to save up for a couple equipment purchases I’d be actually trying to buy that one

#13170 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Rare??? Excuse me??
I love my Baby Pac but the only thing “rare” is to find a working one.
For 150 someone should buy it I have a VIDIOT I could spare
Edit: IT’S MISSING EVERYTHING!! Spinners Drop Target memory bank, plastics, monitor. That’s a big mistake.
If someone wants to deliver to NY I’ve got the parts to make it whole again.

Yeah, I looked at the ad too. Basically a cabinet and bare playfield is all you get.

#13205 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmasher:

prob scooped up already its been an hour[quoted image]

Already texted him I wanted it..... but I may have been late to the party. Haven't heard a response yet.

-Hans

#13207 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Ooh! Good luck!

Just like a lotto ticket for next week, nobody's told me yet that I've lost.

-Hans

#13212 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

They have burner number services that can give you a temporary number for just about any area code.

If it is a scam, it's the worst one I've ever seen. Won't even respond to me offering to send them money electronically!

-Hans

#13214 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

For $300? Doubtful. I bet it was gone inside an hour and they were too lazy to pull the ad, I see that all the time.

I'm thinking the same. I sent my message about a half hour after it was posted and never heard a peep.
Though at that price he's going to get annoyed REAL fast with all the people messaging him.

#13269 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have a buddy near me (Dallas, TX area) selling a gottlieb victory, gottlieb raven, and allied leisure star shooter for 800 total.
I have another acquaintance who has a centaur II, stern trident, and bally mata hari for 2500 total.
If anyone is interested, send me a pm and i will get their info to you.

Surprised there wasn't more discussion on this one. If I had the funding right now I'd be all over that first package.
Heck, it they end up going north, I'd be interested in the Raven for some disturbing reason.

-Hans

#13276 4 years ago

I'm tempted on this one, but going to pass. Just east of Yellowstone National Park.

Gottlieb Rock
Williams Laser Ball
Williams Big Deal

If I read this correct, it may be $600 for all three?
Definitely projects.
billings.craigslist.org link

#13278 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Yikes. Definitely a haul from your location to the middle of Nowhere, Wyoming.
Sure looks to be 600 for all 3. Playfields look nice and would be a heck of a deal.

LOL it's actually the money, not the time/distance, keeping me from heading out west.

Family would LOOOOOOOVE to go to Yellowstone. We are actually planning on getting out there this summer still.

-Hans

#13293 4 years ago

Crap.... I want the Raven. How the hell can we pull this off, neither one of us is close, nor are we in the same direction.

-Hans

#13308 4 years ago

I did some serious thinking, and I'm actually going to pass on the Raven over here.
I'm just no good with cabinet work..... and I really need a Bally/Stern machine for business purposes, which I don't currently have.

So I'm still on the lookout for a cheap bally/stern machine within a few hours of Sioux Falls, without significant cabinet issues.

-Hans

#13371 4 years ago

Cheap Torch in Kansas.....looks pretty good for the price.

lawrence.craigslist.org link

#13468 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Dakar pinball located near Pittsburgh:
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Now that's a rare bird. Hopefully goes to a good home.

-Hans

#13480 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Ok. I have a strong lead on an original stern pinball ss. There was someone on here asking about one recently, but I simply can't find the post to save my life...and I have looked and looked.
If you are the one looking or know someone looking, you should pm me...quickly.

I had previously been looking for any old stern pin, but have acquired one since then. Not necessarily the one titled 'pinball'.
Not really looking for more MPU-100 games at this point.

-Hans

#13482 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Did you make a recent (in the last few days)post about wanting one?

Week or so, yes. After the Raven/Victory conversation didn't pan out.

-Hans

#13537 4 years ago

Spin Out and Blue Chip
$100 for the pair, but beware....... from a heat/fire damaged home.

#13549 4 years ago

Man. If it were closer I’d be making an offer for sure. Whomever ends up with this start a rebuild thread!

#13630 4 years ago

$200 Time Warp in the Minneapolis area.
"did blow a fuse sometimes"

#13660 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmasher:

Awesome guy to deal with and this pin will not take much to get going again![quoted image]

Hey, he's running my adapters boards too! Always fun to see my stuff in the wild.

-Hans

#13687 4 years ago

Embryon that is close to me, at a good price, and I can't swing it right now.
Bring your $1200 and make me proud!

siouxcity.craigslist.org link

#13707 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Games:
Jungle Lord, Chicago Coin Apollo Moon Shot Rifle, a wood rail, some bingo pins, S.A.M.I., Sega Sonar, Space Riders , Chicago Coin Trap Shoot, MCI U-Boat, Allied Wild Cycle
OP:Many vintage arcade games, jukeboxes and Ball bingo pinball games!!!!! Please use relay message here on craigslist as spammers clog up the phone. All games work as thery should and all are in good to great condition. Restore or leave original. Countless hours of fun they deliver. Prices vary, please message for details...Could be delivered along I-90 on Thiursday, August 23rd or the 24th, 2 days away!!! Games are located in downtown Huron and delivery available locally or I can hold game with half deposit until u are able to come get it. Too an extent....Thank you for looking.
Link:siouxcity.craigslist.org link

The Space Riders and Trap Shoot photos are definitely fake, I found the same pictures in other sources dating back a few years.
A few may be legit, if it's the place I think it is, but they've been sitting in an unusually cluttered warehouse for decades.
Basically, any photo that looks to be in a place not requiring a tetanus shot, is not really from this location.
And this is from the more neglected part of town. I doubt the ball bowler is real either.

I've actually tried to buy from this place a couple times over the past 5 years.
Even being in the building, with cash in hand and a vehicle to haul, they considered it too much work to let somebody else do all the work.

-Hans

#13711 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Perhaps the old "sheriff" croaked!

Actually a fun story behind the place. The original owner used to run games at the State Fair starting in the 40's, and he got out of it in the very early 80's. His newest game that I ever saw was that Jungle Lord, used to have a lot of old Keeny and Chicago Coin EM's around the place, and some EM arcade games. The old man loved to show people around the place and tell stories, I think he got a kick out of reliving some of the fun times when he was younger. I don't think many other people found the gaming stuff to be very interesting. He said he used to have a lot of modern (80's era) arcade games, but those had been sold off while the market was still hot. I have a Joust marquee I got from him in the game room. Used to have a lot of marquee's for arcade games in the front shop.

But his big thing was smuggling slots and bingos, not regular pinballs. Seemed pretty proud of it too. Once South Dakota started their video lottery he got out of the business. The original owner passed away sometime in the past 5 years, I don't know exactly when. The slot machines were sold off a long time ago I know. I think the pins have sat around mainly because they've been parked for so long, and the current owner doesn't know much about them, and doesn't want to invest the time/effort to dig them out and sort / clean it all.

I gotta say though, that warehouse sure looks like the kind of place that antique shops and goodwill dump off the stuff they can't sell. A lot of random junk to sort through.

-Hans

#13765 4 years ago

With that gun collection, expect some high dollar prices

Quoted from nascarrey:

Creature from the Black Lagoon
Lord of the Rings
Wizard of Oz
Monster Bash
Centaur
Also Class on '81 Galaga/Ms Pac & a Sea Wolf for sale at this auction
https://www.estatesales.net/MN/North-Saint-Paul/55109/2336274

With that gun collection, expect some high dollar prices across the board.
Whomever it was had spendy taste in all their collections.

-Hans

#13793 4 years ago

Lady Luck minor project for $600 in Fargo.
Looks to be in decent shape too, except some peeling art on one side of the cabinet.

-Hans

#13832 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Time Warp
Spanish Eyes
Summer Time
Superman
Online estate sale going on now.
https://www.estatesales.net/AZ/Maricopa/85138/2339715
Current bids are in the $26 range.....these look pretty clean and I see keys...……..

The Superman even appears to be powered up with valid scores on the displays. Looks to be in good shape.
Best of luck folks!

-Hans

#13882 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The issue that with any cheap pin ad, there are a dozen people lined up for it, and most of those probably just want to fix it up and add it to their collection.
Instead, a flipper sometimes gets in line first for the game and grabs it, does nothing to add value to the game, and just jacks up the price just for the sake of making a buck. It does nothing for the game, nor anything for the pinball community.
Retailers have a supply chain of goods, so that's not really an apples to apples comparison.

If a flipper is front of me in line, yeah it sucks, but it doesn't really bother me.

It's when you've got a deal agreed on, drive a few hours to get there, show up at the agreed time and place, and the seller says "Somebody else came and offered me more money to sell to them instead".

Apparently there's a guy in the Minneapolis to Omaha area that's notorious for making huge offers on things to keep machines from selling, never shows up, and then at some future point in time contacts the now-desperate seller with an offer below the original asking price. Those are the guys that piss me off.

-Hans

#13886 4 years ago

Tried to find a good listing to show, but all I could find was an overpriced superman on ebay.

ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#14096 4 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

Space Invader project - $200
houston.craigslist.org link
(not mine)
from OP: "This is a Bally wide body Space Invaders pinball that is a restoration project. I have all of the play field components and have new parts that was purchased for the game. I was holding off on a 3rd party play field but the company that is producing them has it on hold. The play field has a major wear spot in the center but back glasses are in excellent condition. Game was missing cpu when I purchased it but a after market cpu is available from online merchants.
The game does not work , does not power up, is work in progress. This is suited for someone who does restoration as a hobby or business"

Damn;
If that was closer I'd already be driving.
Good luck!

#14139 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Esquire Estate Sales
Stillwater, MN 55082
September 21-22
Williams Roller Games
https://www.estatesales.net/MN/Stillwater/55082/2326395

Also posted on craigslist at $1400, at least it looks to be the same machine/place.

-Hans

1 week later
#14265 4 years ago

That ad has been up for quite a while on craigslist. In fact, looks like it was just renewed/reposted this morning.
Shows up as the first item if you search pinball in minneapolis

-Hans

#14304 4 years ago
Quoted from e-rock:

$75 Argosy, can’t beat that.

I'm very very very tempted. Close, Cheap. But I'm not an EM guy. Have at it folks!

#14308 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Price dropped to $285 obo

$275 on craigslist.

-Hans

#14324 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

At $75 (for a good title), you can't afford not to become an EM guy.

I'm not that familiar with EM titles, but I wasn't aware Argosy was considered a good one.
Looks like it was snagged pretty quick either way.

-Hans

#14342 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Gold Strike dont see this title too often....
For sale here....
https://www.estatesales.net/NY/East-Durham/12423/2368080
Also a Ms Pac Man, Double Dragon arcade game and a juke box.

That 'Mini-match' tabletop bagatelle looks kinda neat too

-Hans

#14361 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

HH project in Nashville. Sounds like the guy got in over his head. says everything is in boxes. This might help someone get another game going or if you want a major project here you go. I can probably run over a take a peak at it if someone is interested.
nashville.craigslist.org link

Sweet Lord! Whomever grabbed that (I can't imagine it not being snagged yet) best post restore thread on that.

-Hans

#14375 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Game/Type: #pinbot / SS
Mo/Year: Oct 1986
Production: 12,001
Cost: $600!
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1158015484587000/
OP: Pin Bot pinball machine, needs work and repairs

MotherF.................. Dammit, I don't have facebook, or cash.

#14403 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: High Speed / SS
Year: January 1986
Production: 17,080
Cost: Min Bid $300, Buy it now $495
Link/Contact: ebay.com link
Me: Displays 1-3 don't display numbers. Display 3-4 display alpha values. Bad playfield, but hardtop is available.

$3.78 shipping!!
Zero feedback history though.

-Hans

#14411 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

REDEMPTION GAME
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Nudge it / Redemption
Year: 1990
Production: 56 (!)
Cost: $300
Seller: Matt Gedney
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/3013055935387852/?sale_post_id=3013055935387852&rt=11
OP: 1990 Gottlieb Nudge It Pinball Machine. Not working. Appears to be missing sound board. 51 of 54 made. In great shape and would be a fun restore project.
Located in SE Sioux Falls.

Also on Craigslist locally. I know the mini gottliebs aren’t usually a hot seller, but if anybody needs a hand on this one I can offer an assist. Othera have offered to help me in the past, least I can do here

#14534 4 years ago

A couple decent titles in there too. Wish I had the money, Id be on the way for that one.

-Hans

#14567 4 years ago

A whole operators warehouse full of stuff.

That white-sided Galaga is interesting, as is the 'Turbo Drive', and a few other items.
Wish I had the money as I'd probably head out there.

https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Chicago/60628/2380308

#14622 4 years ago

With the number of guys flipping machines in Omaha, it's going to go fast, if there aren't offers being sent already.

-Hans

#14638 4 years ago

That Flash Gordon in Omaha has sold, I couldn’t stop myself from asking, but of course it’s long gone.

#14729 4 years ago

Gutted 'King Tut' cab and head.
Just the cabinetry, but looks to be a low numbers title, and in decent condition at at.

If it was a higher production game, and lower price, I might have gone for it for a homebrew concept I'm toying with.
But looks too nice and rare for me to do that.

-Hans

#14736 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

If someone who didn't know what a pinball machine was asked me to draw a pinball machine in under 30 seconds the King Tut playfield would probably be close to what I would come up with. Just about as bland of a design as you could come up with.

Yeah. Generally the low production numbers happened for a reason with the bigger manufacturers.

-Hans

#14749 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Austin Powers / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 2001
Asking Price: $ 500
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/733314613854079/
OP: Needs work, will consider best offer.

Wow, wonder if it's legit at that price. Given the pin crew in Chicago I'm sure somebody will snag that today if it's real.

-Hans

#14804 4 years ago

Partially re-themed Mata-Hari project. I'll keep my comments in my head on this one.
Definitely a project.

#14806 4 years ago

On a lighter note. I do have a line on a decent stunt pilot EM game, and a williams Road Racer from that shady craigslist a while back. Verified them myself today, those are legit. Road racer is buried under stuff and backglass is very rough.

Anybody interested at all possibly? No price yet to provide.

1 week later
#14912 4 years ago

The Omaha "Salsa" Mata-Hari just dropped 50% in price today, now down to 300.

That actually puts it into prime restoration territory now, ready for hard-top, new backglass, and a stencil set.

-Hans

1 week later
#14996 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

It almost looks home made??? I was wondering the same thing......

By the size and shape, I'd say they re-topped a Ms Pac or something similar

#15002 4 years ago

So that 'State Fair' ad on craigslist a couple months back, that I said was mostly fake, and only a couple games were probably real? After 7 years I finally managed to get some games out of the place. Stunt Pilot is off to another pinsider soon, the others I haven't decided which one I'm keeping and which one I'm parting with.

All that's left in that shop now for complete games are a few bingos, and a poor condition Williams 'Road Race' that I didn't feel was worth haggling over.

games (resized).JPGgames (resized).JPG
#15009 4 years ago

Decided to post that Stunt Pilot for sale. Just too many things going on and nowhere to put it.

Leaving it as-found. Works but needs to be cleaned up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87805

3 weeks later
#15212 4 years ago

Black Hole project that looks to be well priced, in Iowa.
I'm not a big fan of Black Hole, unfortunately.

desmoines.craigslist.org link

#15230 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I'm sure that Pinsider is still very grateful for your help.

Very much so, yes, I am.

#15235 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I thought he was talking about the time that he went and looked at a pin for me.

LOL seems we've got a serial helper on our hands.

1 week later
#15254 4 years ago

I'm just too burned out right now, too many projects, putting another one on the sales block.
Apollo Moon Shot EM gun game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/89549

1 week later
#15304 4 years ago

$2k Minneapolis whitewater with at least a busted DMD. Smells legit but gotta move fast. I’m going to watch and cry from the land of close enough but not enough available cash.

2 weeks later
#15522 4 years ago

Freddy bare cabinet, claimed to be in good shape, in Minneapolis for cheap.

1 week later
#15632 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I keep hearing about people getting free pinballs. I'm due.

It's fake news. Free pins aren't real.

-Hans

#15681 4 years ago

Link had been showing a decent looking Bally Lost World.

-Hans

#15713 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

This runs on a system 7 mpu, and they’re hard to find.

System 7 CPU board, but a unique driver board that is only used in Hyperball which is part driver board and part alphanumeric display controller.

-Hans

#15726 4 years ago

Agreed! Guys like Colsond are why I come to pinside, there's some very good people around here.

And yeah, there are free machines from time to time, I have actually seen a couple here and elsewhere. But I'm also not greedy. If it's not a machine I'm interested in, I've passed on a few to let them get into the hands of people who did legitimately want them.

-Hans

#15750 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Ive always loved the sound of my Folk speakers.

They have all the good brands. Splony, Plankasonic. Hey look! Magnetbox!

1 week later
#15826 4 years ago

I normally don’t intrude in these things anymore, but I got to know Crispin back when I lived in NY. Good guy, and knowing him (and the rest of that social group) was a big part of me getting so involved in the hobby.

Knowing him it was probably an impulse buy, he got it cleaned up and working, and decided he just didn’t like it. Always been open and honest about games he buys and sells. his collection tends to have some oddballs from time to time and he sometimes buys games “sight unseen” and just doesn’t connect with them.

2 weeks later
#15902 4 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

6 games/parts machines. Listed at 1000, ad says make offer.

Lol was just coming here to post that. There was a time I’d have jumped on that but just too much going on right now and none of the titles really interest me.

1 week later
#15981 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Rollergames
Williams
Price:$720
OP:Williams roller games pinball machine
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/236050307549517/

Man, I'd jump on this with both feet right now if I had a way to get it here at that price.

-Hans

#15991 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I live 10 min away, trying to get ahold of him now.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes so we can be jealous.

#16013 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Need advice...looking at a Firepower project with a damaged head...don't really want to build one.
Seems like finding one would be simple enough...
Which heads would be "plug and play" compatible? Any early Williams SS?
Does anyone have actual plans to build a head?
Feel free to PM...
Thanks

I'm not aware of any plans out there, but they're all the same as far as I know.

1 week later
#16059 4 years ago

A month ago I'd be pushing hard to get this F2K home. Looks to be a minor project at under a grand.

#16079 4 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Road Kings - listed on the Mar. 25 Big Iron auction site under other recreation category. Mostly working .Shelby Nebraska

Link to that one. Looks like a minor project, really clean cabinet.

https://www.bigiron.com/Lots/WilliamsElectronicsGamesRoadKings542PinBallMachine

#16089 4 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Just sold for $1,200 plus sales tax any pinsider get this just wondering[quoted image]

$1,200? For a partially working road-kings? Ouch.

#16153 4 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

My guess is South Dakota. It's gotta be far but not insanely too far.

If it’s at uncle ted’s pawn shop, wear the hazmat gear. That place has reached a new level of nasty the past few years. And that was before Covid broke loose in that town.

#16220 3 years ago

Nevermind, my info was wrong.

-Hans

1 week later
#16421 3 years ago

siouxfalls.craigslist.org link

I know nothing of old slot machines but this one is cheap and local to me. Not really my thing. No idea if these oddball Evans machines are collectible or not.

#16427 3 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I would grab it if it was local to us. What can you buy for $150 these days? Looks like something very different and seems like a steal of a deal at that price!

I did seriously consider it. But EM machines and I rarely get along, and I've got too many things going on right now. I could probably fit one or two more somewhere, but I'm at the point where I need to stick with things I'm actually interested in.

1 week later
#16528 3 years ago

Unidentified Bally EM from an abandoned storage unit, Rock Valley, Iowa. Looks like a Hocus Pocus missing the backglass. Can probably grab super cheap from the description.

#16530 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Very rare game--I've only seen 2 of those pop up for sale in the past 5 years or so.

I just BARELY missed snagging one about 6 months ago locally for $40.

-Hans

#16535 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Great.......no backglass. Finally find one near me and it’s missing the piece I need.

Even worse, the backglass actually IS there, and it's right in front of the backbox. There is absolutely no artwork left on it, it's completely clear glass now. Bottom of the backbox looks rotted too.

-Hans

#16546 3 years ago

Now that things are starting to calm down, I'm going to put some feelers out again to sell my Apollo Moon Shot Rifle.

I spent a good chunk of today cleaning out a few wiring hacks, and it's close to running right, but I'm just not an EM guy. Would love to find a good home for it. Cabinet is solid, and at the moment it starts and runs a game, but I'm not getting any scoring. Still a few creative wiring things to fix that I haven't gotten around to.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/89549

-Hans

#16568 3 years ago

Brookfield, WI?

Somebody get that sucker on the WI/MN thread, there's a LOT of guys in that area that could help out I'm sure, particularly the MGC crowd.

-Hans

#16606 3 years ago

Road Kings here on Pinside for $600 -- the transformer & boards are worth more than that!
Good players machine you could "borrow" boards from for something else until you find a nicer cabinet.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/95821

Too bad that’s not closer. Good deal for somebody.

#16619 3 years ago

Man, anybody near that big guns that can facilitate for me? I’d love to grab that.

Edit:

Just sent a reply to the ad, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I've wanted a Big Guns for a while so going to shoot for this one.

-Hans

#16621 3 years ago

I'm sure my email to them went straight into the trash bin, or it's already been claimed by a local, but you never know. Have to at least give it a try. Even if I have to have STI haul it for me it's worth it.

-Hans

1 week later
#16667 3 years ago

Out of room or I’d be all over that F2k. Stupid gun game that I haven’t finished up yet.

#16698 3 years ago

Can i talk you out of a single coin switch bracket set? I’m missing on a CC game I have.

#16700 3 years ago

Came up empty when I asked over there, and in a couple other 'club' threads.

-Hans

#16716 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I'd be probably pick this up myself if my current project list wasn't as long and if I had the budget.
Bally Vampire EM 1971 - $300 (Denver area)
denver.craigslist.org link
OP: Playfield is pretty good, the cabinet is chewed up on one side but pretty good for the rest of it. Backglass is cracked. Could be a fun project for someone. Untested as is

Neat looking machine. Very outside the norm for an EM when it comes to artwork.

-Hans

#16732 3 years ago

Decent deal, not a huge bargain. If the boss hadn't put her foot down for the time being, I'd be all over the Vector.

-Hans

#16736 3 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

I'll throw these two projects out there since I've got a backlog of them right now. Williams El Toro and Bally Champ. Both kinda play but have ball count issues that I haven't attempted to tackle yet. Also have a William San Francisco in storage I could add to the right deal - similar condition to El Toro - cabinet painted white though). Anyone interested in a 2 (or 3) for 1? I'm about as ecclectic as it gets with my pinball tastes - so feel free to try me.
Chicopee, MA (next to Springfield)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Gotta love Champ. As far as I know the only pinball machine with a big enough ego to so prominently put a picture of itself on itself.

-Hans

#16741 3 years ago

Selling them as a lot they are worth around $5k (give or take a few dollars). Seller is looking for a sucker dumb enough to buy them - "fishing" not selling.
Some of you guys will say I am too low but I have bought and sold over 600 machines in the past 10 or 12 years and I know what the deal is when you see groups of machines for sale like this. If you are buying them to fix up and keep MAYBE $7500 for the lot but if you are hoping to buy them and keep one or two machines from the lot good luck getting out from under the rest at anything more than about $5k.
I am sure someone is "crazy" enough to overpay for them but it will not be me!

The more I look at it, the more I completely agree. At its core, it's mostly MPU-100 and System 1 machines, with an EM and a couple decline-era Bally machines thrown in. Not exactly cream of the crop for the era and probably been sitting a LONG time. The only one I'd say is even interesting is the Vector. If you've got plenty of time on your hands and are lucky with the condition you could MAYBE break even on that deal, but I doubt it. Most likely a couple of them will probably be 'decent', most will need some work, and a few will be basket cases. The more desired titles will sell quick, a few will linger, and a couple will grow roots and never leave. After a while you'll dump the last few for cheap to be rid of them and be down about $1,500 plus a hundred hours of of work put into them.

-Hans

#16743 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

that is funny, I offered $5k.

At $5k it would likely work out. With an e-bay lot like that you just never know, he may accept it outside of e-bay for cash.

-Hans

#16766 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

If you are brave enough
High Speed
Williams
Price: $300 OBO
OP:THIS HAS BEEN SITTING FOR YEARS AND NEEDS WORK 300.00 OR BEST OFFER
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/287943862596982/

That picture looks familiar for some reason. Either way, needs a complete new cabinet.

-Hans

#16788 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Cool game. Not the greatest shooter, but the ruleset makes up for it.

And it's gone.

-Hans

#16793 3 years ago

https://offerup.com/item/detail/816854561/

Headless Segasa-Sonic "Butterfly" in Texas. Looks like other than the missing head it's not really too hacked up yet.

#16804 3 years ago

I'm with the other guys, that machine is in phenomenal condition from what I can see. Would make somebody a very happy purchase.

-Hans

#16805 3 years ago

Apparently free Bow and Arrow in Minnesota.

brainerd.craigslist.org link

#16853 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Star Race
Gottlieb
Price:$800
OP:I bought this Star Race pinball machine as a project about a year ago and decided to go with another pin instead. It has a new rotten dog driver board. It also has a new rotten dog MPU. I was getting close to getting it running. I think it’s an issue with the door or kill switch. The game lights up like it is ready to play. Wide body. Gottlieb system 80. Early solid state pin. The play field is very nice. The back glass is amazing. $800 takes it home.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/199473671175885/

Looks in pretty good shape too. Pretty good deal actually if the ad is accurate.

-Hans

1 week later
#16930 3 years ago

Close to functional Stellar Wars. Looks above average cosmetically, and it's already booting which is a huge plus.

#16936 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmasher:

Well I got it thanks buddy!
[quoted image]

Sweet! I had one for a few years when all my games were Steve Ritchie machines, neat game with a lot of drop targets. Almost looks like an evolution from Superman when you compare them. Wax the hell out of it and it really can play quicker than you'd think for a older widebody.

#16950 3 years ago

I went to NAPA and they honed the cylinder and rebuild it and fixed up everything for $100. A bit expensive, but holy crap is it worth it.
This Wico Cart was the best thing I’ve ever bought.

Oh, so THAT'S the question. I thought here was asking about score reels on an EM named Dolly.

-Hans

1 week later
#17014 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Thought about it...but decided to post instead.
Gottlieb Arena: $600

LOL was just about to do the same. If I was closer I'd join in the race, but no way I'd get there in time.

-Hans

#17057 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

I emailed about this. Was anyone else going for it? I could pick up this weekend but figured it would be gone by then. I need a project.

Tempted but not a good time for me

#17075 3 years ago

Genie at a good price in Minneapolis.

Doesn't have keys, doesn't start when he puts in quarters...... could be full of money!

#17088 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

THE UNICORN FREE PINBALL MACHINE!!
The Atarians
Price: FREE
OP: Pinball machine turns on when plugged in does not operate free to someone that wants it bring friends to get it out
Link:https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2628342074044685/

Good score for somebody. I hope a pinsider grabs it.

-Hans

#17111 3 years ago

I've pared my list down quite a lot, because I've had a few pass through as 'good deals' that just didn't hold up for me. I only have one current stinker on the list (Cybernaut) mainly because I like the artwork. Viper is probably in the same category but I have played it and wouldn't mind playing it again. Everything else are games that I know I like to play and want in the collection.

#17115 3 years ago

Man, another time I'd probably be bidding any not sharing this one.
Jungle Lord - red cabinet, in Madison, WI. Starting cheap on Auctionzip.

https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/jungle-lord-pinball-machine-williams-electronics_3A84962883/

#17150 3 years ago

Looks in great shape too, at that price it's a steal.

-Hans

#17250 3 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I reached out, I’ll let you know

Good Luck!

#17284 3 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Delta Queen, Counterforce, and Star Race
$3000 for all. Seems like a great deal, especially for that Star Race!
They all light up but don't play.
Located in Kentucky.
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/685809198817421
Wish I had the dough, daaaamn!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ain't that the truth. I'd have loved to grab the Star Race.

-Hans

#17302 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Pinside is just a small pool that skews numbers heavily toward newer games. Lot of older collectors who don't use this and homeowners out there that will never list there game on here.

I mean, this is a 17 thousand post thread all about finding those non-pinside deals.

-Hans

#17322 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I saw that this morning.....i bet its sold

I'd put dollars to donuts that Mike Hooker snagged it already.

#17334 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I called yesterday 40 minutes after it was listed & left my number. No response back. At least it was only a Popeye.
Who's this Joe in Commack guy? Sounds like a real piece of work.

Joe in Commack? I wonder if that's the guy I bought my WhiteWater from.

-Hans

#17448 3 years ago

Decent looking Flash Gordon just south of Fargo. No idea on the price, but I did e-mail to ask. I probably won't be going for it.

#17466 3 years ago

Huh. 2nd Silverball I've heard of today. Trying to clear space to buy the one local.

-Hans

1 week later
#17552 3 years ago

Middle of nowhere on that Barracora, near West Yellowstone. Not much local competition for it.

-Hans

#17574 3 years ago

This Embryon has a few cabinet and playfield flaws, so an easy cosmetic project. The ad has been up for a few weeks now and regularly getting updated and I'm very tempted but out of room. I'd say you can probably get it down a bit more possibly. Originally listed I think at $1800?

#17585 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Weekend price of $1300. Go get it!

Been considering it. I'm just not in the mood to deal with that much playfield wear right now. If I had space, and it was a game I was actively looking for, I'd probably have already grabbed it.

-Hans

1 week later
#17768 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

My co-worker bought one of these new and wants me to take it for $100, I said- "youll pay me $100?" lol Are most of the parts on these the same as the full size machine (except the digital displays)?

The board set is unique to the home edition machines, none of the electronics work in the full size stuff.

#17789 3 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

$20 Tri-Zone? Finally a project priced right...
greenbay.craigslist.org link

Wow, looks to be quite decent condition too!

-Hans

3 weeks later
#18209 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Hmmmmmmm I do need to bring my pedal steel up to Bangor soon so maybe I"ll make the trip for that big shot. Bummer that the front of the cabinet is so destroyed and that there's no playfield pictures.
Edit: somewhere between "holy shit" and "my god" and "why the hell would anybody do this" turns out they used to hang these two games FROM THE GOD DAMNED CEILING. I literally cannot think of a more useless, dangerous, and completely insane use of a pinball machine.
[quoted image]

Well, there is supposedly that bar in Holland that has 4 machines hanging off the wall in a similar fashion. Tragically they are the ONLY 4 of that machine ever made.

-Hans

3 weeks later
#18522 3 years ago

Normally I wouldn't post this rough looking of an old flipperless machine, but it does look to be very complete, and the backglass appears to be in fantastic shape

"Mystery" by Exhibit.

1 week later
#18575 3 years ago

Pretty rough wedgehead here for $100 to the NE of Omaha. Gut tells me you could probably knock the price down from there.

#18631 3 years ago

Here's one you don't see too often. Anybody up near Brainerd?
Game Plan 'Lizard' for $500

I'm tempted but going to pass on it myself. A bit further than I want to drive right now.

brainerd.craigslist.org link

#18633 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just watched "Fargo" yesterday. No thanks. That's how they lure you in. Lololol!!
Pinballs for us are like clowns with balloons in sewers for kids.

Its a goood deal dontcha know. You betcha!

1 month later
#18929 3 years ago

Future Spa, not far from Sioux Falls.

Thought about it, decided to pass.

#18953 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

The retheme on that machine is a head scratcher.

Valley Fair is a theme park just south of Minneapolis known for their rollercoasters, and the Jolly Green Giant is from Minnesota and features heavily in Minnesota advertising. I wonder if there was some tie-in at some point between the two.

I wonder how the hell it ended up in Georgia though.

Are you picking this one up PapaKilo?

1 month later
#19307 3 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Black Knight
Project looking pin for sale here.....
https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Lancaster/93535/2766132

bit of a diamond in the rough there Looks like it's got fresh rubbers, LED's, new plastics, new pop bumper cap, and seems to be maintained..... other than needing a playfield or hardtop possibly. Could be a good score for somebody. Hard to tell but even the playfield may be decent. Boots up too!

-Hans

#19356 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

It's back: (Gottlieb Star Race)
littlerock.craigslist.org link
Only 870 made.

If that was closer I'd be all over it. Damn.

#19380 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

For those of you tired of collecting pinball machines, start collecting “ping-ball” coffee tables.
Atarians
Atari ss
$125 obo
Sioux City, SD
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1689746341285677/permalink/2717281688532132/
Guy posted a link on Facebook and said that it was at a thrift store for eight weeks at $400. Thrift store closed and they’ll probably take any offer.

Damn! I wanted to grab that the first time it was up last year, but didn’t make it. Any sign of a head box? Had one previously

#19384 3 years ago

Wow, what a deal! That game is ridiculously rare and uses real chimes. Been looking for one for a while.
Hope someone on Pinside got it!

seriously? Somebody that works with my Wife was asking if he should buy it, but since he's a non-technical guy and the game isn't working, I suggested he avoid it.

-Hans

#19389 3 years ago

For Atarians, it's pretty simple. There's no displays in the head, it's only there to hold the backglass and the lamp board. All the boards and displays are in the main cabinet. I don't know if the head dimensions are the same between the Gen1 and Gen2 machines.

1 week later
#19470 3 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I only recently found out the sounds are pot-adjustable on the SB-100. Though I can't confirm because I won't dare touch the one in my Trident. It actually sounds great and must've been adjusted before I got it 20 years ago. I didn't even realize it was "supposed" to be the same horrible, grating sounds that I've heard come out of Dracula, Wild Fyre, and such.

There was also a change in some components that shifted the tones a bit 'deeper' after the first few SB-100 games. So the earlier games were much screechier than the last couple. Those first few SB-100 games sound sooooooo bad that I can't play them.

1 week later
#19626 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

1980 Black Knight - $500, "needs work", Denver area (only 1 pic):

Backglass looks decent, and better than average playfield too. Worth a look for anybody close enough.

-Hans

2 weeks later
#19736 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Lol. Came from a barn. Well at least the op is honest. Doesn't look bad.

Nudge-It is an odd one. For such a rare Gottlieb, they seem to sit around for sale at low prices for quite some time.

-Hans

1 month later
#20283 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Below is a link to a good alternative Raven translite. Unfortunately it won't improve the poor gameplay, but it'll distract you from that poor game play.
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/raven-alternate-translite.html

The thing is, all the problem is rules and software. The layout isn’t bad. It’s almost like there was a bet on how much you could sabotage the game with only the code.

Few games beg for better code more than Raven.

1 week later
#20382 2 years ago

Decent looking Paragon in SoCal for $1200 BIN on E-Bay.

#20384 2 years ago
Quoted from TZ:

FYI - for those interested, it is not BIN, it is an auction and secondly it is in NorCal (Oakland)

Looks like they changed it since I posted. Could have sworn it was BIN when I looked at it earlier today.

Sorry about the location confusion... I've only rarely been to the west coast.

-Hans

#20387 2 years ago

Bally Gold Ball in Lincoln, NE for $1k OBO.

Some light and switch issues. Otherwise looks decent.

lincoln.craigslist.org link

#20420 2 years ago

The STTNG is definitely a scam. Saw that same set of pictures / prices showing up all over the place in many different locations

-Hans

1 week later
#20483 2 years ago

I keep finding more references to 6-7/8’s

Such as a Jazz band, and all sorts of stuff.

There’s got to be a meaning behind it

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#20485 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115025
Looks like a good deal for someone who really wants to take a weekend repinning connectors

Huh. If it was closer I'd be all over that. But I'm already making a 20 hour round trip next weekend for my next project.

-Hans

#20501 2 years ago

Best I can come up with for 6-7/8.....

There was a Jazz band formed in the 1910's era, and active until around the 40's. Edmond “Doc” Souchon’s 6 7/8 String Band. They had 7 members (initially), with their 7th member being noticeably shorter than the rest. This is the earliest, and only explained version, that I can find where the number comes up.

-Hans

2 weeks later
#20581 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Can you seriously go in and tune each individual sound?
The issue is that the notes of the triad are designed to be musical but are out of tune from one another in an egregious way.

Kinda, and not always. There's IIRC 4 frequency generators, and a couple tones are made by frequency dividers of those initial generators. So there is some ability to tune but it's imprecise and only certain things can be tuned.

It'll still sound terrible though, just a different tone of terrible that is potentially 'better'.

3 weeks later
#20788 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Posted on Mr Pinball this AM:
16 Machines, 1960s & 70s Gottlieb, Williams, Bally, United, Midway: DEPPENDS

Sounds like just buying any of those is the bigger project. About the only way I'd respond to that ad is if it was directly on my daily commute.

#20803 2 years ago
Quoted from Hairball:

Chicago Coin Kilroy
$200
Flipperless wood rail
Bloomington, MN
Ad has been up over a week.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/444267063340195/
OP:
not working, easy project, EM electro mechanical hard to find good shape for 74 years old, rare located in bloomington mn, you pick up
needs-
1.set of rubbers
2. 2 locks
3. new power cord
simple tinkering, clean the contacts, couple bulbs, clean up the machine, there is not much to these old games
keep it vintage looking with the patina, has not had flippers added (operators would later add flippers to these)
Many games manufactured just prior to 1947 may have had EM flippers retrofitted into them by their operators in an attempt to keep these games profitable on location after new games were released with flippers. These games will still be designated as flipperless, because they were manufactured without flippers, even if a particular instance of the game is pictured in the listing with the retrofit. These retrofit flippers can be found in various locations on the playfields, as operators fit them in wherever there was room and wherever they did not interfere with existing wiring.
already disassembled-ei- legs removed, head removed, ready for transport
[quoted image][quoted image]

That ad's been on craigslist for months...... and the craigslist ad is for $100

-Hans

1 week later
#20839 2 years ago

Here's an odd one, probably for cheap based on a few things no longer in the ad...

Bally "Spinner" game. Really not sure how to describe this other than a mix of Poker meets "Hungry Hungry Hippos"

#20842 2 years ago

Oh don’t tell me that. I’ve got too many projects already

#20846 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Based on the lid on top, isn't that a metal cooler that was set up in a store? I don't think this dispensed sodas.

Does say it has "the racks" and calls it a "bottle machine". So I think it's a dispensing cooler.

But man, I've got too many things going on, and it's well outside my wheelhouse. I'm just about to start listing some stuff on craigslist and such to save up money for new pedals for my racing sim.

-Hans

3 weeks later
#20983 2 years ago

It's got a new mpu driver board, I would imagine it's going to shoot up in price by the end of the day.

Yes, but he's also got the drop target boards in the wrong order, so probably having some reset issues with them. If anybody here grabs it, just shoot me a message and I can get you sorted out.

Didn't blackout have speech? If so, it's missing the speech board.

-Hans

#20987 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Well how would you know about the drop target boards I wonder?
Awesome of you to offer the technical help if a Pinsider (or anyone I'm sure) picks it up.
Are speech boards hard to come by?

Kohout makes speech boards at a very decent price. I'd easily recommend it.

-Hans

2 weeks later
#21085 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Bally Frontier project game located in MN on eBay:

Same seller also has a "Pinball", Funhouse, and a Speakeasy for sale.

-Hans

2 months later
#21572 2 years ago

Up in Fargo, there's a partly working gameplan Atilla the Hun.
Been there for a bit. No sound, needs playfield touchup work and a coil.

#21592 2 years ago

I’ve been trying to contact this guy for a while. It’s popped up a few times. Seems like they don’t wanna sell! Lol.

Either that or it already sold, and they lost the link to take the ad down, so they're just ignoring all the people still trying to contact.

-Hans

2 weeks later
#21664 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone interested in a Flight 2000 project game? I probably won't have time to mess with it, so I thought I'd throw it up and see if there was any interest. I posted a pricing help thread and the consensus was $600 if I wanted to start a bidding war and have people falling all over themselves for it and up to $1200 if I wanted to sit on it and wait for someone that really wanted one.
I'm thinking $900 sounds fair based on what has sold recently. Here is the pricing thread. I'll obviously donate if it sells.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pricing-help#post-6532793

Let me start with an obligatory "I wish this was closer" post.

4 weeks later
#21846 2 years ago

Split Second on the east side of Minneapolis for 1K. Unshopped, cabinet needs a repaint, but a hell of a deal.
I'd grab it if I thought it'd still be available on the weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1752622985128345/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

Edit: Marked as Sold now.

#21862 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Glad that's not close. Seller paid $1800 10-15 years ago? No pics. I found two of these as projects under $500 in the last couple years.

I'm just as glad. If this was on the West side of Iowa I'd probably try and grab it..... and I don't even like MPU-100 games.

-Hans

1 month later
#22205 2 years ago

Rollercoaster tycoon having some electrical issues, doesn't seem too serious, a bit spendy for a 'project'..... but these days prices are all goofy anyway.

nesd.craigslist.org link

-Hans

1 month later
#22519 2 years ago

4x System 7-11 power supplies
2x DE power supplies
3x system 3-7 drivers boards
1x system 6 CPU board
2x bally/stern drier board
2x System 11 / DE CPU boards

Not sure the 4x driver boards on the top-left.
Looks like maybe a pair of Gameplan lamp boards.
About a half dozen I can't ID off the top of my head.

2 weeks later
#22784 1 year ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Nothing gets the blood flowing like a tempered glass discussion! Is it hot in here?!

If it gets too hot, we can always smash the tempered window and get a good breeze flowing through.

3 weeks later
#23033 1 year ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Wow. Just wow. $800 Paragon (working) in the Denver area:
OP: Parting out this Totally ruined disgusting Bally paragon pinball machine, the only thing it got for it is that is fully working, and complete, complete s**t I meant, prefer to part it out and wipe it out the face of this earth but will sell the whole circus if you want it.

Damn. I'd actually buy that if it were closer, just for the epic restore thread I could do on here.
But if somebody was looking at a full restore, everything is available. Playfield, backglass, stencils, and plastics.

#23036 1 year ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Ahh, the devil made me do it...Tasmanian devil that is... All in all, if you have a trashed paragon before parts were available, why not try your (albeit inexperienced) hands at a retheme...[quoted image]

All in all, if you're looking to do a whole-hog restore on a Paragon.... it's not a bad deal.

1 week later
#23132 1 year ago

That's the Spirit! This is the "Project Pins" thread after all.

Heck, just call John and have a whole new cabinet shipped your way if the cabinet is in that bad condition.

If the bagatelle is in good enough shape for an artwork sample, maybe Outside Edge would be interested in doing a mini-hardtop for it. They already do the main playfield.

-Hans

#23141 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

IDK, maybe more like 6+ yrs ago.. 3 yrs ago, this title was already on a lot of radars. I'm glad a local friend has one I can play once in a while, and glad these are on the radars so more can be saved.

The other thing too is that compared to either 3 or 6 years ago, the stuff needed to restore this game is far more available now than it was before. 6 years ago comparatively few people would have had the parts and skills to fix that Catacomb. Today? We're 23,141 posts into a thread about finding projects just like this.

-Hans

#23264 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Just wanted to say thank you for saying that, it's all I was trying to do. There's always a variety of perspectives out there. Maybe some day I'll be on the other side of it thanks to this thread.
More on topic - those of you that post deals frequently, Do you put in the extra effort to weed out the scams every time? I feel like we don't see many of those posted here, so I'm assuming the answer is yes. I think a lot of people have become savvy on figuring out the fake ads, which is nice.

I do try to weed out scams as best I can, or specify if I've got concerns. I've had a couple which looked like scams turn out to be legit, and have helped get a few rare games to buyers that otherwise would still probably be rotting where they were at the time I found them.

I also do understand your concern, which is one reason I rarely post up a deal the moment I find it. Usually I post up projects that have been advertised for a couple days, or cases where I might not be interested for myself but am in a position to help facilitate getting the game to a pinsider.

-Hans

#23265 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Black Knight
Williams SS
$600
Albuquerque, NM
Pinsider: 1iblind
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-black-knight-project#post-6945533
OP: This is a project game or maybe a parts game.
The power cord was cut and I haven't attempted to replace it to power it on. Since the transformer is missing a power cord wouldn't do it much good anyway.
Good:
-Cabinet is in pretty good shape considering the condition of the rest of the game.
-Cabinet art isn't too bad either
-Has all the displays and boards.
Bad:
-It has been sitting without a playfield glass for a long time
-Apron is dented
-Backglass is missing
-Lockdown bar is missing
-Batteries have leaked
-No legs or leg bolts
-Missing transformer
-Playfield is rough and planking
For $50 I can pack and pallet for shipping, if needed.

As I mentioned on that thread as well, the transformer may be present, as it's an early machine with the transformer in the head instead of the cabinet, and the transformer CAGE is visible.

I also really really really want the ROM's out of this machine. It's the first time I've seen L2 ROM chips in the field. I've only ever found L3 or L4 in the past.

2 weeks later
#23428 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have a Genie mega-project machine available. Playfield is currently torn down completely, as the previous owner tried to clear it and it is terrible. I was able to remove the clear without damage with rubbing alcohol and a sanding sponge, but only did one small section.
Pictures of the machine are here- https://1drv.ms/f/s!Akk53b-cuRJ0i_BFfQzG88XydoxZFg
$200 without back box boards and displays, $450 with boards and displays. The boards are rotten dog power supply, aftermarket cpu (don’t recall brand), and factory driver board.
It was sold to me as a working project, but I have never fired it up.
Everything about it is rough but saveable based on your skill set.

Why do I get the feeling I've hauled this exact machine in the past?
Not that I could give any info of substance on it, other than it's heavy and takes up a lot of space in a trailer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=HHaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.