pin (resized).jpg
ww (resized).JPG
ww2 (resized).JPG
nne (resized).JPG
19E4C046-C05E-4FCA-8A51-3A8A22907BCD (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

399 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ForceFlow. You are on page 1 of 2.
#73 8 years ago
Quoted from JPscranton:

Stern Stars $300 . Owner says well maintained up until two years ago and has been in their family forever, HUO ? Looks to be in incredible condition :
" target="_blank">philadelphia.craigslist.org link
00S0S_2US8g8JUest_600x450.jpg

Aaaand RIP to that seller's inbox. Cue the bidding war. Let's try to stick to the 48 hour rule That listing hasn't even been up for an hour.

1 month later
#284 8 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

how can you tell if any of the listings are willing to ship? I don't see any info one way or the other. Do uou have to write each one individually?

Are you familiar with craigslist? It's normally local pick-up only, hence the geographical listings.

2 weeks later
#438 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

It looks like a cool game, but IMHO, the more I read the laundry list of problems, the less attractive that price became. At $100 it becomes a turd worth looking into.

Plus, parts are not cheap or easy to find, unlike the ad says.

Yep, the price is too high for an atari project pin.

#471 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

I touched base with the seller, asked for additional pictures and if things looked good I can head up and haven't gotten anything since. I'm finding quite often (even here) that asking for additional pictures is asking to be ignored.

Asking for photos is generally a waste of time. Just go see the game. Sellers usually go for the lowest hanging fruit and if a potential buyer asks too many things, they generally get ignored if there are other buyers lined up.

1 week later
#525 8 years ago

For a production count of 350, I sure have seen airborne avenger a lot more often that all the other atari pins. I have one and a spare populated playfield, and I've passed on 4 others in the past few months. Wish I could have grabbed them just to prevent part-outs, but I only have so much space atari pins are just so huge. But boy, they sure are colorful pieces.

I'm starting to doubt the accuracy of the production count, though...

Then again, if it was a highly desirable title, it would be $10k by Christmas and everyone would want it and it couldn't be had anywhere.

#533 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I can't imagine the survivors are anywhere near the production count. I have never even seen the game in person.

Yep. Of the 4 I saw, I know for a fact two of them were parted out.

I also know of nearly a dozen other Atari pins that were parted out within the last year.

Folks are quick to part these games out, so their numbers are rapidly dwindling. Pretty soon, there will be hardly any of them left, which is a shame.

1 week later
#580 8 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

Ive been trying to make contact on the Firepower for as long as the post has been active. Something is wrong with the link or its been deleted already....<sigh>

The listing was deleted. It probably didn't last 10 minutes.

2 weeks later
#701 8 years ago
Quoted from Catch86:

No way. That has to be a scam.

The photos were pulled directly from the IPDB page.

#705 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

The nearly 12 year old picture with a 2004 timestamp is gold. Definitely a joke/scam.

As I mentioned above, the photos were swiped from IPDB.

1 week later
#799 8 years ago
Quoted from helicopter:

I have some interest in the 911 on ebay, what is it worth the way it sits? I know it is only about a $1200 machine in good working condition.

That particular machine is going to be difficult to restore. It's missing some unobtainable pieces, such as the helicopter's arm, all the helicopter parts and plastic. The speaker panel can be recreated (or pulled from a parts game), especially since PBR still carries the grills. The speaker panel plastic is only available from Germany--it'll probably cost around $75-$80 USD to get shipped.

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/rescue-911/4193/rescue-911-display-cover

Probably figure $200 on helicopter parts, $150 for a DMD, $15 to cut a new speaker panel, $40 for speakers, $16 for speaker grills, $15 for wire, connectors, and hardware, $80 for the speaker panel plastic. Plus a missing flipper button, and also probably flipper switches--$25. Also all the missing flippers--the assemblies are probably gone too--$200. I imagine there are also a few other surprise missing components/assemblies.

So, that's probably $750 in parts right there. That's *just* for the missing pieces. No telling if the topper is missing too or not. Plus all the replacement parts you need for rebuilding/repairing flippers and other assemblies. Probably another $250.

All in all, I probably wouldn't go over $300.

#800 8 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Manufacturer: Allied Leisure
Game/Type: Rock On / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1975
Production: ?
Cost: $300 starting bid
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Vintage Allieds Jj Walker And Janet Jackson Rock On Pinball Machine 1966 300
Condition: Described as excellent. Says it needs a fuse.
Home use only? Has a non-commercial blank front door.
IPDB - 'Rock On' may be the first solid state game put into production by any manufacturer.

The wiring in the backbox is all hacked up on that one. Ugh. It doesn't look like you'll be able to separate the head, since someone used wire nuts in place of the connectors.

Also, it looks like the line-em-up board and display (an early version of the game over ball match) aren't present in the home models.

#802 8 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

meh. Get a couple molex plugs.
No line-em-up on a free-play game. No spot for it on the backglass even. No credit board. No credit display. I wonder if there are any differences in other boards?
Interesting contraption for sure.

It looks like the other boards carry the same model numbers, but there's no telling if components are missing/swapped without close-ups.

Sorting through the wiring on that game and figuring out which wires go where is a bit of a nightmare on this game--the cabinet wiring schematics aren't terrific. I'm trying to sort through the wires on my game to track down a fuse that keeps blowing.

#807 8 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

yeah there is....
Where's the neck?
btw check the note... not really a "home model".. says they made 2 or 3 for VIP party favors. How cool is that.

Hah, didn't even notice that---the neck *is* missing.

#822 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Looks like the wear areas around the flipper buttons have been painted black. Still looks decent, BIG bargain if it really works 100%

Whenever a craigslist ad says a game looks perfect/mint or plays 100%, it's usually best to assume the exact opposite.

I saw an ad a few months back where a seller was claiming "plays 100%", but the flippers were completely missing from the playfield....

#824 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Did the seller reply with "ya know, I never noticed that before" "worked fine for me the other day"

I didn't bother contacting the seller about that one. If I recall, it had a rediculous over-inflated price tag.

1 week later
#910 8 years ago
Quoted from e_lectro:

If you have not seen, he is now demanding someone to pay his price or he will destroy the machine. There is even a cutoff date.
chicago.craigslist.org link

Really? Nobody can cough up $300 for it? That would be gone in a hot second here in the northeast.

#914 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Why? Non working boards, no backglass and all parts removed from playfield so who knows how many are missing or broke. You'd be paying $300 for a cabinet, worn pf and wire looms.

Oh, I didn't catch the thing about the backglass. Oh well But--I've seen the inner and outer glass kicking around on ebay for while, so you wouldn't be completely SOL.

Boards can be repaired, so I don't consider that too big of an issue. But, I realize that will deter some folks if they can't do that sort of work.

They playfield wear didn't look too bad--most of the time, the playfields I see on this game are completely blown out.

#919 8 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

That space invaders machine has only been on and off craigslist for the better part of a year now. First his price was somewhere around 700. Now it's going to be destroyed. Do you think he's going to post pictures of the machine destroyed? How will we ever know the fate of space invaders?

From the sound of that, I'd guess he tried to fix it a few times, but got frustrated with it.

3 weeks later
#1175 8 years ago

Selling a Gottlieb Buck Rogers project pin: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-buck-rogers-gottlieb-1980-project-pin

[edit]: Sold!

2 weeks later
#1466 8 years ago

Various Bally pins that look salvagable/restorable that were submerged almost up to the playfields during hurricane sandy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superstorm-sandy-fathom-lucky-or-stupid

I would be tempted to grab a couple if I wasn't already up to my eyeballs in projects that need a lot of attention

3 weeks later
#1664 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

This Judge Dredd is worth $140 - or not.
Manufacturer: Midway
Game/Type: Judge Dredd / SS Widebody 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1993
Production: 6,990
Cost: $140
Link/Contact: " target="_blank">phoenix.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "In good working order with Deadworld Mod installed. Some blubs have been replaced with LEDs but not all. Cabinet has deep rich color. Playfield is very good condition."
Okay guys and gals, here is the deal on these 'too good to be true' pinball machines for $140. I sent an email on a similar pinball and this is what I got back:
"I'm sorry to say i sold this to another guy. But i wont hide where i got it from. I picked up 2 brand new ones for under $70 from *****.com It's very easy to win. The trick is to bid only when the counter hits 4 seconds."
It was so nice of him to let me in on his little secret!
Oh, the sacrifices I make for my Project Pin Pinballers!
Oh yeah, the first 'pinball for $140' was a Williams Cyclone and the ad is still listed. Amazing! Perhaps the first buyer didn't come through! The contact information was located in the make / manufacturer: section. I don't know if this is Phoenix only, but this is the second ad I've seen. Moral of the story, don't waste your time on these!

These scam ads have been popping up all over in the last couple weeks. The two red flags are the price and the mangled Gmail address in the post. Most people supply their email address through craigslist rather than posting it in public.

#1677 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Hey guys, this unit is a bit beyond my knowledge, I was able to find the following info from ipdb, is this worth anything?
Super Star / IPD No. 3892 / 1976 / 1 Player
Manufacturer: Briarwood, A Division Of Brunswick Manufacturing Company (1976-1980)
Type: Electro-mechanical (EM)
Specialty: Non-Commercial Machine [Home Model]
Notable Features: Flippers (4), Pop bumpers (2).

Super_Star_(resized).jpg

Non-commercial pins don't fetch very much. $200 if fully working and if you want to sit on it a while. $100 and it will probably move.

#1679 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Kinda what I figured, I know that it's in excellent physical condition, and I was simply told "It's not working".

Not working? $25-$50.

#1681 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I'll tell her to send it to the landfill, end of story.

Seems like that would be a shame. Surely someone could cough up $25 for it, at least.

1 week later
#1759 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Whew... dunno what the Williams art team was smoking back in 1979 but they sure made a lot of awful-looking games that year (and many to follow).

spacecircus_(resized).jpg

First time I saw that one. I had to look it up. That's a wild one, lol

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5573

So apparently, it only made it to the whitewood stage with only 4 backglasses actually being produced.

1 week later
#1851 7 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Bwahahaha here's a good laugh for today. I guess this really belongs in the Craigslist laughs thread ... but it's a project pin too!
Vintage pinball machine playfield for parts or restoration - $300
orlando.craigslist.org link

Image saved for posterity...

and it looks like craigslist is now starting to allow high-res images! woo!

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

1 week later
#1918 7 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Xenon project on eBay... not mine. bid at $560 as I post. Located in New Jersey. If the link doesn't work, search for item number 111990878506
ebay.com link » Xenon Full Size Bally Pinball Machine Xenon First Female Voice Pinball Machine
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

That cabinet is certainly cringeworthy.

1 week later
#1990 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Looks to me that the ripped off the backbox from the cabinet as you can see in the below picture the bolts are still in that backbox. Current bid now is $255.00

Someone probably didn't know how to disassemble it properly, and just forced the backbox down. Those breaks in the wood look pretty fresh.

At least the playfield looks good.

#1992 7 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Indeed. Will be interesting to see the auction sell price.... 5 days from now.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

It will probably go for a small fortune. It's ebay.

#2038 7 years ago
Quoted from lmsybiatb:

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Flash
Month/Year: 1979
Cost: $599
Link/Contact: columbus.craigslist.org link
"Might need a little tune up or just a simple fuse." Lol
The owner took horrible pics, but the game does appear to be in good shape for the price.

Aside from the flipper drag marks, the playfield looks pretty good from the photo.

#2075 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Star Trek / SS
Month/Year: January 1978
Production: 16,842
Cost: Buy it now $399.99 or Starting Bid $299.99
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Untested Bally Star Trek Pinball Game Unrestored Condition

Game/Type: Ro Go / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1973
Production: 3,075
Cost: Buy it now $259.99 or Starting Bid $199.99
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Untested Bally Ro Go Pinball Game Unrestored Condition

Yeesh. The first photo made me cringe, but repros are available, so that didn't seem like a huge deal. Then I saw the second horror photo.

#2106 7 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

If the winning bidder backed out the seller can offer "second chance" to the #2 bidder so it seems a little odd the seller re-listed instead.

Not everyone is aware of this feature.

#2140 7 years ago

The infamous Dragon.....I believe Bowen said the sound the game makes when you knock down a dragon is the most annoying sound in pinball.
PAPA guys were having a lot of fun playing it in the below gameplay video...lots of giggling.
http://pinballvideos.com/?v=152

I find the sound simply hilarious.

#2142 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Craigslist seems to have been hit by a huge spam bomb today. Can't find anything except imaginary trucks and cars and boats. All from what appear to be procedurally generated Gmail addresses.
Grrrrrrr. I want their computers to explode right in their face!

It's been happening off and on for a couple weeks.

3 months later
#3103 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I usually use a piece of packing tape just on big pieces to seal them down.

Ugh, that just makes the backglass harder to restore later when it gets worse. My Pharaoh has a backglass like that, and it's completely ruined and unrestorable because of packing tape being used on sections of it.

Packing tape is a short-term fix at best.

1 week later
#3250 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I only use small pieces of packing tape only on big flakes that have "bubbled"as a last resort on glasses that are really bad. I usually end up getting a repro glass if it is available. If a backglass is as bad as your Pharaoh, how are you going to restore it anyway? What's your method? The only reason I mentioned it is if you spray Tripple-thick on a large flake of paint, it may blow away because of the force of the compressed air in the paint can - and then if you retrieve it, it may fall apart. If you are real careful and hold your can back far enough away, you can gently spray the large flakes. The other method I know is to spray the whole glass and wrap with Saran. Some of these large paint flakes are barely hanging on because the heat from the 44 bulbs has caused them to bubble. You have to handle them with kid gloves.

The plan was to trim the tape to release the misaligned pieces, flue them down, then spray with triple thick. It hasn't been a priority, and since it would be a time consuming project, I haven't gotten to it yet.

Quoted from pacmanretro:

Sorry...slightly off topic, but anyone ever triple thick a gottlieb system 1 display window with the blue/green tint...my geni is getting bubbly, but im afraid if I clear over the display window it will get all hazy/blurry...apologies if inappropriate thread

I've masked off the window with cardboard weighted down, masking tape, and sprayed directly over. Each approach has its downsides.

With masking, you will see the edge of they triple thick.

With tape, there is the risk of removing paint when you remove the tape, which has happened to me.

Spraying directly over the window takes some extra care and prep work. The area needs to be cleaned of all contaminants, then finally cleaned with sprayway so that there are no streaks. Then spray it on really thick. It may be milky white at first, so don't be alarmed. It clears up slowly as it cures, and in 24 hours it will be perfectly clear and smooth. If there are any imperfections, novus 2 will address it.

Now, if the translucent paint is flaking, the only thing you can do is carefully scrape it all off, seal it, then either usend a score display cover or use a score window filter or tint set like this:

http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=PDG377

#3256 7 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

If you use painters tape to mask it and paint over it you shouldn't pull up any paint. I've done a bunch of glasses this way with no issues. Painters tape is also pretty easy to cut to size to fit the window of whatever you're masking.

Painters tape has pulled up paint from a couple backglasses I've worked on. It's fine for interior walls, but not always kind to fragile 30-40 year old backglass paint. More often than not, it has worked ok, but I'd rather not risk it if I don't have to.

#3277 7 years ago

Yup, that police force listing is a fake scam ad.

#3282 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

**Relisted at reduced price**
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Dragon / SS System 1 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1978
Production: 6,550
Cost: $400 reduced to $300
Contact/Link: greenville.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...lights up but not working.. It was working last year. . . should be an easy fix."

I always roll my eyes whenever I see the phrase "should be an easy fix".

#3285 7 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I'm sure it's easy, just drop in a pascal board and replace all the edge connector pins, easy peasy..
It's another if it was only 2500 miles closer... Would love to have a complete system 1 collection someday.. when I win the lottery.. and have room.. aw shucks, I'll guess I'll just stick with the 2 I have.

Most can actually be had fairly inexpensively. There's a few, such as Hulk, Genie, and Asteroid Annie, which tend to cost more than the rest. With only 16 titles and most being fairly common, I'd say you would have a pretty good chance for reaching your goal.

1 week later
#3412 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

These are the craziest THINGS I have ever seen in a pinball machine! I wonder if they come with? This has to be a joke - "Doesn't seem to work when plugged in, just vibrates."
May be NSFW. Definitely PG-13.
Game/Type: Space Invaders / SS MPU AS-2518-35 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1979
Features: Widebody
Production: 11,400
Cost: $400
Deja Vu Showgirls Ypsilanti, MI
Live adult entertainment nightly Deja Vu Ypsilanti Ypsilanti
Contact/Link: detroit.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Salvage. This machine had been in the back room for years collecting dust. The cabinet is pretty ruff as you can see. Doesn't seem to work when plugged in, just vibrates."

It's a fake ad. Those photos have been around the block a few times.

1 week later
#3522 7 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

hahahahaha $106 with 6 days left. Come on pinsiders! Here I thought my $5 bid would buy it.

Most of the serious bidding doesn't happen until the last 15 seconds.

#3587 7 years ago

Or attempting to take non-blurry pictures...you want $2K for a machine that you can't even bother to take decent photos

Sometimes that's "creative photography" done on purpose to hide flaws, scratches, dings, wear, etc....

3 weeks later
#3816 7 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game: Star Wars Episode 1
Price: Free
OP: Hi I'm moving and have a free Star Wars pinball machine and I need it to be out of my old place asap , please call or text first come first take
boston.craigslist.org link
Is it a scam? Is it the steal of the year? Does it work? Does it exist? I will leave that to others to figure out but I doubt it.

It's fake. This same ad and same photo has popped up more than a few times.

#3865 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Clist ad now lowered to $125.

If I had the space, I would be sorely tempted. Looks like it's in fairly decent shape. Partially working pins tend to be good projects.

#3868 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Sounds like bad projects to me! Where's the fun in buying a pinball machine that doesn't require hours of work to even start a game?

Looks like someone nabbed it. It's gone.

1 week later
#3947 7 years ago

Rare Spanish game: Mondial 90

$250 buy-it-now

ebay.com link: Mundial 90 Pinball in Project

Plain City, Ohio

If it were closer, I would grab it

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4094

#3948 7 years ago

I can't believe that Mondial pin is still available. Is everyone who is in or near OH asleep at the wheel?

#3955 7 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Thanks a ton force flow. That was a steal and a half.

Be sure to post photos, especially to IPDB--I for one enjoy seeing unusual and oddball games. There are only so many TAF or MM photos you can look at, lol

#3993 7 years ago

relisted on Ebay....Buy It Now $275 obo
ebay.com link » 1979 Stern Dracula Project Pinball Machine Pickup Ohio Vampire Needs Work Arcade

That playfield is pretty well roached.

It was probably someone's parts machine. No backglass, no boards, no displays....there's not much left other than the cab and some playfield parts.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4002 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Well considering the area code for the phone is New Castle, DE, it is probably not legit.

It's a good indicator, but not always a definitive one. Sometimes when folks move around, they keep the same cell number with an area code outside of their current area.

#4016 7 years ago

ebay.com link: Stern Trident Pinball Machine parts Playfield plastics

This guy is saying he's parting a Stern Trident because the boards aren't working. The cosmetics are nice. Someone save this one!

New Kensington, PA

[edit]: The seller indicated in a PM that he would sell the whole thing for $300. Somebody get on this.

#4018 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah. THat one is too nice to part out.

The seller indicated in a PM that he would sell the whole thing for $300. Somebody get on this.

I'd grab it if I were closer.

#4022 7 years ago

That Trident listing is still up. I'm surprised. Don't make me drive out there, folks lol

#4032 7 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Needs to be re-restored maybe? I'm no expert but that seems like spraycan or brushed on clearcoat over hand painted playfield areas. I wonder if it doesn't look as nice in person. BG looks pretty nicely repaired though.

Good eyes...looks like you're right. I didn't notice the touch-ups at first glance.

There were also some touch-ups on the right side of the cabinet body too.

Well, it could still make a decent player machine, but it's now not the deal that I originally thought it was. Oh well

#4053 7 years ago

ebay.com link: Jacks To Open Pinball Game Complete Or Parts

Gottlieb Jacks to Open
$300
Colonial Heights, Virginia

Likely has MPU issues, but the game appears fixable overall.

#4068 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I believe this was forceflow's maybe?

It was, but I sold it a while back. I sent a PM to frost the contact info that was on the mr pinball ad. Looks like it got cut off when it was posted here.

#4085 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

When an item is sold on Craigslist, is it the responsibility of the seller to remove the listing?

Yup. Sometimes they forget or can't figure out how to.

Also, is it common to have a difficult time getting a reply out of sellers?

Sometimes.

Had one guy ready to sell me a table earlier this week only to have him tell me 24 hours later that he sold it to someone else.

Happens all the time. You pretty much have to be ready to go at the drop of a hat. You snooze, you lose. It's pretty competitive when a good deal pops up.

#4121 7 years ago

That's a steal--that sure won't last long.

#4157 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

I was #2 in line. Waited all day to hear if they other guy showed. He did.

I don't think I've ever picked up a game by being #2 in line

#4172 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

ebay.com link » Jacks To Open Pinball Game Complete Or Parts
Gottlieb Jacks to Open
$300
Colonial Heights, Virginia
Likely has MPU issues, but the game appears fixable overall.

Reduced to $150 OBO

Somebody grab it before the owner parts it out

ebay.com link: itm

#4219 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Dang, price reduced? It wouldn't sell at $175?

There's a lot of 2-lane winding roads up in north NH. Not an easy trip, especially in the winter. Someone probably hasn't wanted it badly enough yet.

#4226 7 years ago

Well, looks like someone wants it, lol

#4238 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Has anyone actually had contact with that seller since he posted this 14 days ago?

The saga continues...

nh.craigslist.org link

2016-12-21 19.15.43 (resized).png2016-12-21 19.15.43 (resized).png

#4253 7 years ago

The goldstrike ad reads:

But there's no phone number listed!

#4254 7 years ago

Well, I sent off an email. It's probably outside my usual driving range, and I have no storage space for these, so I'll try to connect someone up with the games if I can so they don't end up in a landfill.

If someone is able to get in touch with this fellow ahead of me, have at it.

#4257 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Obvious troll, mentions the Gold Strike ad. nh.craigslist.org link
2001 for $125
Here is onee of my other pinballs. It say Gotlieb 2001. It's been in my basement since my grandson moved 100.00. Call my number I am no good with this computer stuff. Nobody has called about my Gold strike yet. It's going to dump Saturday.

Looks like both ads were flagged and taken down.

1 week later
#4327 7 years ago

hartford.craigslist.org link

Three EM Games: Bally Expressway, Gottlieb Card Trix, Williams Ski Club

"(3) pinball machines. All working but need attention.
$150 each or all 3 for $400. As is. "

#4330 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

WHUT!?
Crazy deal.

Yeah...if I had the space, I would have tried to grab them.

#4342 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Those Atari owl eye doors on pinball just look weird for some reason.

Yep, strange, but interesting looking design.

I have no idea what Atari was trying to accomplish when they came up with it.

#4345 7 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Did anybody here pick these up? I have a friend who is seeking a ski-themed pin. Would be curious if a re-sale would be possible (maybe with a handoff in Allentown?).
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

The ad was deleted, so I assume someone grabbed them. Whether it was a pinsider or just another CL flipper, who knows.

1 week later
#4427 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

That Blackwater 100 looks pretty cool - anyone play it before?

It has an interesting gameplay gimmick, but gets old after a while since that's basically the entire game.

1 week later
#4511 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Price now 1800

Of course it is. The seller probably wised up and got clued in by someone

1 week later
#4628 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I tried contacting the Taxi guy with no reply so far but I want to warn anyone interested there was a post on Pinside that the display is missing out of that machine also. So between display (only used in two machines & hard to find used) and the MPU plus other stuff that might be wrong with that machine it might not really be a bargain price? I have never owned a Taxi and would still love to try to purchase it but I am really wondering if the "deal" makes sense at this point.

It is listed as OBO, so maybe someone will get a deal.

Besides, aren't you trying to get rid of a ton of games?

#4630 7 years ago

I know! And I shouldn't even be looking at stuff for sale but I always keep my eyes open for titles we like that we have never owned. Most of you guys know how the pinball illness is - we are all junkies addicted to the silver ball!

Yup, same here. I'm completely filled up, yet can't stop looking for good deals on interesting games. I keep having to pass on them, which makes me sad

1 week later
#4732 7 years ago

Warehouse sale in ROSSVILLE GA, posted in one of the facebook groups. Mainly vids, but some pins (I can't say that I spotted any from the photos, though):

#4748 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Atari
Game/Type: Time 2000 / SS Atari Widebody Generation/System 1, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1977
Production: Unknown
Cost: $450
Contact/Link: washingtondc.craigslist.org link
Condition: " I believe there were only 300 produced and this is number 20.
Previous owner has wired it with credit button (free play) on the front. (yellow button on the front of the game)
I have had it for about a year. It needed some love so I stripped down the playfield, cleaned, led's, new rubbers, tightened up the flipper bats and the game plays. Pictures show the condition of the playfield.
A few things to note.....
---one of the leg holes in the back was stripped out and I have a nut holding it on the inside. Still holds tight. The original legs will come with the game (in the picture are WPC legs)
---the scoring digits are a little flaky. I reseated the connector and it seemed better but would need a little attention. (all of the digits do light up so I don't think its in the crystal)
---there is an occasional background hum that comes from the speaker. only happens once in a while and may just need the dial cleaned up.
---Backglass is nice but does have some spots where its bare.
---Flippers still have a little flop to them but I have been told that a lot of Atari's did this. I made sure the set screws were tight on the flipper bats but they are still a little floppy.
---Front of the cabinet/coindoor area. I have attached pictures to show the front and back of the front of the cabinet. Looks like it had a lock bar on it and it was yanked out. A previous owner/operator installed the sheet metal cover over it to cover the holes. Looking at the picture of the inside of the coin door, you can see the hole on each side where the bolts were. This would not be a difficult repair if you choose to do it.
---Games on/off switch does not work. I have it tied to a power strip that I turn on and off rather than using the switch. I use a power strip to turn on and off all my older machines.
Thats about it.....I wanted to be as thorough as possible with my description. The game plays as is and is still enjoyable. Let me know if there are any other pictures you would like to see or if you want to come by and play it."

I've been looking for one of these...wish it wasn't so far away

Looks like something odd with the coin door area though.

#4815 7 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

New feature from eBay on search updates, "Follow this search" anyone seen this yet?

It's not new, it's been there for a few years...

1 week later
#4914 7 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Relisted at $425, getting tempting now.
salem.craigslist.org link

If that was in the northeast (and at first, I thought that was Salem, MA, not Salem, OR), it would already be in someone's vehicle. It's hard to find a Genie under $800 here.

2 months later
#5211 6 years ago

allentown.craigslist.org link

Various project machines. Quakertown PA.

1970's electro-mechanical machines, in storage for a few years - all should be considered non-working, several to choose from. I've never plugged them in, heads and play fields are separated. $250 each or $200 each for 3 or more machines.

Come see them in person if serious, easy pickup.

Here is the list:
Williams Daffie - good back glass and field
Williams Darling - good back glass and field
Gottlieb Mars - poor back glass and decent play field
Williams Top Hand - good back glass and field
Star trek - poor back glass and decent play field
Williams Expo - poor back glass and decent play field
Williams Pat Hand - 2 of these, decent back glass and play fields
Williams Granada - 2 of these, one decent back glass and 2 good play fields

All appear complete with exception of 2 missing back glass.
Buy them all and I'll throw in a working air hockey table as well, sorry no accessories.

#5227 6 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Super Flipper / SS 1 Player
Year: 1975
Cost: $25 starting bid
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Chicago Coin Pinball Machine
WARNING! The title of this auction, "Chicago Coin Pinball Machine" is a lie! This is not a pinball machine.
This is a very cleverly disguised video game. BEWARE!

Well, it's kind of a hybrid game. Not very common either.

It's not fake or anything like that.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2432

#5244 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

In working condition they go for $2000 Plus.

That's an ebay list price, not a real market price. It hovers around $1k when refurbished and in good condition.

Quoted from RonSS:

How reasonable or far off is this sale?

A little high for a dead game. it has a big wear spot on the playfield, which hurts the value significantly. But if you can scan a good playfield, you may be able to make a waterslide decal for it. Maybe you can negotiate closer to $250-$350.

The original boards can usually be repaired, though I usually assume the MPU is battery damaged ($150-$200 to replace). The rectifier board usually needs attention as well--either repair or replace it ($50-$80 to replace). Then, any broken playfield parts, coil sleeves, a flipper rebuild kit, and rubbers at minimum. As for the displays, those can be hit or miss. Sometimes the glass is ok, and they can be repaired. Sometimes they are burnt out, and need to be replaced. Sometimes you can find good or repaired originals. There are also some cheap replacements available for $35/ea (wolfpac), and a couple other brands (pinscore). However, if you go with a replacement, it's usually better to do them all or the original glass and the new LED replacements won't match.

You're looking at about $500 in parts, at least. Possibly more if the displays are bad or if there are any other hidden problems.

2 weeks later
#5341 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Road Kings / SS System 11, 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1986
Production: 5,500
Cost: $750
Contact/Link: vermont.craigslist.org link
Condition: "One flipper doesn't work. Everything else works as it should."

It was originally listed for $500 a few das ago.

Screenshot_2017-06-20-04-15-13-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-06-20-04-15-13-1 (resized).png

1 month later
#5670 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Can anyone identify this game from just the cabinet artwork? It's the only picture of the game on the listing.

Fireball II

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=854

#5673 6 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

By golly, one of those transformers does look kinda crispy.

I've never actually seen an example like that before, but I'd guess that's what might happen when the power supply shorts out and there's no fuse to protect the transformer, unlike later games which had the fuse.

2 weeks later
#5769 6 years ago
Quoted from DashingDaryl:

Did anyone see this ad? phoenix.craigslist.org link
Has anyone had any luck contacting them?
I texted her like 12 days ago asking for machine names, but never heard anything back.

Sometimes you just never get a response for whatever reason. It happens.

1 week later
#5814 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs minor work - “Here is a 1969 Williams Set Up. Only 225 produced! It's a 1 player EM add-a-ball game. Has a bell and one chime. Mostly working project. The game starts, plays the correct number ...”
2017-08-03
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 32 days
Viewed: 883 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5822 6 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

nacogdoches.craigslist.org link
Same guy? "i do not accept cheques or whatever"
Hi usa,
i have a collection of used games that need to be restored. Others are perfect and working
available up to 25 pins and i have plans to import from europe again. Most of the games need to be restored
I guess this makes him a international collector?

It's a scam ad. The locations change, but it otherwise basically remains the same.

#5832 6 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

That's what OP said but one of the pix shows eggs or turds from some other critter.

Could be woodworms.

Either way, that game isn't one that's probably worthwhile to mess with.

#5859 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs minor work - “Here is a 1969 Williams Set Up. Only 225 produced! It's a 1 player EM add-a-ball game. Has a bell and one chime. Mostly working project. The game starts, plays the correct number ...”
2017-08-03
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 32 days
Viewed: 883 times
Contributed to Pinside

#5866 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

It's an interesting machine. I can't tell from the picture. Do you have the four flipper version or the two flipper version?

It's a two flipper version--you can see it from the larger photos in the listing.

Quoted from Pecos:

AAB and only 225 made for only $250?! Someone should snatch this up.

Yeah, it seems like someone is asleep at the wheel.

#5868 6 years ago

Maybe $250-$350? The playfield is always blown out on this one.

#5872 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Without the upper flippers it must be sheer luck to get the 1-6 upper stand-up targets.

Yeah, there's certainly some luck involved when trying hit the targets you need after bypassing the pop bumpers. I was wondering how "easy" the game would be with the upper flippers--if it would make the game too easy or just right.

Quoted from Pecos:

I see that the art on the playfield is bare there to show the travel of the flippers even though it is only the two flipper version.

Yep, there are also dimples on the underside of the playfield too for where the holes should be drilled for the flipper assemblies.

Here's what the upper flippers look like on the replay game: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2104&picno=24190

Quoted from Pecos:

That playfield looks nice.

It's decent, but not perfect. A little bit of wear above the flippers and around buttons and post holes, and some planking in front of the 1-6 targets.

Quoted from Pecos:

It couldn't be that hard to mod.

One person indicated he might be interested in adding upper flippers. However, for me personally, I probably wouldn't make a change like that since it left the factory like this, and it wouldn't be a reversable modification.

1 week later
#5899 6 years ago

If I had space, I would have nabbed it.

Despite the unappealing theme, the game itself is actually kind of neat.

#5925 6 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Who wants to go in with me on the flame-ravaged Frankenstein? forceflow that's your expertise isn't it?!

Heh

Unfortunately, most of those prices are already too high for projects once you figure in shipping and the cost of parts you have to drop into them. Besides, I prefer to inspect the games in person. Plus, ebay auctions aren't a good way to get a bargain.

2 weeks later
#6037 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

These pics look like they were taken in 1982.

The camera was probably on the wrong white balance setting or was unable to compensate for the room lighting correctly.

#6066 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

What is that black space? Any thoughts?

A missing reel?

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

By the way the seller is telling me I am wasting his time

If you've sent more than a couple messages without actually setting a day & time to meet, then I'd have to agree.

#6068 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

but he simply ignoring it and pricing it as if nothing is wrong

Maybe nothing serious is wrong with it. You won't know until you see it in person.

If you think you would be happy with the price, then go for it. If not, then put it out of your mind and maybe check back in a week or two to see if the price drops.

#6071 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

That's the problem the seller has no thought into what I have to juggle to get this all done. Here you go I have to lay out money to U-Haul as I do not have a truck to pick the pin up. I have to gather another pin or two to make the deal worth even going after and dealing with those sellers. I have to spend the time driving on the road which by the way is in another state and pray I can even find the place. I can only offer so much as my costs drive the price in the pin up to the point that it doesn't make it worth it.

So....why would any of that be the seller's problem?

#6075 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

It's not, but the seller shouldn't judge my price on that I don't have overhead in the equation to make a deal. Also I think they should have a cooler head when dealing with a possible customer. In other words make the deal entertaining to me and you could have a repeat customer to buy more pins. I try to look on the positive in a deal.

Again, why should that be the seller's problem?

They list the game, you agree on a time & place, and if you want it, put down the cash and haul away the game. It should be fairly straight forward. If you try to complicate things or make future promises tomorrow for a better deal today or whatever else, the seller will not want to deal with you. It's a waste of their time.

#6078 6 years ago

I will drive 3 hours each way at the drop of a hat for a dark, fuzzy craigslist photo. It's part of the fun.

#6081 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Mike, on the email I did name my price and the seller shot back theirs. But only got angry when I would not jump on it. I can wait that is how I do business. Time is everything.

You have the time ForceFlow, I don't. I have other issues of my business that I have to deal with that take time and money. Also cost me money if not handled when they come to light.

Then it sounds like this game/deal is not for you.

#6085 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

forceflow I think you are correct with your post, as the seller is ignoring my last email. Another will come by they always do you know. At least anyone reading this can now see where I am coming from on my price and emails.

To be brutally honest, the way you describe your approach to making a deal would make me want to deal with you less, rather than more. I would recommend changing your approach.

Make contact, ask a couple quick questions if you need to, maybe have a quick phone conversation if you feel the need and the seller is willing, then set up a time, inspect the game, buy it, feel free to chat with the seller if they seem interested, pack up the game, and go home. Keep it simple.

Whenever I want to sell a game, I like a quick and easy transaction. I don't want to hear a whole story about why someone can't come on a particular day, or why they can't pay $x because their dog has fleas and treatment costs too much or whatever tale they come up with.

Don't get me wrong--I like chatting with all sorts people (and usually end up shooting the breeze for a few minutes after a deal is done if the other person is feeling chatty), but when it comes to setting up a deal, it sounds to me like you would just be kicking tires and wasting my time when all I would want to do is sell a game and get it out the door.

#6088 6 years ago

Buying & Selling 101
Seller doesn't care about buyers issues!
Buyer doesn't care about sellers issues!
Price & condition either work for both of you or deal just doesn't make sense.

That's a very succinct way to put it.

#6108 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

Are you going to be able to make the trip to the York show next week there should be plenty of those games around that place

No, maybe next year. I'm out of space anyway, lol

#6196 6 years ago
Quoted from steviechs:

Game/Type: Bobby Orr Power Play / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1977
Production: 13,750
cincinnati.craigslist.org link
OP: recently stopped working was told a transformer went bad not sure would like to get 400.00 for it condition seems pretty good for its age

It's rare that a transformer *actually* goes bad. Pretty much the only think that will kill it is if it gets submerged or if a fuse doesn't blow and the transformer acts as the fuse instead.

In all likelihood, the rectifier board is the problem.

1 week later
#6344 6 years ago

It is a "Project Pins For Sale" thread not a debate on how much should a seller make on a machine they buy for resale. Flippers who "overcharge" for machines are not here on Pinside reading post complaining about what they do they are out trying to beat the other guy to the next deal.

If we use the logic that sellers shouldn't make a profit then Stern, JJP, and the rest of the people making machines should sell them for what they cost to make and apples should be free because they just grow on trees so farmers shouldn't charge for them!

I am not saying it is right for someone to buy a machine for $300 and turn around and sell it for $1500 without even touching it. What I am saying is that will never change so bitching about it isn't going to help. You want to keep people from doing that DON'T buy what they put up for sale. If they can't sell what they buy they will stop buying at some point. But as long as there is someone willing to pay their inflated prices they will keep doing it.

It's just a little exasperating when it happens. They're just venting a little bit. It's not a huge issue.

1 week later
#6506 6 years ago

Pretty much every one I've seen was robbed of its boards. The boards are more valuable than the game itself.

1 week later
1 week later
#6720 6 years ago

What's good price on it? I'm assuming a whole new cabinet and playfield will probably have to be made/acquired due to the severe termite damage. If I talked reasonably with that member what is a good price for it? DE Star Wars is a fun game and replacing the cab and playfield would workout since I'd want to do all the mods and upgrades I could design a new cab with the upgrades in mind instead of retrofit the old one

$500-$750 maybe? It's going to be tough to source a playfield, though CPR might possibly make one in about 3-4 years if you want to wait that long.

I haven't seen a DESW under $3500 in a good while, but with termite damage in both the cab and the playfield, and no translite--there goes a lot of the game's value.

#6722 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Don’t forget to mention the game doesn’t work. Sounds like it has some power supply issues and or mpu issues. It could be an easy fix or it could be a PIA. Just saying.

Well, the MPU is clean (no battery damage), and the power supply appears to have been serviced--but with only a brief description, there could be some switch issues, 5V issue, connector issues, and/or logic issues.

However, a clean MPU--even non/partially-working--is probably worth $150-$175 or so just because most have been hit and ruined by battery damage.

1 week later
#6902 6 years ago

That sad looking Royal Guard is still up near Boston for $100

Looks like the backbox disintegrated, but the guts are there for it. I can't tell how bad the water damage might be from the photos, so it might end up just being a parts machine. If so, the lockbar alone is probably worth about $50. If I was closer, I might be more tempted.

boston.craigslist.org link

#6904 6 years ago

Eh, probably not worth the trouble. I'm just kind of surprised it wasn't gone instantly.

#6906 6 years ago

The artwork in upper right corner of the backglass is missing. Which is a shame, since the rest of it seemed to be otherwise intact. But, that area doesn't seem complicated, so maybe it could be repainted.

#6908 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Don't forget, those 60's lock down bars are worth around $100 or more these days!

That's a bit higher than I thought. I was kind of thinking I could make use of it on the cowpoke I just picked up, since the one I have isn't perfect. Don't talk me into making the trip out there, lol

#6913 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I was thinking about calling, could be saved with some carpentry work...

I had the same thought, but it's been sitting outside for who knows how long with no playfield glass. I'm not too optimistic about saving this one, unfortunately.

But, I'd suggest grabbing it sooner rather than later before someone else gets to it with the intention of parting it out.

By the way, does that game even have the correct cabinet? the IPDB photos show something different.

#6951 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

OP: The pinball machine furniture is made from a 1964 Gottlieb & Co. pinball machine called Ship-Mates. The machine was made into a coffee table, side table and bookcase. The pinball machine has not been restored and has the original finish I found on it when I converted it to furniture. The coffee and side tables have a glass tops to put your lamp, books or other items on the top. The coffee table can be pluged in to light the pinball action display. This would make a great gift or conversation piece.

Ugh.

#7011 6 years ago

Oh wow, I didn't know they did that! I'm right near one of those. I'll have to keep that in mind for the future!

Just one caveat--last I heard, shipments weren't insured. So if something happens, you may be SOL.

1 week later
#7055 6 years ago

You don't see an ad like that every day.

#7080 6 years ago

If someone is up for a high speed project:

Core project:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56664

Nice cab:
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

Various cab & playfield parts to possibly replace the missing ones on the core project:
ebay.com link: sch

I would be tempted myself if the core project wasn't so far away.

For anyone who wants to embark on the scavenger hunt, this seems like a good opportunity with all these HS parts popping up at the same time. Good luck

#7129 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

In the last four months I have found six project pins in different parts of the country that I was interested in buying. I posted on each occasion asking if a Pinsider in that region would be willing to pick up the pin and drop it at a Fastenal store. No one was willing to help me. This week a Pinsider posted a pin for sale in this forum. I asked if he was willing to drop the pin at a local Fastenal store after I sent Paypal funds. I provided a link to a Fastenal store locator. He responded that three local collectors were interested so he was just going to sell it to one of them.
I have posted 300+ project pins in this forum, but no one is willing to help me? I won’t be posting in this thread going forward.

I can understand your frustration, but can also understand that sellers usually want an easy sale. Packing and shipping a game is easily several hours of someone's time, and not everyone would be willing to do that, especially if the have a local buyer lined up. I haven't heard that fastenal does the packing.

[edit]: https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/3pl-(third-party-logistics)

Whether or not a store can pack and strap to a pallet sounds like it would depend upon the store.

#7176 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

What do you do when you break a backglass? DIY!
Game/Type: Bow and Arrow / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1974
Production: 7,630
Cost: $800 Paying for the original artwork?
Contact/Link: atlanta.craigslist.org link
Condition: "In storage 18 years Need service"

That's actually better than most custom amateur backglass artwork that I've seen.

2 weeks later
#7264 6 years ago

I'm always glad to see dog-eared games being rescued and brought back to life. A lot of people have participated in this thread, and a lot of games have been rescued. It seemed like it would be fun to see our top project pin enthusiast greeted with a little holiday cheer with something for his own project.

Merry Christmas--have fun with your project, Pecos

1 week later
#7413 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Sinbad project Archived
As is - “This is a restorable project. Have not booted it up yet, so it's as-is. All the displays and original boards are there. The MPU has a little battery damage, but it's fairly minor....”
2018-02-10
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 1223 times
Contributed to Pinside

#7415 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

that looks very nice.. if only it weren't so far away

It's a solid project with pretty good cosmetics. If I didn't already have one, I'd probably keep it.

#7417 6 years ago

Considering how many of them were made, I'm surprised that they don't appear as often as other system 1 titles.

#7420 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I swear, this group needs a Colson quote T-shirt. *LOL*

Haha--whip up a shirt that says:

Pinside: where everyone wishes they were closer.

And then maybe also put quote boxes all over the shirt from everyone who has basically said something to that effect.

#7422 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I dunno, I think a simple print of this...

...might suffice.

LOL--that would probably do it

#7424 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I wish I had more room.

Ditto. But no matter how much room I have, I sure do have no trouble filling it.

#7467 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Game: Space Riders
Manufacturer: Atari
Type: SS - 4 Player
Cost: $600
Link/Contact: newhaven.craigslist.org link
OP: Selling a Atari space riders in working condition. One pop bumper coil is missing but mount and switches are there. the lock down bar is missing, last owner couldn't find it. Glass is in good shape. Playing field and back glass is in nice shape , needs new rubbers and a good cleaning . Scoring displays, roll overs, drop targets all work and so does the sound. Asking $600 as/is

A shame that the lockbar is missing. Those are notoriously difficult to track down.

#7492 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Currently resides under the "cloak of invisibility" in my garage. Gotta figure a way to tell the wife.

"Oh that? That's always been there."

1 week later
#7569 6 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Note: I'm pretty bummed about this one. It's a good deal, and I wanted a Winter project and texted about it - he wants cash. I offered PayPal or any other means of payment and he did not return my texts.

FYI, offering paypal for low-value pick-up item screams scam, and most sellers will stop any discussion/transaction right there.

#7588 6 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

My understanding is that the small transformer is mostly about powering the displays. I have seen replacement LED displays become available for the Sys1 and 80. I assume these run on 5 volts, so I wonder if the small transformer is necessary if these are replaced?
If so, then there is a final workaround for that last early-Gottlieb problem. Not necessarily cheap though.

LED displays would need at least 5v and 12v.

The only LED displays being produced that I'm aware of are here:

http://www.bostonpinballcompany.com/displays.htm

The small transformer carries a bit more than just the high voltage for the displays:

The two transformers convert the 120 volts AC input to other voltages needed for the game. The large transformer outputs power for the solenoids (24 volts), general illumination light power (6.3 volts), and CPU controlled light power (6 volts). The small transformer outputs the main score display voltage (60/42 volts), the computer board voltage (12 volts which ultimately ends up as +5 volts), and the score display offset/reference voltages (8 and 4 volts).
http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/

But, depending on what the LED displays actually require, and as long as you install a power supply for the 12v, it could be something worth exploring. If this turns out to be a viable workaround, it sure could save a fair number of games with dead small transformer.

#7597 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

LED displays would need at least 5v and 12v.
The only LED displays being produced that I'm aware of are here:
http://www.bostonpinballcompany.com/displays.htm
The small transformer carries a bit more than just the high voltage for the displays:
The two transformers convert the 120 volts AC input to other voltages needed for the game. The large transformer outputs power for the solenoids (24 volts), general illumination light power (6.3 volts), and CPU controlled light power (6 volts). The small transformer outputs the main score display voltage (60/42 volts), the computer board voltage (12 volts which ultimately ends up as +5 volts), and the score display offset/reference voltages (8 and 4 volts).
http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/
But, depending on what the LED displays actually require, and as long as you install a power supply for the 12v, it could be something worth exploring. If this turns out to be a viable workaround, it sure could save a fair number of games with dead small transformer.

I got word from boston pinball that the 42v, 60v, and 5vac were not needed for the LED displays. So, it sounds like you could potentially use the LED displays without having a working small transformer.

11.5vac and 14vac are still required, which get rectified and regulated into +5vdc and -12vdc. So, you could probably bypass the game's power supply with an arcade power supply for those voltages.

#7599 6 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

Good to know!
So... pull the small transformer and associated rectifiers / fuses, and install a switching power supply. Would work on any game with Futaba-style replacement displays. Not a bad mod, if the value justifies the price.

I just did a quick write-up for it here:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1#Workaround_for_Dead_Small_Transformer

I think I would just desolder the wires on the transformer and cap off the wires. Then, put the arcade power supply in the cabinet, and tap the incoming AC from the inner facing side of the EMI filter. Get an edge connector for J1 on the MPU, then run the 5v, 12v, and ground wires from the power supply to the J1 connector for the MPU.

So, if someone ends up finding an original transformer, they can easily reverse the modification and install a proper transformer.

[edit]: Actually, after glancing at the schematics, since the main fuse is after the EMI filter, you should tap somewhere else down the line after the fuse and power switch. You could probably put some ring terminals on the hot and common wires for the small transformer, and attach those to the arcade power supply. Then run a ground wire from the power supply to the ground terminal on the EMI filter.

#7616 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Nice write up but you might want to stress the part about it being MINUS 12V and not +12. Most Arcade power supplies today (screw terminal style) have +5, +12, and -5 (no -12V). Obviously, many (but not all) of the PC based arcade supplies have -12. And, of course, actual PC supplies still carry the +/- 12V. But finding an ATX power supply in the bottom will look much more hack-ish than finding a sleek screw terminal one.
Its just a guess but I would think the -12 isn't needed if you are not running an original Gottlieb Sys 1 MPU either since that was just to feed the Rockwell Dinosaurs.

Hm, good point--I thought the power supplies I was using had both +12v and -12v. Looking again, it doesn't.

#7618 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Sinbad project Archived
As is - “This is a restorable project. Have not booted it up yet, so it's as-is. All the displays and original boards are there. The MPU has a little battery damage, but it's fairly minor....”
2018-02-10
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 1223 times
Contributed to Pinside

#7621 6 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Like Colson says: I wish I was closer

I had someone from Australia PM me about it this morning. It seems that everyone who might be interested is far away

#7628 6 years ago

I started a new thread about the substitution/replacement idea for the Gottlieb System 1 small transformer:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-a-dead-small-transformer-with-led-displays-amp-power-supply

2 weeks later
#7740 6 years ago

The incredibly rare Vidiot Deluxe board for Granny and the Gators

Best offer or full/partial trade for other interesting or rare items.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Here is a Bally Vidiot Deluxe board for a Granny & the Gators. It fully boots on the bench (it gets all the LED flashes). This is an incredibly rare board that does not surfa...”
2018-04-23
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 367 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
#7828 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Mr. &amp; Mrs Pac-Man pinball $200.00 pinside market

Machine - For Sale
As is - “For Parts, As Is. I do have the entire machine, only pictures of the upper cabinet at the moment. Sitting since the 90s.”
2018-02-14
Ashland, OH
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 334 times
Contributed to Pinside

Looks like it's just the backbox. And the backglass is delaminating badly.

#7834 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

In the ad, they claim to have the whole machine.

Ah, they only have the photo of the backbox. It was late, and I misread it.

1 week later
#7907 6 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

This might be interesting. I've never seen one before: sacramento.craigslist.org link

It's a toy / home version. Not a full coin-op pin.

#7946 6 years ago

Keep in mind, if you scrape craigslist too often, it may ban your IP address for a period of time. I had it happen to me with one of those apps.

#7959 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Game: Thunderbolt
Manufacturer: Allied Leisure
Type: 4-player SS
Cost: $350
Link/Contact: austin.craigslist.org link
OP: ***This machine needs some work. It powers on, but there are some issues on the main board. My son left the game on when we left the house, and it was on for a few days without me knowing. Something happened. Maybe you can figure it out.
That said, when it is working, this a super fun game. New rubber, score segments all light up, glass is in good shape. I have schematics, and some extra parts. If you know pinball machines, and are a techie who likes to tinker, this is the machine for you.
Plus, she's super sexy. Like Redheads? Two hot redheads, and some freaky vampire monsters, too. Plus there is inexplicably a random Michael Jackson on the glass. Hmm...
Serious buyers only please, and no low ball offers. This is a fairly rare game.

Nice--haven't seen that one pop up before.

3 weeks later
#8093 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Interesting that the pics are from 2012.

Not necessarily...the date & time on the camera could have been incorrect after the internal battery went dead. Digital cameras sometimes default to a date around when they were originally made.

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#8346 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Two Lectronamo project machines. The playfields have some wear, and the cabinets have some dings & scrapes and a few rough spots, but they're solid. Both games are untested and...”
2018-05-09
Saratoga Springs, NY
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 463 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
#8406 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Micro Games Inc.
Game/Type: Space Fantasy
Year: 1977
Production: 424 (!)
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: norfolk.craigslist.org link
Caution. The pictures that the seller is using are from July 2017.
OP: Micro Games Inc. Space Fantasy Pinball Machine (1977). Electricity and springs run but will need some work. The following are the things I have noticed must be worked on:
-Replace rubber
-Replace one steel foot for proper slope
-Electric Work for flipper control
-General tune-up

Huh. Almost looks like a gameplan re-theme.

#8489 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Alien Poker / SS
Year: October 1980
Production: 6,000
Cost: $535 OBO
Seller: Rich Rosete
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/669815773135120/permalink/1609143119202376/?sale_post_id=1609143119202376&rt=11
OP: Just picked this up. Boots occasionally. Displays look good minus the credit display. Wear on Playfield and cabinets. Backglass has some scuffs and marks. $535 Or best offer.

It was $500 on CL.

1 week later
#8663 5 years ago

I spotted an ad a couple weeks a go for an estate sale at the end of the week. I had tried messaging estate sale organizers before, without any luck, so I didn't bother with this one.

I checked the ad today, and the game was removed from the sale. I guess someone bought it ahead of time. Oh well.

#8667 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

You can backorder a new repro backglass for $300 from Bgresto with probably a two month lead time.

It's closer to 4-5 months as of late.

1 week later
#8787 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

This is back for sale eight months later.

nmi.craigslist.org link

Ugh, that cab looks awful.

3 weeks later
#9221 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

What is a reasonable price Seawitch, say player game with some PF wear?
Just ballpark.

I've seen them at shows for $1500. I'm not sure that they sold though.

1 week later
#9478 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

$600 for non-working? I guess he'll be parting this one out. Apparently, he's never worked on an Atari pin before.

A lot of atari pins seem to meet that fate, unfortunately. For people who do actually repair them, there's no shortage of parts because of that, though. It's just sad to see it happen all the time.

Speaking of parking out games, I saw someone part out what looked like a decent xenon a few days ago on ebay. That seemed unnecessary.

#9483 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Doesn't seem that bad?

That's plate glass, and I would replace it anyway. Tempered glass doesn't break like that.

#9590 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Bally/Pinstar
Game/Type: Bullseye 301 / SS Kit 4 Player
Month/Year: April 1986
Production: Unknown
Cost: $375
Link/Contact: madison.craigslist.org link
OP: 301 Bullseye pinball machine for sale, worked prior to the move which also damaged the glass top. Includes all manuals, $375.00

Rare find--I'm surprised the ad is still up. The price is certainly right.

#9592 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where would you find parts for it?

The usual places. Other than some of the game-specific stuff like on most games which may be hard to replace, it's still basically a classic Bally game.

#9597 5 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I wouldn’t call it “classic”. More like an average on its’ best day Bally (in my opinion).

That's just the label for games of that era to help separate it from the other Bally game eras.

"Classic Bally" games are games that were made in the 70s-80s on the -17/-35 boardset. Then there's Bally 6803 (made with the 6803 boardset), System 11 Bally games (usually just referred to as system 11 games and lumped in with Williams System 11 games), and WPC Bally games (usually referred to as just plain Bally or Bally/Williams).

1 week later
#9832 5 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

For those of you posting Project Pins: I will be changing the format of my Project Pin posts. If you want to learn some simple HTML, you too can use HTML to simplify how the post looks. Not for the technically challenged or the faint of heart!
Old Format:
Game/Type: Seven Up / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1969
Contact/Link: https://carbondale.Craigslist.org/clt/d/1969-williams-seven-up/6652370739.html
Condition: Playfield and backglass look nice.
New Format:
Game/Type: Seven Up / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1969
Condition: Playfield and backglass look nice.
Note that in the new format the 'Contact/Link:' line has been removed and the game name is underlined, meaning it is linked to a Website, the Craigslist Website where you will find the ad for Seven Up.
The HTML to do this is very simple.
[quoted image]
The text in the quotes is the URL or link address. The text after the right angle bracket is the text you want to see in the final copy, linked to the URL you specified.
Some technical jargon:
This is standard HTML format for linking to a Website:
[quoted image]
I have added '%43' in place of the 'c' for 'craigslist' in the URL address:
%43raigslist.org = Craigslist.org
This is done to cornfuse the Pinside server so it doesn't recognize the URL as a Craigslist URL.
You MUST make this change in the Website address for this to work on Pinside!
This isn't for everyone - only those of you who want to learn a little HTML. I wanted to show you how it is done.

This isn't practical for the forums between the way the CL links are parsed, and the way the game titles are parsed.

As you've already seen, you had to try to work around it.

Honestly, it's just extra work that isn't necessary.

I would rather see the link I'm clicking on, rather than leaving it hidden behind text, in any case. Keep it simple and just copy & paste

1 week later
#10071 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Data East
Game/Type: Star Wars /SS 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1992
Production: 10,400
Cost: $2,500
Seller: Steve Garrett
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1987192158013859/
OP: Works and plays. Contact for more info. Serious buyers only please. Have a few extras that go with it.
forceflow

The price is right...too bad I'm on the opposite coast

#10073 5 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

He just dropped his price too. $2250.

I saw that. I'm amazed it hasn't been marked as sold yet.

#10080 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Navl would cost probably $450-500.

Not really a good deal IMHO with the cost of shipping thrown in.

1 week later
#10183 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

What makes this a scam (just curious)? Gmail account for contact?

Quoted from Mathazar:

Gmail account for contact?

The mangled address. It intentionally bypasses the CL mail relay service, and isn't written in a format that's easily detected by spam/scam filters.

1 month later
#10672 5 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Has this Whoa Nellie project build been posted already?
washingtondc.craigslist.org link
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H &amp; model S Skee Ball

Maybe--I've seen it a couple times before.

[edit]: Nope, hasn't been posted in this thread. I've probably seen ads for it somewhere else.

1 week later
1 week later
#10893 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

$500? Rare title man...worth more than that. I’ve talked to him and working on arranging shipping.

Yep, definitely a very rare bird. How has it sat there for almost a month? I'm shocked.

#10938 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Significant project. Serious cabinet damage. No backglass. Playfield wear (above flippers, around middle inserts). No lockbar or playfield glass. Complete boardset (no battery dama...”
2018-10-29
Ballston Spa, NY
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 577 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11009 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

forceflow Weren't you looking for a system 6803 project?

Quoted from bluespin:

forceflow Another 6803 project pin

Yep, still looking. VA and TN are too far for me, unfortunately.

3 weeks later
#11194 5 years ago

Someone is threatening to part out a perfectly good project machine if nobody ends up buying it soon:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-1978-playmatic-last-lap-project

2 months later
#11635 5 years ago

Found a parts machine for $175 a couple years ago. Took a while (and some $$) to collect all the missing parts.

Cheap 80s/90s project games are just harder to come by these days. Everybody wants them. And more and more of them keep getting either restored or parted out. I feel like we're scaping the bottom of the barrel right now.

1 week later
#11697 5 years ago

I’m sad I never get one of these projects! I would love a Monday Night Football!

Just keep in mind that the backglass is impossible to find.

#11698 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Anyone live in ohio or near that who could get this to TPF? I am interested in this pin, but I live in Texas. Please pm me if you could pick it up or know someone that can.

According to the ad, it has already been sold.

#11706 5 years ago

Sigh...it's tough to find DMD games at bargain prices these days

1 week later
#11746 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Dammit, so am I. I have a sad little Blackhole lower playfield that could use a home....

I was tempted too, but for the time, space, and effort it would've taken. Probably could've made at least 3 working ones out of the bunch, and possibly a 4th with some scavenging.

But, it was marked as sold a couple days ago. Good luck to whomever ended up with them.

1 week later
#11812 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You don't often hear of any sort of deal coming form these estate sales. Am I missing something?

Not really. Most estate sale sellers know their stuff. Sometimes you might get a bargain, sometimes not.

I don't bother with estate sales unless they are close by. Too many unknowns, too much competition, and too much variance of the rules between different sellers. Some sellers will release a price, sometimes not. Some sellers will do a pre-sale just to get rid of a big item, some won't. Some will sell the item, but still leave it listed in their ad.

#11822 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is the game. First day is the high prices for the people who just have to have it. 2nd day is a certain percentage off. Do you gamble on day 1 and not buy just hoping it will be there on Day 2. You might walk on day 1 but the " got to have it now peep" blew your 2nd day gamble out of the water.
Say it is still there on Day 2. Do you want to gamble it will be there on Day 3? The Mata Hari guy had a close call on Day 3. It sounds like if he has got there a few minutes later he would have left empty handed. Everybody wants to shark a deal.
If the estate seller is sitting on a Williams Swinger in less than average condition, he might be motivated to unload on Day 1 at most any price. If the educated estate seller is hanging around here and is selling a Stern Quicksilver, that pin ain't going nowhere on Day 1 or 2 for anything less that full asking price. On Day 3 the estate seller may decide to drag it home for himself.

Part of my problem is that most estate sales with pins I see are long distance (3-4+ hours each way) and I can't do multiple trips like that on a glimmer of hope. It's a waste of time and gas. I think there's only been 2-3 local estate sales with pins within an hour's drive in the past few years.

#11843 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Me: This is a picture from the Alien Poker pin listed above.
Seller: Head is removed from base as well as I have removed the glass for safety reasons. It was found in a barn. Just too much of a job for me right now.
[quoted image]

He didn't know how to open the game properly, did he?

#11902 5 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Sorry if this was posted earlier... could actually be an HUO...
richmond.craigslist.org link

Looks like it to me. No obvious wear, and the shooter lane is in great shape.

1 month later
#12277 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

There is a possibility this is a super rare System 80 version, it has a 3 coin slot coin door. System 80's had the capability for Susan B $1 coins, not System 1's. Or the coin door had been swapped.

Oooo...good eye. That's exciting. Wish I was close enough to check it out.

#12282 4 years ago

So, did anyone check out that Hulk at the IL estate sale this morning? I'd be really interested to hear if it was a sys80 prototype or not.

#12330 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

He’s a few early pics. It was a beast to remove from the house. It would have been great if they had a key to the head!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is an incredible find. Congrats

#12365 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Yes, you and Rey were right. Thanks to Rey’s post, I reached out to them and they accepted. I have watched all the great deals on this thread......they seem to be as far away from me as possible. Florida, New Hampshire, Oregon.
I guess I just “dumb lucked” into this one.
Now, I need to find the special Game#500 manual.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Was there even a manual made since it was just a limited prototype run?

1 week later
#12398 4 years ago

Lots of bingo machine in Mt Carmel, PA:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1143939529126037/?ref=product_details

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#12484 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Pinside does not even have it cataloged.

Added!

#victory-derby

#12499 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs major work - “As far as I've been able to tell, there seems to have been only 3 of these games produced--a 2-player version (seen in promo photos) and two 4-player versions. I found no documenta...”
2022-07-05
Ballston Spa, NY
1,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 5642 times
Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs major work - “This is a project machine that was rescued from a hotel fire. The playfield has no obvious signs of wear that I can spot, but is dirty and needs a shop job. The game boots and f...”
2019-06-03
Saratoga Springs, NY
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 1215 times
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Rare game. Project machine. Battery damaged MPU. No broken plastics, but the plastic above the kickout hole has some paint wear. My original plan was to do a playfield swap and r...”
2019-07-15
Saratoga Springs, NY
Archived after: 27 days
Viewed: 1124 times
Contributed to Pinside

#12534 4 years ago

http://estatesales.net/NY/Saratoga-Springs/12866/2245836

Gottlieb Majorettes
Non-working. Low production game. As of a few minutes ago, it's still there. Owner is asking $200.
Estate sale sat & sun in Saratoga Springs, NY
1 (1) (resized).jpg1 (1) (resized).jpg1 (2) (resized).jpg1 (2) (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#12572 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Machine - For Sale

FS: Allied Leisure Super Picker, Rare, 1 of 2 known examples

Functional - needs major work “As far as I've been able to tell, there seems to have been only two of these games produced--a 2-player version (seen in promo photos) and this 4-player version. I found no documen...”

900 (OBO)

Machine - For Sale

FS: Demolition Man Project

Archived

Functional - needs major work “This is a project machine that was rescued from a hotel fire.

The playfield has no obvious signs of wear that I can spot, but is dirty and needs a shop job.

The game boots and f...”

Machine - For Sale

FS: Gottlieb Star Race Project w/ spare bg &amp; NOS playfie

Used - shows wear, needs some work “Rare game. Project machine. Battery damaged MPU.

No broken plastics, but the plastic above the kickout hole has some paint wear.

My original plan was to do a playfield swap and r...”

DM is sold.

Super Picker is still available.

Price drop on Star Race.

Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs major work - “As far as I've been able to tell, there seems to have been only 3 of these games produced--a 2-player version (seen in promo photos) and two 4-player versions. I found no documenta...”
2022-07-05
Ballston Spa, NY
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Rare game. Project machine. Battery damaged MPU. No broken plastics, but the plastic above the kickout hole has some paint wear. My original plan was to do a playfield swap and r...”
2019-07-15
Saratoga Springs, NY
Contributed to Pinside

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#12800 4 years ago

Price drop on these projects

Machine - For Sale
2019-07-15
Saratoga Springs, NY
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
2022-07-05
Ballston Spa, NY
1,200 (OBO)

1 week later
#12972 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Without a doubt there are tons of project machines just sitting.

I think most folks who regularly repair games have a few sitting in the repair queue waiting for the right time and/or parts to come along. Sometimes I'll polish off 2 or 3 pretty quickly when they're a similar era/boardset. Other times, when a game needs more work, research, or parts hunting, it might sit for a few months or longer depending on what state it was in when I found it.

Though I finally started to weed out some of the project games I'm less interested in, just don't have time for, or have been taking up too much space. I was buying them faster than I could fix them for a while. The thrill of the chase was part of the fun.

I just finally finished a parts machine that had been sitting idle for 2 years

#13031 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Coffee Table Alert!
Manufacturer: D. Gottlieb &amp; Co.
Game/Type: Sinbad / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1978
Production: 12,000
Cost: $200
OP: Vintage pinball machine converted to coffee table. Perfect for man cave,garage, game room. Doesn’t play but lights up

Looks salvageable if you can find a head. It looks like they just cut down the legs and removed the neck, and pretty much left everything else. I wonder if the wiring is intact. It might be if the GI lights up.

[edit]: found one: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82019

#13041 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

The ad says it lights up but doesn't play so I would assume the wiring is solid.

My concern was the wiring to the backbox. I'm reasonably sure you could still have GI in a system 1 game even if the backbox wires were cut since the GI just pretty much a direct tap from the transformer.

#13049 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Ok. There’s gotta be some Space Shuttle projects out there. Where they all gone?

I still see a small handful every year. A couple months ago, there was one at a local antiques auction, but it was pretty beat and the price went higher than it was really worth.

2 weeks later
#13326 4 years ago

I'm going to have a few projects in the flea market at the Saratoga Pinball & Arcade Show on Friday 8/9 and Saturday 8/10 in Saratoga Springs, NY:

-Williams Flash
-GamePlan Sharpshooter
-GamePlan Sharp Shooter II
-Gottlieb Bounty Hunter
-Allied Leasure Super Picker (Incredibly Rare - 1 of only 2 confirmed to exist)

#13331 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Motordome / SS
Year: June 1986
Production: 2,000
Cost: $300
Seller: Vincent LoVerde
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/2885779068115540/?sale_post_id=2885779068115540&amp;rt=11
OP: Bally Motordome pinball. Game turns on but doesn’t start. I have a video of what it does. You can hear it coin up but will not start. Playfield has normal wear and cabinet is in good shape. Backglass looks good from front but you can see it has some peeling from behind
forceflow Weren't you looking for a Bally system 6803 pin for your collection?

Yep, but it looks like they want $850 now

#13333 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Hate when sellers turn it into an auction, when that happens I tell the seller I'm out!

Yup, same here. With a blind auction, for all you know, you could be bidding against yourself.

#13352 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm going to have a few projects in the flea market at the Saratoga Pinball &amp; Arcade Show on Friday 8/9 and Saturday 8/10 in Saratoga Springs, NY:
-Williams Flash
-GamePlan Sharpshooter
-GamePlan Sharp Shooter II
-Gottlieb Bounty Hunter
-Allied Leasure Super Picker (Incredibly Rare - 1 of only 2 confirmed to exist)

Adding one more project:
-Big Guns

#13354 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I'm sure you'll have no shortage of takers for Big Guns !
What are you asking?

That depends on what state it's in. When it went into storage, it booted and flipped, but it's been sitting a while. I won't know until at least tomorrow night when I start setting things up on the show floor.

1 week later
#13576 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Not mine:
Williams Comet $150 in Maine, NY
binghamton.craigslist.org link

Looks like a pretty nice playfield too, though I can't quite tell if it's been touched up or not. The center ramp looks like it may be intact, but the jump ramp is shot.

Either way, bargain of the day!

#13610 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Contacted the seller and received a reply: all 4 games are now $800. I told him I'd pick up if he wanted to honor his original listing of $200 for all.

Somehow I'm not suprised. Still not a bad deal, though.

#13621 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I reached out to them as well. I don't feel it is worth that...probably more like 200, but that's why we negotiate, right?
Here's the pic they sent me:[quoted image]

Is there a crack in the backglass, or is that just a reflection?

#13626 4 years ago

Sad I missed this! Any idea who got them and what cocktails they were?

cocktail asteroids, stand-up asteroids deluxe, game plan lady luck, and game plan chuck-a-luck
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13682 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Just a heads up that this is a scam. They took my exact wording from one I sold a few months ago.[quoted image]

Did you report it to Daina?

#13801 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You guys don't keep up with prices, do you? Lol. That is a $4,000 Jurassic park in today's market.

I don't think $4k is not the market price for that title. I've seen a few people listing it for for that price, but I doubt they actually sold. Just because it's listed for a certain price, doesn't mean someone will actually pay that.

High 2's or low-3's depending on condition. Sometimes mid-3's if it's something exceptional. I almost had one last year for $1900 that needed some work, but I was already hauling something and couldn't grab it.

#13874 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

The "flipper" is still taking a risk and having to manage the transaction. More power to him/her I say.

#13881 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I always thought this sentiment was amusing. People act like it is bad to re-sell a pinball. Essentially everything you have ever bought in your life has been "flipped."
What's the criteria? They sold it too quick? They made too much profit? They didn't fix it up enough???
People do these things everyday to every product we have all ever purchased. What do you think Walmart and Amazon do??? Heck... eBay made a fortune on other people doing it for them!!

The issue that with any cheap pin ad, there are a dozen people lined up for it, and most of those probably just want to fix it up and add it to their collection.

Instead, a flipper sometimes gets in line first for the game and grabs it, does nothing to add value to the game, and just jacks up the price just for the sake of making a buck. It does nothing for the game, nor anything for the pinball community.

Retailers have a supply chain of goods, so that's not really an apples to apples comparison.

#13906 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Seller dropped the price of the Hulk to $575

Sounds like a good deal. The playfield looks pretty good, which is the main thing. Usually, there's a lot of wear around the bonus inserts. Missing boards aren't really an issue for system 1 games since a lot of times they are replaced anyway. No white dots on the displays, so the glass is probably good on all of them.

If I was local, I'd be sorely tempted on that one.

#13911 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Are games ever in BETTER shape than the pics show? This has not been my experience. lol

It's only happened to me once. I got a POTC that ended up being HUO.

#13943 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

"maybe underneath"?

Yes, sometimes you can remove what's been painted over top and return the cabinet to its original state. Why some people decide to cover a cabinet with paint like that, I have no idea.

Probably the same type of people who insist on painting antiques green or whatever.

#13947 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Been my experience 25% of cabinets still have the original paint lurking under the repaint and my luck so far has been zero getting the repaint off without destroying the original paint. God bless people who pull it off, like winning the lottery.

I've seen some people post good results on paint removal. Unfortunately, the three cabs I've attempted haven't been too successful in that the paint was very difficult & time consuming to remove. I probably won't go after any more games with painted cabinets since I've found them to be such a pain to work with.

#13949 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Talked to Estate Sale Company:
Unsure of condition at this time
No pre-sales
Pricing will not be set until the week of the sale.

No big surprise there.

1 week later
#14159 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

This an interesting project for someone.
Old Plantation
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Old+plantation&amp;search=Search+Database&amp;searchtype=quick#1708

That's pretty interesting. Never heard/seen anything like it before.

2 weeks later
#14430 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I love the smell of projects in the morning

I'm not sure where your get your projects, but the ones I get typically don't smell too good, lol

#14433 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

That one is estate sales.net
Im not sure why it doesn't open up for you. I always doublecheck them.
You can go to the web page and type it in on their search bar

It works for me.

#14520 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Freedom EM
Super Straight
Bolton Landing, NY
glensfalls.craigslist.org link

Basically in my backyard--that never happens

#14522 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I figured one of guys already grabbed them when I posted it. It was too good to be true.

If the were SS games, they probably would've been gone in a hot second.

#14553 4 years ago

So if anyone knows anyone with a decent Kiss they want to sell for a reasonable price, please let me know so we can make this happen!

Did you see this one? https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/3027302040629908/?sale_post_id=3027302040629908

#14554 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Complete whirlwind for 1250!
Go go go!!!
https://m.facebook.com/fred.lange.5/posts/pcb.3034753789884733/?photo_id=10216790346530173&amp;mds=%2Fphotos%2Fviewer%2F%3Fphotoset_token%3Dpcb.3034753789884733%26photo%3D10216790346530173%26profileid%3D100000164260227%26source%3D48%26refid%3D18%26ref%3Dcontent_filter%26_ft_%3Dqid.6746121887220846426%253Amf_story_key.3034753789884733%253Agroup_id.659847244042078%253Atop_level_post_id.3034753789884733%253Atl_objid.3034753789884733%253Acontent_owner_id_new.1208330062%253Acommerce_rank_obj.%257B%2522viewer_id%2522%253A100000164260227%252C%2522target_id%2522%253A2451404801646374%252C%2522target_type%2522%253A0%252C%2522primary_position%2522%253A6%252C%2522secondary_position%2522%253A0%252C%2522search_query%2522%253A%2522%2522%252C%2522search_sid%2522%253A%2522%2522%252C%2522session_id%2522%253A0%252C%2522typeahead_sid%2522%253A%2522%2522%252C%2522ranking_signature%2522%253A1152915224684627356%252C%2522commerce_channel%2522%253A103%252C%2522commerce_type%2522%253A2%252C%2522ectr%2522%253A0%252C%2522value%2522%253A0.033189348295397%252C%2522model_scores%2522%253A%257B%257D%252C%2522upsell_candidate_ids%2522%253A[]%252C%2522upsell_type%2522%253Anull%252C%2522metadata%2522%253A%257B%257D%252C%2522ad_imp_delivery_data_binary%2522%253Anull%252C%2522qp_renderer_type%2522%253Anull%252C%2522top_unit_ranking_score%2522%253Anull%252C%2522is_budget_upsell%2522%253Afalse%252C%2522is_pacer_applied%2522%253Afalse%252C%2522is_billboard_promotion_upsell%2522%253Afalse%252C%2522category_id%2522%253Anull%252C%2522candidate_score_map%2522%253Anull%252C%2522vertical%2522%253Anull%257D%253Asrc.22%253Aphoto_id.10216790346530173%253Astory_location.6%253Astory_attachment_style.group_sell_product_item%253Afilter.GroupRankedFeedEntQuery%26__tn__%3DEH-R%26cached_data%3Dfalse%26ftid%3D&amp;mdp=1&amp;mdf=1

Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Link is broken

Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/permalink/3034753789884733/?sale_post_id=3034753789884733

Note, if you click the timestamp below the title, that will give you the permalink that you can copy & paste.

1 week later
#14634 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Don’t part it! Someone will scoop that up. The score motor is no big big deal. I just picked up a machine with the same issue and it was something so stupid. I didn’t notice the first ten times I looked for it.

Could be just a zero position switch not making contact--yeah, I wouldn't part it out either.

#14639 4 years ago

DE Rocky & bullwinkle empty cab & backbox for sale in northern NJ:

newjersey.craigslist.org link

I don't think I've seen too many DE cabinets pop up.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14669 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Not all of the pictures will load on my phone, but from what I can see I don’t recognize any sought after titles. It looks like they’ve been stored in non-climate controlled storage for a long time.
The titles that I recognize are:
Cleopatra
Sinbad
Close Encounters
Several EMs
Unless someone recognizes a pin that’s desirable, I don’t think it’s worth more than $100-200 total

Fairly common stuff for the most part. If someone has the space and could work out a deal, Pinfest would be a good place to unload them.

#14678 4 years ago

I emailed the seller earlier today and asked a couple additional questions but have not gotten a reply yet. I sold my parts business to a guy from Maryland and we are in the process of moving a dozen van &amp; trailer loads of stuff in his direction over the next few weeks. So I figure he might be interested in the load for the parts. From the pictures price is not really all that far out of line if the metal stuff on the bottom of the playfields isn't all rusty. Not a "steal of a deal" but not bad either at $1250 (or $1375) depending on which is the actual price.
My issue is 1000 miles of driving for a "trailer load of junk" I don't really need. I figure two nights in a motel, cheap food, and fuel will run me an addtional $500 (or more) to go grab the stuff for the new owner of the parts business. Once you add those expenses into the mix it becomes a lot more risky!

Congrats on the sale

I know it's hard to resist, but you don't have to run and grab every pile of parts that surfaces; stay home and relax and let someone else take a crack at it. There are plenty of bulk buyers up around here.

1 week later
#14777 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

capecod.craigslist.org link
$300
Very tempted, but I'm not driving out to the ass end of the Cape for a middling game while nursing a vicious cold.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the artwork on that game, but the gameplay isn't exciting at all. You're not missing much.

I can't quite tell if it's just the lighting or not, but the backglass and cabinet seem to look somewhat faded.

#14781 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

True, but for $300 not a bad deal either.

It's a $500 game at most.

#14816 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Here are two nice comet project candidates. I don't really have photos available since they're wrapped up for storage, but I have a few photos from the original sellers, which I ca...”
2019-10-30
Saratoga Springs, NY
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 445 times
Contributed to Pinside

#14834 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am selling a Stern memory lane
Solid state for 450. Project, but looks really close to up and flipping.
Located in Dallas, TX or I can deliver to the Houston arcade and pinball expo. I will ship it at buyers expense as well.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You should probably cut off that original MPU battery.

#14938 4 years ago
Quoted from sndchaser:

There's a 3 feedback seller with a $65 buy it now Bad Cats but your payment is just a deposit towards the full price. Sounds legit.
ebay.com link » Bad Cats Pinball Machine Williams
Should buy it just to leave them negative feedback when you don't get a Bad Cats for $65 shipped.

He also has a truck stop listed in the same way.

#14962 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

estate sales usually means someone has died.

Not every time. Sometimes it's a moving sale of some sort. Someone going into assisted living, a nursing home, or downsizing to an apartment.

1 week later
2 weeks later
#15108 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Atari Time 2000/Middle Earth Pinball Machine
$800 OBO
phoenix.craigslist.org link
This is a Time 2000 pinball machine but has a Middle Earth backglass installed (sorry don't have the Time 2000 BG). Included are TWO Middle Earth playfields, one fully populated (flipper mechs not installed but have them in parts box) and the other mostly populated, TWO Middle Earth CPU boards(unknown if these work) and a TON of extra parts

Time 2000 is a pretty hard one to find. Too bad about the backglass, though.

That's a pretty good haul of parts along with it too.

#15164 4 years ago

This lot would be right up my alley if I didn't just sell the parts business. Save what you can and part out the rest! Lots of money to be made but a lot of work also!

Quite a haul there. Looks like there's already 3 bids on it.

1 month later
#15348 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I suppose you may gather some flack for your statement. SI has 316 pinside owners and 175 wish listers OTOH, I got a free ride with Contact. I was not expecting that. I was figuring I was going to grab some downvotes with my coffee table statement and no one was even bothered by that

I've always like Space Invaders as a piece of art, rather than a game. As a game, it's not very good. As a piece of art, it's eye catching, and I enjoy looking at it. Plus, it has the nostalgia factor for me, since it was one of the main location pins available to me when I was a kid.

I imagine this is part of the reason why it appeared in the Captain Marvel movie--it's an interesting looking game.

#15390 4 years ago

Guy sent a bunch of pictures and raised all his ads to $650. Not sure if it’s worth it. He’s sent me a TON. But again... Gameplan, with a bad MPU...

Not worth it.

There was a nice working Attila for sale not too long ago that was listed for about the same price for an extended period of time. It's rare, but not highly desirable, unfortunately.

Quoted from bluespin:

It’s really hard to find working gameplay mpus and they’re hard to work on. There was a company called lake something that made replacement mpus but they’ve been out of business for two years now.

Echo Lake.

That's unfortunate. I had not heard they closed.

#15427 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Don't know if this person has a storefront or who it is.
Just saw this rather vague post on CL.
Sounds like another source I was not aware of.
iowacity.craigslist.org link

That's identical to posts I've seen posted in the NY section. Same photos too.

#15508 4 years ago

[edit]: Sold!

I've been thinking about thinning the herd of project games and releasing my complete set of Atari games back into the wild.

I haven't plugged them in for a while, but they've been in climate controlled storage since I acquired them. Most are average to nice condition, from what I recall.

Atarians (Some playfield wear. Booted & flipped to some degree)
Time 2000 (Untested. Spare backbox, backglass, and playfield)
Airborne Avenger (booted & flipped, but the display fuse was blowing)
Middle Earth (Booted & flipped to some degree, I think. Spare backglass)
(2x) Space Riders (Untested. One has a flipper drag mark, the other has rusty playfield mechs. One backbox has a bondo repair that wasn't painted)
Superman (Booted & flipped. Spare backbox & lamp panel, spare boards, spare displays. The building plastic is unbroken.)

Several boards & displays, a transformer, various playfield parts & plastics, owl eye coin doors, a lockbar, one or two additional populated playfields, coinboxes, manuals, schematics, plastic aprons--all sorts of treasures.

Open to offers for just the games as one lot, or all the games and the mountain of parts. Might be willing to entertain trades.
me (resized).jpgme (resized).jpgt2k (resized).jpgt2k (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 45.00
$ 169.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Boards
Troxel Repair
Boards
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
399 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ForceFlow. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=ForceFlow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.