IMG_0158 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9892 Hantavirus information regarding mouse urine. Posted by Pecos (5 years ago)

Post #23256 Important Site navigation information Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FatPanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12492 4 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Grand Prix / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1976
Production: 10,554
Cost: Buy It Now: $775 OR Make Offer
Link/Contact: ebay.com link
OP: Manufactured 1976 Williams Gran Prix pin ball machine. 10,554 unit s produced. Has mechanical reels, Up to 4-players.
The city displayed on the back glass is the Principality of Monaco well known for its in-town Grand Prix. It shows the harbor area known as the "S" of the swimming pool just before where cars have to sharp-turn at the "Rascasse" restaurant.
Pin ball machine works well without out mechanical issues.

Awesome deal!

#12503 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Noticed the seller ended his listing.
In his description he mentioned two other Sterns to sell -- I had inquired thru e-bay when the listing was still active and they were a Meteor and Galaxy. He said he'd sell all three for $1700 -- If I was not already full on projects and if I didn't already own a Meteor/Galaxy I'd be posting some pictures in the "What Machine did you bring home today" Thread!
Hopefully someone was able to take advantage.

It was too far from me, otherwise I would have jumped on it also!

1 month later
#13216 4 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Congrats Project Pin guys and gals on reaching a milestone, of sorts. “Topic is favorited by 400 Pinsiders”

No! That just means that I have to compete with 400 other people for a pin!

2 weeks later
#13644 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Yes it does. It all begins to look the same on the highway. My wife is originally from Maine and we have the obligatory trips we have to make there throughout the year and it’s a very long ride.
I have to commend everyone who has driven great lengths to get a pin. I haven’t mustered up the courage yet. I keep telling myself I will because I know where one is that I want but I also know it’s likely not going anywhere so I’m in no rush. Driving 13 hours round trip doesn’t seem like that much fun.

I did a 10 hr round trip for a player's condition Rollergames only a few weeks ago. Probably one of the worst distance:game ratios I've ever done lol.

#13648 4 years ago

Not mine:
Kings of Steel on Facebook $400 Lansing, MI
OP: Bally kings of steel pinball machine . Lights up, does not boot up. Not shure what it is . Wear on play field, perfect back glass, nice cabinet
Posted in Pinball Marketplace Buy and Sell

Me: Not sure how to post direct facbook links?

KoS (resized).jpgKoS (resized).jpg
#13653 4 years ago

In Ohio but it's likely gone. I'm sure he's getting spammed with messages.
Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

UPDATE: Sold in 4 minutes

#13665 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I was fortunate to see this ad right after it was posted. I replied right away and provided my name and phone number and the seller called me right away and I told him I would take it and pickup after work. When I spoke with him later, he said he received over 40 replies to the ad but he kept his word and sold me the game since I was the first to reply. He was offered much more than his asking price and I did pay him more than his asking price. [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Nice grab! I saw it posted within a few minutes too (I don't know why my pic says 3 hours), and would have jumped on it if in driving distance. Yo! Taxi!

#13727 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: High Speed / SS
Year: January 1986
Production: 17,080
Cost: $600
Seller: Erik Johnson
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/529722011130743/
OP: Good used condition. 1986 original High Speed pinball. Needs a little t.l.c. Everything in pretty good working condition.. Could use new flippers and rubbers. (Ebay)? Must pick up and haul. (Not light) Serious inquiries only..
Me: Wish it were closer!

Messaging the seller. Hopefully it's still available.

1 week later
#13854 4 years ago

With these estate sales, do you just show up and "get in line"? Is it an auction format? It it like a glorified garage sale? How does it work?

#13859 4 years ago

Good to know. Most of the ones posted here haven't been close enough to warrant the drive to wait in line and not know what the price is. If it were an hour or less away, yeah maybe, for a title I really wanted, but anything more than that would be wasted time, especially based off of what you guys have said. Thanks!

1 week later
#14068 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

That's a score!
I've owned 2, and I am currently cleaning up a meteor playfield to hang on my game room wall.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What is going here?

#14180 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: #frontier / SS
Year: October 1980
Production: 1,850
Cost: $125!
Link: wilmington.craigslist.org link
OP:Bally “Frontier” pinball machine 1980. All there, but needs restoration.

Instabuy right here. Wow!

#14261 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Quick Draw
Triple Action
Strato-Flite
OP: Located in Northfield, MN. I have 3 non working pinball machines for sale. Not sure what is wrong with them. Bought them as projects but realized I don’t have the time to fix them. I’m selling them as a lot. $1000 takes all 3 or make a offer.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2224157787874511/

The ad was taken down. Must be gone already.

#14263 4 years ago

Hmm. it shows that the ad has been taken down for me....strange.

#14266 4 years ago

I see it in a different group. I'm part of the EM Pinball group, but not the EM arcades group.

#14305 4 years ago
Quoted from e-rock:

$75 Argosy, can’t beat that.
siouxcity.craigslist.org link

6.5 hrs from me. just a few hours closer and I'd be there!

#14319 4 years ago

They would need to pay me to take that off of them. Sheesh!

BUT...you never know what's underneath.

#14325 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I'm not that familiar with EM titles, but I wasn't aware Argosy was considered a good one.
Looks like it was snagged pretty quick either way.
-Hans

A smart guy like you would be able to figure out EMs in no time. Buy a cheap one (you missed out!) and start tinkering and learning! The nice thing about EMs is that everything is right in front of your eyes.

#14377 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

MotherF.................. Dammit, I don't have facebook, or cash.

I messaged a friend of mine in the area (15 minutes away). He said a buddy of his messaged last night, and he messaged early this morning, but neither have gotten responses. I'm guessing it's gone or has turned into a bidding war.

2 weeks later
#14651 4 years ago

1980 Williams Scorpion
De Pere, WI
$400
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86499

#14752 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Austin Powers / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 2001
Asking Price: $ 500
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/733314613854079/
OP: Needs work, will consider best offer.

at $500, it sounds like a "too good to be true" deal, but you never know!

#14755 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Joker Poker / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1978
Asking Price: $ 150
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/547756749374220/
OP: Don’t know anything about it doesn’t work more for parts or clean up and look cool it’s pretty rough

That would be worth a look. My initial thoughts were that it was stored outside but the cab looks decent enough? Maybe sheltered at the least?

#14812 4 years ago

Atari Atarians
Deforest, WI
$250
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/259715881631402/

OP: Atari Atarians Pinball machine. It’s been stored inside but in an outdoor shed for a while. It doesn’t work but with a good cleanup would look nice and I’m sure could be restored. The glass backdrop is still in good condition. The serial number is 0029, so one of the first ones made by Atari. It’s a super cool machine, just needs someone to bring it back to life. Asking $250 or best offer

Atarians (resized).jpgAtarians (resized).jpg
#14838 4 years ago

Not mine

WMS No Fear Project
$1850

OP:
This is a domestic restoration candidate. The boards are clean and good. The head fell down on the cabinet and broke the glass. I believe the head was hit by a forklift as ive never seen siderails this dented. The head is starting to seperate and will need repair. Backglass is good as well as display.
The playing surface will need insert decals . Ive searched and it seems they are available. Cabinet is faded. Ramp could use replacement but still intact.
This is a nice winter project for someone.
Easy pick up from my studio in Woodbury.
I will post pictures soon.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-no-fear-dangerous-sports-54

#14839 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Manufacturer: Data East
Game/Type: #time-machine / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: Dec 1988
Cost: $800
Link: duluth.craigslist.org link
OP: In Great condition! Was working and then it was moved to my location and it only half lights up. I’m quite sure if someone knows about these machines it is an easy fix. Pick up in Duluth.

ughhh.
I just made a 10 hr round trip to pick up an LOTR last weekend. This would be another 10 hr round trip for me. I want this!

#14842 4 years ago

I just can't do it guys...C..ann....t....d...oooo...iiitttt.......

#14897 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Manufacturer: Sega
Game/Type: Baywatch / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: Feb 1995
Cost: $1500
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2503179119751605/

I sent a PM, but I'm sure it's gone

#14900 4 years ago

Did you get it? I just saw it as "Pending" (no other response from the seller).

#14901 4 years ago

He just messaged me saying it's $2K now. I don't do auction style sales...

#14906 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Night Rider
for sale here....
https://www.estatesales.net/WI/Deforest/53532/2395941
Right up your alley fatpanda

Not too keen on a Night Rider right now. Plus I'm not sure I'll be able to make it past all those creepy-ass dolls. Yeesh!

#14916 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

The Omaha "Salsa" Mata-Hari just dropped 50% in price today, now down to 300.
omaha.craigslist.org link
That actually puts it into prime restoration territory now, ready for hard-top, new backglass, and a stencil set.
-Hans

The cabinet paint actually looks really well done, but why TF "Salsa"? Does it come with a Mexican sombrero topper?

You would need plastics too, as it look like he just has clear plastics cut out.

#14931 4 years ago
Quoted from MD_Pinball_Dude:

ZERO FEEDBACK? NEW SELLER! SELLING PINBOT!? Run, Forrest, Run............away.....

Just agree with the seller to pay with cash upon pickup. If they can't do that, then yes, Run.

#14955 4 years ago

Not mine

GTB Devil's Dare
$600
Stevens Point, WI
https://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=20139&sid=05acb48d790a05c0b29c3508fae56746#p20139

OP:

I have too many projects I’m not getting too and need some space. Offering up for sale is a project Devils Dare. Playfeild has some wear see pictures. It’s a players game for sure. It’s missing the sound power supply board and two 7 digit displays. Some cut wires under playfeild. Some rusted mechs. Comes with proper height legs. MPU and Sound are untested and I would assume they need repair. Sc-1 Chip is present.
Back glass is in nice shape for this game. Some lifting that can be handled with a careful triple thick job. But unlike most the art is all there.

Loadout is will be easy. It will be moved to garage before you get here.
Located just outside stevens point, wi. Cash.
Thanks
Ed

2 weeks later
#15046 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Game/Type: Strange Science / SS
Year: Nov 1986
Production: 2,350
Cost: $50
Seller: Rj Grissom
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/472536986939776/
OP: Missing power supply and a single ramp. You haul.

That's an instabuy.

1 week later
#15113 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Like 45+ hour round trip.

It's only 26 hrs round trip for me. I'll race ya to it!

#15117 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm a patient man, another always coming down the pike sooner or later.

Definitely. If it were about 10-12 hours closer, I would consider, but it's not high on my list. Though a SS pin under $400 is real tempting.

#15144 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Game/Type: Black Rose / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1992
Production: 3746
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: chicago.craigslist.org link
OP: Bally pirate pinball machine. Been sitting a long time but it turns on and lights up.

Quoted from dmieczko:

No cannon wear on the playfield - someone should go grab this immediately.

I just sent them an email. We'll see what happens!

#15149 4 years ago

It wasn't me

#15187 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Not sure why ANY of those were posted in the 'Project Pins' thread, honestly.

He's typically posted games available through estate sales (which is great since they don't get much exposure here). Some may or may not be in project shape, but typically it's been from estate sales.

3 weeks later
#15330 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

It's $699 on CL: denver.craigslist.org link I was thinking about it but I don't know the machine at all and have never worked on System 11's. I'll be looking for a new Bally SS project soon, tho.

I would definitely grab it for $700. Police Force is a quirky theme and fun game. You can break it down to center ramp all day, but it's fun to play the entirety of the playfield. I'd be curious to see the bottom-side of the playfield.

Looks like the CL listing is gone, so it must have been sold.

#15373 4 years ago

A lead to a 1965 Gottlieb Thoro-Bred

Machine doesn't power up. Contact rosh

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/161#post-5410413

#15429 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Guy's name is Richard. Friendly guy. Pretty knowledgeable from the couple of emails we've had back and forth.

But does he steal your money when you pay him for the parts??!!

#15477 4 years ago

Interesting CL post for anyone in the Milwaukee area.

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

"Curb alert (West Allis)
Shelving - metal, plastic, wood grain.
Nesco roaster with cabinet.
pinball machine table
110th St between Washington and Walker."

#15480 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Oh wow it’s free on the curb! Someone grab it!

I'd probably drive by if I was in the area. I edited my post to include "Curb Alert" as well.

#15552 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Sounds like a great opportunity....for the seller to have suckers show up with cash and then rob them.

For $300? Bring a friend or two.

I would be over there if it was closer.

#15569 4 years ago
Quoted from PSchwisow:

Eight Ball Deluxe
$345
Evanston/Skokie,IL
chicago.craigslist.org link

I just emailed him, but its been posted for 8 hrs now...so its probably gone.

#15619 4 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

at $50 and in the Wisconsin Market, that thing was probably gone 10 minutes after it was posted.

I'm sure it's gone too. I even checked market place last night before I went to bed and it didn't show up for me.

EDIT: Just realized my settings was for 60 mi radius. Son of a bitch.

#15683 4 years ago

Now he just needs a Paragon to go with it.

#15695 4 years ago

Package deal. Not mine:

Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs minor work - “Pin has rebuilt boards,Works but does not score right. Bowler New rottendog mpu, Works but sound quit, Did work, Both complete games, but need some work. Package deal Both for $100...”
2020-02-05
New Kensington, PA
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 492 times

#15744 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

My newest project, picked up this morning after a 1am Craigslist notification and conversation. Cab is pretty rough, and missing the lockdown bar and playfield glass, but the boards are good and it flips!
Been looking for a project one for 2 years now. The people I bought it from were really nice.... But their house was maaaaaayyyyyyybbbbee a little sketchy......[quoted image][quoted image]

#15811 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Sorcerer
Williams
Amarillo, TX
$150
OP:This pinball machine has been through arcades left and right and has been a great machine! Definitely all there and is super heavy! 150 obo priced to sell!! Message me for more information! Will go fast no holds serious inquiries only!
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2661392337451745/

Complete and only $150? Instabuy.

1 week later
#15893 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Not a project
Last Action Hero
Data East
$1,600
Watertown, WI
OP:Selling a like new Last Action Hero full size pinball machine. 2nd owner - comes with full spare PCB, EEPROM, solenoids, light bulbs, connectors, bands, coin box, sets of keys - full diagnostcs - works great! Serious inquires only - no trades considered
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1816358128494685/

Helluva deal. No room, and have R&M coming, plus just bought a Skateball...otherwise I'd be there.

1 week later
#15978 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Extremely common on this game. At least from the handful that I've worked on, all had almost 100% loose inserts.

I had to reglue nearly all of the inserts in my Ship Ahoy. It's probably pretty common in this era. Nothing to worry about really.

#16033 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Meteor
Stern
Price: $500
OP:Worked and we moved it and I think the mover hooked it up wrong I'm sure it's a simple fix
Link:https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/217127179346404/

Wish it were closer!

#16060 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

A month ago I'd be pushing hard to get this F2K home. Looks to be a minor project at under a grand.
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

A week ago, I'd be emailing this guy and setting up a time to pick it up! How things can change from day to day.

#16071 4 years ago

Williams Hot Tip - $350
Fremont, MI
grandrapids.craigslist.org link

Seller: This machine is a project pinball machine. It is the SS Hot Tip. Machine has NO BOARDS but is complete other than that. A nice solid project for someone! Back glass is not great, but playfield isn’t bad except for one spot that has some lost paint from removing Mylar.

Great game that will clean up nice for someone!

#16072 4 years ago

Gottlieb Monte Carlo - $700
Fremont, MI
grandrapids.craigslist.org link

Seller: 100% complete project machine. Looks pretty clean overall. From inspection, it’s clear a flasher locked on at some point. We didn’t do anything to this game. Great project for someone!

#16115 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

GO GO GO!!!!!
Robo-War
Gottlieb
Price: $150!
OP:Needs refurbished. Still turns on but can't play
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1022016598199659/

that's a deal! East Coast though

#16175 4 years ago

The "seller" isn't someone that has posted in the community I hope?

#16213 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

World Cup Soccer
Bally
Price: $100!!!
Op:Need to declutter our cabin. No one needs these giant machines. Pretty sure it works.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2700693863386967/

Quoted from edward472:

Batman Forever
Sega
Price: $100!!!
Op:Batman forever pinball game. Fairly certain it works but wife doesn't play pinball to know for sure. Need to free up some cash and room at our cabin
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1024879514576163/

Those don't have listings anymore. Either they're legit and gone, or reported as a scam and removed.

1 week later
#16312 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

picked up a cheap white water last night that was missing the topper. If anyone has a old topper or even a repro topper I would take it off your hands.

This wasnt the one on ebay in MN was it?

#16367 4 years ago

Joker Poker on Ebay
$400 starting bid
Brooklyn, NY
ebay.com link: itm

"unit turns on but i cant get it to light up, i have no idea how to use it, unit was left behind by previous owner"

#16381 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Flash
Williams ss
$500
Oklahoma City
Pinsider ryanbrooks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/94696

Wish this was closer!

#16385 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

man this virus has been great for pick ups. All in the last month, Whirlwind, Hurricane, nine ball, F14 tomcat, white water, and just snagged a cheap skateball.

Wish there were some deals around me right now. I could use a project to dig into.

2 weeks later
#16570 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Tell the seller to be patient. How much is he asking for it?

I offered 100 for it and he said someone is offering for much more than that. I told him I would pass if that was the case. I wasnt really sure how much they go for, but I cant imagine more than 500 for a decent/good condition one.

#16576 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Heck the lockdown bar is probably worth $50. And the backglass is very nice. Not that it should be parted. I guess being an EM guy I should feel grateful some still see them as old junk.
I feel like in our area it's worth $200 to $350 as a project. Depending of course on your desire for a charming AAB reverse wedgehead with backglass animation. I had a Wing Ding with the head spray painted black. It was tedious but I got it off to reveal fair original paint underneath. Seems like the same thing here or could just do a full repaint.
Anyway, I don't have a Facebook account but it looks to be spoken for anyway.

I guess I see more value in the machine as a whole rather than as parts. I get that the parts value might exceed the value of the game in this condition, but if it's as rare as people are saying, then there is infinitely more value in keeping it whole.

In any case, the backglass and playfield seem to be in great shape, the cabinet might be solid, but can't tell from the pics. It would definitely need work though if someone were to make it presentable in any way.

#16577 3 years ago

Someone took it for 450.

#16591 3 years ago

Williams Post Time
$275
Chicago, IL
chicago.craigslist.org link

OP:
Hello,

I'm selling this pinball machine arcade game from the 1960's. It lights up but currently is not working properly. Please see pictures.

300$ or OBO. Trade?

1 week later
#16651 3 years ago

as per usual, too far away.

2 weeks later
#16802 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Speaking of Sonic Butterfly, this posted recently in the Denver area for $1K:
cosprings.craigslist.org link
OP:
- Absolutely stunning pin with vibrant colors! Very few made and few great ones survived
- Plays and works 100%. Challenging game with strong coils and numerous fun shots.
- Very detailed internal restoration of every internal part. Pictures speak for themselves.
- Complete detailed teardown, cleaning, tuning, fixes and rebuild.
- Original plastics in great condition – no cracks or breaks, except 1 plastic carefully recreated due to “unobtainium” part.
- BEAUTIFUL backglass in MINT condition - stunning!! (If not mint its as close as it gets)
- BEAUTIFUL playfield!! Zero planking with original durable clear coat. These were known to have very nice playfields. Very minor ball trail at playfield top (see pic) and minor shooter wear at ball eject.
- Tasteful leds. Have incandescent bulbs if wanted.
- New rubbers, coil sleeves and replacement parts as needed. Manual copy included.
- Set to free play with easy jumper removal if desired.
- Cabinet does have fade, and some wear spots but presents very well. Replaced removable head panel.
- Sonic brand – Williams parts.
- Smoke free home.
- Will stage in garage for easy breakdown and pickup.
- Serious inquiries only, please.

Obviously not a project, but that a pretty machine. Very nice. If I were closer, I might consider.

#16806 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Apparently free Bow and Arrow in Minnesota.
brainerd.craigslist.org link

The ad is 7 days old. I bet it's gone already and the ad is still sitting there. I'd still reach out if I was closer though.

#16847 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

This is a 6 hours round-trip from me...
Seller said:
"condition: good
make / manufacturer: Balleys
1980 Flash Gordon balleys pinball machine everything is there,paint alittle faded.I traded some work for it so am not really knowing to much about it"
visalia.craigslist.org link
[quoted image][quoted image]

Easy pickup for 500. Someone is getting a good deal right here.

The playfield looks super nice. Not blown out like other FGs.

2 weeks later
#16957 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

When was the last time you saw an earthshaker below $2k? I don't think that sounds unreasonable.

Per seller, "game boots up into attack mode"

Might want to shave off another $500 if I'm going to get attacked after I turn it on

#16972 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Last Action Hero
Price:$1,800
OP: Last Action Hero Pinball machine. All flippers and bumpers in working condition. Art on board and back in excellent condition
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/692074511355811/

tempting...

#16975 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am 100% all over this, seller is a bit offbeat

Good, because I don't have room!

#17042 3 years ago

Two great pins on the cheap! Wish they were closer to me.

1 week later
#17147 3 years ago

Its a scam. The guy moved to Arizona, but has the game in storage, and wants to make sure it goes to a "loving" home. Cant see the game, but would connect me with someone to talk about it. I flagged it at that point. Surprised that its still up.

#17177 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Galahad, the backglass is an improvement

This is amazing.

00q0q_fY3FeKCWup3_0CI0t2_1200x900 (resized).jpg00q0q_fY3FeKCWup3_0CI0t2_1200x900 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#17458 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Alien Poker
Williams SS
$400
Winchester, VA
Pinsider mikedard
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99282

I must be missing something. How is that beat up? I'd be there if it were closer.

1 week later
#17577 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

This Embryon has a few cabinet and playfield flaws, so an easy cosmetic project. The ad has been up for a few weeks now and regularly getting updated and I'm very tempted but out of room. I'd say you can probably get it down a bit more possibly. Originally listed I think at $1800?
fargo.craigslist.org link

Weekend price of $1300. Go get it!

1 week later
#17827 3 years ago

I've got a Spanish Eyes I'm looking to sell. Rough cab, back panel on the cab might need replacement, doesn't have a backbox back panel either. Backglass is also rough, BUT everything has been gone through and it plays like a champ. Very snappy and fast. PF and plastics are in good shape. I would consider this a semi-project. Let me know if interested.

#17879 3 years ago

I wish I had the space for one of these. Would love to own one some day.

1 month later
#18466 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE
Oribitor One
Classic Stern SS
4 Million BC
Bally EM
Brookfield, IL
https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Brookfield/60513/2647035
TH OCT 1st - SAT OCT 3rd

That 4MBC looks pretty nice under that layer of dust.

1 month later
#18728 3 years ago

Really crazy how those two games are still listed, unless the OP just never update the ad. I'd definitely be loading those up. They wouldn't last 10 minutes here in the Midwest.

#18735 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/833831380760598/

This was posted on FB yesterday. I messaged him asking what games he has and generally in what condition, and he answered with one word: projects.

I doubt I'll be able to get more info from him, but if you're close and can check them out in person, Good Luck! If you do go, and you see any Gottlieb wedgeheads (AAB specifically), I would be interested!

#18737 3 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

This guy is Icollectmotorcycles on eBay. For awhile (pre-covid) he was selling games on eBay starting at $1 no reserve. I bought a Gottlieb Soccer from him. Maybe he’s now sold off all the good working games and only has projects left(?). Most the games he had been listing were not perfect.

I mean, I'm interested but I can't make a 4+ hr drive just to take a look. Some pics and some info would be appreciated. Just me, but I don't think it's too much to ask. I mean, just a one word response: "Projects" seems super lazy as a seller.

#18778 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Sorry I guess? In between your posts my wife had a deal setup. I don't even have Facebook so the initial opportunity was all yours.
Everybody hates it when a seller doesn't honor the first in, until they do...and that doesn't go over either I guess. Anyway I should probably just shut up as we all know nothing is certain until it's in your truck and you're pulling out of their driveway. Of course there was the time (long story) that wasn't enough either so...

It's cutthroat in the Midwest. I missed out on a $500 Joker Poker after I had messaged the seller within 30 minutes. I've missed out on a few other good and cheap projects over the last couple weeks. Kinda starting to make me wonder why so many are popping up over the last month. Anyway, you gotta be first in line, and hopefuly...HOPEFULLY, the seller honors their conversation with you, if they even reach out to you, and you can seal the deal with tendered cash and a game in your truck. You win some, you lose some. It's always been that way since I entered the hobby.

#18783 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here's a popular one. 1967 Gottlieb Surf Side. Looks decent aside from the backglass.
https://offerup.com/item/detail/992220753/

The game next to it looks real nice.

1 week later
#18834 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Project games for sale.
Chicago Coin Mustang $295.00
Gottlieb Funland $295.00
Bally Magic Circle $295.00
Gottlieb Ice Review $295.00
Williams Dealers Choice $199.00
Pm me for pictures.

I'd be interested but I have absolutely no space. Seems like great deals if they're in decent condition.

#18848 3 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/983609128829034
Looks pretty dirty, may be good for parts and backglass is good
[quoted image]

I bet the pf and plastics underneath that dirt will clean up nicely.

#18893 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

For all you Bally em fans there's a 4MBC in the Chicago area that was listed for $1200 and he now has it marked it down to $800. Popular game.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/812990732833847

If I had the space...

4 weeks later
#19068 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Free pin in Brooklyn....
newyork.craigslist.org link
BYOP (bring your own paint). Actually a little tempted myself. Could use to practice cabinet painting.

Retheme project! Half of the work is already done!

2 months later
#19760 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Project Quick Draw I pulled from a house destined to be demolished. No, I did not get it for free and it was about a three hour round trip (not counting removal/loading) so I'm just trying to recoup a bit for my efforts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/111197

Machine - For Sale

Quick Draw

New!

As is “Quick Draw PROJECT Game.

I rescued this game from certain doom. Selling as is either for parts or for someone looking for a bit of a project. I'm more of a Solid State guy (vs...”

15 hours ago

Ashland, OH

TractorDoc

bummer, just over 7 hrs one way for me...

1 week later
#19836 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Are these gone? I don't have Facebook but when I click on it, it says content not available.

It's a private group, that's probably why you can't see it. Seems like they're still available. He says he's got 600 in each and would like to get the most out of them.

1 month later
#20335 2 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

Might be a good deal? 4 EMs for $1400
Game/Type: Full House /EM
Game/Type: Wild Life /EM
Game/Type: Pioneer /EM
Game/Type: Sure Shot /EM
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Seems like a good deal to me.

#20378 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Game/Type: Surfer / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: October 1976
Production: 2,700
Cost: $500
Pinsider: nkowalskiw
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/114301

Too far. Would buy.

3 weeks later
#20556 2 years ago

Spin-A-Card project available from Caucasian2Step
Westminster, CO
$275

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-spin-a-card-1

1 week later
#20611 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Skateball
Bally ss
$650 obo
Wisconsin
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115911
Me: Working pin, nice playfield.

Heckuva buy. Congrats to the person that got it! I'm jelly.

#20617 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I even thought about driving to get it.

no THAT would be a trip! 16 hrs one way...yikes...

#20624 2 years ago

that's pretty cool. too bad those darn things are so long and I don't have the space for something like that. I would love a ball bowler one day.

#20626 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Do it. Bowlers are awesome!

I would love to but as it stands right now, I would have to take down a half wall and completely rearrange my basement to fit one...plus probably sell/store a game or two to make space. If we were to move in the future, I would definitely reserve some space for a bowler though!

4 weeks later
#20873 2 years ago

Seems like a worthy project:

Stern Galaxy $200
Goodrich, MI

Galaxy pinball for parts or repair.
Missing boards,back glass and parts.
Could be repaired or used for parts.
Easy pick up in the garage.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/229234445691202/

1 week later
#20961 2 years ago

Gottlieb Ice Show AAB
Amherst, OH
$250

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/245535407402778/

#20971 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I'm the opposite. I think I may be the only guy that sees these deals and says "oh thank god it's not close." Not even being sarcastic. When a great deal pops up close you almost feel an obligation to buy. I love them but have no room.

I'm the same way...with that being said, got anything ya wanna sell?

#20974 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I don't want to but may put a game up for sale in the near future. My wife is a collector of various things also and I think we are on the verge of being on Hoarders. I'm going to have to condense a bit to make room for her vintage Christmas collection. My other solution is to store a game under other games. I have done that before.

Space is always an issue. I recently sold a game I was hesitant to sell, but the buyer was my friend and he's been asking for it pretty much since I got it so it was a "good" sale. But I wish I had space for a few more games.

My wife is a collector too and thankfully, we collect the same things

#20975 2 years ago

*Middle Pop Alert*
Spanish Eyes
Charlottesville, VA
$200

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104426

#20986 2 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Yes, but he's also got the drop target boards in the wrong order, so probably having some reset issues with them. If anybody here grabs it, just shoot me a message and I can get you sorted out.
Didn't blackout have speech? If so, it's missing the speech board.
-Hans

Well how would you know about the drop target boards I wonder?

Awesome of you to offer the technical help if a Pinsider (or anyone I'm sure) picks it up.

Are speech boards hard to come by?

#20991 2 years ago

Hollywood Heat
$900
Carpentersville, IL

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/118055

1 week later
#21026 2 years ago
1 week later
#21124 2 years ago

I love laser cue.

#21134 2 years ago

Coffee Table Alert
Stern Nine Ball
$300
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/265105035088892/

If he only knew that it would have been more valuable as a non-coffee table. And the fact that there's a smiley face after he said he gutted it

200.gif200.gif

Not sure if the mechs are all there or not, as it looks populated. But the drops are set up in a way that would suggest that they've been glued in place somehow.

#21155 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

It wasn't. He still had the backglass and the displays. He turned it into some wall art. He threw out all the boards and said the transformer was toast.

It is. He cut off the back (and the rails) and evened up the top.

Nope. See above.

It's not. The coils are all missing as well. But it has some pretty Christmas lights.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ugh. I'm angry and sad at the same time. WTH was he thinking?

#21159 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

In the early 90s, before Alltek brought its MPUs, LDAs and SDUs to market, there was no market for used pinball machines that were suffering from defective boards.
MY OP friend said he bought a Meteor at an arcade auction for five bucks and then he parted it out. It was not worth anything because it did not work ( I would have rather he turned it into a coffee table that I could use as a source of parts). I also met a vendor at TPF who said he used to make a fortune on MPUs that still worked. Alltek killed that money maker for him.
So, before you start castigating someone for turning a pinball machine into a coffee table, understand that yesterday's pinball market is not today's pinball market. He could have just tossed it, with its blown out play field, into the trash and none of us would know any better.
As it is, the buyer of this Nine Ball remnant got lots of good parts to use or sell. The next classic Stern coin door I buy might be from that Meteor my friend parted out. Or is could be the coin door from this Nine Ball. And I have bought lots of used Stern pinball parts on Ebay. I never gave it a thought as to where they came from.
Relax.

My understanding was that this was a recent build, not when pinball machines didn't have parts or any way of refurbishing them (as you're referring to). In that context, yeah, it's annoying that someone thought a coffee table would be of more value than the game itself, even in as is condition.

If given it was a recent build, a two second Google search would have made him think twice about it. Regardless, not my game, so at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what I think.

#21170 2 years ago
Quoted from Hairball:

Game/Type: Joker Poker/ SS 4 Player
Features: Zipper flippers, multi-ball and spinning disc
Year: 1978
Price: $800
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1449942398725355/
OP:
This pinball machine is not in working order. The back lights up however the deck does not. I’ve owned the pinball machine for 30 years. It stopped working when I moved it to my Hudson, WI house from my childhood home.
Me:
Just walked away from this, someone tell me it was a good move
Spots of bare wood and chipped paint on lower playfield and around inserts, most inserts cupped. Plastics warped and cracked and very flaky back glass with the clear packing tape treatment. Cabinet 6/10. Booted up but playfield lighting was intermittent.
Seller was very nice but wouldn’t budge on price given condition. Did I miss out?

I'm messaging the seller also about it. She responded once, but has been a little quiet, probably getting a lot of messages. I would take it if it was still available. Won't be able to pick it up until the weekend though. It's been on my list for a time and the price is right.

#21174 2 years ago
Quoted from Hairball:

Good luck, she said she had lots of interest hopefully you’re next in line. I was just mentally tallying a new backglass, playfield and plastics plus a full shop job and didn’t see the math working out. Then again it’s not one I have been on the hunt for specifically.

Thanks. We set up a meeting time for Sunday. I'm perfectly happy with a players condition game. I have a wall hanger backglass that i could potentially swap out if mine is better than the one in the game. There may or may not be CPR playfields, but I might just make a pf protector for it to address the cupped inserts. Hopefully the boards are serviceable if there are any issues there. Glad to hear that it booted though! That's a good start.

#21178 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Joker Poker is a popular title, they made a lot of them, and CPR made the backglass and I believe they made the playfield as well. Should be easy to find a nice used playfield and backglass after someone swapped in new copies on their pin.

Yes, they did. Looks like they only did a silkscreened version, so I'm hoping down the line they will do a rerun (digital printed) version.

Or, as you noted, finding a nice used playfield. But to a certain point, if I'm going to do a swap, I'd rather just do it once, instead of only going to slightly nicer. I'm ok with some wear and bare wood showing. I'm not as picky as some that frequent these forums

From another picture that she sent me, the glass has some flaking, the clear tape treatment as noted by Hairball but it might present better than what I can see in pics.

#21184 2 years ago
Quoted from Hairball:

Hey now… I’m actually trying to be more choosy for my second machine. My first was /is a “players” Tri Zone that is pretty beat.

I didn't mean you specifically

#21187 2 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Game/Type: Comet
Year: March 1985
Production: 8,100
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/559219241945733/
$300- it went for a swim. Good luck to whoever gets it.

Would be worth looking at. The back didn't look terrible in the pics, and the water on the wiring isn't a big deal unless it's been plugged in and turned on before drying out. For $300, at worst, it's a parts machine. At best, it's a nice player's Comet with a bit of work.

1 week later
#21226 2 years ago

ESTATE SALE
Bally Who Dunnit
Jenison, MI

Friday (today) 9-3, Saturday 9-3

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/210967244343285/?ref=facebook_story_share

#21229 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I was going to poke my brother and tell him to go get this one. The rust makes me lean towards not being a great first project for him being that there could be who knows what with the boards too. Good for someone with spares and experience though.

yeah, it's pretty rough. Probably not worth the $1K asking. If it were 6 or 800, then maybe, but there's a lot of surface rust everywhere like you pointed out, which means it was probably in a damp/humid area for a long time. But despite that, most of the components look like they're in decent shape. This is definitely an "inspect first" game.

#21230 2 years ago

Paragon
$500
London, KY
renvhoek

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115752

Me: I'm sure it's been listed here before. Backbox is completely gutted. Playfield is beat, but looks complete underneath, missing 1K bonus insert. No coin door.

1 week later
#21303 2 years ago

In regards to the "Stern price increase pushing me out of the hobby" thread, I feel glad and thankful that this thread exists and that I'm knowledgeable/inclined/motivated/confident enough to buy and enjoy project games. I think people that are chasing NIB games exclusively are missing out on 90% of the rest of what this hobby has to offer. There's nothing more satisfying than buying a dead game, bringing it back to life and enjoying the hell out of it, for a fraction of the cost of a NIB. I understand that some people just want the new thing, or that they don't have the motivation to work on project games but I'm glad I don't need the newest and that I can see value where others see trash.

Maybe it's because I'm only a handful of years into the hobby and haven't gotten jaded with "what's already been done." but for me, half of the fun is working on the games, while the other half is seeing and enjoying the result.

Just another thanks to everyone that keeps this thread alive and going.

#21310 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Some people are great pinball players but have no idea what a screwdriver is (which is no crime ). They depend on Stern, and the other mfrs. and the kindness of friends, to keep their pins going. I feel very fortunate ( maybe even blessed ) that I have always been good with my hands.
It is no different than a great guitarist who sends his guitars to his favorite luthier for repair. And the luthier makes great repairs in broken wood but could not rake out a chord if his life depended on it.

To that I agree. I feel the same way, in that I'm fortunate that I've always been a handy DIY type of person. Housework, cars, pinball, it's all the same to me. For the most part, it's nothing that a couple of Youtube videos can't demystify. Again, I feel very fortunate that I'm more inclined than others for this kind of work.

BUT...there are plenty of used games that are in 100% working condition that won't break that bank either. Going back to the original statement, you don't need to only buy NIB games to stay in the hobby. And one could argue that a fully working EM can be more robust than a modern Stern. So there's that

#21315 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

A pinhead with a LOT of experience with EMs and solid states said that for EMs, he cleans all score reels and adjusts their switches and then does the same for the replay unit. He hand tightens any loose screws and that’s it.
He said that you can spend 30-40 hours to completely disassemble all em switch stacks, clean and adjust everything, but if you don’t know what you’re doing you’ll do more harm than good. For beginners (like me) stick to the steps in the first section.

With EM's I'm more of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" person Has worked well so far. It takes me a bit more than 20-30 minutes to get a game going, but I get there eventually. EM's tick another part of my brain that SS games don't. Reading (or attempting to lol) the schematics, and understanding the actual logic behind how an EM works is something that SS or newer games can't do for me and is very satisfying.

Said pinhead does what I usually do outside of a full shop job. Usually score reels and any stepper units (usually anything with a coil) gets cleaned and resleeved and they're pretty solid after that.

#21317 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I'm interrupting our shop job discussion to post....a cheap project pin...

All good Back to the projects!!

#21387 2 years ago

Big Brave
Eaton, OH
$350

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/358926092625522/

Seller: BIG BRAVE pinball machine.
Very nice play top and back glass.
New targets and rubbers.
Does need some work if you have experience with these machines it will be a easy repair.
If it is posted it is available. Plz come see it if interested.

#21388 2 years ago

Grand Prix
Waukesha, WI
$900

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/225002116163673/

Seller:
For sale is a williams grand prix EM machine. Needs T.L.C. turns on but won't start a game. Back glass in good shape, just a little flaking on the bottom corner. Needs a total shop job. More pictures available upon request. Game is located in waukesha Wisconsin. Feel free to contact me with any questions jeremy

#21413 2 years ago

Not me.
Lots of bingos for sale and one Williams Rock N Roll. Selling as a lot. All need work.
St. Louis, MO
Best Offer

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/224575476375416/

#21414 2 years ago

Williams Lady Luck
$450
Antioch, IL
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/974399909958260/

Seller:
Don’t wanna turn on ,but was working fine a few months ago ,,450$ firm

#21415 2 years ago

Here's an interesting EM game that I've never heard of before:
1946 Jack Rabbit arcade machine
Madison, WI
$2500
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1010965473030294/

seller:
The only one u will ever see. stored for 35 years has some problems but powers up needs some one that knows about arcade a 1946 wood cabinet. It takes a dime coin

#21416 2 years ago

Bally Bobby Orr Power Play
$700
Covington, KY
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/241434131219468/

seller:
Bobby Orr's Power Play is a pinball machine from January 1978, manufactured by Bally Manufacturing Co.
*Pick up only in Covington, KY
*Needs refurbishing; does not work

#21420 2 years ago

Gottlieb Top Card
$500
Schaumburg, IL
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3808347625949706/

Seller:
Gottlieb top card project I'll be at the hangar Sunday if you wanna take a look at it 905 Irving Park Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60193

Me:
This Top Card has been listed for quite some time. Was $900, then $700 for a while. Everything seems to be in pretty decent shape, minus the front of the cabinet.

#21421 2 years ago

Gottlieb Lightning Ball woodrail
$250
Little Falls, MN
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/290268326219894/

Seller:
1959 Gottlieb Pinball machine. No glass. Back glass is faded and paint peeling. Turns on but does not play, fuses need to be checked. Lost interest. Make an offer

#21427 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Like a garage sale, but they don't usually negotiate the price unless it's the last day of the sale.
Also, at some sales, they only let a certain number of people in at a time, so if you don't get there early, you might be stuck waiting on line.

I've never been to an estate sale before, but I have seen some sales show a little flexibility as far as pre-arranging a price (usually on the high side) before the official sale starts.

There is one for a TSPP in WI right now that is an estate sale but is a silent auction. Buy it now price is $9K but offers start at 50% of buying price. A strange set up if you ask me, but this isn't typical either.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/602055117455286/

It never hurts to reach out beforehand. Each sale is slightly different from what I know, which admittedly isn't much.

#21428 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Gottlieb Lightning Ball woodrail
$250
Little Falls, MN
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/290268326219894/
Seller:
1959 Gottlieb Pinball machine. No glass. Back glass is faded and paint peeling. Turns on but does not play, fuses need to be checked. Lost interest. Make an offer

Down to $230

#21442 2 years ago

3 EBD Projects
$7800
seller Gregory177
King George, VA

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/121457

seller:
I am throwing in the towel and selling my 3 eight ball deluxe projects. Two of these are complete and one is missing some of the upper playfield parts. One has a brand new cpr backglass. Also included is a brand new hard top playfield not installed.

me:
Looks like 2 x 1984s and 1 x 1981

#21443 2 years ago

Gottlieb Surf Champ
$650
seller BBC
Streator, IL

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/192#post-6514342

seller:
FS. Gottlieb Surf Champ. Working, but a project. Needs cleaning, new rubber and a pop bumper coil. Beautiful backglass. Playfield has some wear. Pm for details. Pick up in Streator Il. $650

Me:
I'm full to the brim, and then some, otherwise I'd get this

#21468 2 years ago

Stern Stars
$225
Norwalk, OH
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/385545103240366/

seller: Pinball Machine (for parts/not working)

Me: Would be a bigger project

2 weeks later
#21597 2 years ago

Gottlieb High Hand
$450
Osceola, IN

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/219110023650732/

seller: High Hand EM pinball $450 obo. Needs work. Will deliver for additional fee

#21598 2 years ago

Bally Bow and Arrow
$600
Channhon, IL

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1045232322904976/

seller: Machine works but ball chute mechanism needs to be repaired. Ball won’t always load into chute to launch

1 week later
#21631 2 years ago

*********FREE***********
Lucky Ace
Hudsonville, MI

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3743701875854034/

Doesn't work, no legs

#21633 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

*********FREE***********
Lucky Ace
Hudsonville, MI
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3743701875854034/
Doesn't work, no legs

Gone!

#21660 2 years ago

Williams Phoenix
$125
Eaton, OH

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/355698686313346/

seller:
I have an old pinball machine that is taking up room in my house. It does not work, all the lights come on when you plug it in but that’s about it. It has a manual that comes with it. I’ll help you move it out but it is pretty heavy. I don’t know too much about it because it was left with the house when I purchased the home Thanks!

#21661 2 years ago

Williams Suspense
$400
Arlington Heights, IL

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/484693039319595/

seller: Williams Suspense pinball machine sold as is. Need to be able to take up 1 flight of stairs. Very heavy. $400 or best offer.

#21678 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

FatPanda help him out

tbh, at $25, its likely gone, or it's a bidding war. It's ruthless here in the wild wild midwest when it comes to project games like this.

#21682 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I am currently stuck in Kansas, and struck up a conversation with a guy selling a Firepower in Wichita. The pricing here seems to be on-par or even higher in some cases than the west coast, which caught me by surprise. We started chatting about pinball, so that was cool.
The aforementioned firepower project: wichita.craigslist.org link

imo, a non-working firepower for this price is high, but in today's market who knows? (honestly, a working firepower for that price is too high lol)

1 month later
#21943 2 years ago

bangerjay has a Gottlieb Soccer he's wanting to sell. No ad posted, just posted in the Chicago regional thread.

Quoted from bangerjay:

Gottlieb soccer, playfield ok, cabinet a bit janky, backglass good, probably doesn’t work right $400?

3 weeks later
#22068 2 years ago

And it's gone. FWIW it looked pretty clean and seemed like a good deal. A friend of mine has (or had) a GTB The Games, and it is a pretty fun game. To the point where I've thought about looking for one. Has a classic GTB EM feel, even though people often criticize that era of GTB games and how simplistic it is compared to others in the same era.

#22070 2 years ago

Great price, and a really fun game. Great spinner rip on the left.

#22093 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/199#post-6720726

Amigo
$300
Somewhere in IL
pinsider bangerjay

Me: Not sure if project or not, but it's cheap and well...it's bangerjay

#22099 2 years ago

Yet another iteration of pinball "table"

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3850502315175636/

I think this is why I cringe when people call pinball machines tables.
271751361_5103581419675480_5587018793400663853_n (resized).jpg271751361_5103581419675480_5587018793400663853_n (resized).jpg

#22100 2 years ago

Bally Wizard
Camdenton, MO
$400 obo

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/745464089761673/

seller: Bally Wizard Pinball Machine. Worked the last time is was plugged in. Does not have the legs and needs to be cleaned. $400 O.B.O.

#22101 2 years ago

Gottlieb Duotron
Evansville, IN
$400

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/344184370861866/

seller: Anyone know any pinball enthusiast?! Works but needs some maintenance as it gets thrown off kilter at times. $400

#22103 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

The saddest part is someone put a bunch of effort into turning a project into parts. I'm sure they could get their $325 easier if they wouldn't have messed with it.

Yeah, it seems to be more ignorance than anything. I'm sure the head has been gutted, probably tossed. Honestly, I could probably do that in about an hour or 2. The only thing you'd have to wait on is the glass on top.

#22105 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Already pending. DUH. Nice score for somebody.

Hope it was a pinsider!

#22128 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

I really wish I knew how to fix these up because I have a feeling I'm going to see it go and regret not giving it a shot. I just don't think I've got the chops to fix it up properly.

As others have said take it home! This will force you to learn how to read schematics, and once you get that down (granted that in itself will take a while) and learn how the logic works, it actually can be kind of fun...in a frustrating kind of way.

If you're already familiar with working on the other physical mechs, you're already 50% of the way there. Do it!

#22154 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Genie
Gottlieb Sys 1
$750
Hudson Valley, NY
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

ooooohhhh...Wish I was closer!

#22193 2 years ago
Quoted from Hiper:

Says working Hulk $125 obo
worcester.craigslist.org link

Even if not working, I'd still buy it. Just be careful of a scam.

1 week later
#22250 2 years ago

Blackout
$850
Chesapeake Beach, MD

Seller:
Project Blackout up for sale. Game not working. Existing boards do not boot. GI lights. New repro backglass, inkochnito rectifier board, and new black legs. Playfield shows some wear.

The Picture was taken with donor boards installed. All the displays work, player one and two not showing due to strobe. I’ll post more pictures on Tuesday.

For some background: I swapped out the boards last weekend with an all-in-one mpu and power supply board (new all in one board and new power supply NOT included, machine comes with all four existing boards) and the game booted played and the displays worked. There’s a lot of mechanical work still needs doing as though: The drops didn’t register and four of the stand-ups don’t seem to register. But the Kicker kicked, the flippers flipped and the knocker knocked. With the new power board in, all voltages except the -12v measured correct at the TPs.

So, as I say, a project Blackout for sale. I’m into her for $850 total, I’d like to run this mystery down, but I gotta make room for my RUSH LE, so if I can get out even, it’s a win win.

Pickup only. I’ll post more pictures tomorrow.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As is - “Project Blackout up for sale. Game not working. Existing boards do not boot. GI lights. New repro backglass, inkochnito rectifier board, and new black legs. Playfield shows some we...”
2022-02-08
Chesapeake Beach, MD
850 (Firm)
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 595 times
Contributed to Pinside

#22269 2 years ago

Not a project but a good price. Not sure what a vacuum tube system means? this is gonna go fast if legit.

Top Score
$350
Massilon, OH

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1067661337127949/

Classic top score pinball machine works great, It is a vacuum tube system so it will have to be brought in and warmed up for at least 24 hours before turning on.
Asking$350 or best offer.

#22273 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Right, just not used in pinball machines
Seller was probably familiar with old jukes and TVs and figured the same applies.
Congrats to the buyer it looked great!!

Right, I was confused as to how it applied to the Top Score.

I would have bought it if closer. Looked super clean.

1 week later
#22299 2 years ago

A pretty rare game if I remember correctly. There was one on the east coast a few years ago...I was planning a 30 hr round trip to pick it up, but then my senses got the better of me.

2 weeks later
#22358 2 years ago

It could have been pulled from a roached machine. Or after a swap? (unlikely)

I don't mind so much, but when they cut down a game that could be brought back to life to make a table...that hurts a bit more.

#22374 2 years ago

Not pinball, but a couple interesting bubble hockey and soccer games. The Bally World Cup looks quite interesting.

Seller: I have a hockey dome in goid condition for $300. A kixx dome soccer game won't thru ball into field $500 and a rare championship soccer game in goid condition $500

Waukegan, IL

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/453574559885252/

275150422_4956589837765119_2341449808489204143_n (resized).jpg275150422_4956589837765119_2341449808489204143_n (resized).jpg275361023_4956592061098230_6411497634113317020_n (resized).jpg275361023_4956592061098230_6411497634113317020_n (resized).jpg275446182_4956587577765345_8599342619968551466_n (resized).jpg275446182_4956587577765345_8599342619968551466_n (resized).jpg

#22375 2 years ago

Bally World cup is gone. Would have been cool to bring home.

#22393 2 years ago

idk....it's not quite a WTB thread, more like a "I found a game that I think other pinsiders might want" thread, so hoping this doesn't become a WTB thread because that would clog up the intent, with dozens of people posting that they WTB.

In that spirit, please feel free to browse and continue to check in on the thread (I do whenever I see new posts), but try to refrain from posting WTBs. If I'm totally off-base, just let me know and I can edit this post.

#22397 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Ok I understand, sorry.

It's all good. No harm, no foul. With that said, if you find something that's a project that you're not into, or is too far away or whatever, post it up here.

If you look back a few posts, you'll see the general format in which everyone posts. Important parts are:

Name of game
Link to original ad
Copy/Pasted description

Generally project status of any degree. The cheaper the better

Or really interesting unique items that you don't see often. Like my last post on a 60's soccer game (wish I could've gotten that one!) The way I see it, the more people from around the country we can get involved, the better the chances are of someone looking for projects being able to find one. Oftentimes, its coastal people posting Midwest stuff and vice versa. Kinda weird how that works

#22406 2 years ago

Gottlieb Totem
Pinsider Ceckitti
$1150
Columbus, OH

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Gottlieb Totem. - Game powers up to what you see in the photo. Will not start a game. - Cabinet is decent with the typical scrapes and scuffs. - Playfield has some wear - Backglas...”
2022-03-16
Columbus, OH
Archived after: 70 days
Viewed: 390 times

OP:
Gottlieb Totem.

- Game powers up to what you see in the photo. Will not start a game.
- Cabinet is decent with the typical scrapes and scuffs.
- Playfield has some wear
- Backglass is about a 7or8 out of 10. Has a little missing paint. But still presentable.

#22417 2 years ago

Some potential good stuff here in the Chicago area thread. I'd inquire about the Card Whiz if I was looking for something. Sadly, no space.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/202#post-6834852

1 week later
#22506 2 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Lost World for $1000
Located in Blaine, WA
New boards installed in it, but playfield is rough.
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/460676372412620
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

PF isn't too bad. Lost World is a dog of a game, but it's certainly presentable. The 1K is mostly new boards and displays tbh.

4 months later
#23617 1 year ago
Quoted from Billc479:

stlouis.craigslist.org link
Me: Sounds like a real project
[quoted image]

pop a pascal 4 in 1 and it should be good to go!

#23633 1 year ago

Williams Pat Hand

Seller has several other projects listed as well.

Seller is ILLINI_PINBALL

Machine - For Sale
Pat Hand Archived
As is - “I have a Pat Hand project game. Playfield and cabinet look pretty good. Backglass is showing some wear and flaking. I also have sets of legs to go through if you would like/need...”
2022-08-11
Rock Island, IL
225 (OBO)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 301 times

#23634 1 year ago

not a project (or pinball) but a cheap(?) coin game
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/802657261079332/

Big Haul

seller:
Big haul arcade game comes with coins or use quarters!! VERY Heavy!!!! Bring help and a truck does not come apart!!!
51”wide 39”deep and 62” to top off sign.
Come get it! All works and lots of fun for the kids!! 200$ come get it!! First come

4 months later
#24003 1 year ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Gottlieb Atlantis $250!
Orchard Park, NY
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1511617825991438/[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Wish I was closer!

#24004 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

$450 Williams Flash. If I wasn't sitting on 8 projects now, I'd be all over it. Seller is a good guy.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/148145

Taken off the market. Probably scooped up fast.

1 week later
#24025 1 year ago

Had an opportunity to buy it but the killer was no lockdown bar and the glass was flaking pretty bad. Missing the whole upper left corner. I felt like I was going to go upside down on it. So actually followed my better judgement this time lol.

#24029 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

What does a decent to nice Captain Card go for?

My guess is around 1k for a decent one, probably 1500 give or take for a really nice one. For that particular one, my guess would be 600-800 all fixed up. After getting parts for it, you would probably be close-ish. If it was a keeper, then a different story.

#24034 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

No lockdown bar and bad glass?
I can't see it, but if the rest of it is good, it's still a great deal.

Screenshot_20221228_202605_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221228_202605_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221228_202707_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221228_202707_Facebook (resized).jpg
#24038 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That's a very strange backglass condition. Could possibly be painted in to look decent.
I haven't seen the rest of the game. It's a desirable title.

It's in ok shape. There's rust on the coin door I can see and probably on other parts. Definitely needs a deep clean and everything gone through and replaced/rebuilt etc. For 375, you could make it worth your time in enjoyment, but probably not gain anything back when you sell. It's gone, so someone took it. If the lockdown bar were there it would be a good buy. Those alone are 100 or more if you can find one. No back panel for the head either. I thought I saw someone reproducing those but I'd have to look again. IMO, it needed too many high dollar items that made it a wash. Worth it for some for sure.

#24058 1 year ago

Gottlieb Victory
$200
Excelsior Springs, MO

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1079676636763891/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Seller: It's been sitting in my barn for 27 years or more. The bumpers are rotted off. Flippers all work but the display will not come on for some reason.

2 weeks later
#24120 1 year ago

Yeah, you'd have to join to see it. I can't see it either.

If there aren't any pictures and I was close by, I'd drive over to see it. If it was a bit further, I'd ask for a few pictures just to confirm it wasn't in a fire, or flooded, full of mice nests etc.

#24123 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

Yes def. I tried to join the facebook group UHGHH! Hopefully its not burnt or water logged.

Good luck!

1 month later
#24371 1 year ago

Love Laser Cue! Don't know what condition this is in, as I'm not in the group, but I miss mine. Better than Alien Poker imo. Fight me.

4 weeks later
#24491 1 year ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Williams Argosy
$250
Columbus, OH
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/901987791086440/?mibextid=6ojiHh
[quoted image]

8 hr drive for me otherwise I'd be messaging.

1 month later
#24587 11 months ago
Quoted from johninc:

Seems suspect, but who knows. lasvegas.craigslist.org link

Bring friends, leave cash locked up in the car until you make a deal. See it in person only.

#24592 11 months ago
Quoted from vidguy:

Gorgar in “rough” condition
$500
Jacksonville, IL
https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/171163002564076/

Same one here on Pinside for 350
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/157318

#24595 11 months ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Here is your chance to get a White Water at a fair deal. In northern Idaho.
spokane.craigslist.org link
Go get it someone!

Wish I had the space and was closer!

1 month later
#24837 9 months ago

Not mine.

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Last price reduction! $1375 firm Project game. Not for the faint of heart! Game boots and plays but needs a lot of work. Electronics are clean. Cabinet is solid with chips, sc...”
2023-07-06
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
1,375 (Firm)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 534 times

Police Force - $1375
Bethlehem, PA

Seller:
Last price reduction! $1375 firm

Project game.
Not for the faint of heart!

Game boots and plays but needs a lot of work.

Electronics are clean.

Cabinet is solid with chips, scratches and faded graphics.

Playfield has wear.

Cracked ramps and plastics.

Motor works on playfield police car, but needs a new belt.

Credit display does not work. Score displays are bright and vibrant.

Coin door coin return frame is missing.

Coin door buttons do not work consistently.

Topper looks pretty good minus missing letters.

Legs are rusty.

Game is extremely dirty.

$1375 firm
Cash and carry from Bethlehem Twp., PA 18020 / LEHIGH VALLEY

#24849 9 months ago

Meteor
$350
Cincinnati, OH

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3444614359199914/?mibextid=dXMIcH
Screenshot_20230708_113926_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230708_113926_Facebook (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20230708_114013_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230708_114013_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230708_114018_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230708_114018_Facebook (resized).jpg
#24865 9 months ago

That's a pretty great deal. Looks to be all there.

3 weeks later
#24902 8 months ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Game plan Sharpshooter
$10
Terre Haute, IN
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/297835336088791/?mibextid=6ojiHh
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

5 hrs one way for me...unfortunately my project hunting days are over. Someone is going to get a heckuva deal.

2 months later
#25061 6 months ago

Not quite a project but interesting usage of a cabinet none-the-less.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/308215228606842/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Screenshot_20231010_111540_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231010_111540_Facebook (resized).jpg
1 month later
#25351 4 months ago
Quoted from Garrett:

not mine
Grand Prix $700, appears to be in nice shape
Downers Grove, IL
Had in my storage unit for the last 12 years since I moved was working when I brought it here. Can not confirm it works properly been sitting to long. Selling as not working but very well could plug and play.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/373250855205641/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A7f288ca0-0a04-4824-add3-6194055fe79e

Good game, good price, no space!!

3 weeks later
#25538 3 months ago

No CPR pf or plastics, but they do have a backglass. If they had all 3, I would have considered.

#25557 3 months ago
Quoted from dung:

Planetary sells plastics
Hardtop for the pf
Cpr backglass
Pinball pimp stencils
I'm not sure I will restore this. I want to get it running and play it. Buddy had topped his, looked great but I didn't play it. Theme would be perfect for the cabin we are building and there are so e electronics I want an excuse to try on an old bally.

I'd rather have a roached original pf than a hardtop. Glad there are plastics available as well. GL with getting it up and running. Ballys of this era aren't too bad. Header pins are like 99% of the problem

Frontier is a really fun and somewhat rare game. I had one a few years ago but couldn't keep it at the time for other games coming in. But now that my collection has settled a bit, I wouldn't mind adding one to the collection again.

1 week later
#25640 3 months ago
Quoted from JethroP:

So this guy is selling his EBD. I get one very fuzzy picture, but ok...I call him and he tells me it's not working, but was recently serviced, new boards, new rubbers....I ask if there is any paint missing on the playfield, he says a little; "one spot where the ball goes down, and one spot up by a bumper." I drive an hour and a half to find this.
Liar, lair pants on fire.
Anyway, I'm now looking for a hardtop or EBD playfield. My latest project [quoted image]

I hope the price was right on this or you were able to talk him down. Congrats!

#25659 3 months ago

Looks like a pretty nice Royal Guard. I saved one a few years back. The switching target bank is pretty cool.

1 month later
#25760 71 days ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

$350 quick draw in Denver area. Fit with a chastity belt it appears
https://www.facebook.com/share/urv5L8VBxkyZNUYb/?mibextid=79PoIi

That's crazy.

Screenshot_20240214_093847_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240214_093847_Facebook (resized).jpg
#25764 70 days ago

Bally Viking
Huntington, WV
$1000

Seller:
I got 1979 pinball machine it light up but but its all in good shape still...

https://www.facebook.com/share/NRR17sgHcjrjvnvp/?mibextid=kL3p88

#25765 70 days ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I hope a Pinsider got this deal. What a great find.

I messaged almost immediately after I saw the post here. They never responded and the ad has now been removed so I assumed they sold it right away.

2 weeks later
#25856 55 days ago

I love The Games but I think working ones have a hard time selling at 5-800.

#25886 51 days ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Price has gone up to $1500

Still a decent buy at 1500 and the cab looks alright from what you can see. You'll probably have to source new glass and lockdown bar though.

#25923 48 days ago

Not mine

Bronco and Ms. PacMan projects
$400
Ridgecrest, CA

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bronco-and-mrs-pacman-arcade

1 month later
#26025 16 days ago

Three EMs - 500 for all
Overland Park, KS

Bally Little Joe, Missing Backglass
WMS 4 Roses
WMS Solids & Stripes, Missing Apron

https://www.facebook.com/share/U5hUpmEN3aoUjF3U/?mibextid=kL3p88

Seller:
3 EM pinball machines for one price: $500 cash

Bally, Little Joe 1972 (missing backglass)
Williams, 4 Roses 1962
Williams, Solids & Stripes 1971 (missing apron)

These were "found in a barn", and came as part of a package deal. I was more interested in the other games. Playfields have been vacuumed but NOT cleaned. They appear to be complete except for the pieces I mentioned above. I have not plugged them in or tested them. Assume these are not working. They really need to be thoroughly looked over before they are plugged in.

I have 4 legs for each, but everything is currently unbolted for ease of transport.

If this ad is still showing, it IS still available. I will not respond to messages asking about availability.

#26031 15 days ago
Quoted from jazc4:

My guess is that this is a scam. But if not I hope one of you NY Pinsiders gets it!

Was going to say that this might be too good to be true. Cash, in person, bring a friend.

Also definitely needs more than bulbs lol

#26034 15 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Up to $2200 now...

Listing is gone now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 169.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FatPanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others?tu=FatPanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.