By Pecos

1 year ago

Stats

• Started 1 year ago
  • 4,867 posts
  • 225 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Pecos

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by Atari_Daze
Uploaded by zacaj
Uploaded by zacaj
Uploaded by zacaj
Uploaded by cottonm4
Uploaded by ForceFlow
Uploaded by ForceFlow
Uploaded by ForceFlow
Uploaded by ForceFlow
Uploaded by ForceFlow

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 4867 posts in topic. You are on page 96 of 98.
#4751 13 days ago

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ANOTHER MIDDLE POP ALERT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Spanish Eyes / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1972
Production: 3,905
Cost: $500
Contact/Link: kansascity.craigslist.org link

OP: 1973 Williams Spanish Eyes pinball machine for sale. Everything works.

Not really a project, but a decent price for a supposedly fully working game.

#4752 13 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Are they that rare up there? Williams made a lot... they pop up around here every few months or so.

I've only seen one for sale closer than Texas before and they want $1300 for it. It and Freedom are the top of my middle pop hunt list, though I've never seen either in person before. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be 1/3 closer to completing the holy trio

#4753 13 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've only seen one for sale closer than Texas before and they want $1300 for it. It and Freedom are the top of my middle pop hunt list, though I've never seen either in person before. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be 1/3 closer to completing the holy trio

Nice collection you have. I see some unusual-but-cool ones in there.

From what I could see in the Fan-Tas-Tic pics, the glass, pf, and cab looked pretty good. Finding the Freedom proto, of course, will be the most difficult. Did you see this thread? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/11-em-games-mini-pinraid-worth-anything

Gah! What a find! Sounds like it is going to get played to death as-is, unfortunately. Perhaps someone will manage to re-import it... we Pinsiders are a resourceful bunch.

psst... I do have tentative plans to create a 101st prototype... shhhh

#4754 13 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

psst... I do have tentative plans to create a 101st prototype... shhhh

That's what I was wondering. How hard would it be to take a production playfield and modify it with a center pop?

#4755 13 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There is a really nice looking one for sale in the marketplace for $700 in Irvine Ca and he is willing to ship. There is a Pinsider in CT that tried to sell one in November but cancelled the ad after 45 days saying that it didn't sell.

If these leads don't work out, try posting in the Allentown forum, show coming up in May, and post in the two Northeast regional for sale subforums.

John

#4756 13 days ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ANOTHER MIDDLE POP ALERT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Game/Type: Spanish Eyes / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1972
Production: 3,905

Killin' me, Kansas?? Anyone making a midwest-to-Florida run....?

#4757 13 days ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

That's what I was wondering. How hard would it be to take a production playfield and modify it with a center pop?

Probably not too hard. Biggest challenge would be drilling/patching the playfield accurately and having the artwork redone and cleared to match. Lower plastics would need to be reproed as well.

#4758 12 days ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Evel Knievel / SS
Month/Year: June, 1977
Production: 14,000
Cost: $300
Contact/Link: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Condition: "main issue with the machine is acid has leaked from the internal battery on to the MPU board, the machine worked up until a few years ago"

#4759 12 days ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

If I ever see a cheap blown out one around I've been planning on picking it up to do exactly that

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Probably not too hard. Biggest challenge would be drilling/patching the playfield accurately and having the artwork redone and cleared to match. Lower plastics would need to be reproed as well.

I wish there was someone who I could just send cad drawings of the playfield, art for it, and money, and they'd send me new playfields. Lord knows my Black Jack could use one, and for many EMs making the design wouldn't be that consuming

Quoted from bluespin:

There is a really nice looking one for sale in the marketplace for $700 in Irvine Ca

Considering how out of space I am and that I've never played one before, I think the shipping alone is probably more than I'd be willing to pay for it.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Nice collection you have. I see some unusual-but-cool ones in there.

Unusual but good is my motto. If only you were planning on going on a trip into the area at some point, you could come play them...

In other news, anyone here interested in the Stingray I picked up a few pages back? Got it working, but not my cup of tea...

#4760 12 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Unusual but good is my motto. If only you were planning on going on a trip into the area at some point, you could come play them...

Well... now that you mention it... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games

#4761 12 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

A Fan-Tas-Tic? On the East Coast? For <$1000?!? *emails*

I didn't know these were in demand. There were a couple around here last year at the same time actually. They were fairly rough though, in the $300 range iirc.

#4762 12 days ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

I didn't know these were in demand. There were a couple around here last year at the same time actually. They were fairly rough though, in the $300 range iirc.

I doubt they're actually in high demand, since that $1300 one hasn't sold. Just never see them for sale. Which, I mean, there's a lot of machines I haven't seen for sale ever, Fan Tas Tic just ticks me off because I keep seeing that $1300 one being relisted every month

#4763 12 days ago

Game/Type: Grand Prix / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1976
Production: 10,554
Contact/Link: desmoines.craigslist.org link Condition: You would think that he could CLEAN THE PLAYFIELD GLASS before snapping a photo! OP: "PLAYED ON IT FOR YEARS WITH NO PROBLEMS. THEN I MOVED IT TO ANOTHER ROOM, AND NOW IT WON'T START A GAME. LIGHTS WORK AND THE GAME TURNS ON AND OFF, IT JUST WON'T START A GAME. ALSO NEEDS A GOOD CLEANING FROM SITTTING AND COLLECTING DUST."

Added 12 days ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#4764 12 days ago

Game/Type: Hi-Deal / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1975
Production: 2,085
Cost: $350
Contact/Link: milwaukee.craigslist.org link Condition: "Machine is currently broken and needs a repair that costs around $100 not bad. I don't have time because I'm in the middle of a move. Great item for your collection got 10 years of great use out of it.
Not firm on price and please text if interested."

Added 12 days ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#4765 12 days ago

**Relisted at reduced price**

Game/Type: Beat Time / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1967
Production: 2,802
Cost: Was $450 Reduced to $425
Contact/Link: cincinnati.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Game plays but the new shooter rod is not adjusted correctly. Maybe its the wrong spring? Not sure. Game needs some work but does play if you shoot the ball by hand. Score reels were looked over and adjusted by a professional when I first got the game. Backglass has some peeling in the lighter colors of their faces but overall in great condition."

#4766 12 days ago

Relisted as a lot

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Jungle Queen / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1977
Production: 6,795

Condition: "One of the highest rated EM pinball machines ever! Stunning condition; amazing play field and original targets and bumper caps. Stripped the field, cleaned and waxed and all new rubbers. 65k plays which is very low for this classic machine. Powers up and if it manually trigger the start relay the game begins but. I points are scored from the play field. Looks like a short somewhere in the scoring area."

Game/Type: Bronco / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: April 1977
Production: 9,160

Condition: "47k plays! This machine is solid but has an issue scoring with all play field items except for the kickbacks. Strong flippers, nice play field and bright backglass. Just replaced all rubber and cleaned and waxed the play field."

Game/Type: Solids and Stripes / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: February 1971
Production: Unknown

Condition: "...worked great but then the ball count stepper doesn't reset. Start a game and it goes right to player 3 then game over. I love Gottlieb machines so I am not that familiar with williams to be honest. It was fun to play though. There is some play field wear near the lockouts from years of the ball landing but the majority are in solid colors and would be an easy touch up."

Cost: $1350
Contact/Link: providence.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Three classic EM pinball machines! Book value of nearly $3000. If you can repair them this is a great deal, the two Gottlieb machines are in amazing shape. Contact me for additional photos, videos or information! I have been cleaning and repairing them and they are almost done but I just had a chance to buy 7 more machines so I really need the room. Whoever buys these will also get first crack at the machines I don't want from that purchase."

#4767 12 days ago

Game/Type: MIBS / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1969
Production: 2,200
Cost: $250
Contact/Link: nh.craigslist.org link

Condition: Some cabinet wear. OP: "works great! come get it!"

#4768 12 days ago

Game/Type: Seven Up / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1969
Cost: $200 OBO
Contact/Link: boston.craigslist.org link Condition: "works, lights up. good shape"

Added 7 days ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#4769 12 days ago

~~~~~Mr. Pinball Classifieds~~~~~

Game/Type: Vulcan / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1977
Production: 3,575
Cost: $600

OP: Generally nice condition. Has some wear on lower playfield. Works for the most part, but will need some attention to be 100%. All 4 score reels work.

#4770 12 days ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Dang, you remember everything!

Ha ha! Not a chance. My grandmother holds that distinction in our family. She could put dates to events and amaze us all at 80+! I just find these goodies when researching to see if a Project Pin has been posted before. That Genie didn't last long.

#4771 12 days ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Hi-Deal / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1975
Production: 2,085

If you look at the pictures, the playfield looks really faded and in the bonus area it looks like it's worn to the wood. Hard to tell for sure though. If I were guessing, I'd say the window that's shown in the background of one of the pictures has been letting sunlight shine on that game for the 10 years he's had it, causing the substantial fade...

Dave

#4772 12 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Are they that rare up there? Williams made a lot... they pop up around here every few months or so.

I think he was kidding.

#4773 12 days ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Great item for your collection got 10 years of great use out of it.

Quoted from egyptrus:

If you look at the pictures, the playfield looks really faded and in the bonus area it looks like it's worn to the wood. Hard to tell for sure though. If I were guessing, I'd say the window that's shown in the background of one of the pictures has been letting sunlight shine on that game for the 10 years he's had it, causing the substantial fade...
Dave

Yeah, 10 years of great use and never cleaned it once.

#4774 12 days ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Yeah, 10 years of great use and never cleaned it once.

I'd hate to see what his car looks like.

#4775 12 days ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Seven Up / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1969
Cost: $200 OBO
Contact/Link: boston.craigslist.org link
Condition: "works, lights up. good shape"

Thanks for continually posting these ads. Do you have a service that generates the information automatically? Seems like a lot of work otherwise

#4776 12 days ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Thanks for continually posting these ads. Do you have a service that generates the information automatically? Seems like a lot of work otherwise

Heh, that'd be a cool plugin. Highlight the 'condition' on a CL page, hit a button, auto scrapes IPDB and makes a post

#4777 11 days ago

Game/Type: Pokerino / SS Widebody System 4, 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1978
Production: 1,501
Contact/Link: dallas.craigslist.org link

Condition: No legs in pics. OP: "Good overall"

#4778 11 days ago

Game/Type: Pokerino / SS Widebody System 4, 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1978
Production: 1,501
Cost: $400

Condition: No legs in pics. OP: "Problem with Side of Cab."

#4779 11 days ago

Game/Type: Time Warp / SS System 6, 4 Player
Features: Banana flippers
Month/Year: September 1979
Production: 8,875

Condition: Nice cosmetically. A little flipper wear on playfield. No legs in pics.

#4781 11 days ago

I think I'm seeing double double! I am, am seeing double double!

Game/Type: Time Warp / SS System 6, 4 Player
Features: Banana flippers
Month/Year: September 1979
Production: 8,875

Condition: No playfield glass or legs in pics. Nice cosmetically. A little flipper wear on playfield.

#4782 11 days ago

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Trident / SS M-100, 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1979
Production: 4,019
Cost: $425

Condition: No lock down bar or legs in pics. Cosmetically nice looking.

#4783 11 days ago

I'll take the Firepower. Let me just warm up my transporter beam!
Game/Type: Firepower / SS System 6, 4 Player
Month/Year: February, 1980
Production: 17,410
Contact/Link: dallas.craigslist.org link Condition: No left flipper, lock down bar or legs in pics. OP: "Rough PF, BG in good condition"

Added today: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#4784 11 days ago

Game/Type: Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man / SS AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1982
Production: 10,600

Condition: One pop bumper cap and legs missing in pics. Playfield wear in and around Pac-Maze. Legs missing in pics.

#4785 11 days ago

Game/Type: Tri Zone / SS System 6, 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1979
Production: 7,250
Cost: $450

Condition: Legs missing in pics. OP: "Great Overall."

#4786 11 days ago

Manufacturer: Atari
Game/Type: Middle Earth / SS Widebody System 1, 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1978

Condition: Legs missing in pics. Looks nice cosmetically. OP: "We have a spare PF and BG that can be purchased too."

#4787 11 days ago

Game/Type: World Cup / SS System 3, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1978
Production: 6,253

Condition: 'Crackling on backglass. No legs in pics. OP: "Could be in better shape. Have boards, not in photos."

#4788 11 days ago

Game/Type: Power Play / SS AS-2518-17, 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1977
Production: 13,750
Cost: $375

Condition: No legs in pics. OP: "Some PF wear. BG and Cab in good condition"

#4789 11 days ago

I think I'm seeing triple double. I am, I am seeing triple double!
Game/Type: Rescue 911/ SS system 3, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1994
Production: 4,000
Cost: $800
Contact/Link: dallas.craigslist.org link Condition: No legs in pics. OP: "Some PF wear. I have a coin door that will work."

#4790 11 days ago

Game/Type: Rescue 911/ SS system 3, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1994
Production: 4,000
Cost: $600
Contact/Link: dallas.craigslist.org link Condition: No legs in pics. OP: "PF Wear, BG not in photo."

#4791 11 days ago

Game/Type: Disco Fever / SS System 3, 4 Player
Features: Banana Flippers
Month/Year: August 1978
Production: 6,006
Contact/Link: dallas.craigslist.org link Condition: Missing legs in pics. OP: "Missing BG. Nice Cab and PF"

#4792 11 days ago

Game/Type: Strikes and Spares / SS AS-2518-17, 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1977
Production: 12,820

Condition: "Legs missing in pics. OP: "Rough game all round."

#4793 11 days ago

Game/Type: Road Kings / SS System 11, 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1986
Production: 5,500
Cost: $675

Condition: No legs in pics. OP: "Very nice condition overall. Should have CPU not in photos."

#4794 11 days ago

Welcome PinballTilt!

Quoted from PinballTilt:

Thanks for continually posting these ads.

My pleasure.

Quoted from PinballTilt:

Do you have a service that generates the information automatically?

No, but I've done some Web page info grabbing using Visual Basic in the past. I imagine that it would be pretty hard to code.

Quoted from PinballTilt:

Seems like a lot of work otherwise

Whew! I just finished posting 16 Project Pins from Plano, Texas! Yeah, it can be a lot of work but it has it's rewards.

#4795 11 days ago
Quoted from Pecos:

No, but I've done some Web page info grabbing using Visual Basic in the past. I imagine that it would be pretty hard to code.

For all the game info, are you pulling that from the pinside game information or IPDB?

Creating the post here is 1 thing. Finding all the games listed on every different CL site is a whole different beast. I think @pinballtilt was asking more about the later? If not, that's the part I'm most interested in.

#4796 11 days ago

Game/Type: Atlantis / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: January 1975
Production: 2,225
Cost: $75
OP: Its a older pinball machine i dont know if it works but all electronics are there looks to be maybe mid 70- early 80s

Pinside Comment: I ran across this ad on Letgo and it shows to be 3 days old.

Contact/Link: https://us.letgo.com/en/i/pin-ball-machine-75-obo_aeec1cc8-230f-4ff6-9899-ebb4dcc68e1d

#4797 11 days ago
Quoted from AvidListener:

Game/Type: Atlantis / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: January 1975
Production: 2,225
Cost: $75
OP: Its a older pinball machine i dont know if it works but all electronics are there looks to be maybe mid 70- early 80s
Pinside Comment: I ran across this ad on Letgo and it shows to be 3 days old.
Contact/Link: https://us.letgo.com/en/i/pin-ball-machine-75-obo_aeec1cc8-230f-4ff6-9899-ebb4dcc68e1d

Dear god, that poor Atlantis. They say anything can be saved, but I think this pin tests that dictum.

#4798 11 days ago
Quoted from steviechs:

For all the game info, are you pulling that from the pinside game information or IPDB?

IPDB. They get all the credit for their great information. I wouldn't be surprised if Pinside got some of their information from IPDB also.

Quoted from steviechs:

Creating the post here is 1 thing. Finding all the games listed on every different CL site is a whole different beast. I think pinballtilt was asking more about the later? If not, that's the part I'm most interested in.

Well, I have been using the Internet since the days of 28.8K baud dial-up modems so I have a little practice. I even wrote an article about searching the Internet more efficiently:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-tips-for-smarter-more-efficient-internet-searching/

I've already answered your question before so I hope you don't mind if I quote myself.

Quoted from zacaj:

Darn, Pecos, how are my NY searches missing all these? I haven't seen a good project come up in weeks!

Quoted from markp99:

Agree, I too see many Pecos posts well within my range that do not appear in my Craigslist queries.
Pecos, maybe you should conduct CL training seminars. Or post a CL Tips & Tricks guide. ☺️

Quoted from Pecos:

There aren't any secrets. I start out at a major city like Cleveland or Portland, scan all of the posts and then hop to nearby cities from the city drop-down box in CL. I try to start in sections of the country that I haven't visited for a day or two. Other than that it is just a lot of hard work to find the Project Pin gems less than $500 by viewing as many posts as possible in as short a time as possible. Sometime I can find three or four in half an hour and sometimes I won't find one after an hour of searching. If CL goes dry, I try eBay. I used to Google for "Craigslist project pinball" but have gotten out of the habit since I find so many in my regular searches. I can usually find a Project Pin in the Northeast, Florida or on the West Coast when having trouble finding Project Pins. Salt Lake City and Albuquerque are usually 'draino' so I feel for those of you in New Mexico and Utah.

#4799 11 days ago

Game/Type: Torch / SS System 1 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1980
Production: 3,880
Cost: $500 obo
Pinsider: clarksonrj
Contact/Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/45388

#4800 11 days ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Dave

The posting is already gone, so I can't see it for myself, but if anyone here bought this pin, I've just started restoring my Hi-Deal playfield. I'd be willing to share anything that helps another Hi-Deal get fixed up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 140.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Güttingen, TG
There are 4867 posts in topic. You are on page 96 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.