Topic Stats

• 13,556 posts
  • 454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 minutes ago by bluespin
  • Topic is favorited by 406 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,084 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

00H0H_dNaDfnOGkwY_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00L0L_3iJFLR1k8TG_1200x900 (resized).jpg
s-l1602 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-17-01-53-55 (resized).png
83B4657B-56CF-421E-81C1-B14804276023 (resized).jpeg
780977D1-CCA5-4E9A-8906-1C32CC301EB3 (resized).jpeg
111101C9-A0F9-4A3A-B9C5-BBAD7BAB3BC5 (resized).jpeg
945EB39C-AE5F-43D7-9C35-83C2DC37197C (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 6.37.57 PM (resized).png
image-2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-12-16-33-38 (resized).png
20170329_221849(1) (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-10-04 (resized).png
13A4B419-3066-4286-B478-52EBF1818392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190809_104247 (resized).jpg

There are 13556 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 272.
#4551 2 years ago

Just emailed about Surfer - who wants to deliver to Baltimore for $200 ???

#4552 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Just emailed about Surfer - who wants to deliver to Baltimore for $200 ???

It is still available, someone should snatch this one up - guy responded, and offered to talk and supplied phone #.

Supposedly a good EM machine, sought after.................this is one I want sometime.

#4553 2 years ago

It is still available, someone should snatch this one up - guy responded, and offered to talk and supplied phone #.
Supposedly a good EM machine, sought after.................this is one I want sometime.

So do a roadtrip!! 11 hrs. one way.

#4554 2 years ago

It is a competition quality pin. It is one of the few Gottliebs I would not mind owning, except I swore off of EMs.

PAPA.org has a vid.

#4555 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is a competition quality pin. It is one of the few Gottliebs I would not mind owning, except I swore off of EMs.
PAPA.org has a vid.
» YouTube video

I have a buddy with a surf champ (4 Player). It is a very fun machine

#4556 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is one of the few Gottliebs I would not mind owning, except I swore off of EMs.

Swore off EM's??? *gasp*

I ended up going the other way... SS's gone, all EM now (except a Sinbad which, lets face it, still has real chimes).

What prompted the switch?

#4557 2 years ago

this topic makes me drool so much, I love project pins - reworking them until they come back to life. I'm never going to be an expert at restoration but it is a heck of a lot of fun and a whole lot cheaper than restoring classic cars!

I'm looking at retiring in a few years and my wife and I are seriously thinking of getting a trailer/5th wheel for long roadtrips. Soon, it won't be a big deal to bid on one 700 miles away.

#4558 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Swore off EM's??? *gasp*
I ended up going the other way... SS's gone, all EM now (except a Sinbad which, lets face it, still has real chimes).
What prompted the switch?

I have had two EMs. Both had problems and I am not any good with the trouble shooting part. I would need to work with a pro looking over my shoulder and teach me how to trouble shoot all those coils and switches.

#4559 2 years ago

Finally! Something from AZ - a 'mint' project.

Manufacturer: Segasa, of Spain
Game/Type: Monaco / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1977
Production: Unknown
Cost: $500
Contact/Link: phoenix.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Been sitting for 7 years used to work fine. Sold AS is as I do not know the current condition. Needs some wiring fix on the main power cord as it got pulled out.

Great candidate for a Stencil Kit, cab is solid.

Playfield is mint and back glass is mint. If you want to do a mini restore the good cab, mint PF and mint BG will make it a super candidate. Has some LED's etc.

Sold as is, I will not test, plug in or assemble head or playfield. Worked 7 years ago fine but sold as unknown."

#4560 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Wizard / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1974
Production: 10,005
Cost: $750
Contact/Link: phoenix.craigslist.org link

Condition: No Pics! OP: "needs repair. Have new backglass. Good cond."

#4561 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Comet / SS System 9, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1985
Production: 8,100
Cost: $800 Firm
Contact/Link: portland.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...in very nice players shape but it could definitely use a scrub on the playfield and some new rubbers, the ramps and plastics are already taken off of it and the machine is ready to be shopped by the new owner, I just don't have the energy to work on it out in the cold... Yes, game is working, the ramps are in great shape and we can boot it up and you can check it out first."

Added over 3 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#4562 2 years ago

Game/Type: Comet / SS System 9, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1985
Production: 8,100
Cost: Reduced from $850 to $800
Contact/Link: Pinsider: Pinphila https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-comet-2

Condition: Loads of Pics! OP: "Have a comet forsale. Game is in typical shape. Playfield has some wear at usual spots but pretty good otherwise. Standard minor planking. Ramps and plastics are good. Game plays. Game could use a shop. Displays work, board is good.

Right sling not working but I'll try to fix that.

Backglass In fair shape. They is some flaking but not terrible IMO.

Remote battery.

Spiral ramp was replaced. Main ramp looks good.
Again, this is players shape. Needs a shop but plays fine. All displays work. Needs the right sling fixed and power supply connector."

#4563 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have had two EMs. Both had problems and I am not any good with the trouble shooting part. I would need to work with a pro looking over my shoulder and teach me how to trouble shoot all those coils and switches.

Interested?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games

#4564 2 years ago

~~~~~Mr. Pinball Classisifeds~~~~~

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Aquarius / EM
Month/Year: Oct.1970
Production: 2,025
Cost: $350

OP: Not collector quality, players machine, playfield good, cabinet shows scratching on the side, backglass has significant paint cracking in the solid white around the score wheels, game works perfectly.

#4565 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

So do a roadtrip!! 11 hrs. one way.

Tempting!! I could easily make the drive - guy wrote me again and said price is negotiable!!!! Doh!

I want to "cut my teeth" on an EM, and I have seen opinions on Pinside that Surfer/Champ, Old Chicago, Quick Draw, and Jack in Box are some to look out for..............my experiences with them have all been negative, they are SOOO appealing art-wise, but leave me cold with gameplay - but I'm not convinced yet!!

Someone said EM's once you get to know them can be easier than SS because ONE switch handles ONE thing - so you can zero in on the problem without too much difficulty?

#4566 2 years ago

Someone said EM's once you get to know them can be easier than SS because ONE switch handles ONE thing - so you can zero in on the problem without too much difficulty?

You have a direct correlation between each switch and a function it is performing. It becomes pretty easy to zone in on a problem before even looking at the schematic after a while, like with a solid state game and knowing the connector layout for a particular system...

But there's no (or few) diodes, if the game has bridge rectifiers, it is extremely obvious if they are shorted, and the schematics are more legible and require less mental gymnastics (or information that you don't have) to work out problems. Plus you don't have to worry about the 'black box' of ROMs or the programming of the game.

#4567 2 years ago

Bingopodcast,

Yep, and I'm good with mechanical better than electronics!! I'll nab an EM sometime! Love the chimes and art!! So I naturally want to love the game........................

#4568 2 years ago

Bingopodcast,
Yep, and I'm good with mechanical better than electronics!! I'll nab an EM sometime! Love the chimes and art!! So I naturally want to love the game........................

Not just the chimes. it's the mechanical sounds & feel of the relays, drop resets, & score reels doing their thing. I love popping the hood on an EM & showing it to someone who has no idea how they work.

#4569 2 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

SAME SELLER
Game/Type: Big Top / EM
Mo/Year: January 1964 . . .

This one is the Big Top by Wico and is a home model.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=287

#4570 2 years ago

oops..I added addendum on my original post. Thanks for clarifying.

#4571 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Not just the chimes. it's the mechanical sounds & feel of the relays, drop resets, & score reels doing their thing. I love popping the hood on an EM & showing it to someone who has no idea how they work.

Don't forget the wonderful smell of oil, dirt, nicotine and dried beer!

#4572 2 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Don't forget the wonderful smell of oil, dirt, nicotine and dried beer!

Ermagerd. "EM smell" is the best.
(Minus the beer and cigarettes. Ew.)

#4573 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Gameplan
Game/Type: Sharpshooter
Month/Year: May 79
Production: 4200
Cost: $850
Contact/Link:madison.craigslist.org link

Nice looking Gameplan Sharpshooter. I'd like to have this one. Lot of miles, though. And wrong direction. I'm afraid I'd get up there and get snowed in.

#4574 2 years ago

$500 for both?

Manufacturer: Gameplan / SS 4 Player
Game/Type: Sharpshooter
Month/Year: May 79
Production: 4200

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Spy Hunter / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1984
Production: 2,300

Link/Contact: littlerock.craigslist.org link

OP: Up for sale is a 1984 bally spyhunter, and a 79 game plain sharpshooter pinball machines projects found something I want so they have to go both turn on one plays the other it would not take much to get going want to sell both together so call me or text for any information thanks

#4575 2 years ago

Game/Type: Darling / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1973
Production: 3,677
Cost: $500 Negotiable
Contact/Link: cosprings.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Want a great game room piece? This is it! Great entertainment for all ages. For the price you can't beat it, seeing as most pinball machine in latter models cost thousands. Recent flipper rebuild so both flippers work properly. Rubbers replaced. Need to sell due to a newborn on the way and it's going to be impossible to play with the little time that will be on my hands."

#4576 2 years ago

Game/Type: Target Alpha / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1976
Production: 7,285
Cost: $400
Contact/Link: Pinsider: Clytor https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/44078

Condition: "Currently the game will play but sometimes it doesn't advance the ball. Sometimes it doesn't advance the player. I have a set of rubber rings and flipper rebuild kits to go with it."

#4577 2 years ago

Game/Type: Cleopatra / SS
Year: November 1977
Production: ~7,300
Cost: $500 obo
Pinsider: SPITFIREMODS
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/44559

#4578 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Big Game/ SS Widebody 4 Player
Year: March 1980
Production: 2,713
Cost: Starting Bid: $475 (No current bids) Auction ends Thursday 2/2
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » 1980 Vintage Big Game Pinball Machine Stern Inc

OP: As-is,Good Working Condition as soon as you remove and replace rubbers,kits available on Ebay for about $20. 2 keys included

s-l1600 (3) (resized).jpg

#4579 2 years ago

I love and hate this thread. I love seeing what's out there for reasonable prices, and I hate that the ones I'd take are always too far away!

Exhibit A:

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Target Alpha / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1976
Production: 7,285
Cost: $400
Contact/Link: Pinsider: Clytor https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/44078
Condition: "Currently the game will play but sometimes it doesn't advance the ball. Sometimes it doesn't advance the player. I have a set of rubber rings and flipper rebuild kits to go with it."

#4580 2 years ago

Game/Type: Big Game/ SS Widebody 4 Player
Year: March 1980
Production: 2,713
Cost: Starting Bid: $475 (No current bids) Auction ends Thursday 2/2
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » 1980 Vintage Big Game Pinball Machine Stern Inc
OP: As-is,Good Working Condition as soon as you remove and replace rubbers,kits available on Ebay for about $20. 2 keys included

Big game is a fun player. Seriously underrated IMHO.

#4581 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I love and hate this thread. I love seeing what's out there for reasonable prices, and I hate that the ones I'd take are always too far away!
Exhibit A:

I hear you...most of the great deals are too far away. The excitement of seeing the name of the machine....even better when looking at the price....then, the utter disappointment when you get to the location. (Insert Price Is Right losing chime here).

#4582 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I tried buying the one that was for sale in Lafayette a couple months back but somebody beat me to it.

#4583 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Exhibit A:

Actually I've tried to buy this and it is near me and I've contacted Clytor twice. No response. So there's that too.

#4584 2 years ago

Game/Type: Big Indian / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1974
Production: 8,030
Cost: Buy It Now: $675 obo
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Gotlieb Big Indian Pinball Machine Intact
OP: All Intact Will need a good cleaning and some work.

Relisted...Buy It Now: $450 obo

ebay.com link » Gotlieb Big Indian Pinball Machine Intact Local Pick Up

#4585 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I agree. I am in process of restoring my BG. I should have the play field back from being restored with a clear coat at the end of March. I'll be buried in it but I don't care. It is a gas to play.

#4586 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Actually I've tried to buy this and it is near me and I've contacted Clytor twice. No response. So there's that too.

Clytor is a great guy. I shot him a text to let him know to check his pinside messages.

#4587 2 years ago

Game/Type: Firepower / SS System 6, 4 Player
Month/Year: February, 1980
Production: 17,410
Cost: $500
Contact/Link: denver.craigslist.org link

Condition: No Pics! OP: "Not currently working but its close: One flipper is frozen and it is stuck in diagnostic mode. Table is in fair to poor as is the back glass. An easy fix I have no doubt for the electronics ethusiast."

#4588 2 years ago

Don't know where else to post this so posting it here. It has a Project Pin price!
Manufacturer: Midway/Williams
Game/Type: The Addams Family / SS WPC (Fliptronics 1), 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1992
Production: 20,270
Cost: $2850
Contact/Link: fortcollins.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Pinball machine in great condition. Many hours of fun! Time to remodel. Some spare bumpers and balls included."

#4589 2 years ago

Game/Type: Lucky Ace / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: November 1974
Production: 2,809
Cost: $150 "...might be open to a trade...of what? I don't know. Though, if you work on pinballs professionally, I'd trade for some of your time working on my other machines (sorry, not selling any of those)."
Contact/Link: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: "This pinball is complete, but obviously needs work. Someone painted the cabinet black, then someone else started removing the black paint. There should easily be enough of the original pain to do a tracing and make stencils...or, paint it black . Hey, if you buy it, you may of course do anything you'd like. Everything is here, including the slightly rusty legs....though there's no back door and no paper work with it (manual and/or schematic...the schematic can be downloaded online at ipdb) There's also a complete new replacement rubber kit.
As far as how it works, I don't know, have never plugged it in. You're welcome to when you come to see it."

#4590 2 years ago

Game/Type: World Cup / SS System 3, 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1978
Production: 6,253
Cost: $400 Firm
Condition: "Powers up and plays but has no sound, and needs to be serviced. An easy project pin for a good price.
Has all new rubber top to bottom."
Added over 3 years ago: **Price reduced to $300 Firm**

#4591 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: The Addams Family / SS WPC (Fliptronics 1), 4 Player
Cost: $2850

Oh man this guy's inbox is going to get pummeled

#4592 2 years ago

Game/Type: Kings & Queens / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1965
Production: 2,875
Cost: Starting Bid $400. Ends February 4th 11:50 AM MT
Contact/Link: ebay.com link » Kings And Queens Pinball Machine Made By Gottlieb Project Machine

Condition: " IT DOES NOTHING.COMES WITH NEW PLASTICS AND BACK GLASS.LISTING CHEAP JUST TRYING TO GET MY MONEY BACK IN NEW PARTS BOUGHT."

#4593 2 years ago

Game/Type: Sheriff / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1971
Production: 2,900
Cost: Starting Bid $300. Ends February 4th 11:37 AM MT
Contact/Link: ebay.com link » Sheriff Pinball Machine Made By Gottlieb Project Machine

Condition: "its a working PROJECT machine.the game works but NOT AS SHOULD. IT doesn't count balls,i touch most scoring works but drop targets didnt seem to reset.2 new locks installed legs need painting and coin door and other crone needs polished. P.s the glass in it really isnt to bad A LITTLE FLACKING ON THE COWBOY LEG."

#4594 2 years ago

Game/Type: Flash / SS System 4, 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1979
Production: 19,505
Cost: Current Bid: $103.50. Ends February 2nd 11:10 AM MT
Contact/Link: ebay.com link » 1978 Williams Flash Pinball Machine
Condition: Missing lockdown bar in pics. OP: "Poor condition. Good for parts or repair."

Added over 3 years ago: **This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.**

Added over 3 years ago: **Magic, below, Archived**

#4595 2 years ago

Game/Type: Magic / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1979
Production: 2,466
Cost: $900
Pinsider: too-many-pins
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/44674

#4596 2 years ago

Project Eight Ball posted on Pinside yesterday.... didn't see it in this thread's recent posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-or-trade-eight-ball-project

Bally
Eight Ball
$500 or trade
Pinsider: mtnfrost

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#4597 2 years ago

Projects for sale at TPF, these will be at the swap meet. Let me know if you have an interest.

Mousin Around - Has Spare PF
6m Dollar Man - Rough Cab, Nice BG and Nice PF
Cue ball wizard - Nice
Dolly Parton - Nice
Mata Hari - Nice BG, Nice Cab, ok PF
Mata Hari - Lower Cab
Power Play - Nice BG, ok Cab, OK PF ware at the slingshots
Power Play - Nice BG, cab needs work, ok PF
Rescue 911 - Missing Coin Door
Rescue 911 - Missing BG
Road Kings - Nice
Baby Pac-Man - Missing Parts
Bally - Strikes and Spares - Rough
Black Jack - No notes yet
Disco Fever - No notes yet
Firepower - No notes yet
Gorgar - No notes yet
Gorgar - No notes yet
Gorgar - bottom
Jokers Wild - No notes yet
Lucky 7 - No notes yet
Meteor - No notes yet
Middle Earth - No notes yet
Mr & Mrs Pac - No notes yet
Pokerino - No notes yet
Pokerino - No notes yet
Time Warp - No notes yet
Time Warp - No notes yet
Tri Zone - No notes yet
Trident - No notes yet
Twin Joker - No notes yet
Williams Soccer - No notes yet
World Cup - No notes yet

#4598 2 years ago
Quoted from pantherpinball:

Projects for sale at TPF, these will be at the swap meet. Let me know if you have an interest.
Mousin Around - Has Spare PF
6m Dollar Man - Rough Cab, Nice BG and Nice PF
Cue ball wizard - Nice
Dolly Parton - Nice
Mata Hari - Nice BG, Nice Cab, ok PF
Mata Hari - Lower Cab
Power Play - Nice BG, ok Cab, OK PF ware at the slingshots
Power Play - Nice BG, cab needs work, ok PF
Rescue 911 - Missing Coin Door
Rescue 911 - Missing BG
Road Kings - Nice
Baby Pac-Man - Missing Parts
Bally - Strikes and Spares - Rough
Black Jack - No notes yet
Disco Fever - No notes yet
Firepower - No notes yet
Gorgar - No notes yet
Gorgar - No notes yet
Gorgar - bottom
Jokers Wild - No notes yet
Lucky 7 - No notes yet
Meteor - No notes yet
Pokerino - No notes yet
Pokerino - No notes yet
Time Warp - No notes yet
Time Warp - No notes yet
Tri Zone - No notes yet
Trident - No notes yet
Twin Joker - No notes yet
Williams Soccer - No notes yet
World Cup - No notes yet

Wish I lived in Texas...

#4599 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Wish I lived in Texas...

There is always NAVL.

#4600 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Wish I lived in Texas...

There will probably be some nearby pinheads making the trip. If you don't know your local pin community you're missing a big part of the fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
975 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warrenton, VA
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Port Jervis, NY
$ 157.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
There are 13556 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 272.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside