IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0145 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
427544480_438001162096613_4726558780365908600_n (resized).jpg
432351887_946619277018071_8910572839030189925_n (resized).jpg
20231211_183040 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 522.
#4101 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

=================================
Can we get some applause for Pecos here? 1840 posts by Pecos alone over a year's time, favorited by 154 pinsiders, and providing a ton of good info.
=================================

Welcome jeffc! I'm not good at accepting criticism or praise, but your comments do mean a lot to me. Thank you!

Quoted from robotron911:

How many games is Pecos responsible for getting saved? Many owe him a debt of gratitude.

Thanks robotron911. I can only hope that the teenagers of today get as much pleasure playing these old pins as I did when I was that age. Earlier this year I was being questioned as a possible juror for a jury trial. When listing what I have done and what I was doing I concluded by stating that I currently restore pinball machines and match project pinball machines with people who want them. I got a lot of curious stares after that statement.

Quoted from bingopodcast:

Absolutely! This is the thread I most consistently check on Pinside, and it is one of the most consistently updated, too! Thanks Pecos!

You are welcome Nick and Thank You for letting me know how much you visit the thread. I had no idea that we were so honored by your silent presence! Since I am in the story telling mood I will give you the reasons 'Why' I started this thread. I didn't have a lot of money to spend on pinball machines so I began searching locally for any bargain pins I could find. After a few months, I realized that I enjoyed the hunt and that I was getting pretty good at finding affordable pins although they were almost always Project Pins. It seemed only natural to broaden my search and share the joys of finding a bargain Project Pin with other Pinsiders.

DirtFlipper found my first Project Pin this year, a $200 'The Amazing Spiderman' on the 'Some nice looking EM classics just came up on CL' thread before I started this thread. So I just picked up the torch and carried it - payback of the good kind. Since then I have found and hauled home 18 other bargain pins. I was so thankful to DirtFlipper and given my experience hunting down Project Pins it seemed only natural that I should start my own thread for the EM pinballs that weren't quite so nice. It was a post on the 'Some nice looking EM classics just came up on CL' thread though that complained that posts on Pinside kept him from getting a pinball that he wanted that was the final bit of encouragement that I needed. It was only then that I became determined to start and commit my time to a new thread.

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Pecos IS the MAN

And I guess that makes you my 'Mini Me'. Ha ha! Not in stature or the number of posts, of course.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

I have mixed feeling about this thread but I to want to say thanks for starting it. I check it all the time and it has been a lot of fun to watch.
What I love about the thread is it lets me know if there is something for sale fairly local I might have missed when looking for machines and I have found a few machines as a result. For that I say a big THANK YOU!

I am always glad to hear that a Pinsider has found a pin on this thread. Thank you for sharing!

Quoted from too-many-pins:

What I don't like about the thread is very often it has let others know about a machine I though I would be able to grab and someone else has gotten to it first or offered more.

Well, you can't land them all! Look on the bright side. If you have too many pins, perhaps it is a blessing that you missed a few! Sorry too-many-pins, I just couldn't refuse the temptation.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Definitely. Great job Pecos. Always finds good deals, and absolutely the most updated thread. CaptiveBall contributes a ton, and also deserves a round.

Thank you! Absolutely, Captive_Ball deserves a ton of credit for keeping this thread up-to-date and active. Thank you Captive_Ball for all of your help! But he is not the only one. At the risk of missing someone, as I'm sure that I will, there are so many others who contribute. ForceFlow recently posted a rare find in Ohio and a Pinsider, nikpinball, grabbed it. RyanClaytor has chipped in with ads from 'Mr. P'. Zacaj seems to have an uncanny knack for finding those super bargains that get snapped up in hours and not days. Matesamo has recently joined us and has posted many ads he has found in the northeast. And there are many others: RCA1, Philk, Radius118, Isochronic_Frost, rkahr, Wickerman2, NicoVolta, meSz, YeOldPinPlayer, and hoov. Those are just the Pinsiders who have posted Project Pins in the past month. As you can see, I get lots of help. I thank each and every one of you.

Golly Gee Whiz Guys and Gals, all of this praise has me... ...ing.

#4102 7 years ago

Welcome SilverBallKid!

Quoted from SilverBallKid:

Had one guy ready to sell me a table earlier this week only to have him tell me 24 hours later that he sold it to someone else. Listing is still up and says game is still available.

I can tell you what I do to minimize this from happening, though it won't work for everyone. I comb my hair and put on some halfway decent clothes and go get the CL item. But I am in a position where I can drop everything and go get it. If the machine is in Tucson I tell them that I can be there in less than an hour and give an ETA. If I have to travel out of Tucson, I ask the seller if he will hold it for me. Just getting a commitment from the seller helps, I think, the chances that the pinball machine will still be available when I get there. As a Thank You for holding the machine, whether one hour or one day, I always give a bonus of $20 to $50. I leave happy and the seller is always glad to get more than the selling price. I almost always accept the sellers price so I only go after pins that are priced 'right' for me. Only once have I offered less when I got to see the machine in person and it was in poor shape. AND then I STILL gave him a bonus on top of the agreed upon price!

Another person I have contacted now twice using the email address listed on the ad and I am not even getting a response.

I guess that I've been lucky. I have only had one or two sellers not respond to my voice mail or email, but, yeah, it does happen and I'm not exactly sure why.

Trying to bring in a "new" game before Christmas.

I hope you have a Very Merry Pinbally Christmas!

#4103 7 years ago

Welcome vec-tor! Your post made me curious so I looked Vector up on IPDB. It *looks* like a cool game. I would take a risk on it if I could find a project Vector.

#4104 7 years ago

SilverBallKid, here is one reason why the seller didn't respond to emails:
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Alpine Club / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: February 1965
Production: 1,200
Cost: $400
Contact/Link: columbus.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Good condition. ...I am sorry for not responding to those who emailed. I have had a perfect storm of vacation and family illnesses. Please email again if you are interested and I will respond! Thanks!"

Added over 7 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#4105 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Flying Circus / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: May 1961
Production: 2,050
Contact/Link: inlandempire.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...need some work and cleaning up"

Just listed on Mr. Pinball Classifieds too....pinheads get a higher price then CL observers?

Flying Circus, 1961 Gottlieb: 450.00
This is a project. The playfield is in good shape. The backglass has some missing paint. Cabinet is good.

#4106 7 years ago

Quoted from Pecos:~~~~~~~MIDDLE POP BUMPER ALERT~~~~~~~
Game/Type: Fan-Tas-Tic / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1972
Production: 5,680
Cost: $150
Condition: No Pics! OP: "Major Project"
Contact/Link: cleveland.craigslist.org link

Also listed with pics on Pinside:
Pinsider: davideokills
Contact/Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-sale-make-offers#post-3477271
Added over 7 years ago: **Supersonic, below, This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.**

Added over 7 years ago: **Archived**

#4107 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Supersonic / SS MPU AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1979
Production: 10,340
Cost: Buy It Now: $800 obo
Contact/Link: ebay.com link: BALLY SUPERSONIC PINBALL MACHINE 1979 PROJECT MACHINE

OP: This pinball machine is a project machine. At the current time 4 out of the 5 displays are working one is missing. CPU rebuilt with new proms, driver board rebuilt, power driver repaired, and the sound board is working but not fully it is missing some sounds. Game can be played but will need lots of adjustments. Coin door needs work. Backglass is in really good shape but it does have some marks but no peeling. Missing playfield glass. Playfield is good to fair. Looks like it has been touched up. Overall this game can be repaired and would make a nice game.

#4108 7 years ago

Game/Type: Captain Fantastic / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1975
Production: 16,155
Cost: $800
Contact/Link: sandiego.craigslist.org link
Condition: "All original, includes manual and manufacturer's certificate, serial no. 14185."

Added over 7 years ago: **This posting has expired.**

Added over 7 years ago: **Some projects, below, Archived**

#4109 7 years ago

~~~Pinsider DAVIDEOKILLS selling some projects.~~~

Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/42762

Please help with the burden of too many projects. I'm in limbo for at least another month till our new studio workshop is ready to move into. Take one of these projects off my hands. Prices extremely negotiable and trades welcome.

Black Jack(s) $500 for the pair
One complete game and one that is in boxes.

Fan-Tas-Tic $150
Missing a backglass and some minor parts (ball trough switch and maybe some coils).

Force II $500
Nice backglass and playfield. It needs displays and an MPU.

Fire! $1000
I stole the MPU to get High Speed going. It was working great but needs some new rescue plastics. It plays as is but has a lot of air balls.

Sheriff $200
I restenciled the cabinet and haven't been able to get back to this project.

Skipper $50
Haven't put any time into this one but the backglass isn't in great shape and it will probably need considerable work to get working.

Take the whole lot for $1800.

#4110 7 years ago

Game/Type: High Hand / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: July 1973
Production: 4,950
Contact/Link: lasvegas.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Body and glass are in good condition. It lights up but we haven't played it because it needs new rubber bumpers and we didn't want to damage anything. It is missing a flipper, and I wouldn't know if it needs anything else."
Added over 7 years ago: **F-14 Tomcat, below, This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Added over 7 years ago: **Bride of Pinbot, Slugfest and Dracula, below, This posting has been deleted by its author.**

Added over 7 years ago: **Wild Fyres, below, Archived**

Added over 7 years ago: Doozie, below, This posting has expired.**

#4111 7 years ago

~~~Pinsider Rixzilla has a pair of Stern Wild Fyres for sale~~~

Link:https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/42661

One is working except for sound, the other, which I would consider a parts machine has a working sound board and better cabinet. One nice back glass, the other has a lot of peeling. In other words you could build one nice working machine and still have many parts left over. PM me with any questions. Can transport to MD or anywhere along I-95 FL to MD. Thanks for looking.

#4112 7 years ago

Game/Type: F-14 Tomcat / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1987
Production: 14,502
Cost: Buy It Now: $800 Firm
Contact/Link: boston.craigslist.org link

OP: Williams F-14 Tomcat Pinball Machine. In very good shape except that the third display does not work, and the machine will not let me start a game. All the lights, sounds, switches, bumpers, flippers seem to work fine. The machine goes into attract mode and the top lights will flash and turn. This has worked for years just fine, and would be worth 3 times what I am asking if it did. Price is firm - if I can't sell it in this condition I will find someone who can fix it.

F14 (resized).jpgF14 (resized).jpg

#4113 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

SilverBallKid, here is one reason why the seller didn't respond to emails:
Condition: "Good condition. ...I am sorry for not responding to those who emailed. I have had a perfect storm of vacation and family illnesses. Please email again if you are interested and I will respond! Thanks!"

That's pretty funny, how rare that someone is actually aware of the distress their abandoned ad has caused us pinheads!
It's refreshing, I always appreciate people who actually maintain their ads and I too, try to tip a bit extra when buying, although I haven't bought any pins from CL, I've bought a lot of other great items!

#4114 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Thank you! Absolutely, Captive_Ball deserves a ton of credit for keeping this thread up-to-date and active. Thank you Captive_Ball for all of your help! But he is not the only one. At the risk of missing someone, as I'm sure that I will, there are so many others who contribute. ForceFlow recently posted a rare find in Ohio and a Pinsider, nikpinball, grabbed it. RyanClaytor has chipped in with ads from 'Mr. P'. Zacaj seems to have an uncanny knack for finding those super bargains that get snapped up in hours and not days. Matesamo has recently joined us and has posted many ads he has found in the northeast. And there are many others: RCA1, Philk, Radius118, Isochronic_Frost, rkahr, Wickerman2, NicoVolta, meSz, YeOldPinPlayer, and hoov. Those are just the Pinsiders who have posted Project Pins in the past month. As you can see, I get lots of help. I thank each and every one of you.
Golly Gee Whiz Guys and Gals, all of this praise has me... ...ing.

I really appreciate the mention! I've gotten that bug of just browsing ads and then sharing the great ones for other pinsiders! Living by proxy aha. I don't have the money or space for these pins, but I have a LOT of free time! It's nice to find them and then help someone else get a project they've been wanting!

#4115 7 years ago

~~~Pinsider DAVIDEOKILLS selling some projects.~~~
Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/42762
Please help with the burden of too many projects. I'm in limbo for at least another month till our new studio workshop is ready to move into. Take one of these projects off my hands. Prices extremely negotiable and trades welcome.
Black Jack(s) $500 for the pair
One complete game and one that is in boxes.
Fan-Tas-Tic $150
Missing a backglass and some minor parts (ball trough switch and maybe some coils).
Force II $500
Nice backglass and playfield. It needs displays and an MPU.
Fire! $1000
I stole the MPU to get High Speed going. It was working great but needs some new rescue plastics. It plays as is but has a lot of air balls.
Sheriff $200
I restenciled the cabinet and haven't been able to get back to this project.
Skipper $50
Haven't put any time into this one but the backglass isn't in great shape and it will probably need considerable work to get working.
Take the whole lot for $1800.

Is this the fellow who owns that business, is moving and was selling something like 30 pins? I believe it is and it's tempting me to drive out to Ohio

#4116 7 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Is this the fellow who owns that business, is moving and was selling something like 30 pins? I believe it is and it's tempting me to drive out to Ohio

I'll pick you up on the way by! lol

#4117 7 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yes it is, he owns a parlor and a studio with some friends and the studio moved and is overflowing with projects.

#4118 7 years ago

Hey everyone,
I am looking for a little insight here. When an item is sold on Craigslist, is it the responsibility of the seller to remove the listing? Also, is it common to have a difficult time getting a reply out of sellers?
Had one guy ready to sell me a table earlier this week only to have him tell me 24 hours later that he sold it to someone else. Listing is still up and says game is still available. Another person I have contacted now twice using the email address listed on the ad and I am not even getting a response.
Just curious as I am new to "shopping" for games on CL. Trying to bring in a "new" game before Christmas.
Thanks!

I'm the guilty party! Well kind of. I thought it might be me and noticed the ad for the pin I picked up was still active. PM'd SilverBallKid and the pin in question is indeed in my basement. I picked it up the day the ad was posted but the seller didn't mention another confirmed buyer, only another offer lower than his asking price, so I wasn't trying to one-up anybody. Unfortunately the playfield isn't in as good shape as we thought from the pics but I've invited silverballkid to claim dibs if he still wants it. And the seller was a college age kid who described himself as a computer guy so is fully capable of deleting his ad...

Looks like it was listed here earlier but is a Space Odyssey actually:

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Space Mission / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1976
Production: 11,652
Cost: $350
Contact/Link: detroit.craigslist.org link
Condition: Badly flaking backglass. OP: "My father bought this and had it running in our house when I was younger. The Pinball Machine currently needs some work to get it running 100 percent back up to date. The Pinball machine has been sitting in my basement for years now on end with no use. I figured there is someone out there who would appreciate a old collectable pinball machine. ...I remember 15 years ago my father had some maintance work done on it for around 75 bucks and it was working perfectly fine. I'm sure who ever is interested in this Pinball machine knows what there looking at"

#4119 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I had no idea that we were so honored by your silent presence!

Just /mostly/ silent. I speak up when I see a particularly good flipperless deal or to put out info on parts availability or playability of these projects.

I apologize that I haven't had time to put anything on here from my neck 'o the woods. In fact, lemme rectify that:

richmond.craigslist.org link

Game: Doozie/ EM 1 player
Year: 1968
Production: 2150 units
Price: $350 OBO

Condition unknown.

I generally look to see pricing trends and to find games for friends. I am chronically out of space (the pinballer's lament).

#4120 7 years ago

Game: Bride of Pinbot / SS
Year: February, 1991
Production: 8,100

Game: Slugfest / SS pitch and bat
Year: March, 1991
Production: ?

Manufacturer: Stern
Game: Dracula / SS
Year: January, 1979
Production: 3,350

Price: $1400 for all
Condition: "Haven't turned on other 2 yet. All working when stored."

Link: longisland.craigslist.org link

I'd consider grabbing them myself for the Dracula, but I couldn't fit them all in my car...

#4121 7 years ago

That's a steal--that sure won't last long.

#4123 7 years ago

I know, I got to see this.

#4124 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Bride of Slugfest?

It's a rare one-off retheme

#4125 7 years ago

**Relisted at reduced price?**

Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Bally Midway
Game/Type: Black Belt / SS 6803 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1986
Production: 600 (!)
Condition: "- Includes playfield glass and lockdown bar. Also has a score display board, but the glass would need to be replaced."
Contact/Link: atlanta.craigslist.org link
Condition: ... OP: "Just pulled these out of storage and don't have the time to work on. Passing them on to someone looking for some winter projects.
All machines come with fully (or close to) populated playfields, coindoors, transformers and wiring.
Unless noted, all are missing:
Backglass, score displays, circuit boards, lockdown bar & playfield glass.
Contact & Mars have had the topside playfield plastics, posts and screws removed. They are included, and believed to be complete."

Manufacturer: Bally Midway
Game/Type: Black Belt / SS 6803, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1986
Production: 600 (!)
Cost: Was $400? now $275 Firm
Contact/Link: Pinsider RacingPin https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-black-belt-1
Condition: "Bally Black belt for restoration or parts. No boards or backglass but all else is there. Also some water damage on the head."
Added over 7 years ago: Eight Ball Champ, below, Sold for $426.58**

Added over 7 years ago: **Expired**
Added over 7 years ago: **Lucky Hand, below, This posting has expired.**

Added over 7 years ago: Travel Time, below, This posting has expired.**

#4126 7 years ago

Game/Type: Eight Ball Champ / SS 6803, 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1985
Production: 1,500
Cost: Starting Bid: $500 (No current bids) Auction ends Sunday 12/11
Contact/Link: ebay.com link » Eight Ball Champ Pinball Machine For Restore
OP: The things that this needs are wires hooked up. The schematics are included. Needs picture on left side. Top front picture is on but not perfect. Lock on front needs replaced. Only 1 ball in poor shape. Needs rubbers on play table. I think that's all but more than I can handle.

Relisted...Starting bid price $200

ebay.com link: Eight Ball Champ Pinball Machine for Restore

#4127 7 years ago

Relisted...Starting bid price $200
ebay.com link » Eight Ball Champ Pinball Machine For Restore

Now they're talkin. I was watching that one.

#4128 7 years ago

Game/Type: Lucky Hand / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: June 1977
Production: 610
Contact/Link: newlondon.craigslist.org link

Condition: No condition listed so assume the worst, not even turned on in photo.

Lucky Hand (resized).jpgLucky Hand (resized).jpg

#4129 7 years ago

Game/Type: Travel Time / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: January 1973
Production: 3,450

Condition: No condition listed so assume the worst, not even turned on in photo. In a different photo the glass is covered with boxes and storage items.

TravelTRime (resized).jpgTravelTRime (resized).jpg

#4130 7 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Game/Type: Lucky Hand / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: June 1977
Production: 610
Condition: No condition listed so assume the worst, not even turned on in photo.

I'm guessing that Lucky Hand won't last long.........

#4131 7 years ago

Pinball's example of sacrilege OR what happens when Project Pins go to the wrong person - and he's not done yet!

maisie_pin_no_more (resized).pngmaisie_pin_no_more (resized).png

Game/Type: Maisie / EM 1 Player
Features: Flipperless
Month/Year: March 1947
Production: 3,500
Cost: $220
Contact/Link: dothan.craigslist.org link

Condition: He has every right to do this to a pin he owns but I don't have to like it. OP: "This is a custom bar for your home made from a 1947 pinball game. The game was stripped and shortened and made into a custom bar. The original back glass is set in the back of the top and a glass shelf separates two places to put liquor bottles, glasses, etc. the body of the game was shortened and repainted to match the original game. I made a drawer out of the original leftover wood and has the coin slide for a handle. The original wood and legs were refinished and are worth over $100 alone. The whole game is illuminated with led strips. Beautiful piece and one of a kind. Also have custom pinball end tables and working on a 1939 Bally coffee table."

#4133 7 years ago

One of a kind!

#4134 7 years ago

Someone grab this before it's turned into a coffee table!
Game/Type: Wizard / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1974
Production: 10,005
Cost: $750
Contact/Link: dothan.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Here's a working project bally wizard EM pin ball machine. Cabinet needs love but game works 100% to my knowledge."

#4135 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

The original wood and legs were refinished and are worth over $100 alone

No, they are not.

#4136 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

No, they are not.

(My quote shows up like Pecos said that. It was the original CL post, not Pecos.)

#4137 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I'm guessing that Lucky Hand won't last long.........

I agree! I looked long and hard at it but I like being married to much, lol. I have a World Series being delivered tomorrow and then Bronco, Liberty Bell and Jungle Queen on Saturday. Hopefully someone here grabs it and lets us know how it turns out.

#4138 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Pinball's example of sacrilege OR what happens when Project Pins go to the wrong person - and he's not done yet

You know, without knowing the full history it's hard to judge.

For what that is - a pinball-themed liquor cabinet / end table / whatever - I think it's actually pretty well executed and plays the homage very well. The craftsmanship and details are there. You could certainly do a lot worse! I could totally see someone adding this to a gameroom. Or maybe a closet pinhead putting this in a waiting room for clients, etc.

All comes down to the source material. We've all seen games that were too far gone in too many aspects. When a game is parted out, anything goes. Maybe a parts pile was turned into this.

So I'm willing to give kudos to the concept. But yeah, if an otherwise serviceable game was shrunk and chunked, then yeah... that's a shame. Still coulda been worse maybe.

#4139 7 years ago

Game/Type: King Kool / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: July 1972
Production: 3,325
Contact/Link: chicago.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Needs adjustment, powers up but needs repairs. I have schematic for machine."

#4140 7 years ago

Game/Type: Solar Ride / SS System 1, 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1979
Production: 8,800
Cost: $450 Firm
Condition: "...it is a NON WORKING game. The playfield, backglass, & cabinet are in very good condition, I would say anywhere from a 8 to a 10, cabinet is about an 8 everything is there, all the electronics, no cut wires etc, I am selling it AS IS/NON WORKING I will be moving out of state in the future and I just don't have the time to go through it like I intended to"

#4141 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Atari
Game/Type: Middle Earth / SS System 1, 4 Player
Features: Widebody
Month/Year: February 1978
Production: Unknown
Cost: $450
Contact/Link: minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Condition: "In working condition. Good appearance in general, chipping at the base of the machine and some flaking on the backglass. Some lights out. Otherwise, the machine is in good condition."

#4142 7 years ago

**Relisted?? for reduced price**

Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Fascination Int., Incorporated
Game/Type: Eros One / Cocktail SS Allied Leisure MPU 2 Player
Month/Year: March 1979
Cost: $385
Contact/Link: minneapolis.craigslist.org link Condition: "(1) OLDER PINBALL MACHINE. . ..COIN OPERATED GAME TABLE. . .COCKTAIL TABLE PINBALL MACHINE. . .money maker (if restored). . .CONDITION: needs some bumper pads. . .needs to be serviced. . .cleaned up. . .condition: used. . .vintage. . .RARE GAME TABLE."

Cost: Was $385 Now $300
Contact/Link: minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Eros zone pinball console by fascination intertwine the inc. Lights up, flippers work but is missing ball."

#4143 7 years ago

~~~~Middle Pop Bumper Alert!~~~~
Game/Type: Miss-O / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: February 1969
Production: 2,351
Cost: $400 OBRO
Contact/Link: boston.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...missing the coin receiver but otherwise intact and working (set to free-play). Some dings but overall condition is good, cleaned and refirb-ed last year."

#4144 7 years ago

What would this thread be without Pecos's (now trademarked) middle-pop alerts?

BTW... I recently picked up a Fan-Tas-Tic and Spanish Eyes. All I need is a Williams 8-Ball and Magic City and I'll be able to do a Norm Clark middle-pop booth at TPF in 2018.

#4145 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Fascination Int., Incorporated
Game/Type: Hearts and Spades / Cocktail SS 2 Player
Month/Year: December 1978
Cost: $150 OBO
Contact/Link: cosprings.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Does not work I don't know exactly what is wrong with it I bought it as a project and just don't have time for it. perfect for someone that knows how to work on pinball machines. these machines are hard to find now and they can be used for parts for many other allied leisure machines. I had the key for the change compartment but cant find it now I think my kid lost it."

#4146 7 years ago

Game/Type: Blackout / SS System 6, 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1980
Production: 7,050
Cost: $650 OBO
Contact/Link: inlandempire.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Good condition."

Added over 7 years ago: **Magic, on next page, This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Added over 7 years ago: **Duotron, on next page, This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Added over 7 years ago: **Gulfstream, on next page, This posting has expired.**

Added over 7 years ago: **Happy Tour, on next page, Sold for $500**

#4147 7 years ago

Welcome cocomonkeh!

Ha ha! You got that right.

#4148 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Solar Ride / SS System 1, 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1979
Production: 8,800
Cost: $450 Firm
Condition: "...it is a NON WORKING game. The playfield, backglass, & cabinet are in very good condition, I would say anywhere from a 8 to a 10, cabinet is about an 8 everything is there, all the electronics, no cut wires etc, I am selling it AS IS/NON WORKING I will be moving out of state in the future and I just don't have the time to go through it like I intended to"

I'm not sure what the angle is with this one but the seller doesn't want to sell it if he actually has it. I emailed with him a little and when I said ok just let me know where to go and I can head your way I never heard back.

#4149 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

What would this thread be without Pecos's (now trademarked) middle-pop alerts?

I got the idea when one of the regulars on this thread went on and on about middle pop bumper pins. Now I wonder who that would be?

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Only three middle-pop games were made with 3" flippers: Spanish Eyes, Fan-Tas-Tic, and the Freedom prototype. They're all good!

Quoted from NicoVolta:

$350 for a Fan-Tas-Tic? Damn. Wish it was closer. Fun game! Everyone should have at least one middle-pop in their collection.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

How has this not sold yet?!? [Magic City] Great art & middle-pop games are cool. Of the ones with 2" flippers, this is my favorite.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

I always click Freedom ads just in case it is the middle-pop version... ya never know!

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hey hey... middle-pop alert! Thanks for the shout-out, Monsieur Pecos. That 8-Ball looks like a good candidate at a great price. I found one within driving distance about six months ago but passed on it. Just too many games in my work queue right now.
Never played an 8-Ball but it appears to have the exact same layout as Cue-T/Miss-O which I played at ReplayFX last year. It is pretty much a 2" flipper version of Spanish Eyes. Fun game, but Spanish Eyes is wilder and offers more dramatic saves and angular shots due to the longer flippers IMHO.
Now someone in NC go pick up that middle-pop game! Looks nice for the price!

Quoted from NicoVolta:

It's the 2" flipper version of Spanish Eyes... it's fun. Check it out if you're local 'cuz everyone needs a middle-pop somewhere in their collection.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

$150 Fan-Tas-Tic! Middle-pop alert!
dallas.craigslist.org link
...but no backglass.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Middle-pop alert!
I sure hope one of our fellow VECTORIANS gets that Fan-Tas-Tic. Saw it this morning and almost fell out of my chair. If I didn't own a Freedom prototype I'd already be on my way to pick it up. Backglass and PF condition look great. Art package isn't quite as cool as Spanish Eyes... but the game offers more to do overall. So it is probably the second best middle-pop game out there.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Update: We got it.
Now our members have all three of the 3" middle-pop games. And at least one of the 2" middle-pop games: Safari (though, sadly, a dead bumper).
So, if we can get an 8-Ball/Cue-T/Miss-O (same layout) and Magic City... we'd have them all (woodrails excluded) and could do a middle-pop showcase at TPF 2017.
I'm thinking yes!

RyanClaytor: "Don't do it! Then the middle-pop game prices will skyrocket and the rest of us will have no hope of joining the club!"

Quoted from NicoVolta:

No worries... there are lots to go around. Spanish Eyes had a high production run over 3000, and Fan-Tas-Tic a few thousand more than that.
Of the 2" versions sharing the same layout (8-Ball/Miss-O/Cue-T) the combined run was around 10,000 units. Even Magic City got up near 3000.
They are still attainable for reasonable prices, so get one while the gettin's good! Middle-pops rock!
In order of preference I'd of course grab any Freedom prototype no matter what condition it may be in. Then...
(tied for second) Fan-Tas-Tic and Spanish Eyes. Fan-Tas-Tic has more going on, but is a bit slower in part due to the roulette wheel. Spanish Eyes has better artwork and blazing gameplay... but is somewhat simplistic.
3. Magic City (very pretty art, less common than the others)
4. 8-Ball/Miss-O/Cue-T (more common, and the same layout as Spanish Eyes but with 2" flippers)
5. Safari (dead bumper is a bit of a bummer compared with the rest)
Beyond those, all that are left are the 1950's middle-pop wood rails. I've listed them a few times on Pinside. Never played any yet and the speed and layouts vary widely... so no idea how well they would compare with the 60's/70's machines above.
I think we need to design more middle-pop games!

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Well sheeit... an unknown buyer snagged the Fan-Tas-Tic out from under us.
That's how it goes in the Wild West of Craigslist... :/
Pretty sure we'll find another Fan-Tas-Tic by TPF 2017. Hope so, anyway.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

LOL @ the ongoing "middle-pop alert"... check out what I just wrote about Norm Clark in another thread (regarding Freedom)... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/11-em-games-mini-pinraid-worth-anything#post-3284223

Quoted from NicoVolta:

~~~MIDDLE POP ALERT~~~ *whew* finally got to say that myself!
Game/Type: Spanish Eyes / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1972
Production: 3,905
Contact/Link: janesville.craigslist.org link

SkyKing2301: Finally played my first Middle Pop game this past weekend, at Free Play Florida -- Spanish Eyes. Freaking LOVED it. Would've bought it on the spot if someone hadn't beaten me to it the day before. I'll be paying attention to middle pop alerts now!!!

Quoted from NicoVolta:

They are fun, aren't they? Almost a whole different kind of game altogether.
If you haven't seen it yet, all of the middle-pops are listed in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/join-the-middle-pop-club
Happy hunting!

Reality Check: Now who should get the credit for the ~~~MIDDLE POP ALERT~~~ tradition? Me thinks it's not me.

#4150 7 years ago

Pecos is the Pinball Borg... nothing escapes his Exabyte-sized memory banks! BTW, remind me never to post any self-incriminating information here. :p

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 26,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.