Topic Stats

• 13,670 posts
  • 458 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by bluespin
  • Topic is favorited by 409 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,109 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C9B137FF-D416-4D06-A9AF-3F67F3C506CF (resized).jpeg
854A3A1E-2CE5-4823-A428-E3F9208DBC6A (resized).jpeg
night rider (resized).jpg
co33 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-22-12-04-53 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-22-12-00-40 (resized).png
KoS (resized).jpg
IMG_20190821_172147271_HDR (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-21-08-43-08 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-00-39-05 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-19-14-56-56 (resized).png

There are 13670 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 274.
#3601 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Swinger / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: December 1972
Production: 3,229
Cost: $325 OBO
Contact/Link: stcloud.craigslist.org link

Condition: Unknown

#3602 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Medusa / SS MPU AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Features: Zipper Flippers
Month/Year: February 1981
Production: 3,250
Cost: $600 OBRO
Contact/Link: battlecreek.craigslist.org link

Condition: "This is a playable machine that needs some TLC. I planned on refurbishing; too busy."

#3603 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Thanks for listing this, Pecos! Just think... you are one of the SOLE reasons behind a pinball machine crossing the entire width of the United States. Weird, huh?

That's kind of scary, actually. I am humbled, kind sir. I would say 'Enjoy your new Jive Time' but I can see that you are already doing that.

I like that picture of the license for one of those 'evil' pinball machines :

State of Wisconsin
Amusement Device Permit
Department of Justice

Quoted from Otaku:

Sorry for clogging up the thread guys! As you were...

Nonsense! I enjoy seeing these machines end up in the hands of Pinsiders and the pictures that document the journey.

Sorry to hear about the mishap. Mentally create 'debit' column in the accounting part of your brain and mark it up to education and then completely forget it. I have quite a few entries in that column. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

#3604 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Medusa / SS MPU AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Features: Zipper Flippers
Month/Year: February 1981
Production: 3,250
Cost: $600 OBRO
Contact/Link: battlecreek.craigslist.org link
Condition: "This is a playable machine that needs some TLC. I planned on refurbishing; too busy."

Wow, a payable Medusa for $600....would vanish in minutes here in TX.

#3605 2 years ago

Welcome RWH! Nice bacgkround story. I, too, will keep flippin' and collectin' as long as my health will allow.

#3606 2 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Wow, a payable Medusa for $600....would vanish in minutes here in TX.

Whoaaao... it'll be gone in minutes.

If I had to pick a top three in the "Class of '81", Medusa might be #2.

#3607 2 years ago

I emailed immediately and still dont think i was fast enough as there is no response back yet

#3608 2 years ago

Game/Type: Hi-Deal, 1 Player
Month/Year: April, 1975
Production: 2,085
Cost: $200 (!)
Contact/Link: lynchburg.craigslist.org link

I'd buy that for $200

#3609 2 years ago

Game/Type: Strike Zone / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1970
Production: Unknown
Cost: $300
Contact/Link: phoenix.craigslist.org link

Condition: Playfield looks nice. Flaking on backglass. OP: "The game powers on and lights up but does not play. I need to downsize."

#3610 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'd buy that for $200

Another rip on the lit spinner game. It's actually very fun. And one of my favorite artists.

#3611 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'd buy that for $200

Quoted from CactusJack:

Another rip on the lit spinner game. It's actually very fun. And one of my favorite artists.

Yup! Love that unmistakable art package from wacky ole' Dick White.

#3612 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Strike Zone / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1970
Cost: $300
Contact/Link: phoenix.craigslist.org link
Condition: Playfield looks nice. Flaking on backglass. OP: "The game powers on and lights up but does not play. I need to downsize."

Speaking of which, one of these days I'm gonna have you send me that spare Spanish Eyes and your (EDIT: also spare? just noticed) Strike Zone. STI only charges like $30 more for an extra game.

#3613 2 years ago

~~~~~Mr. Pinball Classifieds~~~~~

Game/Type: Hot Tip / SS System 3 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1977
Production: 4,903
Cost: Was $500

OP:Recently shopped with new rubbers full cleaning etc. Boots but has some issues, lost interest. One display is not functioning, game boots but has an issue with blowing solenoid fuse, playfield has slight upwards cup from left to right in the bottom half. Needs a brace. Installed are System4 boards I have original System 3 boards. Can deliver to Nov 11th Chicagoland show morning.

#3614 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Big Indian / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1974
Production: 8,030
Cost: Buy It Now: $675 obo
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Gotlieb Big Indian Pinball Machine Intact

OP: All Intact Will need a good cleaning and some work.

#3615 2 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Love my Hi Deal! From the pics, whoever gets that machine at that price is very lucky!

#3616 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'd buy that for $200

Looks like the same place also has this

Game/Type: Charlie's Angels / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1978
Production: 7,950
Cost: $250
Link/Contact: lynchburg.craigslist.org link

#3617 2 years ago

Dang, why can't I find deals like that close to me, even if it needs new boards and displays I'd still buy for that price.

#3618 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Dang, why can't I find deals like that close to me, even if it needs new boards and displays I'd still buy for that price.

...Colsond3? Is that you?

#3619 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Speaking of which, one of these days I'm gonna have you send me that spare Spanish Eyes and your (EDIT: also spare? just noticed) Strike Zone.

I've been hard at work on one of the Spanish Eyes. For some reason I'd like to play it!

You do understand that they are all project pins? They should clean up nicely and the backglasses are in good shape. PM me if you want to discuss it.

#3620 2 years ago

Game/Type: Hot Doggin' / SS MPU AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Features: Widebody
Month/Year: December 1979
Production: 2,050
Cost: $750
Contact/Link: sfbay.craigslist.org link

Condition: "The playfield is in pretty good condition and all of the plastic so there except one broken plastic the body of the pinball itself is kind a rough might need a new touch up the glass does not have too much Flaking"

#3621 2 years ago

Mystery machine.

Condition: "Williams pinball machine"

Edit: It appears to be a Williams 8 Ball: sfbay.craigslist.org link

~~~~~~~~~~~ Middle Pop Bumper Alert! ~~~~~~~~~~~

#3622 2 years ago

Game/Type: Escape from the Lost World / SS 6803, 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1987
Production: 1,500
Cost: $575
Contact/Link: peoria.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Working"

#3623 2 years ago

The 81' version is considered amoung EBD enthusiasts as the most desirable of the three runs, 81, 82 (LE), 84. The reason the number is $2800, is because many of the 81's are fully restored and can command $4-6K. The LE is considered the ugly duckling of the group. Still the same great playing machine, but it has the Rapid Fire cabinet. Same can also be said for Centaur and Centaur II.

So how much would one of these go for?EBD Early Production (resized).png

#3624 2 years ago

Interesting displays in that game. Look like alphanumeric Gottlieb. There must be a story....do tell

#3625 2 years ago

Game/Type: Playboy / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1978
Production: 18,250
Cost: Opening bid: $800 for entire package
Link/Contact: wichita.craigslist.org link

OP: It plays well but it is a rough project machine that needs restoring if you want it to look pretty.

I have a play field overlay, cabinet stencils, new drop targets, new apron decals, and a new coin door decal.

I'd like to sell it as a package for $800.00 for all items, but I will separate the items if someone wants to buy that way.

$800.00 for all or

1) $600.00 for the pin only.

2) $225.00 for play field overlay, apron decals, drop targets, and door decal only.

3) $115.00 for the cabinet stencils only.

This pin lives on the east side of Wichita.

#3626 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Red Baron / EM 2 Player
Year: June 1975
Cost: $200
Link/Contact: minneapolis.craigslist.org link

OP: There is a problem with the game reset. When it is turned on the game continues to reset and will not complete the process. Once in a blue moon the reset process is complete and you can play a game. The lights all work and when the game does work it seems to operate fine. There is some flaking on the backglass and I sealed it where I could.

#3627 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Mystery machine.
Condition: "Williams pinball machine"
Edit: It appears to be a Williams 8 Ball: sfbay.craigslist.org link
~~~~~~~~~~~ Middle Pop Bumper Alert! ~~~~~~~~~~~

This has been listed for months and the price keeps dropping a little each time.

#3628 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Hot Doggin' / SS MPU AS-2518-35, 4 Player
Features: Widebody
Month/Year: December 1979
Production: 2,050
Cost: $750
Condition: "The playfield is in pretty good condition and all of the plastic so there except one broken plastic the body of the pinball itself is kind a rough might need a new touch up the glass does not have too much Flaking"

Fun game, played that in the Xpin booth. Great price too.

#3629 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

So how much would one of these go for?

You mean THE ONLY ONE? Anyone know how many prototypes were made?

#3630 2 years ago

So how much would one of these go for?

Interesting displays in that game. Look like alphanumeric Gottlieb. There must be a story....do tell

Yup. Futuba alpha numeric displays. Here's the same machine next to an early production model:
Eightall Deluxe (resized).jpg

#3631 2 years ago

Can't provide link to it but in the Lynchburg Va. Craigslist there is listed a Charlie's Angels SS and a Bally Hi Deal EM for sale $250 each.

#3632 2 years ago
Quoted from chucktee:

Can't provide link to it but in the Lynchburg Va. Craigslist there is listed a Charlie's Angels SS and a Bally Hi Deal EM for sale $250 each.

Old news

#3633 2 years ago

Yup. Futuba alpha numeric displays. Here's the same machine next to an early production model:

That is the prototype Eight Ball Deluxe. Bally made 3 games during that time that were prototypes with the blue displays, KISS, Flash Gordon, and EBD. The KISS version had speech.

I don't know how many there are of each, but I would guess single/double digits. Is that one for sale?

-Pat

#3634 2 years ago

Yep. Same place.

#3635 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Red Baron / EM 2 Player
Year: June 1975
Cost: $200
Link/Contact: minneapolis.craigslist.org link
OP: There is a problem with the game reset. When it is turned on the game continues to reset and will not complete the process. Once in a blue moon the reset process is complete and you can play a game. The lights all work and when the game does work it seems to operate fine. There is some flaking on the backglass and I sealed it where I could.

Ad is gone.

#3636 2 years ago

Breaking news - I picked both up this afternoon, 8 hour round trip!

Was quite surprised when I called late yesterday afternoon to find they were still available. Both are very dirty projects, but both came with original docs (Hi-Deal included original schematic, manual in original envelope - nice) and I think will clean up ok.

I only know EM's (and that's only been for 3 years) so the System 1 Charlies Angel will be like starting from scratch again - especially as it is missing the main board:

IMG_3687 (resized).JPG

So, back to Clay's guides, but a different chapter! Plus, I'll have to start posting in the non-EM section here...scary.

I know I shouldn't ask in this topic, but..I read on reviews on IPDB that people had used a "Pascal Janin's PI-1 MPU board" - is that the way to go? Anyway, early days, I'll take a good look at it one weekend when the wife is busy

#3637 2 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Was quite surprised when I called late yesterday afternoon to find they were still available. Both are very dirty projects, but both came with original docs (Hi-Deal included original schematic, manual in original envelope - nice) and I think will clean up ok.
I only know EM's (and that's only been for 3 years) so the System 1 Charlies Angel will be like starting from scratch again - especially as it is missing the main board:

So, back to Clay's guides, but a different chapter! Plus, I'll have to start posting in the non-EM section here...scary.
I know I shouldn't ask in this topic, but..I read on reviews on IPDB that people had used a "Pascal Janin's PI-1 MPU board" - is that the way to go? Anyway, early days, I'll take a good look at it one weekend when the wife is busy

Nice pickup!
Those would be in my garage right now if I lived anywhere close....

#3638 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFixin:

That is the prototype Eight Ball Deluxe. Bally made 3 games during that time that were prototypes with the blue displays, KISS, Flash Gordon, and EBD. The KISS version had speech.
I don't know how many there are of each, but I would guess single/double digits. Is that one for sale?
-Pat

Probably not. It's part of the collection in Banning California. The picture is from two years ago (but it was still there back in January).

#3639 2 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Pascal board is a great all-in-one solution by a dedicated hobbyist who genuinely loves pinball. It also eliminates the need for the harness cable between MPU/driver which is one less thing to repin.

#3640 2 years ago

To continue with what Nick stated, the fact that you are "new" to solid state games, the Pascal Janin all-in-one board removes most of the electronic trouble shooting since it replaced: CPU, Driver board, and power regulator board. And tone sound boards.

By replacing all of it at the same time, you help eliminating damage to a new board by problems on an old board.

So, about all that's left is to check all coils for shorts and missing diodes. And to inspect and/or replace any connector pins that may have been corroded by a leaky battery (especially the switch matrix connectors to the playfield and cabinet).

Just keep in mind that it may be difficult to regain the full value spent on the board with many System 1 games. $250+$325(price I last paid)=$575 which may be exactly what a working Charlie's Angels would sell for with a semi rough backglass. Unless you take it working to a local show. So, no profit for your labor.

#3641 2 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Good for you! Have fun bringing them back to life!!!

#3642 2 years ago

Game/Type: Pinball Pool / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1979
Production: 7,200
Cost: Buy It Now: $650 obo
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Gottlieb Pinball Pool Project Pinball Machine
OP: It is complete but does not power up and play
It probably needs some circuit board work
The playfield is very nice shape

Relisted for $500 obo
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Pinball Pool Project Pinball Machine

#3643 2 years ago

Below auctions all from same seller. Prices a little high for a starting bid considering none of them work.

Game/Type: Spirit of 76 / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1975
Production: 10,300
Cost: Starting BId: $500 (No current bids) Auction ends Sunday
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Spirit Of 76 Pinball Machine

OP: I cannot test function, machine needs power cord. Selling as is

Game/Type: High Hand / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: July 1973
Production: 4,950
Cost: Starting BId: $650 (No current bids) Auction ends Sunday
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » Gottlieb High Hand Pinball Machine

OP: Turns on. Some lights may need to be replaced. Needs work. Doesn't work.

Game/Type: Royal Flush / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: April 1976
Production: 12,250
Cost: Starting BId: $450 (No current bids) Auction ends Sunday
Link/Contact: ebay.com link » 1976 Gottlieb Royal Flush Pinball Machine

OP: Machine is not working. Lights turn on, some may need to be replaced.

#3644 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Pascal board is a great all-in-one solution by a dedicated hobbyist who genuinely loves pinball. It also eliminates the need for the harness cable between MPU/driver which is one less thing to repin.

Congrats on the pickup 4Max, I'm a big Gottlieb system 1 fan (not an expert however). To clarify even more to the responses already though, there are multiple Pascal boards. The PI-1 board replaces the CPU board you are missing for 155 euro, while the PI-1/X4 is the all-in-one that also replaces the power and driver boards that are in there for 275 euro. When I got my Pinball Pool project I opted to go for the all-in-one and am very happy with it.

#3645 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

**This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Game/Type: Eight Ball Deluxe / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1980
Production: 8,250
Cost: $350 OBO
Link/Contact: sierravista.craigslist.org link
Condition: Small piece of backglass appears to be broken and missing at bottom middle. Backbox cabinet in rough shape. OP: "Plays great needs some TLC."

It all started on Monday January 25th of this year. I popped into this thread and saw the above thread post from Pecos. I’ve been wanting and EBD for a couple years now and when I saw this and the proximity it was to Pecos, I had to reach out and see if something could get worked out to purchase this machine. Not knowing me at all he attempted to contact the seller and see if we might be able to make arrangements for the machine later down the road. The seller never did response ….so I stayed on the hunt for an EBD.

But now I was intrigued by the thread. I starting scouring Mr. Pinball Classifieds/Ebay/CL to find machines and help others snag pins at usually reasonable prices (since they are projects). Seemed like a no-brainer.

So one day in June I see a working EBD for sale that is over 400 miles from me. I wouldn’t be able to get the machine in a timely manner…but I contacted the seller anyways to get the ball rolling. I reached out to a fellow Pinsider and they graciously helped me in picking the machine up. Man, people in this hobby are awesome! Fast forward 4 months….the game was delivered this weekend.

Would like to personally thank Pecos for starting this thread. Sure this would have never come to roost if he had not made this thread.

Pics or it didn’t happen

IMG_2029 (resized).JPG
IMG_2027 (resized).JPG
IMG_2026 (resized).JPG

#3646 2 years ago

Thanks for the comments, Cactus, Nick and Borgdog!

Quoted from CactusJack:

about all that's left is to check all coils for shorts and missing diodes. And to inspect and/or replace any connector pins that may have been corroded by a leaky battery (especially the switch matrix connectors to the playfield and cabinet).
Just keep in mind that it may be difficult to regain the full value spent on the board with many System 1 games. $250+$325(price I last paid)=$575 which may be exactly what a working Charlie's Angels would sell for with a semi rough backglass. Unless you take it working to a local show. So, no profit for your labor.

Yep, this one will be a labor of love (and learning).

CactusJack, does the all-in-board also mean I don't have to the the "grounding"?

As for re-pinning - yes, I can see the connectors look old, I'm assuming I have to re-pin each individual pin as per Clay's guide - meaning you cannot just but a new loom?

Promise I'll ask no more questions in Pecos's thread after this!!

#3647 2 years ago

I do not believe grounding will be necessary with the all in one (not true if you buy the CPU only board). The point of grounding each board to a common ground is so there will not be any potential voltage difference between each of the boards. With all three main boards contained on the same board, they all share the same ground.

#3648 2 years ago

It all started on Monday January 25th of this year. I popped into this thread and saw the above thread post from Pecos. I’ve been wanting and EBD for a couple years now and when I saw this and the proximity it was to Pecos, I had to reach out and see if something could get worked out to purchase this machine. Not knowing me at all he attempted to contact the seller and see if we might be able to make arrangements for the machine later down the road. The seller never did response ….so I stayed on the hunt for an EBD.
But now I was intrigued by the thread. I starting scouring Mr. Pinball Classifieds/Ebay/CL to find machines and help others snag pins at usually reasonable prices (since they are projects). Seemed like a no-brainer.
So one day in June I see a working EBD for sale that is over 400 miles from me. I wouldn’t be able to get the machine in a timely manner…but I contacted the seller anyways to get the ball rolling. I reached out to a fellow Pinsider and they graciously helped me in picking the machine up. Man, people in this hobby are awesome! Fast forward 4 months….the game was delivered this weekend.
Would like to personally thank Pecos for starting this thread. Sure this would have never come to roost if he had not made this thread.
Pics or it didn’t happen

Great story. Congratulations on your patience and your new pin!!!

#3649 2 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Welcome 4Max! That's a great way way to introduce yourself to the Project Pin thread! Congratulations on the pick ups! Two pins!

Quoted from 4Max:

Promise I'll ask no more questions in Pecos's thread after this!!

Just because I started this thread it doesn't make it mine. It belongs to all who participate, including you. Don't worry about asking a few questions but if you have a lot of questions then it would probably be best to start your own thread and ask for help there. You have a better chance to attract the attention of some of the other tech types who are good at helping newbies.

Quoted from 4Max:

I read on reviews on IPDB that people had used a "Pascal Janin's PI-1 MPU board" - is that the way to go?

If the Gottlieb System 1 were my project, I would go for the PI-1/X4 all in one board. It would be a no-brainer.

PI-1/X4 ALL-IN-ONE BOARD FOR GOTTLIEB SYSTEM1 PINBALLS
http://www.flippp.fr/pi1x4.php

It's not cheap but by the time you find a replacement MPU you've already spent a big chunk of change. Finding some of the parts for the original MPU and sound boards can be problematic. You solve that problem with new technology and Pacal Janin has excellent customer support if you have any problems.

The Gottlieb System 1/System 80 boards are not something I would recommend someone with no board work to try to fix when starting out.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

It also eliminates the need for the harness cable between MPU/driver which is one less thing to repin.

Yep. Those black connectors are a real pain to repin. They use obsolete bifurcated contacts that are almost impossible to find so that would be one less headache to worry about.

Quoted from CactusJack:

So, about all that's left is to check all coils for shorts and missing diodes. And to inspect and/or replace any connector pins that may have been corroded by a leaky battery (especially the switch matrix connectors to the playfield and cabinet).

CactusJack's advice is good. You can be doing this while you are waiting for your new board, if you choose that route. You will need a decent digital multi-meter if you don't already have one.

This hobby sure is expensive!

Enjoy your new Project Pins!

#3650 2 years ago

...the game was delivered this weekend.

Congratulations on the Eight Ball Deluxe! Kudos for all the hard work you have put into finding Project Pins for others. I'm glad you finally found one for yourself!

Aww, golly gee whiz. I have been rewarded for my efforts many times over. Just hearing that a long time charter member has found one of their favorite pins is satisfaction enough.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 13670 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 274.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside