Topic Stats

• 13,663 posts
  • 458 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by TicTacSeth
  • Topic is favorited by 409 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,109 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C9B137FF-D416-4D06-A9AF-3F67F3C506CF (resized).jpeg
854A3A1E-2CE5-4823-A428-E3F9208DBC6A (resized).jpeg
night rider (resized).jpg
co33 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-22-12-04-53 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-22-12-00-40 (resized).png
KoS (resized).jpg
IMG_20190821_172147271_HDR (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-21-08-43-08 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-20-00-39-05 (resized).png
Screenshot_2019-08-19-14-56-56 (resized).png

There are 13663 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 274.
#3001 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Don't risk it! Some day you might run out of projects temporarily, like me, and then you'll just sit around all day looking at your pinball machines and wishing you had something to do!

I LOL'd a good LOL over this.

#3002 2 years ago

Edit: Duplicate post

#3003 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Paragon / SS AS-2518-35 4 Player
Features: Widebody
Month/Year: December 1978
Production: 9,120
Cost: Unknown
Contact/Link: binghamton.craigslist.org link
Condition: No Pics! OP: "1978 peragon pinball machine for sale for parts"

Added over 3 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#3004 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Don't risk it! Some day you might run out of projects temporarily, like me, and then you'll just sit around all day looking at your pinball machines and wishing you had something to do!

.... Well, I am going to be over there next weekend for the Redmond old car swap meet anyway...
If it's still available I might take a look at it.

#3005 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I can't believe this is still available.

For real. I offered $300 for an OXO in semi-working condition and was promptly turned down. Where's Colly...

Quoted from Colsond3:

...why can't this thing be closer!!!

Quoted from Colsond3:

If he were local...

Quoted from Colsond3:

I would buy [OXO] in a heartbeat, especially at that price.

There we go.

#3006 2 years ago

Game/Type: Wizard / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1974
Production: 10,005
Cost: $850
Contact/Link: newyork.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "This is a fully working, 1974 vintage pinball machine based on the Who's rock Opera, "Tommy." Ann Margaret and Roger Daltry are featured on the back glass. This four-player machine has seen minimal use over the last twenty-plus years. The coin collection system still works, so this machine could be put back in to use to make money."

Added over 3 years ago: **This posting has expired.**
Added over 3 years ago: **Meteor and Freedom, below, Ad not found**

Added over 3 years ago: **Flip Flop, below, This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#3007 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

1978 peragon pinball machine

peragon (resized).jpg

#3008 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I can't believe this is still available. I'm biased as this is my favorite pinball but OXO is one of, if not the best, DC powered Williams EMs from the 70s. For less than $300 it's a no-brainer!

OK Mr. Pecos, you gotta explain this one to me. I'm a fan of Norm Clark's relentless innovating over the years... the roulette wheels... the middle-pops with their flipper drains... the huge spinners... the backwards flippers... but OXO baffles me. I've seen it in person before and studied the layout but the geometry looks very simple. Like, a little too simple. Very similar to a lot of tables without much to shoot at except for "completing the goal". I'm leery of tic-tac-toe themes for this reason... they seem to sacrifice an awful lot of pure gameplay in order to accommodate the raw, visceral, sweaty-palms thrill of playing tic-tac-toe. *grin*

Egg Head and Square Head are good examples. If you don't care about the tic-tac-toe part, the games just fall apart. Both are so brutally difficult anyway that you'll never get the dad gum ball back up to the top even if you *do* care.

Lotsa kick-ass 70's Williams EM's out there with crazy fun features and fast gameplay... Gay 90's, Jive Time, Doodle Bug, Klondike, Spanish Eyes, Fan-Tas-Tic, Aztec, Hot Tip, Rancho... even the Craigslist-hogging Space Mission has its legion of fans. So you gotta tell me what in tarnation is the deal with OXO? Is it a multiplayer thing?

#3010 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I can't believe this is still available. I'm biased as this is my favorite pinball but OXO is one of, if not the best, DC powered Williams EMs from the 70s. For less than $300 it's a no-brainer!

I doubt its still available.....CL posters are notorious for not taking their posts down once a game has already been sold. I did contact them this morning to confirm. Now the wait.

#3011 2 years ago

~~~~~~Mr. Pinball Classifieds~~~~~~

Game/Type: Beauty Contest / Electro-mechanical (EM) 1 Player
Year: January 1960
Production: 1,750
Cost: $200

OP:Nice cabinet and great playfield. Poor backglass.

#3012 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

For real. I offered $300 for an OXO in semi-working condition and was promptly turned down. Where's Colly...

There we go.

I'm still wishing I'd bought that one at the last Ohio show that was $350 fully working "or free to a good home"...

Quoted from NicoVolta:

OK Mr. Pecos, you gotta explain this one to me. I'm a fan of Norm Clark's relentless innovating over the years... the roulette wheels... the middle-pops with their flipper drains... the huge spinners... the backwards flippers... but OXO baffles me. I've seen it in person before and studied the layout but the geometry looks very simple. Like, a little too simple. Very similar to a lot of tables without much to shoot at except for "completing the goal". I'm leery of tic-tac-toe themes for this reason... they seem to sacrifice an awful lot of pure gameplay in order to accommodate the raw, visceral, sweaty-palms thrill of playing tic-tac-toe. *grin*
Egg Head and Square Head are good examples. If you don't care about the tic-tac-toe part, the games just fall apart. Both are so brutally difficult anyway that you'll never get the dad gum ball back up to the top even if you *do* care.
Lotsa kick-ass 70's Williams EM's out there with crazy fun features and fast gameplay... Gay 90's, Jive Time, Doodle Bug, Klondike, Spanish Eyes, Fan-Tas-Tic, Aztec, Hot Tip, Rancho... even the Craigslist-hogging Space Mission has its legion of fans. So you gotta tell me what in tarnation is the deal with OXO? Is it a multiplayer thing?

But, tic tac toe games are amazing! I dream of some day having every tic tac toe machine lined up... I love my Time Line. And my Black Jack, Spectrum, and Hot Hand. Not always the best layout, but they keep you on your toes, constantly trying to keep mental track of what's going on in the game, which shots to shoot for and which are useless (or even better, harmful). One of the ways I judge pins is by how much thinking / things you have to weigh when deciding what to shoot. Some games, you always know what to shoot. In Aztec, you shoot the spinner. Nothing else matters. Sure, it's pretty satisfying to rip the spinner, especially when it's lit, but there's a reason I sold mine off within two months. Next time you play any pin, think about how often you actually have to make a decision about what shot to shoot that goes beyond "am I on the right or left flipper", how much that decision matters, and how often the result of that decision changes. It's not the only thing that matters by any stretch, but it's amazing how many machines (even well regarded ones like Paragon for instance) don't really have that, and they suffer for it imo

#3013 2 years ago

You've just described bingos perfectly.

#3014 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I would love to get this but, alas, it's way too far away. And the low price and single poor-quality photo don't instill me with a lot of confidence.

#3015 2 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I contacted the OP late this morning. Cybernaut is sold. Meteor and Freedom still available for $800 as a package deal

Seller contacted me last night.....Willing to sell the Meteor and Freedom for $750. They posted a few pics of the Meteor. Feel free to PM Me if you want me to get you involved with it.

houston.craigslist.org link

#3016 2 years ago

2 pinball machines for $100 (not sure each or both)
'73 Gottlieb "Pro Football" and '73 Bally "Time Zone"

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

Edit: Gone, less than 1.5 hours after posted on CL

#3017 2 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

You've just described bingos perfectly.

I've got a Gayety and I have yet to see any intentional choices made by any players. Don't get the appeal.

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Seller contacted me last night.....Willing to sell the Meteor and Freedom for $750. They posted a few pics of the Meteor. Feel free to PM Me if you want me to get you involved with it.

I wanna get involved, but there's some states in my way

Where's the project pinball biennial cross country game delivery road trip when you need it

#3018 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've got a Gayety and I have yet to see any intentional choices made by any players.

With magic pockets and lines enabled, every plunge is a potential change in strategy. On Gayety, you can physically rearrange both the card and the playfield.

You miss your intended hole, and you have to steer the ball all the way down to the ball return.

To each their own, of course. Gayety is a phenomenal game.

#3019 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

YES!!! I've been waiting too long to hear this again.

Hahaha...some things never change.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

A year ago, I'd have already trekked down there to get them... but the "rabid acquisition phase" has finally passed. Now I only want the ones left on my hit list.
But yeah... if you are specifically looking for a Cybernaut (great sound FX!) then this deal would be a must. Looks to be in pretty good shape too.

And for that wonderful price....rabid acquisition phase or not, you should have grabbed them. Then you could have shipped the Cybernaut to me!!!

#3020 2 years ago

Game/Type: Flip Flop / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1974
Production: 5,350
Cost: Fair Offer
Contact/Link: houston.craigslist.org link

OP: Not presently working. Have all parts and manuals. This was a ton of fun many years ago. It needs some repairs. I do have referral to where to get this fixed. Would love to see a collector scoop up
This piece and enjoy it.
It is an antique. It does need some work to operate.
Make me a fair offer!!!

#3021 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

OK Mr. Pecos, you gotta explain this one to me. ... but OXO baffles me.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

So you gotta tell me what in tarnation is the deal with OXO?

Heh, heh, heh. I'm ready for that question. I wrote a story, complete with pictures, telling about how and why my first pinball purchase was a 1973 Williams OXO.

http://www.pecos-softwareworks.com/OXO_and_XOX.shtml

In short, the neon pink, green and blue colors grew on me. The colors look fantastic with the lights out.
Lighting the two red Extra Ball triangular inserts was pinball nirvana and added to the color scheme. When lit, the kick-out holes scored 5,000 and an extra ball - pinball nirvana squared.
Lighting all nine squares lit the beautiful red 'Special When Lit' insert - quite challenging to achieve.
The 'around the world shot' is one of the best EM shots of all time.
The 'pointy people' backglass is iconic Christian Marche artwork.
I got to play a brand new OXO and was impressed with the power of the pop bumpers (DC) and the overall solid feel of the game.
You have to pay attention to whether the 'X' or 'O' was lit and make your shots accordingly. Anytime 10 points were scored, the letter changed. It was quite a challenge keeping track when the pinball was bouncing around between the slingshots and the 'Xs' and 'Os' were rapidly changing.

I'm sure there are more, but that's a quick summary for you Nico.

#3022 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: BMX / SS AS-2518-35 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1982
Production: 406 (!)
Cost: Unknown
Contact/Link: binghamton.craigslist.org link
Condition: Unknown. No Pics! OP: "1982 BMX pinball machine very rare"

I texted him and asked him to send me a few pics, and a price.

#3023 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

There we go.

Hey!!!!! I'm trying to control my acquisition phase over here.

#3024 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If we're following this thread, we've got the same problem. *group hug*

ggwuv.gif

#3025 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

There IS a lot of pressure from these guys. I almost hope the pin in Bend is sold. If I drag home another my wife will shit a brick.

#3026 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'm with you Nic (again!). Many people have raved about OXO over the years and I just don't get it. Never liked it as a kid, still don't like it now. Perhaps its just too frustrating for me how the X and O keep switching and screwing up the possibility of completing 3 in a row.

I much prefer my Gulfstream rules. Especially when chasing the 4 corners!
And also like the addition of the S-P-E-C-I-A-L rollover sequence for another Extra Ball.

#3027 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

There IS a lot of pressure from these guys. I almost hope the pin in Bend is sold. If I drag home another my wife will shit a brick.

Sounds like she needs more Fiber in her diet!

#3028 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I contacted this seller a couple times a month ago when I was kicking tires looking for my first pin. No response at all. YMMV. I ended up with an Aladdin's Castle.

#3029 2 years ago

Welcome bkbirge!

Quoted from bkbirge:

No response at all. YMMV. I ended up with an Aladdin's Castle.

Thanks for the heads-up on OXO. Congrats getting your first pin and an EM too!

#3030 2 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I'm with you Nic (again!). Many people have raved about OXO over the years and I just don't get it. Never liked it as a kid, still don't like it now. Perhaps its just too frustrating for me how the X and O keep switching and screwing up the possibility of completing 3 in a row.
I much prefer my Gulfstream rules. Especially when chasing the 4 corners!
And also like the addition of the S-P-E-C-I-A-L rollover sequence for another Extra Ball.

I think we are more entranced by the geometry and flow of the game than the "completion goals" (the game-within-a-game played via the pinball interface).

Some games, especially bingos, lean in the other direction towards "finesse" (more cerebral, less visceral).

Pecos, name a few other all-time faves of yours. Maybe we will see a pattern favoring completion-based games?

#3031 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Posted that one in the hope that someone would rescue me from dragging it home. Alas... the poor thing has been on there long enough to be a candidate for a stay here at the Orphanage. I guess I could maybe be persuaded to help you out. maybe.

#3032 2 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Posted that one in the hope that someone would rescue me from dragging it home. Alas... the poor thing has been on there long enough to be a candidate for a stay here at the Orphanage. I guess I could maybe be persuaded to help you out. maybe.

Please do! Last week my wife discovered the Old Chicago that I have been covertly working on in the garage for months, & she is finally talking to me again.
God help me when I drag Top card, a Bally Show time bingo, or the CC Top ten home from my storage unit.

--- Though, after working on this mid-70's Bally, I am really impressed with the quality of construction. A lot of little details that are way better than Gottlieb's ideas. --- Like score reels.......

#3033 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

...after working on this mid-70's Bally, I am really impressed with the quality of construction. A lot of little details that are way better than Gottlieb's ideas. --- Like score reels.......

Totally. Pretty sure the last Bally EM platform is my favorite. DC rectification, efficient mechs/reels, easy to service relays, and generally bulletproof (no AS relays... HATE). Chimes aren't quite as pretty as Gottlieb, but they are nice enough.

#3034 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Totally. Pretty sure the last Bally EM platform is my favorite. DC rectification, efficient mechs/reels, easy to service relays, and generally bulletproof (no AS relays... HATE). Chimes aren't quite as pretty as Gottlieb, but they are nice enough.

... Well, the light sockets & fuse holders DO suck on the Bally's however... but easily rectified.

#3035 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

... Well, the light sockets & fuse holders DO suck on the Bally's however... but easily rectified.

True, this is. But pretty much true on any game prior to 1970 too.

#3036 2 years ago

When Bally got back into the flipper business, they brought over a lot of the technical improvements developed from the bingos (50V circuits, control unit/score motor, etc). Those carried until the end of the EM era, and I love working on a Bally EM because of this. Consistency is key, and you pretty much know what you're in for with a Bally bingo or EM flipper game. Aside from the fuse blocks (and those stupid single prong sockets) those games are fantastically easy to service.

#3037 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Comet / SS System 9 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1985
Production: 8,100
Cost: $600 Firm
Contact/Link: denver.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...in good condition. This game has a nice backglass and cabinet. The lower playfield does have alot of wear. It is working 100%."

Added over 3 years ago: **Ad not found**

#3038 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Quciksilver / SS M-200 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1980
Production: 1,201
Game/Type: Trident / SS M-100 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1979
Production: 4,019
Game/Type: Galaxy / SS M-200 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1980
Production: 4,947
Game/Type: Flash?? / SS System 4 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1979
Production: 19,505
Cost: $1700 "Would trade all for 1 and add money for the right game."
Contact/Link: louisville.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP calls Flash "the flash" OP: "Been sitting for 20 plus years. All will need some work to play again."

#3039 2 years ago

Game/Type: Big Ben / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1975
Production: 2,900
Cost: $350
Contact/Link: nwga.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Lights work but flippers and ball ejector stopped during game play. For sale AS IS. Game in overall good condition aside from flippers and ejector. Might be just a fuse, not sure."

#3040 2 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Condition: OP calls Flash "the flash"

Could be Flash Gordon

#3041 2 years ago

It's a quiet weekend finding project pins , everybody must be out recreating, so I thought I would try to answer Nico's question:

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Pecos, name a few other all-time faves of yours. Maybe we will see a pattern favoring completion-based games?

It took a while to come up with these and I am sure that they are in no way a complete list of the pinballs that I enjoyed playing the most. For example, I do not mention the Atari pins, but I got a chance to play Atarians when brand new and I enjoyed it. I didn't get to play it much after that - it was always broken and turned off.
Due to a limited stock of quarters, I liked pinball games that I could score high enough to consistently win free games or consistently light the special:
Williams OXO - points
Williams Ding Dong - special
'Short list' of faves:
Joker Poker EM - My favorite Gottlieb
Bally Mata Hari - I don't remember this being one of my favorites but my friend told me I used to play it a lot.
Bally Air Aces - I usually played alone, but not this game. Craig Lefferts and I used to play this game together for hours at a time.
Williams Flash
Williams Firepower
Williams Black Knight
Chicago Coin Hee Haw - Just kidding. When it WAS working, it wasn't working well if I remember correctly.
Added over 3 years ago: **Gun Smoke, below, This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Added over 3 years ago: **Bank Shot, below, This posting has expired.**

Added over 3 years ago: **Southern Belle, below, Archived**

#3042 2 years ago

I acquired a Southern Belle a couple days ago. I'd let it go for the right price

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/38858
IMG_20160901_201831152 (resized).jpgIMG_20160901_203106199 (resized).jpg

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

I acquired a Southern Belle a couple days ago. I'd let it go for the right price

Good luck with your $8.3 million sale.

#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

For reference, I sold a Southern Belle in working condition, with good cosmetics, including fairly good plastics, excellent cabinet and playfield, new tray liner, and a presentable backglass, a few years ago for $450 to make room for another game. That was on the very low end of the price range for this title. The high end was a couple hundred more, perhaps as high as $750. Gauge your game's value accordingly. Several years ago, a spectacular example of a Southern Belle fetched over $2K (to a NJ buyer), as I recall; however, that sale was an outlier. Good luck! However, I suggest that you list a realistic price in your ad. Your $8M price does not engender good will nor encourage offers, I suspect.

#3045 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Good luck with your $8.3 million sale.

OMG - I was going for over the top ridiculous. Apparently I wasn't over the top enough?

Seriously, I had wanted just to put zero, and see what offers came in. That was supposed to be my phone number.

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

For reference, I sold a Southern Belle in working condition, with good cosmetics, including fairly good plastics, excellent cabinet and playfield, new tray liner, and a presentable backglass, a few years ago for $450 to make room for another game. That was on the very low end of the price range for this title. The high end was a couple hundred more, perhaps as high as $750. Gauge your game's value accordingly. Several years ago, a spectacular example of a Southern Belle fetched over $2K (to a NJ buyer), as I recall; however, that sale was an outlier. Good luck! However, I suggest that you list a realistic price in your ad. Your $8M price does not engender good will nor encourage offers, I suspect.

Noted - thank you. Listed for 400 obo

#3047 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Gun Smoke / EM
Year: April 1968
Production: Unknown
Cost: $550
Link/Contact: raleigh.craigslist.org link

OP: Needs TLC.

#3048 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Bank Shot / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1976
Production: 730 (!)
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: fortsmith.craigslist.org link

OP: This is a non working gotlieb bank shot electromechanical pinball machine. It's a pretty rare game and is also the game in wich Roger Sharpe called his shot back in the 70s to turn pinball from an illegal gambling device to a game of skill.
Anyway like I said it doesn't work, motors works just keeps going. Coin door is bent and the number 3 insert seems to be of a different material. Pinball resource sells replacements.
You will need to clean the stepper units and adjust the switches , Etc and it should run forever once it's up

#3049 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Caveman / SS System 80A 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1982
Production: 1,800
Cost: $350
Contact/Link: stlouis.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...doesnt work. Need room. Screen comes and goes. No time to fix it. All displays good, cabinet really good shape cosmetic wise. No acid damage on any of the boards. All plastics nice.game has playfield wear!"

Added over 3 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#3050 2 years ago

Game/Type: Jumpin' Jack's / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: April 1963
Production: 1,500
Cost: $285
Contact/Link: kansascity.craigslist.org link
Condition: "... needs work..."

Added over 3 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author**

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 13663 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 274.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside