IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0262 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0158 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 438 of 522.
#21851 2 years ago

Don't ask me wth happened with that last post.
But anyways. Only 6 Gottlied true AAB "Wow" machines were produced,
with Team One and Lucky Hand being 2 of them..

#21852 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Don't ask me wth happened with that last post.
But anyways. Only 6 Gottlied true AAB "Wow" machines were produced,
with Team One and Lucky Hand being 2 of them..

What about "Gold Strike"?
It has "WOW" in huge letters on the playfield, and it certainly is an add-a-ball game!

#21853 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

What about Gold Strike"?
It has "WOW" in huge letters on the playfield, and it certainly is an add-a-ball game!

Actually, there's a few others that have Wow written on the playfield.
The difference is, it adds up just as the other AABs 1-10 balls in play on the
backglass. A true Wow machine goes up to only 5 balls, with the backglasses'
lit "Wows"being the added balls. They have that extra Wow stepper in the head.
Pretty much the same as the Gottlieb true 2 Player AABs' "Continue to Play Unit"

#21854 2 years ago

Totem
$400
Plymouth, MA
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1613832695622706

Been up 9 hours, probably bid up.

#21855 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

It’s the add a ball version of Abra Ca Dabra.

Sorry I meant Wizard

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2802

#21856 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Stars / SS 4 Player
Year: March 1978
Production: 5,127
Cost: Make Offer
Link/Contact: dubuque.craigslist.org link

OP: JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS! Antique Sterns "Stars" Pinball machine. I bought this machine 10-15 years ago from an amusement company out East to put in my bar room. It had new rubbers put on it and had some updating by the vendor. I think I paid $ 1800.00 at the time which included the shipping. I played the game 3 or 4 times and noticed that the bells on one part of the lower portion of the board were not sounding so I opened it up and discovered that the wire was not attached to the bell system for that particular thing. I connected it and instantly a puff of smoke happened on the circuit board (the standing one behind where it says "Stars". I have never used it since. This is an ideal machine for someone who knows what they are doing. I looked on Ebay yesterday and noticed that there are a lot of different Bally and Sterns circuit boards available and they run anywhere from $ 20.00 to $ 150.00 for all of the different areas of the game. I personally have lost interest in it and decided it might be a good time to sell it and let someone else enjoy it. Make me a realistic offer and it can be picked up at my home in Dubuque.

#21857 2 years ago

EBAY AUCTION

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Genie / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1979
Production: 6,800
Min Bid; $650
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: itm

#21858 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Stars / SS 4 Player
Year: March 1978
Production: 5,127
Cost: Make Offer
Link/Contact: dubuque.craigslist.org link
OP: JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS! Antique Sterns "Stars" Pinball machine. I bought this machine 10-15 years ago from an amusement company out East to put in my bar room. It had new rubbers put on it and had some updating by the vendor. I think I paid $ 1800.00 at the time which included the shipping. I played the game 3 or 4 times and noticed that the bells on one part of the lower portion of the board were not sounding so I opened it up and discovered that the wire was not attached to the bell system for that particular thing. I connected it and instantly a puff of smoke happened on the circuit board (the standing one behind where it says "Stars". I have never used it since. This is an ideal machine for someone who knows what they are doing. I looked on Ebay yesterday and noticed that there are a lot of different Bally and Sterns circuit boards available and they run anywhere from $ 20.00 to $ 150.00 for all of the different areas of the game. I personally have lost interest in it and decided it might be a good time to sell it and let someone else enjoy it. Make me a realistic offer and it can be picked up at my home in Dubuque.

Glad that's not close. Seller paid $1800 10-15 years ago? No pics. I found two of these as projects under $500 in the last couple years.

#21859 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Ship Ahoy / EM AAB 1 Player
Month/Year: June 1976
Production: 1,150
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/958426214184968/posts/5154353094592238

OP: Players condition Ship Ahoy. Ball count is not resetting during startup up sequence. If manually reset game completes reset sequence and will play through a game. Lower pf has some paint loss. BG and cab are good.
Need to clear space in the garage for winter. 500 obo

#21860 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Lucky Ace / EM 1 player
Month/Year: November 1974
Production: 2,809
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/424441335721977

OP: 1974 pinball machine works but needs some work all original 500

#21861 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Safari / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: December 1966
Production: 1,100 (!)
Cost: $750
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/164987202482262

OP: Only needs on/off switch replaced. Pick up only.

Me: Ugly cabinet repaint

#21862 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Glad that's not close. Seller paid $1800 10-15 years ago? No pics. I found two of these as projects under $500 in the last couple years.

I'm just as glad. If this was on the West side of Iowa I'd probably try and grab it..... and I don't even like MPU-100 games.

-Hans

#21863 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Sure wish I could find a $500 Stars project.

#21864 2 years ago

Looks like 2 EMs in a shed, not sure if the 400 is each or for both.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1284081544?q=pinball

They look rough but wanted people to know about them. Looks like the listing is ~2 months old at this point.

#21865 2 years ago
Quoted from Thizben:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1284081544?q=pinball
They look rough but wanted people to know about them. Looks like the listing is ~2 months old at this point.

Star Jet is a fun game, and great artwork.. that one needs some serious love, but well worth the effort... Rocket III isn't a total turd.. someone needs to snag those!

#21866 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

A true Wow machine goes up to only 5 balls, with the backglasses'

How so? I think you're splitting hairs here. I was actually quite disappointed when I first played "Bank Shot" brand new in our local arcade. To me, this was a watered down add-a-ball game, but I guess Gottlieb had to do something after the patsy "Gold Strike". This design also made the domestic and export games pretty much identical.

#21867 2 years ago
Quoted from Thizben:

After a couple months, It's a little hard to believe they're (at least S.J.) would still be in that shed..

#21868 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I was actually quite disappointed when I first played "Bank Shot"

Yea, I went through one of the Bank Shots years ago, and didn't leave it set up for long.
Nothing special (at least to play) but I'll always be hanging onto one to not break up the
set of the Wow machines..
I can see Gold Strike's glass having 5 hidden Wows and being the first of the Wow machines
(having a Wow stepper), but Gottlieb waited the following year for one of your favorites, Bank Shot..
Did you notice that unlike almost all Gottlieb's earlier AABs, the Wow (AAB) machine's was released
before their replay versions..

#21869 2 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Star Jet is a fun game, and great artwork.. that one needs some serious love, but well worth the effort... Rocket III isn't a total turd.. someone needs to snag those!

If anyone wants them let me know and I will reach out and see if they are still there.

#21870 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I can see Gold Strike's glass having 5 hidden Wows and being the first of the Wow machines
(having a Wow stepper),

Don't mean to derail this thread, and this will be my final posting in response to @mopar.
By your reasoning, the earlier export games, such as "Lucky Strike" were also "true WOW games", because they only allowed five free balls won per ball in play.
They were tallied by five "hidden" objects on the backglass. In the case of "Lucky Strike", the five cactus flowers which are not present on the backglass of "Gold Strike". The only difference being (as on the later export games as well, e.g. "Lucky Card"), is that the word "WOW" was never used on the backglass to indicate extra balls. To me, all add-a-ball games using the term "WOW" are true WOW games, the first being "Hearts and Spades".

#21871 2 years ago

Williams Stellar Wars
$200
Brick, NJ
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/238078528427251

Sketchy ad. YMMV.

#21872 2 years ago
Quoted from Thizben:

If anyone wants them let me know and I will reach out and see if they are still there.

I want it, but I think it’s too much of a gamble to spend on shipping. That daylight in the shed ceiling means water got into the backbox. Sad.

#21873 2 years ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

Williams Stellar Wars
$200
Brick, NJ
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/238078528427251
Sketchy ad. YMMV.

Tried anyway. We'll see! They're only 10-20 mins away if it's legit

#21874 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:"Lucky Strike" were also "true WOW games",

Haha, Yea. It may not say Wow, but Lucky Strike is the same concept as the true Wow machines.
I hadn't realized Gottlieb put that extra ball stepper in machines before Bank Shot. So I guess
I should re-phrase that there were six "U.S." versions of Gottlieb Wedge Head true Wow AABs.
Same with the Gottlieb's true 2 Player AABs. There are 4 U.S. versions, but Gottlieb made a
Big Jack (Paul Bunyan) and a Sea Shore (forgot the export's title) with Continuous Play Step Up
Units, and maybe one other..
What I was saying is that the Bank Shot, Ship Ahoy, Team One, Lucky Hand, Neptune, and Rock
Star will someday be in their own line up. They're different. They have an extra stepper for the
lit Wows in the backglass. Some other Wedge Heads may say "Wow When Lit" on the playfield
instead of "Extra Ball When Lit", but they're constructed the exact same as the others.
"Balls to Play" 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

#21875 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

To me, all add-a-ball games using the term "WOW" are true WOW games, the first being "Hearts and Spades".

20190812_105507_resized (resized).jpg20190812_105507_resized (resized).jpg
#21876 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

ESTATE SALE - TH 12/02 - SAT 12/04
Congo
Williams DMD
Dallas, TX
Contact/Link: https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Dallas/75229/3103284

I wish I would have seen this!

Oh well, it likely went for too much at her estate sale.

#21877 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I wish I would have seen this!
Oh well, it likely went for too much at her estate sale.

I tried to buy it but she wouldn’t presell it.

#21879 2 years ago
Quoted from LukeInOklahoma:

Gold Strike is a working project. in a donor cabinet that will need a stencil kit to finish
Lucky Hand is a non-working project.
Team One is a non-working project. a mostly disassembled basket case.
$1500 for the three. prefer to sell all together but will take offers to separate.
message me for details if interested. located in Oklahoma
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

just picked these up. A little on the rough side.

#21880 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

just picked these up. A little on the rough side.

Still worth it! Congrats on the pick up!

#21882 2 years ago

Midway Rodeo
$500
New Hampshire
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2141374252684325

“Needs electrical work”

Sharing primarily because I’ve never seen a Midway pin.

#21883 2 years ago
Quoted from AndrewP:

Sharing primarily because I’ve never seen a Midway pin.

Yea, Midway didn't make many pins. Even Flying Turns, Race Way, and Champ are somewhat
more of an arcade piece. Not in the best of shape, but I understand my Rodeo's schematic is
all we have if anyone grabs the pin and could use a copy..

#21884 2 years ago

Let's get a project pinball games buy & sell going on Facebook. Join up!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/236299688543056/about

#21885 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Why?

#21886 2 years ago

More games to add here possibly

#21887 2 years ago

"Create a new group so we can copy it to this one"...? Yah, that's efficient. Just like people who create redundant threads without searching first, seems everyone wants to be duke of their own fiefdom. Wasn't there recent griping about how many stupidly scattered/redundant FB pinball groups exist already?

How much more noise do you want to create to sift down to the same signal? (Actually since I'm not on FB I suddenly find myself wondering how often Pinside listings get posted over there )

#21888 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Cold day in hell before I join Facebook.

#21889 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

"Create a new group so we can copy it to this one"...? Yah, that's efficient. Just like people who create redundant threads without searching first, seems everyone wants to be duke of their own fiefdom. Wasn't there recent griping about how many stupidly scattered/redundant FB pinball groups exist already?
How much more noise do you want to create to sift down to the same signal? (Actually since I'm not on FB I suddenly find myself wondering how often Pinside listings get posted over there )

I'll reserve judgement. have a nice day.

#21890 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

That's your prerogative. Just remember that the Facebook Marketplace has become the wild west that craigslist once was.

#21891 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Ditto

#21892 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That's your prerogative. Just remember that the Facebook Marketplace has become the wild west that craigslist once was.

Except you didn't need to sacrifice your privacy to join Craigslist.

#21893 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

seems everyone wants to be duke of their own fiefdom

By being admin of a group, you can get a real notification about every post that occurs and/or set your group to only show approved posts. Not saying this is the case here, but if you can get your buy/sell group popular, an admin can essentially have first dibs on any listing.

Most of the listings shared in this thread are non-pinball people selling a non-working game. And occasionally for a very undervalued price. How would these non-educated sellers even know to look for the "Project pinball" Facebook group instead of just posting to marketplace?

#21894 2 years ago

So we can have even more buyers trying to get the few machines that are available.

#21895 2 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

I'm dumbfounded someone on THIS SITE is going HEY GUYS LETS GO OPEN A FOR SALE PAGE on a different site.

Pinside has several for sale threads going at once plus the actual for sale section not to mention God knows how many side deals that are going down.

Another page and on FB to boot? No thanks.

#21896 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm dumbfounded someone on THIS SITE is going HEY GUYS LETS GO OPEN A FOR SALE PAGE on a different site.
Pinside has several for sale threads going at once plus the actual for sale section not to mention God knows how many side deals that are going down.
Another page and on FB to boot? No thanks.

Well you just sit there and be dumbfounded.

#21897 2 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

You don't on Facebook either. I am sure you can figure it out.

#21898 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You don't on Facebook either. I am sure you can figure it out.

As someone who studied IT Security in college, you absolutely do. Once you go down the rabbit hole of the eye-watering mountains of data that Google and Facebook collect about every single thing you do, you’ll want to vomit. It’s disgusting, and even the top brass have admitted this far in the game, it’s impossible to stop. Too much money made selling your soul.

Pinside is a godsend and Robin is excellent and transparent. Nothing I ever do here shows up in a targeted ad the next day.

#21899 2 years ago

I'm getting us back on topic...well sort of. Anyone have interest in these Williams flipper bats and shafts? I pulled them from a Bally machine and don't need them.

20211207_183602 (resized).jpg20211207_183602 (resized).jpg20211207_183611 (resized).jpg20211207_183611 (resized).jpg

#21900 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

As someone who studied IT Security in college, you absolutely do. Once you go down the rabbit hole of the eye-watering mountains of data that Google and Facebook collect about every single thing you do, you’ll want to vomit. It’s disgusting, and even the top brass have admitted this far in the game, it’s impossible to stop.

Bingo! And the only way to get it to stop is to not use the service, let it wither on the vine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 3.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
There are 26,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 438 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/438?hl=thizben and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.