IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0262 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0158 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 26,099 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 522.
#21301 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Doesn't look rare to me. Looks quite well done.

HA! I see what you did there.

The seller did say it needs refurbishing.

#21302 2 years ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

Someone go get this please:
inlandempire.craigslist.org link
OP: $1000 Simpsons Data East - working
Yucaipa, CA
EDIT: it does have significant cab and playfield wear.

Wish I could get the day off to go grab that. Thx for posting

#21303 2 years ago

In regards to the "Stern price increase pushing me out of the hobby" thread, I feel glad and thankful that this thread exists and that I'm knowledgeable/inclined/motivated/confident enough to buy and enjoy project games. I think people that are chasing NIB games exclusively are missing out on 90% of the rest of what this hobby has to offer. There's nothing more satisfying than buying a dead game, bringing it back to life and enjoying the hell out of it, for a fraction of the cost of a NIB. I understand that some people just want the new thing, or that they don't have the motivation to work on project games but I'm glad I don't need the newest and that I can see value where others see trash.

Maybe it's because I'm only a handful of years into the hobby and haven't gotten jaded with "what's already been done." but for me, half of the fun is working on the games, while the other half is seeing and enjoying the result.

Just another thanks to everyone that keeps this thread alive and going.

#21304 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

In regards to the "Stern price increase pushing me out of the hobby" thread, I feel glad and thankful that this thread exists and that I'm knowledgeable/inclined/motivated/confident enough to buy and enjoy project games. I think people that are chasing NIB games exclusively are missing out on 90% of the rest of what this hobby has to offer. There's nothing more satisfying than buying a dead game, bringing it back to life and enjoying the hell out of it, for a fraction of the cost of a NIB. I understand that some people just want the new thing, or that they don't have the motivation to work on project games but I'm glad I don't need the newest and that I can see value where others see trash.
Maybe it's because I'm only a handful of years into the hobby and haven't gotten jaded with "what's already been done." but for me, half of the fun is working on the games, while the other half is seeing and enjoying the result.
Just another thanks to everyone that keeps this thread alive and going.

For me half of the fun with pinball is fixing the machines! Repairing dead machines and making them play is super rewarding. Ongoing maintenance can be a drag but that comes with new machines too.

#21305 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Amazon Hunt / SS System 80A
Year: Sept 1983
Production: 1,515
Cost: $400
Pinsider: Dr_Gonzo
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colorado-whats-fsft/page/110#post-6479317

OP: Fully working other than a switch or two. Rough playfield, excellent backglass.

#21306 2 years ago

I'm grateful that most of my collection is former trash / junk I resurrected, but regret that I found my calling far too late. I truly cherish the mystery, learning, and craft of fixing machines. It's cheaper than therapy and a drug habit. But a rising tide lifts all boats and those escalating NIB prices and disgruntled / capped out buyers are the reason so many projects and dead machines are priced for what working machines used to be. You can see the trends in this very thread, what used to be "insane for a project" a couple years ago is now a "great deal". Yeah yeah prices are up everywhere what else is new, but... the projects that kept me happy and sane are ever and ever fewer. I'm glad I got to do what I did, though.

#21307 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I'm grateful that most of my collection is former trash / junk I resurrected, but regret that I found my calling far too late. I truly cherish the mystery, learning, and craft of fixing machines. It's cheaper than therapy and a drug habit. But a rising tide lifts all boats and those escalating NIB prices and disgruntled / capped out buyers are the reason so many projects and dead machines are priced for what working machines used to be. You can see the trends in this very thread, what used to be "insane for a project" a couple years ago is now a "great deal". Yeah yeah prices are up everywhere what else is new, but... the projects that kept me happy and sane are ever and ever fewer. I'm glad I got to do what I did, though.

Anything that can be restored for less than the cost of NiB is commanding top dollar at this point, but there are loads of empty chewed up cabinets and mechs, playfield hardware and wires from totaled machines that got stripped for boards and game specific parts. Time to start making homebrews!

I'd been designing playfields on graph paper since the 80s but kept putting it off until late 2019. The hundreds of hours spent trying to turn a hot mess of salvaged mechs, 3d printed crap, random electronics and anything else I yanked off of a random household object because it looked like it might fit all work together in a way resembling pinball has been some of the most fun I've ever had.

Another year of this madness and it might actually be playable by people other than me. A history of repairing machines gives you a head start.

Full Disclosure: I'm waiting on NiB simultaneously. I like fixing/building but I also like playing. Almost 2 separate hobbies for me.

#21308 2 years ago

The number of project pins at reasonable prices has been decreasing, but this trend has also been seen in the arcade machine hobby. As prices of fully working used pins and arcade machines increase, more people enter the hobby, further driving prices up. I've heard many non-collectors say "Oh, pinball is hot right now" as they try to sell "C" title 70s Williams ems and SS titles like Night Rider and Supersonic that have serious playfield wear and they want $1,500 for them.

Be patient, and network with others to find projects. Locally, two collectors monitor CL and FB many times a day, grab the pins/arcades, and then brag about it on FB. It makes it hard to find good deals locally, but networking is your best bet. Join a pinball league, play at a local arcade, tell your coworkers, neighbors and friends that you're looking for a new pin.

#21309 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I understand that some people just want the new thing, or that they don't have the motivation to work on project games but I'm glad I don't need the newest and that I can see value where others see trash.

Some people are great pinball players but have no idea what a screwdriver is (which is no crime ). They depend on Stern, and the other mfrs. and the kindness of friends, to keep their pins going. I feel very fortunate ( maybe even blessed ) that I have always been good with my hands.

It is no different than a great guitarist who sends his guitars to his favorite luthier for repair. And the luthier makes great repairs in broken wood but could not rake out a chord if his life depended on it.

#21310 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Some people are great pinball players but have no idea what a screwdriver is (which is no crime ). They depend on Stern, and the other mfrs. and the kindness of friends, to keep their pins going. I feel very fortunate ( maybe even blessed ) that I have always been good with my hands.
It is no different than a great guitarist who sends his guitars to his favorite luthier for repair. And the luthier makes great repairs in broken wood but could not rake out a chord if his life depended on it.

To that I agree. I feel the same way, in that I'm fortunate that I've always been a handy DIY type of person. Housework, cars, pinball, it's all the same to me. For the most part, it's nothing that a couple of Youtube videos can't demystify. Again, I feel very fortunate that I'm more inclined than others for this kind of work.

BUT...there are plenty of used games that are in 100% working condition that won't break that bank either. Going back to the original statement, you don't need to only buy NIB games to stay in the hobby. And one could argue that a fully working EM can be more robust than a modern Stern. So there's that

#21311 2 years ago

I really only mean to fix up games so I can play them. But then another one comes along. And then my wife suggests we make an extra room we have at work into a break room.
The score so far is three that work and three projects.

#21312 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

And one could argue that a fully working EM can be more robust than a modern Stern. So there's that

I have not had good luck with EMs. There are lot of things I need to see done at least once. EMs fit that category for me. I need to take a semester of EM maintenance and repair of relays.

But my cousin figured Ems out on his own and has a nice collection of wedge heads. There are no transistors to go bad. No diodes to go bad and make your pull out your hair...

I just put 2 Alltek lamps boards in the mail for wty. repair. Both have fried traces.

It a lots of ways, EMs rule.
================

Oh yeah, youtube has been a great help on demystifying how to take something apart. The only trouble with fixit Joe's fixit vid is that he always manages to leave out one step, such as not talking about that screw that is buried in the dark but has to come out to complete the disassembly.

#21313 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have not had good luck with EMs. There are lot of things I need to see done at least once. EMs fit that category for me. I need to take a semester of EM maintenance and repair of relays.
But my cousin figured Ems out on his own and has a nice collection of wedge heads. There are no transistors to go bad. No diodes to go bad and make your pull out your hair...
I just put 2 Alltek lamps boards in the mail for wty. repair. Both have fried traces.
It a lots of ways, EMs rule.
================
Oh yeah, youtube has been a great help on demystifying how to take something apart. The only trouble with fixit Joe's fixit vid is that he always manages to leave out one step, such as not talking about that screw that is buried in the dark but has to come out to complete the disassembly.

I started out with EM's and still real comfortable with them, I generally can get a dead unit up and playing 90% inside 20-30 minutes.

#21314 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I started out with EM's and still real comfortable with them, I generally can get a dead unit up and playing 90% inside 20-30 minutes.

A pinhead with a LOT of experience with EMs and solid states said that for EMs, he cleans all score reels and adjusts their switches and then does the same for the replay unit. He hand tightens any loose screws and that’s it.

He said that you can spend 30-40 hours to completely disassemble all em switch stacks, clean and adjust everything, but if you don’t know what you’re doing you’ll do more harm than good. For beginners (like me) stick to the steps in the first section.

#21315 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

A pinhead with a LOT of experience with EMs and solid states said that for EMs, he cleans all score reels and adjusts their switches and then does the same for the replay unit. He hand tightens any loose screws and that’s it.
He said that you can spend 30-40 hours to completely disassemble all em switch stacks, clean and adjust everything, but if you don’t know what you’re doing you’ll do more harm than good. For beginners (like me) stick to the steps in the first section.

With EM's I'm more of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" person Has worked well so far. It takes me a bit more than 20-30 minutes to get a game going, but I get there eventually. EM's tick another part of my brain that SS games don't. Reading (or attempting to lol) the schematics, and understanding the actual logic behind how an EM works is something that SS or newer games can't do for me and is very satisfying.

Said pinhead does what I usually do outside of a full shop job. Usually score reels and any stepper units (usually anything with a coil) gets cleaned and resleeved and they're pretty solid after that.

#21316 2 years ago

I'm interrupting our shop job discussion to post....a cheap project pin...

Game/Type: Duotron / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1974
Production: 2,525
Cost: $375
Pinsider: steviechs
Contact/Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/120414

OP: Fully working machine in good shape, but it has been folded up for the last year. I'd honestly rather not set it back up. The cabinet was repainted and looks very nice. The back glass is good. All switches and solenoids fire properly and it scores correctly. The inside of the cabinet and head are super clean and the metal brackets and hardware are nice and shiny. There is some planking on the playfield but it's not too bad, a couple bulbs are out.

#21317 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I'm interrupting our shop job discussion to post....a cheap project pin...

All good Back to the projects!!

#21318 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

OP: Fully working machine in good shape, but it has been folded up for the last year. I'd honestly rather not set it back up. The cabinet was repainted and looks very nice. The back glass is good. All switches and solenoids fire properly and it scores correctly. The inside of the cabinet and head are super clean and the metal brackets and hardware are nice and shiny. There is some planking on the playfield but it's not too bad, a couple bulbs are out.

Proper ad link, but copied the OP description from the other non-project Duotron that is for sale on Pinside.

Quoted from FatPanda:

EM's tick another part of my brain that SS games don't

Someone come pick up a brain stimulator from me

#21319 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

With EM's I'm more of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" person Has worked well so far. It takes me a bit more than 20-30 minutes to get a game going, but I get there eventually. EM's tick another part of my brain that SS games don't. Reading (or attempting to lol) the schematics, and understanding the actual logic behind how an EM works is something that SS or newer games can't do for me and is very satisfying.
Said pinhead does what I usually do outside of a full shop job. Usually score reels and any stepper units (usually anything with a coil) gets cleaned and resleeved and they're pretty solid after that.

My OP friend has nothing kind to say about 4-player EMs.

I have seen him get a broken SS Elektra and a broken SS Vector up an running. If something is not working he knows exactly where to look.

#21320 2 years ago

Love reading about your finds and wins in bringing these machines back to life. Hoping to find one of my own soon and join the club.

#21321 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

The number of project pins at reasonable prices has been decreasing, but this trend has also been seen in the arcade machine hobby. As prices of fully working used pins and arcade machines increase, more people enter the hobby, further driving prices up. I've heard many non-collectors say "Oh, pinball is hot right now" as they try to sell "C" title 70s Williams ems and SS titles like Night Rider and Supersonic that have serious playfield wear and they want $1,500 for them.
Be patient, and network with others to find projects. Locally, two collectors monitor CL and FB many times a day, grab the pins/arcades, and then brag about it on FB. It makes it hard to find good deals locally, but networking is your best bet. Join a pinball league, play at a local arcade, tell your coworkers, neighbors and friends that you're looking for a new pin.

also i noticed that the best people at finding great deals and whole lots are flippers, wich drive prices higher for everyone.

Quoted from FatPanda:

To that I agree. I feel the same way, in that I'm fortunate that I've always been a handy DIY type of person. Housework, cars, pinball, it's all the same to me. For the most part, it's nothing that a couple of Youtube videos can't demystify. Again, I feel very fortunate that I'm more inclined than others for this kind of work.
BUT...there are plenty of used games that are in 100% working condition that won't break that bank either. Going back to the original statement, you don't need to only buy NIB games to stay in the hobby. And one could argue that a fully working EM can be more robust than a modern Stern. So there's that

in my humble opinion a repairman can never achieve 100% how you want a game to play, fine tunning and other meticulous fixes are left to you the owner.

#21322 2 years ago

my bad, back to the projects...
sfbay.craigslist.org link
portland.craigslist.org link
sandiego.craigslist.org link

00L0L_1jOswGLJwItz_0MM132_600x450 (resized).jpg00L0L_1jOswGLJwItz_0MM132_600x450 (resized).jpg00P0P_ddPYAX8i1vaz_0MM132_600x450 (resized).jpg00P0P_ddPYAX8i1vaz_0MM132_600x450 (resized).jpg00t0t_iKKUAunBeP4z_0t20CI_600x450 (resized).jpg00t0t_iKKUAunBeP4z_0t20CI_600x450 (resized).jpg01010_g4XXyvjVavhz_0oo0ww_600x450 (resized).jpg01010_g4XXyvjVavhz_0oo0ww_600x450 (resized).jpg
#21326 2 years ago

"Unidentified" $100 pinball for sale in Frederick MD that is missing the BG and basically a mess:

frederick.craigslist.org link

It's a Game Plan Sharpshooter from what I see.

#21328 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

"Unidentified" $100 pinball for sale in Frederick MD that is missing the BG and basically a mess:
frederick.craigslist.org link
It's a Game Plan Sharpshooter from what I see.

With a huge mouse nest as an extra bonus!

#21329 2 years ago

A Meteor playfield in a Gottlieb cabinet for $50.
carbondale.craigslist.org link

#21330 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

A Meteor playfield in a Gottlieb cabinet for $50.

I could really use this. Is anyone near this going to the York show? I don’t need the cabinet, just the populated playfield.

#21331 2 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

my bad, back to the projects...
sfbay.craigslist.org link
portland.craigslist.org link
sandiego.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sinbad and Speakeasy in San Diego. $500 for both. Great deal.

#21332 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

With a huge mouse nest as an extra bonus!

Both those games are 3 hours round trip away but I just scored a Gottlieb Volley project and have a bunch of other projects in the wings. So mouse nest wasn't worth the drive.

#21333 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I could really use this. Is anyone near this going to the York show? I don’t need the cabinet, just the populated playfield.

I would click on the link and see the playfield. I was weak and looked at it.
It doesn't seem to be that populated underneath...

#21334 2 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

I would click on the link and see the playfield. I was weak and looked at it. It doesn't seem to be that populated underneath...

It’s missing the large six drop target bank, but it has the three three-drop target banks and two flipper mechs. Mostly I want the drop target banks.

#21335 2 years ago

Not a PROJECT MACHINE but if your headed to the York Pinball Show (or live near Central PA) I am selling off a couple lots of PINBALL PARTS that would be great for someone who buys a fair amount of project machines. See my two for sale ads here on Pinside. Feel free to email with questions! Lots of great parts CHEAP and they will really be helpful to someone but since we are getting away from the hobby I no longer need them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/119479

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/120508

These will be a great deal for the right person but with the size and weight of the lots of parts they have to be LOCAL PICK UP ONLY - it will be impossible to ship all of this stuff!

#21336 2 years ago

Project cocktail machine: Circa 1933

Manufacturer: Fascination
Game/Type: Circa 1933 / SS 4 Player
Cost: $350
Pinsider: thegeekyhusband
Contact/Link:
Contact me

Description: bulbs and rubbers recently replaced. Powers on but flippers need rebuilt.
Original parts included. Missing 1 spring, 1 broken flipper mech.

81755B2C-3901-4F62-B968-44CE45A3B877 (resized).jpeg81755B2C-3901-4F62-B968-44CE45A3B877 (resized).jpegE17DB703-2032-4CBD-B5EF-2FF0496F150F (resized).jpegE17DB703-2032-4CBD-B5EF-2FF0496F150F (resized).jpegEBDF61E8-ECBC-4A64-82A0-733A110C3430 (resized).jpegEBDF61E8-ECBC-4A64-82A0-733A110C3430 (resized).jpeg
#21337 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Project cocktail machine: Circa 1933

I reposted your project in the cocktail club. We cocktail'ers are a hardy breed!

#21338 2 years ago

1979 Flash Pinball Machine - Powers up but doesn’t play. CT, $800 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/826819941313487/

Still on the hunt for a Xenon..

#21339 2 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

some one get this. It is a Meteor play field with the drop targets still there.

#21340 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

some one get this. It is a Meteor play field with the drop targets still there.

I asked above if someone can grab it for me. No takers.

#21341 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I asked above if someone can grab it for me. No takers.

Everyone is at the MOP auction.

#21342 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Everyone is at the MOP auction.

Have you seen the insane prices the seller is getting?

#21343 2 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Eight Ball / SS
Year: January 1977
Production: 20,230 units
Cost: $1,00 OBO
Pinsider: Vinceseidnitzer
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/120583

Me: Seller just joined Pinside today.

#21344 2 years ago

Game/Type: King Kool / EM
Year: July 1972
Production: 3,325
Cost: $580
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/630406413802349/posts/2010116312498012

#21345 2 years ago

Game/Type: World Fair / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: April 1964
Production: 4,650
Cost: $600
Seller: Andrew Malouf Jr
Contact/Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1563768590543398/posts/2920680081518902

#21346 2 years ago

Game/Type: Dodge City / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: July 1965
Production: 3,175
Cost: $500
Seller: Jon Mitchell
Link/Contact: https://www.facebook.com/adam.vadeboncoeur/posts/1021874971914962:14

OP: Looking to sell or trade my Gottlieb Dodge City pin 500$ or trade towards a solid state pin or project. Can add cash. Hudson valley NY pick up.

#21347 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

O.K. Here is my two cents.
Why would you pay 1,000.00 dollars on a Eight Ball pinball
when you can go to California and pay 5,000.00 + for it.

#21348 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Maybe he thinks he has an EBD?

#21349 2 years ago

Quick, everyone on this page add a 1000 dollars to your price. Shoot, add 2000.
Drive with the traffic.

#21350 2 years ago

The MOP auction has really gone bonkers with the games prices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
There are 26,099 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 522.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/427?hl=oilspot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.